Title: Whites

by S.

Fandom: VTTBOTS

Pairing: Crane/Morton

Rating: PG 13 m/m sex

Disclaimer: Not mine and I'm not making a profit

Summary: Two hot days and two hot officers

 

Whites

by S.


Lee Crane and Chip Morton were at the 18th hole of the Santa Barbara Golf Course, just finishing their round on another beautiful but hot and sunny day. While the two men had started their round fairly early, they had been surprised when the glare of the sun had become almost uendurable by the 16th hole. Still, neither man had wanted to give up since they only had to complete two more holes.

As usual, Morton was behind in the match, not because his golf skills were less than those of his Skipper, but because there were too many distractions--distractions that all focused on his best friend, Lee Crane. Chip loved to watch the handsome brunet play golf because he did it so effortlessly and with all the grace of a leopard. His favorite moments were those when the Captain would bend over to take the golf ball from hole. The memories of the sight of Crane's taut butt in tight slacks would keep him distracted even after they were at the next tee. So as a result, the Exec would sometimes hook the next shot which would automatically give Crane an advantage.

As soon as both men finished the round, they headed to the clubhouse where the loser always bought the winner a beer. Lee Crane had not bought a beer in many months. This day the cold, frosty brew tasted particularly good because their throats were parched from walking over the landscape chasing the little white ball. "Lee, if it's this hot next time, I think we should get a golf cart!"

"Mr. Morton, you need to be in better shape. I think I'll start requiring my officers to undergo rigorous physical training," the dark-haired teased gently.

"Aye, aye, Sir, and can I assume you'll be right up there leading us?" **Now, that I'd like to see. Lee Crane in tight shorts and tee shirt."

"Well, of course. I'll sit there and make sure all of you are doing your exercises properly."

"You are the soul of leadership, Captain!"

"I appreciate your support, Mr. Morton. Well, I'd better go take a shower and then head home. I have a date later and I have some work I want to clear up at the Institute first."

"Lee, don't you ever relax?"

"Well, of course. Didn't we just play golf?"

"You know what I mean. It's always go, go, go for you. Don't you ever stop to just wind down--especially after that last mission?" As soon as he said it, Chip knew he had mentioned the wrong thing.

During the last mission, Lee Crane had come close to killing his friend, Harriman Nelson, due to the influence of a drug found in berries on an island. It had been obvious to Chip Morton that the incident had deeply disturbed the Skipper--and apparently it still weighed on his mind.

Crane's face darkened with the memory, but the shadow quickly disappeared under the camouflage of one of Lee's incredible smiles. " Don't worry about it,Chip, I'll relax tonight. Lois is really a relaxing person."

"I'm sure she is. Have a good time."

"You're going already? I thought you might want another beer. I'll buy."

"No thanks. I've got plans too." **Yeah, doing my laundry.**

"Okay, but don't forget we're playing tennis tomorrow at 1000 hours."

"I won't forget. See you tomorrow."

The blond grabbed his golf clubs and headed to his car. Right now he just wanted to get away from his best friend. It wasn't Crane's fault that the Exec was in love with the handsome man, but sometimes it took all of Chip's patience to make it through another day without telling him how he felt. And just the thought of seeing that beautiful body in tennis whites made his own body ache with longing.

**Why do I do this to myself? I should just stay away from him except when we're on SEAVIEW.** But, realistically, Morton knew that any contact with his Skipper was better than none at all. That was why he had never made a move to leave SEAVIEW, even though he could have had his own command. Unlike many officers, command was not his number one priority.

As soon as the XO entered his small apartment, he stripped and headed to the shower. Looking at himself in the mirror he was startled to see that he had picked up quite a bit of color while out on the links. Normally, he was careful to wear a hat, but for some reason, he had forgotten to take one. Of course, the Captain with his beautiful coloring, rarely had to worry about sunburn, but the fair-haired officer certainly didn't relish looking like a lobster.

