Title: The Green Tent and How to Camp In a Penthouse

Author: Carol

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: PG 13

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: This is a ficlet to go with the Photo Pic Challenge of Corinna's green tent.



The Green Tent and How to Camp In a Penthouse
by Carol


It had been a long and dangerous mission for the SEAVIEW, but now the gray lady was in her home berth at Santa Barbara. The crew had already been granted a two week shore leave because some refitting was badly needed to correct the damage that an extremely large coelenterate had given to the lady's titanium hull when the creature had tried to get "up close and personal". Fortunately everything had turned out well, but the entire crew was now feeling the effects of the stress as well as the exhaustion of a dangerous mission.

The slender figure of SEAVIEW's Captain was the epitome of that exhaustion. Not only did he have to command the vessel through the "little wrestling match" with the coelenterate, but when the ballast tanks had sprung several leaks, the Captain had endured the cold waters and the pressure to help the C. O. B. seal the leaks.

As a result, the Captain was almost like a walking zombie when they reached port. He had been injured when the coelenterate had "kissed" SEAVIEW the first time, but had told no one. His entire beautiful body was now feeling the effects of the encounter.

Although Lee Crane thought no one had noticed his slouched posture and his frequent grimaces, he had not counted on Chip Morton or Admiral Harriman Nelson. Chip Morton had advised his friend to visit sick bay and let Jamie take a look. That suggestion - in and of itself - showed the depth of Morton's concern since Morton hated going to sick bay and knew that his friend felt the same way. Crane immediately rejected the suggestion and continued on duty, thus resulting in his adventure in the ballast tank.

Harriman Nelson, on the other hand, knew that unless he ordered his beloved friend to go to sick bay that nothing would get him there, so he decided it would be much better for the Captain to get total rest during the upcoming shore leave at the end of the mission which had now been curtailed due to trial by coelenterate-combat.

Watching his beautiful friend try to hide his aches and pains, Nelson suggested something special for their upcoming shore leave. "Lee, after we get SEAVIEW berthed, why don't you and I relax on the Silver Dream for a day or two and then go camping? You remember my friend, Bob Phillips - well, I talked to him before we left, and he told me about an absolutely great spot to pitch a tent on his property. We could fish or just relax. I don't know about you, but after taking on that coelenterate, I'm ready for some relaxation and, as much as I hate to say it - away from the water!"

Lee Crane laughed. He loved to spend time with his dynamic Admiral. Truthfully, he had been in love with the beautiful red-haired genius since he had served with him on the Nautilus, but since becoming Captain of SEAVIEW, Crane had been comfortable with his status as best friend - though his yearnings for more intimacy with the blue-eyed Admiral had not diminished.

"That sounds great. Being on Silver Dream will give me a chance to practice my sailing skills and relax too."

So the great plans for the shore leave had been put in place. Crane was to bring the food and drinks and Nelson was to provide everything else. Due to complete exhaustion, however, the two men decided to sleep at home the night that they returned to Santa Barbara and only go out on the Silver Dream, the next morning.

When Nelson woke up the next morning, however, the day was absolutely dark and gray, because sunny California was having a weather pattern which would cause heavy precipitation for the next week. Not only was Nelson disappointed that he couldn't take out the Silver Dream and be with Lee, but this, totally, destroyed his plans to convey his feelings to Lee Crane during their planned sail and camping adventures.

Harriman Nelson, the well-known genius, however, was not about to miss an opportunity to be with his friend, let alone have a chance to become closer to the beautiful body that was his friend. Nelson sat down with a mug of coffee and began to think. Soon, he came up with a plan which he hoped would achieve his goal of getting his gorgeous Captain into his bed - or at least his sleeping bag.

Nelson called Crane and invited him to the penthouse for brunch. It was obvious that Crane was disappointed that they couldn't go sailing, but he was happy to spend his time with the man he admired and loved, no matter where they did so.

When Crane arrived at the penthouse an hour and a half later, he was greeted at the door by a smiling Nelson, who looked incredibly handsome dressed in casual clothes.

"Come in, Lee. I'm really sorry we couldn't go out on the Dream or go camping, but I thought this might be the next best thing."

