Title: The Unspeakables

Author: Bj Jones

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: UC: Undercover is owned by NBC even though they don't know a good show when it bites them in the arse. Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Salem Quinn is mine.

Feedback: Sure why not cats_archive@hotmail.com

Summary: This is the sequel to Undercover Witch - You must read that one first or this won't make sense. It's been two years since Donovan and company has left Hogwarts. A lot has changed new faces but the same enemy. Jake's life is endanger so the team heads back to England to finally face Voldemort. In the meantime Harry and Co have graduated and fighting evil as become a full time job. They now must rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy and save the world - Again.

Sequel: Here is the sequeal to Undercover Witch...

Authors Note:Before I start posting the chapters to the sequel of Undercover Witch there are few things I have to point out.

1 - When UC: Undercover went off the air the producer of the show posted on one of the UC message boards his long-term goals for the show where. What he wanted to do with the show and it's characters. I'm taking some of those ideas and adding them into this story line.

2 - First idea was Alex leaving to be with Carlos. I felt that after her witnessing the evil of Voldemort and the loss of time between Sirius and Salem she would want to be with Carlos because life was to short.

3 - Second idea Sonny Walker joining the team. It was mentioned that he would end up working with them. Training and becoming the father figure Jake needed. I will incorporate this into the story line. Beside how fun will it be to have Sonny learn that there are witches and wizards in the world.

4 - This will take place 2 years after the Undercover Witch. The group is now 18 years old and graduated.



The Unspeakables
by Bj Jones


Chapter 1: Two Years Later

Donovan walked into the Nest in a reflective mood. It had been two years since they had returned from England. Two years since they discovered there was a whole different world in existence other than their own. A lot had changed these past two years. He stopped at the edge of the briefing room and surveyed the room. Cody and Monica were setting up for the morning briefing for their new case. Jake was reading over Intel reports drinking some coffee. The shocking site even after a year was Sonny Walker reading the morning newspaper sitting next to Jake.

A year ago Sonny had come to them asking to be apart of their group. He was willing to turn states evidence on various criminal organizations. His motive the death of his wife, she had been killed to get revenge against Sonny. It was good for the team in many different ways. First he brought experience into the group that they needed after Alex left. Second he helped Donovan give stability to Jake. Alex had left not long after they got back from England. He remembers the conversation like it was yesterday.

~*~

"Donovan can I talk with you?" Alex stood by his office door.

"You're leaving, aren't you?" He looked up at her. He smiled at her shocked expression. "I saw it coming."

"Taking lessons from Dumbledore?" She smiled walking into the office.

"He just helped enhance the 'I know what everyone is doing skill'." He laughed.

"Yes, I'm leaving. You know where I'm going so don't ask." She sat down in the chair in front of his desk. "Also Remus sent me a personal owl. You will be able to contact me without jurisdictions getting in the way."

"What will you tell him?"

"The truth. I'm going to have him look into anything that 'Tom Riddle' might be getting into. " She paused. "I thought about this Donovan. If I could get Carlos to disrupt Riddle's shipments or business then I'm helping."

"Actually that is a good idea." Donovan leaned back in his chair. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you guys too."

"Have you talked with Jake?"

"Yes I talked with him before I came up here. I'm heading to the airport once I finish talking with you."

"No, goodbye party?"

"I figured this way would be best." She got up headed towards the door. "You don't know where I went so they can't ask you questions."

"Good luck and if you need us owl us." Donovan stood and walked around his desk to walk Alex out to her car.

"You have to admit the owl thing is working for us." She turned and gave Donovan a hug. "Watch Jake for me."

"I will."

With that she walked out of the nest and their lives. They got an owl from her about once a month. Carlos had used his connections to take down a few of Riddles dealings.

~*~

Donovan was startled out of his thoughts when he heard a hoot of an owl. He looked up to see Witch come flying in with a letter.

"One of these days, you guys will have to explain the whole owl thing to me." Sonny looked at each member pointedly.

"What owl?" Jake snickered.

"I've been here a year now and still no answers. Its like you guys know something and not letting me in on it." Sonny narrowed his eyes. He hated being left in the dark.

"Need to know bases, Walker." Donovan scratched Witch's head and took the note.

"Who is it from?" Monica asked.

"A beach friend." Donovan stated. It was their code name for Alex.

"What does it say?" Jake asked walking over towards Donovan. Witch nipped at him and hopped on Donovan's shoulder. "Damn bird, it still doesn't like me after two years."

"What can I say? She has good taste." Donovan took the owl to its cage, Witch then hopped off his shoulder onto her perch.

"Anyway what does it say?" Jake asked again. He was like a little kid hearing from grandma.

"Another Riddle has been figured out and dismantled." Donovan grinned.

"Riddle??" Walker asked, hoping to actually get an answer this time. He didn't.

"Also states that there have been whisperings about the muggle-wizard." Donovan looked at Jake. "It says we should watch your back."

"Do you still have it?" Cody asked Jake.

"Never leave home without it." Jake patted his chest.

"That's it!" Walker stood up and glared at the group. "Its obvious that Jake has a hit out on him. If I'm supposed to be watching his back I need to know what I'm looking for."

Donovan looked at Jake with questioning eyes. Jake nodded and turned towards Walker. "A few years ago I made some enemies that would enjoying seeing me dead."

"And the shocking part is?" Walker smirked.

Jake grinned back, "anyway our friend heard some rumblings about a cult group that wants to take revenge against me for stopping a ceremony and for disbanding their group."

Donovan smirked to himself, 'well he's not lying.'

"So some cult freaks want you dead, because you disrupted their ceremony?" Walker looked at him suspiciously.

"Yes, this cult goes international." Monica added. "So if our friend heard rumblings where they are, then it's a threat we need to consider."

"So what should I look for?" Walker asked sitting down at the table.

"Pointy hats, wands, and broomsticks." Cody smirked.

"Oh my." Jake snickered.

"Funny guys." Walker smiled, "really what should I look for?"

"That's the hard part. They don't look any different. You won't know they are part of this group until its almost to late." Donovan stated. He walked past Walker gave Cody a look and turned back around. "My best suggestion is watch Jake. If he starts to be hesitant or on the defensive, just back him up. I mean it Walker don't ask questions just react to Jake."

"What ever you say boss." Walker sighed. He knew there was something more to this story. Hell he knew they were keeping something from him since he walked in the door. He wasn't stupid he knew the letters were from Alex, who was with Carlos. He had his own connections to know that. He just wondered how they got an owl to be a carrier pigeon. He trusted Donovan and he would watch Jake's back. The kid had become special to him. Jake needed a father figure, and Walker had always wanted a son.

What Sonny Walker didn't know was how soon he was going to get those answers, and how those answers would affect his life.



Chapter 2: Hostages

The mission was simple, infiltrate a group of students turned bank robbers. The set up went down without a hitch they were able to get Sonny and Jake in with no problems. The team was able to retrieve the information they needed within no time. Of course this would mean the sting would go down without a problem. That was where they were wrong.

It was easy to get Sonny and Jake into the robber's confidence. Sonny had a reputation. A reputation that any up and coming bank robber would want on their team. He was powerful enough to demand a member of his own choosing, Jake. The two of them got in easily it was getting out that had proved difficult. Donovan paced back and forth in the abandoned warehouse across the street from the bank. It had been twelve hours since the bust went bad. Twelve hours since the robbers took hostages. He wasn't able to get word to Sonny or Jake. Nor were they able to get any information to him. He was flying blind. The robbers refused to answer the phones they stayed quiet not demanding a thing. Donovan was at a lost of how to get them out. Every once in a while he could see Jake or Sonny moving around inside. As each hour went by, the more desperate they became.

"Damn!" he yelled kicking the chair away from him.

"Boss you need to calm down." Monica soothed him. "You're the best chance they have and they need you calm."

"I got surveillance up." Cody yelled running into the room. He had been working non-stop with the utility companies to try and tap into the security system inside the bank.

"Let's see what's going on in there." Donovan came up behind Cody who was now typing furiously on the keyboard.

"Reminds me of Malfoy Manor. Almost impossible to penetrate." Cody commented, "I said almost." He smiled as the images of inside the bank popped up onto the screens.

"Looks like Jake is closer to the hostages, while Sonny is trying to calm the other members." Donovan pointed out on the screen.

"By his body language he's getting frustrated." Monica pointed out. "They must be getting nervous."

"Jake is acting weird. He keeps looking between the girl Ann and the hostages." Donovan looked at the screen.

"She could be tormenting one of them and Jake is probably telling her to back off." Monica replied.

~*~

"Leave him alone Ann." Jake stated for the fifth time in an hour. He was getting tired. Ann was not letting up on the hostages she keeps tormenting them with words of death and destruction. He never liked or trusted her. She was always eyeing him never accepting him into the group. Her and two others in the group, Billy and Philip were always separating themselves from him and Sonny. As if they were dirt and they weren't to be associated with. Her actions reminded him of Lucius, not wanting to be near muggles. They acted as if they owned the world, like they had a secret that no one else knew. What worried Jake most, what was the secret? If the secret was what he thought it was, he would have to keep an eye on them.

"So tell me do you want to die?" She poked at the middle-aged man, who was the bank president.

"I said leave him alone!" Jake pulled her back.

"You going to stop me?"

"Both of you knock it off." Sonny walked over.

"You don't rule me old man." She sneered at him.

"Please just let us go." The president pleaded with them. "At least let the women go."

"Shut up muggle!"

Jake froze. 'Muggle' He turned to look at the girl.

Donovan froze. "What is up with Jake? He looks like he just saw a ghost."

"Or a Witch." Monica stated.

"DAMN!" Donovan headed for the exit. This was going to hell in a hand basket fast.

"What are you looking at muggle?" She turned on Jake again.

"What did you call me?" Jake took a defensive stance.

"A low life Muggle!" She spit out. She turned back towards the bank president. "It's time to die Muggle. To bad you won't see the rise of the Dark Lord."

"What are you talking about?" The president stared at her in confusion.

"I'm talking about you lowlifes. I'm talking about magic more powerful than the anything you muggles could create."

"There is no such thing as magic." The president stated.

Sonny couldn't follow what was going on. He had no idea what Ann was talking about. All he knew was that she started talking nonsense about magic and a Dark Lord. He looked between her and Jake, looking for a sign from Jake to let him know what was going on. He noticed Jake's body had taken a defensives stance. His hand was reaching for his gun under his jacket. 'Now wasn't the time to show their hand.' Sonny thought, 'Just back Jake up don't ask questions Walker'. He could hear Donovan's voice in his head. He decided to back him up so he pulled up his automatic and aimed it towards the rest of the group. One of them looked frightened, while the other two stood there watching, waiting for a signal. Sonny might not have known what was going on, but he knew when a deal was going down bad. And this was going to be worse than bad.

Jake watched her intently waiting to see what she would do. She reached into her coat sleeve; Jake gripped his wand waiting to see wood or metal. She pulled out her wand and aimed it at the president.

"This is your 'no such thing as magic' Muggle!" She spat.

"Stupefy." Jake yelled. Ann went down in a heap. Jake quickly turned towards the other members waiting to see what would happen. Thomas looked in shock, eyes wide, mouth gaping. 'Not a wizard' Jake moved on to look at the other two. They both looked at him grinning, wands pulled.

"So if it isn't the muggle-wizard." Billy commented.

"So we were right." Philip smirked. "The muggle-wizard was located here all along."

Talking was their mistake. "Pertrifus Totalus" Jake yelled fast and in succession hitting both of them before they could utter a word. 'Hermione would be proud.' Jake smiled to himself. They both froze and fell backwards onto the ground.

Walker watch the two men be seemingly frozen and fall. He turned towards Jake. "What the hell?"

The doors banged open Donovan ran in gun raised. His hawk like eyes gazed over the room seeing everything was under control he lowered his weapon. "Jake are you okay."

"Yeah I got a bit suspicious when she called one of the hostages Muggle." He stated leaning back against the counter. "We should call Gregory."

"Monica already has he should be here any… " A pop was heard and a young black man wearing green robes holding a wand stood in the middle of the bank looking around. "…minute."

"Good work Jake, I'll take it from here." He smiled at Donovan "as far as the others are concerned the robbers gave themselves up to the federal authorities."

"Sounds good." Donovan motioned to Walker, "let's go."

"Donovan do you want me to take care of him?" Gregory pointed his wand at Sonny.

"No, it's okay I'll deal with it." Donovan pulled a shocked Sonny out of the bank and into the waiting van.

Cody and Monica had packed up the equipment and pulled the van around to pick up Donovan, Jake and Sonny.

"Did you leave any evidence of us being there?" Donovan asked Cody.

"No boss, we're getting good at leaving without a trace." Cody smirked.

"That is, what, the fourth wizard we have encountered in the past month?" Donovan looked at Jake.

"Yes, and I noticed a wizard by the orphanage a few days ago." Jake sat back resting his head against the van wall. "I think the war is picking up speed."

"Any word from our old friend?" Monica asked. She smiled thinking of the kind old headmaster of Hogwarts. He took time to keep them informed of Voldemort's movements mostly to keep Jake protected.

"No, nothing." Donovan stated. "I think I will owl him when we get back."

"How about our English friends?" Cody asked.

"Last I heard from them they were hunting snakes, but no sign of the cobra." Donovan commented. Last letter he had gotten from Salem was short. They didn't want their owl to be tracked by death-eaters. The last letter stated that Draco, Ron, Harry and Hermione were raiding various death-eater meetings.

"Maybe we should find out what is going on there." Monica stated, "because if the cobra is ready to strike Jake might be in more trouble than we thought."

"Let's not forget Donovan. Those snakes still haven't forgiven him for shooting their rattler." Jake sadly commented. The two of them had a death mark on their heads. The backlash from Lucius death had been strong. From what they heard Blaise had reunited the death-eaters under him in support of Voldemort. Their first order of business was to destroy Harry Potter and his group of friends. Then kill the muggle-wizard the name they gave Jake, and make sure Donovan paid for killing Lucius.

"Hello I'm still in the van." Sonny looked ready to kill them. He had no idea what the hell they were talking about. "Care to explain what happened in there? And what is up with these code names? Snakes? And who is hunting who?"

Donovan looked at Jake then at the rest of the team. They all nodded. It was time to tell Sonny what is going on for his own safety. He was going to be dragged into this fight if what they felt was true. If the war had escalated they would need Sonny Walker's skills and even connections. "It's a long story Sonny."

"I have time."

"So tell me Sonny Walker do you believe in magic?"



Chapter 3: The Unspeakables

Ron motioned with his hand for Harry to go right while he went left. Ron snuck up close to the front of the small hunting cottage following the path next to the stonewall. When he got close to see the front door, but stayed hidden behind the wall he tapped his ear and talked softly into the mike on his collar.

"Draco can you hear me?" He whispered hoping the blonde was in position.

"Yeah, came up from behind. I'm behind the oak tree from here I can see the back door and window. Where are you and Harry?" Draco's voice came over the earpiece.

"I'm on the far left wall that leads up to the front door. Harry is coming up on the right hand-side from the garden." Ron stated. He caught a glimpse of Harry behind the tool shed.

"Draco can you see how many there are from where you are located?" Harry's voice entered into the conversation.

"I can only see two, but Intel states there should be at least five guards." Draco stated.

"Where are your two located?" Ron asked.

"One is by the back door the other by the window." Draco looked over at the cottage to verify.

"I have two standing by the side entrance looking out towards the garden." Harry looked around the shed towards the side door. "Scratch that there is one by the door and Draco does your guy keep appearing and reappearing in front of the window."

Draco leaned around and watched for a few seconds, "yes."

"So then we have one by the side and rear entrance, plus a guard going between the windows." Ron stated. "Plus two guards up here at the front. So that makes a total of five guards. So Intel final did get it right."

"I'm surprised." Draco sneered. His love loss with the Ministry's Intel was not something he hid. As a matter of fact Draco considered them incompetent idiots and didn't hide this fact from them. Causing a riff between the Ministry and the team, which wasn't all Draco's fault. Harry has also made it quiet clear that he felt Fudge was either a traitor or just plain stupid. The only department the team hadn't upset was the muggle relations department, and that might have something to do with the fact Arthur Weasley headed it up.

"Must be some special death-eater meeting to have five guards." Harry commented.

"And were weren't invited." Draco drawled, "that is just plain rude."

"Maybe we should stop in and say hello." Ron snickered.

"What's the plan Ron?" Harry asked.

"Plan? Why me?"

"You're the strategist Mr. Weasel." Draco commented.

"How about we do your approach Draco." Ron sniped back.

"Which is?"

"Barge in, hex anything that moves, and ask questions later."

"Sounds good to me." Draco smiled.

"Boys, stop arguing about how your going to raid the place and just raid it." Hermione's clear voice came over the channel.

"Yes Ma'am" all three chirped.

"On the count of three, we each take out the guards at the doors. Then proceed in and nab the three honchos." Ron stated, "ready one, two, three."

The three boys moved fast up the walkways towards the doors of the cottage. Speed obtained in the past year from intense training. Skills honed from months of raiding various death-eater meetings. Ron burst through the front door, physically knocking out one guard and hexing the second. He could hear Draco hex one of the guards and then slam the others body into the wall. He looked over to see Harry already standing by the table where three death-eaters sat his wand raised, the guard unconscious on the floor behind him. Draco walked up next to Harry wand raised.

"Harry what do we have hear?" Draco sneered.

"Looks like a meeting of death-eaters to me." Harry smirked.

"It was rude of you guys not to invite us." Ron stated walking up. "Especially since Draco was a fellow housemate of yours."

"Yeah Flint I was your seeker and you didn't invite me?" Draco smiled.

"You were a terrible seeker Malfoy." Marcus Flint stated.

"No, actually Draco was a good seeker, just no one could beat me." Harry smiled.

"A little egotistical there Harry." Ron walked around to the other side of the table.

"It's the truth."

"Draco you're a bad influence on him." Ron mocked glared at the blonde, who just shrugged.

"So Flint, tell me, what are three of Voldemort's death-eaters meeting in an isolated cottage outside Hogsmeade for?" Harry asked nicely.

"Go to Hell Potter."

"And I asked so nicely." Harry looked at Draco and nodded.

Draco came up from behind and slammed Flint's head into the table effectively breaking his nose. "Care to try again."

"How dare you?" The second death-eater jumped up. Also a fellow Slytherin, one Draco remembered fondly, one of Blaise's lackeys.

"You have a problem Lewis?" Draco pulled up his wand.

"There is no proof that we are death-eaters." The third man piped in. He shockingly was an ex-Hufflepuff.

"So much for Hufflepuff loyalty." Ron stated forcing Lewis to sit back down. "Now tell us what we want to know?"

"Which is?" Flint sneered holding his bleeding nose.

"Where is Blaise?" Draco demanded.

"Hell." Lewis smirked.

"Fine lets play this game, where is Hell?" Harry stopped smiling. This game was getting old.

"Don't we all have our personal hells?" Lewis stated. Ron gave him a right hook sending the man to the ground unconscious.

"No twisted death-eater philosophy allowed." Ron stated.

The remaining two death-eaters looked at Ron in shock. "What?"

"You're a Gryffindor and Auror, you're not supposed to act like him." The Hufflepuff pointed at Draco.

"We are not Aurors." Harry commented.

For the first time fear crossed Flint's eyes. "Then what are you?"

"Unspeakables." Draco stated right before he knocked Flint unconscious. Ron knocked out the Hufflepuff.

"That went well." Draco commented looking at the three bodies on the ground.

"You know Ron; you really need to stop hanging out with Draco. He's really becoming a bad influence." Hermione's voice came through the earpieces a slight laugh could be heard. "I'm sending out some Aurors to take care of them."

"Thanks 'Moine." Draco smiled.

Ron snickered at Draco then turned to Harry. An owl flew into the cottage landing on the table. The large barn owl hooted at Harry and shook its leg. Harry untied the letter from the owl, it nipped at him and flew back out the window.

"What does the letter say?" Ron asked.

"We need to get back to the manor, Salem needs to see this." Harry face paled a bit.

The three Unspeakables apparated just outside Malfoy Manor. After the death of Lucius and Narcissa, Draco inherited the estate. After graduation he transformed the manor into their headquarters. It was perfect actually. The manor had more wards and protection spells than Hogwarts. Harry was able to stay there during their last summer instead of going back to the Dursleys. Salem and Sirius had moved in along with Harry that summer to take care of both boys. After they graduated Salem retired from teaching and began training the four newly graduated wizards and witch with the help of Sirius, Lupin and Snape. Ron and Hermione moved in after graduation along with Lupin. They had become a family a bit unconventional, but a family nonetheless.

Because of the Manors protections spells Snape and Lupin were able to teach the group some useful spells from the Dark Arts. Lucius library had proven quite useful to them. The grounds were well protected and large so Salem set up obstacle course to physically train the group. While Sirius took them out to the forest to mentally prepare them for the war. The Manor was also centrally located so they could travel easily to the different muggle and wizard areas. Harry and Draco both constantly went back to Hogwarts to have meetings with Snape and Dumbledore. While Ron and Hermione were frequent visitors at the Ministry to get Intel reports on various death-eaters.

Harry ran into the Manor with Draco and Ron not far behind. He still hadn't told them what the letter said. Harry ran into the hallway looking around for Salem. Hermione came out from the study where she had been monitoring the raid. The Manor had been fully equipped with Muggle technology. Draco found it humorous that Lucius precious Manor now ran on electricity; had a surveillance room equipped with computers, listening equipment, and video monitors it was the room Hermione worked out of monitoring the boys raids; and an entertainment room fully equipped with a full entertainment system. Salem also made sure the place was installed with an intercom system and phones in various rooms.

"Harry what is it?" She asked concerned.

"Where is Salem?" He asked.

"I'm right here Harry." Salem came down the stairs. She hadn't changed in the past two years. She had become mom to both Harry and Draco, the mother neither of them really had. She was there when Draco woke from his nightmares about that night. She sat up with Harry talking about Cedric and helped him work through his guilt. She also made sure they were well prepared for the war. Not only did she train them to be able to fight separately but also as a team. The four of them had become a well-trained unit. Hermione mostly stayed off in the background conducting research while the boys went out and hunted death-eaters.

"Read this." He handed her the letter.

Salem took the letter from Harry. She read it over and looked back up at Harry.

"I'll make the phone call." She ran towards the kitchen.



Chapter 4: The Phone Call

Cody pulled around the back of the nest. He turned off the engines with a sigh. The trip back had been quiet. Each lost in their own thoughts. The occupants in the van slowly filed out and into the nest. Sonny followed Donovan into the briefing room. He waited till they got back before he started questioning Donovan about what he meant back in the van.

"What do you mean by 'do I believe in magic'?" Sonny looked over at Donovan.

"Exactly what I meant by it." Donovan motioned for Sonny to sit down. Sonny sat down at the briefing table, Donovan sat across from him. Jake sat at the end of the table watching the two closely. He wasn't sure if he was prepared to explain things to Sonny. How was he going to take Jake being a muggle-wizard? Donovan looked at Jake for acceptance, Jake nodded and smiled, and it was now or never.

"It started two years ago." Donovan began when the phone rang. Cody grabbed the phone at the computer terminals.

"Joe's Pizza Parlor, would you like breadsticks with you pizza?" Cody answered the phone. He sat up quickly eyes going wide. "Hold on." Cody put the caller on hold and called out to Donovan. "Sir you might want to get this."

Donovan got up and walked over to the phone. Sonny sighed and leaned back in his chair. He looked over at Jake questionably. Jake looked back at Sonny and smiled. "Don't worry Sonny it's not as bad as you think."

"What's going on Jake?" Sonny asked him straight out. He knew this affected Jake. He saw the boys look when Ann had pulled that stick out. As if he expected it and feared it, yet he knew what to do and did it.

"There are things in this world that you can't explain." Jake looked Sonny in the eyes. Sonny was always amazed how old Jake's eyes looked. Jake was just a kid to Sonny, but he saw and did things that most men his age never wanted to see or do.

"I know that kid." Sonny looked back, "you forget what I've seen and have done."

"Ever see things that can't be explained? Ever sense there was something else going on that you didn't know or see? Ever wonder about witches and wizards? Ever felt the presence of magic?" By his face Sonny knew Jake was series.

"Guys pack up your stuff we are heading out now!" Donovan hung the phone up. He ran up to his office to grab a few files.

"Boss do we need are equipment?" Cody yelled up towards the stairs.

"No, they are well equipped this time around. Just take anything personal that you might want to use. Also make sure everything is in order. We might be there for a while." Donovan yelled from his office. "Move it we don't have much time."

Jake got up and ran to the lockers pulling out the suitcases. It was the one rule Donovan established once they got back, each member of the team had a fully packed suitcase at the nest in case they had to leave in short notice. Sonny came up behind and helped Jake pull out the luggage.

"Where are we going?" Sonny asked Jake pulling out luggage.

"London." Jake stated. He had no doubt that the phone call was from Salem. And the way Donovan was acting it was bad. He needed to find out what was going on.

"As in England?" Sonny headed towards the back entrance.

"Yep." Jake stopped looked at Sonny. "You're about to not only find out what has been going on but experience it."

Monica packed up her personal files and laptop while Cody pulled a few pieces of equipment together. Donovan came back down stairs and headed towards the van parked outside in the back.

"Monica make sure you grab Witch." Donovan stated. He paused by the briefing room and opened up one of the file cabinets. He pulled all files on Riddle into his briefcase. Monica shut her bag and grabbed Witch's cage and headed out the back door. Cody finished packing and followed. Sonny and Jake met the others by the van. Sonny helped Cody pack the van, while Jake went back into the nest searching for Donovan.

"Donovan what is going on?" Jake asked.

"We've been found." He stated pulling out the weapons locker. "Grab the other side."

Jake raised his eyebrows. "We never know what we might need." Donovan answered.

The two walked out and set the locker in the back of the van and climbed in.

"Where to boss?" Cody sat in the drivers seat.

"O'Hara airport, terminal 1A." Donovan stated.

"Same on as before?" He asked pulling out of the driveway.

"Yes, there will be private jet waiting for us like before." Donovan stated.

The van pulled out of the parking lot and was down two blocks when an explosion rocked the neighborhood. Cody slammed the brakes. As the van skidded to a stop, Cody looked in his side mirror. He watched the warehouse go up in fire, smoke and rubble. The sound of breaking glass could be heard as the surrounding warehouses windows blew out. The team jumped out of the van and looked back at the nest, their home away from home. Monica stared in horror while Jake put a comforting arm around her shoulders. Cody was visibly shocked gripping the door to keep from collapsing. Donovan bowed his head and once again thanked God they had gotten out of there in time. Sonny looked over at Jake, seeing his fear. Whatever was going on it was deadly series.

"Man, Jake what did you do to piss them off that much?" Sonny commented trying to make the kids smile, as they all climbed back into the van.

"Don't look at me it was Donovan that shot Lucius." Jake tried to smile but it didn't reach his eyes.

Donovan looked at Sonny, "Sonny all will be explained in due time."

"Just do us one favor Sonny?" Jake asked.

"What?"

"Keep an open mind until the end." Jake looked at Sonny his eyes blazed with seriousness.

"Promise." Sonny sat back continuing the rest of the journey in silence.



Chapter 5: Reunion

Sixteen hours later a very tired and cranky team stepped off the plane into Heathrow Airport just outside London. As they stepped off the plane it began to rain, which didn't help their dispositions any.

"What time is it? For that matter what day is it?" Cody yawned.

"March 6th 1:54pm." Donovan answered pulling out an umbrella from his briefcase.

"How does he do that?" Cody looked at Monica. She smiled at him and pulled her coat up around her ears.

"We should head inside the terminal and see if they sent anyone to pick us up." Donovan started to walk towards the open doors, the team following close behind not wanting to get to wet. Once they reached the doors Donovan ordered a skycap to unload their luggage and meet them at the front.

Sonny walked quietly behind them. Donovan had explained as much as he could on the plane trip from Chicago to London. He told him about their first assignment and what they had discovered. Sonny was true to his promise he didn't say a thing and was being open minded about the whole idea of witches and wizards. He saw Jake with his wand and saw what he was cable of. He just needed time to think. He had heard about this 'Tom Riddle' from his own sources. Some say he was the next Hitler others say he was the devil himself. He wasn't sure what to believe, and in truth he wanted proof. He wanted to see this Harry Potter for himself and see if these stories were true.

"Please don't let it be Arthur Weasley. Please don't let it be Arthur Weasley. Please don't let it be Arthur Weasley." Cody kept repeating to himself. Sonny finally had enough and turned on him.

"What are you muttering about?" He demanded.

"The person who picked us up last time was the nicest person you could have met, but his driving was, well how should I put it." Cody stammered.

"Scary to say the least!" Jake finished for him.

The team reached the front of the terminals when they saw a blessed sight, Hermione Granger. She looked more grown up from the last time they saw her. Her hair was pulled back in a clip in the back a few strands hanging around her face. Her figure was more prominent showed off by the jeans and fitted light blue shirt she wore. She smiled when she saw them and waved them over.

"Oh Thank God!" Cody ran up and hugged her. "I was hoping it would be anyone but Arthur."

"Arthur is at work today so I was sent to pick you up." Hermione smiled at Cody. She understood
completely Arthur's driving was notorious.