After the cooling shower which had stung at first, the trim man pulled out another cold beer then sat down on his bed to relax and read the newspaper. On the front page was a photo of Harriman Nelson winning another award for his scientific work. Morton liked Nelson for the most part, except for the way he was careless with the safety of SEAVIEW and her men at times. He knew that the stocky man worshipped at the altar of science, which was all well and good, but it was frequently the crew and officers who had to pay the price.

That was especially true for Lee Crane who had to walk a fine line between serving Nelson and serving SEAVIEW's best interests. Morton had always tried to give the brunet his full support, but there had been times when he had wanted to yell at his friend for endangering his life just so that Nelson could further his own scientific interests.

After finishing the paper, the XO went into the kitchen to make a sandwich. Surprisingly after a few bites, his stomach rebelled so he tossed it into the garbage. He had just bought the cold cuts a few days before so he had assumed they were still fresh. Sweat broke out on his face and yet he felt slightly cold. **That's all I need--food poisoning.**

After making a hurried trip to the bathroom, the blond decided that discretion was the better part of valor and headed to bed. He hoped that a good night's sleep would purge the feeling in his digestive tract because he did not intend to miss his tennis date with Lee Crane.

Fortunately, by 0900 the next day, Chip Morton did seem to feel better. He decided to forego breakfast anyway so as not to defy fate.

In the mirror he could see that his sunburn was not as apparent as he had feared so he gently put on some lotion to combat further exposure and a white baseball- type hat so that his face would be protected. Then he grabbed his racquet and equipment and drove to the tennis courts where Lee Crane was waiting for him.

The young Captain was a sight to behold in tennis whites. The shorts were cut perfectly so they caressed the gorgeous butt and, unlike on SEAVIEW, Crane left several buttons of his polo shirt undone. It was all Morton could not to jump those delicious bones.

Chip managed to keep his focus on the game through the first set, but as the sun began to get higher in the sky, he became aware of just how hot it was and that his rebellious stomach was now demanding his attention. He fought down the feeling as he clenched his jaw and played on. As in golf, he did not prevail, but he was determined not to give up in front of Lee Crane.

By the time the last volley had taken place, Morton's face had turned pale under the sunburn. All he wanted to do was lie down in the shade and die--although he knew that wasn't likely.

Coming off the court, Lee Crane was grinning broadly at his friend until he saw the anguish on Morton's face. "Chip, what's the matter?"

"I...I think I got too much sun. It's so hot."

"Come on, let's get you into the car. I'll get you home. We'd better use your car since I've got the top down on mine."

"You don't have to...."

"Oh, yes I do, Mister, I'm not having my Exec pass out at the wheel."

In ten minutes, Lee Crane and Chip Morton were in front of the building where the Exec lived. The blond had kept his eyes closed during the whole drive. He was afraid what might happen if he opened them, but when the car stopped moving he knew that he would have to do so.

Crane hurriedly moved around to the passenger side where he helped his friend to his feet. Carefully, he helped Morton into the building and his apartment where he turned on the air conditioner and got the young man onto the bed. "Chip, you just lie quiet. I'm going to get you some water. I think you're dehydrated. Then I'm going to call Jamie."

A hoarse whisper of "No," came out which was ignored by the determined Captain.

In fifteen minutes Will Jamieson appeared at the door of Morton's apartment. After a quick exam, he concurred with Crane's analysis of Chip's dehydration and heat exhaustion. Fortunately, it had not gone so far as to necessitate hospitalization, but it could have had the Skipper not taken immediate steps to cool off the sick man.

