Somehow He Returns

by Tanith

Fandoms: UC:Undercover/Jason

Pairing: None

Disclaimers – I own no-one, shane does. Story based on the Friday 13th stories, after film 8.

Rating – NC17 contains murder scenes and death of character

Summery – Frank goes on holiday and wishes he hadn't



Somehow He Returns
by Tanith


Frank had injured his wrist and was going to take some well earned time off, only about a week but it had taken some persuasion. He couldn't figure out where to go though and the team were helping him find somewhere. He liked sailing, diving, fishing etc and even with the wrist, he decided that he could take part in these sports. Alex had been looking through some camps that did all this and had found one in Wessex County, Mass called Lakeside View. She had phoned
and they told her that it was low season at the moment and if Frank wanted to book with them, there would only be himself and six others there. They didn't really pick up till the schools were off, which was in another two months time.

"Frank I have found a lovely place for you, not that far away and it does all the things you like. There are only another six people there so you would be able to get some rest as well" Alex told him.

"Okay where is it?" Frank asked her.

She told him and said that they were expecting him the next day, about noon, if that was alright with him.

"Thanks Alex, would you help me to pack later?" he asked.

"Of course, anything to get you to take this time off"

"Oh so you really want me out of the way do you?" he said

"No it's not that, if you don't go, you will find some excuse to stay here and take on some more work" said Jake.

He sighed, knowing they were right. He followed Alex out to the parking lot and they drove to his apartment, where it took her all of half an hour to pack his things. They said their goodbyes and she left him to rest and he would leave there early the next morning.

"He is all ready to go" she told the others.

"Thank God, I thought he would definitely find some reason to stay. Now we can get on with the things we wanted to do. By the time Frank gets back,there will be no backlog of work" replied Cody.

Once the toxic waste subsided in the underground tunnels, the police searched for Jason but they couldn't find him anywhere.

"He couldn't have got out, this stuff would have destroyed anything it came into contact with" said one of the officers.

"Yeah but we are talking about Jason" said Rennie "He is different from anything else on this earth"

"Well we'll keep searching but if we don't come up with anything within 48 hours, then we have to assume that the water dissolved him. It is possible, look what it has done to that concrete pillar" the officer replied.

Rennie and Sean weren't so sure but for them it was over. As long as Jason didn't come back to NY, they didn't really care any more. At least they were still alive. The toxic waste engulfed Jason and he was carried along by the force of it. He had been blinded but somehow, a sixth sense allowed him to know where he was. The flow took him for several miles and then it
slowly eased and disappeared. He lay there for hours, in a sort of coma, almost dead but not quite.
It was dark when he scrambled out of the storm drain, he knew he had to get back to Crystal Lake. But he needed to be able to see. His first task was to find someone whom he could have the use of their eyes. It wouldn't take that long, he heard the voices of a man and woman, in a car quite close to where he was.

Walking towards the sound, he found the car and stood in front of it.

The man saw him and got out, swearing about him watching them and about being a pervert. As the man got close to Jason, he grabbed him by the throat with one hand and ripped out his eyes with the other then broke his neck and dropped him to the ground.

The girl in the car screamed as she saw her boyfriend killed. Jason fiddled with the eyes and when he stood up again, he could see her quite clearly. He was using the mans eyes as his own. He strode to the car and ripped the door off. The girl tried to get out the other side but wasn't quick enough, Jason slit her throat with a knife that was lying on the floor of the car.

Now he could see to return to the lake and if anyone got in his way, they would die too.


Frank arrived at the camp about 11.30 and once he had registered, drove his car to the cabin that he had been allocated. Going inside, he was surprised at how nice it was. Everything he needed for a restful holiday. His wrist was aching but he only had to have the bandage on for a few days. He had been stupid there, getting it caught in the car jack as he repaired something on his car, he had been lucky though. It could have been broken. If only he had taken it to the garage, this wouldn't have happened.

Andrew Shepherd who owned the place told him that as there were only a few there, they would all be mucking in together when it came to meals etc. he would be leaving at 6pm till 6am the next day. Frank was fine with that, it would let him get to know the others as well.

He was a bit of a loner when it came to work but he did mix a bit while away from the office. Once he was unpacked, he walked down to the cabin where they had their meals.

There was a tv, lots of games, large selection of books and other things for them to do. He met two of the other guests, a woman called Julie Conners and her friend Neil Johnson.