"Hello Hermione how are you?" Donovan sat his briefcase down and gave her a quick hug.

"Good, graduated Valedictorian." She beamed. She was still proud of that accomplishment. Draco had come in right behind her. She still goaded him a bit about it. What surprised her most was Harry was third in rank. She never thought he studied.

"We got an owl from Dumbledore about it, congratulations. Of course we weren't really surprised." Monica walked over and gave her a hug also. Of course she was the only one who noticed the ring. "What is this?" She grabbed Hermione's left hand.

"Ron and I are engaged!" She beamed with happiness. He proposed the day after graduation. The ring was very simple a silver band with a small sapphire set into the top of the band. She was shocked, but quickly recovered and said yes. Harry and Draco were near by grinning they were in on the whole scheme.

"Congratulations!" Jake swooped her up and hugged her.

"Have you been practicing?" She demanded when he put her back on the ground.

"Yes, Professor Granger or should I say Weasley?" Jake smiled. "Those books you sent me were very helpful. I especially liked the cleaning spell. My room has never been so clean."

"I'm glad they helped, I was hoping you would study more on protection spells." She smiled at him. "Ron and I decided to wait till the war is over before getting married. Ron jokes that the day after Harry finally takes down 'you know who' they will celebrate with our wedding."

"Hermione this is Sonny Walker." Donovan pulled Sonny up to meet her. She smiled at him and gave him a quick one over. He wasn't as tall as Donovan but had a strong build. He was older his gray hair a sign of his age. His blue eyes smiled at her, they held a bit of mischief.

"You replaced Alex?" She asked holding out her hand to him.

Sonny took it and kissed the back of her hand, "you could say that."

"You will be very welcome in our group." She laughed pulling back her hand.

"So this whole story of witches and wizards are true?" He asked seriously.

"Yes they are, as a matter of fact you're looking at a witch now." She turned on her heel and motioned for them to follow her, "the car is out front."

She walked out to the front entrance. The rain had stopped and the sun was now shining.

"Love the weather?" Cody smart mouthed.

"You're not in England unless it rains." Donovan stated.

They walked up a black sedan one very much like the one Arthur drove. "Is this the same car?" Jake asked.

"Yes, he let me borrow it." She opened the trunk and then looked at the luggage the skycap brought out. "Go ahead and get in I'll pack the luggage."

"We can't fit in there." Sonny commented.

"You first Walker." Jake grinned pushing Sonny towards the door. Sonny got into the car and slid to the far side. He was ready to make another comment when he heard the door slam and saw that all four of them were sitting comfortably.

"How?"

"Magic." Cody smiled. Donovan got into the front seat and waited for Hermione. They heard the trunk slam shut and then Hermione slid into the drivers seat.

"Everyone comfortable?" She asked.

"Yep." Cody grinned.

"Good." She checked the mirrors, started the car, looked behind her and shot into traffic.

A few hours later they were out of the city limits of London and heading towards the countryside. They talked about a wide range of things Hermione asked questions about America and what had happened.

"So you see Harry found this letter stating that you guys had been located, and they were planning on punishing you for your acts against the Dark Lord." Hermione was stating.

"Hence the phone call." Donovan stated.

"Exactly." Hermione nodded. About an hour later Hermione turned onto a side road and went further into the countryside.

"Are we there yet." Cody whined.

"Another 30 minutes Cody." Hermione laughed. "You have to know what you're looking for. Most of these roads are hidden by magic."

The whole trip Sonny just stayed quiet lost in his own thoughts. He was starting to believe but he just wasn't sure what he believed in. The sound of motorcycles woke him out of his trance. He looked behind him and could see three bikes heading their way.

"Donovan we got some bikes coming up on us fast." Sonny informed Donovan.

Donovan looked out the side mirror to see the bikes get closer. They were coming up fast and hard two of them swerved right the other swerved left. He looked closely at them and then saw Hermione shaking her head. It was the boys. Harry and Ron came up on the right both wearing black leather jackets. Harry's unruly black hair was blowing in the wind; a golden snitch was embroidered on the back of his jacket. Ron's red hair was softly flowing with the wind. A bludger was stitched on his jacket with the word Beater embroidered along the back. Draco came up on the left waving his hand at Donovan. His long blonde hair pulled back with a black tie. He had a green dragon embroidered on the back of his black leather jacket. The three pulled in front of the car and pulled away from them. Harry turned his head back and smiled. That's when Donovan noticed he wasn't wearing any glasses.

"Sirius bought the bikes for graduation." Hermione answered Donovan's question before he could answer it.

"And the jackets?" Donovan asked.

"Lupin felt the new Marauders needed a new look."

"You know them?" Sonny asked.

"Sonny you just witnessed the presence of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Draco Malfoy. 'You know who's' biggest enemy." Hermione stated.

"Whose enemy?" Sonny asked.

"Voldemort." Jake stated. "Or affectionately known as 'You know who' or 'The Emperor' or my favorite 'the old evil dude'."

Hermione looked over at Jake and sent him an evil glare. He just smiled at her and leaned his head back against the seat. They pulled into a long driveway that lead up to a large estate. As the car came around the corner the Manor came in view and Jakes eyes went wide.

"I thought I recognized some of this area," Jake commented. "Isn't that Malfoy Manor?"

"Draco inherited everything after Lucius's death so he made it into our headquarters." Hermione answered.

"You all live here?" Donovan asked.

"I take it he redecorated?" Monica asked.

"We all chipped in to redecorate the place. With some warming spells, some paint and new curtains the place is basically brand new." Hermione pulled the car up to a stop behind the three bikes and climbed out. Ron walked up to her and pulled her into his arms giving her a quick kiss.

"Missed you." Ron held her.

"Missed you to." She smiled.

"Good to see you Ron." Jake held out his hand. Ron shook it not letting go of Hermione. Jake couldn't believe Ron actually grew another inch. Poor Hermione looked small compared to Ron. She fit directly under his chin barely reaching his shoulders. Ron looked like a young man now his teenage features had started to fade. His eyes still smiled like the little boy he was deep down.

"Welcome to Malfoy Manor, minus the bugs." Draco drawled walking up to the group.

"Hello Draco." Donovan smiled. The boy had grown up. He bulked out some his shoulders were wider and he had a slight tan didn't look as pale. What Donovan noticed most was his demeanor. He wasn't as cold. His eyes shown with confidence and he had a slight smile on his face. He actually looked happy. Salem and Sirius must be doing a good job with him.

"Donovan." Draco walked up and gave the man a hug. "Good to see you."

"Good to be back." Donovan turned towards Sonny. "Sonny this is Draco Malfoy he owns this place."

"Nice to meet you Draco." Sonny held out his hand. Draco took it and smiled.

"Come on in it looks likes it's going to rain again." Draco stated turning towards the front doors. "Don't worry about your things the house elves will get it."

Two house elves, one of them being Dobby, popped out of thin air by the car and began getting the luggage. Sonny stared at them and then turned towards Jake. "I believe."

"That's good Sonny. I would hate to try and convince you." Salem Quinn Black stood in the door grinning.

"Well if it isn't Salem Quinn." Sonny shook his head. He hadn't seen her in years, five to be exact. She tried to bust one of his operations a while back, but was discovered. The team he was with wanted to kill her, but when they went to get her she had disappeared. He never figured out how she got out, until now.

"It's now Salem Black." She opened the door to let everyone in. "Oh and Sonny, by the way I am a Witch."

"I never doubted it." He grinned.

Sonny smiled at her as he walked into the Manor. He walked into a magnificent entryway. It was beautifully decorated and full of light. He looked up at the ceiling to see a chandelier of candles. As he stepped farther into the house he came upon a dark haired young man, the same one that was on the bike.

"Hello, I'm Harry Potter." He held out his hand.

So this was the famous Harry Potter. He looked too small to be an all- powerful wizard. Then Sonny looked into those green eyes. He understood what Donovan was saying. You could see the power and confidence in those eyes. They were eyes that saw a man's soul and were able to stare down even the hardest of men.

"I'm Sonny Walker." He took Harry's hand and shook it. "Nice bike."

"Thanks, you replaced Alex on Donovan's team." Harry stated more than asked.

"Yes." Sonny followed the young man into the surveillance room or at least that's how he would describe it. He heard Cody yelp with excitement and turned to see Cody standing in the doorway with a happy grin on his face.

"You like Cody." Salem smiled. Cody just shook his head up and down. "You may play with the toys." Cody just smiled and Sonny's swears skipped across the room.

"Welcome back." Sonny turned towards the voice to see a man about Salem's age wearing jeans and a black long sleeve button down shirt with unruly black hair. At first he thought it was Harry's father because of the same unruly black hair, but remembered Monica stating that Harry's parents died when he was a year old.

"Good to be back Sirius." Donovan smiled at the man and gave him a strong handshake and pulled him into a hug, the type where two brothers were reuniting. Sirius smiled at Donovan then at laughed at Cody's squealing. He then walked over to Salem slipping his arm around her waist.

"Sirius this is Sonny Walker." Salem pointed towards Sonny, "Sonny this is my husband Sirius Black."

"I've always wanted to meet the man who could tame Salem Quinn." Sonny smirked.

"Who said anything about taming her?" Sirius laughed as Salem smacked him on the arm.

"Oh great the Muggles are here."

"Hello Snape." Monica laughed, "you haven't changed a bit."

"Thank you." Snape gave her a slight smile.

"Where is Lupin?" Jake looked around.

"He should be here shortly, he had to go into town and pick up a few items." Harry answered from his position by the fireplace.

"How are you doing Harry?" Jake walked over towards him.

"Good." It was an answer Jake would have to accept. They had plenty of time to catch up. The team needed to be caught up on everything that was transpiring. By attacking Donovan and the team the war had been taken up a notch. Jake sat by the fire next to Harry and smiled. Hermione was talking with Cody about the new equipment with Ron piping in once and a while. Donovan sat with Draco and Sirius to catch up on news. Monica was laughing with Snape, which to some might seem a bit out of place, but at the Manor seeing Snape smile was becoming a familiar occurrence. Salem smiled at Sonny who felt a little left out and grabbed him and headed into the kitchen. She had some gossip to catch up on. Sonny smiled and followed her telling her all about the latest criminal activities.

As the friend reunited, so happy to be with in each other’s company they didn't see were two men that stood off in the distance watching and waiting. When Lupin reappeared at the Manor and walked into the front doors the two men apparated away from the Manor and to an old cemetery.

"They have returned my Lord, all of them are at Malfoy Manor."

"Good then we can begin our plans."



Chapter 6: The Briefing

Sonny Walker walked down the grand staircase making his way towards the kitchen, shaking the long gray strands of bangs out of his face. His body was on automatic pilot as he thought about the past 72 hours. It all started back when the bank heist went bad, when Jake pulled his wand. In that moment his world had turned upside down, but he hadn't realized it yet. Things escalated when an explosion ripped through the Nest and tore half the block apart. They made it out of the building in time because of Salem's warning.

'Now there was an interesting development.' Sonny thought to himself, 'Salem Quinn, I mean Black, a witch.' Sonny paused at the edge of stairs and looked into the parlor. Harry sat in one of the large comfy chairs in front of the fireplace, reading an old book. Sonny stood there watching the boy for a few minutes. Donovan was right, Harry was powerful, even Sonny could feel it pulsating from him. Sonny shook himself out of the trance and headed into the kitchen. Sonny couldn't help think back to his conversation with Donovan the night before. He was able to accept the fact there were wizards and witches, but Jake being one was hard to swallow.

"Jake a wizard?" Sonny had looked at Donovan as if he had grown a second or maybe third head.

"We discovered it the last time we were here. Well actually a little before that, but Hermione explained it to him and has been training Jake ever since." Donovan smiled at Sonny, trying to re-assure him.

"I'm going up to bed, this is a lot to take Donovan." Sonny headed for the stairs.

"I know." Donovan put his hand on Sonny's shoulder. Sonny turned around and looked at the younger man. One of the few men he trusted. "Trust me."

He shook himself out of the memory and yawned, "I really need some coffee." Sonny pushed the door open and walked into the kitchen. Standing in front of him was a middle-aged man about 5 feet 11 inches. He had scraggy brown hair and his robes looked a bit ordinary if not well worn. He had a brilliant smile that showed in his brown eyes. But more importantly he was holding up a cup of coffee to Sonny.

"Here you go." Remus Lupin laughed to himself at the sight of the newest member of Donovan's team. Remus had come in late and had missed the opportunity in meeting him, so when he smelled a strange scent coming towards the kitchen he figured it to be Sonny. His hearing picked up Sonny's statement so he decided to have a cup ready for him. "Do you need cream or sugar?"

"No, black is good." Sonny hesitated looking at him. He took the cup sipping the coffee it was good, very good, "thank you."

"Welcome, I heard you coming and decided to have a cup ready." Remus sat down at the kitchen table. "If you are anything like the other members of Donovan's team they drink a lot of coffee. I prefer tea personally, but Salem has gotten poor Draco addicted to the stuff. So there are plenty of varieties of coffee in the house."

"I don't mean to be rude," Sonny stated sitting his cup down on the table. "But who are you?"

"Remus Lupin." Remus smiled, "and I'm not offended."

"The werewolf?"

"I prefer to be remembered for more than just that, but yes I'm a werewolf." Remus gave him a half smile.

"Sorry, it just this is all new to me." Sonny sat across from him, "I'm Sonny Walker."

"I figured as much." Remus took Sonny's hand, "welcome to Malfoy Manor."

"Nice place."

"Yes, it is. Much better than some places I have stayed at." Remus snickered, remembering some of the places he stayed before going back to Hogwarts when Harry was thirteen.

"So what do you think of all of it?" Remus asked as he got up to refill his cup.

"I'm not sure." Sonny smiled running his fingers through his hair. "It's a lot to take in. I mean first there was Jake taking down some bank robbers with I guess, his wand. Then the nest was blown up, because this Voldemort doesn't like Jake. Then this, " as he waved his arms around the kitchen. " I mean this Manor and meeting Harry and his friends. Then to add Salem into the mix, it's just been mind boggling."

"You know Salem?" Remus stirred his tea looking up with surprise.

"Yeah, she tried to bust me a few years back." Sonny smirked.

"I thought you worked with Donovan?"

"I do."

"So then how could Salem bust you if you're a cop?"

"I'm not a cop."

"That helps." Remus smiled it was like talking to Salem or Donovan. Never quiet answering the questions yet being completely honest.

"I was a bank robber. Jake busted me a few years back, at first I escaped from prison with the help of my wife." Sonny paused. Remus knew that pause it was the one Black or himself used when talking about James or Lily. Remus smiled at him to reassure him. "She was killed a year later by someone who had a grudge against me. I turned to Donovan giving him the ultimate deal. I turned state's evidence, I worked with him to take down various criminal organizations, and Donovan in turn helped me get the killers. I've been working with him for a year now."

"And haven't regretted a moment since." Came a voice from the door. "Well maybe once or twice."

"Morning Donovan." Remus got up to get him a cup of coffee.

"Sit Remus I'll get it." Donovan walked over to the cupboard to pull a cup out when Dobby popped up.

"Excuse me, sirs."

Sonny jumped out of his chair and stumbled back. Dobby's eyes went wide. "Sorry sir didn't mean to startle anyone. Bad Dobby must punish self." Dobby started hitting his head on the cupboard.

"Dobby stop that," Harry's quiet voice came from the doorway. Dobby stopped and looked at Harry. "How about some bacon, eggs, and scones for breakfast."

"Yes, Master Harry. Master good to Dobby. Fix breakfast for Master Harry and friends."

"Its just Harry, Dobby."

"Yes, Master Harry." Dobby scampered around the kitchen calling the other house elves to start fixing breakfast.

"Would you like some tea Harry?" Remus stood to get the teapot off the stove.

"That would be lovely Remus." Harry sat down next to Donovan, who had his cup of coffee in front of him.

"Dobby didn't mean to startle you Mr. Walker." Harry looked over at Sonny who had just sat back down at the table.

"It's Sonny," Sonny smiled. "Can they do that, just pop in anywhere?"

"Pretty much." Donovan stated.

"He used to by a Malfoy elf until Harry 'the boy who saves everyone' Potter here tricked my father into freeing him." Draco came in grabbing a cup of coffee. "I do wish I had seen that. Dobby has been loyal to him ever since."

"Morning Draco." Harry rolled his eyes at Draco.

"Morning Harry." Draco took a sip, "did you sleep at all last night?"

Remus looked at Harry pointedly, "Are you not sleeping?"

"I'm sleeping fine." Harry mumbled.

"If you call, waking up at all hours of the night screaming, sleeping fine." Draco drawled.

"Harry what is going on?" Donovan looked over at him.

"Nightmares, they're getting worse by the day." Harry sighed.

"Did you ask Snape or even Draco for a dreamless potion?" Remus stated clearly upset.

"I'm fine."

"We can see that." Sonny stated. Harry looked up at Sonny. "Look kid if I can notice it that should tell you something."

"Fine I'll take the potion tonight." Harry stated getting up. "Now if excuse me I'm going for my morning run."

"Not before Master Harry eats something." Dobby stood there with a tray of food. Harry sat back down sometimes it just didn't pay to argue with Dobby. He might just curse the silverware to chase you around the room.

The five of them ate quietly. When they were finished Harry and Draco went for their morning run. While Remus headed for the Malfoy library, he had some books he wanted Jake to read. Donovan and Sonny sat sipping their fourth cup of coffee when Salem and Sirius walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." Salem mumbled grabbing the coffee pot and pouring a cup. Sirius filled the teapot with some water, and set it on the stove. When they sat down at the table two breakfasts were waiting for them.

"Looks like Dobby has been here." Sirius commented attacking his food.

Salem just looked at him over her coffee cup, "sometimes I wonder why I married you."

"Because you love the scruffy animal in me." Sirius smiled, "fleas and all."

"That's it you're getting a flea dip next time you go tromping around the forest."

Donovan was snickering into his cup. He wasn't sure what was funnier Sirius and Salem's petty argument or Sonny's confused look.

"Salem have you told Sonny about Sirius's alias?"

"No."

"Maybe you should."

"Nah, will be much fun later." Salem grinned at Sonny. Sonny just raised an eyebrow at her.

"How come I got the feeling I'm missing something?" Sonny asked as he got up from his chair and headed towards the sink to set his cup down.

"Cause you are." Sirius smiled.

"If you excuse me I'm going to explore the grounds." He smiled and headed for the door.

"Don't go out to far." Salem warned.

"I won't, just want to explore the gardens."

"Sonny there is going to be a briefing at three in the surveillance room." Donovan shifted in his chair.

"A real briefing?" Salem asked.

"Just like the ones we normally have on every assignment." Donovan stated getting up from his chair.

"Cool can't miss this one." Salem smirked.

"What does that mean?" Sirius looked at his wife, as he snitched a piece of bacon off her plate.

"Monica and Cody's briefings are not to be missed. Especially if they are doing this case, it will be interesting to see what they say about our little team." Salem grinned.

Sirius looked at Donovan for answers. Donovan shrugged and pushed the kitchen door open.

"Donovan could we join in?" Salem asked. "Our team needs to discuss a few things."

"That's fine, it would be better if we got everything on the table." Donovan pushed the door open then turned back to Salem, "better warn them about Monica and Cody."

He could hear Salem laughing as the door closed behind him. He walked into the surveillance room to see if Cody and Monica were ready. They had been up before him and had started setting up for the briefing. Donovan sat by the fireplace watching the fire dance on the logs. Harry wasn't the only one not sleeping. The look on everyone faces told him no one was sleeping, including his team. He knew he hasn't had a decent night sleep since he learned about Voldemort.

"Boss everything is up and ready to go." Cody walked over to the chair.

"There will be a few others in attendance. Salem felt it would be good if all of us met." Donovan looked up at Cody.

"That's fine boss. They might find it entertaining what we say about them." Monica smiled.

"Did you get all the info you needed?" Donovan looked at Monica.

"Yes, Dumbledore was quite helpful." Cody walked back towards the computers.

"Dumbledore?" Donovan stood and walked towards Cody.

"Yeah, we talked with him via firetalk." Monica explained. "Weird experience, basically it's
teleconferencing but through the fireplace."

"Okay, I'm going up to my room to look over some notes Sirius gave me so I'll see you guys at three." Donovan walked out of the room.

~*~

When three o'clock rolled around everyone that was residing at the Manor found themselves trying to get comfortable in the surveillance room. Monica and Cody had set up a screen and projector next to the computers. Hermione put a spell on the windows to darken the room. The room had an eerie glow, a mixture of the light from the fireplace, the candles located throughout the room, and the computer terminals.

Monica and Cody stood near the projector, Donovan sitting in a chair next to them. Salem sat in one of the chairs close by the computers grinning from ear to ear. Harry sat on the rug by the fireplace leaning up against the ottoman. Draco curled in one of the chairs resting is feet up on the ottoman, while Ron sat across from him with Hermione in his lap. Remus took the seat next to Jake. Sonny walked into the room followed by a black dog.

"Look what I found in the gardens." Sonny stated.

Harry smiled, "nice dog."

"Anyone know who's it is?" Sonny walked over to the couch sitting next to Jake.

"His name is 'Snuffles' he belongs to Salem and I." Harry stated. 'Snuffles' jumped up onto the couch putting his head on Sonny's lap while the rest of him flopped onto Remus.

"Comfortable 'Snuffles'?" Remus pushes him between him and Sonny. The dog kicked at Remus.

"Salem and I figured this would be the best way to get everything on the table." Donovan stated once everyone was quieted. "Sonny here needs to be caught up on who the players our, while we need to be caught up on the last two years. Monica and Cody will start the briefing bring us up to speed, and then Salem will take over to discuss the latest developments."

Cody grinned at Monica and began the briefing. "First off no interrupting us," he looked over at Draco and Ron

"Second it might seem a bit odd that some of you are being discussed but it's just for us to get our bearings." Monica stated.

"Now on with the show." Cody clicked on the slide projector to reveal a picture of Harry leaning on his bike. Harry sat up away from the ottoman looking intently at Cody.

"Where did you get that?" Harry asked. He could here Draco snickering behind him.

"I said no interrupting." Cody looked over at Harry.

"Where did you get that?" Harry asked.

"Colin Creevey," Monica stated.

"Colin?" Jake asked. "Is he still taking pictures?"

"Actually he's gives us excellent surveillance photos." Remus answered.

"Now if you don't mind I would like to continue." Cody huffed.

Draco smiled at Harry. "Harry, at least it will be entertaining."

"That's for sure." Salem muttered.

"Harry Potter," Cody began. He could hear Draco laughing and Harry's audible sigh. Cody cleared his throat glaring at the two boys. "He is known as 'the boy who lived'."

"Because Voldemort was destroyed the first time." Sonny asked trying to get all the information straight. "I know this is all rehash for everyone, but I'm trying to put everything in perspective."

"Understandable." Harry smiled at him.

"Yes, Voldemort was destroyed the first time when he tried to kill Harry when he was a year old. In his fourth year at Hogwarts Voldemort succeeded in gaining power and returning into human form." Hermione answered.

"Can I continue?" Cody demanded.

"Sure go right ahead you're doing a grand job so far." Draco drawled.

Cody smirked at Draco and continued the presentation. "Throughout his school years Voldemort continuously tried to kill him."

"Yet unsuccessful." Harry added.

Cody clicked on another picture showing Harry at graduation day. "After graduating Harry has made it his goal to destroy Voldemort for good. Now working as an Unspeakable he leads a unit of wizards and witches to take down death-eaters." A third picture popped up with him standing with Ron, Hermione and Draco. "Over the past few years he has become extremely powerful.

Even the most powerful wizards, such as Dumbledore, have stated that Harry has and will surpass some of the most notable powerful wizards." The picture once again switched to show a tired and bruised Harry leaning against the wall holding the sword of Gryffindor. "The reason why? Harry is the direct descendant of Godric Gryffindor. Dumbledore also speculates that when Voldemort tried to kill him as a child some of Voldemort's powers passed into Harry. So not only is he the direct descendant of Gryffindor but also absorbed powers from Voldemort who is a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin. So Harry has two powerful lines of wizardry in his blood."

"Does Voldemort know about Harry's heritage?" Jake asked.

"Yes, he knows." Harry quietly stated. He looked away from the fire and turned towards to Jake.

"Please continue," Donovan looked over at Cody.

"Harry's second in command is Draco Malfoy." The picture clicked to show Draco talking with Harry leaning over a table maps scattered everywhere.

"What?" Draco sat up.

"Come on Draco at least it will be entertaining." Harry smirked.

"Don't use my own words against me."

Cody once again glared at the two boys. "Draco Malfoy the son of Lucius Malfoy, who was Voldemort's right hand man."

"Until Donovan shot him." Jake stated.

"Two years ago Draco had turned state's evidence against his father. A few months after his father was killed in a battle on Malfoy property." Cody completely ignored Jake, "Draco inherited Malfoy Manor which is now used as headquarters to plan and carry out raids against death-eaters."

A second photo came up of Draco practicing defense moves with Salem in the meadow located towards the back of the Manor. "Draco has become the teams expert in Dark Arts. Malfoy Manor has an extensive collection of Dark Arts books, which has been studied for spells or ideas that could destroy Voldemort. He also has trained extensively under Salem in learning advance skills in various defense fighting techniques such as Ta Kwon Doe and hand to hand combat."

Sonny looked over at Draco impressed. He didn't have the stature of someone who could handle street fighting, but then again that was probably used to his advantage.

Cody clicked over a third slide to show Draco on his bike talking with Hermione. "His knowledge of the wizarding families and their weakness has proved very useful. They have been able to seize assets and freeze accounts of Voldemort's higher-ranking officers. Causing Voldemort to look for other sources of income."

"Hence the drug and slave running," Donovan, stated.

"Yes, and with Alex and Carlos hitting some of those operations, Voldemort's is starting to get annoyed and more desperate. He is starting to openly attack wizards and now muggles." Salem stated.

"The third member of the team is Ronald Weasley." The picture clicked over to show Ron sitting at a desk studying papers scattered around the desk.

"Your turn." Draco commented. Ron just smirked.

"Ron is the team’s strategist. He is the one who comes up with the battle plans or attack maneuvers. This boys is brilliant, he even beat Donovan in a game of chess." Cody smirked at Donovan. The picture clicked over to a second picture to show Ron and Harry playing Chess. "He still considers himself Harry's protector and has proved it a time or to."

"Much to my dismay." Harry stated sending Ron a mock glare.

"What happened?" Donovan asked.

"In a raid a death-eater had gotten behind Harry and was ready to attack when Ron pushed Harry out of the way and took the curse. Draco knocked the death-eater out, but Ron was seriously wounded. It took all of Snape's, Poppy's and Hermione's skills to heal him."

"And if he does it again I'll kill him." Harry commented.

Cody clicked over to the third picture of Ron and Hermione sitting by the fireplace. "The last member of the team, but definitely not the least, Hermione Granger."

"He finally gets to the smart one of the group." Jake grinned.

"Damn right!" Hermione smiled.

"Hermione Granger is the-know-it-all girl. If you want an answer she's got it. She conducts all the research for the team. She checks out backgrounds of death-eaters they are investigating. Coming up with alias for the team members, if they go undercover. She keeps track of all information going in and out of the wizarding world. If someone sneezes she can tell you who, where, why and when."

Monica smiled clicked over to a second picture of Hermione at the computer terminals. "Hermione and Ron both have become the teams computer and technological experts, designing and implementing new listening and recording devices enhanced by Magic."

"What happened to Crabbe and Goyle?" Jake looked around he noticed yesterday they weren't at the manor.

Cody clicked over to show a picture of Crabbe in a British Military uniform. "Crabbe joined the British military after graduation. He keeps Hermione informed of any military matters that might affect the wizarding world or anything he might hear about Voldemort." Cody clicked on a second picture of Goyle in muggle clothing in downtown London. "Goyle also joined up, but went into Military Intelligence. He also sends Hermione any information that he comes across. Including weird cases that muggles couldn't explain but a wizard would understand in a second."

"I hear from them about once a week." Hermione stated. "They come by the Manor at least one weekend a month to relax and get any information they might need."

"Goyle has supplied us with information about Voldemort's muggle operations. I've been sending some of it to Carlos some of these operations are located in his jurisdiction." Salem informed Donovan. He smiled at her Salem was always good at anticipating his questions.

"No offense, but who trained the team?" Sonny looked over at Harry, "I mean basically Harry here is a powerful wizard, but one needs to be trained in the arts of surveillance and espionage."

"I was getting to that," Cody stated. "Patience Sonny, the team has been trained by various individuals."

"Severus Snape," Monica clicked on a picture of Snape in muggle jeans, a black pullover sweater sitting outside a coffee shop.

"Where the hell did you get that picture?" A low growl came from the doorway.

"Hello Severus," Monica smiled at him. "Colin is an excellent tracker."

"Mr. Creevey is still a student at Hogwarts and shouldn't be tramping around muggle London taking pictures of professors." Snape sneered.

"Well shouldn't professors who teach at Hogwarts, be at Hogwarts instructing students instead of tramping around muggle London." Harry smarted back.

Snape raised his eyebrow at Harry, and then took a seat next to Draco. "Insolent little brat."

