Title: "The Lion and the Lamb", part 2, the Honeymoon

Author/pseudonym: Alexis Rogers

Email address: arogers@calweb.com

Fandom: "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"

Rating: NC-17

Pairings: Lee Crane/Harriman Nelson.

Date: 16 July 1999

Archive: Yes. One file to archivist as breaking this down was a challenge.

Archive author: Alexis Rogers

Archive email address: arogers@calweb.com

Series/Sequel: "The Lion and the Lamb" and part of the Boys of Berkeley series.

Other website: http://www.calweb.com/users/a/arogers

This is the continuation of the "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" love story between Admiral Harriman Nelson and his captain, Commander Lee Crane. The story probably won't make any sense if you have not read the story, "The Lion and the Lamb". Please remember this is *fanfiction* and I know the Navy details are wrong. I found it difficult to reconcile the *canon*, which was wrong, with reality, and I'm sure I failed. How many sailors do you know who board a submarine, which was clearly a Naval vessel, carrying Samsonite luggage?

Fanfiction has always been a vehicle for self-indulgence and I have been guilty of so using it. This story, which in part has been on my webpage for a while, is certainly that. I have a great deal of respect of John F. Kennedy and used Admiral Nelson and the setting of VBS to play with a relationship between the fictional Nelson and the historical Kennedy to explore what I feel is the real reason the *Seaview* could have existed. It's no mistake that I drug this story out now, as we wait for the recovery teams to find the body of John Jr. There much more to this, which includes Nelson's relationship with Bobby Kennedy as well, and maybe now I'll work on that part, too. It'll help me deal with the current tragedy in my own way.

Warning: This story contains graphic descriptions of consensual sexual acts between two men, and is disgusting sappy. (Well, it is their honeymoon.) Lee also discovers his lover has a taste for the kinkier side of sex. This story is set in 1964 and I've tried to keep it in tune with that time.

Disclaimers: "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea",*Seaview*, Admiral Nelson, Captain Crane, the Nelson Institute for Marine Research belong to Irwin Allen and company. Now that he's dead, I don't know who owns the rights; but it isn't me. I'm only taking the guys out to play, then I'll put them back -- probably much happier.

Special thanks goes to Elaine and Nell for all the help, input, editing, and research that went into this story.

 

THE LION AND THE LAMB 2: THE HONEYMOON

By Alexis Rogers

 

Wednesday 25 March 1964
The Nelson Institute
Santa Barbara, California

As the last of *Seaview's* crew departed for a well-earned leave, a NIMR security team arrived to take charge of the ship. Lee met them in the control room and detailed work assignments, then gratefully turned to the Admiral, who was standing by the ladder with their bags.

"Ready, Admiral?" Lee asked formally.

"Yes, Captain Crane. I appreciate you dropping me off on your way," Harry said and winked an eye that the other two men could not see. He continued, "Lieutenant Kelly, she's all yours for the next seven days. Guard her well."

"Aye, sirs, don't worry about a thing. My team'll keep a sharp lookout for any trouble. She's safe with us. Enjoy your leave."

Lee was excited, but frustrated as he and the Admiral walked from the submarine to a waiting car that would take them to the Institute's main building. He could not wait to be alone with Harry. He could not even whisper to Harry without the driver hearing every word.

By the time their car pulled up in front of the building, Lee was overwhelmed by the size of the grounds and the confusing number of buildings that Harry and the driver had pointed out. He had a million questions about the Institute and Harry's business, and Lee looked forward to a complete tour, but *after* the honeymoon. Next week was soon enough for all that. This was Harry's life and Lee was awed that he now had a place in it.

"Mr. Williams," the Admiral said to the driver, "will you bring the briefcase to my office? Leave the other bags in the car. I'll make arrangements for them later."

"Yes, sir," replied Williams.

"Captain Crane, will you come with me?"

"Yes, sir," replied Lee as he followed the Admiral into the building. As they walked, the Admiral retrieved a badge from his pants pocket and clipped it to his shirt.

In the lobby was a security desk manned by several uniformed security personnel. A small waterfall splashed into a pool filled with Japanese Koi, and the large open space contained enough plants to fill a tropical forest. Harry led the way to the massive marble desk and announced his visitor's name. One of the guards handed Lee a clipboard and pen, and requested his identification. Lee completed the appropriate blanks as Harry and Mr. Williams waited patiently. When Lee handed the clipboard back to the guard, the man returned his credentials along with a red plastic clip-on badge that announced "VISITOR".

"You must wear that prominently displayed, sir, and be accompanied at all times until you get your permanent badge," the young guard recited. "Thank you, Hauptman, I'll explain the rules to my Captain," the Admiral said as Lee clipped on the badge. They turned and crossed the lobby, where Nelson used a key to operate the elevator.

On the top floor of the five story building, the elevator opened onto a large reception area, where another security agent sat behind a complicated array of electronic gear that seemed even more comprehensive than the set-up in the lobby.

"Welcome home, Admiral. May I say it's a pleasure to see you return after this trip," said a man who walked out from behind the station.

"It's good to be home, Mr. Riley." The Admiral turned to Lee. "Captain Crane, this is Brian Riley, head of security for the Institute. Mr. Riley, did you complete the security clearance for Captain Crane?"

"Yes, sir. Only two things still remain to be done. We need to take his photo for his badge, and then as soon as his schedule permits, he'll need to go through the company security briefing. With his Navy background and knowledge of procedures, that briefing shouldn't take very long," answered Mr. Riley.

"Fine. I'll send him down to have his picture taken shortly. The briefing will have to wait a week. I've authorized shore leave for *Seaview's* crew, including the Captain. I'll have Angie give you the reports as soon as she's made the necessary copies."

"Yes, sir. Please remember, sir, the Captain'll need an escort until his security review is complete."

"Yes. Thank you, Mr. Riley," the Admiral concluded and gestured for Lee to follow him past the security station and through double glass doors. An attractive woman rose from behind a desk, smiling, when the men entered the room. "Welcome home, Admiral."

"Thank you, Angie, it's good to be home. Mr. Williams, that bag is for Angie." the Admiral said.

"Yes, sir." He sat the bag next to the desk. "I'll be downstairs when you need me, sir." He left.

"Captain Crane, may I present Angela Davis, the most indispensable member of my land staff. Angie, Lee Crane."

Lee smiled. So many things he had to learn about the Admiral. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Same here, Captain." She returned his smile.

"Angie, I'm going to take a few days off, show the Captain around, get him settled in. How quickly can you get me out of here today?"

"Sir?" Surprise was clear on her face. "You're going to take a few days off?"

"I thought I might. Is that a problem?"

"No, sir. Just a little unusual." She paused for a moment. "Nothing I can't handle. If you don't mind, I'll need a few minutes to rearrange the schedule I'd prepared and bring the new one to your office."

"Fine. If you can fix it, I'd like to take a week. If that's not possible, schedule the most important things and we'll work out the rest. Process all the documents in the briefcase, security's waiting for the personnel reports." He thought for a moment. "Oh, and please send Commander Morton and his wife flowers. Lee, what would you suggest?"

Caught off guard by the question, Lee offered, "Roses, I think. Yes, she likes yellow roses."

"Fine," the Admiral said, "Angie, send the Mortons a large bouquet of yellow roses."

"Any reason, sir? A card?" She made notes on a steno pad.

"Just sign the card *Thank you* from the Captain and myself." He walked to a set of double doors to the right of Angie's desk, "Captain?"

"Oh, yes, sir." Lee followed the Admiral into a large rectangular room, this one clearly Harry's office. It was paneled in dark wood, one wall lined with book shelves, and another lined with various electronic gear, including a computer console. But it was the west wall that captured Lee's attention. An expanse of unadorned glass offered a majestic view of the Pacific Ocean. He could see for miles. He was amazed at the size of Harry's world. "Admiral, I had no idea."

Lee was impressed with the way the Admiral had arranged this wonderful room. The large old beautiful desk sat near the window wall, so that the person sitting behind it could simply swivel his chair around to appreciate the breathtaking view. A conference table and eight chairs took up much of the space in the center of the room and Lee noticed dozens of personal items from the Admiral's illustrious career and objects he had collected all over the world scattered around on the shelves. Lee had never seen such an impressive office. He turned to give Harry his compliments when he noticed the fourth wall for the first time.

"Harry, my God, that's beautiful," Lee breathed.

The Admiral smiled. "Yes, it is, isn't it?"

The fourth wall, which was opposite the windows, was taken up with a large stone fireplace, with a wide hearth raised enough to sit on, a tall wide mantel containing many more of Harry's treasures, and more bookshelves filling up the spaces on either side. But it was the large oil painting hanging above the mantel that dominated the room.

Lee walked over to stand in front of it, gazing upward. Harry came to stand beside him.

The painting was a full figure view of a young John Kennedy in a tattered navel uniform standing on an old dock, with boats of all sizes and shapes in the background. His hair was blowing gently and the sun was shining on his face. Kennedy's expression was vibrant and excited and he looked totally at home and in command of his surroundings. He almost looked alive. "Where'd you find that, Harry. It's magnificent. I've never seen anything quite like it." Lee was fascinated.

"I had it painted from a small photograph I took many years ago. It reminds me that there's hope in the world. We just have to find it." He turned and kissed Lee. "So, what do you think about my world?" He swept his arm in a wide circle. "I'm overwhelmed, to say the least. I've so much to learn, it seems. I had no idea NIMR was so large. I just never thought about it much, except for *Seaview*."

"Oh, we do much more here than just keep up with *Seaview*. Much more. But you'll be given plenty of time to learn everything. Everything about NIMR is classified, need to know. And I must insist that you follow all security procedures or I'll have to bail you out of the brig. Because of John Phillips' death, my security people are angry and paranoid and they don't know you, yet."

"Yes, sir, I understand. Are you sure we're going to get out of here tonight?" Lee was doubtful.

"I have every faith in Angie. We should have at least a week to get you settled in. Eventually, I want you to have an office on this floor, but it's not ready. I do talk to Angie frequently from *Seaview*, but I didn't mention taking time off. I didn't want to alert anyone to a change in my routine."

"Yes, sir."

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." When Angie had closed the door behind her, the Admiral continued. "Have the Captain's personal items arrived, Angie?"

"Yes, sir. I had them held in shipping, except his suitcases, which I had sent to the hotel. He's expected anytime this evening. Mr. Riley was very upset by your choice of hotels. He said it was too far away for him to properly protect you."

"I'll discuss it with Mr. Riley, but I want it understood that I intend to show the Commander around the area."

"Just as long as you're careful, Admiral."

"Fine. Let's get Commander Crane processed by security so I can release him."

She picked up the phone and dialed.

"Commander," said the Admiral, "by the time you've finished having your picture taken, I should be through here." He glanced at his watch. "Cocktails at seven?" There was a gleam in his blue eyes.

"Yes, sir," was all Lee could manage around a vision of *cock tails*.

"Mr. Riley said he'd be here in a moment to collect the Commander, Admiral."

~~*~~*~~

When the ID badge had been completed and clipped to his shirt pocket, Lee asked, "Mr. Riley, will you check with the Admiral and see what he wants me to do next?"

"Certainly, sir," and he walked away to make the call.

Lee had been totally unaware of the size of the Institute and felt unprepared for the complexity of the Admiral's life. He had never dreamed that Harry had such responsibilities or ambitions. He promised himself he would work hard to be an asset, not a liability.

Mr. Riley returned and reported, "The Admiral requests that you meet him in front of the building, near the door where you entered. The Admiral also requested that I escort you. He said he didn't want you to get lost." Riley smiled. "He actually said that I was not to misplace his new captain." He paused, then continued, "Sir, I must ask you to be extremely careful."

"Certainly, Mr. Riley. I will protect the Admiral."

"I'm not comfortable with you staying off the grounds and now the Admiral tells me he's accompanying you. Could you persuade him to stay here?"

Lee took a deep breath. "Mr. Riley, Admiral Nelson has been under enormous stress and I think he needs a few days off. I promise you I'll guard him with my life."

"Then I could have two dead officers...".

"I do not plan to die or allow anything to happen to Admiral Nelson."

"I got the same argument from him." Riley smiled. "We're finished here."

Lee returned the smile. "The Admiral's a complicated man." Then he frowned. "You cleared me through security awfully fast, didn't you?"

"You were active Navy, sir, a month was plenty of time."

"A month? I don't understand."

"Sir, the Admiral began security procedures before you stepped a foot on his submarine. He ordered it to be done by the end of the mission," Riley said.

"That sneaky son of a...", Lee mumbled.

"Excuse me, sir, I didn't catch that," Riley replied.

"Nothing, Mr. Riley, nothing, it's just that the Admiral continues to surprise me."

"Have you known him long, sir?"

"He was one of my professors at the Academy and he was in command of the *Nautilus* when I was first assigned to her. We've kept in touch over the years, but I had no idea his facility was this expansive." It was overwhelming that Harry wanted him here. "I look forward to being a part of this operation."

"Yes, sir, shall we go? Oh yes, Admiral Nelson said there was an envelope for you at the security desk in the lobby." Riley held the door as they left the room. Using a key to open and operate the elevator, Riley said, "I understand the Admiral extended shore leave to most of *Seaview's* crew, including you, which helps us."

"I don't understand. Helps you do what?"

"Sorry, Commander, but your office isn't ready. The Admiral didn't issue those orders until later and then he changed his mind several times about where he wanted to put you. And you'll need briefing and a complete tour before you can even find your way around the grounds. A week or so will give me time to get everything ready. But don't worry, I'll get you up to speed, as per the Admiral's orders."

"He's certainly been busy since we docked," Lee commented.

"Sir?"

"Hasn't the Admiral issued all these orders since we docked?"

"No, sir. Admiral Nelson is rarely out of contact with the Institute. Unless he's under radio silence, he runs this place from his office on *Seaview*. But, sir, the death of Captain Phillips was a major loss for the Admiral and the Institute. None of us knew how he was going to cope or who was going to replace the Captain. If you'll pardon me for saying so, I think he has more plans for you than just captain of his pet project."

Lee fingered his new ring and hoped so. "I'll do my best not to disappoint him."

"Yes, sir," Riley said as the elevator deposited the two men in the lobby. "Commander, even if you're in uniform, the badge should be visible. When we do your security briefing I can go into all the many reasons why it's necessary, but in a nutshell that badge instantly identifies anyone who *doesn't* belong here. If you ever see anyone walking around this installation without a badge, you should grab him quick and call a guard. These are all Defense Department rules and the Admiral insists we follow them to the letter."

"Is that all?"

"Commander, a month ago we lost several valuable members of this team. I take that as personally as Admiral Nelson does. We're not going to lose another man and I'm damn sure not going to misplace the Admiral's new captain." He laughed and retrieved a small envelope from the guard in the lobby. "So Commander, when you think security is driving you nuts, please remember I'll be the one who has to explain to the Admiral if anything happens to you."

"Has he installed a plank anywhere on the grounds?"

"No, but I did hear mention of a yard-arm." Riley laughed. "Have you already had this lecture from Admiral Nelson?"

"More than once, Mr. Riley." Lee took the envelope Riley offered. It felt like keys, so he opened it. They were his *car keys*. "You said the Admiral wanted me to wait outside?"

"That's what he said." Riley held the door as Lee walked out. A red 1963 Corvette was parked in the space next to the Institute car that had transported Lee and Harry earlier.

"That's my car!"

"Yes, sir."

"But how?"

"Admiral Nelson requested that the Navy pack up your quarters and fly your personal belongings out here. His requests are generally taken seriously. I took the liberty of having your bags from *Seaview* placed in the trunk. And, sir, since you're not active military now, you'll need to register the car in California. Would you like my department to begin that process for you?"

"Mr. Riley, I'm so overwhelmed at this moment I don't think I can make any decisions. Can the State of California wait until my office is finished and I go to work before they start to pester me?"

"Yes, sir, I'm sorry, sir. It's just that Admiral Nelson took John Phillips' death very hard and we're all a little edgy. However, judging by the tone of his recent communications I'd say his mood has improved in the last couple of weeks. He seems really excited about your coming on board with us and if you're the reason for the bounce in his step today, you have my personal thanks." Riley gave the car an admiring glance. "The Admiral suggested that you would feel more at home if you had your own car while you settled in. And trust me, Commander, the Institute doesn't have any vehicles that compare to your Corvette."

"I'm afraid I'm a little spoiled, Mr. Riley. This car is one of my passions." He stroked the front fender and found the car to be spotlessly clean. "He thinks of everything, doesn't he?"

"A word of advice, sir, watch your speed. CHP keeps an eye out for red sports cars with out-of-state plates."

"CHP, Mr. Riley?"

"California Highway Patrol, sir."

"Of course, Mr. Riley. I promise to be a good boy." Lee laughed, filled with wonder, excitement, and anticipation.

When the Admiral came out of the building a few minutes later, it took every bit of Lee's military discipline not to pick him up, swing him around, and kiss him. Instead, he politely asked, "Did you have any problems with your schedule, sir?"

"No, Commander. Angie has cleared most everything for the next week and the things she didn't clear concern you, so I'll expect you to be at those meetings." He rolled his eyes in the direction of Mr. Riley, then said to Lee, "I'm going to place my life in your hands and see if you drive your car like you drive my submarine." The blue eyes were sparkling with laughter.

"I got you home in one piece, Admiral. And the job done."

"Yes, and you put a few dents and scratches in my submarine, Captain. And gave me a few new gray hairs." He chuckled. "Let's go, Lee, Mr. Riley has work to do."

"Again, it's good to have you home, Admiral. Welcome aboard, Commander." Riley tipped his hat and retreated inside the building.

Lee opened the passenger door for Harry. "*I* put a few dents in your submarine, sir? I saved your boat from serious damage aimed at your precious hide, sir, and this is the respect I get." He closed the door and walked around the car, happiness welling up inside of him until he thought he would burst out laughing. Inside the car, he gripped the wheel with both hands. "Harry, do you have any idea how badly I want to kiss you?"

The Admiral laid his hand on Lee's leg just inside the right thigh. "Patience, Lee, we still have to drive to the hotel. You're checked in, all you have to do is pick up the key and we can go to your private cottage."

"Sir, if you leave your hand there, I might be forced to speed recklessly through a town I don't know, and Mr. Riley will scold me for getting a ticket."

Harry stroked Lee's groin through the uniform material, "You *want* me to move my hand?"

"No sir, I want to fuck you right here in this car, but I seem to have no choice but to allow you to tease me into total madness while I drive us, at the posted speed limit, to the hotel. You really are a dirty old man."

"Do you know where the hotel is?"

"I haven't a clue," Lee answered as he backed the car out of the spot marked *Admiral Nelson*. "Do I always get to park in your spot?"

"Only until the one next to it says *Commander Crane*. Now drive. And if you'll follow my directions exactly, we'll be there soon." He squeezed the warm thigh.

{More orders, my love? Just wait until I get you behind closed doors.} Lee drove sedately through the grounds and out the front gate.

Wednesday 25 March 1964
The Honeymoon Suite
Santa Ysidro Ranch, California

The moment the door closed behind the bellboy, Lee turned to Harry, grabbed his shoulders, and pinned him to the back of the door. {Alone at last.} He slid his knee between Harry's legs, gently pressing against hardening flesh and rammed his tongue down Harry's throat. His lungs burning from lack of oxygen, Lee released Harry's mouth and pulled his shirt open, sending buttons flying. Lee grabbed Harry's arms and deliberately ripped the buttons from both sleeve cuffs. When Harry looked startled, Lee said, "You open your mouth unless I tell you to, you issue one order, one complaint, and I'm going to gag you, do you understand, you wonderful, lecherous, sexy old man?"

Harry opened his mouth, closed it, smiled and nodded. Fingering the dog tag that hung around his neck, Harry pulled Lee's mouth back down to his. Lee pushed at Harry's shirt and tore the sleeves getting it off. He tugged at the undershirt, then ripped it off, too. With Harry's chest bare, Lee sucked a nipple into his mouth, felt it harden, and cupped his hand around Harry's groin. Harry groaned and slumped against Lee, who lost his balance and took them both to the floor. In a tangle of legs, Harry landed on top. Harry took Lee's mouth in a passionate kiss before Lee could move, during which he felt insistent fingers unknotting his tie. When they came up for air long moments later, Lee was enchanted with the flushed look on his lover's face and the glaze of sexual excitement in Harry's eyes.

When Harry bent to kiss Lee again, Lee felt the tie being pulled from around his neck, but paid no attention as Harry worked Lee's hands above his head. Lee was surprised when Harry broke the kiss, grabbed his wrists and quickly secured them together with the tie, then fastened the tie to the leg of a nearby sofa.

"Damn it, Harry! What're you doing?" Lee struggled and tugged, which served to tighten the knots. "Untie me! Damn you!" he shouted. "I don't want to play this game tonight."

Nelson shook his head.

"Harry," Lee growled, but Harry covered the open mouth with his own. Harry unbuttoned Lee's shirt, carefully not ripping a single button while Lee twisted and pulled at his restraints.