"Hello I'm Frank, you been here long?" he asked

"No only arrived last night" replied Julie "Are you going to be alright with that arm"

"Should be, only use the sling when it starts to ache. But it won't stop me doing th things down here that I like"

"Well the other four should be here this afternoon" said Neil "I think it would be nice if we cooked a meal ready for them, don't you"

The others agreed and as it was about 3pm, got all the stuff ready to be cooked. Frank could manage peas and washing up, he hated cooking really and lived on tv dinners. The others did the meat and potatoes. Between them, they did a very good job.

"So what do you do for a living Frank?" asked Neil.

"I work for the government, got some time off and came down here. Thanks to someone I work with, she found the place for me or I am sure I would have stayed in Chicago" Frank replied "You?"

Neil told him that he and Julie both worked for the local hospital and this was thei annual holiday before the kids arrived later in the year. They had enough of kids at work without putting up with them on holiday too. Frank could relate to that. The last thing he needed was a load of screaming brats around him.

By seven that evening, the others had arrived and the meal was finished and everything washed up. Frank had gone for a walk down to the lake, he wanted to be alone for a while.

"You know who that is don't you?" said Peter Brown, a lab tech from NY.

"Yeah, its Frank Donovan" replied Julie "So what?"

"It's the Frank Donovan, the FBI hostage negotiator, you must have seen him on TV. Quite famous he is" replied Peter "Wait till my mother hears this, she likes him"

"I knew I had seen somewhere before" said Sam Dawson "Well he seems pleasant enough, pity about his arm though, it will stop him doing some of the activities here"

"Don't you believe it" said Julie "I don't think that will stop him"

Frank was enjoying just sitting by the lake as it got darker when a voice made him jump. It was Lucy Ormond, a typist also from Chicago.

"I brought you a coffee, I thought you might like one" she said.

"Thank you, I didn't realize I had been out here that long. It is so peaceful here" he replied.

"You know they have recognized you back there. Well it was Peter who did. Hope it doesn't put you off, us knowing who you are" she said.

"No someone was bound to have seen me on tv, any major hostage situation and I am normally on there for some reason or another" laughed Frank "Anyway, I don't mean to be rude, I am going to bed, I am really tired. Will you tell the others and that I will see you all tomorrow"

"Sure no problem I don't think it will be long before we are all in bed. Not sure I will be able to sleep though, not here"

Frank asked her why as they walked back towards the cabins.

"You must know the legend of this place" she said.

"No what is it?" he asked.

"Oh doesn't matter, I'll tell you tomorrow"

One of the others had called her and she went dashing off before Frank could ask her anything else. It was probably some Indian legend, most places like this had them, stories of wolves and ghosts. He smiled to himself as he walked back to his cabin. He was asleep within half an hour of laying down and it would be 9am before he woke up.



Jason had managed to get on a goods train that was heading in the direction of Wessex County. He would get off as close as he could to his home. It was early in the morning when he found himself walking through the woods about 50 miles from the lake.

On the edge of the woods was a golf course, newly built but very popular with the locals. As he watched, he saw a group of four men walking towards him. They stopped about 100 metres from the trees and played their golf. One of them put his clubs away and walked to the trees. He had spotted a bird that interested him. He was a bird watcher when he wasn't playing golf or working.

"Come on George, leave the birds alone. I knew it was a mistake to bring you here" said one of the men.

"I won't be a minute, just keep playing" he said.

He walked into the woods and looked for the bird. A noise to his left made him turn around but he saw nothing. Then another crack of a twig was heard and he walked towards the noise. Suddenly he found himself face to face with a huge man, carrying a large knife. Before he could call out, his head was rolling down the little hill. Jason waited for the others to come and find their friends, then he would deal with them in the same way. Half an hour later, four bodies laid in the woods and the figure of a man disappeared back into the woods.

A road passed through the woods about a mile from where the men were killed and Jason saw a camper van parked there. A man was trying to change a wheel and shouting at someone else in the van.

"Would you please come out here and help me or we will be stuck here for hours" he shouted.

"Okay, okay give me five minutes" replied a voice.

As the man fiddled with the wheel, the van suddenly lifted he pulled the old wheel off and put the new one on. The van was lowered.

"Thank you and about time too" he said turning round, thinking it was his friend.

What he saw for that split second was a man in a mask, brandishing a knife and before he could shout for help, two hands were round his face, crushing it. All he could do was gurgle and splutter as the life was taken out of him, then his body carried away to the ditch beside the van.

