Title: The King-Size Bed

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Fandom: Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea

Pairing: Harriman Nelson/Lee Crane

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Note: Just a snippet since it's St. Patrick's Day.


The King-Size Bed
by Carol

Lee Crane walked into Admiral Harriman Nelson's penthouse in front of his world famous boss. They were on shore leave and planned to spend the next couple of days enjoying the coastal waters in the SILVER DREAM. Crane had brought a case of Nelson's favorite brew in honor of
St. Patrick's Day, pleasing the Irishman a great deal.

"Put your things in the guest bedroom, Lee. You know where everything is."

Lee Crane had visited the penthouse many times, usually to stay overnight if the two friends were going sailing the next morning, but he stopped in amazement when he saw the new king-size bed which had come to live in Nelson's guest bedroom. Crane turned around with a questioning look. "When did that arrive?"

Nelson smiled and with a mischievous brogue said, "Oh, me fine boyo, 'tis a present to me self for St. Paddy's Day."

Crane smiled back. "Well, I would say that you've done well for yourself - a new bed and a case of the finest!" Both men looked over at the case that Crane had brought with him.

Nelson laughed. "Well actually Lee, I got the bed so that my lover and I could . . . uh be comfortable together in whichever bedroom we wanted."

Crane's handsome face suddenly became deadly serious as his hazel colored eyes took on a look filled with such pain that he could not hold the Admiral's gaze. Crane dropped his chin to his chest and murmured, "Oh, maybe I better not stay after all."

Nelson said nothing, but he used his left hand to gently raise Crane's chin so that the sad eyes were looking directly into his blue eyes. Nelson's gaze was filled with love and affection. "Lee, I . . . I don't have a lover right now to fill the emptiness in the new bed.. . . would you like to apply for the job?"

For a moment Crane did not understand the implications of the question; then he smiled his million dollar smile. Breathing a sigh of relief, the slender figure drew the stocky man into his arms and proclaimed, "Would I!"

The two men locked themselves in an ecstatic embrace. After several minutes of kissing, nuzzling, and caressing the two broke apart; Nelson smiled in ecstasy. "Happy St. Patrick's Day, my love!"

Shyly Crane looked into his Admiral's eyes, "Thanks Admiral. How about we test out the new bed to see if it passes muster?"

Four-star Admiral Harriman Nelson leaned over and kissed his Captain quickly and then took off for the bedroom. "Last one naked and in bed has to pilot the SILVER DREAM tomorrow!"

Lee Crane immediately realized that the Admiral had taken advantage of the kiss and though he was quite willing to do the sailing, he couldn't allow his Admiral to think that he had gotten the better of him so he yelled out, "Hey, no fair, the leprechauns will get you for that and take away all your gold."

By the time Crane got to the bed, the Admiral was sprawled out on the bed naked, looking very delicious. Nelson looked up at the rapidly disrobing man and responded, "Oh, it's all right if they take my gold as long as they don't take you." - then he pulled the younger man into his arms and conversation ceased.


THE END