"Harry," he jerked his shoulders, bucked his body and managed to move the sofa an inch or so. "Untie me!" Lee was angry. And turned on. He hated it when Harry took total control, but he loved the way it made him feel. Harry unbuckled Lee's belt, unbuttoned, unzipped, and pushed pants and briefs off Lee's hips and down his thighs, effectively trapping his legs. Lee's cock stood tall and proud. Harry wrapped his fingers around the shaft and slipped his mouth over the head.

Lee arched his back as fire engulfed him. "Harry," he screamed when Harry's icy hot mouth sent shivers of pleasure rolling over his body. Lee wished his hands were free, so he could roll Harry over and pin his body to the floor. Lee wanted to possess and control his lover, wanted to claim Harry's body, but Lee could not even think about freeing his hands when the life was being sucked out of him by Harry's incredible mouth.

Harry's hands massaged Lee's balls and rimmed the entrance to his body. Lee squirmed and cried, "Please, Harry! How long are you going to tease me?" Although Harry was silent, his eyes spoke volumes as he continued to manipulate Lee's body.

When Harry slipped a finger inside the tight opening, Lee erupted, moaning as he pumped into Harry's eager mouth.

As he sat up and faced Lee, Harry had cream dripping from the corners of his mouth. Harry placed a finger under Lee's chin and directed Lee's eyes to meet his. Wiping his finger around his mouth, Harry sucked the finger clean, a smug look of satisfaction on his face, then ran the finger around Lee's mouth, before slipping it in and out, encouraging Lee to suck on it.

Lee bit Harry's finger. "Damn it, Harry, untie me."

Shaking his head *no*, Harry sucked his injured finger. Then holding eye contact with Lee, he slipped the finger sensuously in and out of his own mouth.

"Harry, this isn't necessary. It's never necessary."

Standing over Lee, Harry kicked his shoes off, then dropped his pants and underwear to the floor and kicked them out of the way. Balancing over Lee's chest with his knees on the floor, Harry stroked his own cock and rubbed the wet tip over Lee's lips.

Lee turned his head to the side and shouted, "No! I won't be manipulate tonight. Put that thing in my mouth and I'll bite it, too." Harry smiled and ran his finger down Lee's cheek and across his lips. Lee snapped his teeth at the finger, but was inflamed by the unmistakable fragrance of his lover's passion. "Damn you!" he muttered, aware of his desire to suck Harry's cock. This was their wedding night and he wasn't going to fight for supremacy now, there would be time for that later. Lee snaked his tongue out to tease Harry's cock, tasting the salty liquid. Smiling, Harry offered himself to Lee. Balanced with his knees on the floor, Harry waited until Lee took his cock, then rocked back and forth until he established a comfortable rhythm.

Lee relaxed his throat and took all of Harry. His view of his lover from this angle was spectacular. The essence of Harry was his total focus: sight, touch, feel, smell, and the tiny sounds Harry made as he reached the point of orgasm. Harry's cream was warm and smooth as it gushed into Lee's mouth and down his throat. He savored every drop. If he were careful, he could keep the taste of Harry in his mouth for hours, remembering the feel and taste of him as long as possible.

Harry stretched out beside Lee on the floor and turned him to be kissed. Lee loved the taste of both of them in his mouth. "Old man, I love you. Please untie me now."

Still not speaking, Harry pushed the open shirt aside to run his fingers around Lee's nipples. Lee was exasperated. "Damn it, Harry, talk to me. I miss the sound of your voice."

"You ordered me to be silent, remember? I had to wait for permission to speak, Captain. And now that you work for me, I'll deduct the price of all my ruined clothes from your pay check."

Lee chuckled. "I want to see you explain to payroll why I owe you a complete change of clothes."

"I'm the Admiral, remember, the one who doesn't have to explain orders." He laughed as he reached to undo Lee from the bondage. "This wasn't exactly what I had planned for tonight, but sometimes you're just too hot for your own good."

"Admiral, sir, we haven't made love in a week, and after asking me not to tease you today, you've been teasing me for hours. What'd you expect me to do?"

"I expected you to be adult enough to be able to control yourself until we were in bed."

"Sorry, but I couldn't wait. I don't feel like an adult today, Harry. I'm so happy, I'm giddy."

Harry stood and held out a hand to help Lee to his feet. "Do you think you could maybe make it to the bedroom, now that you've made a mess in the living room?"

"I'm half in and half out of my clothes and you're only wearing socks. Should I get dressed or undressed?"

"Undressed is good, just don't trip on your pants." Harry caressed the bare bottom as he helped Lee stand. Lee let his pants and shorts drop and stepped out of them, but did not bother taking his shirt off.

As they reached the bedroom door, Lee's breath caught in his throat.Inside were flowers, bouquets and bouquets of white flowers -- roses, lilies, carnations, daisies, orchids, all white, in baskets of deep green foliage. White candles in brass holders were scattered around the room, waiting to be lit. Champagne was iced in a large silver bucket, with glasses, standing next to the bed.

Harry walked around him and hit a button which filled the room with the sound of violins. "Thirty more seconds and we could've had this big wonderful bed instead of the living room floor." He took matches from the bedside table and began to light the candles.

Lee watched as Harry moved around the bed, a massive four poster of dark wood that seemed a testament to masculinity. Surrounding three sides of the bed was a step up, where Harry placed several candles. A large mahogany headboard was carved with geometric designs. The footboard matched, but was only half as high, allowing a bed's eye view of the dark stone fireplace. Curtains, matching the blue and gold brocade spread, were tied to each of the tall posts, granting the illusion of privacy from the rest of the world. As Harry finished with the candles, Lee announced, "We're not done yet, not by a long shot. It's our wedding night and I intend to set a new world record." He grabbed Harry in a tight embrace and waltzed him around in tight circles. "I love you and sometimes I just can't wait to show you how much. Especially when you haven't let me touch you in a week. You were so busy, I hardly even saw you."

"Well, my dear Captain, after the honeymoon, the next time I'm too busy to see you, you'll understand why because you'll be busy right beside me." He dropped a kiss on Lee's mouth. "Are you hungry? We could go out for dinner, but I don't think I can trust you in public tonight, so how about room service? You won't even have to put your pants back on."

"A shower first. Together. Then we can eat dinner. But first open the champagne."

Harry handed Lee two glasses to hold, then worked the cork out of the bottle. He filled the glasses, then took one and raised it. "To us, and the wonderful life we're going to have together."

Lee touched his glass to Harry's, and repeated, "To us. May our hearts always be as full of love as they are at this moment." As Lee drank, he lost himself in the brilliant blue of Harry's eyes.

When his glass was empty, Lee sat it down and moved over to sit on the bed. He bounced a few times and smiled at his lover. "I can hardly wait to get you in this gorgeous bed, Harry. All that rolling around on the floor when we first came in was just an appetizer compared to what's still to come." He wiggled his eyebrows as lasciviously as he knew how, making Harry laugh. Lee stood and headed for the bathroom door. "So, shower first, then food, then bed. Okay?"

"Sounds like a plan to me," Harry said, "I'll call room service and request delivery in about an hour."

As he reached the door to the bathroom, Lee gasped and turned back to look at his lover. "Harry, this is beautiful," he whispered, stepping into the room. It was the largest bathroom he had ever seen, and the most sumptuously appointed, with its huge tub, separate large shower stall, bidet, towel warming racks, twin toilets, gold fixtures, and dramatic black and white tile.

When Lee felt Harry enter behind him, Lee turned and embraced him, then asked, "How can the Institute justify the expense of a fabulous suite like this for a sub captain? I mean, our own little separate building. This place must be costing a fortune." He stared at the large tub. It was surrounded on three sides by dozens of white candles, and another small basket of white flowers.

"Well, actually, this is the suite that the Institute uses when we really want impress somebody. You know, like important government types or sub-contractors that need to be convinced to do a good job on time and on budget. My motives are decidedly more personal for your stay here, but I definitely wanted to impress you. And from the look on your face, I think I've succeeded."

"Harry, I hardly know what to say. Everything is so beautiful, and all the little personal touches -- the candles, the flowers, the music, and God knows what else. You're an incurable romantic! Nobody ever did anything like this for me before."

"Nobody's ever loved you like I do." Harry's arms tightened around Lee as their lips met.

Lee clung to Harry until they both needed air. "Harry," Lee murmured stroking the beloved face, "I thought we came in here to take a shower."

"Well, laddie, the shower's over there in the corner, if you really prefer to use it, but I thought that you might enjoy the tub with me. It's big enough for both of us." Lee saw the twinkle in his lover's eyes. "Harry, I can't think of anything that'd please me more at this moment. It looks like you've thought of everything. I even see bath oil over there."

"And bubbles, Lee. We have to have bubbles." Harry chuckled, and leaned over to start the water running. From a pair of cut-glass decanters, he poured a generous portion of bath oil from one and a small mountain of bubble bath crystals from the other.

Lee sniffed the fragrant air. "Harry, that smells wonderful. I'll bet it's going to feel good, too. Hey, where're you going?"

"Just a minute, just a minute. I need to get something to light the candles with."

He was back in a moment, and handed Lee some matches. They started at opposite ends of the tub, lighting the array of white candles in all shapes and sizes. By the time all the candles were lit, the tub was full. "Now, my eager young bridegroom, let's get the rest of your clothes off."

"Help me?" Lee held out his arms so Harry could slide the shirt off while Lee stepped out of his shoes. Harry turned Lee, kissed him thoroughly, then leaned down and removed Lee's socks.

"Be careful getting in. I wouldn't want you slipping in the oily water." Harry tossed his own socks on the pile of Lee's things.

Settling at one end of the tub, Lee waited until Harry was seated before he slid his legs inside Harry's. "This is heaven, Harry. The water is so silky." He rubbed his right foot up and down Harry's left leg. "I could get real used to this. It beats three minute showers all to hell."

Harry chuckled. "Maybe we'll have a large tub installed in the penthouse we'll build at the Institute. This isn't really all that much bigger than a standard tub, just a little longer and wider. Of course, if we had one of these, we'd end up looking like prunes every day when we went to work."

"You may be right," Lee laughed, "but I think it'd be great anyway. Hey, what's that?" His toes were exploring, and encountered Harry's semi-erection.

"You're a smart boy, what's it feel like?" Harry's voice was slightly husky. Under the water, he pulled Lee's foot tighter against his crotch. "I know what it feels like, but maybe I better take a closer look, just to be sure." Lee gently pulled his foot back and twisted around in the tub until he was on his belly, underwater. He stroked the silky skin on Harry's inner thighs and buried his face in Harry's crotch. Keeping his eyes closed, he tasted Harry through the bubbly water, feeling his lover squirm under him. He nuzzled Harry's balls, then engulfed his cock. Harry grabbed Lee's hair and pulled him up, just as his oxygen ran out.

"What're you doing? You're going to drown if you keep that up."

Gasping for air, Lee leered, "I'm keeping it up all right. I was trying to see how long I could hold my breath and make love to you at the same time!" He sat up and turned around so that he was leaning back against Harry, with his butt against Harry's cock. Harry's arms snaked around Lee in a tight hug. "You're crazy, but I still love you," Harry laughed into Lee's ear. "I can't have you drowning on our honeymoon. It'd be difficult enough to explain to Chip, but my God, how would I *ever* explain it to Charlie and Lloyd?"

"Yes, sir, Admiral, sir," Lee chuckled, "I agree not to drown. Besides, I plan on making love to you and especially having you make love to me for at least a hundred more years. So, drowning is definitely out." He scooted back a little closer to Harry, laying his head on Harry's shoulder, and felt the full erection. "Shall I do something about that thing that's poking me in the back?"

Harry's arms tightened around Lee's chest, and he kissed the ear nearest his mouth. Then his hands massaged Lee's chest and stomach, before dropping to Lee's groin. Lee enjoyed long minutes of being caressed and stroked before Harry whispered in his ear. "I think I'll impale you right where you are. Mustn't let all this silky water go to waste."

"Okay," Lee gasped and shivered.

"If you'll just slide forward a tiny bit...right there, don't go too far," Harry murmured as his right hand slid down between their bodies to prepare the entrance to Lee's body. Harry slid one finger in and out several times, then inserted a second and quickly a third finger, as Lee's breathing started to quicken. "Okay, now raise up just a bit, yes, right there, and slide back to me again." Harry guided Lee's body, and easily slid his engorged cock into Lee.

"God, Harry, that feels so good," Lee croaked.

"It gets better, my love," Harry promised, as he reached around to grasp Lee's erection. Harry stroked Lee in time with his own thrusts in and out, in and out.

The passage of time and the world outside ceased to exist as sensations became too intense to last for long. Lee stiffened. "Harry," he screamed and squirted hot cream into Harry's hand. Moments later he felt Harry's body tense around him, then felt the spasms as Harry climaxed.

Still holding on tight to Lee's body, Harry slumped against the end of the tub and groaned.

"Harry? Are you all right back there?"

His answer was another groan.

"Harry? Admiral?" Lee sat up, sliding around so that he was facing his lover. Harry looked as limp as a dishrag.

Lee leaned forward and kissed Harry's mouth, then stood carefully and stepped out of the tub. He grabbed one of the huge, fluffy, white towels stacked neatly next to the tub and began to dry himself off. "Harry? Come on, it's time to get out. The water's getting cool and we're getting pruney."

"I can't move," Harry moaned, eyes closed. He opened them finally and looked up at Lee. "You're incredible. I may never walk again after that."

Lee laughed. "Oh yes, you will. This honeymoon has only begun. We haven't even made love on the bed yet. Come on, room service will be here soon and we can build up your strength again. I know you -- you'll be a raging bull again in no time."

Harry pulled the knob to let the water out of the tub and slowly stood. He let Lee steady him as he stepped out of the tub and picked up a towel. Lee started drying Harry's chest and couldn't resist kissing him again. "You're a fantastic kisser, have I mentioned that lately?"

"Yeah, well, you're not so bad yourself. Here, dry my back." He turned around so Lee could reach all the wet spots. Lee dried his lover's back and down both legs, and stepped around Harry with the clear intention of drying Harry's cock. Harry shook his head and stepped backward out of his reach. "I better dry that myself, laddie. If I let you at the little Admiral again, we'll never get out of this bathroom. I'm an old man, remember? I want something to eat and then I want to collapse on that gorgeous bed." He dropped the towel and started blowing out candles.

Lee sighed. "Okay, love, you win. I'll keep my hands to myself until you've had your strength restored. But not a second longer."

He walked naked to the corner of the bedroom where their bags stood waiting to be unpacked. After a few minutes of searching, he slipped on one of his most prized treasures -- a bright green silk robe that had been a gift from Harry. The material felt almost as wonderful against his skin as Harry's hands. He smiled, remembering how delighted he'd been when Harry had given it to him following a trip to Japan. It was the first real gift Harry had ever given him, when their relationship was still new.

A knock on the door was followed by a muffled "Room service."

"Lee, will you get that?" Harry called from the bathroom. "Just charge it to the suite."

"Yes, sir," Lee replied as he walked to the living room and opened the door.

The waiter wheeled in a fully loaded cart. "Would you like me to set up, sir?"

"No, that's fine, we'll manage." Lee signed the check.

"What about the champagne? Shall I open that, sir?"

Lee remembered that the open bottle in the bedroom was almost empty. "Yes, please do." He searched for his pants so he could tip with cash.

As the door clicked shut behind the waiter, Harry entered the room dressed in a plush white bathrobe provided by the hotel and looked at Lee with approval. "You know I love you in that color. It lights a fire in your eyes. Makes them stormy sea green."

"Is that why you buy me so many clothes? Just to see me in them before you rip them off?"

"Left to your own, you think the only way to get my attention is with skin-tight pants."

"They work every time," Lee lowered his eyes and smiled.

"But they're a bitch to get off. Unlike that robe, which makes you sexy and alluring, and slips off easily." Harry lifted the lids of the various bowls and platters on the room service table. "Shall we eat in bed?"

"Yes, please. Why don't you go get rid of the bedspread while I push this cart in there. Then we can pile all these dishes between us."

"Good idea," Harry agreed, turning back to the bedroom.

Lee maneuvered the cart carefully around the living room furniture and through the bedroom door. He did not want to spill anything, especially the freshly opened bottle of champagne perched in its bucket.

As he pushed the cart slowly into the bedroom, Lee's breath caught at the sight of Harry drawing the heavy spread down to reveal royal blue sheets. {Harry's going to be so fucking beautiful naked against that blue. Is this how he feels when he sees me in green silk?}

Harry dropped the spread on the floor at the foot of the bed, then turned and smiled. "Here, let me give you a hand." He guided the cart to a convenient spot. "Help me pile these dishes in the middle, gently, so we don't spill anything." Harry began placing dishes on the bed.

"Ah, yes, sir." Lee lifted the lid from a plate and was delighted to find large, fresh strawberries surrounding a bowl of whipped cream. He dipped his finger into the stuff and smiled at the sweet taste. He carried the plate to the bed and gently placed it among the others containing a variety of fruit, cheese, crackers, and sliced meat. "Did you leave your glass in the bathroom?"

"Ummm, I think so. Wait, we don't have to use dirty glasses. This is a fully stocked cottage, sort of like an apartment. There's a kitchen on the other side of the living room, with a small breakfast nook. If you can keep your hands off me for five consecutive minutes, you'll have to check this place out." Harry popped a piece of cheese in Lee's mouth.

Lee laughed. "This place is beautiful, Harry, but don't expect me to show much interest in it today. Right now, I only have eyes for you."

"Only eyes?" Harry stroked Lee's face, suddenly serious.

"You know better. All that I am is yours." Lee kissed Harry until they were both breathless. Overcome by his emotions, Lee felt the sudden sting of tears. This was the most perfect night of his life and he wanted it to last forever.

When they had both regained their breath, Lee said, "Fresh glasses. I'll go get them."

"No, let me. I already know where they are. Back in a second." Harry padded to the other room.

By the time Harry returned carrying clean glasses, Lee was settled comfortably on the bed with his back supported by a stack of pillows leaning against the headboard. Harry placed the glasses in a bowl of ice to chill. "This looks wonderful," Lee said and reached for a strawberry and dipped it in the cream. He held it until Harry was carefully settled, then offered it to him. "Start with this." Lee smeared the cream across Harry's lips before popping it in his lover's mouth. When Harry bit into the berry, red juice dripped down his chin. Lee leaned forward and licked Harry's chin, then his lips before kissing Harry.

"Hmmmm, you taste nice with strawberries and cream," Harry mumbled into Lee's mouth.

"You, too." Lee leaned forward over the food dishes. "What other goodies did you order?" He lifted a silver lid and found a plate of oysters on the half shell sitting in ice. "Did you order these because you know how much I like them or did you have some other purpose in mind?"

Harry selected an oyster and held it to Lee's lips. "There is no proof that oysters are aphrodisiacs, and even if they were, my hot blooded young stud, you wouldn't need them."

Enjoying the taste and feel of the oyster sliding down his throat, Lee said, "Just being close to you turns me on so much I don't ever want to let you out of bed." He pulled the glasses from the bowl of ice and held them for Harry to fill. "Don't Californians drink real champagne?"

"This *is* real champagne from grapes grown in California. I started drinking it when I was at Stanford. These people are very fussy about their wine and finding French wine is difficult. Trust me, the natives produce high quality wines. And I notice you didn't have any trouble drinking the first bottle."

"I was thirsty. Sex with you always makes me thirsty. Maybe because you drain me dry." He touched his glass to Harry's and drank, then selected a piece of pineapple and offered it to Harry. "Do you remember several days ago on board *Seaview* when you said that you'd try not to have too many secrets between us?"

"Yes, and I meant it."

"Well, do you realize you've kept the enormity of the Institute a secret from me? Until this afternoon, I'd no idea it was any more than a berthing place for *Seaview*, and now I see you have a complex business operation about which I know nothing. How many more secrets are there for me to stumble over?"

"Lee, you know that NIMR handles complicated and very secret government projects. I explained it was a need to know situation."

"You keep catching me off guard and I feel like Alice in Wonderland. I've discovered how much we can love each other and now I find out that there's a whole world you inhabit that I knew nothing about." Lee scooped cream onto his finger and slipped it into Harry's mouth.

Harry sucked Lee's finger clean, then responded, "When you accepted the position as Captain of *Seaview* --"

"You mean after I begged you to let me stay?"

"Okay, after you *begged* me to let you stay on my boat, I still had to decide what role I could offer you in my business and what duties you'd accept when we were docked."

"What do you mean? I thought my duties were to captain your prized submarine."

"They are. And when we're at sea, your duties are clearly defined. But I need to find a position for you at the Institute, as well. Didn't you realize that every single crewman on *Seaview* has a job at NIMR, too? Each man is a specialist at something I need at sea, as well as on shore. Besides, I have to keep them busy because we're not at sea all the time."

Confused and uncertain, Lee searched Harry's eyes. "There, see? You've done it again, Harry. Something else I didn't know about."

Harry stroked Lee's face. "What's confusing about that? Surely you didn't expect to be at sea constantly."