"I'm not little." Harry smiled at Snape trying not to laugh. Over the last years the two got to know and respect each other. Snape treated him like a normal person not 'the boy who lived' and he appreciated it.

"Hello, we are still here trying to conduct a meeting." Cody looked over at the group. He could here soft chuckle coming from the couch. "Stop laughing Jake."

"It's not me, it's the dog." Jake smiled. Sonny looked down at the dog, which did seem to be laughing at the situation. Actually the dog seemed to be paying close attention to the conversation.

"Professor Snape has trained the team in the arts of espionage. He spied against Voldemort for years until two years ago, when he was discovered. He also makes and enhances potions that the team can use against the death- eaters." Monica continued she clicked on a second picture of Remus Lupin. "Remus Lupin trains the team in the Dark Arts with help from Snape."

"I thought Salem taught Defense Against Dark Arts?" Jake looked over at Salem.

"I did, but Remus is much better qualified he's had more exposure and experience with the Dark Arts." Salem answered.

"Salem Black trains the team in defense techniques, sharp shooting, and keeps them in top physical shape." Monica had clicked over to a picture of Salem in her army fatigues in front of an obstacle course.

"I hate that course, Salem can be so mean." Ron cringed at the sight of the obstacle course.

"Sirius Black trains their minds." Monica continued grinning at the dog clicking on a picture of Sirius out camping with Harry. "He takes them out to the forests and trains them how to survive, how to prepare the mind, and also trained them to use the Animagus forms." She clicked on a picture of 'Snuffles'.

Sonny looked at the picture, then the dog in his lap, back to the picture, "Okay what aren't you telling me, and what is Animagus?"

Jake was snickering next to him, while Remus pushed 'Snuffles onto the floor.

"Animagus is the ability to change into an animal form freely. You have to register the forms with the Ministry so you can be tracked." Hermione informed Sonny. "But there are a few that aren't registered."

'Snuffles' yawned then stretched out his back paws then walked over to Harry and sat down. Harry patted his head and whispered something in his ears. The dog then transformed into Sirius Black.

"Now that is a useful tool." Sonny stated trying not to flinch at what he saw. "So who here is this Animagus?"

"Sirius obviously, Salem, Harry, Draco, Ron and Hermione all have unregistered forms." Remus answered.

"What animals are you?" Sonny asked.

"Yeah, we never did find out what you can turn into Salem." Jake looked over at her.

"One day you might just find out." Salem smirked.

"Does the Ministry support you?" Donovan looked at Salem. The hysterical laughing coming from the fireplace was his answer.

"No, the Ministry denies Voldemort exists and doesn't acknowledge our little group. As a matter of fact they would probably arrest us if it wasn't for the fact its Harry Potter." Salem explained.

"Do you have any relationship with them? I mean is information passed between the departments?" Sonny asked Salem.

The sound of the slide projector caught everyone's attention. "Seamus Finnegan, after graduating he became an Auror. Information that might be useful to the Ministry like possible attacks and even a death-eater being dropped off goes through Seamus." Cody paused and clicked another image up it was Ginny Weasley. "Ginny is still at Hogwarts with Colin Creevey the two of them hunt information down at Hogwarts and send through Snape back to the Manor."

"How about Pansy Parkinson?" Donovan looked over at Draco. "What happened to her after the battle?"

"Pansy's father controlled the family with an iron fist, much like Lucius. After his death Pansy and her mother were free from Voldemort. After graduation Pansy opened a dress shop with two entrances. If you walk in from the street of muggle London it looks like a normal dress shop, but if you walk in from Diagon Alley it looks like a wizard dress shop. All information passed in the muggle world or the wizard world goes through her store. All that information goes straight to Hermione." Draco informed the group.

"How much trouble does the Ministry give you?" Jake asked Harry.

"Not much, they don't want to touch me." Harry commented, "but give him time sooner or later he will do something stupid."

"Speaking of the complete idiot he's visiting Hogwarts next week. He's upset that the students seem to be preparing for war when there is no war." Snape stated.

"What does Dumbledore state?" Donovan asked.

"That it never hurts to be prepared." Snape shrugged, "I don't think that will hold Fudge off. Lucky he doesn't know that some of his top Aurors are giving information to Harry and they are getting some of theirs from us."

"Who else besides Seamus?" Jake looked at Hermione.

"Percy Weasley, Dean Thomas, and Oliver Wood." Ron answered for her.

"Voldemort is getting bolder we can't wait till Fudge gets his head out of his arse and do something." Draco stated. "So we learn where meetings are and shut them down. We try to stop raids on muggles before they happen."

"Yet the Ministry still doesn't believe that this Voldemort is running around killing people?" Sonny asked. "Now that's what I call a case of denial."

"Maybe we should rephrase that. Fudge who is head of the Ministry doesn't believe it. Other members who are higher up in the Ministry do believe it and are trying very hard to protect not only the wizard towns but muggle also." Sirius commented.

"What happened to Blaise?" Donovan watched Draco's eyes narrow at the mention of the name.

"Unfortunately he's still very much alive." Draco growled.



Chapter 7: Blaise

Blaise paced back and forth in front of Voldemort's sitting room's entrance, waiting to be allowed an audience. He had grown a bit in the past two years since the battle. His face was harder and paler from living in the darken corners of the property. His eyes held nothing but hatred, mostly for Draco Malfoy. In his mind Draco betrayed his family, his heritage, his blood, but most important his Master. He had tried to kill Draco several times since the battle and each time failed. Potter or Weasley was always around and kept saving him. Blaise's mood darkened at the thought of Malfoy and a scowl was set firmly on his face. Voldemort signaled for him to enter. Blaise walked in gracefully and bowed to his Master.

"Master, you called for me?" Blaise asked.

"I hear they captured Flint?" Voldemort hissed.

"Yes, Master they caught Flint, Lewis and the Hufflepuff."

"Make sure they are taken from Ministry custody and then killed for their incompetence."

"Yes Master, anything else?"

"I think it's time to show the world what awaits them."

"Are you sure we are ready?"

"Crucio!" Voldemort raised his wand towards Blaise who fell to the floor screaming. "You dare question me?"

"Sorry Master." Blaise bowed his head to the floor.

"Get the black raiders ready, they need to be prepared to go on Friday night." Voldemort hissed at his right hand man. "I think it's a date they won't forget."

Blaise raised himself off the floor. "Yes Master, everything will be ready by Friday."

Blaise walked out of the room and headed towards his private area, an advantage of being a loyal servant to Lord Voldemort. He walked swiftly down the halls his black robe billowing behind him. He opened the door and entered his room. There was a fire roaring in the fireplace on the left hand side. A large bed decorated with black and silver trimmings sat on the opposite side of the fireplace. A dark mahogany desk sat surrounded by books directly across from the front door. Papers and books were scattered through out the room. Blaise stripped off his robes and through it on the dark leather couch that faced the fireplace. He sat at the desk and looked at the papers in front of him.

"Potter and his little team have taken out ten death-eaters in the past six months. How are they finding their locations?" He looked at the reports given to him by one of his spies at Hogwarts. A sixth year loyal to Voldemort has been supplying him information on what their beloved Professor Snape was up to and that pesky Ginny Weasley. "Maybe we should remove the damn Weasley girl from the picture."

"Then that would get a very angry family after us." Millicent stood at the doorway. "As much as I hate those damn Weasley's we don't want the clan following in dear Ron's footsteps."

"Yes, Ron Weasley, has been a pest along with his Mud-blood girlfriend." Blaise sneered.

"I hear they are getting married."

"Great more Weasley's in the world, just what we need."

"How did your audience with Lord Voldemort go?"

"He wants everything to be ready by Friday." Blaise stated.

"Why Friday?"

"It will be two years exactly since the first battle, and the war began. An eye for an eye."

"What?"

"It's something he was taught in the muggle orphanage. An eye for an eye, a life for a life." Blaise paused, "people will die to pay for Lucius's death at the hands of his son."

"Draco will pay one day." Millicent knew Blaise was heading towards a rant about Draco and truly didn't want to hear it.

"Him and Potter." Blaise growled. "Get everyone together and make sure no one knows exactly what is going on. I don't want any leaks."

"You think there's a spy in the ranks?"

"You never know. Who would of thought Snape?"

"I'll gather the most trusted."

"Millicent by Friday the Ministry and the world will know Lord Voldemort does in truly exist."

"It will be a grand day." Millicent turned on her heel and walked back out of the room closing the door behind her. Leaving Blaise to his thoughts.

Blaise sat back in his chair contemplating what he would do next. Over the past two years he had built up his own network of spies. He had one man watching Pansy's shop; and two watching Malfoy Manor from a distance, he knew who was coming and going. He knows that the muggle wizard was back with his friends, along with the man that shot Lucius. Lucius death had hurt the death-eaters. Some had left, if Lucius as powerful as he was, could get killed what about the weaker ones. Those members were hunted down and killed. It took Blaise months to get the organization up and running and even longer to get the control he wanted. The older members didn't trust him and his only loyal followers were students from Hogwarts.

At the battle he had taken a beating from Ron and he was itching to get his revenge. He had heard from his sources at Hogwarts that Ron had taken a curse for Harry and almost didn't survive. Harry was devastated and extremely weak at that moment. They had tried to take him out again, but Sirius the damn mutt never left his side. He tried to convince Lord Voldemort that Harry's weakness was his friends. Hurt them hurt Harry. It had worked at first. When they grabbed Hermione he expected Harry to come running, what he didn't expect was Ron Weasley coming up with a plan, nor did he expect to see Snape and Black working together. They were untouchable now. Malfoy Manor was stronger than before. Draco made sure of it by using Harry's, and Dumbledore's powers along with the original wards it was harder to penetrate than Hogwarts. He needed to find a way to get them away from the Manor.

"If they were at the Ministry or Diagon Alley it would be no problem attacking them." He commented out loud. "But how to get them to the Ministry?"



Chapter 8: A Muggle Town

Bordertown snuggled up against the foothills of the mountains the consisted of the border between Scotland and England, giving the town its name. It was a small town, not very assessable from the main highways, and they liked it that way. It had a population of 126 good citizens, most of them coming from families that had lived in the area for centuries. Their small church, which was built in the early 1100's, was the town's pride and focal point. Every Sunday the citizens were called by its bells to attend Sunday service. The bells were not original to the church, but an addition during the First World War, as a means to warn the town of an enemy invasion. If the bells tolled any time besides Sunday morning the citizen would flee into the mountains.

The bells tolled loud and the sound was harsh in the quiet early morning. Citizens were awoken from their slumber wondering what could cause the bells to sound, they weren't at war there was no threat. The towns priest stood in the church's foyer ringing the bells praying the citizens would understand that they were indeed under attack. Not by enemy forces of another nation, but my demons sent from hell. A man in a black cape wearing a dark mask walked up to the priest uttering two words. The priest fell dead to the ground. The bells stopped ringing.

A young man came out of his house holding a shotgun looking for the threat. The sound of the bells had awoken him, and he knew something was amiss. The priest would not ring them unless it was an emergency and the town was in danger. The first thing he noticed was the church was on fire and it was spreading to the other buildings being fueled by a cold fierce wind.

"Fire! Fire! The church is on fire!" The young man ran out of the house dropping the shotgun and headed towards the towns water source, a small river that flowed out of the mountains and through the edge of town. The river powered the flourmill and a small pond, sat at the base of the mill. The men grabbed the fire pumps and filled them with the ponds water. None of them saw the men in dark robes watching and waiting.

"The church is to far gone, protect the other buildings." An older gentleman called out, he was obviously a leader among the men.

The men fought desperately to protect their business and homes from the fire, but it seemed nature was against them. Each time they got the fire under control a gush of wind would feed the flames. They watched in horror as the flames spread from one structure to the next.

"It's okay lads we will rebuild." The same older gentlemen patted the younger ones back as a reassurance.

"Not likely," came a cold voice from the dark. The men who fought bravely now faced a more terrify site. There stood a group of thirty men all wearing dark robes and masks. The fire behind them gave them the look of a pack of demons that had been summoned straight from hell.

"Who are you?" The older gentlemen demanded.

"Death." Was the answer, a wand was raised and the older gentlemen fell to the ground dead. The group of younger men rushed the figures in black, but each one fell dead. Not one getting close to the masked men. The town was fully awake and now understood what the bells meant. They didn't ring because of the fire, but because Hell had come to their little town. The masked men spread out torching buildings, killing anyone, no one was to be left alive. They broke into houses, destroyed property, and took what and whom they wanted.

Blaise stood off to the side watching the scene fold out below him. The black raiders had done an excellent job. Not one building stood. Not one muggle lived. As the dawn peeked over the horizon it shined onto a scene of carnage. The town was in rumbles, building destroyed, the church nothing but ashes. Bodies laid where they fell; men, women and children. There was an eerie silence not even the bark of a dog, or a chirp of a bird could be heard. In the sky's laid something even more terrifying, a black skull and crossbones. One at first would think of the pirates of old. But this was made with something far more sinister. It was the sign of the dark mark.

Lord Voldemort had been there. Death has visited this place. All be warned. Death is coming.



Chapter 9: Aftermath

The room was somber as they watched the news on TV. Harry stood by the window watching the trees blow in the wind listening but not watching. Draco paced back and forth finally coming to a stop by slamming his fist into the wall. Donovan took him into the kitchen to bandage up his hand; Remus followed mentioning something about fixing some tea. Sirius held Salem as she stared at the screen.

"Last night a tragedy hit a small farming town that sat on the border of Scotland." The reporter was standing off to the side by, what looked appeared to be a mill, only the wheel still stood. "No one knows exactly what happened here, but the citizens have been killed and the town destroyed. Some speculate terrorists, but no one has taken claim."

The camera panned to show the destruction of the town. Various officials were walking about firefighters were trying to put the last of the fires out, while others were covering the bodies of the dead. The reporters voice was solemn as he continued his report.

"Preliminary autopsy reports state that some the citizens just died of heart failure. There were no outside markings that indicate trauma. There are a few reports of women being found nude inside their homes, most likely raped then killed. Even more disturbing is the fact not even the children were left unharmed."

Hermione sobbed into Ron's arms. He just pulled her closer and caressed her hair thankful she was in his arms safe for the moment.

"What baffles police more is the sign in the sky." The camera pulled up to reveal the dark mark. "No one knows what it means, or what group it belongs to. I'm Gregory O'Neil reporting from Bordertown we will keep you posted on any latest developments."

Jake clicked off the TV threw the remote onto the table and left the room. He needed to work off some energy. Sonny sat there staring at the blank screen. He had never seen anything like this, to kill children.

"He's declared war." Harry's voice came from the window.

"This is bold for him to attack a muggle town." Remus came in with a tray of cups and a pot of tea.

"Don't you get it?" Draco came in behind him. "Don't you know what today is? Two years ago Lucius was killed."

"He wanted to make sure we would remember." Ron commented.

"How could we forget?" Hermione sneered. She got up and went to the computer terminals. "We need information and we need it now."

"First off lets find out how the Ministry is dealing with this." Salem went into action. She would deal with her feelings later. Right now they needed to find out what is going on. Remus handed her a cup of coffee and smiled. "Thanks Remus I'll be needing it."

"Your welcome," he smiled back. "So what do we know?"

"They destroyed a muggle town killing everyone." Donovan stated. "But why that town?"

"Bordertown has never gotten along with witches and wizards. As a matter of fact they prided themselves over the fact they were the first to burn a witch at the stake back in the dark ages." Draco stated pacing around the room.

"So it's just not a random killing. He picked the town and a time for a reason." Ron stated, his brows scrunched together obviously thinking. "It might be possible to be one step ahead of him."

"How?" Hermione looked over at him.

"Voldemort loves a statement. He will hit targets that mean something either to him or the wizard community." Ron looked at Hermione, "can you find out the names of towns that were anti-wizard during the Dark Ages? Also do we know what town Voldemort's father is from or where the orphanage he grew up in is located? These will be likely targets."

"We need to locate the surviving families of the victims." Sonny stated.

"There were no survivors." Remus pointed out.

"No survivors in the town, but what if one was away on business. Also possible that members of particular families moved away or went to college." Sonny walked over to Hermione, "can you get a census of that town?"

"No problem." Cody stated walking into the room. He sat at the computer and started typing away. In a few minutes he had the census. "It seems there are a few that have left the town. We could talk with them, what are you looking for?"

"An alliance, if we are at war then muggles will have to know and fight with the wizards." Sonny stated.

There was a loud bang and Snape appeared in the fireplace, followed closely by Ginny Weasley and Colin Creevey.

"We have a situation." Snape stated.

"Ginny!" Ron exclaimed then looked at her face she had a large bruise starting to appear. "What happened?" He walked over to her and tipped up her face so he could inspect it.

"Some Slytherins, who come to find out, our spying for Blaise attacked her, Mr. Creevey was able to get to her before to much damage was done." Snape stated.

Ron pulled her into his arms and smiled at Colin, "thanks."

"Who's the Slytherins?" Draco asked. He looked over at Harry who nodded back.

"Josh Needles a sixth year. He's smart, yet a bit careless." Snape stated.

Harry walked over nodding to Ron and Draco. "We will be right back." The three went into the fireplace and yelled 'Snape's Quarters - Hogwarts'.

The three landed in a heap in Snape's living room. The three stood up and dusted themselves off. They weren't the boys that ran laughing through the halls of Hogwarts, but instead they were three deadly men on a mission. The three left Snape's quarters and followed Draco to the Slytherin dorms. When they got to the portrait Harry spoke in Parlsetongue and the door opened. In the corner of the portrait a snake curled up and hissed back. Draco and Ron looked at him then the snake, but he just walked in and made sure the common room knew exactly who was at the door.

"Josh Needles could we please talk with you?" Harry quietly stated. They sixteen year old froze in fear. Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley were standing in the doorway. Ron had a calm look on his face, but he was ready to rip the arms out of the boy that hit his sister. Draco was actually smiling he looked like he was having fun.

"What the hell do you want Potter?" The boy had guts.

"Either come standing or carried, your choice." Ron stated.

The boy reached for his wand, but before he could get his hands around it, three wands were in his face. He had no idea how they got down into the common room so fast but he now understood why they were feared. Harry picked up the wand and snapped it in half. Ron grabbed the boy and headed for the door. A few Slytherins seventh years were stupid enough to stand in their way.

Draco hit them with three curses and as the withered on the floor the three agents stepped over them and out the Slytherin common room. They dragged the sixth year down into the dungeons back into Snape's quarters.

"So tell me Mr. Needles I hear you actually think Voldemort is going to win this war. Is this true?"
Draco drawled.

"Voldemort is the true Master of Wizardry not that pansy Dumbledore." Josh spit back. He was after all a Slytherin.

"Watch it boy, Harry here doesn't like it when someone insults Dumbledore. He gets all weird and violent." Ron pointed at Harry, who stood there quietly watching the boy.

"Go to Hell!"

"Who is your contact?" Harry asked quietly.

"Why should I tell you?"

"Cause I can make your life a living hell if I wanted too." Harry stated back.

"You're a joke. You think you're powerful because of that scar."

"Your Master gave me this scar, along with some of his powers. So if you think the cute little Gryffindor wouldn't hurt you, well your right. But the Slytherin in me just might. You hurt a dear friend of mine and for that you will pay." Harry calmly pulled his wand and pointed it at the boy.

"Mr. Wilson is my contact. He works in Hogsmeade as a shopkeeper. He keeps tabs on all the students which ones would be good to work with Voldemort and others they need to eliminate." The kid spilled everything.

"Thank you Mr. Needles." Draco pushed the kid out of the room. "The Slytherins will deal with him."

"Shall we go to Hogsmeade?" Ron asked.

"Yes, we shall." Harry smiled at Ron.

The three boys flooed to The Three Broomsticks and walked out into the sunlight. Hogsmeade was very somber people were quietly talking about the attack on Bordertown. The three walked towards the center of town discussing how to confront Mr. Wilson.

"Wait, do any of you know who Mr. Wilson is?" Ron stopped, he had thought back to the conversation and Needles had given information awfully fast. "I mean Needles didn't say what shop and I've never heard of a Mr. Wilson."

Draco looked at Ron, "damn the kid has guts."

"It's a trap. He wanted us here in Hogsmeade, but why?" Harry pulled his wand and looked around.

A pop was heard and Oliver Wood stood in front of them looking frantic. "Harry you three have to get back Malfoy Manor. Aurors are looking for you."

"Why?" Draco asked.

Wood was about to explain when more pops were heard. Harry looked around and the three of them were surrounded. He didn't recognize any of the Aurors accept Dean and Oliver.

"What is going on?" Ron demanded looking at Dean.

"Good work Wood you located them quickly." A dark haired Auror walked up to Wood.

Harry looked at Oliver who closed his eyes and sighed. He opened them and his eyes told Harry what he needed to know. Whatever was going on, it wasn't Oliver's fault. He tried to warn them, but got to there too late.

"What the hell do you want?" Draco drawled giving the Auror a bored expression.

"Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, and Ron Weasley you're under arrest for kidnapping a Hogwarts student and assaulting three other Hogwarts students. You are to be brought to the Ministry for trial." The dark haired Auror pulled his wand pointing it at the boys. "Please hand over your wands."

Ron looked shock, Draco was furious, and Harry smiled and began to laugh.



Chapter 10: Declaration of War

Percy Weasley Apparated to Malfoy Manor, the moment he heard the news. He ran into the house, which was filled and loud with activity. He looked for Hermione or Salem. He walked into the surveillance room but didn't see anyone he recognized.

"Excuse me where is Salem or Hermione?" He asked anyone who would answer.

"I'm right here Percy." Salem stood behind him. "What is the matter?"

"Ron, Draco and Harry have been arrested."

"WHAT!!" Yells came from the rooms.

"What for?" Sirius came down the stairs.

"Kidnapping a student and assaulting others," Percy stated. "It was a trap."

"Needles set them up." Ginny stated. "He knew if he attacked me they would go after him. He probably owled his parents or the Ministry right after they left. Damn him! When I get him hands on him." The Weasley temper was not to be reckoned with, especially coming from a Weasley woman.

"They are completely exposed at the Ministry," Remus stated. "We have to get them out."

"Hermione, Sirius, you come with me." Salem headed for the door. "Percy stay here and pass along any information you know to Donovan here. We will be right back, with Ron, Draco and Harry."

~*~

Arthur Weasley stared at Fudge as if he was a madman. "Excuse me? You arrested Harry Potter?"

"He attacked students."

"And 'you-know-who' attacked a muggle town killing everyone and you arrest Harry Potter." Arthur glared at Fudge. Ron got his temper from somewhere.

"You-know-who' doesn't exist. Harry has been running around attack prominent families on a wild goose chase. It must stop!" Fudge stated matter of fact, "I'm calling for them to be sent to Azkaban."

"WHAT!?" Arthur jumped out of his seat. "Did you learn nothing from Sirius Black?!"

"In my eyes Sirius Black is still a murderer." Fudge looked at Arthur eyes narrowing. "And your pushing insubordination."

The doors opened and the three boys were brought in. Ron smiled at his father to show him he was all right. Draco glared at Fudge with contempt, while Harry just stood there calmly.

"You three are being brought up on charges of attacking Hogwarts students." Fudge told them.

"What about counsel?" Harry spoke for the first time.

"This is a private trial."

"So the world can't see you prosecute 'the boy who lived'." Draco commented. "So they don't see the idiot you really are."

"This is a serious offense Mr. Malfoy, I should bring you up on charges for killing your father." Fudge yelled.

Draco was shocked. "My father was a death-eater. He killed my mother, and tried to kill me. And you want to put my on trial for his death?"

"This façade of 'you-know-who's' return has gone far enough." Fudge looked at Harry. "How do I know you aren't just making this up so you can play Lord Supreme."

"How dare you accuse Harry of such actions!" Ron screamed. "He has done nothing but save you and the citizens lives over and over again."

"Your son should learn some respect Arthur." Fudge looked over at him.

"My son shows respect to those that deserve respect." Arthur glared back.

The front doors banged open to reveal Salem Black standing there. Behind here was Sirius Black trying to stop reports from running into the room. In front of them was Hermione Granger crying to the reports how her fiancée and friends were unjustly accused of this crime, a crime that hasn't been proven, a crime that hasn't even been reported. Salem walked into the room closing the doors behind her.

"Tell me Fudge, are you the world biggest idiot, or a traitor?" Salem walked towards the front. "Please say traitor at least then I'll have some respect for you."

"What are you doing here? And what are those reporters doing here?" Fudge shook with anger.

"Well since you decided to arrest members of my team I decided that the community should know about how you saved them from the evil Harry Potter." Salem smirked. "Hermione didn't take it very well. She's very upset and talking about lawsuits and unjust imprisonment with out a fair trial and council."

"And the criminal Black."

"Well he's just pissed you hurt Harry. His thinking is he's already been to Azkaban what is a few more years if he kills you." Salem dropped her smile and looked at Fudge.

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm calling for your resignation. You went to far Fudge. These boys work for me! They are Unspeakables thus do things for you that your precious Aurors won't. They had proof that Mr. Needles was a death-eater thus took appropriate actions."

"They aren't Unspeakables! And you don't work for the Ministry Mrs. Black!"

A badge flew threw the air to land at the table in front of Fudge. He looked down to see the Ministry symbol and badge. The words Wizard Intelligence Minister glared up and mocked him underneath it was the name Salem Black.

"So tell me Fudge, are you an idiot or a traitor?" Salem asked once again.

Fudge glared at Salem. He was screwed. He had arrested Harry Potter the wizarding world's savior. Before he could answer the building shook. Windows blew out as the occupants were thrown to the floor. The doors slammed open with Black rushing through.

"Death-eaters!" He stated pulling Salem up.

Harry stood up to see men in dark robes and mask rush into the room. Hermione had pulled her wand and taken a few down. She ran into the small room towards Ron. The death-eaters held their wands up and aimed it at the small group.

"Did we interrupt anything?"

"Blaise!" Draco snarled. "This was your doing."

"Needles, was told to attack Weasley. You're so predictable of course you would avenge the little brat." Blaise laughed. "Fudge here then did exactly what we knew he would do, arrest Harry Potter. Getting him away from Malfoy Manor into a location less secure. Thank you Fudge your stupidity helped us."

"It's time the world realizes the truth, Lord Voldemort has returned. You will either follow him or die." Blaise glared at Fudge.

"It can't be true!" Fudge stuttered.

"Avada Kedavra." Fudge fell down dead.

"I guess he wasn't a traitor." Draco stated.

"And you will be joining him Malfoy!" Blaise raised his wand. "This time Mr. Potter can't rescue you without his wand now can he."

Draco dove behind some overturned tables causing enough distraction for Sirius and Salem to rush a few of the death-eaters. Hermione screamed out her own curses taking one down; as Ron grabbed her pulling her behind a fallen wall as a curse came in her direction. Arthur dove behind the table and crawled towards his son. He was able to get the boys wands before the trial. He had a gut feeling they would need them. As he got close to Ron he realized Harry was still standing in the middle of the room. He wasn't the only one who noticed Harry's calm demeanor.

"Accepting your fate Mr. Potter." Blaise stood in front of him.

"No, contemplating how I'm going to kill you. I haven't decided if I should do it now or let Draco do it later." Harry looked over at Draco who was crouched behind a table ready to fight. "What do you think Draco? Do you want to kill him later?"

"Harry, what the hell are you doing?" Ron screamed.

"If you don't mind Harry I would prefer to have it out with Blaise, but now is good also." Draco looked at Harry worried. He had never seen Harry this way.

Blaise laughed and pulled his wand up, but something happened that shocked the room into silence. Harry stood there with his wand pointing it at Blaise. Only a few had heard Harry's command of 'Accio Wand' his wand had flown out of Arthur's pocket and into his hand.

"I could kill you Blaise and I probably should, but go tell your master this. He has declared war and I have accepted. You tell him we will destroy him once and for all."

Harry took a step back, closed his eyes and muttered a few words so quietly that no one could understand what he was saying. As he spoke a white mist surround Blaise and the death-eaters. Blaise tried to pull up his wand towards Harry, but a strong wind flowed into the room pulling at Blaise's robes nearly knocking him over. The death-eaters were barely able to stand upright, a few staring at Harry, who stood perfectly still in the middle of the storm. Ron pulled Hermione down onto the floor covering her with his own body as protection. Arthur clung to the desk legs to keep from being pulled away by the wind. Draco covered his head against debris that was being thrown around the room. Sirius pulled Salem up against the wall holding her and himself against the wind. The wind whipped through the room covering the screams of the death-eaters. As it died down the occupants that were left in the room looked around only to see Harry standing alone. The death-eaters were gone.

"Harry?" Ron looked at his friend.

Harry turned to him and smiled. "I sent them back to Voldemort. I think he will be very upset with them, especially since they failed to capture me yet again."

"Wand-less magic?" Sirius looked at his godson.

"I noticed it a few months ago. I've been working with Dumbledore to enhance my magic. I can only do small things right now, like grab items such as my wand."

Arthur stood up and looked at Fudge's body. "Now what?"

"As a Department Minister I nominate you Arthur to take over Head of Ministry until elections can be held." Salem stated. "I will call a meeting to confirm it."