Moving back from the doorway, Nelson waved his hand towards the large green tent which had been set up in the even larger living room of the penthouse. Lee looked at the tent with a stunned expression, and for a moment the Admiral thought he had made a mistake, but Crane's words quickly dispelled this idea.

"Oh, Admiral. What a great idea. Now if you could only get the Silver Dream to float in your bathtub!!!" Both men laughed.

The rest of the morning went very well. The two men enjoyed a sumptuous brunch that Nelson had put together. They had spent much of the time talking and enjoying each other's company as they did anytime that they were able to get some time to themselves. Throughout the afternoon and into the evening, the rain ceased to let up, in fact, sometimes so heavy that it obliterated the scenery outside. Both men began to feel that they were isolated from the rest of humanity even though they were nestled in the heart of the Nelson Institute.

As it got later in the evening, the air suddenly was filled with tension, but Crane was not sure why. His Admiral, who had been so friendly and outgoing, suddenly became nervous and unsure of himself. Noticing that the Admiral's face seemed paler than usual, Crane asked, "Admiral, are you feeling all right?"

"What. . . oh, sure. I guess I was just thinking that maybe that tent was a stupid idea. I'm sure you would rather be comfortable in the guest bedroom than sleeping in a tent. After all, you got bumped around pretty good on this last mission, and I'm sure that tent won't help your aches."

Crane looked into the depths of the blue eyes and saw the affection and apprehension there. "Admiral, it's fine with me if we sleep in the tent, but if you would rather sleep in your own bed, I can understand that." Shyly the beloved Captain smiled continued, "But to tell you the truth, I was kind of looking forward to sleeping in the tent."

The blue eyes looked at him quizzically and asked, "Why? Why would you want to do that when you must be hurting?"

Lee Crane took a deep breath, exhaled, and then said, "Because I like to be near you."

Silence reigned for several seconds, then Nelson responded - almost shyly, "Thank you,
Lee. That means a great deal to me. I like to have you around me, even when we aren't on duty. I . . .have wanted to tell you something for a long time, but I didn't know how you would react. I've been so afraid that you would take it badly, and . . . and I would lose your friendship - and that, I couldn't stand."

With those words, Lee Crane got up from his chair and went to sit by his friend. Reaching up with his hand, he gently caressed the rugged face of the man that he loved so much. He took his left thumb and gently drew it across the luscious lips of the beautiful Admiral, then leaned forward and brushed his lips against the Admiral's in a gentle motion.

Suddenly, the two men were locked in a breath taking embrace. They stayed locked in each other's arms until their air ran out, then separated only far enough to be able to inhale. For the next several minutes, the two men's tongues dueled with each other. Nelson's tongue engaged the entire interior of Crane's mouth, and then began to lave the graceful neck and earlobe of his love. The only sounds heard were moans and groans emanating from both men.

Crane's hands roamed all over the Admiral's body. It was obvious that Crane wanted to touch every single inch of flesh on his friend's body. Soon the two men were in a race to rid each other of their clothes. Within seconds, both men were naked, writhing on the floor, grinding their cocks against each other to create more friction. Suddenly, the curly haired brunet leaned over and took the hard erection of his lover into his mouth and sucked with all the passion he could muster. Within a short time, Nelson climaxed in a thunderous orgasm which drained both men.

Nelson returned to consciousness quickly and noticed that his beloved Lee's gorgeous organ was still hard, and that his friend was obviously in pain.

"Come here, love."

Pulling the golden-tanned body into the green tent, Nelson gently took the burgundy-colored penis in hand. With just a few strokes and kisses, the Captain reacted with a cataclysmic orgasm. The two men lay entwined in each other's arms for several minutes. Finally, Nelson got up and got a warm towel to cleanse their bodies of the semen and sweat that had resulted from their ecstasy.

Fortunately, the sleeping bags had not been in the tent when all the activity had taken place, so that Nelson was able to clean up the tent floor rather easily. He then helped Lee get into an oversize sleeping bag that had been left near by and then slid in as well. Taking the beautiful body of his lover into his arms, Nelson kissed Crane's hair and forehead.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart. We'll talk more tomorrow"

Sleepily, Lee Crane mumbled, " Hope we do more than just talk. Thanks for a wonderful camping trip. Glad that I'm here."

Nelson laughed and kissed the sensuous lips of his friend. "Me too, my dear one, me too."


THE END