Lee shrugged his shoulders. "I just never thought about any of it before. I'm so used to how the Navy works." He smiled. "I'll try not to be surprised at anything else I learn about NIMR, okay? So, tell me more about the Institute and what you have in mind for me to do when I'm not serving you in bed."

"Well, the Institute has a wide variety of departments including marine biology and a large R&D for marine engineering. I've been lucky to lure a number of top men to work for me here. Chip Morton has strong engineering skills and I've sent him back to school at the University of California here to increase those skills."

"Chip didn't tell me anything about this operation either."

"That's because he's as highly trained as you are. None of us discuss classified information with people who are not cleared to know." Harry offered Lee another oyster.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"I've given that a lot of thought over the last week. Where best to use you? Your Academy training prepared you for a good Naval career, but your courses at the National Defense University have given you the computer skills I value highly. After all, the use of computers on vessels like *Seaview* is going to increase every day and I need someone like you to keep up with the current technology. Also, there's the business end of the Institute, which requires the same type of administrative duties as running a ship or a fleet. Logistics are as important on land as at sea."

"Who runs the company?"

"I have final say over everything, of course. But I have people who handle the everyday affairs. My controller, a man named George Shanks, handles the money. Sees that the bills are paid. Things like that."

"So where did the Institute come from? I mean, it must have taken a lot of money to build it. More than three star admirals make, Harry."

"Dreams, laddie, it all started with a dream. In this case, it was Jack Kennedy. He was in the Senate when I went to teach at the Academy after Hawaii..."

. "You mean, after you seduced me in that sleazy bar."

"It wasn't sleazy."

"It's okay, Harry." Lee leaned over and kissed him. "We've dealt with it. I can tease you about it now."

Stroking Lee's face, Harry said, "I suppose."

"Jack Kennedy? Dreams? You were saying."

"Jack already had his eye on the White House. His father had plans to put one of his boys in charge of this country, and after Joe died, it was up to Jack." Harry smiled. "After I left you in Hawaii, Jack sent for me in Washington before I even had time to unpack."

"You mean he followed your career that closely?"

"Don't you know he served under me in the Solomons?"

"Under you, Harry?" Lee ran his hand across Harry's groin, teasing him through the robe. "Under you?"

Harry blushed bright red. "You know perfectly well that's a routine Navy term."

"I also know I serve under you every chance I get."

"Captain, you're incorrigible."

"Yes, sir, I am. And I had no idea you commanded the President during the war. I wish I had a nickel every time I learn something about you I didn't know."

"Lee, I told you before, I'm a lot older than you and I've had more life experiences. I'm not intentionally keeping secrets, there just hasn't been a reason to discuss some of these things before now."

"So tell me." Lee slipped a grape between Harry's lips.

"Tell you what? About the Institute? About Jack Kennedy?"

"Both. All of it. Apparently, the Institute came about because of something you shared with Mr. Kennedy at some point."

Harry sipped champagne, then began, "He was very special. You could spot it a mile away, like some kind of aura that surrounded him. I wasn't much older than he was, but I already had rank and education and I felt much older. He was a hot shot adrenaline-junkie, reckless with his life, and with other men's lives. There were times when I wanted to take him over my knee." He drank from his glass again.

"Harry," Lee whispered, looking in Harry's bright blue eyes, "you were in love with him."

Looking down, Harry mumbled something Lee couldn't hear. He lifted Harry's chin with his finger. "Look at me. Tell me."

Harry's face flushed bright red. "I've never admitted that to anyone. I'm not even sure when I admitted it to myself."

"Did he know?"

"Oh, God, no!" He downed the last of his champagne and held the glass out for Lee to refill. "Johnny boy liked the ladies, all the ladies, and sometimes more than one at a time. I had to watch him all the time just to keep him out of trouble."

"Were you jealous, seeing him with so many women? How did it make you feel, Harry?"

"Actually, I didn't care how many women he had, so long as he didn't get caught at it. I felt I had to help protect his public image. No, I wasn't jealous of them. He was unattainable to me and I accepted that. He would have been shocked and disgusted if he'd known what I was thinking."

"Did you ever share the women with him, Harry?" But the vision in his mind was of the President and Harry entwined.

Harry sighed and flushed pink, indicating to Lee that he had struck a nerve. Harry fidgeted and finally met Lee's eyes. "Yes," he admitted. "Jack liked to party. He liked to surround himself with a few close friends in addition to the ladies. There'd be talking and drinking and dancing, and sometimes a late swim or sailing, then couples would pair off. It would've looked odd if I hadn't joined in and selected a companion for the night. It was expected."

Lee squeezed Harry's hand. "It's okay, I'm not jealous. Did you enjoy yourself?"

Harry smiled and reached over to pop a piece of cheese in Lee's mouth, then stroked his face. "It was a way to relieve sexual tension, sort of one step up from masturbation. But the experiences were meaningless, and I never saw any of the women more than once." He paused. "The other part of it was the sly looks and back slapping the next morning. I know the girls traded stories, too, so that helped build my cover and keep my true feelings from Jack. My *dates* could always report that I had performed adequately. I had to be discreet because I never wanted Jack to know how I really felt about him."

"That must've been difficult for you."

"I learned to hide my needs and my feelings early in life, but I couldn't help the longing I felt in my heart. We had a unique relationship, particularly after he started his political career. He trusted me and I wasn't about to do anything to jeopardize that. During my time in Washington and the Academy, I learned Jack had gone to Chester Nimitz in order to keep me from resigning after I left Pearl in fifty-four."

"But Admiral Nimitz was retired by then."

"Laddie, old admirals never retire. Nimitz was part of Jack's advisory staff. And he didn't leave when Jack died. He told me that he knew Jack would have wanted him to stay. Nimitz had a lot of power. So I stayed."

"No wonder the President's death was so hard on you."

"Lee, I'd been in love with you for a long time by then. Without you, Jack's death might have destroyed me. He was a lot more to me than just a man I had the hots for."

"I know, Harry. His death was hard on almost everyone in this country, but for those of you who knew him personally, it must have been impossible."

"We were going to change the world. He believed that and made us believe it, too. And I'll never accept the notion that some crazy lunatic in Dallas, acting alone, killed him. Mark my words, Lee, Jack was murdered and one of these days we're going to know who and why." Anger flashed in blue eyes.

"Harry," Lee gently stroked Harry's face, "can we go back to before the President died? Tell me about your dreams." Lee fed Harry another strawberry loaded with cream.

"I can't talk if you keep stuffing things in my mouth," Harry said around Lee's fingers, which were covered in red juice.

"I don't want anger or sadness tonight. We'll talk about Mr. Kennedy's death another time. Tonight, I want to hear about happy times. Okay?"

Pulling the chain out from beneath his robe, Harry nodded and caressed the charm.

"I love you, old man, and I'd take all your pain away if I could." Lee touched his lips to Harry's.

"I know, laddie." He took a deep breath, then sipped more champagne. "Jack wanted to be President. In the beginning, maybe it had been his father's idea, or maybe he'd been haunted by his brother's ghost, but by 1954 Jack wanted to be President. The ambition drove him. Oh, he was still as reckless as he'd ever been, but by then he knew that about himself and he surrounded himself with people he trusted who could further his ambitions, including brother Bobby."

"I suppose you were in love with *brother Bobby* as well?" Lee teased.

"By then I was so much in love with you, I'm not sure I could've ever taken another man and that was before you walked into my classroom that day and turned my life upside down," Harry responded seriously. "But Bobby was very different from Jack. Quieter, more determined, and not sure what he wanted to do with his life. Even more unsure that he wanted to tie himself to Jack."

"But he did?"

"Yes, because no one could really say *no* to Jack, not when he wanted something."

"And he wanted something from you?"

"Yes, he wanted me to work with Nimitz and Hyman Rickover to design and build a strong submarine fleet. Jack was also interested in the space program and it really irritated him that the Russians were ahead of us. He vowed we'd catch up and pass them. And he didn't want us to get behind in earthbound military power. He didn't want to be the President who lost a war with the Russians."

"But you were still in the Navy. Where'd the Institute come from?" Lee finished his champagne and refilled both glasses, then fed Harry one of the oysters.

"Late one night, Jack and I were in a bar, a regular bar, and I'd had a lot to drink. I was rambling on about ideas that ran around inside my head, about things I wanted to build, about things I wanted to do. The more I talked, the harder he listened. And apparently, he used this technique with others as well. In about a week, he had me lined up with Admiral Rickover, who had practically, single-handedly bullied the Navy into building the *Nautilus*. You know the story?"

"About his plan to build the nuclear reactor twice?"

Harry nodded.

"How could I serve on board that sub and not know the story? I thought it was such a remarkable idea that I wrote a paper on it while I was at the National Defense University. He had one Submarine Thermal Reactor built at the Atomic Energy Commission's installation at Arco, Idaho and the second one at Electric Boat Company's Groton location, one step behind the first one. AEC made and corrected mistakes, then EBC constructed the proper working components. It was a brilliant idea." Lee looked into Harry's eyes. "Admiral Rickover's a feisty bastard. He reminds me a lot of you."

Harry chuckled. "Jack used to say that, too, and he had the good manners to treat us both like geniuses."

"Well, you are."

"Anyway, Jack took a page from Rickover's manual and decided to do something unorthodox. He had scribbled notes on a napkin that night in the bar. He sat down with Rickover, Nimitz, and me and asked us what was the best way for my ideas to be realized. Rickover had fought the government bureaucracy all his professional career and been passed over for promotion for his efforts. He told Jack very pointedly that if Jack wanted my ideas to see the light of day, they'd have to come from outside the Navy." Harry paused and drank from his glass. "So we sat there that night and designed the Nelson Institute of Marine Research. The future president of the United States designed a private research business venture that was to be at his beck and call for anything he wanted."

"Among other ethics problems, it's a major conflict of interest," Lee observed.

"Well, he wasn't the president then and I was high on the idea of working with him at this level, and having my dreams made into realities. *But* I hated leaving the Navy, so I designed my company to work like the Navy and because of my close associations with Nimitz and Rickover, I was still considered to be part of the Navy. That's why some of the things I do with *Seaview* are Navy assignments and classified, need to know."

"Harry, uh..."

"Yes, Lee, what is it?"

"Well, it's just something I've always wondered about, and it sort of goes along with what we've been discussing."

"And what might that be? I think you can feel free to ask me anything."

"Well, much as I love *Seaview* and being her new captain, and as much as I dreamed of serving on her when she was first commissioned, it has always seemed a little unusual to me that a private research vessel would carry nuclear weapons."

"Yes, well, I can see how that might seem a bit odd to some people. But, you see, it's like I said earlier. *Seaview* was designed and built for the express purpose of being Jack's private toy, and that meant she had to fulfill a wide range of requirements."

"But nuclear weapons, Harry. How could he justify that on a private vessel?"

"His reasoning was that since the ship, and he insisted she be commissioned as a ship rather than a boat, would be on call for military assignments, and since she would be called upon to visit many trouble spots around the world, that she be able to defend herself. And since we were designing her with the absolute up to the minute technology, it followed that she would have the most technically advanced weapons. It does make a sort of logic, don't you think?"

"I suppose when one knows the background, it does begin to make sense. I've just always felt that violence begets violence, and that just by the act of carrying nuclear weapons, *Seaview* would attract danger to herself. And, as we both know, it has occasionally happened that way. A simple weapon-free research vessel wouldn't have been a threat to anyone."

"I'm aware of everything you've just said, and had the same conversation with Jack many times. But he wanted *Seaview* to serve the dual purpose of being a peaceful research vessel and an advanced nuclear-powered warship, albeit one specifically designed to *keep* the peace, and his wishes carried the most weight."

"I wish I could've been part of it."

"You had other things to do, Lee. Important things. If I had tagged you as early as I did Chip Morton, you'd have missed education and experience that you needed. And that I needed you to have." Harry looked away. "And there was our personal relationship...".

"I know, we've been through all that. Harry, look at me. It's just that I hate having missed any part of your life, and I'm sorry I wasn't by your side when you were building the Institute. It must've been an incredible experience."

"You were with me when I needed you. And you were in my heart all the time." Harry kissed Lee's fingers.

"The Institute is such a large, fantastic place. I just never imagined it could be so overwhelming."

"Some of the gardens and buildings were Jack's ideas. He insisted on the swimming pool, so he could swim when he was here and he was here a lot during construction. The sailboat was a personal gift from him when the company was ready to do business."

"Sailboat?"

"Yes. The Institute owns several vessels, mostly ocean crafts for marine research, but the sailboat is mine."

"Did you take him out on it? Alone?"

"Are you jealous?"

"I think maybe I am."

"Well, it was more like he took me out on it. He loved to sail and it was rather special to be alone with him like that. After he declared his candidacy for president, he was never alone. However, don't forget he had a beautiful wife and all the other women he wanted."

"Are you planning to take me sailing?"

"I'm planning to make you a part of all my life, and we'll take the *Piccard* out as soon as we have time."

"Piccard? Auguste or Jacques?"

"Both I suppose, father for designing and son for making it work. They were doing such fantastic work with the *Trieste*. I was jealous of the fact that they'd built the bathyscaphe before I could get to it. But their achievements were so spectacular that I knew I could build on what they'd done." Harry fed Lee several bits of cheese and the last oyster.

Chewing thoughtfully, Lee stared at the ceiling. "What'd you and the President talk about all alone on the boat?"

"He wasn't the President then, just an old friend. We talked about all the mundane trivialities that friends discuss when they don't see each other every day. After he was elected, he didn't get out here very often and when he did, he always had so much to do that we didn't have time for much of anything. We always thought there would be time after...". Harry's eyes clouded and he stared past Lee.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't want any sad stories tonight. I guess it's hard to talk about him and not be sad."

"It's okay, laddie. He's gone and all the tears from all the people in this country can't bring him back. I have to get past that. He'd expect me to go on working and completing the dreams we shared and then for me to dream some more."

"Is that what you did under the sails, Harry, dream?"

"Dream and plan and hope for a better world. His ambition pushed him forward, but it was his dreams that kept him going. He sent Jackie to christen *Seaview*, but he never had the chance to sail on her with me."

"I'm sorry. He'd have loved her."

"It was interesting to be friends with a man who I'd once commanded and then have him become my commander-in-chief. I felt awkward at first, but he soon declared we would always be Jack and Harry, or the formalities would choke us to death." He started to stack the empty dishes.

"So, tell me about that painting hanging in your office. How'd that come about?"

"Well, since you've already wormed my darkest secret out of me, that I loved him, it should come as no surprise when I say that before I knew you, he was the most important man in my life. He was so vital, so charismatic. You couldn't be around him for more than a minute without falling under his spell. That was true when he was young, too, when his PT boat was under my command. In those days, out there on that island in the sun, he was so beautiful and so full of life, always trying to get a football game going with the men, his crew against some other boat's crew. And poker games that lasted all night. He never let his health problems slow him down. Of course, the men flocked around him."

Harry paused, and Lee interjected, "The painting?"

"I'm getting to that. There were always guys with cameras out there, and they usually shared the pictures around. When I came home from the war I had a pretty good stack of snapshots of men I'd served with and commanded. I especially had lots of photos of Jack because everyone always wanted their picture taken with him. We remained friends, seeing each other when we could over the years, and my feelings for him grew along with my respect for his brilliance and his ambitions. As I said while ago, he meant a whole lot more to me than just a pretty face I'd lusted after."

"And the pa...?" Lee started to say.

"Yes, the painting," Harry interrupted. "I was visiting Jack at the family compound one time when I was on leave, and his mother was having her portrait painted. I was fascinated, as it was something unheard of in my poor Irish Catholic family. I thought about it for a few days, and finally decided how wonderful it would be to have a portrait of Jack. Only, of course he could never know about it. So, before my leave was over, I managed a few private words with the artist and learned he could work from a photo." Harry smiled. "I saved up for months before I was able to contact the artist and make arrangements for him to get started. I spent those months agonizing about how I wanted him portrayed in the painting, and poured over and over the photos I'd saved. Finally, I settled on one that I'd taken because he looked so carefree, yet in total command of his surroundings, and also because he'd been staring straight at me when I took the snapshot. Sort of like we were connected, somehow. The artist took over four months to finish it, but it was worth the wait."

"Yes, it was," Lee agreed. "It's amazing."

"Yes. Of course, now that he's gone, it's become very valuable, and several visitors have offered me a lot of money for it."

"Would you ever consider selling it, Harry?"

"No. Not for a million dollars, or even ten million." Harry stroked Lee's cheek. "Maybe someday I'll have your portrait painted."

"Are you thinking sad thoughts again, my love?"

"No. Well, sort of. Just one more thing about Jack. I decided after the funeral that I'd have a rose garden added to the Institute's grounds to remind me of what was lost when Jack died and how quickly the world can change. Maybe you'd like to help me design it."

"I'd be honored to do that." Lee reached for the champagne bottle and discovered it was empty. "Shall I order another bottle?"

"No, I think two bottles are enough, don't you? Let's clear away this stuff. I need to hold you." Harry got off the bed and carried several plates to the table. "They stayed here on their honeymoon."

"Who?"

"The Kennedys. Jack brought Jackie here for their honeymoon. Not this cottage, of course. They had the biggest and fanciest on the other side of the grounds."

Lee stroked Harry's face. "You're such a romantic." Then he gathered the rest of the dishes and stacked them on the hotel cart. He moved the ice bucket to the bureau and filled a tall glass with ice and set it on the bedside table, then wheeled the cart into the living room, and on outside to the front porch. He started back to the bedroom, then had another thought and turned back to the front door. He hung the *do not disturb* sign on the outside knob, then turned all the locks. Harry was standing at the window staring out when Lee returned to the bedroom. Lee snuffed out most of the candles, then wrapped his arms around Harry and snuggled his chin on Harry's shoulder. "No sad thoughts tonight, beautiful man. There'll be plenty of time for sad thoughts another night." Lee untied the belt to Harry's robe and let his fingers walk down Harry's chest. "I love you."

"And it could all end in the seconds it takes a bullet to find its target."

Lee turned Harry around and pulled him close and kissed him. "We've been all through that and I don't want to talk about it tonight. We die when we die, but now is the time for living and loving." He slipped Harry's robe off his shoulders and let it drop to the floor. "I want to enjoy that bed. I want to hold you, I want to feel the warmth of your body next to mine, I want to feel your heart beat and I want to feel your desire for me." He tilted Harry's face up, pulled their lips together, and pressed himself into Harry. "Mmmmmm," Harry sighed. "You keep up this pace and you'll use me up." Cupping Harry's balls, Lee whispered, "Not going to use you up and not going to love you to death, just keep you young with fantastic sex and a reason to live forever." He turned Harry and walked them both to the bed. After pushing Harry onto the blue sheets, he stood watching. "There should be a mirror above the bed so you could see how gorgeous you look on these sheets."

"Why would I look at myself when I can look at you?" Harry raised his arms, "Come here."

"Want you. Want you so much." Without removing his robe, Lee dropped onto Harry, capturing his mouth. When he needed to breathe, Lee pushed himself up. "Turn around." Lee moved the pillows around. "Here, put your head on the pillow." Crawling over Harry, Lee stretched out so he could reach the glass on the bedside table. He slipped a piece of ice in his mouth, then turned so he was leaning over Harry's chest. Waiting a moment until his mouth was cold, he positioned the ice on the end of his tongue and sucked Harry's nipple into his mouth.

"Lee! That's cold!" Harry yelped as he arched his back. "You're going to give me a heart attack."

"Ummmmm," Lee mumbled as he reached for more ice. "No, just a night to remember."

"Well, you could warn a guy."

"The way you warned me when you tied me to the sofa?"

"That was different," Harry said.

"Only because you were on top," Lee taunted as he let the ice melt in his mouth. Then he leaned forward to kiss Harry.

"I've never complained about your being on top," Harry mumbled around kisses. "But your ice capades can get messy."

"Damn," Lee muttered, "I forgot the towels. Don't move." He slid off the bed and dashed into the bathroom. "You've had me on this damn emotional roller coaster all day and I seem to be forgetting all the basics."

"Yeah, like your clothes." Harry chuckled.

"I love the way this silk feels against my skin and I love the way your hands feel when you take it off of me," Lee purred, as he put another piece of ice in his mouth.

"You'll let me know when you want me to undress you?"

"I think you'll figure it out by yourself, old man." Lee settled on the bed next to Harry and leaned over to assault a nipple, which hardened immediately.

"God, Lee, you know what that does to me."

"Yes, Harry, I know what this does to you, which is why I'm doing it." Before getting more ice, he grabbed a towel. "Lift your butt. You look so incredibly beautiful on these sheets, I don't want them sticky."

? "Certainly, Captain," Harry replied, his blue eyes sparkling.

Lee knelt between Harry's legs, then stretched out to lie on top of him. "Kiss me," Lee breathed. As Harry's mouth opened for him, Harry's arms wrapped around Lee's back, rubbing the silk over Lee's skin. "That feels so good."

Harry rolled them over on their sides, working his hands under Lee's robe. "How does this feel?"