She walked out of the room followed by Arthur. Harry slumped down exhausted. He sat with his head between his legs and shook.

"Harry?" Hermione sat in front of him, "are you okay?"

"I'll be fine. Just tired." Harry mumbled.

"Let's get you back to the Manor." Sirius pulled him into his arms. "Some tea and good nights sleep will help."

"You're a mother hen, Sirius. Did anyone tell you that?" Draco smiled.

"Actually yes." He smiled. "My godson."

They Apparated out of the building back to the Manor. Percy was relieved to see them. Harry helped by Draco and Sirius went up to his room to rest. Hermione and Ron filled Donovan and the team on what happened.

"So Fudge is dead?" Jake asked.

"Yeah." Ron sat down taking a deep breath it had been a long day.

"Now what?"

"Salem is trying to get my father elected as Head of the Ministry."

"Arthur would be good at this moment." Cody stated handing Ron a glass of Brandy. "Figured you needed it."

"Thanks."

As dusk settled, still no word from Salem. An owl startled the group when it came flying into the room dropping the Daily Prophet on Hermione's lap and flew out.

"What does it say?" Sonny asked.

"Attack at the Ministry! Minister Fudge is dead after death-eaters attacked the Ministry in the hopes of killing Harry Potter. Sources tell me that Fudge had brought in Mr. Harry Potter, Mr. Draco Malfoy son of Lucius Malfoy who died two years ago in an accident, and Mr. Ronald Weasley son of Arthur Weasley for questioning about students that were attacked at Hogwarts. Salem Black along with her husband, released convict, Sirius Black was also at the Ministry in an animated argument with Fudge. Hermione Granger fiancée of Mr. Ronald Weasley was telling reports that Fudge had arrested the three boys under false pretense and holding them without proper representation. When reporters were questioning Miss. Granger death-eaters attacked. No one knows exactly what happened, but it seems Mr. Harry Potter once again saved the day. Fudge didn't survive the attack and was killed by ex-Hogwarts student Blaise Zabini. Salem Black called an emergency meeting of all the Department Ministers and nominated Arthur Weasley to replace Fudge as Head of the Ministry until elections could be held. They voted in Mr. Weasley unanimously into the office. Arthur Weasley when asked by the attack confirmed it was death-eaters and they were under the orders of 'you-know-who'. Arthur stated that with this attack by 'you-know-who' was a declaration of war on the wizard world. The open attack on Bordertown earlier this day means he has also declared war on muggles. So in turn Arthur Weasley as accepted 'you-know-who's' declaration with his own. He stated to the press, "If 'you-know-who' wants war then he will have it. The Wizarding world will not be pushed around or harassed by him. We will fight next to Mr. Harry Potter and 'you-know-who' will be defeated."

"Blaise you disappoint me, you had Harry Potter at your disposal." Voldemort hissed.

"He used wand-less magic sir."

"So Potter is more powerful than anticipated." Voldemort got up to look out the window. "If it's war they want, than war they shall receive."



Chapter 11: Diagon Alley

Pansy entered her shop at seven am preciously. She always made sure to be prompt, setting an example for her employees. When her father died she and her mother had become free from his oppression. At first she didn't know what to do, all her life she was told what to do and how to act. She was supposed to marry Draco Malfoy and be a good, quiet, loyal wife, but now she had a choice. She didn't have to be the prissy aristocrat, hanging all over Draco. She could be just Pansy, a Slytherin. She had shocked the students at Hogwarts by excelling in her classes and actually having civil conversations with others. She would sit for hours talking with Draco about classes, life without their fathers, and the future. Some thought that the two might really fall in love, but both of them knew they were just close friends. They understood the weird sensation of finally being free. Even if the Dark Lord was still out there, they had a choice.

As they neared graduation she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life. She wasn't skilled enough to be an Auror like Draco or Harry. She wasn't as smart as Hermione, even though her grades improved. She wanted to help Harry with the fight against Voldemort, but didn't know how. Then as fate would have it, Seamus was the one who gave her the idea that would change her life. She reflected back to the Yule Ball in seventh year.

~*~

"Nice outfit Pansy." Seamus stated coming up from behind. Pansy turned towards him and raised her eyebrow giving him that 'stop mocking me before I hex you' look. "I'm not mocking you, Pansy. You always look good. The colors always match and the way you tailor the robes shows a great sense of style. Maybe you should help poor Harry; he wouldn't know style if it came up and bit him. Of course, I blame those muggle relatives of his they have no fashion sense. You would think living with Draco over the summer he would have learned something, but I guess fighting the Dark Lord all the time leaves little time for fashion."

"Breath, Seamus, breath." Pansy smiled at him. The two had become friends over the past year. Even dated for a month until they both realized they were better off as friends. Pansy had begun to wonder if she was cursed, all the cute guys ended up being a good friend.

"Funny, anyway I was just thinking that you should open a shop up or something. Sell clothes and advice. I mean Madame Malkin's could use some good competition. Some of the styles she sells are just too plain. Us young wizards need style and identity." Seamus smiled and ran off into the Great Hall.

Seamus's words never left her mind. Could she do it? Then other ideas had begun to play along with Seamus's. He was right; Madame Malkin's robes were more fitting of the older generation. The young wizards were beginning to mix muggle and wizard styles together. She needed to discuss these ideas with someone. She needed to speak with Draco. She found him sitting by the fireplace in the Slytherin common room working on his Charms homework.

"Draco, can I ask you a question?" Pansy sat down across from him, leaning back in the green leather chair. After the death of Lucius the Slytherins pretty much left him alone. With Pansy also turning away from the Dark Lord the other Slytherins began to question their parent's ideas and distance themselves away from their families. Hogwarts was beginning to see a difference between a Slytherin and a death-eater; not all Slytherins were death-eaters and not all death-eaters were Slytherins. Rumors were flying about Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and even Gryffindors that were joining the Dark Lord.

"Yes, Pansy." Draco looked up from his homework.

"Seamus had a good idea and I wanted your opinion on it." Pansy stated.

"Seamus?"

"Yeah I know. Anyway, he suggested I open up a dress shop at Diagon Alley. Now before you say anything, I thought about this and what if I had two entrances? I'm good at design and fashion I mean it's one of the few things I really know. I enjoy helping others get clothes that look good on them, and I even like Muggle clothing styles. With help from Hermione I could charm the place so if a muggle enters from one side it looks like a normal dress shop and if a witch or wizard walks in from Diagon Ally it looks like a wizard shop." She smiled at Draco, "what do you think?"

"It seems you all ready got it figured out. If you want to know if I think it's a good idea, I do." Draco smiled at his friend. Pansy was beaming with joy, something he still wasn't used to seeing. She walked out of the room contemplating what she would do first.

~*~

Pansy looked around her store and smiled. Her mother put up the money for her to buy the empty space and with the help of various friends the shop had been up and running within a month after graduation. She would be celebrating her one-year anniversary in July. 'Wicked Clothiers', she still can't believe she let Ron name the store, but it drew in the crowed both muggle and wizard.

She still had felt the need to help Harry with his fight against the Dark Lord, but hadn't been sure how she could help. Then shortly after she opened she had overheard two witches discussing their husband's activities with the Dark Lord. The next day when Hermione stopped by to pick up some clothes, she mentioned what she had overheard. Hermione later informed her that the information helped Harry take down two more death-eaters and save a muggle family. From there on out she listened carefully to any news coming into the store or on Diagon Alley and passed that information onto Hermione. It was her way of helping with the cause.

Pansy put her things in the back room and headed towards the front of the store. She needed to re-adjust some of the displays for the new summer fashions. As she reached the front windows the world exploded around her. She screamed falling to the floor barely avoided being hit by a shelving unit full of clothes. She pulled out her wand quickly said a protection spell that Harry had taught her. She barely uttered the last word when everything went black.

Hermione pulled in front of 'Wicked Clothiers' a few minutes after seven. She wanted to talk with Pansy about the Ministry incident and if she had heard anything. Monica was bored so a trip into London sounded nice. She thought it would be a bit fun to buy a wizard robe, it would make a great Halloween costume.

"Once we talk with Pansy we could have breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron, then go shopping in downtown London." Hermione smiled at Monica, it would be nice to get away from the boys.

"Sounds great. Now will I be able to see the full shop?" Monica asked.

"Yes, I'll change it so only you can see it." Hermione smiled as she reached to open the front door. The ground shook and a loud explosion ripped through the street. The shops windows blew out throwing Hermione and Monica away from the shop and into the street. Hermione grabbed Monica and dove behind the car muttering various spells of protection. Monica just prayed she would live to see Halloween.

~*~

Seamus Finnegan walked into the Ministry building early. After the arrest of Harry and subsequently the attack, the Ministry has been working non- stop to get geared up for the pending war. Seamus was promoted to work directly with Arthur on setting up defense in various places that the Dark Lord may attack. He was working specifically on defending muggle locations since he himself is muggle born. He walked through the empty halls towards his office. He unlocked his office door walking into the spacious room, sat down in his chair to look out the window that faced Diagon Alley. Benefit of working directly with Arthur is an office with a great view of Diagon Alley, and if he looked really hard he could see Pansy's store. He sat back and watched the people walk to and fro preparing for the day. Shopkeepers cleaning their stoops, early shoppers waiting for various shops to open sipping tea at the bakery shop on the corner, and employees heading to various locations hoping not to be late. Seamus turned in his chair to face his desk and the day's work that needed to be done. He was thrown against his desk when an explosion shook the building. He turned back to the window and watched in horror, as parts of Diagon Alley were ripped apart. His stomach turned when he realized that it was the section where Pansy's shop was located. He flew from his office, down the hall, and out the door when he saw and felt the second explosion rip through the area near Gringotts bank. He was flown from his feet and against the wall. Diagon Alley was in chaos.

Harry fell to the kitchen floor screaming in pain gripping his forehead. Salem dropped her coffee cup and ran to him pulling his thrashing body into her lap.

"Draco, get a cold cloth." She yelled as Draco handed her the wet cloth.

"What's wrong?" Sonny looked at Draco, concern itched on his face.

"He's having a vision. When Voldemort decides to be really nasty Harry can see what he is doing and feel the pain he's conflicting on others." Draco kneeled next to Harry looking at Salem. "Is he going to be okay?"

"I don't know." Salem held Harry's head in her lap. Harry just thrashed screaming no over and over again.

Inside the surveillance room Jake turned on the TV to check the local news. What he saw made him sit down fast. "DONOVAN!"

Donovan came into the room, "what?"

"He's struck again." Jake pointed at the TV.

Donovan sat down on the couch watching the news coverage. The camera was showing a street in downtown London torn to bits by an explosion.

"Two explosions ripped through a quiet London neighborhood a little after seven this morning destroying everything. Fire crews have been working non- stop to put out the fires that were caused by the explosions. Search and rescue are organizing units to go in and search for victims." The cameraman turned the camera towards the reporter it was the same man who reported on the destruction of Bordertown. He looked distressed and shaken. The screen split to show a woman in the news office, "Any word on what caused the explosions?"

"No, not yet, some are saying Terrorists. Some even speculating the same ones that destroyed Bordertown a month ago." The reporter stated looking back at the destruction. "The odd thing is there seems to be more damage in the back of this street then in front. A couple of rescue workers stated that the damage goes back deeper than they anticipated. The interesting thing is that according to the layout of the streets they is nothing behind this set of buildings." The scene split back to the news.

"What do they expect to find in the rubble?" The lady newscaster asked the report.

Donovan didn't stay around to hear the answer he jumped up and ran into the kitchen. Harry was lying on the floor with his head in Salem's lap. "What happened?"

"Vision." Draco stated. Harry seemed to be coming around. He groaned and opened his eyes. "Harry can you hear us?"

"Voldemort." Harry hoarsely stated.

"He attacked Diagon Alley." Donovan stated.

Salem looked up at him, "what?"

"The news, Jake had turned on the TV and they were reporting about an attack on downtown London. Said two explosions ripped through the shops."

"Pansy!" Harry jumped up swaying a bit. Draco reached out to steady him. Harry looked up at Draco, "Voldemort sent in two suicide bombers into Diagon Alley, one went off near Pansy's shop the second by Gringotts."

"Hermione and Monica were heading over there this morning." Salem closed her eyes.

"Draco, go get Ron. Harry sit down and recoup for a moment." She pushed Harry down and handed him some water and aspirins. Harry thanked her and downed them. Sirius followed Ron and Draco into the kitchen. "Good Sirius contact Dumbledore and set up a meeting with the Order. Ron, Draco, and Harry you three come with me."

"You're not leaving us behind." Sonny stated. "Monica is also out there."

"I know Sonny, but they won't let you guys drive in. We are Apparating into Diagon Alley. You guys keep watch here and monitor the systems to see if any information comes through. We will keep in contact with you."

Salem nodded at the three boys and the four of them Apparated into Diagon Alley. When they appeared chaos and destruction was all around them. People were crying and dazed. Some looked up and hope filled their eyes when they saw Harry standing there. Ron ran straight for the shop followed closely by Draco and Harry. Salem headed towards the Ministry to see what they knew.

Harry rounded the corner to see Seamus standing there holding a distraught Pansy. "Are you two okay?"

Seamus looked up with tired eyes, "he destroyed Diagon Alley."

"Don't worry Seamus he will pay." Harry put a comforting hand on his shoulder. Pansy sobbed and through herself into Harry's arms.

"It was horrible. I was so scared." Pansy cried. Harry comforted her saying soothing words into her ear. He looked over to see Ron carrying Monica through the destroyed store with Hermione struggling behind him.

"Hermione?" Draco ran up to steady her.

"I'm a bit shook up and bruised nothing broken. Monica has a broken leg, I think." Hermione sighed.

Ron set Monica down gently taking off his robe to put behind her head. She smiled at him, "is it always this active?"

"Well you wouldn't want to miss anything exciting now would you?" Seamus bent down next to her. "Now let me see that leg."

Seamus pulled out his wands and cast a few healing spells. "Wow, that could be useful on the field." Monica smiled at him.

"Pansy, can you tell me what happened?" Harry tipped Pansy's chin up so he could look at her. Her hair was slightly singed and filled with dust and debris. Her face was covered with dirt and soot and streaked with tears.

"I just heard an explosion and the building shook. I fell to the ground but was able to dodge a display that came crashing down. I cast a protection spell and then everything went black. The next thing I knew Seamus was pulling me out from under the rubble. I think the clothing softened the impact of the debris." She tried to smile but it didn't reach her eyes. She leaned her head back against Harry's shoulder.

"Hermione how about you?" Harry smiled at his friend. She buried herself in Ron's arms.

"It threw us into the street. I just reacted, grabbed Monica and cast a protection spell. When things started to settle down I looked around and the street was gone." Hermione looked up at Harry, "magic didn't cause this explosion, I didn't feel any disturbance or darkness."

"There was enough C4 on each of the bombers to take out a couple city blocks." Salem stated walking up. She put her hand on Draco's shoulder to get him to stop pacing. "He used muggle technology. Ironically it was magic that saved most of Diagon Alley. The magic protected most of the buildings. The buildings attached to the Muggle street were hit the hardest any of the shops located farther in were singed and have some damage but not nearly the destruction it could have been. Gringotts technically should have been leveled but the goblins have that place well protected."

"How bad?" Draco asked sitting down on what used to be a sidewalk.

"Considering what it could have been, not bad." Salem smiled at Pansy. "These sets of shops next to the Muggle Street are destroyed, the explosion also destroyed the muggle neighborhood taking out all their shops and a few homes. We were lucky the two suicide bombers went early. If they had waited just one more hour there would have been severe casualties."

"How many dead?" Harry sat next to Draco pulling Pansy down with him.

"So far the number is around 20." Salem sighed the loss was still devastating but compared to what it could have been. "Like I said an hour later the loss would have been worse. The streets would have been filled with workers and shoppers. Ironically the Muggle shops weren't open yet so no customers only a few employees, but the houses were empty because they had left for work or school already."

"This could have been bad; I mean devastation that would have the potential to destroy our world. They tried to destroy Gringotts our source of economy. Think how badly the terrorist attack was in America. The stock market crashed hurting the market, jobs and confidence in the economy. Gringotts is our economy it would have not only hurt moral, but also our very own way of supporting our defenses. Lucky those bloody Goblins are extremely protective and so many spells and wards on that place that the explosion just bounced off destroying other shops around them, but the bank isn't even singed." Salem sat next to Draco. "If anything Voldemort screwed up. Instead of hurting morale he's strengthened are resolve. Basically the Ministry will now have the wizard world's full support in fighting Voldemort. Or as us American's say 'don't tread on us', ironically the flag is a serpent curled up ready to strike. Fitting don't you think?"

"Harry?" Pansy sat back and looked at him. Her eyes had taken on a seriousness that no one had ever seen before. "Promise me he will pay. Promise me you will hunt that bastard down and rip his cold heart out."

"Do you want wrapped in a bow?" He smiled at her.

She grinned back, "yes and we will feed it to 'Snuffles'."

"What did Sirius ever do to you?" Salem laughed. "Let's head to Hogwarts so you three can be checked out." They got up and followed Salem. Harry watched as Aurors ran around searching and keeping people calm. "Would you believe Lucky Cauldron wasn't touched?"

"Figures." Ron smiled pulling Hermione up into his arms. Seamus picked up Monica and they walked towards the Leaky Cauldron.

Once inside Tom had set up a temporary shelter. He had tables full of food and water for rescue personal Muggle and wizard alike. His rooms were open to those that lost their homes or shops.

"Hello Tom how you holding up?" Salem leaned against the bar very tired.

"Good as can be expected." Tom smiled, "do you need anything?"

"Just your fireplace." Salem responded.

"Go ahead there are no muggles in here at the moment." Tom went back into the kitchen to bring out more food.

The small group walked to the fireplace. Draco pulled out some floo and threw it in calling out for Snape. Snape's floating head appeared over the flame.

"Draco are you all right?" He asked very concerned.

"Yes, we are heading towards Hogwarts have Poppy ready Monica, Hermione and Pansy are injured. Also contact the Manor, tell them where we are and they everyone is okay." Draco answered.

"Everything will be ready when you get here." Snape's head disappeared and the fire died down. Draco then took more floo powder and stepped inside the fireplace. He threw the powder down and stated "Hogwarts - Infirmary". The others followed suit, by the time Salem came into the infirmary Poppy all ready had Monica comfortable and on the way to recovery. Hermione was laying down being held by Ron. What surprised her the most was the way Harry wouldn't let go of Pansy. He helped her into the bed and kept her calm by talking softly.

"Poppy will take good care of you." Harry smiled at her.

"Are you leaving?" Pansy looked up at him.

"I have to talk with Dumbledore, but I'll come check on you." Harry stroked her hair and leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. Poppy walked up and smiled at the two.

"Don't worry dear I'll give you something for the pain and help you get some sleep." Poppy smiled at Pansy and patted her arm affectionately.

Harry got up out of his chair and headed towards the front entrance. Draco stood there leaning up against the door arms crossed looking at him with his eyebrow raised.

"What?" Harry asked as Ron came up from behind.

"Oh, nothing." Draco grinned. "Come on lets go find Dumbledore." The three walked into the hallway to see Donovan and his team racing up the hallway.

"Is Monica okay?" Jake asked.

"She's sleeping. Poppy healed the fracture but she wants her to stay in the infirmary overnight to rest." Harry smiled at the relieved looks on their faces. "Go ahead on in, but don't be surprised if Poppy kicks you out."

Donovan smiled, took a deep breath and led the team into the infirmary. The three boys walked down the hallway heading towards Dumbledore's office. They arrived to the gargoyle to see Snape waiting for them.

"Everyone is already here." He informed them. He stated the password and they walked up the stairs into Dumbledore's office. Salem and Sirius were sitting on the couch. Remus stood behind them pacing a bit. Arthur was sitting in front of Dumbledore's desk. Harry sat in the chair across from Arthur while Ron leaned up against the back wall next to Draco. Snape stood by Dumbledore's desk.

"Arthur any word on the destruction of Diagon Alley?" Dumbledore asked. The twinkle in his eyes was gone.

"About ten shops were destroyed. Ironically Ollivander's wand shop wasn't even touched. The power from the wands deflected any of the explosions. Before I came the casualty list was up to twenty-six people that is not including any muggles that got caught on the other side of the street. As for the attitudes of the people, to be honest they are pissed."

"Sir, I would think it best we moved the team to Hogwarts. I guarantee he will strike at Malfoy Manor." Salem suggested. "Plus it will give Hogwarts extra protection. These kids need security and honestly as much as Harry is going to hate to here this. If they see Harry walking around they will feel more secure."

"What about Blaise's supporters in Slytherin?" Ron asked.

"I'll take care of my house Mr. Weasley." Snape coolly looked over at Ron.

"We need help fighting him." Harry stated. "I know I'll face him myself but he has gotten a strong following. If he is attack muggles we will need muggles to attack back. Maybe we should consider opening up an alliance."

"Whom would we make the alliance with?" Draco asked pulling himself from the wall. "I mean who do we contact? Do you know anyone? Cause I don't."

"Don't worry about that Draco there are a few of us that do have connections outside the wizard world." Salem smiled. "Your right Harry we need all the help we can get. I'll make some calls."

"In the meantime, move the team and operations here. Mr. Donovan and his team can have the same room's they had before, and I'll set up some suites for your team Salem." Dumbledore smiled at the group. "Voldemort may have hit us hard, but we will just strike back. What is that statement the muggles use?"

"He might have won the battle but not the war?" Salem grinned.

"No, oh yes I remember 'Revenge is sweet'." Dumbledore smirked, "lemon drop?"

"Are you sure you weren't Slytherin back in school?" Sirius looked over at the headmaster at Hogwarts. Dumbledore just smiled at the ex-convict and dran



Chapter 12 - London Underground

Sonny Walker sat on the subway heading towards downtown London wondering exactly how did he get into this predicament. After the bombing of Diagon Alley the team moved their headquarters from Malfoy Manor to Hogwarts. When they arrived at the school Sonny just stood at the front doors gaping at the castle. The beauty of the castle was something he had never seen nor could he have ever imagined. It was humbling and breathtaking all at the same time. When he first laid eyes on Dumbledore his firsts thoughts were of Merlin. Later when he mentioned this observation, Cody explained that he also thought of Merlin when he first he saw Dumbledore. Dumbledore had been kind enough to explain to them that Merlin had died over a thousand years ago. Harry had taken it upon himself to show Sonny around the castle, while at the same time explaining the various courses the school taught. Sonny had to give credit to Dumbledore and the staff for making the atmosphere light and educational, despite the pending war. They taught classes and went along with life at Hogwarts like nothing had changed. It didn't matter to the students that muggles were staying there, nor the fact the famous Harry Potter had returned to the school grounds. Sonny actually noticed that the students seemed calmer with Harry walking around.

Salem had explained to everyone that they were going to try to make alliances with various groups to fight against Voldemort. Hagrid had all ready been talking with the giants in coming on their side and so far it seemed they would only fight if they were threatened. Arthur Weasley sent out diplomats to other wizard communities through the world asking for their help. Salem decided to hunt up some of her old contacts in the military, while Donovan was contacting some of his old friends. And that is how Sonny found himself sitting on the subway heading towards downtown London with one Remus Lupin on one side and Harry Potter on the other.

The three men walked out of the subway station into the business district of London. The sun was starting to set and the streets were fairly quiet. Sonny stepped onto the street to hail a cab, to take them to Club 33 1/2. The cab driver raised his eyebrow at the destination, but like all good cab drivers didn't say a word. Twenty minutes later the cab pulled up in front of an old warehouse that had been converted into a nightclub. Two large men, that put Crabbe and Goyle to shame, stood out front keeping the line of people, waiting to get in, at bay. There were all types of people lined up in front of the club. Some dressed to the hilt with tuxedos and evening gowns. While others had barely any clothes on at all, one couple seemed to be sharing an outfit.

Sonny stepped out of the cab and walked up to the bouncers. He put on his patented Walker grin, "Hey boys got any room for Sonny Walker and his friends." He gestured towards his two companions that were standing off to the side, who looked out of place. As a matter of fact Remus and Harry both had that complete innocent look that didn't blend well into the seedier sides of London.

"I heard Sonny Walker had been jailed." Bouncer number one stated.

"Do I look like I'm in jail?" Sonny smirked.

"I'll contact the boss." Bouncer number two turned and headed into the club.

Sonny walked back over to Harry and Remus waiting for the bouncer to return.

"Is this going to work?" Harry asked.

"Yeah Scotty and I go way back." Sonny smiled.

"For some reason that doesn't encourage me." Remus looked at the now grinning Sonny Walker.

Bouncer number two came back out of the club and motioned for the three of them to follow him. "See I told you it would work." Sonny patted Remus on the back and entered the club.

The club was pulsating with activity and energy. One large dance floor was in the center surrounded by bars on each side. Stairs lead up to a second floor that was filled with tables and chairs and bar. The club was well known and famous everyone wanted to get into the club, making it difficult to move. Remus reeled back from the overload on his senses; he could smell the stages of arousal from the occupants of the club, and the music was pounding in his ears. He had to grip onto Harry's shoulders to steady himself.

"You okay Remus?" Harry asked concerned for his friend.

"Yeah, just give me a second to adjust to the atmosphere." He smiled and then shook his head.

Sonny looked back at his followers. He hadn't been able to leave Hogwarts without either one, they both wanted to come along to help if need be. He didn't think Harry or Remus could handle themselves in a place like this. The club was just a front for the underworld there were many unscrupulous men through the premises, men that would eat Harry alive and spit him out in two seconds flat. Harry looked out of place. He looked like an innocent. He didn't belong here. Sonny decided he would have to keep his eye on the kid make sure nothing happened to him. He had a feeling Salem would kill him if a hair on his head was out of place when they got back.

Sonny leaned up against the bar and asked for scotch on the rocks. Harry helped Remus sit down at the bar and then leaned up against the bar next to Sonny.

"You want something kid?" The bartender asked Harry. Sonny turned ready to state that Harry wasn't drinking since he was underage when Harry spoke up first.

"Yeah give me a tequila straight up with a shot of whiskey." Harry answered.

"You got ID?"

"No."

"That will be seven even."

Harry pulled out a ten and threw it on the bar. "Keep the change." Harry licked the salt, downed the tequila, and sucked the lime. Then finished it off by downing the shot of whiskey in one swallow. He wiped his mouth and turned around to lean against the bar and survey the room. He noticed two sets of very curious eyes on him.

"Where the hell did you learn to do that?" Remus demanded, even though he had a sneaky suspicion that the name Salem or Draco might pop up.

"Salem took Ron, Draco and I drinking one day." Harry smirked at the fish look Sonny had adopted.

"What?" Remus looked stunned.

"Salem figured under the circumstance that it might be wise for us to blend into all habitats of life; including clubs and drinking. So she made sure we knew are limits on how much alcohol we could handle so we would never get ourselves into a situation." Harry explained now laughing at the two men's look.

"Does Sirius know about this?" Remus snickered.

"Yeah, he had to pick us up out of jail. Let's just say Draco can't hold his liqueur very well." Harry laughed.

"What do you expect from a women who was trained as a Ranger." Sonny commented. "She could probably drink me under the table."

Just then a well-dressed man in a suit walked up to the group and motioned with his hand that they were to follow him. The small group followed him into a back door that lead to a barely light hallway. He pointed towards the door at the end of the hallway and walked back into the club.

"Talkative fellow." Harry commented. Sonny just looked at him and walked towards the door.

The door opened to reveal a passage way that lead farther underground. "Shall we see what's down the rabbit hole, Alice?" Sonny smiled, he got two blank looks for the comment. "Alice in Wonderland??" Both men blinked. "Okay maybe not, anyway shall we keep going?"

Harry pulled his wand out and nodded. Sonny led the way, Remus right behind him and Harry coming up the rear. They walked it seemed a couple of blocks when they come up to a second door this time with a guard in front.

"State your business?" The guard filled half the hallway.

"Sonny Walker here to see Scotty." Sonny stated hands crossed in front of him giving the guard a threatening pose.

"Stay here." The guard opened the door and walked inside. A few minutes later the door opened, "go on in."

Harry and Remus walked in behind Sonny into a lavishly decorated room. Sonny greeted a middle-aged man that was a bit taller than Sonny's 6'1" frame. He was wearing a dark gray suit that fit his medium frame. His blue eyes contradicted his black hair speckled with gray, the only sign of his age.

"What brings you to London, Sonny?" He had a thick Scottish accent. He gestured to the chair in front of him.

"Business." Sonny sat down leaning back into the chair.

"I heard you're working for the feds."

"I work for Donovan's group."

"Donovan's a good man, good instincts, to bad he went into law enforcement." The man grinned. "So what did you need to see me for?"

"Been watching the news, Scotty?" Sonny sat forward in his chair leaning towards Scotty.

"Yes, it seems London is being plagued with terrorists." Scotty eyed Sonny carefully.

"I know who's behind it, and I'm asking for your help."

Scotty leaned back in his chair. He eyed Sonny carefully weighing the information, "who?"

"First off Scotty I need you to listen to me fully, and keep an open mind." Sonny sighed. He ran through his hair and looked back up. "Can you imagine someone worse than Hitler? A group worse than the Nazi SS?"