"Right I've done but from the van moving you already did the wheel so what are you shouting about" said the other man coming down the steps.

He looked around but couldn't see his friend anywhere. The wheel was on but no finished. He assumed that he had been taken short and was behind a tree.

"Okay come on, let's finish this and go…Mike…Mike where are you" he shouted.

There was no answer but he thought he saw a shadow to the right of him and walked over. If it was Mike playing a joke on him, he would live to regret it, just because he didn't help him straight away.

As he reached the ditch, he saw the body of his friend laying there, a mess where his head should have been. He felt sick and turned round to retch only to see shoes in front of him.

As he looked up, a knife was thrust into his chest and ripped upwards. His dead body fell to the ground, blood running down the dirt track. The man who done this was walking away, blood dripping from the knife he was carrying.


Frank was on the lake fishing with Neil. It was warm and calm. They had left about 10am while the others were still deciding what they were going to do. Neil told Frank about his job at the hospital. It seemed very hard work and Frank realized that although his job carried risks, it was easy compared to Neils.

"No wonder you need a holiday, do you come here every year?" asked Frank.

"No this is the first time. The place only reopened about 18 months ago, had been shut for about five years. But the town needed some income and they decided to do the place up" he replied.

"Why was it shut do you know?" asked Frank "Lucy was about to tell me about some legend with this place but I haven't had the chance to ask her again yet"

"Well apparently there were some murders here, over a period of years and no-one would stay here. So they closed it. Don't know the details but the man supposed to have done this was called Jason. Still they say he was killed and there have been no more since"

"Sounds quite a nice person" replied Frank "I have met a few like that in my time, most are either dead or in jail"

They carried on fishing till it was getting late and then rowed back in. they were both hungry and had eaten all the sandwiches that they had packed. Between them they had caught about ten fish, so they would do for breakfast the next day.

"So did you two enjoy yourselves?" asked Julie when they walked in.

"Yes it was really nice out there, you should have come with us" said Frank.

"No thank you, I hate fishing, it is so boring" said Lucy "Come on, foods ready. We thought we would play some games tonight, there's Monopoly, Scrabble, all sorts. You okay with that Frank?"

"I'm not really into that sort of thing, they are for kids" he said.

"Oh come on Frank, you have to play" said Julie "it'll be more fun with all of us, please"

Frank finally agreed after they all pleaded with him. That would make three lots of two people. Evy had phoned to say she would be there the next day. By 9pm, between Frank and lucy, they owned at least two thirds of all the properties on the board and were taking the others money every go.

"It's not fair, you two are winning" said Neil "I thought you said this was for kids Frank"

"I know I said that but I never said I didn't play at all. I always was the best player at home, used to beat everyone" he replied laughing.

Neil went and got some beers out of the fridge and they all took a break to have a snack. Frank found that he was quite enjoying himself for a change. The team would not believe it if they saw him. They always thought he was a moody man, someone who lived alone and like to be alone. They would have seen a different Frank at this camp.

By midnight they had all had a few drinks and were relaxed with each other. Neil and Julie had gone off on their own while Peter and Sam were looking for something else to do. That left Frank and Lucy. She was about 24, average height and quite attractive.

"Fancy going for a walk Frank?" she asked "It's a lovely night"

"Okay come on, the others look like they have left us anyway" he replied.

They got up and after putting on their jackets, they walked round the cabins and down to the lake. The moon reflected on the water and sparkled as though it was in there. Not seeing a piece of tree root sticking out, Lucy stumbled.

"You okay?" asked Frank helping her up.

"Fine thanks, I'm always doing that, not looking where I am going" she laughed.

They sat on the edge of the lake, Lucy sitting as close to Frank as she dared. She liked him a lot and had made several observations about him, like the graying he had at the temples, the larger bottom lip and those quant little ears but most of all she saw that he didn't wear a wedding ring and by the looks of it, never had. As they sat there, he flexed his shoulders and neck, his arm was aching making them stiff as well as the fishing that day. He wasn't used to not being able to move properly. Lucy noticed and kneeling behind him, started to massage his shoulders asking if he minded.

"No it's nice, thank you. I will be glad when this arm stops throbbing and I can get back into the gym again. I miss a good workout, takes all the stresses out from a long day"

"Yeah I go to the gym sometimes but I am quite fit anyway with four brothers. I had to be in or be left out of their games right from an early age" she said

She could feel him relax under her fingers and he leant back against her without even realizing he was doing it. Lucy bent her head forward and kissed his neck. He pulled away and she felt stupid.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" she said going red.

