Title: Hot One

Author: Silk

Fandom: Velvet Goldmine

Pairing: Curt/Brian

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Curt and Brian make up for all the time they've lost.

Archive: If I sent it to you, please feel free.

Email: silkn1@att.net

Series/Sequel: This is a sequel to Baby's On Fire.

Disclaimer: Velvet Goldmine and its characters belong to Miramax and Todd Haynes. Not me. This work is not for profit.

Warnings: m/m, occasional bad language, angst, and blatant mush.


Hot One
By Silk

It was a fair walk to the nearest decent hotel, but Curt didn't mind. Brian seemed drowsy and Curt slung an arm around his waist, content to let him rest his head on his shoulder as they strolled slowly down the street. The streets were deserted, the street lamps few and far between. But the stars had come out at last, twinkling in the midnight sky over their heads. Curt
took it as an omen of sorts. For now, at least, the gods were smiling upon them.

They completed the trip in companionable silence. But when Curt stopped in front of the hotel, he glanced nervously at Brian. "Maybe you should do the talking, Bri."

"Me? I'm just a kid from Birmingham, Curt. Not any better than you."

"Look at me, man. I'm a mess. How can I walk in there like this?"

Brian set his mouth mutinously, his lips pouting, and Curt had to consciously resist the urge to kiss him. "Now who's worried about what other people think?"

Curt dropped his eyes and flushed. "You're right. Fuck 'em."

"Besides," Brian bent forward to whisper conspiratorially, "you're still the most delicious piece of ass I've ever seen in black leather."

That made Curt laugh. Brian grinned. "And you still can't take a bloody compliment without blushing like a girl."

"You got me, man."

Brian's smile faded gradually. "Yeah, I do."

Curt rubbed Brian's cheek with his thumb and Brian leaned into the caress, the tip of his tongue visible behind his front teeth. "I want to kiss you so bad."

"Save it for when we get upstairs," Brian murmured. He began to walk away and for a moment, Curt didn't move, transfixed by the gentle swagger of Brian's hips. Brian didn't just walk, he flowed, and sometimes it was a pleasure just to be able to watch him.

When Brian reached the door of the hotel, Curt whistled appreciatively. Brian looked over his shoulder, a distinctly come-hither expression on his face. "You coming?"

"I sure hope so," Curt said, giving his lover a heated glance.

*****

Checking in wasn't nearly as arduous a task as Curt had assumed it would be. The clerk was evidently more than used to the eccentricities of the rich and famous, even if he apparently didn't recognize either one of them.

Since they didn't have any luggage, they were able to make it safely to their room without an escort. It was a large suite with all the usual amenities. It took most of the money Brian had left, a fact that Curt protested in vain, but Brian thought it was worth it. "*You're* worth it, Curt."

"I'm not, man. I don't know how you can even think anything *good* about me. I-"

Brian's light blue eyes softened perceptibly. "I told you. I love you."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"You're a crazy fucker, you know that?"

"You can kiss me now...if you want."

"Oh, I want. I want very much."

They kissed, tentatively at first, then more urgently, for several seconds. Then all at once, Brian broke away, giggling. That sputtery cigarette- and alcohol-induced laugh made Curt shudder with need. It was just one of the many things he'd missed during the past couple of years. "Do that again."

"What?"

"That laugh."

Brian shook his head, but chuckled anyway. "Take your clothes off. We can have everything washed while we're in the bath."

"Oh, yeah? What do you mean, *we*, huh?" Curt asked, his lips curving into an irresistible smile.

"You don't think I'm going to let you go in there by yourself, do you?"

Brian moved closer, if that were even possible, and crossed his arms behind Curt's neck. "You might get lost...or forget to wash behind your ears...or something."

Curt pulled Brian's shirt out of the back of his pants, much to Brian's surprise, and that provoked yet another fit of the giggles. "I can undress myself."

"Yeah, but it's more fun when I get to do it."

Brian began to slide Curt's shirt off his shoulders. "I see what you mean."