"What exactly are you trying to say Sonny?" Sonny had Scotty's full attention.

"The man responsible for the bombings a week ago, and the destruction of Bordertown is evil pure and simple." Harry spoke from behind Sonny.

"Who are you?"

"Harry Potter sir, and what we are about to tell you will shock you. But, I hope you will at least listen." Harry stated Scotty nodded for him to continue. "First off I should ask you, do you believe in magic? Have you seen things that you just can't find a plausible answer for? There is a second world that isn't seen, a world of witches and wizards, filled with magic."

"Excuse me?" Scotty looked startled.

"Let me demonstrate." Harry pulled out his wand and transformed the coffee table into a chair then back into a table.

Scotty sat stunned, he reached out to touch the table to make sure it was real. "Please do go on."

"The men responsible for the bombings are called death-eaters. They follow an evil powerful wizard named Lord Voldemort. Voldemort hates all thing muggle."

"Muggle?" Scotty looked at Sonny.

"Someone non-magical, like us, we are Muggles." Sonny explained, "Harry and Remus here are wizards."

"Voldemort hated his father, who was a Muggle, for abandoning the family. His mother died when he was young and he was forced into an orphanage. His hatred for Muggles and Muggleborn wizards - witches or wizards that are born from Muggle parents." Harry explained before Scotty could ask. "He set out twenty years ago to rid the wizard world of muggle born wizards. My parents stood against him. A trusted friend betrayed them and Voldemort killed both of them. When he turned his wand onto me, something happened. The spell backfired and instead of killing me it rebounded onto him destroying him yet I lived."

"How old were you?"

"A little over a year-old." Harry smiled. "To make a long story short when I was eleven I discovered I was a wizard and entered Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In my fourth year Voldemort rose again and now walks this earth destroying anything in his way."

"So this Voldemort destroyed Bordertown? Why?" Scotty couldn't believe what he was hearing. He looked over at Sonny his eyes asking if this was for real.

"All this is real Scotty I've seen it." Sonny smiled.

"Bordertown and wizards go way back to the Dark Ages. They burned witches at the stake and Voldemort decided to punish them." Remus spoke quietly from his place against the wall.

"Why are you here?" Scotty asked.

"We need your help?" Sonny stated. "He's attacking Muggles and Wizards neither are safe. So it's time we work together."

"But what can I do? If half of what you tell me is true what can I do against him?"

"Organize the underground get us weapons, equipment. Voldemort has entered this world in disguise of Tom Riddle."

"Riddle you say. Yes, I have heard of him. Not happy about some of the things he's done." Scotty practically growled. "You want me to go after the
illegal trade side."

"Yes." Sonny smiled. "Carlos has hit a few of his operations. We are trying to cut off his money supply."

Scotty stood up and headed towards Harry. "How old are you?"

"I'll be twenty July thirty-first."

"So young," Scotty looked over at Sonny.

"This Friday go to King's Cross Station to platform's 9 3/4. Remus will be waiting for you, he will bring you to Hogwarts where you can get more information about the role your organization will be playing." Harry stated.

Scotty looked at Harry sizing him up to see if he was trustworthy. You didn't stay alive in this business for long if you don't learn to use your instinct with people. He nodded and headed for the door. "My guard will lead you back to the club. Sonny stay for a minute."

"It was nice meeting you." Harry held out his hand.

"It's been interesting to say the least." Scotty took it. Remus and Harry walked out and headed for the club.

"Sonny I'm going on a lot of faith on this."

"I know Scotty." Sonny stood and walked over to the door. "Donovan trusts them, that should tell you something." Sonny paused and looked up into Scotty's eyes. "I know you felt the power coming off Harry, don't deny it."

Scotty nodded, "he's young."

"He's seen more in twenty years than I have in my forty plus. I would put my life in this kids hands. I've seen what this Voldemort can do. He makes Hitler looks innocent. Just meet us at King's Cross on Friday. If you're still unsure after talking with the full group then you can walk away and no one will think less of you." Sonny opened the door and headed down the hallway.

The noise from the club hit him as he walked back inside. He found Harry and Remus by the bar drinking a beer. He sat down at the bar motioning for the same and sighed.

"Will he show up?" Harry asked.

"I don't know." Sonny took a swig of his drink.



Chapter 13: Meetings

Frank Donovan sat down with his coffee in front of a small café located next to a busy Paris Street. He sipped his coffee, watching people going to and fro busy with their own lives having no clue of the dangers in this world. He picked up the newspaper reading the articles written about the bombing of a small shopping district near downtown London. The article made no mention of the odd occurrences surrounding the explosions or the fact rescue workers had stated earlier that they discovered a street that looked like it was straight out of a Charles Dickens novel. Salem had explained to him that the ministry had worked over time to contain the situation, erasing parts of the rescue workers memories. There was one thing to bring in a select group of muggles to help in the fight against Voldemort, but something entirely different to inform the masses that there was a evil Dark Lord out to destroy their very existence.

The waitress brought him his pastry and warmed up his coffee. Donovan smiled at her as he folded his paper and set it down on the table. As he reached for the cream, he noticed his guest.

"I've been working in this business for years and still can't figure out how you do that." Donovan smiled grabbing the cream and pouring some into his coffee.

"Trade secret," his guest smirked.

"Would you like some coffee?" Donovan signaled the waitress.

"Sure and a croissant if you don't mind."

The waitress nodded and headed back into the small café. Donovan eyed his companion carefully the years have been good to him. Last he had seen him was in China about seven years ago. His 5'10" frame was still very strong and looked coiled ready to attack or disappear. His brownish/blonde hair had been cut short. It was his eyes that always intrigued Donovan they were like hard stone, no emotion going in or out. He looked more relaxed than the last time he had seen him, 'retirement must be a wonderful thing' Donovan thought.

"How have you been doing?" Donovan asked.

"Good, how did you find me?" The waitress came back with his coffee and croissant. They paused for a second until she went back inside the café.

"Straight to the point aren't you."

"If it was anyone else I wouldn't of showed, but you helped me out those years ago and I decided to see what you want. Besides I hear you quit the company."

"No one ever quits. You of all people should know that."

"What do you want?" Donovan's companion sipped his coffee.

"Ever hear of Tom Riddle?"

"I've heard whispers about that name." He set the coffee down eyeing Donovan suspiciously.

"What type of whispers?"

"Bad ones, ones that are only spoken in the dark."

"There is a reason for that. He's evil pure and simple."

"There are degrees of evil."

"This evil is rates up there with Hitler. But Riddle won't stop at the Jews." Donovan looked his companion in the eyes. "What I'm about to tell you will defy logic, but I need for you to understand."

"You've got my attention."

"This Tom Riddle is a wizard." Donovan paused his companion just raised his eyes but didn't interrupt. "He feels that anyone who is not a wizard, a muggle, or a muggle born wizard, parents who are not wizards, should be destroyed. He's behind the terrorist acts in London."

"The shopping district?"

"What do you remember about the first reporting?"

"The damage was bad, but it seemed as if another section of the block absorbed the blast. Also rescue workers found odd materials scattered through out the rubble."

"Then what?"

"Nothing, just reports about terrorism, nothing about odd occurrences it was as if the reporters and rescue personal forgot all about the strange happenings."

"The shopping district wasn't the target but instead a wizard community. It just affected the street because the explosions blew out instead of in." Donovan paused as the waitress warmed their coffee.

"Does this deal with Bordertown?" The guest asked when the waitress walked away.

"Yes."

"What do you want from me? And why are you telling me this?"

"We need help. You have skills that we could use to fight him and his followers."

"Why does the Riddle want to destroy the non-magical world?"

"Because he has an issue with is father, who was a muggle. The same reason Hitler destroyed 6 million Jews, he had issues with his mother, who was Jewish. Know this, Riddle is hell bent on destroying all muggles and muggle born. And until he does, he will never eat, he will never sleep, and he will never stop."

"Why should I believe you?"

"I can only ask you to trust your instincts and me. Go to King's Cross Station in London, England be there on Friday at 2pm, there will be someone waiting for you. He will then take you to our headquarters, where you will learn all that you need to know. After, if you still want to walk away I'll understand."

"King's Cross Station, Friday 2pm?"

A car horn blared and tires squealed as a car barely avoided a bicyclist crossing the street, the commotion caught everyone's attention sitting outside the café. Donovan turned his attention away from the scene and back to his guest, "Kings."

The seat was empty. Donovan looked around quickly, but his guest was nowhere in sight. A napkin slightly blowing in the wind caught Donovan's eye, 'I'll be there'. Donovan sat back in his seat and finished his coffee.

~*~

Salem walked up to the front entrance of the British Military base located outside London. She wore her US Ranger uniform showing her rank as Captain, her military ID showed her retirement status as a liaison between military and government officials. Civilians were never granted access to a base unless they had received previous permission, but military personal could come and go with proper ID. Even though she was a US military officer, the rank of Captain still carried weight, granting her access to the base. She asked the MP where the Officers Club was located he pointed her in the right direction. She stepped into the lobby of the Officers Club quickly getting her bearings. Salem looked around to see if she could spot the particular general she was looking for. She had shown up at his office in London, but was told that the general was attending a luncheon at the Officers Club on base. Like all good military luncheons that met the Officers Club, they were most likely to be held in a private room in the back, where the good ole boys can smoke and drink talking about the by gone years. She noticed a back room with a young Lieutenant guarding the slightly opened door. She grinned and headed directly for it. As she got closer the Lieutenant went into action steeping in front of her blocking her entrance to the room.

"Ma'am no one is allowed in."

"I would like to speak to General McClellan." Salem stated making sure she got the attention of the men in the room.

"He's busy at the moment."

"Tell him Captain Quinn is here to see him, and it's about Bordertown." Salem stated looking towards the room.

"I told you the General is..."

"Lieutenant it's alright." An older gentleman in his early fifties stood at the doorway, wearing his military fatigues. Three stars could be seen on his shoulder giving him the rank of general. He was tall topping off at 6'2" and was in good form for his age. His black hair was cut short the gray barely showing through on the sides. "How may I help you Captain Quinn?"

"I have information about Bordertown I thought you might be interested in." Salem looked him in the eyes.

"Why would that interest me? Besides the fact that I, as any other Englishmen, would want the terrorists caught and punished." He calmly answered.

"Since you grew up there, and your parents died there." Salem responded.

"You have my full attention Captain." He motioned for her to come into the room. "Gentlemen could you please leave us."

Salem followed the general into the room and closed the door. The general walked over to the bar and poured himself a glass of brandy. "Would you like a glass?"

"Yes please, actually you might want to make it a double." Salem smiled at him.

"Captain Quinn what unit are you with?" The general asked handing her a glass.

"Actually I'm retired." Salem took the glass and sat down in a red leather high back chair by the fireplace.

"What unit?" He sat down across from her.

"32nd Rangers."

"When did you retire?"

"About ten years ago, but I keep in contact with some of my old unit."

"Why are you here Captain Quinn?" The general put his brandy down on the table.

"Please call me Salem. I'm no longer a Captain or a Quinn." She smiled at him.

"Salem, how did you know about my parents and Bordertown?"

"What do you know about what happened at Bordertown?"

"Terrorists destroyed it." Bitterness entered his voice.

"That is true General, but not terrorist in the way you think."

"Please explain."

"Tell me general do you believe in magic?" She set her glass down and looked him directly in the eyes.

"What kind of question is that?"

"I need you to have an open mind about what I'm going to say."

"You are starting to worry me." He eyed her carefully wondering if it was a good idea to dismiss is Lieutenant.

"The terrorist group responsible for Bordertown and the shopping district in London are called Death-eaters." Salem stated watching the general for
any reaction.

"Death-eaters?"

"They are dark wizards."

"Wizards? As in Merlin?"

"Well, yes, Merlin was a wizard, but these are dark wizards they use magic for evil."

"You mean wizards exist." The general sounded astonished. As a kid he dreamed of magic and wizards, but to know it truly exists was simply amazing.

"Yes."

"Are you a wizard?"

"Actually a witch." Salem smiled, the general seemed very open to the possibilities of magic.

"Can you do magic?"

"Yes."

"May I see?"

Salem pulled out her wand. "What would you like to see?"

"Anything." He watched her, eyes wide.

Salem smiled at the general then transformed his brandy glass into a rabbit. The general slowly reached out to touch the rabbit. "You have my full attention."

"Voldemort is a evil dark wizard that is set an destroy everything that is non-magical or muggle as the term we wizards use."

"Sounds like Hitler." He picked up the rabbit and sat back into his chair.

"Worse, not only is he set on destroying all muggles but muggle born witches and wizards." Salem sighed, no matter how many times she stated it; she had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that this one man wants to destroy the world.

"Basically leaving pure-blooded wizards to rule the world."

"Exactly." She could see why he was a general.

"Why should I believe you?" Salem pointed at the rabbit in his lap. "Why are you telling me this?"

"We can't fight him alone anymore. It will take wizards and muggles working together to defeat him. I'm a trained witch, and a trained Ranger. I can think of many ways of mixing magic with muggle weapons. A black hawk could do a lot of damage if enhanced by magic." Salem stated.

"This is an unofficial request." The general stood up setting the rabbit on his chair, and headed back to the bar. "You aren't asking the government of England to support this war."

"There are things that the mass public does not need to know. You of all people should know that the public does not need to know what its military is truly capable of."

"Spoken like a true soldier." The general poured himself a second drink. "So how do you expect me to help?"

"I first just want you to hear us out. We have set a meeting at our Headquarters, and would like for you to attend." Salem stood up and walked over to the general. She handed him a card and walked out of the room.

The general looked at the card, Kings Cross Station, Friday 2pm. The general watched her retreating back and then back at the card.

"Lieutenant please cancel all my meetings on Friday, and make sure I have my normal security." The general stated as he walked back to his chair sipping his brandy. He noticed the rabbit was still sitting there. "And what am I supposed to do with you?" It was giving him a look that said 'how the hell should I know I used to be a brandy glass'. He sighed, picked up the rabbit and sat down drinking his brandy.



Chapter 14: Alliances

General McClellan stepped out of his town car, wearing his dress uniform, in front of Kings Cross Station at 1:45 pm precisely. He decided if this was going to be an official meeting to discuss an alliance between the British Military and wizards to fight against this warlord, then he would dress appropriately. He had debated for nearly an hour this morning whether or not he should even go to the station. For all he knew this could have been a trap of some sort, but then he had no idea why anyone would want to kidnap him. He had finally convinced himself to go when he fed his new rabbit, wizard, to at least here them out. England had ignored protests and rumblings that came out of Europe during Hitler's reign, and look what it cost the world. After the diabolical events of the holocaust there were many what ifs and accusations, but maybe this time by listening to the rumblings early on there won't be as many what ifs. The general shook himself away from his thoughts and turned towards the young man standing next to him, "now why did you insist on coming?"

The young man grinned slightly, "General if we are to make an alliance with wizards to defeat a Dark Lord don't you think someone from the government should be involved."

"But how exactly did you find out about this meeting?" McClellan never fully trusted the attaché's that worked as mediators between the military and the heads of state. The attaché had showed up at his doorstep right when he was walking out the door demanding that he escort the general to the meeting. McClellan didn't know how the attaché knew about the meeting, but he had left no room for argument. So the attaché escorted him, "And I still haven't gotten your name?"

"That's because I haven't given it to you. As for how I know about the meeting, I have my sources." The attaché smiled as he motioned for them to head into the Station.

The general turned toward the MP (Military Police) that served as his guard, "And where is my normal escort?"

"His wife is having a baby sir." The MP stated.

"He's married?" The general looked shocked. He didn't know Jameson was seeing anyone, let alone married with a kid on the way.

"Sir, yes sir." The MP stated standing at attention.

"I asked the Lieutenant to assign someone I trusted so I'm trusting you. What you will see maybe shocking but it's top secret information and can't be repeated to anyone." The general got into the MP's face, "do you understand?"

"Sir, yes sir!" The MP saluted. The general turned away and headed into the station, missing the smirks playing on the MP and attaché faces. The two followed the general into the station.

"Do me a favor Mr. Attaché find platform 9 3/4." The general stated smirking at the young man. He had called earlier to make sure there was a platform with that number, and wasn't surprised when the operator laughed on the phone. It was one reason he almost didn't come, and at the same time a reason he decided to come. 'Well curiosity always did kill the cat.' The general smirked to himself. 'Now lets see if this attaché knows more than he is letting on.'

"Follow me sir, I do believe it's between platforms 9 and 10." The attaché headed towards the back of the station.

"I do believe you know exactly where you are going." The general called out to the attaché. 'Wonder if he's one of them?'

"It's an act sir." The attaché smiled.

The small group turned the corner proceeding down the walkway between platforms 9 and 10. The first thing the general noticed was that the area was completely empty, no people, no trains. The attaché kept walking until they had almost reached the end. The general then noticed a small group standing around obviously waiting for something or someone. A middle-aged gentleman who was wearing simple khakis and black shirt stood off to the side away from the small group in business suits. His brown hair fell a bit into his face covering his blue eyes. He watched the three walked up and smiled.

"Ahh, General McClellan it's good to see you." The man walked towards them offering his hand in welcome. The general smiled slightly 'a jolly fellow' and shook his hand.

"I take it you're the one Salem said I was supposed meet?" The general asked.

"Yes, I'm Remus Lupin and I'll be escorting everyone to Hogwarts." Remus stated as he turned towards the second waiting party.

"Are we still waiting for someone?" A second middle-aged gentleman dressed in a dark gray suit asked Mr. Lupin. Scotty had been waiting on the platform for over thirty minutes and his patience was going thin. He watched the military man walk up and figured they would now be on their way. When Remus turned back and headed back to the wall he was leaning against, he wondered if they were expecting others and if so how many.

"Yes, one more should be arriving." Remus answered Scotty looking around the platform.

"I'm here." A voice came from behind Remus. Even the most skilled warriors, whom were trained in not being startled, slightly jumped when hearing the voice. No one heard or saw him coming. Even more startling for Remus was the fact he didn't even smell the strangers approach. Remus turned slowly and eyed the newcomer suspiciously.

"Since we are all here let's us get onto the train and head out." Remus covered his uneasiness with the new stranger by heading towards the barrier.

"Where's the train?" Scotty looked around the platforms, there was no train and he couldn't hear one approaching.

"Right through here." Remus pointed towards the brick wall. Five sets of eyes blinked at him. "It's an illusion." To demonstrate Remus walked through the wall and back out.

The small group looked at each other and shrugged. The general squared his shoulders and walked straight for the wall. He would later admit he was a bit amazed that he hadn't fallen flat on his ass from hitting the wall with his face, but instead ended up on a second platform with an old fashioned train sitting on the tracks. The attaché and MP came through the barrier behind him and headed directly towards the train. The MP opened the door on one of the cars and motioned for the general to climb aboard.

"How come I think you two know more about what is going on than I do?" The general stated stepping into the train.

"Because we do." The attaché stated following him onto the train. The MP held the door open for the rest of the travelers. Remus was the last to board the train he smiled at the MP and headed to a quiet compartment in the back. The general watched as his MP and attaché followed Remus into the compartment and lock the door.

The general watched the door close behind them, 'definitely one of them' he thought as he entered another compartment and sat down by the window. The door slide opened to reveal Scotty and behind him was the mysterious stranger. Scotty motioned for his guards to stand outside. He then took a seat opposite the general, while the stranger sat by the door, positioning himself to keep an eye on the door and window.

"Well I think introductions are in order since we are traveling together." The general stated, "I'm General Sherman McClellan of Her Majesties Army."

Scotty held out his hand. "I'm Scotty O'Neill. The two men outside are my bodyguards their names are Javert and Bob."

"Scotty O'Neill as in owner of Club 33 1/2 and various other illegal operations?" The general asked as he shook his hand.

"As long as we are on this train under these circumstance I feel that all types of prejudices should be left back at King's Cross Station." Scotty
eyed the general sitting back in his seat.

"Very true if half of what I heard is true we don't need societies dictations of right and wrong to get in the way." The general stated. "I of all people understand that sometimes there is a very fine line between the bad guys and the good guys."

"I'm glad we understand each other, general. Now may we know the name of the mysterious one?" Scotty looked over at the third guest.

"Jason." He stated calmly.

"Jason? Is that it?" The general looked over at him.

"It's a name I use."

Scotty looked him over then back to the general. The general caught his eye and nodded. They both new an assassin when they saw one.

"Like you said general there is a fine line between the two. Sometimes we don't even know when we cross it or if we cross back." Jason smiled slightly at the two.

"What does each of you know?" Scotty asked.

"I think we all got similar presentations. There are witches and wizards in this world, and one very evil one that wants to destroy the world." The general leaned back into his seat.

"Did they mention Potter to you?" Scotty asked.

"No." Both men stated.

"Who came to you general?" Scotty looked as if he was trying to put puzzle pieces together.

"A Captain Quinn, a retired US Ranger, who happens to be a witch. She knew my parents died at Bordertown and invited me to this get together."

"An old company friend. He's not a wizard but he's been working with them. You?"

"An old acquaintance from the states. Also not a wizard, but working with them." Scotty commented. "So basically we all know the same thing."

"Nothing." Jason stated.

"I guess we will have to wait till we get to this Hogwarts." The general commented.

The sat the rest of the trip in silence watching the scenery pass by, lost in their thoughts. It was dark by the time the train pulled into the station. All three looked out the window to get a glimpse of what maybe in store for them. They all froze in wonder as they saw a giant of man walk by. Their door opened up to reveal Remus standing their wearing robes over his previous outfit.

"We are at Hogsmeade gentlemen, carriages await to take us up to Hogwarts." He then turned and walked down the hallway heading towards the door. The general followed Remus and looked around for his attaché and MP. He located them on the platform, standing next to a young blonde man smiling and talking. The general could just make out what they were saying.

"Crabbe, Goyle it is so good to see you." The blonde stated.

"Well when Hermione called telling us that Salem had met with General McClellan I just made sure to arrange for us to tag along." His attaché commented.

"Smart thinking Goyle, plus we can get you up to date on what is going on." The blonde smiled at his attaché.

'So his name is Goyle.' The general thought to himself, 'so that makes my MP Crabbe.'

"Gentlemen?" The general came up behind them.

"Sir, yes sir." Crabbe stood at attention saluting the general.

"Crabbe, make sure Harry doesn't see that he might get ideas." The blonde laughed. "You must be General McClellan, I'm Draco Malfoy."

"Good evening Mr. Malfoy." The general eyed the blonde. He could tell a warrior when he saw one and this kid was one. "How old are you son?"

"I'm twenty, and I'm not your son." Draco commented dryly. "I'm here to escort everyone up to the castle."

"Castle?" Scotty walked up with his two guards.

"Hogwarts we will be taking the carriages up. The meeting will be starting in little over an hour. Hogwarts is also a school so we had to make sure the children would be heading up to their dorms before the meeting could take place." Draco stated, giving Scotty and his two guards a once over. He grinned at Goyle and Crabbe, "remind you of anyone?"

"Not at all." Goyle grinned. "General if you haven't figured it out Crabbe and I are wizards and we went to school with Draco."

"I figured that our Mr. Goyle back at King's Cross Station. Since you were the only one who knew where the platform was. But what I want to know is why you're working in the, oh what did Captain Quinn call it, Muggle Military?" The general looked at the two men.

"Not all of us stay separated from the muggle world, a few of us have to make sure that you muggles don't find out about us wizards and that means living among you and keeping an eye on things." Goyle answered.

"Gentlemen I do believe the carriages await." Remus walked up to the small group. "Scotty and his men have all ready left for the castle I suggest you four head up as well. Draco can you escort the general to the meeting rooms?"

"Sure." Draco walked towards the carriage. "After you sir."

The general stood there looking at the horseless carriage in awe. "One question, is this just the beginning of things that will shock me?"

"Sir, yes Sir!" Crabbe stated.

"I figured as much." The general entered the carriage and sat back. "Mr. Crabbe is my normal guard really married?"

"No sir, he's actually driving General Lee around at the moment." Crabbe answered.

"You must apologize to him when we get back that is a fate worse than death." The general smiled, "and while we are hear I would like it if you would be yourself. What I'm trying to state is while we are hear don't treat me like a general."

"It's no use general once Crabbe has attached himself as a bodyguard you won't be able to get rid of him, I speak from personal experience." Draco smiled at Crabbe, who narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

The general just watched the three interact with each other, over the years he learned to observe those around you to better understand their motives. It was obvious to him that Goyle and Crabbe were extremely loyal to Mr. Malfoy. It was also obvious that Mr. Malfoy demanded respect by just his presence. The general knew Mr. Malfoy was not one to cross he had the markings of a seasoned warrior, a stealth warrior. He was an elite. He would be fascinating to watch in the upcoming battles. The general at that moment had made his decision. He would support these people and their battle.

Scotty stepped out of the carriage and stared up at the looming castle. It was an amazing sight. He glanced at his two bodyguards who were just standing their mouths gaping. A young woman walked down the stairs and laughed quietly.

"Amazing sight isn't it?" She smiled at the three men. "Even after eight years it still awes me. You must be Scotty O'Neill, I'm Hermione Granger." She held out her hand.

Scotty took her hand and kissed the back of it, "a pleasure."

"Sonny's was right about you. You are a charmer." She grinned.

"Whatever Mr. Walker might have mentioned about me is exaggerated." Scotty smiled letting go of her hand.

"Follow me gentlemen, I'll show you to the Great Hall." Hermione turned on her heel and walked up the steps. Scotty followed her through the thick doors and into a grand entrance way. If the outside impressed him, he was even more impressed by the inside. He noticed his two guards talking slightly by one of the paintings. He never knew they were so fascinated with art. Then he looked more carefully they weren't discussing the painting they were having a discussion with the painting. Scotty's eyes went wide as he looked around the room he could see various paintings moving around and talking with each other. He was about ready to ask Ms. Granger about them when a ghost flew by, Scotty jumped back startled running into someone. He turned around to apologize and got the shock of his life.

"Uncle Scotty what are you doing here?" A first year Ravenclaw stood in front of him smiling.

"Louise, what are you doing here?" Scotty was just stunned, shocked, actually words couldn't describe what he was feeling. His eleven-year old niece was attending this school, a school that was to train future wizards and witches, and a school that this evil Lord wanted to destroy.

"Didn't mom tell you?" She asked looking a bit concerned.

"She mentioned that you were going to a boarding school in Scotland, but that's it." Scotty looked down at his oldest niece. "You're a witch?"

"Yeah, I was sorted into Ravenclaw." She beamed with pride.

"Ravenclaw?"

"It's the students who are studious and intelligent." She grinned, "I have to go Uncle we are supposed to be in our common rooms before 8pm." She gave him a quick hug and ran off.

"She's cute." Hermione stated. "I take it your sister isn't a witch?"

"Not that I know of, but right now I wouldn't be surprised." He shook his head trying to get the thoughts straight.

"So your niece is a muggle born witch." Hermione stated looking at him pointedly.

Scotty looked up at her trying to read her expression, but couldn't. Hermione turned on her heel and head for the main staircase. He watched her walk away, 'what did she mean muggle born? Didn't Mr. Potter state that his Voldemort wants to destroy all muggles and muggle born witches and wizards? Could his little niece be in danger?' Scotty looked around watching children off all ages running by trying to get to the common rooms. 'How many of these kids are muggle born? How many were in danger because of their parents?' Scotty turned towards his guards motioning them to follow him. As he followed Hermione into what looked like a large banquet hall his mind had all ready been made up. He would do anything to protect his family from this Voldemort. There are some muggles you just don't mess with. He sat down at one of the tables noticing the general was seated a few seats up from him. He also looked lost in thought, 'wonder if he's come to the same conclusion.'

Jason stood outside the great hall watching the children go to and fro. He had watched the young blonde lead the general into the large hall, followed closely by the young women leading in Scotty. He decided not to walk in yet and observe the workings of the castle. He had a small conversation earlier with one of the ghosts, it probably should have bothered him, but strangely it didn't. The ghosts name was Nearly Headless Nick.

"Nearly?" He had asked the ghost. The ghost pulled his head back to show that it wasn't a clean cut. "I take it was a bad assassin?"

The ghost laughed slightly, "You could say that sir, the assassin got the job done he just wasn't very through with his swing."

Jason smiled as the ghost drifted off finding another ghost to gossip about the new visitors the castle seemed to be getting. Jason turned to see a gentleman about his age standing by his side. His years of training made sure he didn't startle when he spotted the man, but he was intrigued not many could get a jump on him. He turned slowly eyeing the man suspiciously. He was about a full head taller than Jason, a lankier build with jet-black hair and eyes the color of obsidian. He slightly cocked his head as if he was inspecting a bug. Trying to get all of his questions answered by just one look. Jason held his eyes and saw something he normally never sees unless he looked in the mirror. They stood in complete silence for a minute or two sizing each other up. Jason knew he would never want to go against this man. He also knew that if this man fought with Donovan then that was the side he would be on.

Dumbledore sat at the head table surveying the room in front of him. He watched the guests as they entered. The general seemed to be lost in thought, but was taking everything in around him. He sat quickly down at the table provided for them taking in the sights and sounds. Cody and Monica were setting up a presentation to discuss and show what Voldemort was capable of Salem stated it would make the guests feel a bit more comfortable. When Scotty walked in he seemed upset, and he quickly took his seat. He looked up at Dumbledore and blinked. Dumbledore smiled at him and gave him his all-knowing twinkling look. It took him years, but he finally had it patented, even Snape falls for it.