"Wonderful, like always," Lee managed before Harry's mouth took over. Lee lost himself in the power and passion of Harry's love. When his heart was pounding, his cock rock hard, and his robe crumpled on the floor, Lee pulled away from Harry's embrace. Fingertips fluttering across Harry's chest, Lee pushed the Admiral onto his back. "You beautiful sexy old man." Reaching into the glass to rattle the cubes, Lee settled between Harry's legs. Wet cold fingers lifted Harry's hips until Lee's tongue could reach the base of the sac holding Harry's balls.

"Lee," Harry gasped as he grabbed Lee's shoulders.

When Lee touched his warm tongue to warm flesh, Harry quivered. "Anticipation can be a wonderful thing, can't it, old man?"

"I don't know what to expect next."

"Exactly how you taught me." Lee slipped ice into his mouth and touched his tongue to the same spot.

"Oh God," Harry whimpered as his body bucked.

His mouth still cold, Lee ran his tongue over the rosy head of Harry's demanding cock. He rattled the ice in the glass, then slipped a finger into Harry's ass as he took Harry's cock into his mouth. He knew the hot and cold drove his lover wild, one of the few tricks Lee had taught Harry, and the trick was never to allow Harry to know when to expect the cold sensations. When Harry was thrashing on the bed, Lee balanced a small piece of ice on two of his fingers and pushed it into Harry's body. Harry again arched his back, driving his cock down Lee's throat.

Harry's whole body spasmed with his intense orgasm. His fingers tangled in Lee's curls and he stuttered, "L-L-Lee, oh m-my God, Lee."

Saving some cream to share, Lee raised his body over Harry's and thoroughly kissed his lover. "Yes, sir, can I help you, sir?"

"You keep that up and I'm going to need an oxygen tank and a heart monitor." Harry's head was limp against the pillow, his eyes closed.

"Complaining, old man?"

"I don't have the energy to complain."

"Just don't pass out on me. I'm not through with you yet." Leaning back, Lee stroked his own cock. "See?"

Opening his eyes, Harry murmured, "And what're you planning to do with that?"

"I'm going to cover it with some of that wonderful oil you brought and make love to you." Lee reached for the bottle on the bedside table. "I'll try to stay awake for that, but I'm an old man and I've been up for hours and hours. You had a nap this morning." Harry's eyes closed again.

"Old man, indeed," Lee smirked. "There are days when I can't keep up with you. Open your eyes. Look at me." As he dripped oil in his hands, he stared into Harry's eyes. "It's a shame I have to do this myself." He rubbed his hands over his own cock and watched Harry watch him.

"Then you shouldn't wear me out so soon."

"Can you lift your legs? Or do I have to do that, too?"

"I don't think I could lift a finger if this bed was on fire." Harry made no effort to move.

Lee lifted Harry's legs and positioned himself to enter Harry's body. He slipped a finger inside and felt the muscles respond. Two fingers and Harry wiggled against the intrusion. "You're not as tired as you pretend."

"I'd have to be dead not to respond to that, but don't mistake my response for active participation. It's not going to happen, not even for you." Harry lifted his hand.

Lee grabbed the fingers and kissed them as he pushed his way into Harry's body.

"Slow and gentle, laddie," Harry responded with a dreamy look in his eyes. "Make it last a long time. I love the feel of you inside me."

Buried inside his lover, Lee leaned forward for a soft kiss. "The perfect ending for a perfect day." He rocked steadily inside Harry until he filled Harry's body with cream. He dropped across Harry's chest, claiming Harry's lips, then rolled them over on their sides. "I love you, old man."

"Ummmmm," Harry mumbled sleepily as he settled his head against Lee's shoulder.

Thursday 26 March 1964
The Honeymoon Suite
Santa Ysidro Ranch California

Early morning light touched Lee's face and woke him to the beautiful sight of Harry asleep in his arms, the light playing on the gold highlights in the Admiral's hair. Lee gently rolled Harry onto his back, watching the sunshine bring a rosy pink to the bare skin. Tracing a finger lightly over Harry's nipple, Lee smiled as Harry snuggled in sleep. Lee took Harry's hand and kissed the fingers, then pulled the top sheet up to cover his sleeping beauty.

Realizing he hadn't cleaned Harry or the bed after their last lovemaking, Lee slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom. He answered nature's call, brushed his teeth, then cleaned himself. Finally, he ran warm water onto a wash cloth and took it and a dry towel to the bed. Lifting the sheet, he carefully pulled the soiled towel from underneath Harry and used the warm cloth to gently wipe his chest, belly and groin area, then patted him dry. Satisfied that his lover was clean, Lee dropped a kiss on Harry's soft genitals and tucked the covers over him.

Restless, and not wanting to wake Harry, Lee dressed in his running clothes. He explored the suite and discovered that the bedroom window was a sliding door leading to a wrap-around deck, which overlooked formal gardens. Through the trees, he could see other cottages scattered randomly around the extensive grounds, he assumed to insure maximum privacy. Paved paths connected all the cabins to the main building. In the distance, Lee spied a large pool surrounded by dozens of lounges for sunning, and a row of private cabanas.

Lee walked around the gardens but didn't see any place to run, so he went back to their room. Locking the sliding door, he checked Harry, grabbed a key from the living room where he had dropped it the night before, and eased out the door. He followed the path to the main lodge's reception desk where he was directed to Butterfly Beach or one of several jogging paths around the twenty-four acre resort.

He ran until he was dripping sweat and his lungs and mind felt open and clean. He had noticed the lobby gift shop was open, so he ended his run there and picked up a newspaper, a map of sea caves on the islands near Santa Barbara, and a book on exploring the California coast. Lee automatically reached to his pocket, but all he had was a room key. The clerk laughed and charged the items to the suite.

Back in the suite, Harry was still asleep. Lee dropped a soft kiss on Harry's lips, called room service for breakfast, and headed for the shower. In the bathroom he was reminded of last night, which he hoped was a prelude to many more nights. The shower stall was easily big enough for two and he decided that tonight he would share it with Harry.

Lee dried himself and pondered what to wear that would be practical for the day's activities, but entice Harry at the same time. He finally decided he might want to crawl back in bed with Harry, so he picked up the green robe and pulled it around him. Harry was still sleeping soundly, peaceful as a small boy, with red hair tousled against the deep blue of the pillow case. Lee was debating about waking the Admiral, when room service knocked on the door.

Lee hurried to open the other door and directed the waiter to set up breakfast for two in the built-in nook next to the kitchen. After the waiter had gone, Lee sipped fresh orange juice and wished Harry had woken up while Lee was out running. He hadn't expected Harry to sleep so long.{Hell, he's had plenty of sleep.} He poured a cup of coffee and took it with him to the bedroom and set it on the table beside Harry. Leaning forward, Lee kissed Harry's mouth. "Wake up, sleepy head."

"Ummmmm. Go away." Harry rolled onto his side away from Lee. "What time is it?"

"Time to get up. Breakfast's ready. I brought you coffee." Lee blew a stream of air across Harry's neck.

"Are you sure it's morning?" Harry muttered without rolling over.

"Yes, old man. The sun's been up for hours." Lee trailed his fingers through Harry's red hair.

"You could come back to bed."

"I could, but breakfast is getting cold and I'm hungry."

Harry rolled over to face Lee, a disbelieving look on his face. "Let me get this straight. I've invited you back to bed and you're turning me down in favor of food?"

"After last night, I don't know if you have the strength to handle my crawling back into bed. You need to eat first, then we'll see what happens." Lee pulled Harry into a sitting position.

"Hand me the coffee." Harry took a long drink. "Okay, okay. Where's breakfast?"

"In the breakfast room, where else? If you don't hurry, it's going to be stone cold." Lee turned and picked up the white robe from the floor where he had dropped it. "You want your robe?"

Standing, Harry stretched, then let Lee drop the robe around his shoulders. "Aren't you going to say *good morning*?"

"Already did, but you were asleep," Lee mumbled as he took Harry's mouth.

"Ummmmm," Harry said as he ran his fingers through Lee's hair. "You've showered and shaved."

"And been for a run," he said before kissing Harry again. "Could we finish this conversation over breakfast?"

"Yes, of course, you seem to have food on the brain. Go on, I'll just be a minute." Harry went into the bathroom.

At the table, Lee poured fresh coffee for both of them, then started on his own breakfast. The last few weeks his appetite had either been non-existent or overwhelming. Love for Harry definitely ruled his life. "So what's for breakfast?" Harry asked as he breathed a kiss on Lee's ear before sitting down at the table.

"Fresh eggs, fresh bacon, fresh croissants, fresh orange juice."

"Is that a complaint about the food on the *Seaview*?" Harry lifted the lid from his plate.

"No. Most of the time I don't even think about food, but after a night of strenuous exercise and a long morning run, I'm starving." Lee spread orange marmalade on a piece of toast. "Besides, you ate my breakfast yesterday."

"I did, didn't I?" Harry drained his juice glass. "So what do you want to do after breakfast?"

"Make love to you, swim some laps, read the newspaper, go sailing in your boat, make love to you, see your quarters at the Institute, see where the penthouse could be built, make love to you, drive up the coast, go to Disneyland, make love to you."

"Is that a multiple choice answer?"

"No, I want to do all those things in whatever order you choose." Lee smiled. "I love you, old man, and I want to be with you. I was going to let you sleep for a while longer but I just couldn't. I want you with me."

Harry stroked Lee's face. "We'll do all the things you want, but are you sure about Disneyland? It's just a park for kids."

"Well, maybe I feel like a kid today. They call it the *magic kingdom* and they even have a submarine. Don't you think it'd be fun to play for just a little while?" Lee took Harry's fingers and kissed them.

"I'm not really good at saying *no* to you. If you want to go to Disneyland, then we'll go." Harry's eyes were very bright blue.

"I seem to remember you saying *no* to me a lot last week, like every time I wanted to touch you."

"That was different. I had work to do and you kept distracting me. I was working on your ring and I couldn't let you see it. Now you can distract me all you want." Harry picked up the silver pot. "You want more coffee?"

"Yeah," Lee replied as he finished his breakfast, stacked the dishes together, and pushed them out of his way. "I found this map in the gift shop. Have you ever been exploring on Santa Cruz?"

"No, but several of my people have told me the diving and spelunking are wonderful. We could sail over there and give it a try."

"Do you know what's even nicer than that?"

"No, what?" Harry asked.

"It's after nine o'clock and you haven't called your office."

"I don't need to. Angie has instructions to call Chip if she needs me." He grinned. "I do have to stop by my quarters this afternoon because you keep shredding my clothes. That way I can check on things, and show you the B.O.Q. and the original plans for the penthouse."

"Are you through eating?" Lee asked as he stood up.

"Yeah," Harry pushed his chair back. "I think I'll take a shower."

"You want any more coffee?" Lee refilled his own cup.

"No, I've had enough stimulation for right now," Harry replied as he left the room.

Lee took his cup and the map on sea caves into the bedroom and curled uup in the middle of the bed. He listened as the water ran in the bathroom and thought about joining his lover, but decided Harry might like some privacy. Harry had raised the issue of how they might have problems adjusting to being together all the time. Maybe that was his way of reminding Lee that privacy was necessary sometimes, even when a couple loved each other as much as they did.

Leaning back against a stack of pillows, Lee spread the map out on the bed and calculated the miles from Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz. He decided it would make a nice day trip with a picnic lunch and somewhere secluded to make love to Harry. It seemed these days all he ever thought about was making love to Harry.

When the water stopped running, Lee eased off the bed and leaned against the bathroom door frame to watch Harry, who had stepped out of the stall, dry himself rapidly and wrap the towel around his waist. Lee watched as water dripped from the still wet red hair and ran down Harry's back. Harry wiped the steam from a portion of the mirror and turned to meet Lee's eyes. "Can I do something for you, Captain?"

"Possibly later, but for now I thought I'd stand here and watch you. I like watching you."

"But I'm just shaving." Harry spread foam on his face.

"Doesn't matter. I just like being close to you. I like spending the night in your arms and watching you sleep in the early morning light. I like to watch the water make the hair curl across the back of your neck. And I love to watch your hands do anything. You have such beautiful hands, Harry."

"Lee, my fingers are short and stubby." Harry stared at his hands, his face flushed pink. "Your hands are the beautiful ones, with your long elegant fingers that can reach so far inside me, I think I'm going to die." Moving to stand behind Harry, Lee wrapped his arms around his lover. He didn't care if he got a little damp. "You keep talking like that and you'll need another shower."

Harry scraped foam and beard from his face. "I thought you wanted to go swimming or sailing or playing at Disneyland."

"I do," he said as he pressed his body into Harry's, "but I want to make love to you as many times every day as humanly possible. That other stuff is just to give me something to do while I recover from the last time I made love to you and prepare for the next time."

"I really should see about getting some unripped clothes," Harry replied as he finished his face.

Lee slipped the towel from Harry's waist. "I don't think you need any clothes at all." Dropping his hand to Harry's groin, Lee continued, "I think you need to come back to bed with me, or would you prefer the bathroom floor?"

"Do you think I could have a towel or do you want shaving cream all over your green robe?"

Handing Harry a towel, Lee nibbled on Harry's ear. "I'd prefer another type of cream."

Harry wiped his face and turned in Lee's arms. "I think that can be arranged." He tilted his face up.

Lee touched the tip of his tongue to Harry's mouth, licking Harry's lips.

"You're such a prick-tease, Captain," Nelson muttered as he pushed himself into Lee and captured his mouth.

Lee stepped them around until Harry's back was pressed against the bathroom wall, then thrust himself against Harry. He took a deep breath before plunging his tongue down Harry's throat.

Clawing and pushing at Lee, Harry gasped, "Bed. Lee. The bed."

Shaking with desire, Lee took a step back as Harry maneuvered them out of the bathroom. "Just hurry."

Chuckling, Harry walked them to the bed. "A little while ago I couldn't get you to join me in bed and now I can't get you there fast enough."

Lee perched on the edge. "That was then and this is now." He fell backwards, pulling Harry with him. "Then I wanted to talk to you, now I want to love you."

Working Lee's robe open, Harry nibbled a trail of kisses down Lee's chest. His mouth was fiery hot on Lee's nipple as he worked it to pebble hardness.

Arching his back to meet Harry's mouth, Lee moaned, "Oh God, Harry, I love it when you do that."

"I know." Harry moved to the other nipple.

Lee squirmed under the assault. "Come back up here so I can kiss you." He pulled Harry up to lay across his chest, then rolled them onto their sides.

"I thought you wanted cream," Harry purred into Lee's ear.

"I do, but I like to kiss you. It makes me so hot when I take your mouth and can feel your cock throb."

"You mean when my cock jabs against yours because we want each other so much?" Harry's voice was husky.

"Yeah, like now." Lee's mouth covered Harry's and he felt the fire course through his body. He wanted to scream his pleasure but wanted to kiss Harry more.

"Wait," Harry gasped. "I need to move." He untangled himself from Lee's arms and crawled around on the bed. He slapped Lee's hip. "You're gonna have to move those long legs. Slide up here or we're going to fall off."

Lee scooted as Harry directed until he lay in the center of the bed with Harry's crotch in his face in the ancient *69* position. The red curls were soft against his face as Lee positioned himself to take Harry's balls into his mouth. He tickled them with his tongue. "I love your cock, Harry. It's like a smaller version of you, hot and feisty and demanding, and so beautiful with its red curls. They're so soft when you're fresh out of the shower." He combed his fingers through the short hair.

Harry took Lee's cock down his throat and hummed against the head.

"God, Harry," he moaned as he took Harry's cock, following Harry's actions, doing to Harry whatever Harry did to him. Before long Lee felt the orgasm begin to build in the pit of his stomach.

Harry clamped his hand around the base of Lee's cock. "No, you don't. I'm not ready yet. Breathe, Lee. Take a deep breath. Relax."

Doing as he was told, Lee focused his control, then took Harry's cock back into his mouth and moved his fingers so he could play with Harry's balls and tease the entrance to Harry's body. The double assault on Lee's senses, sucking and being sucked, fondling and being fondled, pleasing and being pleased, plus the musky aroma of Harry's passion, drove all other thought from Lee's mind. His entire world was loving and being loved by Harry.

As Lee felt the familiar tingle in his belly, he knew that Harry was also close. He remembered what Harry had said about loving Lee's long fingers, so he inserted two into Harry's body as far as they would go. Harry's ass gripped the fingers and he filled Lee's mouth and throat. The gush of warm fluid pushed Lee over the edge and he pumped cream into Harry's mouth. Holding Harry's cock in his mouth, Lee nestled closer, burying his face in Harry's groin. "I love you, old man," he mumbled.

"Hmmmm," was Harry's reply, his breath warm on Lee's skin.

Lee was content to lay still while his heart rate returned to normal and to feel Harry's body relax, but he needed to kiss his lover. He always kissed Harry after they made love and now was no time to change their routine.

He untangled himself and scooted around until he could hold Harry. "I need to kiss you."

"I know." Harry took Lee's head in his hands and pulled their mouths together.

Combing his fingers through Harry's red hair, Lee said, "I told you that you'd need another shower."

"We could go swimming instead."

"We'd have to wear trunks." Lee blew into Harry's ear.

"That tiny thing you wear can hardly be called *trunks*."

"Want me to get a new suit?" Lee teased.

"Of course not, as long as I'm the only one watching you."

Thursday 26 March 1964
The Nelson Institute
Santa Barbara, California

As Lee paused at NIMR's security gate that clear Thursday afternoon, he watched Harry in the passenger seat of the red Corvette. The California sunlight made love to Harry, bringing out the gold in his hair and skin. Lee never tired of looking at his lover.

Driving through the grounds, Lee laid his hand on Harry's leg. "I still can't believe you built all this. It's amazing."

"Not when you consider the help I had, the belief in dreams. I have to confess that running this business is a bigger challenge than building it and some days I wish Jack was here to help." Harry gripped Lee's hand.

"Maybe now you can depend on me to help."

Harry smiled without answering as Lee parked in the space marked *Admiral Nelson*.

"Good afternoon, Admiral, Commander," Brian Riley said in the lobby of the administration Building. "I thought you were on leave."

"I need some things from my quarters," Nelson explained with a deep chuckle. "I'm taking the Commander sailing to familiarize him with the California coast. I wouldn't want *Seaview* scratched because Lee doesn't know his way home."

"Yes, sir. If you need anything, I'll be here."

"Thank you, Mr. Riley." Harry headed down the hallway. "Lee, let's take the stairs so you'll know where they are."

On the second floor, Harry used a key to open the door to his quarters. The spartan rooms were clean and tidy, with little to identify the resident. There was a small living room with a sofa, chair and coffee table, and a kitchenette. Behind the living room was a bedroom and bathroom.

"Lee, this is your basic B.O.Q. We do have another building that contains larger apartments, several bedrooms and bath, but for the single men who choose to live here, these facilities serve well. I can put you in a unit like this one for a while."

"Yes, sir. This will do just fine until the penthouse is finished. May I see your bedroom?"

"It's just the place where I sleep when I'm here. I spend most of my time in my office or on the grounds."

"Did you sleep in that bed and dream about me?"

Taking Lee's hand, Harry walked the few steps to the bedroom. "Yes."

Lee sat down on the bed. "Did you do more than dream?" Lee patted the space next to him. "Did you jerk off while you were thinking about me in this bed?"

"More nights than I care to count," Harry admitted.

Pushing Harry back on the bed, Lee laid beside his lover. He kissed Harry gently and said, "I want to sleep with you here."

"That wouldn't be very practical," Harry protested.

"I don't mean live here with you. I can have my own quarters down the hall. But I want to spend some nights in this bed with you. I want to spend time here where you were when I couldn't be with you." Lee kissed Harry and ran a hand down to Harry's crotch. "We could start now."

"Lee, these are my personal quarters in *my* office building. People know we're here," Harry protested, but wrapped his arms around Lee.

"Did you ever bring another man in here?" Lee stroked Harry's cock through his pants.

"Of course not. How could I do that without compromising my reputation? And why would I have wanted to? I've been in love with you since before this building was completed."

"So I could be the first man in this bed with you?" Lee played with the buttons on Harry's shirt.

"I suppose you could, but we don't have any stuff here." Harry's face was flushed.

"Am I embarrassing you?" Lee undid a button.

"Maybe overwhelming me. Sometimes the intensity of your feelings catches me off guard. Particularly, unexpected things like wanting to make love here." Harry stroked Lee's face, then pulled his mouth down. "If you want to spend the night here, I'll sneak you in, but it seems a little silly to sleep in this bed when we have that big beautiful hotel suite with a bathtub big enough for the both of us."

"I'd settle for making love to you right now." Lee captured Harry's mouth.

"I don't think now is a practical time."

"Practical, Harry? Is this," Lee cupped Harry's erection, "practical?"

"There's nothing practical about my responses to you. By all the laws of biophysics, I shouldn't be able to do this again so soon."

