Title: Green Book

Author: Silk

Fandom: Velvet Goldmine

Pairing: Curt/Brian

Rating: NC-17

Summary: "My coat is black and the moon is yellow, this is where I get off..."

Archive: If I sent it to you, please feel free.

Email:
silkn1@att.net

Series/Sequel: No.

Website:
http://www.crystalgardens.net

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, Velvet Goldmine and its characters belong to Todd Haynes and Miramax, not me. This work is not for profit.

Warnings: m/m, AU, humor, PWP.

Notes: This is what comes from listening to Steely Dan's Green Book over and over again. Shameless PWP (and that's not even what the song is about. LOL!)


Green Book
by Silk

He knocked twice, paused, then knocked twice more. Suddenly an unseen hand slid the wooden slat in the door aside and a pair of blue-gray eyes peered out at him.

"Password?"

He looked both ways to make sure no was around, then he leaned forward and whispered conspiratorially, "Joe sent me."

The eyes blinked curiously before they opened wide. "Joe who?"

"I don't know Joe who. You gonna open the door or what?"

"Depends. Who's this Joe guy?"

"Look, my name's in the green book. Let me in."

"Sorry. No can do, pal. Try again tomorrow." The panel started to slide shut, but he placed his hand in the way and prevented it from closing. "Please."

The owner of the blue-gray eyes sighed heavily. "Look. I bend the rules for you, everyone's going to want in."

"I'll make it up to you. I swear."

"What've *you* got that *I* want?" the husky voice demanded.

"Open up the door and find out."

"Gimme one good reason."

"Just *one*?"

"Funny."

"I like your eyes."

"So does my mother."

He frowned. "Are you gonna make me stay out here all night?"

"Nah. Someone'll call the cops."

"Then let me in."

"You didn't give me a reason yet," the voice reminded.

"I like your voice. Do you sing?"

"Only when my boyfriend lets me." How could a whisper sound so...sarcastic?

"You like *boys*?" he asked incredulously.

"Hey, they like *me*. Just returning the favor."

"If you let me in," he said coyly, "I could make you forget all about your boyfriend."

There was a definite grin showing in the blue-gray eyes now. He didn't need to see the mouth that went with them to know that the man was amused. "You like boys, too?"

"Just the pretty ones," he drawled.

"Hmm...so who's Joe and how do you know him?"

"Why? Are you jealous?"

"Why? Are you fucking him?"

He laughed. "Every other Tuesday, twice on Friday, and never on Sunday."

The eyes narrowed. "A slut with scruples. I like that."

"I like *you*," he said breathlessly.

"Bet you tell that to all the boys."

"Why don't you open the door and see for yourself?"

"Why don't you stay on that side and talk to the hand?"

He pouted. "You're pretty anti-social."

"I'm president of my own fan club. What do I need other people for?"

"Is there anyone else in there with you?"

The smile was back in the magnificent blue-gray eyes. "Yeah. Joe's here. He's a real fun guy."

"You don't know Joe."

"Do, too."

"Does your boyfriend suspect?"

"Boyfriends are always the last to know."

"Know what?"

"What?"

"I don't think you've *got* a boyfriend. Who would put up with you?"

"Oh, I dunno. You seemed awfully interested in getting to know me a few minutes ago."

"That's because you have something I want."

"I do, huh?" The eyes brightened, the corners crinkling as though their owner was accustomed to laughter. "Like what?"

"You want the whole list?"

"I've got a few more minutes to kill. Sure."

He snorted. "Since you're not planning to let me in...do you ever come out of that box?"

"It's not a box. It's a very nice flat. My boyfriend said so."

"Do you believe everything he tells you?"

"He wouldn't lie to me."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"How do you know that?"

"Cause he loves me."

"Awww, that's so fucking sweet, I could throw up."

"He's not sweet. He's hot."

He grinned. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Y'know, you kinda remind me of him."

"I do?"

"Uh huh. Maybe you should come closer so I can compare..."

"I see the drugs have finally knocked out your short-term memory," he said with a wink.

"You mean you've been here before? Did I let you in?"

"Yeah. I gave you a blowjob."

"Was it good?"

"I'm always good."

"Maybe you *should* be on the other side of the door here with me, then..."

"Well, if you insist..."

"Hey, I can be a gracious host if I want."

"I thought this wasn't your place. I thought it belonged to your boyfriend."

"Oh, *him*. He's not home right now."

"Oh?" He moved closer to the door. "Does that mean you can let me in?"

"I don't cheat on him."

"Never?"

"Never ever," the eyes vowed along with the somber voice.

"He must be pretty special."

