Title: Serengeti Afternoon

Author: TheWriter

Rated: NC-17

Fandoms: UC:Undercover/Highlander

Pairing: Cody/Sonney

Archived: Anywhere they want it

Summery: Cody learns something about himself

Spoilers: The Sins of Sonney Walker

Warning: slash smut. Ummm……Its actually part of a series… so if you don’t get all the references… that would be why.

Disclaimer: if I owned them, this would be on prime time, and the series would still be continued. So don’t sue, because it isn’t, and I don’t have the money to pay you anything.



Serengeti Afternoon
by TheWriter


I was being stalked. It wasn’t unusual, after a case like this, but it made me jumpy anyways, and when Alex came up behind me, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder, I jumped, spilling my coffee over the table…over the pictures and the files that chronicled the sins of Sonny Walker.

Whenever a job ended badly, I was stalked. But this time at least, I could revel in the fact that eventually, Jake's habit of stalking me, would end. It was Frank who would deal with him tonight, and both men would be better for it.

Tonight, I almost could understand why Frank did what he did. To ask for punishment for what I had done, would be so easy, the easy way to redeem for my crime. Make me feel guilty, make me scream and howl and
regret my decision. Make my atonement for my crimes tangible, and I shall be redeemed.

But already Jake's attention was turning to our boss, and I knew then that it would only be minutes before Frank left for his place, to wait breathless and naked for Jake's arrival. And for his part, Jake would
arrive suitably late, irritated, and full of himself. And to be honest, I understood him at this moment as well. Better than I ever had before.

To inflict pain, to hold another persons life in your hands and not to kill. To reaffirm that you had made your own choice, and it *didn’t * make you a homicidal maniac; it didn’t make you one of them. Yes, that too at the moment would have been a choice. Because I was scared. Scared that I had actually enjoyed it. Shocked at the ease of it.

Monica didn’t even look at me. Our relationship was simply one of bits and bytes, words and catch phrases. She needed the warm flesh of her husband tonight, and I needed… Well, I don’t know what I need, do I? But I highly doubted that the cold impersonal atmosphere of a chat room would get me back in touch with my soul.

Yet, it was almost that, it was almost there that I turned to anyways. My whole system had been shot to hell, and in order to repair it, I had to take hours, and I knew that. I had to take the time to drag out my
extra equipment, and find out what I had to replace. And I suppose, that this was a typical reaction of my kind. Drown yourself in work and deny that the incident never happened.

It was perhaps an hour or two later, when I heard the soft steps behind me penetrate the haze of my work. My work. I could have laughed. It had only taken me a few minutes to realize that almost everything would have to be replaced. Bullets in motherboards don’t do much for your system control. But I kept trying, working on what I could. Trying to get the image of the man's blood splattering on the pavement out of my mind.

"Cody?" Her voice was soft, slightly accented, as always, with the feel of her last cover. I wondered how long it had been, since she had wanted to say my name like that? And how long had I wanted to hear it.

I looked up at her and smiled. It wasn’t much, but it was a smile. And when I spoke to her, I did so in Spanish. It was just easier right now, to deal with her, putting that distance between us. Did I want Alex? Hell yes. I would have been a fool not to. But our relationship was nowhere near ready. She still screamed his name when she came, and I still spoke in Spanish for her.

"Go home and take a bath, Sunset." I ran my fingers through her hair; a lover's caress… something that I know that he had done, and a name I knew he called her. "Relax, and I will be with you, another day…" I trailed off brokenly then. I could have used the comfort. But I didn’t want a pity fuck. And that is all that it would have been.

She nodded then, and turned away. She looked almost disappointed, and I knew, that after a day like this, she needed her Bobby. But I couldn’t lose myself in that tonight. Her "Bobby" was far to close to how I actually felt at the moment. And I wasn’t ready to deal with that. I would go to her when I had figured this out. Not before.

They teach you to kill in the Academy. They give you video games, and training manuals on how to psychologically deal with the event of taking a human life. And almost not surprisingly, it was something I was very good at. I’m a geek… of course I was good at computer games.

And ideally, they teach you to be cold to death. Ideally, they don’t want you reacting strongly when you kill someone. Ideally, they want you to be the Terminator. Kill with no regret, and with no conscious. They are the bad guys, and we are the good. But in real life, things are so very different. We all have to find our own ways to deal with the guilt that inevitably comes. And we quickly learn, that the only
ones who don’t feel guilt, are the bad guys.

Which is why I was starting to panic. I kept my hands and my nerves somewhat steady, busy, in the act of rewiring an observation platform. But I was only killing time. I was beginning to think, that I should
have gone with Jake, when I realized two things.

One: I was not alone.
Two: I was still on the job.

And then the voice came, shattering my pretense of calm. "You had best not internalize this son, or you’re going to end up like me."

Sonny Walker. Of course, he was still in our custody. Which meant that one of them would be back in six, … no. Three more hours… to relieve me and send me home. Babysitting the criminal.

"I’m surprised you didn’t try to get Jake to stay." I kept my hands busy, trying to concentrate at my job at hand. "The two of you could have scrapped like beasts and no one would have even heard you here."