"I'm not interested in the laws of biophysics, I'm only interested in your beautiful body and the feel of your hands on me. I love the taste of your mouth and I'm absolutely addicted to the taste of your cream." Lee kissed the uniform material covering Harry's crotch, then reached for the zipper.

Slapping at Lee's hands, Harry sputtered, "Don't --"

"Would you rather walk around the Institute with your uniform jacket on to hide this monster hard-on?" Lee worked the zipper down carefully.

"I guess the practical thing to do is to let you take care of me," Harry surrendered, kicking his pants off as Lee pushed them down.

"Yes, Harry, it's the practical thing to do," Lee mimicked, dropping kisses on Harry's groin. "I love the strong musky smell when you're hard for me. Makes me want to devour you." Running his tongue up and down Harry's cock, Lee lapped the drops that collected on the head. "Your cock is so beautiful."

"I hope I remembered to lock the door." Harry groaned from the stimulation of Lee's mouth. "Easy, laddie, I'm a little tender from all your recent attention."

"Not to worry, old man, I'm not going to do any permanent damage." Lee nibbled and licked the sensitive spots on Harry's lower body, then eased the demanding cock into his mouth until it slammed against the back of his throat. He focused his total attention on Harry's needs until Harry climaxed.

With cream on his lips, Lee wiggled up the bed to kiss Harry. "Better than drugs any day," Lee murmured as he smeared the white substance over Harry's mouth. "I can't move. You've taken the last drop of life from this old body." Harry lay in Lee's arms, limp as a rag doll.

"While you're recovering, you can tell me your favorite fantasy. Tell me what you dreamed about when you were sleeping in this bed alone." Lee stroked Harry's face. "I know you like to play games with me. Tell me what game you like to play in your head when I'm not with you."

"I don't think I can. You've wiped me out and I can barely remember my own name." Harry's breathing was still ragged.

"That blush isn't from exhaustion, Harry. Your kinky brain just remembered something special." Lee moved to sit up on the bed with his back against the pillows and pulled Harry to lay across his lap. Fondling Harry's genitals, Lee was aware that he was still completely dressed, but he wanted to know Harry's fantasties more than he wanted sexual release.

"It's silly, Lee."

"Why? If it kept you company when I wasn't here, when you wouldn't let me be here, then I want to hear it." Lee softened his accusation with a kiss, Harry's mouth sending jolts of electricity through Lee's body.

"Lee," Harry said softly, his hands between Lee's legs, "I think you need something from me more active than the fantasies of a lonely old man."

"Ummmm," Lee moaned as he felt Harry gently unzip his too- tight pants. "Old man indeed, but I still want to know your wildest thoughts."

"Okay, but just remember, I'm doing this under protest." Harry worked Lee's cock out of his pants and focused his attention on it. "We're on a pirate ship where I'm the captain and you're my slave."

"Your sex slave, Harry?"

"Yes," Harry mumbled as he sucked Lee's cock.

"And?" Lee asked, trying to hang on to his thoughts.

"And I could have you anytime and anywhere I wanted."

"But you could have had that in reality," Lee reassured.

"I didn't think so, I mean, not on the level that was necessary to have you here."

"But you do now?"

"I'm trying," Harry admitted as he continued to suck Lee's cock.

"Sex slave, Harry?"

"Ummmm."

"Do sex slaves have to do everything they're ordered to do?" Lee asked, Harry's tongue and fingers driving him crazy.

"Yeah."

"Willingly submit to you?"

"Uh-huh."

"Did you lash me to the mast, Harry, naked in front of your crew?"

"Yes, no," Harry substituted his hand for his mouth and raised his head to look at Lee. "This was my fantasy, my *private* fantasy. I'd tie you to the mast with your cock rock hard and wet and standing straight out in front of you, the sun bright over blue waves, the wind in the sails and blowing your hair, which was long and wild and curly. Then I'd drop to my knees in homage of your beauty and my need to please you."

Before Lee could respond, Harry returned his attention to Lee's cock and forced his thoughts to current pleasures.

Harry, when he finally raised his head to look at Lee again, had cream on his lips. Lee lifted Harry's face to his lips and licked them clean. Then he gently explored Harry's mouth with his tongue while easing them into a comfortable position. "I love you, Harry. I love everything about you. And I think we need to make you some new memories in this bed."

"It isn't necessary."

"Oh, I think it is." Lee smiled and kissed Harry's eyes. "I think you've punished yourself enough over everything that's happened to us and between us." He fingered his ring. "We made some promises to each other yesterday and I think we should concentrate on the present and the future, not the past, although I may want to revisit some of those fantasies."

"Wouldn't you rather go look at the plans for the penthouse?" Harry asked, his composure returning.

"As long as you promise to sneak me in here one night very soon." Lee sat up, his uniform shirt wrinkled. "We really should undress before we play."

"You're the one who's always in a hurry," Harry teased.

"Can't keep my hands off you." Lee stood and pulled Harry up, then kissed him. "Do I look like I just made love to you?"

"Clothes wrinkled, hair mussed, lips slightly bruised, face flushed, contentment in your smoldering eyes -- yeah, I'd say that's what you look like." Harry removed his shirt, stepping to the closet for a fresh one.

"I think I want to look like this all the time." Lee retrieved his pants from the floor and stepped into the bathroom to put himself back together.

When they were dressed and Harry had packed a small bag, they went upstairs to Harry's office.

"Admiral," Angie said, surprised, as they entered her office, "I wasn't expecting you today."

"It's okay, dear, I've only stopped by for a moment. The Commander and I are going sailing tomorrow and I needed some things from my quarters. But there are some documents I wanted to review while I'm here. Unless there's an emergency, just pretend I'm not here." Harry opened the door to his office.

"Yes, sir," Angie replied as she sat down.

Lee closed the door behind him. "Will I ever get used to the feeling of power in this room?"

"I certainly hope so," Harry chuckled as he dropped his bag on the conference table. "It's just a room where I work."

"It feels like more than that," Lee commented, then turned to face Harry. "It's another place where I need to make love to you. I'd like to fuck you on that table."

"Are you marking your territory or something?"

"Maybe. I just need to be a complete part of your life."

"Lee, you are a complete part of my life, but it'll take you a little while to learn your way around. We've only been married for a day and a half." Harry dropped a kiss on Lee's mouth, then opened a large wall storage unit set into the bookcase on the north wall.

After rummaging through several racks of rolled plans, Harry pulled one out. It was large and heavy, so Lee grabbed one end. "I think the penthouse is attached to the plans for this building." They spread the layers of blueprints across the conference table and Harry flipped through the sheets.

"Here, this is the fifth floor, and here's my office. The penthouse is supposed to sit right above here so I can move from my apartment to my office down a set of stairs behind a secret door in the wall over there."

"Secret staircase?" Lee teased.

"For security purposes. It leaves me a way out in case of fire or some other kind of emergency, but I could use it to sneak up and meet you for lunch or something."

"It's the *or something* I like," Lee confessed. "But where're the plans for the apartment?"

Harry flipped several more sheets until he found the penthouse. "Here. See, the apartment is situated right over this office."

Lee sat down to get a better view of the plans, which included a large area for living and dining, plus a large master bedroom and a smaller guest bedroom.

"No," Harry said, "this won't work."

"Why not? Looks okay to me."

"I want you to have a bedroom the same size as the master bedroom."

"Harry, I thought we were going to share the master bedroom. Have you changed your mind?" Lee's heart tightened in his chest.

"Not if you're sure that's what you want." Harry stroked Lee's face. "But I want you to have space of your own. You may not think you want that space now, but as we settle into a routine, you might."

"I might, or you might?" Lee didn't breathe.

"That's a good question." Harry lifted Lee's face and kissed him. "Maybe we should think about this a little more. We could add a playroom, similar to Lloyd's and Charlie's, and then each have a private room."

"Charlie and Lloyd do not have separate bedrooms," Lee snapped, "and you know that."

"Lee, let's not argue about this. We have a blank sheet of paper on which to draw our ideal home. I think we should give a lot of careful thought to how we want to construct our living space. How about if we both draw a sketch of what we want and then put them together. After we get what we like, we can have new plans drawn up."

"Okay, but you understand that I want to sleep with you every single night for the rest of my life."

"Okay, laddie, but I still think we each need to plan some private space, maybe a study or something," Harry conceded. "We also have to remember to use the existing elevator shaft, plumbing, electricity, air conditioning, heating and natural gas. To put this apartment on top of the building, it has to use what's already here."

"Can we have grass and trees and a white picket fence?"

"Absolutely. There's no reason why we can't have lovely landscaping. Just be sure to include it in your construction estimates. You might want to rethink the white picket fence, however."

"I want to see the roof," Lee said. "Can I take just the plans for the apartment?"

Harry unfastened the page, then rolled and replaced the blueprints. "Okay, leave that on the table and let's use my secret stairs to the roof."

When Harry pressed a button on the wall, a panel opened to reveal a black wrought iron circular staircase. The top of the stairs were surrounded by a small shack set amidst capped wiring. As Harry unlocked the door and they stepped out onto the roof, antennas and other protrusions littered the roof in both directions, but it was the majestic view of the Pacific Ocean that captured Lee's attention. "Do you ever get tired of watching the waves crash onto the beach?"

"No, laddie. It's why this building is where it is. Our home can have its west wall out of the same coated glass as our offices and we can arrange the bedroom so that the bed faces the ocean, if you like." Harry stood next to Lee, almost touching him.

"You can see everything from up here."

"And everyone can see us," Harry warned.

"We'll have to do something about that, and I'll want to block our view of some of the building's hardware."

"The landscaping can take care of that. Check with the groundskeeper to see what's already available or what he can come up with and include it in your plans when you meet with the architect."

"What architect?"

"You can use the one who made most of this place a reality, or you can interview and hire anyone you like. But you'll need a professional to design the apartment so there are no problems in fitting the apartment on top of the building."

"Harry, aren't you going to help me?"

"I'll be available for consultation, of course, but I have other projects to take care of as well. I'd like you to oversee the design and construction. Close supervision is needed or the workmen won't do the job correctly. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Also, contractors seem to be the messiest people in the world. You'll need to remind them to clean up every day."

"Harry, I've never done anything like this before."

Laughing, Harry slapped Lee on the back. "So now's as good a time as any to learn. We'll make the necessary decisions together, but I want you to handle the daily routine. It'll give you an opportunity to learn how things work around here, and it'll also give you the chance to get to know some of my people."

"Is that going to be a problem?"

"Was it a problem on *Seaview*?"

"No, sir," Lee smiled.

"You'll charm these men just like you did your crew and they'll come to respect you as they get to know you." When Lee didn't answer, Harry asked quietly, "Problem?"

"No, sir, I'm just not prepared for the enormity of this operation. I'm still in shock at the size of your world. I'll learn to handle it."

"Of course you will. Now, let's go check on the status of the *Piccard* and make sure she's ready to sail tomorrow at sunrise."

"And if I have other plans for you at sunrise?"

Harry just smiled as he opened the door to the shack and held it for Lee to preceed him.

Inside the stairway, the lighting was dim after the bright sunlight off the roof and Lee paused to let his eyes adjust. He turned and caught Harry in a tight embrace and kissed him. "No one can see us in here."

Standing one step above Lee, Harry pressed their bodies together and captured Lee's mouth. "I want the apartment to be started as soon as possible. I'll have Angie set up a meeting for us with George Shanks, my controller, for Monday afternoon."

Between kisses, Lee mumbled, "Okay."

"George has worked for me for a long time." Harry ran his hand across Lee's back. "We'll set up the budget and you can start to work."

"Fine, boss. But if we keep this up much longer, we'll have to do something about our erections, or walk around advertising our need for each other."

Harry stroked Lee's face and laughed. "You're right, except that even on my honeymoon I don't think I can keep up with you. Let's go check the boat."

Thursday evening, 26 March 1964
The honeymoon cottage
Santa Ysidro Ranch, California

It was late evening when Lee and Harry returned to their private cottage following dinner in a nice secluded restaurant near the ocean. Lee felt mellow and content in his green robe as he curled up on the bed to wait for Harry to join him.

"Shall we call Charlie and Lloyd before it gets too late?" Harry asked from the bathroom.

Lee pulled the phone onto his lap and started dialing numbers. "Hurry up and come sit beside me. They're probably going to be furious."

After several rings an out of breath Lloyd wheezed, "Hello?"

"Hi, Lloyd, it's Lee. Are you in the middle of something?"

"Nothing that won't wait. How are you? Where are you? What's happening? I called your Arlington number and it's been disconnected." Lloyd ran his questions all together.

"As we speak, I'm curled up in the middle of a gorgeous antique bed in the honeymoon suite of the Santa Ysidro Ranch, near Santa Barbara." Lee smiled as Harry belted his robe. "It's so beautiful."

"Honeymoon suite? Good God, man, what've you done? Charlie," Lloyd yelled, "pick up the extension so I don't have to repeat any of this."

"Lee? Are you there?" Charlie's voice was concerned. "Where's Harry? And what's going on?"

"Yes, I'm here, and Harry's here too, sitting next to me on the bed and we've got something to tell you." Lee placed a kiss on Harry's mouth.

"Is Harry on the extension or sitting next to you?" Charlie asked.

"I'm sitting next to him," Harry yelled so that he could be heard.

"You better sit down, the both of you," Lee warned and took a deep breath. "Harry and I are married."

"How? When? Where? And for God's sake, why?" Lloyd sputtered at the same time Charlie shouted his congratulations.

"Well, calm down and we'll tell you. I was recently transferred to Harry's submarine, and we decided if we're going to live together in such a confined area, then we needed some order in our lives. We exchanged vows on board yesterday morning before two witnesses." Lee blew out a shaky breath. "And the *why* is because we love each other so much that we don't ever want to be separated."

"You had a wedding without us!" Lloyd yelled.

"It was the tenth anniversary of our first night as lovers," Lee offered, hoping the small lie would work. "We thought it was important to celebrate that event."

"Who were the witnesses?" Charlie asked, curious.

"A friend and an enemy," Lee offered.

"Cryptic, aren't we," Lloyd retorted.

"It's a long story. We'll tell you all the details the next time we see you, but we knew you'd never forgive us if we didn't tell you as soon as possible." Lee held Harry's hand.

"So when do we see you? I mean, we need to have a party, a bachelor party, an engagement party, a wedding reception. Oh, Charlie, let's blow out all the stops."

"We all know how much Lloyd loves parties," Charlie acknowledged. "How about it? Will you allow us to help you celebrate this important step in your relationship?"

"It's up to Harry," Lee said, pride and joy in his heart. "I work for him now, and if we're going to take a day off, he has to make the decision."

"Can we make it soon? I want to hear all the details, not to mention wanting to kiss the grooms." Lloyd's voice rose with excitement. "I can throw a party together in no time."

"Next week okay?" Harry suggested. "I think we can get away for the weekend then."

"Did you hear that, Lloyd? Harry says next weekend." Lee smiled at Harry. "You just remember that we're married now."

"Next weekend's fine. That's plenty of time." Lloyd laughed. "I can hardly wait."

"Lee, could I talk to Harry for a moment?" Charlie asked in his professional voice

. "Sure, Charlie." Lee was puzzled. "Anything wrong?"

"No, I just need a word with Harry."

Handing the phone to Harry, Lee got off the bed and stared out the window, trying not to listen to what was clearly a private conversation. Harry muffled his responses to Charlie, then ended the call by promising to see the men soon.

"What was that all about?" Lee asked as he turned to face Harry. "A subject Charlie insists I discuss with you, or he will next week when we see him." Harry was clearly uncomfortable as he patted the bed, indicating that Lee should join him.

"Harry, tell me."

"It looks like I don't have a choice. So many things have changed in my life in the last few weeks, your being assigned to *Seaview*, our decision to exchange vows, to live and work together, so many things to consider. This was one subject that I'd hoped I could avoid, but Charlie's not going to allow me to do that." Harry looked at his hands.

"You mean your continued relationship with Charlie and Lloyd? Are you worried that I'll be upset the next time you want to have sex with one or both of them? With or without me?" Lee held his breath, not sure what he felt.

"It's a little more complicated than that."

"We've known those men for six years. We owe them for saving our relationship then. Is there more that I should know now? They're my friends, too." Lee took Harry's hands.

"I know they're your friends. I also know about the money. I know how many more men they've been able to help because of your generosity."

"How'd you know? I always intended it to be confidential and anonymous."

"Charlie mentioned an anonymous donor once. I saw an envelope from your father's law firm, but I didn't say anything. I knew if you'd wanted Charlie to know it was from you, you'd have told him. It's such a characteristic thing for you to do, and it's one of the things that makes you so special." Harry kissed Lee's fingers.

"What're you so stressed about?"

"I have in Charlie a friend, a confidant, a counselor -- which is why I wasn't terribly opposed to Chip assuming that role when I couldn't talk to Charlie. He's made me face some things about myself that I'm not too comfortable with. You remember, talking about something until it hurts?"

Lee nodded.

"Some of those things have to do with my sexual appetites, things I like that you don't. I'd been able to handle that part of my life by seeing Charlie and Lloyd occasionally, but now Charlie insists that I tell you all of it. Then, we make a decision together about how to handle my needs in the future. He reminded me that both our needs are important, and if I neglect mine it could cause problems. I think your needs are more important than mine but he won't listen to that."

"What needs? Group therapy? Lloyd's monster cock? Why are you afraid to tell me?" Lee stroked Harry's face.

"Because I've caused you so much pain already, and I can't bear to cause you any more."

"Harry, we came to terms with the rape. It wasn't your fault and it wasn't my fault. I've worked with Charlie to deal with my obsession for you so I won't smother you. I've slept with other men, and with some women. I know my being assigned to *Seaview* caused you some trepidation, but I don't understand what you're trying to get at. So just tell me, okay?"

"My needs, Lee. They make me feel soiled, somehow."

"What needs, Harry? I know you like to dominate me, you like to tease me, you like to tie me to the bed. What else?"

"But in ten years, you've never tied me to the bed, or any other game, and Lee, I enjoy being dominated as much as I enjoy dominating. I recall a particular night in Athens, when I pushed you pretty hard."

"I remember. By the time you were finished with me, I practically raped you."

"Hardly. But remember how angry you were when you realized how turned on I was?"

Lee nodded. "But we worked that out."

"Not all of it. Not the way it made me feel, or how much I wanted you to do it again." Harry looked down and his shoulders slumped.

"You want me to hurt you? To inflict pain?" Panic bolted through Lee.

"See? I knew you couldn't handle this. I knew there was no way to prepare you for this, ever."

Lifting Harry's chin, Lee stared into blue eyes bright with tears. "I *do* want to learn everything about you, my love. You just took me by surprise, as usual. So, tell me."

"It happened one night when I was in Berkeley. You were out to sea and I went to visit Charlie and Lloyd for a weekend. It was just the three of us and Charlie had decided he wanted me to take him while Lloyd took me. We'd done that before and I knew you knew I was seeing them, so I don't feel guilty about being there. But this particular night Charlie added a kink to the game he hadn't warned me about, something he later called *the bad boy game*. Charlie did some silly little thing, and Lloyd told him how bad he was, and then spanked him with a padded leather strap until Charlie's ass was bright red. Initially it disturbed me because I kept thinking how you'd been whipped when you were raped. Even though they could see how disturbed I was, it didn't stop Lloyd from telling me what a *bad boy* I was for something he'd seen me do at dinner, and then Charlie held me while Lloyd paddled my ass."

"Oh, Harry, why didn't you tell me? We'll never go back there again."

"No, Lee, you don't understand. They didn't force me, and I could've stopped it at any time. The truth is, it turned me on. I was so hot that night, I couldn't get enough." Harry closed his eyes.

"So why are you so upset?" Lee's own emotions were buried under his need to understand Harry's.

"Because I don't know how to ask you to hurt me, and I certainly can't inflict pain on you. I've tried to think of a subtle way to show you that a small amount of controlled pain in a loving environment can be an incredible turn-on. Just yesterday, when I tied you to the sofa, I wanted to explain that I wish you'd do that to me sometimes, when the mood is right, but I couldn't form the words. And now I expect you to walk out of here."

"Harry, love, look at me." When Harry slowly raised his head to meet Lee's gaze, Lee continued. "I love you, Admiral, sir, all of you, all of what you are. I obviously need some help to learn how to satisfy your needs, but I do want to satisfy you. I honestly thought I had been. If I don't learn to accept and provide what you want, I know you'll find someone else to do it. Charlie has made me understand that. And not just about you, but all partners. Is this what you tried to tell me on *Seaview* when you woke me up?"

Harry nodded.

"I'm not sure how I'll do it, but I'll try to find the proper setting to tie you up, and I'll even think about paddling your cute little ass. I don't understand why it affects you, but I can see that it does." Lee pushed Harry's robe off his shoulders. "Come here."

Lee twisted their bodies around until he and Harry were stretched out on the bed. "We only have one lifetime, one lifetime to find out everything about each other, and I'm way behind. You seem to know so much about me and I know so little about you. Why do you hide from me?"

"I guess I've been hiding from myself for so long that it's the only way I know how to live. Being forced to face my ugly side has been very difficult."