"You have no idea."

"I don't suppose I could change your mind."

"Not a chance."

"You want me to go away then?"

A spark of something indefinable appeared in those blue-gray eyes that he had a feeling he would be dreaming about for a long, long time. "I want you to stop playing games and get your ass in here, babe."

He chuckled, that sputtery laugh that always sent shivers dancing up and down his lover's spine. "You have no patience, Curt. Anticipation is half the fun."

"Yeah, yeah, but possession is nine-tenths of the law. So I want what's mine."

"Are you saying I belong to you?"

"From your ass to your elbow, Bri. Now put me out of my misery and get in here," Curt groaned.

"Does that mean you're planning to do something wicked and hideously unnatural to me?"

Curt rolled his eyes. "There is no such thing where you're concerned."

"Hmmph. I think you just insulted me."

"I think I just passed your whacked-out test."

Suddenly Brian broke into a beautiful smile that transformed him from pretty to devastating. "So you did. I owe you a...reward."

"Good things come to those who wait, but if you don't come inside by the time I count to three, you'll be spending the night on the doorstep. Alone."

Brian fumbled with the key, narrowly missing the lock several times before he got it right. "Dammit, you could just open the fucking door."

"I already passed that test. Besides, it's more fun watching you."

Brian gave the door a shove with his hip and all of a sudden it opened. Curt stepped neatly out of the way and leaned nonchalantly against the wall, his hands cupped around the end of his cigarette. He waited until his lover slowly drifted close enough to kiss before he blew a huge puff of smoke into his face.

Brian waved his hands and coughed. "Hey!"

"You ready to surrender yet?"

Brian took a half-step forward, and Curt did the rest, his arm snaking out to make Brian a prisoner within his tight embrace. "Missed you," he whispered against his ear.

Brian virtually purred when Curt's fingers sank deep into his scalp. "Mmm," he said absently, sliding his cheek alongside Curt's.

"Tell me you love me," Curt commanded softly.

"You know I do," Brian replied shyly, pressing a tiny kiss to Curt's jaw.

"Tell me...or I won't let you in."

"I'm already in."

"You know what I mean."

"Ohhhh, *in*." Brian wound his arms around Curt's neck and aligned their bodies perfectly. Curt was hard. Brian could feel his cock swelling in response and ground his hips against his lover.

"Yeah, in," Curt whispered, rocking gently against him.

"Well, then, ummm...I love you," Brian murmured, burying his face against Curt's neck. A long pale strand of Curt's hair fell across Brian's cheek and he sighed helplessly.

"Is my name really in the green book?" he asked.

"On every fucking page," Curt whispered.

"Make love to me?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

They kissed, their open mouths meeting and merging with more and more insistence until they were both breathless with desire. Brian gave Curt a half-smile that promised everything and held back nothing. "You'd better not play this game with anyone but me."

"Door's locked behind you and it's gonna stay that way, babe."

"Good. Cause I don't share."

"That goes both ways."

Brian nodded before shoving Curt in the direction of their bedroom. Curt laughed at his lover's obvious impatience. "Now who's dying to get into my pants?"

"I'm not interested in your smelly old leather. I want your ass."

"Hey, love me, love my leather."

Brian sighed and locked their lips together, managing to strip him more or less with one hand. Curt lay back on the bed and beckoned with his best come-hither stare.

"You do want to get fucked, don't you?"

Curt raised an eyebrow. "You have to ask?"

"Who's on top?"

Curt growled and pulled Brian into his arms. "Guess."

Brian moaned as Curt bit his neck, hard enough to leave an impression, but not enough to hurt. "Oh, God," he whimpered when Curt latched onto his neck and sucked until a small bruise formed.

"You know who you belong to now, right?"

"You."

"Damn right." Curt joined their bodies with a sharp thrust that could have been uncomfortable if Brian hadn't been so terribly ready. "Me. Only me. Forever," he whispered, setting the rhythm that would take them to completion and beyond.

For a long time there was no sound but that of harsh breathing and muttered encouragement to go faster, deeper, harder. They came within seconds of each other, spilling their seed with joyous abandon.

Curt fell back into their nest of pillows and idly rubbed a thumb over his wet nipple. Brian followed the path of Curt's finger with his tongue for several moments before Curt seized his head in a gentle but strangely possessive grasp. "Come up here."

They kissed again and again, their mouths already swollen and pink from their ardent lovemaking. Their bodies stuck together, the salty dampness of their come forging them into one entity.

"I love you." It was the last thing they said before they fell asleep, their bodies spent yet unsated.

"I love you." It was written on every page of the green book. Along with both their names.


End