Once the main doors were closed Dumbledore stood to address the guests. "Welcome gentlemen, my names is Albus Dumbledore Headmaster here at Hogwarts. I'm delighted that you have taken this time to come here and listen to our situation. I know this is a lot for you to take in, let alone believe or understand. But I want you to know that what we are going to tell you is the truth. The truth is that Voldemort effects us all."

"Excuse Mr. Dumbledore but you don't have to convince me of anything. I'm prepared to help in anyway that I can. Once I get back to the base I'll see what I can about procuring any military vehicles and personal that would be useful in this fight." General McClellan interrupted. He looked Dumbledore directly in the eyes when he continued. "I've watched some of your people interact with each other. The loyalty I've seen here doesn't come easy it only comes in war and in the soldiers that fight said war."

"I'm also in." Scotty stood up from his seat. "I just discovered my niece attends this school, and if there is a lunatic out there wanting to kill her or any child for that matter because of the status at birth then I'll do whatever is necessary to keep her and those children safe." Scotty sat back down a bit sheepishly; he wasn't one to make grand heroic speeches. He caught Sonny's eye from the sidelines and smiled. Sonny understood his meanings, family you protect them at all costs.

The hall was shocked into silence. A voice came from the side of the room. "Give me a list of people and I'll do what I can." Jason stepped out of the shadows with Snape right next to him. No one had seen either one of the two men come into the hall. Sirius stepped back startled and sent a mock glare at Snape.

"How do you do that?" Black demanded looking at both men.

"Trade secret." Snape sneered.

Dumbledore was a bit surprised, and that my friend says a lot. He sat back down in his chair contemplating what just took place. Somehow Salem's
idea worked, alliances had been made with various muggle operations.

"Welcome to the war." The room turned to see Harry Potter standing in front of the Great Hall's doors.


Chapter 15: Planning

Harry ran up the front stairs of the castle completing his daily morning run. He took a deep breath; stretching out his now tired and sore muscles. He turned and looked down the stairs in time to see Draco walking up.

"Getting slow in your old age, Malfoy." Harry grinned.

"Shut up Potter." Draco sneered as he stretched out his calf muscles. He stood back up giving Harry a once over; he looked tired and haggard, more than usual. He had been noticing that Harry had been quieter these past few weeks ever since the alliances had been made.

Once it was established that they all wanted in; Monica and Cody filled them on the status of the operation. After Monica explained in detail the relationship between Voldemort and Harry the three Muggles began directing they questions towards Harry. Harry never liked talking about 'his scar', but for some reason the meeting had really affected him. He answered their questions, but quickly left after the meeting was adjourned.

"Are you going to tell me what is going on in that thick head of yours?" Draco drawled. Over the past couple of years the two had become close. Both craving for the family neither had while growing up, forming a bond stronger than brothers. If you had told Draco a few years back that he would be sitting on the front steps of Hogwarts trying to council 'the boy who lived' he would have hexed you into next week, yet here he sat.

"The visions and nightmares are getting worse. I can't close my eyes without seeing someone dying, muggles and wizards, he's not as picky as he used to be." Harry sat down resting his head on his knees. It took a lot for him to admit any weakness. "I've been taking the dreamless sleep potion twice a week, but I don't want to get addicted or have side effects that will effect my judgment when it comes time to face him."

"He knows about the connection doesn't he?" Draco had a suspicion when Harry's visions had started getting worse that Voldemort had somehow found out about the connection and was using it to weaken Harry.

"I don't know, but lately he's been really cruel. Then again we have declared war so he could just being a sick sadistic son of a bitch just for the hell of it, or he could be a sick sadistic son of a bitch to torment me." Harry grinned.

Draco laughed slightly, "At least you've kept your Slytherin sense of humor."

"What can I say I'm a Gryffindor with a touch of Slytherin in me."

"Deadly combination if you ask me." Draco stated.

"We should get in, Salem expects us to have breakfast with her and Sirius." Harry got up and headed into the castle.

"Its amazing, she makes sure that we act like the proper family and have meals together even though we are at war with an evil wizard intent on destroying the world." Draco laughed following Harry.

"Yeah it's like living with Molly Weasley in military fatigues." Harry snickered.

"I always thought Molly would make a great drill Sergeant." Salem's voice came from behind them. "She knows how to use that voice of hers to get you to do what she wants."

The two boys looked back guilty at being caught. "We were just on our way up for breakfast." Harry smiled sweetly.

"You and that smile. I swear you just have to flash that 'I'm so cute and innocent' smile and everyone just goes mush. It was the same with your father." Salem shook her head. "Change of plans full breakfast meeting in the surveillance rooms."

The three walked into the room and took their seats. Salem scooted in next to Sirius, while Harry and Draco sat across from them. Draco leaned over to discus an important issue with Snape.

"Severus, can we discuss the side effects of the dreamless sleep potion." Draco stated quickly looking over at Harry to see if he heard, but he was busy talking with Hermione.

"Exactly what do you want to discuss?" Snape asked.

"Any way for us to make it less addicting or null the effects?" Draco was good at potions but not nearly as good as Snape. When he had first started to suspect that Voldemort was using the connection to weaken Harry he began conducting research into cursed scars and also various potions to see if he could block the connection enough for Harry to get some sleep. He had exhausted all the resources available to him, which included Hogwarts library and Hermione's personal library, but Snape had access to sources that no one knew about.

"Why?" Snape demanded.

"He knows about the connection and Harry isn't sleeping. You and I both know that isn't good. He could be using this to weaken him before an attack." Draco whispered carefully making sure no one heard them.

"I'll start looking into it, he does looked more haggard than usual."

They discussion was cut short when Dumbledore rose to address the group, "The alliances created a few weeks ago are starting to take effect and help us with our fight against Voldemort."

"What indications have we seen to prove that these alliances are working?" Arthur Weasley asked.

"A number of high ranking death-eaters have disappeared." Seamus stated as he pulled out a stack of files with names of various members of Voldemort's organization. "We found a few of them dead. A single bullet wound to the back of the head."

Everyone looked over at Donovan they all know that this was Jason's work. Donovan looked around the table gauging everyone's reaction to the news. He could tell Harry was upset with the idea of an assassin, but understood. Snape and Draco kept eating as if they were discussing the weather and not the assassinations of high-ranking death-eaters.

Arthur eyes widened as he looked over at Donovan. "We hired an assassin?"

Donovan stated, "Arthur this is war, and you have to realize that they are things that need to be done. We might not agree with it, but if it helps in anyway to destroy Voldemort so be it."

"These men had files that would turn the stomach of the hardest Auror." Seamus stated, "these men are killers Arthur, they are part of Voldemort's death squad. They will kill anything and anyone for a price."

Arthur closed his eyes and nodded his head. He didn't like it, but he will deal with it.

"We received the first shipment of equipment from Scotty's organization." Hermione tried to change the focus of the meeting. "Remus and I have been doing research on spells and charms to see if we could enhance the weapons potency."

"We discovered that if we put certain spells on the bullets we will be able to actually shoot the spells from a rather long distance." Remus continued where Hermione left off. "We started off small. We charmed a couple of bullets with the a simple spell to turn the object it hits green."

"Once the bullet hit the target it had turned green. It's difficult to test charms and spells such as stupefy or a disarmament with out the ability to
actually shoot someone." Hermione smiled. "Unless someone wants to volunteer to be shot."

"Cody volunteers." Donovan smiled.

"Hey!" Cody yelled at his boss. "And who would run the equipment while I'm in the infirmary?"

"Ron is good with computers." Sonny pointed out.

Cody just sat there looking completely indignant. The occupants of the table snickered at Cody's antics of course it didn't help that somehow his hair had turned green, looks like a Marauder was at work. Salem glanced at Sirius who was grinning at Remus who was snickering into his napkin.

"The one thing we discovered is the use of silver bullets." Hermione continued her findings. "We can use them to hurt various dark creatures. To counter the use of these bullets being used against us we were able to take the concept of Muggle Kevlar vests and enhance them so they can be worn easier. We were able to design a Kevlar robe which repels all types of bullets."

"Where is it?" Sonny asked extremely curious this could change the world of law enforcement.

"I'm wearing it." Remus stated. Everyone looked at his robe; it looked like a normal black robe. Jake reached over to touch the fabric. It was soft yet durable. Jake looked over at Donovan his eyes wide. They both knew what this could mean for undercover work.

"I felt that Remus should have the prototype since our intelligence has suggested that Voldemort has been investigating the use of muggle guns and weapons. If he uses silver bullets it would be the death of Remus." Hermione stated. Everyone nodded their head in agreement it would be wise if Remus had the robe. It was also very obvious that Donovan would want a good look at it later.

"With the development of Voldemort using muggle weapons I think it would be wise if we train everyone here how to use them. It would be very helpful in protecting the school." Jake commented.

"That's a good idea." Dumbledore looked over at Salem, "I trust you could arrange that?" Salem nodded.

"What about the general?" Snape asked, "any word from him?"

Salem smiled and looked at her watch. The sound of a dull whooping could be heard in the distance. "That should be him now." She stood up and left the room, soon followed by everyone else.

As she walked towards the Quidditch Pitch the sound grew louder and stronger. She looked up to see four Black Hawks and three Apaches come over the mountains. Looking over towards the road that lead from Hogsmeade she could see a couple tanks and a convoy of four hummers. The hummers pulled up about the same time the Black Hawks landed. The general stepped out of the hummer and walked towards Salem.

"Did they have to land in the Quidditch Pitch?" Ron grumbled.

"Welcome back to Hogwarts, general." Harry smiled at the General

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, nice to see you again." The general smiled, "if there is a different location you would like us to park them just let me know."

"What are those?" Ron asked staring at the Black Hawks.

"The large one's are called Black Hawks the three smaller one's are called Apaches. Go ahead Mr. Weasley and take a closer look." The general smiled as Ron ran towards them.

"I'm a bit surprised you were able to get Black Hawks and Apaches," Salem whistled. "How did you pull that off?"

"Well I got some help." The general smiled.

"Really." Salem was intrigued.

"Couldn't let my little girl go fight an evil wizard with out proper military help." An older man stepped up from behind the general. He was a little over 6ft with gray hair cut short. His green eyes were sparkling with mischief.

"DAD! What are you doing here?" Salem's mouth dropped open. "How?"

"After the meeting I contacted him and wondered if he could help out." The general stated. "Not only was he able to provide a few more vehicles but also some military personal."

Salem looked behind the general and her father and saw a unit of Rangers taking stock of their surroundings, she recognized a few of them, and they were the 32nd Rangers. She smiled at the two men, "how did you convince the higher ups that you need the equipment?"

"With the recent terrorist attacks some of us felt it would be beneficial for the two governments to train hand picked military units to fight against any future terrorist acts." Salem's father stated.

"Quinn!" A man around Salem's age came walking up. He was wearing his fatigues, fully loaded with his gear and weapons. "Good to see you. How have you been?"

"Peterson it's good to see you. I'm doing good, except it's Salem Black now." She hugged the soldier and stepped back taking a closer inspection of him. They two had entered boot camp at the same time helping each other out through the rough times. They both decided to enter the Rangers program; it was their devotion to each other out that got them through the intense training. Salem smiled noticing his rank as Major, it was good to see him move up in the ranks he was an excellent soldier.

"Your father mentioned that you had gotten married. Of course he was complaining about the fact his only daughter married a criminal."

"Dad, Sirius was innocent and the real culprit was caught proving his innocent!" Salem grinned.

"So where is that son-in-law of mine?" Salem's father smiled. As if on cue a big black dog ran onto the pitch barking wildly at the soldiers. A few smiled and gave the dog a loving pat while others ignored him as they unpacked their equipment. The dog bounded up to the small group and came to halt in front of Salem plopping himself down and wagging his tail.

"Speaking of the devil. Dad this is 'Snuffles' aka Sirius." Salem grinned at three men's expression, well actually just the generals. Her father and Peterson have seen Salem transform. "Sirius this is my father Grant Quinn."

The dog's tail stopped wagging and looked up at the looming soldier. The dog whimpered and rolled onto his back exposing his belly in complete submission.

"Now that's what I call sucking up to the father-in-law." Peterson commented.

The dog got up to his feet then transformed back into human. "Mr. Quinn I'm honored to meet you." Sirius extended his hand towards the soldier.

Grant eyed him, studying him carefully. As Salem's father he was the one she talked to for hours about her new school and friends. Slightly emphasizing the dark haired, blue-eyed prankster that made her laugh and stood up for her honor. He was the one she asked if she was pretty or just an ugly tomboy. He was the one she owled when Sirius had asked her out on their first date. He was the one that held her as she cried when he was sent away, the whole time muttering that he was innocent. He was the one she called when she had found out Sirius had escaped. And he was the one she asked for his blessing when they wanted to get married. "It's finally nice to meet the man that stole my daughters heart." Grant smiled and shook Sirius hand.

"And it's good to finally meet the man who raised the women I love." Sirius smiled. He put his arm around Salem, "what brings you here Mr. Quinn?"

"Call me Grant. General McClellan gave me a call and asked if I wanted to help out with supplying you guys with vehicles and personal." Grant smiled.

"Then we welcome you to our home." Sirius smiled. "Why don't I show you around the castle." The two men walked off towards the castle.

"Sir, do you need help with the equipment?" Harry asked amused by the whole scene. "Or should I just go rescue the soldiers from Ron's questions?"

Peterson looked back at his unit and laughed. They were trying hard not to kill the young man who was barraging them with questions. The men he chose for the mission were loyal and open minded. There were a few men left from the old unit that had witnessed Salem's abilities and would be able keep the newer ones in check. Rangers were taught to fight not ask questions. They were told that they were fighting a group of terrorists. The difference is that these terrorists were wizards and they will be fighting in a magical word. During the briefing he discovered that a few of the men knew about the magical world. Two of them were actually wizards that where trained in a school located in Salem, Massachusetts, while a few
others had relatives that were wizards. He could see a few of the men were looking around in wonder. A young Texan was asking Ron as many questions as Ron was asking him.

"General, Major Peterson I've arranged for a location to park the vehicles and set up barracks for the men. They are a bit out in the open here, and there is a Gryffindor/Slytherin Quidditch match on Friday." Salem pulled out a map showing the two men where they could set up camp.

Harry watched them leave, and then turned to go collect Ron. He stopped at one of the Black Hawks running his fingers along the side.

"Amazing machine isn't it?" A soldier smiled at him.

"Yes it is." Harry answered.

"Are you a wizard?" He was a young soldier probably around Harry's age.

Harry sighed, "yes I am."

"I'm Private Andrew Malone." He held out his hand.

"Harry Potter." Harry waited for the inevitable, but the private just smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you. Do you attend school at the castle?"

"I used to, I graduated two years ago. I now work with one for the elite teams." Harry smiled.

"Maybe one day we can sit and talk. You can explain all about the magic and I'll teach you all about the workings of a Black Hawk." Andrew looked like a kid in a candy shop.

"It's a deal." Harry smiled, someone who didn't stare at his scar and be in awe that he was Harry Potter. "I should head back, I'll look you up later and we can talk."

"Looking forward to it." Andrew picked up his gear and headed towards the rest of his unit.

Harry walked over to Ron who was in a heated discussion with another soldier. As he walked up he could hear the two were talking about the difference between magic as a weapon and muggle weapons.

"A gun is just as handy as a wand." The soldier stated. "You can shoot a man fast then yelling some curse out."

"There are curses that can take out many a men, before a shot can get off." Ron countered.

"Actually a good mix of the two could be deadly." Harry stated smiling at both men's reaction. "Ron we need to head back to the castle."

"Harry meet, Philip Thomas he's a wizard trained in America." Ron introduced the two men. "It was nice meeting you Philip, Harry and I have to get back to the castle. Come find us when you get settled."

"See you around." Philip waved as he walked off.

Harry and Ron headed back to the castle, "Salem's father is here." Harry commented as they walked up the stairs.

"Is Sirius still alive?" Ron laughed.

"Actually yes, and some of the soldiers that are here were part of her old unit." Harry smiled.

"At least they are trustworthy." Ron commented as he pushed open the doors. There was a meeting all ready taking place. Maps were up on the walls and people were going back and forth between computer terminals and tables. Salem was talking with her father in the back of the room. Sirius and Donovan were going over Intel. Hermione and Remus were talking over some spell books and they had a few weapons near by. The general was talking to Snape and Dumbledore about positions that could be used to attack death- eaters. Ron walked over eyeing the map on the wall.

"Ahh Mr. Weasley good to see you." Dumbledore smiled, "could you explain your idea to the general."

"Yes, Professor Dumbledore," Ron smiled. "You see General our intelligence have suggested that Voldemort might attack the small town of Chalmers."

"Why there?" The general asked.

"That is where the orphanage he was raised in is located." Ron stated. "It represents everything he despises."

The meeting progressed into the early hours of the morning. The general and his staff were brought up to speed on the events of the war. The vehicles were moved to a field just next to the castle and covered with an invisible spell over them to hide them from prying eyes. The soldiers set up camp and slowly accustomed themselves to the thought of magic and wizards. As the dawn rose a settling calm settled over the sleeping castle.

Blaise stood on the edge of the cliff over looking Hogsmeade. The attack was set for the weekend when students would be visiting. It would be a spectacular attack many would die. If Harry Potter wanted war then they would bring it to his doorstep



Chapter 16: Hogsmeade

Students were excited about getting to go to Hogsmeade. The trips had been cancelled due to the war, but Dumbledore felt that sixth and seventh years could go with a few restrictions. Everyone was to travel in groups escorted by an Auror or professor. There will be checkpoints and guards stationed on the main roads coming to and from Hogsmeade. Armed soldiers will be patrolling the streets. If a student sees anything suspicious contact a professor, Auror, or a soldier. DO NOT try to investigate by yourself. Ironically when this statement was made everyone turned to look at Harry.

Colin Creevey and Ginny Weasley boarded one of the last carriages promising Colin's younger brother, Dennis, that they would bring him back some sweets. As the two headed towards Hogsmeade they took notice of the changes surrounding the castle.

The empty field that lay between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade was now covered with military vehicles, unless you knew they were there, they couldn't be seen. Tents and barracks had been constructed and subsequently named Fort Wizard. Colin had visited the camp many times taking pictures and talking with the soldiers. Ginny had begged, pleaded, threatened, blackmailed and finally just tormented Ron long enough until he agreed that she could be trained with the rest of them in using muggle weapons. Ron sulked for days. Until Salem reminded him of her first lesson, 'what does a girl know about defense?' Ron remembered Hermione's kidnapping and then signed up his own mother to learn how to use a weapon, Molly wasn't thrilled. At last Harry, Draco and Salem got to see what Molly looked like in Military fatigues. And they all agreed she did make a great Drill Sergeant. There was no mistaking Molly Weasley's voice echoing through the camp as she yelled at 'her boys' as she dubbed the soldiers to clean up and eat right. She was affectionately known around Fort Wizard as 'Sergeant Mom'.

Colin stepped out of the carriage and turned to help Ginny. The two proceeded directly to Fred and George's shop, and then would stop at Honeydukes to get some candy for Dennis. As they walked through town they were stopped by one of the soldiers.

"Sir, ma'am you shouldn't be traveling by yourselves." He was dressed in full gear holding a M-16 in front of him, with the safety off. "Where are you heading and I'll escort you."

"We going to my brothers joke shop." Ginny smiled.

"Ahh, the twins." He smiled, "a few of the soldiers have visited them frequently, much to the Captains dismay."

As the three headed towards the shop Harry, Ron and Draco were waiting by the Shrieking Shack. A small red fox ran up to them and skidded to a halt. Once the fox was finished surveying the area it looked at the three boys then in a blink of an eye transformed into Hermione. Her bushy hair fell around her face as she stood up. She growled slightly at it as she quickly pulled her wand and muttering a spell so it would be up and out of her face.

"Hey foxy, any news?" Ron smiled at his fiancée.

"Shut-up Ron that joke is so old." Hermione smiled back, playfully swatting his arm.

"Did you see anything?" Draco asked.

"Nothing, but that doesn't mean anything." Hermione looked over at him.

"He's planning something I know it." Harry commented turning away from the group. "I just wish I knew what."

"Has Donovan's surveillance found anything?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing at all, which is why I'm suspicious." Draco kicked a rock near by. "He's never this quiet."

Harry stood on the hill over looking Hogsmeade. He remembered the days they would come here without a care in the world, buying treats, having a butterbeer, and just enjoying each other's company. He remembered Draco's look as he saw Harry's head float by in mid-air. His thoughts turned dark as he remembered Lucius trying to take Draco from Hogsmeade by force. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath clearing his mind. When he opened them he barely saw it, but it was enough.

"Shit!" Harry ran off towards the woods.

"Harry!" Draco ran after him. Hermione transformed back into a fox and took off after the two boys. Ron shook his head and for once became the sensible one and ran off to get help.

Harry ran up to the edge of the forest skidding to a halt looking wildly around him. Draco came up from behind peering into the darkness. He looked back at Harry whose eyes were narrowed towards a small pathway that leads deeper into the woods. Hermione ran by them sniffing the ground carefully she followed the trail to the small pathway. She sniffed again and backed up, transforming back into her human form she turned towards the boys.

"Someone just passed through here." She looked at Harry.

He slowly turned towards her, "it was death-eater I saw the white mask reflect off the sunlight."

"Let's go find Salem and send up the alarm get the students back to Hogwarts." Hermione headed towards Hogsmeade, but Harry didn't follow. Draco watched him carefully, Harry's eyes closed and he hissed in pain. Draco and Hermione grabbed Harry's arms and held him up. His breathing quieted down and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Oh God, they are going to attack." Harry breathed.

Salem was talking with Major Peterson and a few of her old unit members about securing the roads between the place or sitting up a type of trip wires to signal any attack that may be coming when Ron ran into the tent.

"Ron what is it?" Salem looked up from the maps concern written on her face.

"Harry, Draco, and Hermione saw something near the forest near the Shrieking Shack." He pointed on the map for the soldiers to visualize.

"I take it they went and investigated." Salem sighed.

"I decided to go get help just in case. Harry and Draco tend to attract trouble." Ron laughed.

Salem stood up grabbing her 9mm, motioning for Peterson to follow and walked out with Ron and began walking towards the Shrieking Shack. When they reached the road that headed out of town the sight before them froze them in their tracks. A hundred or more death-eaters stood between them and the shack their wands out and ready for battle.

"Shit!" Salem muttered as she raised her gun and shot into the group of death-eaters sending off the alarm to everyone else. Peterson pulled up his M-16 and began firing a few death-eaters went down while others Disapperated out of the area into a different section of Hogsmeade. The sound of gunfire brought soldiers into the area alert and ready for battle.

"Peterson round up your men and close up the roads, you three men come with me. Ron get to the Shrieking Shack and find Harry." Salem headed back into town with a few men behind her. She ran for the middle of town where she could hear students screaming and hexes flying. The sound of M-16 mixed in sending dread to the bottom of her stomach. She rounded the corner to see her worse fear. A small group of soldiers barricaded themselves behind a wall keeping the students behind them to protect them. She watched as one student yelled at the soldier and got up front with them pulling out her wand and yelled hexes back at the death-eaters. It was a seventh year Hufflepuff, who should have been a Gryffindor with courage like that.

Captain Hayes opened up fire from his position in the alley; he smiled as they fell. One dodging the bullets turned towards the alley sending a hex directly towards him. Hayes dove into the ground as it went flying over him. 'Note to self thank Salem later for teaching him what that hex was and how to dodge it.' Hayes crawled on the ground, broke down one of the doors, and crawled inside. Some students were huddled behind overturned tables with their wands out watching the doors. One had his wand trained at Hayes, but lowered it once he saw it was a soldier.

"Everyone okay?" Hayes asked.

"Yes, we shielded the front door with a locking charm. There is a family in the back with kids." A sixth year Ravenclaw stated nodding his head towards a small family huddled in the corner.

"Good work. I'm going up to the window to see what is going on watch my back." Hayes smiled at the students and quickly looked out the window. The group of death-eaters still had the soldiers and students pinned behind the block wall but were being held at bay. Salem was nowhere to be seen. He looked back at the students and set up his defense to protect the group of students and family. He wished he had Val near by so he could radio in his position.

Salem barely dodged the hex that was flying towards her; she rolled on the ground jumped back onto her feet as she screamed a hex back at her attacker. She didn't stop to see if he had fallen, but kept running down the sidewalk hoping to make it to headquarters. She dodge a second hex but was slammed into a wall, as she stumbled to the ground the third hex went over her head. She rolled once more pulling up her 9mm waiting till the death-eater got close and pulled the trigger. The death-eater went down clutching his wand arm. His wand dropping by his side, Salem rolled to her knees grabbing the wand and stood up, in a blink of an eye she snapped the wand kicked the death-eater in the face and kept going. She reached the square running into two men from her old unit. Sergeant Lewis and Bryant were working with some Aurors taking cover behind a hummer. They took turns stepping out and shooting at the barricaded death-eaters.

"How is it going?" Salem asked looking over the hood of the hummer.

"Little radio contact. I word that Aurors are holding the westside of town and the death-eaters retreating, but no confirmation. There are pockets of soldiers and students buckled down and holding their positions." Lewis stated.

"Any word on Harry?" Salem looked over at Seamus.

"No." He sent a hex towards the death-eaters.

"Muggle lovers we have a proposition for you." A death-eater yelled out. "Give us 'the boy who lived' and we will let the 'Muggle Wizard' live."

Salem froze, "Jake?"

She looked over the hood to see a death-eater holding a limp Jake in his arms. She could see Donovan in the doorway of the Three Broomsticks pulling up his weapon. Monica and Cody followed suit. All three had a look of pure hatred on their face; don't mess with one of their own. Seamus barely had time to yell out a warning as a hex was sent towards Donovan. Donovan's screams filled their air as he was hit with Crucio. Jake's head snapped up looking towards his boss he took the advantage of a distracted capture and kicked out. His capture dodged the kick and threw Jake into the ground kicking him in the stomach for good measure. Monica ran to Donovan trying to help but was thrown back by another hex. Salem's eyes narrowed as she growled deep in her throat. Seamus jumped back when he heard the growl. He looked over at the two soldiers but they didn't budge they had seen this before. Salem transformed into a black panther gracefully jumping onto the hood of the hummer and launching at the death- eater that was holding Donovan under the curse. She swiped at his throat ripping it open in one take. She landed and turned fast launching at Jake's capture ripping his stomach wide open. She growled once again as she turned towards the third, which grinned at the cat and raised his wand. A gunshot rang out as he fell to the ground dead. Sonny walked up from behind smiling at the black cat. The rest of the death-eaters turned to see soldiers and Aurors charging from behind the Hummer they Disapperated out of Hogsmeade. The panther turned towards Jake carefully nudging him over onto his back. Jake opened his eyes to look straight into green eyes of the black panther. He tried to scramble away but a paw held him down, and right before his eyes the panther transformed into Salem. She smiled at him, "Be still we will get medic over here as soon as it's safe. Bryant here will take care of you till them."

"A panther?" Jake asked.

"Problem with that?" Salem smiled.

"No, at this moment I'm just happy it wasn't a rabbit or something." Jake smiled as closed his eyes.

"Don't be bad mouthin' rabbits I know some very viscous rabbits." Salem stood up and headed over to Donovan and the rest of the team.

"How is Jake?" Cody asked.

"He'll be fine. Donovan how do you feel?" Salem kneeled down.

"Like crap." Donovan gritted his teeth.

"Seamus will help with the side affects." Salem stood up, "I'm going to look for Harry."

While Salem was dodging hexes heading for the center of town Harry and Draco held their ground near the Shrieking Shack. They watched as the small red fox ran for town with a wolf in pursuit. Harry turned to help when an Irish Wolfhound came tearing up the road tackling the wolf bringing it down for the kill.

"Is Hermione safe?" Draco asked sending a few hexes towards the clump of trees.

"Yeah, Ron transformed taking down the wolf." Harry turned back around surveying the scene.

"Good thing he picked an Irish Wolfhound." Draco dove towards the ground barely avoiding a hex.

"I wouldn't want to mess with him whether he was in his Animagus form or not." Harry pulled Draco behind the shack.

"Face it Harry we are out numbered here." Draco leaned up against the wall. "They have at least 15 and we are 2, not good odds."

"Never tell me the odds." Harry smirked.

"That's it you are not allowed to watch those movies anymore." Draco laughed. "They have us trapped between the town and forest. Personally I don't want to go into the forest."

"I have an idea." Harry smirked.

"Am I going to like it?" Draco gave him a suspicious look. Harry's ideas were usually outrageous, they never worked right and half the time someone came back injured, usually Draco.

"Probably not." Harry answered honestly. "You run straight for town and I'll cover you, when I say turn we will transform and I'll grab you."

Draco just looked at Harry as if he was insane, of course that statement could be debated. Draco sighed and nodded his head. "If I get eaten by something I'm so haunting you." Draco counted to five and took off in a dead run towards town. A few of the death-eaters gave chase. Harry counted to ten ran out from behind the shack throwing hexes as he went after Draco.