"Why do you call it your ugly side, Harry?"

"Because it causes you so much pain."

"Will you forget your Catholic guilt for a minute and understand that I love you? I want you in my life from now until forever. I want your good and bad, and I want to keep you so satisfied you'll never want to crawl out of my bed. I can't do that if I don't even know what turns you on." Lee kissed Harry's mouth gently.

"How can I talk to you about subjects I can barely make myself think about? How can I ask you to do things that will hurt you?"

"For ten years you've been deciding what's best for me, for us, without consulting me. We agreed to some things yesterday and I intend to hold you to those promises. You've never broken a promise to me and I hope you won't start now. Harry, you've made excellent progress in your sessions with Charlie about issues that concerned me, such as realizing that my rape was not your fault, and also in coming to terms with having me in your life. But you're still apparently hung up about your own feelings on what constitutes good and evil, or more specifically, what's sexually acceptable. You've worked so hard to make sure I'm satisfied. Can't you see I feel the same way? I can't do things you like if I don't know what they are, and by not fulfilling your needs, I'm hurting you. I don't want to do that either. So please, give me a little time to think about this. Maybe talk to Charlie."

"Lee...".

"There's a big difference between one partner inflicting a little pain to produce pleasure in a trusting relationship and in what happened to me in that bar. Like it or not, Harry, I was looking to be punished that night and I got more than I bargained for. Those men inflicted a great deal of pain on me to get themselves off. You're asking me to take charge of you, of us, and direct our sex life, at least sometimes. And pain blends with pleasure every time you ram your hard cock up my ass. Just a little pain, lover, to make the pleasure more intense. You want this to be an equal relationship and so do I." Lee took Harry's mouth, then struggled out of his own robe.

"It's not that simple."

"It is tonight, old man, because I intend to dominate you with as much gentleness as I can find. Maybe you think you want something else from me now, but you're getting it tender and slow because that's the message I'm getting from your body. However, the very next secret you try to keep from me may just be the push I need to take you over my knee."

Friday 27 March 1964
Santa Cruz Island, California

The morning sun sparkled on blue water as Lee cast off the lines and prepared to ease the *Piccard* away from the dock for her journey to Santa Cruz Island. Harry, dressed in white shirt, shorts, and deck shoes, manned the tiller. Lee stood for a moment, the rope in his hand, watching his lover in the bright light. Harry belonged to the sea, the color of the water matching his eyes.

When the boat was racing over the waves and the sails were straining and snapping in the stiff breeze, Lee went to stand by Harry and dropped a kiss on his lips. "God, but you're beautiful out here."

"Is our course set, Captain?"

"Aye, sir," Lee laughed. "Do you suppose we were pirates together in another lifetime? Maybe that's where your fantasy originated."

"Anything's possible," Nelson admitted. "Did you look over that list of caves?"

"I think I like Hidden Canyon Tunnel, east of the main cave. We won't need any special gear and the tide doesn't affect it. We can weigh anchor in a sheltered cove and take the rubber dinghy in. The cave is dry and has fresh water. I thought it'd be perfect for our picnic. You did remember the food?"

"Yes, Captain, I remembered the food. I had the cafeteria pack a big basket this morning, but I had to promise them that you'd be down to meet all the girls once you're settled in. It seems that you're the main subject on the gossip circuit these days."

"Any of that gossip say how much I love a certain redheaded Admiral?" Lee nibbled on Harry's ear.

"They'd tell me that?"

Lee laughed. "Only if this was a perfect world."

"Maybe in another lifetime." Harry leaned back into Lee's embrace. "Why'd you pick a cave we could walk in? I thought you wanted to do some diving."

"Today, I'm only interested in one kind of exercise and it requires your participation." Lee dropped his hands to Harry's crotch.

"If you keep that up, I'll run the boat into something."

"We could weigh anchor right here and I could take you on the deck under the clear blue sky," Lee breathed into Harry's ear.

"There's too much air traffic over this channel. Someone might see us," Harry warned.

"Then you'd better get us to the cave in a hurry!" Lee stepped away from Harry, stretched, and pulled his shirt off. "The sun is glorious out here."

"So are you, my love," Harry whispered.

Lee decided there was nothing quite like the feel of the wind in his hair as the boat skimmed over the waves. Sailing with Harry was almost as satisfying as making love to him. Working in tandem to guide the boat smartly over the wild water of the Pacific, Lee watched the wind blow red hair in a dozen different directions. Harry smiled and his whole body radiated happiness.

{Maybe we could sail around the world. We could just pass Santa Cruz Island and keep going until we find a deserted island where we could play Robinson Crusoe and Friday.} Lee laughed, feeling the happiness coursing through him. {Maybe the Institute could sponsor a team for the America's Cup.} He could captain a winning team of hand-picked crewmen from Harry's own employees. Lee loved submarines, but there was nothing like the feel of the sun in his face and the wind at his back. Sailing was as old as man himself.

"Hey," Harry yelled, "pay attention or you're going to sail us past the island."

"That thought has occurred to me, but for today we need to be east of the main cave. Go that way," Lee pointed toward the cove where he wanted Harry to steer them, and then began rapidly lowering the sails.

Their speed dropped quickly, and after directing Harry to a spot near the entrance he wanted, Lee dropped the anchor and raised the diving flag. They weren't technically diving, but what they were doing was close enough, and the flag would alert other boaters to be careful. Mostly, he didn't want anyone to disturb them.

Lee pulled out the food basket, a blanket, and a couple of towels while Harry launched the small dinghy and climbed into it carefully. He held the craft steady while Lee handed down the day's provisions, before starting to climb in himself.

"Wait, you better put your shirt back on," Harry suggested. "This sun can get very hot."

"I'm going to show you hot," Lee growled as he pulled his shirt back on, then climbed carefully into the small boat. Before settling on the seat opposite his lover, Lee leaned forward to devour Harry's mouth.

"You keep that up and I'll have to toss you in the water just to cool you off," Harry mumbled.

"You want me to stop?"

"I never want you to stop, but I'd hate for you to flip this dinghy over, and I'd rather you didn't kiss me out here in the open."

"Okay, fine." Lee dropped his hand to cup Harry's crotch. "But your body has other ideas."

"My body can wait. Now help me with the ropes," Harry commanded.

"Yes, sir, Admiral, sir. And I suppose you expect me to row?"

"You are the junior officer. Besides, I'll enjoy watching all those muscles work while you take us to shore."

Lee untied the aft rope while Harry freed the stern, and they both pushed hard against the *Piccard* to propel the dinghy into the open water of the secluded cove. Lee set a fast pace toward the interior of the cave, and was aware of Harry's unwavering gaze for the entire trip.

The direct sunlight disappeared as they entered the cave and beached the small craft, but the filtered light gave the cavern a romantic and intimate feel. Lee could hear the rumble of water from the rear of the large cave.

As soon as the dinghy bumped against the small beach, Lee jumped out in ankle deep water and steadied the boat while Harry stepped out onto the sand. Lee couldn't resist pulling his lover into a tight embrace. "I love you and I think we're both going to love this place."

"I think you're right. Pull the dinghy well up out of the water and help me with this stuff," Harry said.

Lee complied, then grabbed the basket with their lunch, while Harry removed the blanket and the towels from a watertight bag. Holding hands, they walked the length of the cave until they reached the waterfall. The water cascaded about twenty feet down over the face of a rocky wall into a large pool surrounded by a secluded sandy beach which wasn't visible from the cave's entrance. There were succulents and other plants growing near the fresh water.

"This is beautiful. You knew about this?" Harry asked.

"The guys who recommended it didn't know I was sailing out here with you. I just asked them for a nice romantic setting. They were all too happy to describe this cave as a great place to score, and now I know why." Lee set the basket down and reached for the blanket. "Here, help me spread this on the sand near the water."

Wrapping his arms around Harry, Lee dropped them both onto the blanket and the soft sand underneath. "I think we should name this place Seduction Cave," Lee whispered before he took Harry's mouth. "It is the perfect place for a seduction," Harry agreed as he pulled at Lee's shirt. "There's no direct sun in here, so you can take this off now."

"I think we should get rid of all these clothes." Lee pulled at Harry's shirt, then reached for the zipper on his shorts. "I know you're hard for me without even touching you."

"And how would you know that?" Harry asked as he tossed his clothes on top of his shoes.

"I can see it in your beautiful blue eyes. Your passion always shines in your eyes." Lee took Harry's mouth, wrapping his arms around Harry and exploring his body. "I want you."

"That's been obvious since we left the harbor," Harry mumbled between kisses as he rubbed his hand over Lee's erection.

"So what're you going to do about it?"

"What do you want me to do about it?" Harry teased as he bent down to kiss Lee's cock.

"Let's get in the water." Lee jumped to his feet and pulled Harry up, leading him into the gently swirling water.

"Don't you know better than to jump into strange bodies of water?" Harry yelped as he followed Lee under the cascade.

"It's not strange and we're not jumping. Come here," Lee ordered as he pulled Harry into his arms while the water showered over them. The water trickled down Lee's face as he kissed Harry. The water was cool but Lee knew it didn't have a chance of cooling their passion.

"Are you trying to drown me?"

"No, just getting you wet. Follow me." Lee led the way through the waterfall into a niche behind it in the cave wall. Water misted the air in the chamber and the sound of rushing water echoed off the limestone. "How's this for private?"

"Very nice, Captain. I guess this really should be called Seduction Cave."

Lee settled them on the natural stone bench, then pushed Harry against the wall to kiss him.

"Ummm, Lee," Harry cried as he squirmed under Lee, then shoved at him.

"What?"

Harry worked out of Lee's arms and stood up quickly, removing a small pebble that was sticking to the skin of his left buttock. "Housekeeping hasn't been here," Harry grinned as he tossed the stone into the water.

"Let me kiss it and make it better," Lee muttered as he touched his lips to Harry's warm skin. Then he brushed the shelf clean and eased Harry back down. Kneeling on the ground in front of his lover, Lee kissed the tip of the wet cock. "I love you," he said as he took the cock into his mouth and down his throat.

"That feels much better than a sharp rock in the butt," Harry mumbled as he corded his fingers through Lee's hair. "Your mouth's incredible."

Lee sucked and licked while his fingers caressed Harry's balls. He had never been able to make Harry scream his passion, but the small sounds that Harry did utter were special music to Lee's ears. Today, with the sound of splashing water in the background, Harry's moans were as glorious as the Vienna Boy's Choir. No matter how private their surroundings or thorough their loving, Lee had never seen Harry lower his defenses so totally that he could scream his pleasure. In his heart, Lee knew he would never give up yearning to hear those sounds from Harry.

When Harry's fingers tightened in Lee's hair, he relaxed a moment and released Harry's cock. Dropping a kiss on the rosy head, Lee took a deep breath.

"No, don't stop," Harry begged.

"Not stopping, lover, just catching my breath." Lee sucked the thick organ back into his mouth, working to make the moment and Harry's pleasure last. Lee loved to service the Admiral this way, thinking only of Harry's pleasure and the special taste of Harry's cream, thick and rich and Lee's alone.

Harry's fingers slipped from Lee's hair to his shoulders and gripped the bare flesh. "Oh, Lee, you turn me inside out."

"Ummm," Lee mumbled as he pushed Harry to orgasm.

Breathing hard, Harry slumped over Lee, while Lee sucked every drop of cream from his lover's body. Then he pushed Harry back against the stone wall and kissed him, sharing the warm substance. "I love you, old man."

"And every time you do that I think I'm going to shatter into a million pieces and you won't be able to put me back together again."

"I'd only let you explode like that if we could do it together. What a way to go." Lee stroked Harry's face, then his own cock. "I need you," he stated quietly. "What'd you have in mind?" Harry asked between gulps of air.

"The water," Lee replied as he ran his hands over Harry's body. "I love loving you in water, and I'd like to take you in this pool."

"Is there any marine life that should concern us?"

"My sources say no, but I'll check to make sure." Lee walked to the edge of the water.

"Your sources? That must have been some conversation." Harry slumped against the cave wall.

"Just guy talk. Some guys will kiss and tell to hear the sound of their own voices. I asked a few questions and found out about this place. They teased me some to find out who my date was, but I knew they'd never guess right in a million years. I encouraged them to make wrong guesses, didn't deny any name they mentioned. My reputation, and yours, should still be intact." Leaning down, Lee ran his fingers through the clear water. "No strange marine life, but the water is a little cooler than we usually have in bathtubs."

"But no colder than when we were under the waterfall." Harry stood up and walked over to stand beside Lee.

"No." Lee sprinkled drops on Harry's bare feet.

"Since we'll probably warm it up a bit, I think the temperature is fine." Harry dropped down beside Lee and cupped his crotch. "Tell me what you want."

"I'd like you to stretch out in the water with your head up on the sand. How about over there where the pond empties into that little stream before it flows into that hole in the cave wall. The water's a lot calmer there and looks pretty shallow. I want the water to be deep enough to cover us but I don't want to drown you." Lee dove through the waterfall, swam across the waterfall's pond, and waded into the smaller stream until he found a place he liked. "Here." He held his hand out to Harry, who had followed him from the hidden niche.

Harry waded over to join Lee. Standing in the cool water, Lee wrapped his arms around Harry and kissed him thoroughly. "I have a new goal."

"What?"

"Finding new and wonderful places to make love to you."

"You're off to a good start. Do you know if the rest of the caves are as interesting as this one?" Harry asked between kisses.

"I have it on good authority that this is the best cave for romance, but there are a lot of others just as fascinating." Lee dropped to his knees and pulled Harry with him.

Harry worked his hand between Lee's legs and fondled his cock. "It's going to feel so good."

"Always, for you." Lee leaned Harry back until their bodies were mostly covered by the water. Harry scooted them back until he was resting with his head on the dry sand. "Ready?" Harry lifted his legs and offered his body.

As he positioned himself, Lee leaned forward and kissed his lover. He enjoyed the swirling water around his balls before he penetrated Harry's body. The cool water made his skin tingle as he pushed inside and settled into a slow steady rhythm. "You're so tight and the water is cold against your hot body. Maybe we'll put a waterfall and stream in the penthouse."

"We can always bring the boat out here when you feel like making love surrounded by Mother Nature."

"I just want to stay inside you forever, to feel you squeezing the life from me." Lee's body demanded his attention and he let his thoughts drift. Inside this cave with the water providing the background music, he felt like he was alone with Harry on a deserted island. This could be their own private paradise.

"Scream for me, laddie, tell me how it feels. Your eyes tell me that you're close. No one can hear you but me and I love to know how you feel when you fuck me. Harder, laddie, fuck me harder. I want to feel all your power. Split me open with your cock."

Harry's words were driving Lee crazy, pushing him towards the brink even faster than the relentless squeezing of Harry's body. "Oh, God, Harry!" Lee cried as he pumped into his lover, letting his voice convey his ecstasy.

They lay in the water for several minutes before Harry rolled Lee to one side. "We do have to move the rocks next time," Harry complained as he rubbed his back and looked down at Lee, half in the water.

"Next time I'll bottom and lay on the rocks. Turn over and let me look."

Harry rolled over in the shallow water and groaned as he rubbed his butt. Lee ran his hand over Harry's back and buttocks and down the backs of both legs. "No permanent damage, my love, no broken skin. Just the impressions of the sand and a few pebbles." Lee gently slapped his lover's ass. "You'll live. Come on, I'm hungry, let's go have our picnic."

Standing up, Lee offered Harry a hand and pulled him to his feet and right into an embrace. "I love you," Lee whispered into the nearest ear, as he ground their crotches together and nibbled on Harry's neck.

"I love you, too, laddie, but I thought you just said you were starving. We need to work on your attention span." In spite of the words, he didn't pull out of the embrace.

Lee sighed. "I am starving, but when you're in my arms or my sight or my bed, or, especially, my ass, I forget everything else instantly. I don't think my attention span is fixable." Lee pulled back to study his lover's face and smiled.

Harry returned the smile. "Shall we go see what surprises are concealed in that basket, or do you think you can exist solely on a steady diet of semen?" Harry looked smug.

"Well, semen is pure protein, you know," Lee laughed, "but I guess I need the other food groups too, at least to keep up my strength so I'm never too weak to make love to you."

They waded through the shallow stream back into the larger pool, and swam the short distance across it to the spot where they had left the blanket and the basket, along with their clothes. They each grabbed a towel and dried off quickly.

Lee protested when Harry slipped into his shorts. "What're you putting those on for? I was looking forward to a nice view while I eat."

"I'm tired of sitting on rocks," Harry explained. "You can remove them later, should the need arise." Harry smiled and sat cross legged on the blanket. "Let's see what the ladies packed for us." He raised the lid and began removing packages and covered dishes.

Lee plopped down next to Harry, then jumped up again quickly. "Ouch! I see what you mean about rocks. How'd that pointed boulder get on the blanket?" He tossed the pebble in the water and slipped his shorts on, then sat back down. "What'd you ask for?"

"I didn't specify what kind of food I wanted, just asked for a nice lunch for two." He began opening packages and bowls. "Looks good. We have some fried chicken, cheese, carrot sticks, pickles and olives, a couple of peaches and a bunch of grapes. Here's a small loaf of French bread, with a little packet of butter. We have a jar of what looks like lemonade. Ah, look, Lee, here's a bowl of that marinated asparagus. I love this stuff." He popped one in his own mouth, then held one out for Lee to nibble.

"Ummm, good. Sounds to me like the cafeteria ladies take pretty good care of you. Bet they've all got big crushes on you." Lee selected a drumstick and took a bite, then held it to Harry's lips.

"Yes," Harry said as he chewed, "you may be right. I don't know. There are some wonderful people at the Institute, and I know they're all going to love you as soon as they have a chance to get to know you." He laughed as he poured lemonade into the two paper cups provided. "Why, before you know it, I'll bet they're cooking up delicacies for you, too." He offered more asparagus to Lee, then ate the few remaining in the bowl. They continued to feed each other until both were full and most of the food was gone.

Harry reached into the bottom of the basket for another napkin and exclaimed in surprise when he found another small covered bowl. "Now, what on earth could this be, hidden under the napkins?"

"Well, open it," Lee encouraged.

"I'll be damned, Lee. Look, they sent us a miniature cheesecake. It's just big enough for two people." He held it up so Lee could see, then rummaged in the bottom of the basket and found two plastic spoons. "My ladies thought of everything." He scooped a generous spoonful and offered it to Lee.

"Ummmm, that's great, Harry. Here, you have to taste this." Lee took the other spoon and offered Harry a huge bite.

"You're right, this is really good, but I'm full. Can't eat another bite. You finish it. I just want to take a nap after such a huge meal." He quickly put all the bowls, bags, wrapping paper, trash, and remaining food back in the basket, then stretched out on the blanket with a folded towel behind his head for a pillow.

Lee ate the rest of the cheesecake and groaned. "God, Harry, I'm stuffed. I ate too much. That nap sounds like a great idea." He put the cheesecake bowl and spoon in the basket and stretched out next to Harry. "Can I share your pillow?"

"Of course." Harry moved over to make more room for Lee. "We can't sleep long, laddie, or we'll miss the sunlight to go home."

"I know, Harry. Just a little catnap and we'll both be ready for action again." He stroked Harry's cheek.

Harry's eyes closed and he drifted to sleep almost immediately. Lee felt sated from loving Harry and from the delicious meal they had just consumed, but sleep eluded him. He let his mind drift as he watched Harry sleep. There were so many things he wanted to do and places he wanted to see, and he wanted to share everything with Harry.

Time passed during which Lee snuggled against Harry's side and watched him sleep. When Lee heard Harry sigh and felt him begin to stretch his arms and legs, Lee raised up on his elbow and watched his lover's eyes open.

Harry smiled. "How long did we sleep?" He sat up, then stood and went to the water's edge to splash the cool water in his face.

"*You* didn't sleep very long, my love, maybe thirty minutes. I wasn't as sleepy as I thought, so I just watched you. Come back over here and lay down again. I've been dreaming about what to do to you when you woke up." Lee patted the spot next to him on the blanket.

Harry smiled, then stretched and yawned again. "You're wearing me out, laddie. I still seem to be exhausted." He sat back down on the blanket next to Lee.

"Too tired to make love to me? I've been laying here watching you sleep and dreaming of your cock in my ass."

Harry's face flushed. "I'm never too tired to make love to you." He leaned forward to ravage Lee's mouth. When he finally broke the kiss, Harry looked around at the large cavern. "This isn't as private as one could wish for, but since it's getting late in the afternoon, I don't suppose anyone else is going to come along and disturb us."

"I agree. Would you feel more comfortable if we get back in the water? That would give us a little privacy." Lee stroked a finger down Harry's belly and over the erection he could see in his lover's shorts.

"I don't think so. I don't want to get back in that chilly water. When we first got here, I was a little apprehensive about someone walking in on us, but by now I've begun to think of this as our special private place. Do you mind if I make love to you right here on this blanket?"

"Harry, you can make love to me anywhere you want, anytime you want, and I'm so crazy in love with you that I could probably add, in front of anybody you want. I love you so much at this moment that I don't care who knows about us or who walks in on us."