The presence withdrew a fraction, but my defenses raised another notch. Sonny was not an attractive man. But he had that same quality of control that Donovan had. He was a natural leader. At the same time though, there was a softness, a gentleness about him that Frank never had. Not unless he was bound, gagged and naked.

I swallowed a bit, concentrating again on my hands, but Sonny's soft voice had started up again behind me, and it was breaking into my thought patterns and disrupting them as easily as a pinch would an
electrical system.

"No matter what you think, you aren’t like us. You actually are worried about not caring. I never did. I can see the tension you have. And you’ve fooled yourself into thinking that you’re a pack runner, but
you aren’t." He sat down at the table, sipping on a cup of mocha coffee.

"I’ve seen men like you before. You can fit in, but you hate it, and really, your choices end up influencing the group far more then even the leaders. They worry about you, because it's you who holds them
together, not Frank Donovan.

I laughed then, a bitter, angry laugh. "Only because I keep my mouth shut. We don’t talk about what goes on behind closed doors. But I should have figured you could have picked it up." I threw a screwdriver across the room, frustrated with my work. Normally this soothes me, but normally, I can fix it.

"And that’s why they depend on you. And that’s why they fear you. I am betting, that you orchestrate every one of your group activities, outside of work. And I also bet, that the entire time they are out, they jockey for a position in your bed afterwards."

I sat down on the floor, thinking about that. He was right, I do plan almost all our activities, but … I don’t think they cared about whose bed they ended up in, not really.

"All beside the point. And if you, great mastermind of all that is crime, can't then tell me what it is that *I* want right now, then you aren’t half the psyche we thought you were."

He stood and loomed over me then, reaching out his hand. An offer of friendship or doom, I wasn’t sure, but I did take it, and allowed him to pull me to my feet. I came up only inches from him, and I noticed
that this close up, he was even less attractive then I originally thought he was. But the hand gripping mine was strong, and it didn’t release once I was standing.

"You're still a good man. And if I wanted a power struggle, I wouldn’t have gotten one from Jake. He’s always obeyed a good direct order. You on the other hand, would be a power struggle… someday, when you began to believe in yourself again." He paused here, what looked like the barest hint of a smile on his lips." Jake is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A wolf who has decided that it likes the taste of sheep enough that it will help to protect them, so that they can breed well for his taste. You’re something entirely different."

I shifted. There was no space between us for me to step closer to the man, but I was beginning to realize that he was nervous around me. And when I shifted my body weight towards him, I noted the small trickle of
sweat that was slowly crawling down the back of his neck. "And what am I?"

It was his turn to swallow slightly, and I could feel my eyes growing almost as cold as they had when I had taken the shot. The fact that this man was scared of me ricocheted through my brain like electricity
without a harness, and I found myself almost instantly aroused.

"You are far more like a giant cat, lazy and peaceful when all is well. You tense, and are nervous, that tail of yours puffing at the slightest sign of danger. But you have no problems with taking down your prey either. You are far less predictable, and far more dangerous, then even Donovan. And even he knows it…" And I could tell he was speaking the truth. Even as his hands reached out to pull me close, he meant what he said.

His lips would never touch mine in the next three hours. This wasn’t about love, or sex even. It was simply about control. There was no abuse. I wasn’t like Jake, I didn’t *need* the violence. I had already
had that today. But Sonny Walkers mouth wrapped around my cock, devouring me with desperation to please. His cock buried in my ass in long, slow strokes that spoke of heat and laziness, a Serengeti afternoon by a watering hole. Oh yes, I was screaming his name, hearing it echo in the empty building, long before I even came a second time, decorating a mixing board with the spill from my body.

There was no rest. Again and again we came at each other, even as the afternoon waned into evening. His skin tasted almost like a sweet and sour candy, his cum like salted chips. I devoured him, time after time, and he had no problems returning the favor. We wracked each other's bodies in ways that even Jake had never thought of. And slowly the memories of blood, fear and death were chased away by his constant
attention.

Sonny was a talented, and generous lover, warm, considerate, and deliberate. I understood what Carly had seen in him then. Even what Jake had seen in him. He was able to fulfill needs, and satisfy longings that you didn’t even know you had, and when he left me sated on the couch that we had finally made our way over to, I stretched like the lazy cat that he had named me, the nervous hacker persona fully shed for only a brief moment in time.

He smiled as he walked back to the bunk that we had assigned for him. He redressed slowly, with the rather more predatory grace that he was known for. And I realized that with him, there was really no control
factor. Not like what I had expected. He was much more like Alex, except with Alex, I was sheltering, protecting her.

I swallowed when I heard the key in the door, almost nervously. Not because the whole building pretty much reeked of sex. Not because I *still* hadn’t cleaned up the mess I had made of the mixing board, or Jakes desk… or the couch I was laying on. I wasn’t even nervous because I still wasn’t sure where my pants were.

I was nervous, scared and terrified. Not because I had killed a man. But because I realized I had finally found an equal. And I had finally realized that killing another human being, would never bother me again.

And as the door opened, I realized, I still didn’t know what to do.

END

Feedback to: ophinim@yahoo.co.uk