"Turn!" Harry yelled as he dove and rolled away from a hex flown at him. He watched Draco turn into a blonde ferret and scurries pass a death-eater. Harry smiled remembering Draco's look when he found out that the spell used on him back in forth year was a simple spell showing what you would be your Animagus form. In spite of Ron's teasing he learned to transform. Actually after a while he discovered that being a ferret had its advantages, he was able to get into small places and kept stealing Ron's underwear. There were many times you would see the two chasing each other out in the fields. Harry transformed swooping into the air above the death- eaters head. His Hawk feathers glistened in the sunlight as he swooped down grabbing Draco with his talons and flew towards town. Draco yelped at him as he closed his talons around the ferret cutting into his side. Harry saw Salem heading through town and swooped down dropping Draco and transforming back into human form. Draco transformed rubbing his arms glaring at Harry.

"Are you two okay?" Salem asked running up to them.

"Yeah we were surrounded by the shack but were able to get away." Harry stated, "you?"

"There was a situation in center of town but we got it covered. We were able to call in back-up, once the remaining death-eaters saw more Aurors and troops they left the town." Salem breathed a bit easier knowing they had held the town.

"Casualties?" Draco asked.

"Don't know, let's head back towards headquarters." Salem turned and headed back in the direction she came from. As they got closer the activity level went up. They passed a make shift hospital and watched as Poppy worked with the Ranger's medic to help with the wounded. Off to the side Salem could see bodies covered with white sheets. She closed her eyes and sighed, no matter how long or how many battles she still couldn't get used to the loss. As they got closer to headquarters they felt a since of dread. They noticed Fred and George were sitting against the wall of their shop leaning on each other for support. Ron was trying to comfort a distraught Ginny. Hermione looked up at them tears falling down her cheeks. The three stopped and held their breaths waiting for the inevitable. Harry watched as Dumbledore walked up to them the twinkle in his eyes gone.

"Colin Creevey is dead."



Chapter 17: War, Love and Spies

The usual lively halls of Hogwarts were quiet. There were no laughing students, no talk about Quidditch or classes, even the portraits didn't gossip or talk to the people passing by. Colin's body had been sent home escorted by his brother, Dennis. Colin had been award the Order of Merlin posthumously, for his act of bravery. The soldier that was escorting them had fallen first. He never knew what hit him. Five death-eaters had come up from behind and yelled the death curse before the three knew they were under attack. Ginny turned first but was hit with a body bind and fell to the ground. Colin stood his ground sending curses back at them while shielding Ginny from any further attack. She screamed at him to go get help and leave her, but he refused and died protecting her.

The twins had begun to worry about their sister and Colin. As they headed out the door to go in search of them, they heard the first gunshots. Fear crept into their heart as they ran towards the drop off point. As they rounded the corner they first heard the killing curse yelled and then watched as Colin fell, both screamed as they sent hexes towards the death- eaters taking all of them down. The twins had closed their shop temporarily, and began working on transforming their harmless pranks to more deadly weapons against Voldemort. Their first prank turned weapon was named for Colin. They had always teased Colin that he should take the enemies picture first blinding them with the flash then curse them. And that was exactly what the twins created. 'Camera Flashes' in simple terms was flash powder that was ignited essentially blinding the victim for a few minutes, a great advantage against an enemy they would never see the curse coming at them.

The bodies of two Rangers were sent back home to the states. The families were told that they died in a training accident. Harry was devastated to learn that not only did he loss a close friend, but that the young soldier he had talked to earlier in the week was one of the two Rangers that had been killed. He died protecting a family that lived in Hogsmeade, whose son was attending Hogwarts. He was awarded the Medal of Honor but his family would never see it.

The war room was a contradiction to the rest of the castle. The room was buzzing with activity, people moving around, computers tracking satellites, radios transmitting locations, and discussion on what to do next. They had discovered through one of their main spies located inside Voldemort's group that they were wrong about Voldemort's next move. He wasn't planning on attacking Chalmers, but instead he was using the orphanage as his headquarters.

The plans were being formed. The war was going to Voldemort. No more muggle attacks in the middle of the night. No more dark marks in the sky of muggle born wizard's homes. They were going to end this once and for all.

Ron worked with General McClellan and Grant Quinn in formulating defenses and attack strategies. Since none of the death-eaters had spotted the Black Hawks and Apaches they would use them as the main focus of the attack. The three men hashed out strategies, ideas, and projections into the early morning. They used satellite tracking to pinpoint exact locations of Voldemort's guards and perimeter. The spy had also sent word that Voldemort was not pleased with the results of the raid at Hogsmeade. Many of the younger death-eaters were afraid. Who they were more afraid of, Dumbledore or Voldemort they weren't sure.

By mid-afternoon the briefing took place in the Grand Hall, the students had been confined into the dormitories for their own protection, and to isolate any listening ears that might still be around. Ron explained, using detailed maps, what everyone's positions were and what they were supposed to be doing. Students that wanted to help will be given the chance to sign up to either be couriers between field stations or working in the hospital with Poppy helping with the wounded. The battle was set for dawn on Friday.

Dumbledore stood up from his customary seat at the head table. The room quieted to hear what the old wizard had to say. "Tomorrow we go to war. Actually we go to end this war. Some of us here have been fighting for decades, some of us for only a few years, and a few their whole lives. Tonight we celebrate life. I want no one to think of tomorrow. I want no one to despair on what the outcome will be. I want everyone to smile and enjoy life. As for myself I plan on having one to many deserts, create some havoc on some ghosts and make Professor Snape eat a Lemon Drop." The group laughed at Snape's expression. "Now eat, laugh, and live." With that he sat down, grabbed his fork and began eating a full cheesecake. The group followed his example and enjoyed their meal talked with their friends and for a few hours forgot what tomorrow may bring.

Over time the hall began to empty only leaving a few stragglers behind. Ginny smiled and bid a goodnight and headed towards the hall doors. She stopped when she heard her name called, turning to see Draco run up to her.

"Ginny, wait." He stated as he opened the door for her.

"Yes." She smiled up at the blonde, but he noticed it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Let me walk with you?" He held out his hand.

"Why thank you, kind sir." She took his hand and followed him out the door.

They walked around the gardens enjoying the warm spring night. They didn't talk much only a few words here and there, just content to be in each other's presence. When they reached one of the fountains Ginny sat down on a nearby bench listening to the evening sounds. She closed her eyes for a moment holding back tears as she remembered her friend.

"I'm sorry about Colin." Draco's voice pulled her out of her memories. "I know you cared for him."

"He was a true friend." She smiled up at him. "I'm going to miss him."

"He was lucky to have someone like you, who cared deeply about him." Draco sadly smiled.

"Draco, there are people who care deeply about you." Ginny pulled him down onto the bench.

"I'm a Malfoy, Ginny. Who is ever going to love a Malfoy?" He looked away from her staring intently at the ground.

"It's not the Malfoy name I care about, its Draco." Ginny pulled up his chin making him look at her. "Draco, Colin's death hurt, I lost my best friend. But my heart belongs to someone else. I'm afraid Draco, I'm afraid I'm going to loss you tomorrow."

Draco looked into her eyes seeing the truth behind her words. His heart was pounding the confident Slytherin had been brought to his knees by a Gryffindor. "I promise to come home."

"You better or I'll kill you myself." She laughed slightly. "Besides what better way to get back at Ron than date his sister." She smirked at him.

Draco raised his eyebrow and smirked back. "His face expression alone will be worth it." Draco reached out and touched her cheek. Pushing a lock of red hair behind her ear he leaned over and kissed her tenderly. He pulled back pulling her into his arms both just content to listen to the fountain, praying and hoping they would live to see the moon rise tomorrow.

The great hall was now deserted except for two. They sat quietly at the Gryffindor table playing a game of chess. Ron needed to wind down and get his mind off military matters, and suggested a game of chess. It usually kept his mind occupied, not letting him think of things beyond the chessboard. But tonight his mind wouldn't stay on the game.

"It's hopeless 'Moine I can't keep my mind on the game." Ron sighed.

"But for once I'm actually winning." Hermione smiled.

Ron grinned at his fiancée moving his knight for the sacrifice. "My mind keeps wandering back to the chess game in first year and then the memories just keep coming."

Hermione moved the chessboard and sat on the table facing Ron. "Harry will win and this damn war will finally be over."

"I don't want anything to happen to you. I love you Hermione." Ron took her small hands into his larger ones and looked into her eyes. "I was so scared back in sixth year when Lucius kidnapped you."

"I came home." Hermione kissed his nose. "And I'll come home tomorrow." Ron kissed her softly pulling her down into his lap. "I'm just as scared, I don't want to loss you." Hermione whispered into his chest.

"You won't I promise, and a Weasley always keeps his promises." Ron whispered into her hair.

Hermione pulled away from him and stood up giving him a mock glare. "Oh really Mr. Weasley I remember a time in seventh year you promised me flowers and I never got them." She stood in front of him with a smug look hands on her hips.

Ron reached for something under the table and pulled up a bunch of red roses tied together with a satin ribbon. "Sorry they're late."

Hermione's hand flew to her mouth when she saw the roses. Tears sprang into her eyes as she reached for the bouquet. She looked up into Ron's loving eyes and flew into his arms.

Harry left the great hall to let his two best friends have some privacy and time together. No matter what Dumbledore stated his mind couldn't get off the impending battle. His heart ached for the loss of Colin, Cedric and all the others before them. During dinner he looked around memorizing faces wondering which ones would not be at the table tomorrow. He shook himself out of his thoughts and looked around. He was at the Quidditch Pitch. He smiled remembering all the matches and fights with Malfoy. A quick ride around might help him relax a bit, so he summoned his firebolt and hopped on.

The moment he landed he knew he wasn't alone. He spun around pulling his wand a curse on the tip of his tongue. He lowered his wand when he saw who it was.

"Pansy you shouldn't sneak up on me like that." Harry took a deep breath. "I could have hurt you."

"Little ole me snuck up on the great Harry Potter." She smirked.

"I was caught up on my flying that I didn't see you come onto the pitch." He laughed lightly.

"I've never been down on the pitch before." Pansy looked around the stadium. "Looks different from down here."

"You should see it from above." Harry smiled.

"That's okay I prefer to keep my feet planted. Care to walk me back to the castle." Pansy took his arm and began walking towards the castle.

"You don't even wait for an answer, just do what you want." He snickered.

"It's the Slytherin in me." Pansy smiled up at him. She looked at his face and she could see the worry lines etched across them. He looked much older than his 19 years of age. "Harry tell me what's troubling you?"

"Besides Voldemort?" Harry half smiled.

"Yes." She stopped at the castle steps walking up a few so she could look him in the eyes.

"I'm tired physically and emotionally. I'm tired of the constant pressure to be Harry Potter." He paused, "everyone here is here for Harry Potter. They fight next him not me. Very few know the real Harry or want to know."

Harry closed his eyes feeling the tears come up. He wasn't sure why he was telling her this but it felt good to say it. "I'm sorry Pansy I shouldn't be dumping this on you."

"Harry, your human like the rest of us. Admittingly you got the lives of a couple of cats, but you have the right to feel emotion." Pansy put her hands on his face forcing him to look at her. "Some of us our here for Harry. It was Harry that took care of me after Diagon Alley. It was Harry that made sure I was safe and comfortable. It's Harry I'm standing with right now. He's the reason I'm here and not some death-eater's little wife."

Harry opened his mouth to protest but was cut off by soft lips on his. Pansy could see the doubt in his eyes and decided that a true Gryffindor need action not words so she showed him her feelings and trusts through a kiss. Harry wrapped one arm around her waist while his other hand snaked into her hair pulling her deeper into the kiss. Harry pulled back looking into Pansy's eyes and smiled at her.

"Well I definitely now have to kill him tomorrow." Harry smiled.

"Oh and pray tell Mr. Potter how did you come to this conclusion." Pansy leaned into his embrace.

"Having a mad man trying to kill you puts a damper on someone's love life. It doesn't do well to try to impress a girl if in the middle of a date some death-eaters show up and try to kill her." Harry chuckled 'okay I've been hanging out with Snape and Draco to much.'

Pansy couldn't help but laugh. The imagery alone was enough to get her into hysterics. The laughter was contagious both of them just sat on the stairs leaning on each other laughing. Harry wiping away the tears stood back up pulling Pansy with him and headed into the castle. He escorted her to her rooms and gave a small kiss goodnight.

"Harry promise me you won't do something stupid. Like challenging him in some sort of duel because of your stupid Gryffindor courage." Pansy eyes pleaded with him.

"I'll let the Slytherin in me out tomorrow and fight on his terms." Harry kissed her forehead, turned around and walked away.

Pansy watched him leave and went into her room. "Damn him and that Gryffindor blood. He'll challenge him to save others. I just hope the Slytherin will let him play nasty." She climbed into bed and fell into a fitful sleep.

Sirius leaned up against the headboard watching Salem pace around the room. When he had heard that Hogsmeade was under attack he panicked. It took three soldiers and Snape to hold him back from running towards Hogsmeade. Grant just handed him a 9mm, loaded him up into the hummer. The only thought on his mind was to find Salem. When they pulled into Hogsmeade the battle was over, but the destruction was clear. Students were in a daze; soldiers were trying to come to grips to what they had seen. He heard one mutter that the 24 hours in Somalia was nothing compared to the past twenty minutes. He transformed into Snuffles and hunted Salem's sent. He tracked her down by the twin's shop. He could smell the grief. He transformed back and called out to her. She turned and ran into his arms crying. That was when he saw Colin's body. He held her tight and tried not to feel guilty that his first thought was thank god it wasn't her. He looked into his godson's eyes and saw the grief. He handed Salem to her father and pulled Harry into his arms. He knew Harry would not ask for comfort but needed it. He grabbed Draco, who was standing next to them with tears in his eyes. He had seen the look before, refusing to cry even though he needed to. He made sure all three were escorted to the make shift hospital and had Poppy look them over for an injuries.

As the days wore on he began to notice that Salem was seeing Poppy every morning. When he asked about it, she just shrugged it off as check-up from Hogsmeade. Tonight the two came back to their rooms after dinner and just sat in front of the fireplace talking about various things. He noticed that Salem seemed preoccupied but figured it was due to the upcoming battle. Now as he sat watching her pace back and forth he knew there was something else.

"What's wrong?" Sirius got out of the bed and walked over to Salem. He reached out to stop her from pacing. "Honey?"

Salem closed her eyes and leaned up against him. Tears slipped out and ran down her cheeks. The emotions were too strong for her to handle. Once she started crying she couldn't stop. Sirius just held her rocking her back and forth whispering soothing words into her ear. After a while she composed herself and looked up at him.

"Sirius do me one thing." She whispered.

"What?"

"Survive." She stepped back pulling him towards the bed. "Tomorrow night I'll tell you what's wrong."

"Please honey, just tell me. I know it's bothering you and I want to help." Sirius sat next to her on the bed.

"I know you Sirius, your curiosity will drive you mad. So unless you never want to find out you have to survive or the fact you didn't know will haunt you into the afterlife." She smiled at him as he began to laugh.

She always did know him better than he knew himself. And she was right. The curiosity of what she was going to say alone would get him to be more careful, that and the thought of failing her again like he did that Halloween night.

"Your evil you know that." He smiled and pulled her into his arms.

"No, I'm a Ranger and we use all tactics to make sure everyone comes home." She snuggled into his arms. "I want to be here in your arms tomorrow night, and you will not do anything stupid like the Gryffindor you are and get yourself killed."

"Would this be a bad time to bring up the fact you're a Gryffindor?" He snickered.

"Yes." Salem laughed as her hands traced down his sides and slid under his sweat pants. Sirius growled slightly and pushed her down into the bed.

He looked into her eyes trying to convey all the thoughts and feelings he could never put in words. "Promise me you will stay safe."

"Promise." She sealed the promise with a kiss.

Millicent stood on the edge of the Forbidden Forest waiting for information from Blaise's spy inside Hogwarts. Voldemort was not pleased with the results of the Hogsmeade Raid. For that matter neither was Blaise. The students were more resilient than he had figured and those muggles 'warriors' were well prepared. They were only able to take a few off- guard. Blaise had sent Millicent to see what their spy had to say, supposedly they information that would be crucial to Lord Voldemort's plans. Hogwarts was closed up tight, and any of Blaise's Slytherin spies that were still at the school, had been locked up in their dormitories along with all the other students. He knew something big was going down, but he didn't know what. Millicent was pleased that Blaise had trusted her with this task. Only a few people knew about this spy, not even Snape had known about Voldemort's inside person at Hogwarts. She paced back and forth getting a bit impatient. It was midnight and the warm spring evening was becoming cool. Millicent was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard footsteps heading her way. She pulled up her cloak and waited in the shadows.

The spy moved into the clearing looking for their contact. Millicent was shocked. No way. She was the spy. "Why Professor Trelawney it's been a while."

"Where is Blaise?" The singsong voice was gone.

"He was preoccupied and sent me. So what information do you have?" Millicent spat out she didn't like the professor back in school and liked her even less now.

"They know the headquarters are located at Chalmers. They are planning an attack at dawn. So I suggest you hurry home and warn them dear. I predict bad things will happen." Trelawney smiled. "Young Potter will meet his end by the hands of the Dark Lord tomorrow."

"So tell me where your predictions on my death actual predictions or well planned out schemes to kill me?" Harry stepped into the clearing wand raised.



Chapter 18: Blood Drawn at Dawn

The battle raged on around Harry. He dodged, rolled, and ducked curses that were thrown towards him. He quickly dove behind a stone ledge just as another curse fly over him harmlessly. It had begun at dawn. A Ranger, who had shot one of Voldemort's point guards, drew first blood. No one had heard the shot; only a few had seen him fall. As he crept forward quiet and deadly the Ranger nodded at Harry and Draco as he went by. At that moment, Harry, finally understood where Salem was coming from. These muggle soldiers were trained to kill; just last night he had witnessed these men laughing, playing, and at awe over the wizardry world. He had seen how strong their bonds were to each other. And now he had watched them kill. He realized that they didn't kill to save their own lives, but instead to protect the person next to them. Draco had turned towards Harry, his eyes conveying the very thoughts that were running through Harry's own head. Salem made sure her team understood and had learned the most important Ranger motto. "I'm not training you to kill death-eaters or to destroy Voldemort. I'm training you to protect the person next to you. If during the process of protecting your teammate a death-eater dies it's an added bonus. Never leave a man behind!"

Harry quickly looked around searching for Draco, but the blond was nowhere to be seen. He vaulted over the stone ledge, tackling the death-eater that had recently shot a curse at him. The two went down to the ground, struggling. Harry kicked out his foot connecting with the man's windpipe, hearing the sickening sound of the larynx crushing under his foot. The death-eater went down in a heap clutching at his throat. Harry didn't hesitate he stood and ran towards the center of town. They had separated in pairs: Harry and Draco on the East end, Ron and Hermione on the West end. They were to meet in the middle where the actual orphanage/headquarters where located.

Harry and Draco had been separated near the cemetery when they first entered the town. They had been fighting a mixture of hand-to-hand combat while dodging and sending hexes. They had overpowered the first few death- eaters, but slowly lost ground as each one fell only to be replaced by two others. They were pulled apart fighting without any backup. Harry hexed the last death-eater and turned to help Draco. Time stood still. Blaise had appeared out of nowhere sneaking up from behind the blond, who was struggling with two death-eaters. Harry watched in slow motion as Blaise pulled out his wand and uttered those two terrible words. Harry didn't recognize his own voice as he yelled for Draco to watch out. Draco turned to look behind him, his eyes piercing into Blaise's. Draco knew there was nothing he could do to get out of the way. In a blink of an eye Harry was going to lose one of his closest friends. He ran towards Draco in an attempt to knock him out of the way, when he saw Goyle tackle Draco to the ground taking the curse in his place. Harry attacked the remaining death- eaters killing one instantaneously and sending the other into unconsciousness. Draco rolled and jumped up pulling his 9mm looking for Blaise, he was nowhere to be found. Draco holstered his gun and kneeled next to Goyle. He closed Goyle's eyes and whispered an oath of vengeance. Hearing a startled cry, Harry looked up to see Crabbe watching from his spot on a Black Hawk. The sharp sound of the machine gun being locked and loaded echoed in the street followed by the deafening sound of empty shell cases slamming into the pavement. Crabbe took out his frustration of losing his best friend by firing rounds into one of the buildings Millicent had informed them was one of the training centers. Harry grabbed Draco; Goyle's death will not go unpunished and they ran towards the center of town. That was over an hour ago. They had been attacked once again, but this time they were supported by a group of Rangers. Draco had taken three of the Rangers and headed into the alleyway. That was the last Harry had seen of him. Harry, followed closely by a small detail of Rangers, made his way towards the center of town. When he got there, the only thought that entered his mind was Chaos.

Draco had been separated from Harry over an hour ago. He had taken three Rangers with him trying to find a quick way around the building to out flank the group that had Harry and the others pinned down. They ended up instead locating a nest of death-eaters waiting to enter the battle. One of the Rangers had noticed movement inside the building and signaled the rest of the team. Draco looked back asking what he had seen. He nodded towards the building and held up his hand motioning that at least ten or more death-eaters were located inside. Draco quickly took note of the building wondering if it was one of the few that Millicent had pointed out on the map as a possible strong hold.

~*~

When Harry had called an emergency meeting he was worried. When he walked into the Great Hall with Millicent behind him he knew something had gone wrong. Snape had been right, there was a spy in our mists, but who? He would later admit that he was shocked as hell that Trelawney was Voldemort's spy. Snape had practically fainted, but had to give the bitch credit, she was good. It came as a surprise to everyone that Millicent was one of Dumbledore's spies. Only a select few had known she was working for Dumbledore, it was purposely kept that way for her protection. Millicent revealed to the group Voldemort's weak spots and the best locations for an attack. She also stated that Blaise was over confident and the new death- eaters were mostly ex-Hogwarts students and not well trained. Since Trelawney had escaped, it meant that Voldemort knew they were coming. Ron was the one that argued for them to keep with the plan. Voldemort would assume that since the plan was jeopardize Dumbledore wouldn't risk lives by going through with it, and that is exactly what they should do. So at dawn they had set out.

~*~

Draco motioned for them to take up positions and prepare to enter the building. The team moved in fast and expertly. Before the death-eaters knew what hit them, five of them were down. Draco came in behind sending hexes towards the remaining death-eaters. The battle was over in five minutes, with no casualties. Draco looked around to see if they could gather in any information.

"The hypocrite." Draco yelled looking at the video screens. "He's got the streets wired with video cameras. Mister bad ass Lord who hates all things
Muggle."

The team leader grinned, "let's use this to our advantage." He grabbed the radio and called headquarters. "Alpha Charlie this is Bravo Tango."

"Bravo Tango this is Alpha Charlie, report."

"We found surveillance equipment in sector four building two, and need someone to come and switch frequencies."

"Sending in a team with 'Geek' to take control. Once they arrive proceed to rendezvous point."

"Copy, Bravo Tango out."

Ten minutes later a hummer drove up to the front of the building. General McClellan stepped out and walked into the building. Not at all fazed by bullets and hexes wheezing by.

"I have to admit this is the strangest war I've been in." He stated walking into the room. "Sorry it took so long we ran into those creatures called Dementors, nasty things. Lupin here ran them off for us."

Remus Lupin stepped behind the general into the building. Instead of army fatigues he was wearing the Kevlar black robes with his wand in one hand, and a machine gun strapped onto his back. Coming up behind him was Cody, looking a bit pale. He went straight for the monitors pulling out his equipment and went to work.

"Give me a few minutes I should have these images back at headquarters." Cody stated a bit of fear in his voice. He had never seen war and after this planned on never seeing it again. Cody watched the monitors and noticed a situation in the middle of town. "Draco take your men to sector three. Salem is in trouble." Cody pointed at the screen to show Salem pinned down by a squad of death-eaters. They seemed to be better trained than the one they had encountered so far. Draco signaled for the team and they headed towards the center of town. McClellan and Lupin and a small team stayed behind to protect the building. McClellan order points around the building and a sniper up on the roof. In the mean time Lupin, Cody and the general watched the battle that was going on in the town center in desperation.

Draco and his team arrived at the scene to witness the terrifying sight of a Black Hawk going down. They could hear over the radios Black Hawk down, Black Hawk down. The captain of the Black Hawk held onto the control to make sure they crashed away from the square. There were to many Rangers, Deltas, and Aurors down there that would be injured. He later received the Medal of Honor for his fast thinking that saved many lives, posthumously.

On the edge of the square he could see Salem and Sirius with a group of Aurors and Rangers pinned down behind a make shift wall. The square itself had become dead mans land. Nothing was in between Salem's small army and the death-eaters that were dug-in in front of the orphanage. He couldn't see Harry, but the sight before him spurred him into action. Blaise was by himself off to the side of the orphanage. Draco took off running.

~*~

Ron ran as fast as he could towards the center of town. The moment Hermione and him had Apparated into the town all hell had broken loose. There was a team of death-eaters waiting for them. Both Ron and Hermione dove for cover barely avoiding getting hit by a stream of hexes. They had ended up on opposite sides of the street. Hermione turned towards him, smiled and mouthed 'I love you' then turned and headed towards the center of town. Ron sent a silent prayer for her safety and then took off down the street.

He skidded to a halt when a body physically rammed him into the ground. He fought the person until a hushed 'stop moving' and an American Flag patch was thrust into his face. Just as he stopped struggling he noticed a group of five death-eaters heading straight towards them. He glanced around and was relived that some fallen debris had blocked them from their view. They walked on past, not once glancing towards the wall of debris. The soldier got up and helped Ron to his feet. Ron recognized him as the wizard soldier he talked with the first day. They soldier smiled and handed him a M-16 and the two headed off. The soldier's hummer had been attacked on the road into town, scattering his men. They were ordered, that if they were to get separated, to rendezvous at the center of town. That was where he was heading when he saw the group of death-eaters and Ron heading straight for each other.

The two made their way towards the rendezvous point with little to no resistance. The closer they got the less patrols they ran into. It was as if everything and everyone was congregating towards the center of town. As if everything depending on what was going on in that section of town. The two men turned the corner in time to see the world start to fall apart.

The center of town was a perfect square, the only four roads in town ending on each corner of the square. The Orphanage stood on the South side of the square facing what looked like an old Cathedral. What used to be a park for children to play in, lay between the two buildings. Now the only thing that lay in the park were bodies from both sides. The death-eaters were dug-in in front of the orphanage while Salem had dug-in in front of the Cathedral. Ron could see two snipers up in the bell tower, but couldn't see who they were. The two men took in their surroundings and stopped in horrification of what lay before them. The air turned cold and the screaming of battle filled their ears. Ron came out of his stupor when he heard someone calling him. He shook his head and turned to see Jake gesturing wildly towards their left side. He turned in time to see a Dementors coming right at them, which explained the sudden feeling of cold. He pushed the soldier to the side and cast his Patronus not as good as Harry's but still strong. A golden Lion came out of his wand and roared at the Dementors sending them fleeing back towards the orphanage. Ron bowed his head towards Jake, thanking him for the warning. Ron began to make his way towards the Cathedral. When he arrived on the scene, the first thing he had done was survey the area. He had noticed a small weakness on the Southeast corner and wanted to get to Salem to see if they could exploit it. Just as he made his way towards the command post, where Salem was located, it happened. He heard the two words before he saw where they were coming from. With instinct that Salem drilled into them, he hit the floor and rolled back up quickly surveying the scene. He wasn't sure what happened until he heard the anguish cry from the Northeast side of town. He looked up to see Harry screaming. That's when he saw that Sirius had fallen.

"NO!!!!!!! Sirius!!!!!!!!!!" Harry screamed as he watched his Godfather fall. He turned towards the orphanage to see Voldemort smile and turn around heading back into the orphanage. He was stopped by the presence of Albus Dumbledore.

Hermione had dove away from the death-eaters fast. Salem had trained her to fight with the boys, but she would be the first to admit that she was more suited for the brainwork than warrior. The first thing she noticed when she came out of the roll was that she had been separated from Ron. She took in the situation and new it would be more dangerous to try to cross the street to join him. She mouthed 'I love you' and took off towards the center of town. She pulled out the 9mm and backed up against the wall. She wasn't like the boys charging into a fray with out thinking, but instead walked silently surveying what's on the other side of the corner before going around the corner.

~*~

She peered around the corner and saw no one so quietly crept down the street. She reflected back to earlier that morning merely a few hours ago, even though it seemed like days. Ron had convinced Dumbledore to go ahead with the plan, hoping that Voldemort would underestimate the Headmaster. Before they headed out they said their goodbyes and made their peace. She quietly watched as Harry informed Pansy that Millicent had been a spy. The pure joy on the women's face shinning through when hearing that her best friend hadn't betrayed her but instead worked for the Order was priceless. Especially when the look went to horror knowing what Millicent went through then to anger for being left out of the picture. It was quiet amusing. Hermione knew Harry would have his hands full with the petite Slytherin. She wasn't blind she saw the looks between the two, and the goodbye kiss. She was so busy watching Harry and Pansy that she almost missed Ron's outraged face when he saw Draco and Ginny locked in a passionate embrace. Hermione had just laughed and pulled the muttering older brother away. This wasn't the time or the place for petty rivalry.