"Lee, I hope you don't really mean that to sound so careless. We do have to constantly be on guard. Please tell me you'll be careful with what we have?"

"Oh, Harry, you know I will. I'm just so torn sometimes between what my head wants to do and what my heart wants to do. Just love me, okay?"

"Always." Their kiss was long and deep and both were breathless and fully aroused when Lee finally broke the kiss.

Harry looked around the cave, then stood up. "I need to go find the men's room. Don't go away." Harry started toward a grouping of rocks at the far end near the waterfall, and Lee decided perhaps Harry had a good idea and was looking around for his own convenient spot when he heard a shout. He looked toward the cave's entrance and saw a small skiff containing two men rowing toward him.

Lee stood and waved, then walked to the water's edge and watched the small boat row steadily toward him. He judged the two men to both be in their thirties. They were both attractive and both were dressed in casual boating clothes, shorts and knit shirts.

The one in the bow began talking before his boat even reached Lee. "Hello. I'm Billy and this is Frank, and we didn't think there'd be anybody here. We saw your flag that said you were diving. Hope we're not interrupting anything." Both men in the boat laughed.

"No, of course not. I'm Lee and my friend Harry will be back in a minute. We didn't have a flag that said we were exploring a cave and having lunch, so we just flew the diving one. We never really expected anybody to see it." Lee waded into the shallow water to steady the boat as it reached him, and guided it onto the sand. The one named Billy bounced out of the small boat and reached to shake Lee's hand. "We've been sailing all day and were on our way home, and just took a quick side trip to check out this cave we've been hearing about. It's gorgeous in here. I guess all the stories about it are true. Hi, my name is Billy," he held out his hand as Harry walked up to them.

"Hello. I'm Harry, and we were just getting ready to leave before the daylight deserts us."

"Don't leave on our account. Hello, I'm Frank," said the second visitor, jumping out of the boat. "We knew we wouldn't have time to do any exploring in here today, but we just wanted to see what it looked like and be sure of the location. Looks like you guys have been here awhile."

"Not too long," replied Harry. "We've been sailing today, too, and just stopped here to eat lunch. Sorry we don't have much left to offer you. We didn't plan on having company." Harry smiled but Lee didn't think there was any warmth in it.

"Don't worry about us," Billy said. "We've got plenty to eat on the boat out in the cove. We'll just look around and be on our way. Then we'll come back and explore it more thoroughly another day." He slapped Frank on the shoulder and they wandered off together toward the waterfall.

The face Harry turned to Lee was not a happy one. "God, Lee, do you realize what could have happened if they'd arrived ten minutes later?" Harry shuddered.

"Relax, Harry. In the first place, we'd have heard them coming in plenty of time to stop them seeing anything, and in the second place, from the looks of them, they'd probably have wanted to join in and make it an orgy." Lee smiled and wished Harry would not worry so much.

"It doesn't matter if they're like us or not, Lee. The lesson here is that we have to be more careful. Don't you understand?" Harry looked sad, but determined.

"Yes, I do understand, Harry. You can't let these guys ruin our day. It's been absolutely perfect up to now, and I refuse to let it be ruined, either by them or by you. I still want you to make love to me, and I want to make love to you again, and if we have to wait until we get back to our hotel room, then that's what we'll do. But please don't make me sorry we came here today." P> "Oh, Lee, of course I'm not sorry we came here today. You're right, it has been a perfect day, and we'll see that it's a perfect night. I just can't help it if I want us both to be cautious, to protect what we have so we can continue to have perfect days forever." Throwing caution to the winds, Harry reached out a hand and stroked Lee's cheek, then laughed when Lee glanced around quickly to see if their visitors were anywhere nearby. "Don't worry, I heard them talking as they waded behind the waterfall. We're safe for the moment."

"Harry, let's pack up our stuff and get out of here. Okay?"

"Okay."

It only took a few minutes to shake the sand out of their clothes and put them back on, and then fold up the blanket and towels. They were stowing everything in the rubber raft when Frank and Billy ambled back to them.

"This place is great," exclaimed Billy. "I can hardly wait to come back and really explore it."

"Yeah. Looks like a great place to bring a date, too," Frank noted, and he and Billy both laughed.

"It's a great place to have a picnic lunch, too," said Lee.

"And," Harry added, "it's a peaceful place to take a nap when you've stuffed yourself with too much lunch. That waterfall is very soothing." He smiled at the visitors and held out his hand to Billy and then Frank. "Sorry we can't stay longer, but we've got to leave now or we won't have enough daylight to see our way back to Santa Barbara."

"Yes, us too. Maybe we'll see you again some day. 'Bye Harry and Lee, it's been nice meeting you." Billy looked wistful.

The two couples went to their respective boats and shoved off. Lee and Billy rowed.

When each couple had reached their sailboat, the four men waved to each other across the cove.

"I think Billy wanted to have his way with you," commented Harry as they climbed on deck and tied the dinghy securely.

"No, I think he was looking at you," smiled Lee. "Who could resist your beautiful smile and wild red curls and adorable ass?" He refrained from touching Harry since their visitors were still close enough to watch them.

Harry laughed. "Just wait until I get you in a bed behind a locked door!"

Lee laughed with his lover. "That's not a threat. I can hardly wait!"

Monday 30 March 1964
The Honeymoon cottage,
San Ysidro Ranch, California

As the morning sunshine walked its way across the bedroom floor, Lee watched Harry sleep. His muscles ached as though he and Harry had not been out of bed since they returned from their sailing trip on Friday, although that wasn't exactly the case. Harry had left to take care of a private matter, leaving Lee alone for several hours the previous afternoon.

This had been the best honeymoon anyone could ask for and Lee cherished every moment of their time together. But now it was time for Cinderella to leave the ball and start living happily ever after.

Lee was concerned about Harry's refusal to discuss John Phillips' death, as well as that of the other men who had died that day. More emotions that Harry kept buried. Lee had called Lloyd for advice and was prepared to tackle the subject again this morning, and Charlie had promised to discuss the subject with Harry the following weekend. Lee debated about whether to wake Harry up or continue watching him sleep.

Deciding not to wake Harry, Lee slid out of bed and did some stretching exercises. His body protested but he ignored it. He didn't regret a single moment of the many hours he had spent loving Harry in recent days. In spite of the sore muscles, Lee knew he wanted to wake up this way every morning for the rest of his life. Running would loosen stiff muscles.

He dressed in running clothes and made arrangements for breakfast, then slipped quietly out the door and onto the beautiful grounds of the San Ysidro Ranch, one of the most beautiful places he had ever seen.

He watched the time and arrived back at their cabin just as room service delivered the breakfast cart. Lee took charge of the food cart and arranged everything on the breakfast table before he took the white rose from the vase and went to the bedroom.

Harry was sleeping on his back, his hands relaxed at his sides, and his hair in wild disarray against the pillow. Lee rubbed the fragrant flower over Harry's face, then dropped a kiss on Harry's mouth. "Wake up, sleepy head," Lee whispered.

"Ummmm. What time is it?" Harry asked without opening his eyes.

"Time for breakfast. It's on the table." Lee ran the rose down Harry's bare chest and farther down over the flaccid cock which Lee could see outlined under the sheet. "Would you rather eat in here? We could have breakfast in bed."

Harry opened his eyes and stretched, looking up at Lee. "No, I think I need to get up. Why don't you go pour the coffee while I go to the can?"

"Fine. We can shower after breakfast." Lee offered Harry a hand as he climbed out of bed.

At the table, Lee waited for his lover, at peace with himself and his world.

"Why'd you let me sleep so late?" Harry asked as he sat down.

"You needed the sleep and you looked too peaceful to disturb. Besides, I went out running and I knew you wouldn't want to go."

"A swim would be nice." Harry sipped hot coffee.

"A little stiff and sore, old man?" Lee teased.

"And you're not?"

"I have no complaints. None at all. My body loves what you do to me. But, yes, a swim would be fine." Lee drank fresh orange juice. "I want to spend some time going over the penthouse plans before we have that meeting with George Shanks this afternoon."

"Sure, Lee, anything you want." Harry poured warm syrup over his waffles.

"Do you know the current approximate cost per square foot of residential and/or commercial buildings? I'm not sure which category the penthouse falls into."

Harry munched on a strip of bacon while he considered Lee's question. "No. It's been a while since I've seen construction numbers, but George should be able to provide that. There's always something being built around the Institute."

"Knowing that figure would help me determine the size I can build on our budget. Do you know how much room you want for entertaining? How many people would you need to entertain at one time? How many people would you have at a sit-down dinner?"

"Whoa, laddie, you leave me breathless. This is our home we're planning here, remember? I'm not planning to use it for entertaining."

"But, Harry, you must be expected to entertain for business purposes from time to time. What do you do with them?"

"Well, so far we've always taken them out to fancy restaurants for dinners, or to after-hours clubs for cocktail parties, depending on what type of group we're hosting. The Institute has a membership at the local country club, and occasionally we use their facilities for something. Also, we've had smaller informal gatherings in my office. We seem to get by okay." Harry paused and looked thoughtful. "You know, I haven't thought of this in years, but when we were first planning the Institute, Jack tried to tell me I needed to make my penthouse apartment fancy enough and large enough to have parties. I always thought he was just trying to impose his extravagant lifestyle on me, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hosting dinners or cocktail parties sounds like a lot of trouble to me. Do we really want to turn our home into that kind of place?"

"Harry, I think we have to, don't you? I mean, the Nelson Institute is famous and there must be an awful lot of important people who come through. When you're trying to sell government or industry people on a new contract, don't you need to impress them? We wouldn't need to entertain very often, I shouldn't think, but it might be nice occasionally. If the Joint Chiefs of Staff came by for a tour, wouldn't they be impressed if you had them all over for dinner in your fabulous penthouse?"

Harry smiled. "See why I keep you around?" He stroked Lee's face. "Okay, make it a showplace, within reason. But above all else, the most important thing is that I want you to have a home."

"I know, Harry, but it needs to be *our* home, and that means it needs to fit into your complex life." Lee poured fresh coffee. "And speaking of your complex life, do you think we should stay here much longer?"

"Don't you like it here?" Harry reached his hands out to Lee.

"Of course I do. It's beautiful and peaceful and private, but I worry that the people at the Institute will wonder what you're doing out here with me."

"You're worried about my reputation?" Harry laughed. "Are we switching roles?"

"It's not funny, Harry. What if someone finds out?"

"Laddie, no one is going to find out. I know my security people are uptight and would prefer to have me safely locked up every night, but that's not going to happen. Chip is the only one who knows where we are, and if anyone else needs me, Chip will call." Harry drank coffee. "Besides, after yesterday, I need to be here with you."

"You didn't have to go see Mrs. Phillips alone. I wanted to go with you." Lee took Harry's cup and set it down, then took Harry's hands.

"John Phillips' death is my responsibility. Facing his widow was something I had to do. I can arrange for her financial security, all my people are carefully insured, and I can provide for her children, but I can't fill the empty spot in her bed and her life. Now that I have someone in my life, I understand how painful the loss can be."

"Harry, the chances are good that one of us will die before the other, probably suddenly and tragically, like John Phillips. It's the life we've chosen." Lee walked around to stand behind Harry. "We can't dwell on the dead, only on the living."

"Did you talk to Charlie?"

"Yes." Lee massaged Harry's shoulders. "I wasn't sure how to deal with your grief in this situation."

"And what did the good doctor recommend?" Harry asked as he relaxed into Lee's hands.

"Charlie suggested that we spend time with the Phillips' boys. He said it would serve the dual purpose of helping the Phillips, plus give me the opportunity to learn about the relationship between an adult and a child, since I've never been around children and will never father a child."

"What did he suggest we do with these children?"

"He recommended activities that we already enjoy that the boys would enjoy also, such as sailing or fishing. Maybe we could take them to Disneyland one day. Things their father would've done; things my father never did."

Harry rose and turned into Lee's arms. "I wish it wasn't so hard for you -- with your father."

"As Charlie reminded me, I have to deal with my father just like you have to deal with the death of your men and the enemies you've killed. Don't argue. I know how much you value life, any life, and that killing does not come easy to you." Lee brushed his lips against Harry's forehead.

"So, we plan some things to do with the boys?"

"Yes, and soon. Remember, they've lost a father."

Harry nodded.

"Harry, promise me you'll spend some time with Charlie next weekend. I love you too much to be objective about your emotional issues."

"I promise." Harry lifted his face, then pulled Lee's mouth down. "Let's go for a swim before we drive into Santa Barbara."

Monday 30 March 1964
Santa Ysidro Ranch, California

"Why are you so tense tonight, laddie?" Harry asked as he ran his hands across Lee's shoulders. It was late. They had taken a long walk after dinner, holding hands in dark corners of the secluded hotel grounds before returning to their cottage.

"I think it's a reaction to the enormity of the Institute. I haven't quite taken it all in." Lee turned in Harry's arms and kissed him. Their room was peaceful and safe and Lee wanted their home to be the same way. He wanted elegant furniture and the impressive view, but mostly he wanted the serenity of Charlie's and Lloyd's home, the only real home Lee had ever experienced.

"Are you sure, Lee?" Harry's blue eyes demanded a truthful answer.

"I want our lives to be lived together, and sometimes I just can't believe it's happening the way I dreamed. Sometimes I expect the coach to turn back into a pumpkin."

"Would you like me to massage your back?"

Dropping a kiss on Harry's mouth, Lee nodded. "I'd like that very much."

"Get the stuff while I fix the bed."

In the bathroom, Lee picked up an extra large towel to lay on and a hand towel for Harry's use, then selected an herbal scented oil. Back in the bedroom, he saw Harry had removed the heavy bedspread, turned down all the covers and replaced lamp light with a dozen candles. Most of the flowers were still in their arrangements, making the room glow in white.

Lee smoothed the large towel over the bottom sheet, then undressed and stretched out on his stomach. In a few moments, Harry settled across Lee's legs, warm flesh against warm flesh.

"Your muscles are so tight I could bounce a quarter off your shoulders," Harry commented as he rubbed his fingers across Lee's back. "Maybe you should tell me what caused all this tension."

"I told you, I think it's the awesome size of your business. This afternoon I listened to you and George Shanks talk about millions of dollars like it was Monopoly money." Lee tried to relax.

"What do you think about George?"

"I think it's obvious he doesn't like me."

"On what do you base that observation?" Harry's voice was sharp.

"He was very cold, and I got the clear impression he disapproved of me and the penthouse project," Lee said, warning himself to be cautious.

"I think you misread him, laddie. I've known George for a long time and I trust him. He seemed friendly enough, I thought, in a very professional way." Harry eased up on massaging Lee's shoulders. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Maybe it's just because I'm new here and your people need time to get to know me."

"You had to prove yourself to your crew and now I guess you have to prove yourself to the other employees. It won't take them any longer than *Seaview's* crew." Harry worked farther down Lee's back.

Lee lay quietly and wondered how he and Harry could have been in the same room at the same time with the same man and drawn such opposite conclusions. From the introductory handshake to the end of the meeting, Shanks had been cold, stern and distant, and once or twice Lee thought Shanks had been arrogant and rude. Lee first wondered if Shanks harbored romantic feelings for Harry, but Lee didn't see any evidence to support that hypothesis. Obviously, Shanks disapproved of Lee, but why? Lee could find no answers in the afternoon's discussions, which had included the penthouse project.

Shanks had suggested that another man in accounting be assigned to supervise the penthouse and Lee, but Harry had insisted that Shanks work directly with Lee at every step of the project. Lee remembered that Shanks clearly did not like that arrangement and even protested, but Harry was adamant. Harry wanted Shanks to work with Lee, end of discussion.

Now all Lee had to do was figure out if Shanks truly disliked him on a personal basis, or if the antagonism was based on some other reason. What if Shanks was jealous? It didn't necessarily have to be sexual, it could just be because Lee was hired in at a high position. Maybe Harry was paying Lee a salary that Shanks had struggled for years to reach. What if Shanks tried to come between him and Harry somehow? Lee prayerfully hoped that Shanks' attitude today was the result of a headache, and that he would be easier to work with in the future.

Harry popped Lee's ass. "Whatever you're thinking about, stop it. You're tensing up again."

Lee took a deep breath. "It's the million details of building the penthouse. They're all running around in my head."

"Well, stop thinking about it. Do your usual good job and everything will be fine. Now turn over for me. I want to do your neck and upper arms from the front."

With Harry's help, Lee turned over, careful to keep his oily back on the towel.

Harry leaned forward and captured Lee's mouth. "This way I can kiss you."

"You have wonderful hands, old man, and a wonderful mouth."

As he dug into tight shoulder muscles, Harry asked, "You said earlier that you were afraid sometimes the coach would turn into a pumpkin. Do you think of yourself as Cinderella?"

Lee felt the heat rise in his face. "I must be slipping. I didn't mean for you to pick up on that."

"Then you do see yourself as Cinderella?"

"Not literally, Harry. I've never dressed in women's clothes, nor have I ever had a desire to do so. However, I did have a wicked stepmother who pushed me away into a dark lonely corner." He smiled. "Then, there was you as Prince Charming who opened a whole new world to me."

"So you see us dancing until midnight, then me running away and you searching until you found me?" Harry's hands were still. "It's only a children's story, Harry, not the deep thoughts of a great love. Yet when I was looking for you after Hawaii, I'd see the book at a book store or see the name on a movie marquee. After a while, the story of Cinderella came to mean a promise that if I could only find you, we could live happily ever after."

"And do we?"

"So far, I've never been happier in my life. As far as the future is concerned, I think it depends on both of us and how hard we're willing to work at our relationship. It'll take both of us doing all the things Chip told us to do and all the things Charlie and Lloyd have taught us, like being aware of each others' needs, to make it work. But if we both want it to work, it will." Lee reached up and brought Harry's head down. "As long as I can kiss you and feel your body respond to me, I'll know it's working."

Tuesday 31 March 1964
Santa Ysidro Ranch, California

The next morning Lee sat at the breakfast table with the original penthouse blueprint spread out in front of him plus Harry's doodles in his hand, trying to decide how to put their home together. With approximate figures from Shanks, Lee calculated the square footage, and discovered his budget should cover everything they needed, including landscaping. Now all he had to do was arrange the rooms and decide on the size of everything.

Lee reached for his cup and discovered his coffee was cold, so he stepped to the counter and started a fresh pot. Before it had finished perking, he heard water running in the bathroom. Lee studied his notes until the coffee was ready, then poured two cups and waited for Harry.

"Morning, lover," Lee greeted as he rose to embrace Harry. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, kissing Harry.

"Not only am I sleeping well, I seem to be sleeping much too late each morning." Harry drew Lee into a deep kiss. "I suppose you've already been running this morning."

"No, I thought we'd go swimming when you were ready, but I wanted to have a rough floor plan sketched out so I can call the architect and make an appointment for when we get back from San Francisco. I want to get the construction started as soon as possible. If I have to tie you to that chair, we're going to discuss the floor plan."

"You're going to tie me to the chair?" Harry chuckled as he ran his hands over Lee's body. "I might enjoy that."

"You're a dirty old man," Lee stammered, "but I love you. Now sit, before your coffee gets cold."

Sipping coffee, Harry leaned back in his chair. "Okay, tell me what you've done so far."

"I want our bed to face the ocean, so I decided to start there. I want a fireplace in the bedroom and plenty of room for the furniture we choose. I also want a small table in front of the windows so we can have breakfast or dinner there, if we want." Lee handed Harry a sheet of paper with a sketch of his idea. "I also want a bathroom layout like in this cottage, except I want it to be part of the room rather than a separate room."

"How do you mean?"

"I want a huge gorgeous tub sitting in an open space, so we can have fish tanks on at least two sides, and create a really relaxing atmosphere. Then I want double sinks in front of a large mirror, close to our closet."

"Why all the open space?"

"I've been thinking about that. We've spent most of our lives in cramped quarters on board ships or at schools. I think here, in what will be the first home either of us has created, we should provide ourselves with an entirely different environment."

"Are you sure we'll be comfortable in all that open space?"

"Yes. That is, unless you have some phobias I don't know about."

"No." Harry laughed. "Go on."

"I've put a study for you behind our bathroom. You'll have to tell me exactly how you want it arranged, as to placement of windows and built-in bookshelves. I can't place everything to look out over the ocean."

"Tell me the rest and I'll think about my study."

Lee poured fresh coffee. "Okay. I have the elevator opening into a small foyer with large double doors which lead into the combined living/dining room. This is our main living area where we'll do our entertaining, and I want to put the dining table near the window wall. On the east wall, I want a huge fireplace with built-in bookcases on both sides. Maybe all around the fireplace could be stone. Behind that wall will be the kitchen, which will be big enough for a breakfast nook and a laundry room and a pantry and things like that. I think it'd be great to have a small patio off the kitchen where we could sit outside and eat breakfast on sunny days. We'd have lots of landscaping, of course, potted trees and hedges for privacy.

"I like that. What about your space?"