*****

Five minutes later, they were standing naked in the bathroom. Their clothing had been carefully folded and placed outside the door of the suite. A hurried call to Housekeeping produced someone to collect it momentarily.

"I feel clean already," Curt teased, glancing at the oversized tub that dominated the bathroom. Brian found one of the tiny bottles of shampoo that the hotel provided and opened it. With a delicate sniff, he pronounced it fit for Curt's hair. "It smells like fruit," Brian laughed, his eyes dancing merrily.

"Thanks, brat," Curt replied. "You sure you want to use that on me? You're the one who's going to be stuck smelling it all night long."

"Yeah," Brian said. For a second, Curt was concerned that Brian was having second thoughts about rekindling their relationship. But then he saw the shy smile that tugged at the corners of Brian's mouth and he knew his fears were groundless.

"Will you hold me all night?"

"If that's what you want, Bri."

Brian chewed on his bottom lip and Curt didn't know how much longer he could wait to get Brian into a real bed. "You're looking at me funny."

"Just memorizing your face, man."

"You don't have to. You're going to stay with me, right?" Brian asked almost anxiously.

"Forever."

"Just checking," Brian said with an audible sigh of relief.

"Check away, baby. I'm not going anywhere."

The next thing Curt knew, he was soaking wet. With a maniacal cackle that sent shivers down Curt's spine, Brian had pushed Curt into the tub, soaking both of them. "Hey! No fair! You get your ass in here, too!" Curt shouted, flailing his arms and legs.

"Hey, you're getting me even wetter!"

"That was the general idea."

Curt reached out with one long muscular arm and pulled Brian on top of him. Their combined weight displaced most of the water in the tub, flooding the floor. "You're never going to get clean this way, Curt."

Curt sighed as his lips met Brian's again. "I really don't care. As long as you can stand to be near me, I'm a happy man."

"Are you?" Brian asked, twirling a damp strand of Curt's dirty blond hair around one of his fingers.

"Am I what? Happy? Delirious. Are you?"

Brian hid his face against Curt's chest. He could feel Curt's half-hard cock throb where it touched his abdomen. He wanted him, but he was in no hurry to claim what was his. They had all night.

After that, they had the rest of their lives.

*****

When they were both in danger of shriveling the body parts they held most dear, they reluctantly left the tub. Brian shivered, but not from excitement. His teeth were chattering and his lips were turning blue. Curt grabbed a couple of large towels and wrapped them around Brian's body. "As much as I love seeing you naked, I don't want you to lose anything I might want to use later."

Brian gave him a shaky smile. "Let's get in bed. You can keep me warm."

"Warm? I think I can do better than that."

Brian threw off the towels and disappeared under the covers, daring Curt to follow him. Curt climbed in beside his lover and started to tickle him under his arms. "Ahhh! Stop! I can't stand it! I can't..."

Curt covered Brian's body with his and kissed him. "You were saying?"

"Well...you can do *that* again."

"Tell me what you want, baby. Anything."

Suddenly Brian's stomach growled. "Umm..."

"When's the last time you ate, Brian?"

"Yesterday?" Brian replied weakly.

"You had money, didn't you? Why didn't you get something? Dammit, Brian, are you *trying* to kill yourself?" Curt demanded angrily.

"I *was*," Brian said softly, and Curt was immediately chastened. "Oh, God, baby." Curt pressed a tender kiss to Brian's jaw before burying his face against the side of his neck. "Don't. Please, please don't."

Curt's chanting faded away and Brian suddenly realized that his neck felt damp. "Curt? Are you crying?"

Curt raised his head and Brian caught a glimpse of the tortured look in his eyes before he could hide once more. Brian grabbed Curt's face with both hands and whispered, "Don't cry over me. If I died tomorrow-"

The look in Curt's eyes grew even more anguished. "Stop talking about dying, Brian! That's fucked-up!"

"Ssh...I won't. I swear."

"I don't want to live without you anymore, baby."

"You won't have to."

"Are you sure?"

"Now...more than ever...I want to *live*, Curt."