Hermione had made the first mistake Salem had grilled into them, she had let her mind wander. And she now found herself in a sticky situation, confronted by three death-eaters. She fired off a few rounds and then dove towards the ground. As she rolled back up the other two were laying on the ground next to the one she shot. She looked around in shock, smiling when she saw Snape and Dumbledore standing in the middle of the street.

"Next time you will be more attentive Miss Granger." Snape stated coolly. He was right, she had not paid attention and it almost cost her, her life. She nodded and followed the two wizards towards the center of town.

They came up on the Southwest side of the square. They were able to knock out several guards and sneak up to the front of the orphanage. Harry's scream alerted them to the situation at hand. They turned the corner to see Sirius fall to the ground. Harry's anguish cry tore at her soul. Dumbledore then pushed the two of them back and stepped in front of the orphanage blocking Voldemort's retreat.

The two wizards faced each other, as the world stood still. Hermione would later swear that all sound ceased. The dull whoop of the Black Hawk's blades could be heard in the distance. All focus turned towards the two wizards. Both with their wands raised circling each other watching each other's every move.

"It ends here, Tom." Dumbledore stated, his age seeping into his voice.

"Yes, it does old man." Voldemort hissed back.

The curses began to fly between the two and no one moved an inch. Harry watched in suspended horror as his mentor and hated enemy fought. He didn't see Blaise on Voldemort's side waiting for the advantage. He didn't see Draco running towards the orphanage, straight for Blaise. He didn't see Dumbledore stumble or Snape run forward; all he heard was two words - Avada Kedavra. His world stood still as he watched Dumbledore fall to the ground. For the second time in less than five minutes he screamed in agony as he lost his mentor and friend. His grief moved to anger. His pain moved to hate. He moved fast and quickly towards the orphanage. Never noticing death-eaters falling from his path. Not hearing the sounds of a sniper rifle clearing them out of his way. He was only focused on the sight of Voldemort laughing as he stepped over the fallen Headmaster walking into the orphanage. He was so focused on his hated enemy that he didn't see Blaise enter right before or Draco running a few steps ahead of him. Harry and Draco entered the orphanage at the same time. The door closed behind them sealing them to their destiny.

Ron ran towards the orphanage in the desperation to back Harry up. He knew Harry's intentions probably before Harry did, and he wasn't going to let him fight alone. Just as he reached the front doors a magical field threw him back onto the ground. Ron looked up to see Trelawney standing over him laughing.

"My predictions will finally come true. I foresee an untimely death of young Mr. Potter at the hands of the Dark Lord. Then the world will be his for the taking." She pulled up her wand and pointed it at Ron.

"That's funny, I had my own premonition this morning, and it was of your death." Trelawney turned to see Snape wand raised, "Avada Kedavra." She fell dead at Snape's feet.

Snape helped Ron up and away from the battle.

"What do we do now?" Ron asked.

"We wait." Snape sighed watching the battle rage on around him. Death- eaters confident their Lord will defeat Potter and the world would be theirs. The light side praying that Harry will be able to do what Dumbledore couldn't. No matter which side won, the war ended here at this time, at this moment.



Chapter 19: My Name is Harry Potter - You Killed My Father Prepare To Die

The moment the two men entered the building they felt the magic surge surround them sealing them to their fates. Harry was beyond rage, beyond pain, beyond feeling any emotion. All he could focus on was one simple thought - the destruction of Voldemort.

Harry stopped in the entryway and sneered at the snake like creature. He slowly raised his wand pointing it directly at Voldemort, "My name is Harold James Potter you killed my father prepare to die."

Draco had stopped his forward movement towards the back of the orphanage when he heard Harry's comment. He gave Harry a quick grin, "Harry you have seen that movie one to many times."

Harry just smirked back never taking his eyes off Voldemort, "I'll make a deal with you; kill the prince and I'll take care of the king."

Draco nodded and ran towards the back of the house, leaving the two wizards alone. Neither moved from their spot. Neither lowered their wands. The room was thick with tension and anticipation.

Voldemort glared at the young man that stood proudly before him. "There is still a chance you could join me."

"Go to Hell! Actually why don't I send you." Harry growled back.

"Unfortunately our wands are useless against each other." Voldemort sneered.

"That's why I brought this, Expelliarmus." Harry sent the disarming spell towards Voldemort, who easily dodged it but still looked a bit surprised. The wand Harry used wasn't his usual wand. Since the end of the Triwizard Tournament Harry knew the two brother wands would be useless against each other. So he had gone to Ollivander's for a new wand. After a long afternoon and nearly the destruction of the store they came up with the one he was holding, 10 inches Mahogany with Dragons blood. He had been training with it ever since.

"Well Mr. Potter, your more resilient than I thought. This will just make your death so much more pleasurable." Voldemort sneered sending curses towards Harry, who easily bounced them back. The fight for the world had begun.

Draco pulled out his 9mm, pocketing his wand, and began the slow search for Blaise. He let his senses and instinct take over. With his back to the wall he slowly made his way down the hallway towards the back of the building. He noticed a swinging door on the right hand side father up the hall. Figuring it to be the kitchen he slowly made his way towards the door, listening carefully for any sounds coming from inside. About to move on a slight shuffle caught his attention. He pulled up the gun and kicked the door in, quickly dodging to the right to avoid any hexes. He heard a sharp yell as the door swung back around. Draco leaped in front of the door quickly firing off a few shots. A curse and the sounds of a table being knocked over confirmed that someone was in the kitchen. Draco kicked open the door again this time diving in with a fast roll to the ground and back up gun drawn aimed towards the sounds he heard previously. A foot connected to his arm forcing the gun to fly out of his hands. He turned swiftly avoiding a second blow and kicked out with his right foot. With his momentum his left fist came around coming in contact with Blaise's nose, breaking it on impact.

"Now Blaise, isn't that the second time I've broken your nose." Draco sneered facing his ex-schoolmate.

"You will die here today."

"Really, that's not what Trelawney predicted." Draco smirked sending a right hook towards Blaise's jaw. The impact sent Blaise to the ground.

Blaise jumped back up wand raised, "Crucio!" Draco dodged but not far enough. He got a tail end of the curse hitting him the shoulder forcing him to the ground. Blaise snickered as he raised his wand again. Draco rolled revealing his gun. Blaise quickly turned and dove out of the kitchen through the swinging door. Draco emptied the cartridge into the doorway.

Harry's head jerked to the sounds of gunfire towards the back of the building, but kept his eyes focused on Voldemort. He sent a silent prayer that Draco was all right. He knocked down a bookcase towards Voldemort trying to catch him off balance. Voldemort dodged the bookcase and sent a third wave of curses toward Harry.

"Not bad for a decrepit old snake." Harry smirked. 'Note to self, stop hanging out with Snape.'

"Not as decrepit as Dumbledore, the old fool thought he could defeat me." Voldemort dodge the curses Harry yelled out.

"Dumbledore was twice the wizard you will ever be. Tom." Harry knew that would piss him off; he hated being referred to by his old name.

"He no longer exists. Expelliarmus."

Harry's wand flew out of his hand. Voldemort laughed as he caught in the air.

Draco chased Blaise up the stairs onto the fifth floor, and was now searching each room. The floor was obviously a set of dormitories for the kids that had stayed here. As he made his way down the hallway he listened for any sign of movement. He kicked down the first door, quickly searching the room. After several attempts he caught a slight movement in the far corner of the hallway, near the window. A mouse scurried out of a hole by the last door and ran across the floor to the other wall. Draco crept towards the door and listened closely, he could hear the slight shuffling sound of boots walking along a wooden floor. Draco centered himself in front of the door ready to kick it down; then stopped when he figured Blaise would be prepared for the same assault from the kitchen. He decided to try something different, so he holstered his gun and turned towards the window.

The sound of the battle filtered to his ears the second he opened the window. He quickly scanned the battle noticing that Salem had rallied the troops. She was taking over the field and closing in on the death- eaters. He looked down to see how much of a ledge there was and about cried with joy to see a small balcony. It ended just past the first window from the room where Blaise was located, just beyond that was a second and third window. He climbed onto the balcony and crept towards the first window. He looked into the room to see Blaise with his wand raised aiming at the door. He was prepared for a frontal assault but not a flanking maneuver. The window was locked and pretty solid, breaking it with out being seen would be impossible. He looked back out towards the battle and a reflection caught his eye. Up in the bell tower of the Cathedral across the way was Donovan with a sniper rifle. Donovan had noticed him standing out there and was watching him carefully. He signaled at the window hoping Donovan got his meaning. Draco stepped back from the window just in time to hear the glass shatter as Donovan aimed for Blaise. Draco could only hope Blaise had been hit. With the window broken Draco could clearly see Blaise looking a bit panicky. Draco took the advantage and dove into the room wand drawn. He disarmed Blaise quickly. Blaise went for a physical approach when he tackled Draco to the ground. Both wands went flying as the two fought.

Harry dove around the corner barely avoiding the curse Voldemort threw at him. Harry picked himself off the ground and ran towards the back of the orphanage. He needed Voldemort distracted even if it was for a minute. He slammed into the kitchen barely noticing the place was in shambles. He opened the drawer ups in a frantic pace looking for any type of weapon. He could hear Voldemort coming down the hall. The last drawer fell onto the floor scattering the knives all over. He picked up four of them and bolted out the door slamming into Voldemort sending him to the ground. Harry jumped up and throwing one of the knives towards Voldemort as he hurried down the hallway. Voldemort dodged and aimed his wand where had stood. Harry found himself back in the entryway, the only difference he was now wand less. He waited for Voldemort to come around the corner before he threw the second knife. The knife embedded itself into Voldemort's leg. Voldemort didn't flinch just pulled out the knife and threw it onto the ground.

Voldemort looked at Harry with amusement, "is that all you can do?"

"I've just begun to fight." He threw in quick sequence the last two knives. Voldemort sidestep each one.

"This is the famous Harry 'the boy who lived' Potter? The baby that defeated me?" Voldemort laughed.

Harry stood there in passive defiance. "I think by now you would have figured out that I'm not easy to kill."

"How exactly do you plan to get out of this one?" Voldemort sneered.

"Now if I told you, what fun would that be?" Harry smirked. His eyes hardening turning dark green as he stared at Voldemort.

Voldemort felt the magic surge around him. It was crackling all through the room. Harry raised his hand towards Voldemort. Voldemort quickly raised his wand.

Draco's back ached as he fell to the floor after hitting the wall. He barely avoided Blaise's foot as it came for his face instead hitting his shoulder. Draco quickly grabbed the foot ignoring the pain and pushed Blaise back. He jumped up tackling the death-eater to the ground slamming his head into the floor. Blaise pushed him off connecting his foot into Draco's ribs. Draco heard two of his rib's crack. Draco moaned as he rolled away from Blaise. Draco knocked over one of the chairs stopping Blaise's advancement. He turned stood up breathing ragged as he faced Blaise. Blaise came at him in a rush. The two collided into the far wall between the second and third walls. Draco sent a left hook straight for the jaw, and a right jab into the ribs. He kneed Blaise in the groin while grabbing his robe pushing him away from the wall. Draco quickly turned them throwing with all of his might Blaise into the second window. The window gave out crashing to the ground below. The sounds of battle filtered into the room. Blaise held onto the window planes glass cutting into his hands. Draco leaned forward grabbing hold once more of Blaise's robe.

"You've been hanging out with those Gryffindors, Draco. Can't see me fall to my death." Blaise sneered. "Just have to see Justice done, take me into the Ministry."

Draco stood there calmly.

"Nothing to say Malfoy." Blaise smiled. "It's true then you are a disgrace to the Malfoy name."

Draco just smiled as he leaned forward, looking Blaise directly in the eyes. "I'm more of a Malfoy than you think."

The last thing Blaise saw before he died was Draco leaning out of the window watching him fall.

Death-eaters surrounded the body of Blaise Zabini; their second in command lay dead on the sidewalk. Panic ensued through the lines, they were loosing.

Draco turned away from the window. He grabbed his wand and discarded gun and headed down stairs. He just about turned the corner at the last set of stairs when he heard the two things he never wanted to hear again.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort screamed out.

A gunshot rang out a split second later. The two met in the middle. The green light of the killing curse surrounded the silver bullet. Harry quietly whispered a few words and the bullet began to shake as it absorbed the green light into its shell. Before Voldemort could understand what happened the bullet ripped through the air towards him. He never knew what happened or what Harry did. The last thought that went through his head, was how could a muggle weapon destroy the great Voldemort, the thought was soon followed by a silver bullet putting an end to his life.

"Harry!" Draco screamed as he ran down the last set of stairs. Not knowing what he would find.

The fighting stopped out front of the orphanage. Salem looked towards the orphanage as she felt the magic around her being pulled towards it. All around the battlefield Aurors, death-eaters and soldiers stopped as they felt the magic being pulled towards the building as if a black hole had opened and was sucking it up. An Apache overhead began to loss control as the chopper was pulled towards the ground. The world went silent and deathly still. A second went by then two. A rumbling began to be heard from under the orphanage the only warning before the building exploded out knocking everyone off their feet. The captain of the Apache was barely able to keep the chopper from crashing into the ground as it was pushed back violently. When the backlash of magic had dissipated the building was in ruins, along with a few others around the square. Salem ran towards the building not caring about any injuries or if a death-eater was in her way, only thinking about the two boys she loved as if they were her own sons. She didn't even notice Ron, Snape and Donovan running right behind her. She skidded to a halt when a portion of the rubble began to move. Draco stood up helping Harry up from the ground. At the last second he had pulled his wand setting up a shielding charm around Harry and himself.

Harry looked up into the eyes of one Salem Black. He tried to smile but the pain of loosing Sirius was now hitting home. He didn't have time earlier to feel the pain when he faced Voldemort, but now it all came back. He sobbed and fell into her arms. Mumbling how sorry he was for not saving him. He was wrapped in his guilt that he didn't hear what she was saying until she pulled away from him and forced him to look at her.

"Harry look at me." She forced him to make eye contact. "Sirius is not dead."

Harry stood there dumbfounded, "what?"

"He tripped and the curse went right over him." Salem smiled. Forcing the pain she felt in that second she thought Sirius had died, away.

"He tripped." Harry repeated. He began looking around hoping to see a glimpse of his godfather.

"He's back at Hogwarts a small division of death-eaters attacked not much after we attacked the town. He went back with Arthur to help Sonny with the defenses." Salem answered his questioning look.

"I need to see him." Harry stated. 'Sirius was alive.' Harry repeated over and over again.

Salem led Harry and Draco over to a waiting Black Hawk. The moment he borded he was engulfed into a smothering hug, he caught a glimpse of red hair, informing him it was Ron.

"DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" Ron screamed hugging his friend again. "I lost at least ten years off my life when I saw you rung across the square."

Harry smiled slightly at his friend reassuring him he was all right. "Where is Hermione?"

"She went back with Sirius to Hogwarts." Ron stated. "We got word over the radio that the defenses held and they rounded up most of the death-eaters. I guess it wasn't much of a battle."

"Casualties?" Draco asked from the side.

Harry turned towards his friend, momentarily forgetting he was there. "Thank you for the shielding charm. I was so focused on Voldemort I didn't even think about one."

"Hey, you did the hard part." Draco smiled.

"What happened to Blaise?" Harry asked.

"He fell." Draco commented. Snape eyed the Slytherin from his seat. He watched from the ground the struggle on the window ledge between the two. Draco had simply let go of Blaise and watched him fall. He had caught the look in Draco's eyes. The slight flicker of pain to see an old friend die, knowing it was at his hands. Snape knew Draco would be all right in time. He had good friends and someone who cared deeply for him. Snape had been so relieved to see Draco alive that he dropped his masks and hugged the boy. Then threatened painful death if Draco ever told.

Harry eyed the blond but didn't say anything; there would be time for talking later.

"We lost one Black Hawk, and it's crew of two pilots and two crew chiefs, and two apaches with their pilots. Last I checked the total was twenty- nine soldiers dead, twenty wounded. About thirteen Aurors dead with seventeen wounded. I'm sorry Harry but Percy Weasley, Dean Thomas and Oliver Wood were part of the casualties. We also lost Hooch and Dumbledore, Hagrid was wounded by doing fine now." Salem closed her eyes trying not to feel guilty for not loosing Sirius.

"I'm sorry Ron." Harry stated.

"It's okay Harry. You saved hundreds thousands or more lives today by killing him." Ron knew Harry had a tendency to feel guilty for loosing people. "How did you do it?"

"Yes, Mr. Potter how did you do it?" Snape raised his eyebrow in question.

"I made him think I was desperate and frantic because I didn't have my wand. The knives were a diversionary tactic. I wanted him to panic so I used some of my abilities to do wand less magic and make him think I was pulling the magic around me to use against him, when reality it was just a light show." Harry smiled shyly. "I then raised my hand making him think I was going to send the magic his way when I pulled up my gun and pulled the trigger."

"So you shot him?" Ron asked.

"Yes, and no." Harry closed his eyes and sighed. "I did shoot him, but I cursed the bullets. I found a spell that would bind ones soul to in animate object. So I placed the spells on each of the bullets. While I was running 'frantic' I loaded my gun with these bullets. On top of the binding spell I cursed them with the killing curse. I waited to pull the trigger until I heard him yell out the killing curse. Since the two curses met in the middle the bullet absorbed the killing curse as it headed towards Voldemort. On impact the binding spell ripped out Voldemort's soul killing him instantaneously. As the bullet exploded on impact it destroyed his soul."

"Wicked!" Ron stated not quite sure what else to say. Everyone else sat there in silence. Snape had a new found respect for the 'boy who lived'. The plan was clever and devious, very much a Slytherin. "And the backlash of magic?"

"I have no idea." Harry stated.

The Black Hawk landed on the front grounds of Hogwarts. Harry stepped out of the Black Hawk and ran towards the castle. He got a few yards, when he was engulfed in strong arms.

"Sirius." Harry cried as he buried his head into his godfather's chest.

Sirius just held him close to him thanking every deity that he was alive. Salem ran up to them and wrapped her arms around them both. Draco soon followed and the unique family held each other and cried, happy to be alive.

Jake stepped out of the second Black Hawk followed closely by Donovan. Cody was still monitoring the surveillance equipment informing the clean-up crews if he sees anything out of the ordinary. Monica was helping Hermione, Pansy and Ginny with the wounded making sure everyone was comfortable and stable so Poppy could heal them. Sonny walked up with Arthur Weasley and his twin sons, who looked tired and weary. Jake smiled at the family reunion happy to be alive. Donovan looked tired and haggard but content, a job well done.

"So boss do we get a vacation after this?" Sonny asked the team leader.

"I guess you could have a few days off, we do have a headquarters to rebuild." Donovan smiled. He watched as the three girls came running up to the growing reunion. Hermione launched herself into Ron's arms knocking him to the ground not caring about dignity. Draco was able to catch Ginny and steady himself before he got knocked over. He pulled her into a passionate kiss, ignoring his injuries.

"When did that happen?" Arthur looked at the twins.

"I have." Fred started

"no idea." George finished, both in a state of shock.

Pansy glided into Harry's arms sensing his bone tiredness. She just held him as he took comfort in her embrace. Salem refused to let Sirius go. At this moment she need all the reassurance that he was alive and standing next to her.

Jake walked up to the group and smiled at the people he now considered family. For an orphan he sure had a large, unique family. He looked around at Donovan and Sonny talking with each other, Donovan still holding the sniper rifle. Snape stood off to the side watching the tender reunions a small smile on his face, content to be there. The kids, now adults, he grew to know over the past years as brothers and sisters. He envied them a bit, that they all had loved ones. Harry looked up from Pansy's shoulder and smiled at Jake. He pulled out of her arms and walked over to the undercover cop.

"I'm glad your safe." Harry gave him a quick hug, then stepping back into Pansy's arms.

Jake smiled as his eyes took on a mischievous look. "Harry Potter now that you have defeated Voldemort, what are you going to do next?"

Donovan chuckled as Jake held out his wand as if it was microphone waiting for Harry's answer. Salem laughed at the bewildered face expression of one Harry James Potter. She smiled as an idea formed in her head.



Chapter 20: When You Wish Upon A Star

Ron decided that muggles were insane and maybe Voldemort had the right idea of getting rid of them. He stood behind Hermione eyeing the creature with disgust. How? Why? What was the point? Hermione was shaking with laughter, to think that the big bad ass Unspeakable was hiding behind her afraid of a small creature.

"But Hermione it's wrong!" Ron pointed at the thing.

"Ron he's harmless and the children love him." Hermione snickered wiping away the tears.

"But it's a large rodent!" Ron shivered at the thought.

"Ron he's Mickey Mouse." Hermione fell onto one of the park's benches laughing hysterically.

"Hermione this is not funny." Ron stood there very indignant.

McGonagall had taken over has Headmistress of Hogwarts, working with Arthur Weasley, who was officially voted into office, on cleaning up the remaining death-eaters. Reporters, wanting interviews on how he defeated '(you know who)', were hunting Harry down. Draco enjoyed scaring them away a little too much. Salem felt that the best thing for all of them was to get away from the public eye, so what better place to hide from the wizardry world then Walt Disney World. The only witches and wizards there were wearing costumes. After explaining to Harry what Jake meet with his statement, Salem contacted a few of her friends and had everyone on a flight to Florida within a week. Just getting Draco and Snape on an airplane was more fun Salem had had in years. You would think after spending countless of hours with the soldiers that helped with the war, they would be used to muggle technology, they thought wrong.

"There is a difference between flying one of those choppers then this airplane." Snape snarled at Salem. "Those soldiers were trained professional. These are just muggles." He waved his arms around the airport.

Salem rubbed her forehead, "Thank God we are taking a private jet."

It didn't help matters that Harry, Draco, and Ron were running around the airport having a blast looking at shops and advertisements.

"Harry you were raised Muggle." Hermione looked over at the wizard. "You would think this would be nothing for you."

"The Dursleys never let me go anywhere. I've never been outside England or even near an airplane." Harry looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Pansy come get your boyfriend, I have to find Ron." Hermione yelled for the petite Slytherin. Pansy smiled at Hermione and took Harry's hand leading him back to the group.

"But I want to see the terminal." Harry whined.

"For an Unspeakable your acting like a child." Pansy mock glared at him.

"I've finally got a chance to act like one." Harry stated. Pansy smiled at the Savior of the wizardry world.

"Okay, fine lets go get some candy." Harry kissed her and ran towards the candy store.

After a long flight and countless explanations on how planes worked. They arrived in Florida a bit haggard but excited. Donovan and his team had rented a bus to take them to Walt Disney World. Cody was bouncing off the walls of the bus he had never been to Walt Disney World and couldn't wait to get there. Salem had gotten them accommodations at the Grand Floridian, the nicest of the deluxe resorts. They were going to spend two weeks there enjoying the parks, rides, and just relax.

They were just a few days into vacation when Ron first met Mickey Mouse. The nineteen-year-old boy screamed and ran back down Main Street. Hermione couldn't stop laughing to go find him. After that Ron just refused to be anywhere near the rodent. He was still having issues over the whole Scabbers problem.

Ron and Hermione were the first ones to arrive at the meeting spot. The rule on vacation was that they could split up and do what they wanted as long as everyone met in the evening for dinner. The couple sat on the benches near the train station waiting for the rest of the group to show up. They spotted Draco and Ginny walking towards them

"I don't get it. Why does the duck not have pants, but the rat does?" Ginny rolled her eyes he was still going on about the Disney characters. "And if Goofy is a dog why does he get to walk around, yet Pluto is on a leash? And what is up with their versions of witches?"

"Draco that's enough." Ginny sat next to Hermione. "How are you doing?"

"Ron still refuses to go near Mickey." Hermione snickered. "It didn't even help when two-year old ran up and hugged him, yet Ron was afraid."

"A two-year old out witted you Weasley?" Draco laughed.

"It's wrong!" Ron crossed his arms in front of him.

"I can't believe you did that!" Lupin stated as they stepped up to the group. Next to him was Snape wearing all black in spite the summer weather in Florida. Cody and Monica were holding each other up. They were both laughing so hard they could barely walk.

"They deserved it, the insolent brats." Snape growled. "I could care less of their attitude I'm used to the pain in the ass children." He glared at the four ex-students. "But to insult Monica because of her heritage was to much."

"What happened?" Draco eyed his ex-Potions professor.

"Some teenagers were being rude and obnoxious in line in front of us." Lupin answered, "Snape here warned them to behave like civilized creatures or else."

"I take it there was an or else?" Hermione asked.

"They called him a greasy bat." Lupin grinned as the four students began laughing. "Then they called Monica a derogatory name."

"Just points out that there are ignorant idiots everywhere." Ginny stated.

"So when they got on the ride. Snape punished them." Lupin finished.

"What did you do?" Ron eyes went wide.

"Let's just say they will never ever want to go on Space Mountain again." Monica stated. She had ignored the comment the teenagers had made they weren't worth her time. But it was nice knowing Snape defended her honor.

"Why?" Draco looked at Snape.

"Let's just say the Disney employees can't figure out how to turn it off. The teenagers are on a continues loop around the track at top speeds. If you listen carefully you can hear the screams for help every time they came through the terminal." Cody started laughing again.

"The spell will wear off in a few more minutes." Snape smirked.

"Harry Potter I can't believe you did that!" Pansy's screamed reached them before the couple.

"What? It was fun." Harry grinned.

"What did he do?" Ron asked.

"You know that section in Fantasyland, where they have the sword in the stone?" Jake's voice came from behind the couple.

"Yes." Ginny smiled.

"Well Harry decided to pull the sword out of the stone." Pansy looked over at her boyfriend.

"They called me up to pull it out." Harry defended.

"Yeah, but the adult isn't supposed to be able to pull it out, then they call up a little kid, who pulls it out." Pansy glared back.

"That's what was so fun about it. I muttered an un-locking spell and unlocked the sword completely pulling it out of the stone. You should have seen Merlin's face." Harry smiled. "They wouldn't give me the crown or the cool cape though." Harry moped.

Draco started laughing, "Man what I would have given to see that."

"I'm so thank full you six have graduated." Snape shook his head. "This way I don't have to put up with you all the time."

"I wouldn't be to sure about that Professor Snape." Ron smiled.

"I don't like that Slytherin smile on you Ronald Weasley." Snape was official worried.

"You're looking at the new flight instructor at Hogwarts." Ron smiled.

"And I'm teaching Defense Against Dark Arts." Harry added.

"Why isn't Salem teaching it?" Donovan called out as he walked up with Sonny. The two of them had been called away to Chicago to check on the reconstruction of the team's new headquarters.

"I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!" Black's voice screamed out.

"That's why?" Hermione smiled.

Just then Black ran up to the group. He was bouncing with joy, hugging each one telling them each he was going to be a father. He even hugged Snape it wasn't until he got to Ginny that he realized it. "Ewwee I hugged Snape."

"You're having pups?" Snape smirked at Salem, who had just walked up.

"Hahaha." Sirius glared at Snape.

"Remind me to retire in eleven years last thing I want to do is teach a child of Black's." Snape sat down on one of the benches.

"Children." Salem grinned.

"Oh God, you are having a litter." Snape was obviously trying not to smile.

"Yes, and just to annoy the hell out of you, we are naming you Godfather." Salem smiled at Severus.

"I picked Lupin she picked you. Why I don't know." Sirius looked over at his friend.

"Really me, you want me to be the pups Godfather?" Snape sounded surprised. "I'm honored. I'll have to make sure he's excellent at Potions." He actually smiled.

"Oh God Hell just froze over." Harry laughed.

"What?" Sonny asked.

"Snape smiled." Harry grinned.

Severus Snape was for once in his life content and happy. Somehow through everything they all had made up for the past mistakes. He may never be a Marauder but he was part of the large family. Harry sat down pulling Pansy next to him looking over the group. Sirius was protectively holding Salem talking about decorating the nursery when they get back. Draco held Ginny close informing them that they better not think about leaving Malfoy Manor the place needed to be a home, and not some headquarters. Ron and Hermione discussing their upcoming wedding in a couple of months, right before school starts. Remus talking with Donovan and Sonny on what the future held for the team. Monica sat down next to Snape, not many noticing him taking her hand. Cody and Jake contemplating on getting a flat in London and traveling back and forth. Both of them had come attached to England and wanted to visit frequently. Harry smiled and pulled Pansy closer to him. Pansy wanted to open her shop up again this time in Hogsmeade to be close to Harry during the school year. Life was looking up and they had a future waiting for them.

A squeaky voice came from the side of the group. "Hello, my name is Mickey Mouse welcome to my home." There stood Mickey Mouse waving at Ron. Ron screamed and ran down Main Street trying to get away from the rodent. Many could here him stating that 'It's just wrong'. The group of friends and family laughed. Especially after Hermione handed 'Mickey' a twenty-dollar bill.

And they all lived happily ever after.Until an evil Dark Lord came into power and try to take over the world - Again.

~*~*~*~
END


Part three to the series is called "Past, Present, Future". It takes place six months from this point. Salem is due to give birth, in the mean time she begins to tell Harry and Draco the tale of how she meet Sirius and fell in love.