Title: Lola - Who?

Author: Carol

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Note: This is a WHN at the end of the episode, Escape From Venice.



Lola - Who?
by Carol

After Lee Crane finished singing the melody that had cost two lives, Lee Crane and Harriman Nelson went to Nelson's cabin.

The two men sat down and discussed what Crane had endured while in Venice.


With a look of concern Nelson asked, "How long did Jamie say that you were going to have to wear that sling?"

With his usual smile, Crane laughed and said, "Well, I tried to take it off, but Jamie said at least two days."

"Hmm, that's good because I want my crewman ready when we go out on the SILVER DREAM in a week or so."

Crane stood up as if to go. "No problem with that sir, I'll be ready."

Just as Crane got to the door, Nelson asked. "Lee, how many of the female personnel at the Institute do you call by their first name and how many call you, Lee?"

Crane turned just in time to see the twinkle in the blue eyes. "Well sir, practically all of them. It's just because they are so intimated by their red-haired boss that they feel that they can relax with me."

Nelson gave a snort and stood up laughing. "Oh that's a good one, Captain Crane. I know very well that you have dated several of them and have invited all of them to think of you as their good friend. You actually encourage them to think of you as 'Good Old Lee' so they'll come to you and you picture me as the Ebenezer Scrooge of the science world; just like you did with Lola Hale just a few minutes ago. You notice I call her Miss Hale?" Crane grinned, then he took his good arm and put it around the waist of the stocky man. "I know I do sir, but there's a good reason. I don't want them throwing themselves at you and falling in love with their boss - so I run interference - as they would say. Besides, Admiral, you don't have to worry. I'm crazy in love with someone already so I won't be falling for those girls even if they do try to get to you through me."

"Oh, you're already in love with someone?"

Crane dropped his voice to a whisper, leaning over to nuzzle the Admiral's neck. "Yeah, but I don't usually call him by his first name - I do call him lover and sweetheart sometimes."

Nelson smiled and looked into the hazel eyes. "And does he like that?"

Crane's face lit up. "Oh yeah, he loves it, then he let's me do just anything I want with him."

"Very well, Captain Crane, I will take your word for it that those girls mean nothing to you, but I need a demonstration of your technique with this lover of yours. Would that be all right?"

The million dollar smile lit up Crane's face and as he sucked on the Admiral's earlobe, he murmured, "Come on, sweetheart - I'll show you why, even with my wounded wing, I keep my lover satisfied."


THE END

wsh2@webtv.net