*****

In most hotels, Room Service stops at midnight. But Curt was a determined man and Brian was forced to acknowledge that he was better at getting what he wanted. At least, in this case.

"Chicken wings?"

"Don't forget the hot sauce."

Brian gave Curt a dubious look. He wasn't planning on spending any more time in the bathroom if he could help it. "On an empty stomach?"

"You'll be fine. They're your favorites."

"No, they're *your* favorites, Curt. Your memory's turned to shit," Brian said with a chuckle.

"Not about the important stuff," Curt responded, his eyes intent on Brian's mouth.

"Fuck eating. I want to take a bite out of *you*."

"Bri, you promised."

Brian gave in gracefully. A few minutes later, he was glad that he did. Curt's mouth was painted bright red, and he looked for all the world like a demented clown. But Brian had the sudden urge to lick all the hot sauce off his mouth, bit by bit, kiss by kiss.

"What are you thinking?" Curt asked, noticing that Brian was staring.

"That's for me to know...and you to find out."

Brian kissed him, and Curt sighed. "Mmm...you should be eating."

"I am."

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

"Don't fuck with me, Brian."

"Oh, but I want to, Curt. Please?"

"You're a wicked boy," Curt said, trying to imitate Brian's English accent. "I should punish you...most severely."

Brian crawled on his hands and knees towards Curt, his firm young ass high in the air. "Are you going to spank me?"

Heat flared in Curt's eyes. "Is that what you want?"

Brian smirked at his lover and dove onto his stomach, pressing his dick into the soft comforter. Curt's mouth went dry at the sight of Brian lying there so submissively. He touched Brian's ass with sticky fingers. "Oh, damn! I forgot. My hands are full of hot sauce."

Brian peeked seductively over his shoulder at Curt. "Mmm...lick it off."

Curt didn't need a second invitation. The feel of Curt's slick tongue probing the shadowy cleft between his buttocks brought Brian dangerously close to coming. As if he sensed it, Curt reached under Brian to stroke his cock, the velvety tip already beading up with pre-come. "More," Brian groaned, unable to thrust against the covers with Curt's weight on top of him.

"Easy, baby."

Just when Brian thought he couldn't stand any more of this exquisite torture, Curt replaced his tongue with his well-lubed cock. Brian was so hot, Curt slid inside without any resistance at all. Grasping Brian's hands in his, Curt interlocked their fingers as he plunged home. "Oh, fuck."

With a growl, Curt came, his hot essence flooding Brian's snug passage. He collapsed atop his lover, still having the presence of mind to hold onto Brian's cock as he spurted into Curt's hand.

"I love you, Bri."

"I love you, too, Curt."

Before the soft sensual cloud that surrounded them could dissipate, Brian added, "But if you don't get off me now, I'm going to eat all your chicken wings when I get up."

Curt kissed the back of Brian's neck and said, "You wouldn't!" in a suitably horrified tone.

With a sound that was halfway between a sigh and a growl, Curt reluctantly withdrew. He grabbed another towel and proceeded to clean both of them up. Brian chuckled and rolled onto his back, his laughter dying the moment he saw the look on Curt's face.

"What is it?"

"I wish...we hadn't wasted so much time."

Brian sat up and pulled Curt into his arms. "My fault. Not yours," he whispered, his breath ruffling Curt's blond hair.

"No, it's mine, too. When I think that...I almost didn't go to the pub tonight, Brian..."

Brian could hear the tears in Curt's voice and his heart ached. "But you *did*, Curt. That's what matters."

"Yeah."

"If I have to spend the rest of my life making it up to you, Curt, I will."

Curt closed his eyes and buried his face in Brian's hair. "I love you."

Brian's arms tightened around Curt as he breathed deep of his lover's scent. "I love you, too."

There would be time enough for them to eat. The food would still be there in the morning. Right now it seemed more important to hold onto each other as best they could.

For once in his life, Brian wasn't going to turn his back on someone who needed him. Curt loved him, maybe more than he had before. He wasn't convinced he deserved a second chance like this, but he was going to take it.

Because he had never wanted anything so much in his entire life.


End