After the doctor had left, with explicit instructions to take the Exec to the Emergency Room if his condition worsened, he left, leaving Lee to keep an eye on the sleeping patient. Chip knew that someone was with him since a cool cloth caressed his head from time to time and a voice kept urging him to drink some kind of liquid, but in actuality, the blond thought maybe it was a dream. He just knew that he felt rotten. He wanted to go to sleep and feel 100% better

At 0600 the XO did awake. His body felt weak and drained, but at least his stomach wasn't doing a mambo anymore. Tentatively, he struggled to sit up when he realized that someone was in bed with him. Lee Crane, hair tousled and in a tee-shirt and boxers, was curled up next to him. It was obvious that he had spent the night to make sure that Morton was not seriously ill.

Gingerly putting his feet on the floor, Chip was pleased to see that he could stand without the room tilting too much. He hoped he could get to the bathroom and clean up before Crane awoke. He didn't really want to face the handsome man in his present condition. It took will power and
fortitude but the Exec made it. He felt much better after brushing his teeth and washing up. He decided that he might even be able to convince Crane that he could go home and leave his friend to wallow in misery by himself. Of course, much of the misery was due to the fact that the man he loved had seen him in yesterday's sorry condition.

Unfortunately, Chip's plan went awry almost immediately when he returned to the bedroom to get dressed because Lee Crane was already awake and had redressed in his rumpled tennis whites. Morton hastily grabbed a robe. He didn't really want to confront his friend with a hard-on.

"Chip, how are you feeling?"

"Better. Uh, thanks for staying"

"No problem. I think I'll go make some coffee for me and you should have some juice."

"Lee, I can take care of it. You don't have to stay any longer."

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"Frankly, yes. I've made a big enough fool of myself and I'd like to be alone."

For one moment, Morton thought that Lee had taken the hint, but no, he merely walked into the kitchen, poured a glass of juice and returned, handing it to the other man. "Drink."

Since the blond was beginning to feel giddy, he decided to acquiesce, draining the small glass.

"Good. Do you feel like something to eat?"

"No."

"Well, I do. So I am going to make some coffee and toast and then we are going to talk."

Morton groaned. "There's nothing to talk about. I got too much sun.End of story. Thanks again and I'll see you on SEAVIEW tomorrow."

"Mr. Morton, I am not leaving until we talk so just lie down in bed and I'll be right back."

Since the giddiness had increased in the last few mments, Chip heartily agreed that bed was the best place to be. Sinking down onto the softmattress, he let his body relax, hoping to keep the nausea at bay.

As promised, the brunet soon returned with a mug of aromatic beverage and two slices of hot, buttered toast which he put on the small table near the chair where he sat down. "If you feel like some toast, just let me know."

"Thanks, Mother."

The brown-gold eyes lit up with laughter. "So you've still got a sense of humor anyway."

"Yeah, that's right. Even when he's dying good old Chip Morton cracks a joke."

The handsome face grimaced. "Chip, you know heat exhaustion can be serious. Why didn't you tell me you were feeling bad? We could have stopped playing at any time."

"Didn't want to ruin your exercise."

Crane sat there speechless for a moment. "You've got to be kidding. You risked...."

"Lee, just forget it. I'll be all right. Why don't you go on home? I'm sure you have a date or something."

"Chip, for one thing it is only 0730 so I do not have a date and for another thing, you're more important to me than a date."

The crystalline blue eyes in the sunburned face stared over at the Captain. Then he began to laugh. "Tell me another one. I can use another good laugh."

Crane flushed with anger. "What the hell do you mean?"

"Lee Crane, all I am to you is your Executive Officer. I do what you tell me to. You confide in me when it suits your prurpose and keep me in the dark for the same reason.. Let's be honest with each other--the only person you really care about is the Admiral."

Shocked, Crane whispered, "Do you really believe that?"

"Hell, yes! I'd suspect you of sleeping with him, except that I know it's his lab and SEAVIEW that he loves."

Lee Crane sank into the chair, covering his face with his hands. He sat there for sometime, body trembling.