"I thought I'd use the same basic floor plan as for the master suite, with the bed near the west wall of windows facing the ocean. It'll make a spectacular guest room, while looking like my bedroom. I'll put walls around the bathroom in there, rather than having it be part of the room, with a door into the hallway so it can be used by visitors in the living room. Behind that bathroom, I thought I'd put a small study for me, which could also double as another guest room, and behind that a gym. We could include a hot tub and sauna along with some exercise equipment. I'll put an additional stairway on that end somewhere, so we'll have an alternate escape route."

"Are you happy with this? It looks so huge and elaborate." Harry looked at the sketches.

"I think this meets all our needs. We'll have three ways to enter or exit. We can entertain our friends or business associates and still maintain our privacy and security. I've used the same space on each end for bedrooms and studies. I'll make sure there are provisions for plenty of insulation and soundproofing. I'll use the same reflective glass for all the windows to insure privacy and conserve energy." Lee scribbled more notes on his sketches, then looked up at Harry's face. "So, what do you think?"

"I think it all sounds fabulous, especially your idea for the open bathtub area in the master bedroom." He smiled. "I can see you've already given this project a lot of thought. It's much more elaborate than I would ever have designed, but I think it's a home that we can both enjoy very much."

Lee stood and pulled Harry up into an embrace. "Really, Harry? Do you really mean it, or are you just humoring me because this is the first project you've assigned me?"

"I really mean it, Lee. I wouldn't lie about spending this kind of money just to humor you. Meet with the architect and work out the final design, then show it to me again. I heartily approve of all your ideas so far." He kissed Lee. "I have an idea, too. Something I thought of that you might want to add to your plans." Harry smiled and Lee could see the devilish twinkle in the blue eyes.

"Oh? What's that?"

"A cinder track that you could run on. Shouldn't cost much or be very difficult to install."

"A track? Where? On top of the building, you mean?"

"Yes. If you had a four foot wide track laid down all the way around the edge of the roof, it'd make a track about a quarter mile long. I could sit in a comfortable lounge chair on our patio with a tall cool drink in my hand and watch you run by me in your tightest short shorts." Harry laughed and Lee joined in.

"Harry, looks like I'm not the only one with good ideas for our home. I think that's a great idea. I'll add it to my landscaping plans." He gave Harry a quick hug. "And what would you do when I finished my run and stood in front of you panting and dripping sweat."

Harry's face flushed. "Uh, well, I'm sure I'd think of something."

"I'm sure you would. You always do."

Disneyland Hotel
Anaheim, California
Thursday 2 April 1964

"As much as I love finally being here in the Disneyland Hotel, Harry, I'd really rather be over in the park." Lee watched as Harry shaved, clad only in a towel. "It's a place I've always wanted to explore, and having you here to share it with me makes it even more special. And according to this," he brandished a brochure he was holding, "we can ride the monorail right to the submarine."

"Do you know you sound just like a little kid?" Harry murmured as he removed whiskers and foam from his face. "You've been absolutely impossible the past couple of days, ever since I agreed to this trip." He chuckled. "What am I going to do with you?" Lee growled and reached for Harry's towel, but Harry slapped the hand away. Lee sighed and leaned against the bathroom door. "Have I been that bad?"

"Terrible, absolutely terrible." Harry looked at Lee's face and laughed. "Oh, come on, Lee, lighten up. You know every day we've spent together has been wonderful. The last couple of days have been very special, and very peaceful, just taking it easy at the hotel, swimming and relaxing and making love. We'll go visit your playland very soon. We haven't even had breakfast yet. Relax, we have all day." Harry laughed, his blue eyes twinkling.

"Aren't you excited even a little bit?"

"From the sparkle in your eyes, I'd have to say I'm not as excited as you are. What makes Disneyland so special? Is it part of the Cinderella thing?"

"Please don't tease me about that. Even though I hadn't intended to you tell about Cinderella, I hope I'm not going to be sorry that I did." Lee walked to the bedroom window and looked at the Magic Kingdom.

"Lee," Harry said quietly, "look at me."

Lee turned to face his lover.

"I wasn't teasing you, but Cinderella seems to be an important symbol for you and I want to understand why. Don't get defensive on me. Don't lose the shy little boy that just peeked out from behind your stern adult demeanor." Harry smiled and opened his arms. "Come here."

Stepping into Harry's embrace, Lee was unprepared for Harry's movements and they tumbled onto the bed. "You did that on purpose."

Harry laughed, "And I did it very well, don't you think? I would like a proper good morning from you." The laughter turned to passion as Harry took Lee's mouth. Breathless, Lee sprinkled kisses on Harry's face. "I have the urge to go outside and play. I want to run and shout and splash water in your face."

"Commander, do you think that's proper behavior for a Naval officer of your status?"

"No, Admiral, but then neither is fucking you on a regular basis, which is what you want to do now," Lee teased. "How can you tell?"

"The fire in your eyes and the hardness of your dick under that towel." Lee captured Harry's mouth, thoroughly exploring with his tongue. "Tell me, sir, why are you so turned on?"

"Ah." Harry blushed. "This is going to sound awkward, but there's something so special about the little boy inside you, the shy looks, the innocence you let show, the trust you put in me. And that does not make me a dirty old man...".

"Harry...".

"No, let me finish. It's probably the way you feel about the Cinderella thing. It's so deeply personal that it's hard to explain. I don't get turned on by little boys, I get turned on by you when you display certain childlike characteristics."

Licking Harry's lips, Lee said, "I don't think I'll worry as long as I can turn you on this fast. Whatever it is, it can't be any kinkier than anything else we do." Lee lifted himself off Harry, then untucked the towel so he could fondle Harry's cock. "As long as you get this hard just looking at me, I'll only concern myself with taking care of you." Sliding down Harry's body, Lee licked and nibbled.

"Hmmm, I thought you said something about fucking," Harry mumbled, his fingers in Lee's hair.

"Is that what you need this morning, old man?"

"Yes. It may be the little boy that turns me on, but it's the big boy in you that satisfies me." Harry squirmed under Lee.

"Tell me what you want."

"You know." Harry's eyes were dilated and his voice was husky.

"Tell me!" Lee ordered.

"I want you to press my knees into my shoulders and ram your hot, hard cock up my ass until it comes out my mouth."

"You don't want me to work my fingers into you first, open you up?" Lee teased as he tried to remember where the lube ended up last night, when Harry had been on top.

"Just do it, damn you, or do I have to beg?" Harry was trembling with need. "You just have to wait a minute. I'm not going to fuck you dry, or with my clothes on." Lee stood beside the bed. Taking Harry's hand, Lee placed it on Harry's cock. "Hold this for a minute."

"Hurry," Harry pleaded, "please."

After dropping his clothes on the floor, Lee found lotion on the bedside table. He coated himself, then crawled back on the bed between Harry's legs. "Pull your legs up. Use both hands."

Lifting Harry's hips, Lee positioned himself, then pushed slowly. "Take me! Pull your legs apart and take me."

"Shove it in! Damn you!" Harry rolled and tilted his hips, pulling Lee forward.

"Take my cock, old man. Milk me dry." Lee pushed until he totally penetrated Harry's eager body.

"Fuck me hard. I want to feel you slam into me."

"You won't be able to sit down later."

"NOW!" Harry shouted, leaving no room for disobedience.

Needing both hands to steady himself, Lee left Harry to work his own cock. Just as Lee was about to climax, Harry ordered, "Suck me."

Lee leaned forward, impaling himself in Harry and took Harry's cock to swallow the hot cream. Lee's own body screamed for release, but Lee clamped down on his own needs to handle Harry's, then resumed the hard strokes.

After filling Harry's body, Lee dropped on top of his lover, gasping for air. "Good morning, love," Lee managed to say.

"Good morning yourself," Harry offered as he stretched his legs around Lee. "God, I love your raw power."

"Well, there's certainly nothing like a good workout before breakfast." Lee rolled onto his side, reaching for Harry's towel. "Are you okay?"

Harry smiled up at Lee. "Yeah. I just had an urgent need for you. Sometimes I can't get enough of you."

"I know. I have the same needs, but I still want to go out and play. Can we do that soon?" Lee pushed himself off the bed and offered Harry a hand.

"Would you consider me totally self indulgent if I asked you to clean me up while I lay here?"

"Yes. Now get up before I drag you to the bathroom. I'll clean you in the shower."

Later, when they were dressed, Lee kissed Harry. "If you get another attack of urgent desire, the monorail will bring us right back to our room. I'll show you the way." As they exited the elevator on the second floor, Harry grumbled, "This isn't the way to the coffee shop."

"No. It's the way to the monorail station. You can get something to eat in the park. There's a restaurant across from the submarines."

"I take it we're riding the monorail before you feed me."

"Yes, sir." Lee led the way to the monorail stop. "Can you believe all this?"

"It does look like fun."

"The difficult part is not being able to touch you." Lee led the way onto the monorail. A few minutes later, he led the way down the escalator to stand beside a chain link fence and watch the small boats move on the track and disappear under a waterfall. "Oh, look, the boats all have names. Come on, let's get in line." They followed the line of adults and children weaving their way through the maze of winding aisles made of poles and chains. "We should have worn our uniforms, Harry, then maybe I could captain our vessel."

"Lee, it runs on a track."

"Of course it does, but we're here to play. Please play with me."

"Don't do that," Harry scolded, looking at the Materhorn. "Just because you've learned my secret, don't tease me with it."

"I'm not teasing you, but I do want to play with you. If that poses a problem, we have a hotel room only minutes away. If I could get away with it, I'd kiss you right here." Lee smiled and waited until Harry smiled as well.

"Sharing personal secrets can be painful."

"So it would seem," Lee agreed as they moved to the head of the line. The attendant stopped them, asking them to wait a moment for the next boat. It was the *Nautilus*. "See, I told you it was going to be a perfect day."

Climbing down the steep ladder, Lee worked his way forward, taking the seat at the end farthest from the entry. "It's so cramped in here, I can hold your hand and no one can see."

"What else do you have planned for us?" Harry asked, lacing his fingers in Lee's, holding their hands near the floor between the seats.

"Tom Sawyer's Island, New Orleans Square, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride," Lee listed as he stared out his porthole.

"How do you know so much about this place?"

"They were building it in 1954, when I was looking for you. I followed the reports and dreamed about being here with you." Lee watched water cascade over his porthole as the boat slipped through the waterfall."

"But you never mentioned wanting to visit here."

"After I found you at the Academy and we made love and you promised we could be together, the fantasies of those long, empty months didn't matter anymore. I could have you, so I didn't need my dreams of making love to you all over this park."

"But now?"

"We were close enough that I thought now was the time to be here." Lee squeezed Harry's fingers as they listened to the story being told over the loud speaker about pirates and buried treasure while they watched the props displayed in the water. The last part of the ride included a silly sea monster, which made Lee giggle. Harry joined in the laughter and was still smiling when they climbed out of the small boat. "I want to do that again," Lee exclaimed.

"Not until I have coffee, food, and a cigarette."

"Okay, Grumpy. And maybe I can find Snow White to lighten your mood." Lee led the way to the food stand across the way from the submarine and monorail. "Sit down and smoke while I get you something to eat, but what I really want to do is kiss that pouty look off your face."

"Watch it, Commander, or I'll have you swabbing the decks."

"Aye, aye, sir," Lee waved a salute and went to the order window

. In a few minutes, he returned with coffee, orange juice, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast in a card board box. "This should improve your mood, Admiral, sir."

"I really didn't intend to be such a grouch, but sometimes the way I feel about you frightens me."

"You mean our romp on the bed this morning?"

"Yes, and I mean the effect you have on me. One minute I'm perfectly fine and then one look from you and I'm begging you to...". Harry blushed and crushed out his cigarette.

"Begging me to what?" Lee touched his foot to Harry's leg.

"See, you're teasing me again. Laddie, this is a public place. Worse than that, it's a public place full of children. What do you think all these parents would do if they knew what we did this morning in our bedroom?"

"Okay, I see your point." Lee sipped coffee and watched Harry for a moment. "I'll stop teasing you if you'll relax and try to enjoy yourself. This is part of our honeymoon and we can go to our room anytime you want, then come back later."

"You know I love you...".

"Yes."

"And you also know how it feels to have your defenses stripped away, leaving you exposed and vulnerable."

"Yes, Harry, I know. It's all part of being in love." Lee smiled.

Fingering his wedding charm, which rested on top of his blue polo shirt, Harry finished his orange juice. "Okay, laddie, let's go play."

"Are you sure?" Lee scooped their trash together and deposited it in the nearest receptacle.

"No, but I'm going to try because it means so much to you." Harry waved at the brightly colored cable cars. "Want to ride those things?"

"Sure, let's go."

From the air, Lee could see the whole park. "There are a lot of people here."

"I know. And my security people would have a fit if they knew we were here."

"Admiral, I'm not going to allow anything to happen to you." The car stopped. "Come on, we can catch the train over here. It runs around the park. Then I want to ride that big pirate ship."

While winding their way towards the *Columbia*, Lee spotted the Mad Hatter Shoppe. "Come on, Harry, we need a Mickey Mouse hat."

"No hats with ears," Harry grumbled.

"Please," Lee whispered, his lashes covering his eyes.

"Oh, all right. You know I can't say no when you ask me like that. Of course, you're usually asking me for something else."

"Yes, I am. You're so sexy when you're hard for me and I want you so bad." Lee closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When his heart rate slowed, he continued, "But right now, I want a hat with my name on it."

"Okay, laddie."

Inside the shop Lee ordered two Mickey Mouse hats with their names. Harry refused to wear his, but conceded to carry it. Standing at the rail of the *Columbia*, Lee watched the breeze ruffle Harry's soft red hair. "I know you started off today truly grumpy, but now I get the feeling that you're doing it on purpose. Are you role playing again?"

"My dear Captain, why would I want to do that?"

"For the same reason you always play games with me, even though I don't always understand why you do it." Lee moved his hand on the boat's rail until his finger was touching Harry's.

"To see how you react." Harry turned to look at Lee. "You're so playful today that I wondered if I became more grumpy, would you become more playful?"

"And?"

"The data's inconclusive, but you have been marvelous to watch, particularly in that silly hat." Harry smiled and his blue eyes sparkled.

"Maybe you should change your rules and play with me."

"Only if you promise not to revert to your grim, serious self."

"I promise," Lee laughed. "This is the Magic Kingdom where anything's possible." He paused. "Well, almost anything. I still can't hold your hand or kiss you out here."

"Laddie, the way you look at me is dangerous enough. If you looked at that pretty blonde over there the way you're looking at me, she'd probably slap your face."

"I don't care about that blonde, or any other woman."

"You're missing my point, Lee."

"Which is?"

"How you feel about me is written on your face. I can feel the intensity of your emotions even without your touch."

"And if I need to touch you?"

"Then we get off this boat and go back to our room and I'll touch you anywhere you'd like."

"But out here?" Harry shook his head.

"Then will you wear your hat?"

Harry laughed, a wonderful deep belly laugh. "I'd rather toss it overboard." He stared at the mouse ears, then settled the hat on his head. "And I suppose you want to go over there?"

"To Tom Sawyer's Island? Of course. That was the place where I had the most dreams about making love to you. In the trees, on the raft, in the water...".

"I take it we were alone in your dreams."

"Of course. Sharing you with anyone was not on my agenda."

"You've made a lot of adjustments for my needs, haven't you?" Harry was still and serious as the other passengers began to disembark.

"Not anything I haven't been able to handle." Lee watched Harry carefully.

"No, laddie, Charlie manipulated you so he could sleep with me. And we forced you to do things you didn't want to do."

When Harry didn't move, Lee placed his hand on Harry's back. "We need to go. There's a restaurant over there, let's get something to drink."

Harry was silent as they walked through the milling crowd. Leaving Harry at a table, Lee purchased lemonade, then took the seat opposite his lover. "Charlie probably did manipulate me, for whatever reason, but I'm a freer man because of the hours I've spent in his office. I've hated those hours like I hated calisthenics and philosophy, but I'm better off today because I made the best use of experiences I didn't like. I think we're lucky to have Charlie and Lloyd because I've spent many happy hours in that house as well. The only thing I regret about our relationship is the time we've spent apart."

"But I keep corrupting you with my abnormal needs." Harry watched the ice float around in his glass.

"Admiral," Lee whispered, "look at me. I haven't been corrupted by you. I love you and you meet all my needs."

"Like today, when you want to play and I can't get my head out of my ass."

"You always have a reason for what you do. Something's bothering you, either what you told me earlier or something else. It would help if we could figure out what the problem is." Lee touched Harry's leg.

"Maybe it's the wholesomeness of this place. I mean, look around. Children, the young families, the very core of middle class America. I'm reminded of what being with me has cost you."

"Sometimes, sir, I would like to hang you upside down and shake all that misplaced guilt out of you. The ring on my finger and the ten years we've been lovers are the best parts of my life. Would you condemn me to marriage with a woman I couldn't love, perhaps to father children that I would ignore while I was hanging out in sleazy bars, desperate for a cock up my ass?"

Harry shook his head.

"I'm not part of the great American dream, but I've got more than most men in the world. I have a marriage partner who loves me and a job I'm good at that I enjoy. My lover's incredible in bed and the most important problem I have today concerns my limited supply of "E" tickets." When Harry looked up, Lee explained, "All the good stuff here takes an "E" ticket."

"Lee --".

"What I'm trying to say, Harry, is that my life is almost perfect, so why do you want me to have anything else?"

"You don't ever think about wanting more? Maybe children?"

"No, I don't want children. I will help with John Phillips' children. I would enjoy bringing them here, but I have never had any desire for my own children." Lee drained his glass. "But since this isn't the first time we've had this conversation, maybe it's you who regrets not having children."

"I've never wanted any. Edith doesn't have children either. My family ends with us. Your family ends with you."

"Is that some Catholic thing? Some rule from the straight world? Is it a sin to be the last member of a family? What would I contribute to the world, to my parents, to the human being I created if I fathered a child? Or if you fathered a child?"

"It's the natural order of things."

"So is survival of the fittest, but I don't believe in leaving old people alone to die in the snow or any other barbaric practices of mankind. I want to live my life to the best of my ability, do the best job I can, which hopefully means keeping peace in the world, and grow old with you. That does not make me an immoral degenerate. For whatever reason, we are not part of the natural order of things. Maybe God made a mistake when he made us so we could love each other, but even Chip can't accept that logic. What if God made us this way on purpose so we could do things in the world that couldn't be done by the natural order of things? What if we're special?"

"That doesn't make any sense." Harry twisted a napkin in his fingers.

"Why doesn't it? If you could look at the world without all that Catholic guilt Charlie talks about all the time, maybe you could see that there's no rule that makes us defective human beings, so why can't we be special human beings designed this way on purpose." Lee took Harry's glass and drank the remaining lemonade.

"I could never reach a conclusion like that, but I will concede you make a strong argument. I know you don't have a religious background, but you must have something you believe in."

"You mean God?"

"Maybe."

"I don't know. I don't think I believe in anything. It would be nice to have a place for bad guys and another place for good guys and a perfect judge to decide who goes where, but Harry, I just don't believe it."

"Do you believe there's something after death?"

"I don't know, but I do believe that our love is so strong that death can't destroy it. If there is anything after death, we'll be together." Lee pushed his chair back, gathered their trash and put it in the bin. "Come on, I'll buy you a balloon and you can contemplate the meaning of air."

Harry shrugged and tried for a smile. "Okay. I want a red one."

After fastening the balloon to Harry's wrist, Lee said, "Look, over there, the tree house from Swiss Family Robinson."

"Would you like to climb it?"

"Maybe." Lee peered around the tree trying to see around the bend. "I think that's the Jungle River Ride."

"More boats?"

"More boats. Let's go see."

After the third really bad joke by their jungle guide, Lee was laughing. "Will you get into the spirit of this place? Can you imagine having a job where you have to prattle that ridiculous dialog for eight hours a day? I mean, these guys must really enjoy working here."

Chuckling, Harry nodded. "They do work hard to make it seem special, but those jokes are so bad."

"Watch your balloon," Lee instructed as they stepped off the jungle boat. "Let's see what's around this way."

"Tiki Room." Harry read the sign. "What's a Tiki Room?"

"I don't know, but it's an "E" ticket, so it must be good."

Inside the fence was a waiting area and a clock that said the next show was in ten minutes.

After the show, Harry led the way to the nearest bench, where he burst into laughter. "Lee, that's the most obscene thing I've ever seen. I can't believe that Walt Disney would put something like that in this park for children."

"The children didn't seem to see what you saw."

"And did you see it? All those phallic symbols and wagging tongues. God, it made me hot watching that column of water rise up, tall and hard and proud, like your cock. It took all my self control to keep my hands out of your lap."

"Do you want to go back to the room?" Lee asked.

"No. I had you for breakfast. I can probably wait until dinner. Let's go play on Tom Sawyer's Island."

~~~~~ end ~~~~

Coming next: Lee and Harry go to Charlie and Lloyd's for the party Lloyd promised.