Title: Baby's On Fire

Author: Silk

Fandom: Velvet Goldmine

Pairing: Curt/Brian

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Curt and Brian seal their new commitment.

Archive: If I sent it to you, please feel free.

Email: silkn1@att.net

Series/Sequel: This is a sequel to The Whole Shebang.

Disclaimer: Velvet Goldmine and its characters belong to Miramax and Todd Haynes. Not me. This work is not for profit.

Warnings: m/m, occasional bad language.


Baby's On Fire
By Silk

Curt snaked an arm around Brian's waist, uncaring that they drew odd looks from nearly everyone in the bar. Brian frowned and resisted Curt's tug to follow him, taking Curt by surprise when he dug in his heels.

"What?"

"Everybody's looking at us."

"So?" Curt's initially puzzled look became a scowl. "Are you worried about what other people think? I thought you didn't care anymore."

"I don't. But they're staring at us," Brian said with some degree of discomfort.

Curt slid his hand down Brian's back, his muscular arm pulling Brian tight against him. "Let's give 'em something to look at then."

When Curt bent his head, Brian didn't fight him. This was what he wanted more than anything. How could he be foolish enough to choose *anything* else over him again? They kissed, ardently enough to send more than one upstanding patron to the bathroom in the back, and when they broke apart, Brian gazed raptly into Curt's eyes, unable to quite catch his breath.

"How was that, Bri?"

Brian's mouth moved, but no words came out. That seemed to amuse Curt. "I don't think I've ever seen you speechless before. I like it."

"More..." Brian whispered, reaching for Curt.

Curt stepped back without releasing his grip on Brian. "Later, baby. We have to find a place to crash."

That seemed to penetrate the sensual fog Brian was in. He pulled out his wallet and counted silently. Suddenly he raised his head, his blue eyes sparkling with some of their old mischief. How could he have thought he could live without this feeling? How could he have tried to bury what he felt for Curt when it made him want to sing, quite literally?

"I think I have enough to spring for a hotel room."

"Oh, yeah," Curt signaled his assent by capturing Brian's mouth one last time before they exited the bar.

*****

They made it outside, but there were no cabs in sight. It was late. They would have to walk to the hotel. Curt swore under his breath, but Brian reached up with one finger and pulled his head down for another wet, open-mouthed kiss.

"Mmm..." Curt grew impatient to touch Brian, but they were on the street now. It wouldn't do either one of them any good if they were arrested for indecent exposure. But in a move that revealed how hopelessly vulnerable he still was to Curt, Brian slid down the front of his body and knelt between his legs.

Now it was Curt's turn to lose what was left of his breath. Brian looked up at Curt, everything he once desired laid bare in his face, and Curt realized that he couldn't wait any longer to possess that mystical spirit that was Brian.

Curt threaded his fingers almost roughly through Brian's hair, but Brian never flinched. Instead he closed his eyes and pulled one of Curt's hands across his face and mouth. It was a blatant plea for ownership on any number of levels, and it spoke directly to Curt's heart.

"Come here," Curt commanded hoarsely.

Brian crept up the length of his lover's body, his hands strategically placed to arouse and provoke a response. With a wicked smile that made him seem less like a debauched angel than his demonic namesake, Brian restlessly played with Curt's hair. "I don't think you can wait till we get to the hotel."

"What are you, a fucking mind-reader now?" Curt asked gruffly, affection taking the sting out of his words.

Brian shook his head slowly and wagged his index finger. "No, but I know what you want."

"Oh, yeah? What do I want?"

"Me. Flat on my back. You. Pumping furiously. Till we both come." Brian's whisper sounded loud in the relative silence of the night.

It went straight to Curt's groin. "You want me to fuck you? Right here?" Curt's body reacted predictably, his cock twitching to advertise its obvious interest.

"Well," Brian said coyly, glancing up and down the street. "Maybe not *right* here." They were still too close to the bar for comfort, and neither one of them wanted to end the night being assaulted by a rowdy gang of queer-bashers.

But the darkness of the alleyway that ran between the next two buildings was inviting. Suddenly, as though his entire body had caught fire, Curt took Brian by the hand and dragged him into the alley. Shoving Brian against the stone wall, Curt didn't have it in him to be gentle any longer.

Brian groaned softly and opened his mouth under Curt's. The former rock star sprawled bonelessly against the wall as his lover wound his arms around his neck. Their bodies touched, but it wasn't enough. Curt's hand slipped inside Brian's pants and Brian wantonly spread his legs for greater access.

Curt lifted Brian's arms over his head and held them there while he plundered the younger man's mouth. "Oh, God," Brian murmured inarticulately against Curt's lips.

Curt unsnapped his lover's pants and thrust his hands down the back to cup his ass. He sought to steady them as Brian jiggled agitatedly under his ministrations. Curt's mouth found the sweet spot on Brian's neck where his pulse throbbed frantically beneath his pale skin and suckled, leaving an exquisitely colored bruise behind. Brian managed to raise his knee to stroke the leather-clad erection that strained against Curt's zipper.

"Please," Brian cried, a sob clogging his throat. This was *Curt*. Oh, God, it was Curt, *at last*, and his body sang in response to his fervent caresses.

Curt's thighs trapped Brian's knee and their bodies surged together in a race towards completion. It didn't matter that they were still fully dressed. What mattered was the feeling, so long denied, resurfacing and breaking over their heads like ocean waves. Drowning them in its intricately wrought perfection.

They came together in a breathless gasp and a heartfelt kiss that threatened to submerge them forever.

"I love you," Brian whispered at the moment of climax. It was so soft as to be inaudible, but Curt heard him. He bit down hard on Brian's neck and thrust against his body, sure that he should have been totally embarrassed by his lack of control. But he wasn't. He couldn't be.

This was *Brian*. His love, his life. For as long as God chose to let him keep him.

Curt panted, his breath hot and heavy in Brian's hair. He kissed his lover's ear and rubbed his unshaven cheek against Brian's. "Oh, man, I love you," Curt said huskily.

"Even messy and sticky?" Brian asked. His voice had a teasing lilt to it, but he couldn't hide the sheen of tears that made his eyes luminous, even in the dark.

"Especially messy and sticky," Curt answered. His make-up was running down the side of his face, mascara and eyeliner warring with the rivulets of sweat that trickled there. His hair felt matted and in dire need of washing, and he knew that he could definitely do with a bath.

His nose wrinkled. "I stink, baby. How can you stand me?"

Brian smiled, a dreamy expression transforming him once more into the innocent man-child he used to be. "You're mine," he said, as if that explained everything.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Curt agreed. There was something irrevocable about the way they'd just given themselves to each other. Even after all they'd been through, they still fit together as though they'd never been apart.

"And Curt?" Brian bit his lip, a sure sign that he was anxious.

"Yeah?"

"I'm still yours...if you want me to be," Brian whispered.

Curt gave a little gasp and folded Brian into his arms. "Oh, God, yes." His arms tightened uncomfortably around Brian, but Brian didn't protest. He merely snuggled closer under Curt's chin and lay his head on his chest.

"You can hold me like a girl now," Brian murmured.

Curt stared down at Brian's beloved head. "You're still the loveliest man in all of Europe, y'know."

"No, I'm not."

Curt sighed contentedly. "And the curves of your lips really do rewrite history..." he whispered.

"I always thought that was the most beautiful thing you've ever said to me."

"*You're* beautiful."

"Only when I'm with you."

"Then stay with me. Forever."

"Fade away never," Brian mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah."

Suddenly Curt was no longer in a hurry to get somewhere. He was already there.


End