Morton lay on the bed watching his friend. He had thought that Lee would lash out in anger at the accusation so he was puzzled at the officer's reaction. Just as he began to be worried at the silence, Crane dropped his hands and stood up shakily. "I'm sorry I've failed you. I'll go now. Why don't you take a couple of days off before you report for duty?" Lee Crane made his way towards the kitchen and the outer door.

"Lee, wait!"

The wet brown-gold eyes turned to face him. "I really am sorry, you know." He continued on through the door.

Wavering precariously, Morton got up and followed the man into the kitchen. Taking hold of one arm, he grabbed on for dear life.

Crane started to pull away when he realized that Morton was using him to keep himself in an upright position. "Come on, Chip, let's get you back to bed before you fall down."

Gathering his strength, Chip moved along with the Skipper who gently began to push the blond back onto the bed. Morton took him by surprise, when he grasped Lee's shirt and pulled the slender man down on the bed with him.

"Chip, what the hell are you doing?"

"I don't want to go to bed unless you go with me."

Crane reached out to touch Morton's forehead. "Are you delerious?"

"No, just sick and tired of just watching you. I want to touch, hold and kiss you."

Consternation crossed the handsome face for a moment. "Chip, this is no time for a joke."

Morton released Crane's shirt, only to wrap his arms around the lean body that was almost on top of him. "No, you're right. It's time for the truth. I love you and I'd like to think that maybe you feel something for me."

"You just said you thought I was sleeping with the Admiral!"

"Are you?"

"Damn you, of course I'm not! How could I when I...."

"When you're what?"

Crane tried to wriggle free from the tight grasp. "You know for someone who's sick, you're holding on pretty tight."

"That's because I'm highly motivated. Now, finish what you were going to say."

"Chip, please let me go. I'll tell you, but I can't think like this."

For a moment Morton was confused until he realized that Crane's hard cock was pushing at his thigh. He released the other man reluctantly.

The Skipper got to his feet and moved backwards slightly.

"Tell me."

Crane looked down at his sneakers. "I...I've been in love with you since right after I took over command, but I figured you'd punch me out if you knew. And also, I...well,,,I am your commanding officer and...."

Morton nodded. "Go on."

"I thought...I thought that even if you did want to be...with me, you might resent it if you weren't free to take your own command."

Astonishment flared in the sunburned face. "Lee, have I ever indicated that I wanted command?"

"No, but I thought you were just being loyal."

"Lee Crane, you would try the patience of a saint. I enjoy being your Exec, but I would love to have another relationship with you as well."

"Friend?"

"Yes--and lover. Would you...would you think about it for the future?"

The handsome Skipper stood there for a long heartbeat then walked over to the blond and took him into his arms. "I've thought about it and I want you very much."

"Good, because I want us to be together."

For the next couple of minutes there was only silence as the two men kissed passionately. "Lee, you are one hell of a kisser. They didn't teach you that at Annapolis."

"Umm, no, but they did teach anatomy as I recall. Now I believe this is your sternum," as he ran a finger down between Chips taut nipples.

"And this is your clavicle," as he nibbled at Morton's collarbone. By this time, Chip's cock had roused itself at the anatomy lesson.

Lee removed the tee-shirt that Morton wore as he continued to lick and caress. He was so gentle that even when he touched the sunburn, it felt delightful instead of painful. But soon his lover knew that he needed more, so the Captain's talented mouth descended to the center of his need as he pulled down the boxers and began to probe the slit, the vein and crest. It had been a long time since the Exec had experienced such a feeling so it didn't take long for him to enter into the ecstasy that awaited him. Just the sight of the man he loved with his mouth wrapped tightly around his aching shaft was enough to make the XO explode.

As the blond's shudders quieted, Crane reached up to kiss him. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that, you should be taking in liquids, not losing them."

"Well, if you give me a minute, I know of a perfect way to gain some."

"Sounds good to me."

"Well, it looks like I finally won a match from you, Lee."

"Oh I don't know. In this case, I'd say the score is LOVE ALL."

THE END