"No its not that, it's not a good idea getting involved with me. My job makes it dangerous for relationships and the hours are unsociable. Plus…"

"Okay I get the message but we are on holiday. What happens has no bearing on what goes on when we leave and go back to our own lives. Why not just enjoy yourself Frank. I have a boyfriend back home but he knows that when I am on holiday, I am my own boss. As long as I go
back to him he doesn't mind. Don't get me wrong, I don't do this every time only when I fancy someone" she said.

"And you fancy me…you must be mad, I'm nothing special" Frank replied.

He sat there while she started to massage his neck again, if he was truthful, he fancied her but it was wrong. On the other hand she was turning him on and if he didn't move in a minute and go back to his cabin, he would turn around and kiss her back. After about ten minutes, the latter won. They lay in the fern, in each others arms, kissing each other, nothing more, just that.

"We've had some missing persons reported last night" said the constable.

"Oh yes…did you say persons?" asked the sergeant.

"Yes four men on the golf course. Went there early yesterday and haven't come home since. Apparently it is not like them. One of them is on medication for his heart and would never miss his tablets. Head office wants us to go and have a look round"

"Damn that is all I need on a Wednesday morning. Hunting for golfers. They are probably in the woods looking for their ball" he replied laughing.

The two men, got in their car and drove the fifteen miles to the gold course. There they found the car that the men had arrived in, still at the lodge but no sign of the men. The old man who ran the place was the one who reported it to the police after the wives of two of them had rung him.

"Do you know where they were going?" asked the constable.

"As far as I know they were starting at the tenth hole and working round to the eighteenth. They never did the whole course in one day. They kept score, left it here and picked it up the next time they came" said Paul.

"Okay we'll go and have a look. If they come back in the meantime tell them to wait here. I want a word with about wasting police time" said the sergeant Tom.

The two officers walked across the green to the tenth hole and then followed it through to the next and so on. At the twelfth hole, they found the abandoned golf clubs just laying on the grass.

"Well they were here. I can't see them going far and leaving these for long. They are too valuable to a would be thief" said Tom.

"Come on, let's have a quick look in the woods and see if they are there. They could be hurt somewhere, you never know"

Leaving the clubs, they walked to the trees close by the green. Splitting up so that they covered a larger area, they arranged to meet up in twenty minutes if they found nothing. The constable walked down a little hill, towards a clearing. Then he tripped over and caught his knee on a stone. Swearing he rubbed his leg and got up, turning to kick the root or whatever it was that he tripped . laying there was the head of a man, it's eyes staring up at him. He fumbled with his gun and fired it into the air to attract the attention of his partner, who came running over.

"What the hell are you firing your gun for, couldn't you just shout, I wasn't that far away…what's the matter with you…John…what is it?" he asked.

His partner was kneeling on the ground and it was obvious that he had been sick but he didn't get up but just pointed to where the head was laying. The man looked and turned white.

"Oh my God…what or who the hell has done this?"

about ten minutes later, they has found the rest of the man. While john stayed with the body, Tom raced back to the lodge and radioed to his office to send out more men and the coroner. He wouldn't say anything to Paul till the others got there but the man knew something was wrong.
By lunchtime, they had recovered the bodies of all four men and they were being driven back to the morgue. They had interviewed Paul but he could tell them nothing. Now they had the job of telling the relations what had happened. Just as they were getting into their car, Paul came running across to them.

"Tom it may be nothing but you know what the date is on Friday don't you?"

"No I haven't got my calendar with me" said Tom.

"It's Friday the 13th and the camp is open again" said Paul.

"Paul if you are thinking that HE is back, forget it. We have firm evidence that he was destroyed in NY weeks ago. There is no way he is back here" said Tom

They drove off, leaving Paul shaking his head as he went back into the lodge. He knew that he was right. HE was back and they would soon find out. But how many would die before they did.

The next morning found Frank and Lucy together in the same cabin. They had dressed and Lucy was going to creep back to her cabin before anyone saw her. Not that they were ashamed of what they had done but it was better to be a little discreet.

"Thank you for a wonderful night" she said kissing him as she opened the door.

"Thank you, I haven't been so relaxed for a long time. I'll see you in the main cabin in about ten minutes" he replied smiling.

As she left, he leant on the door. If the others could see him now, they would think he was ill. But they need never know what he did in his spare time. He hadn't told them before and didn't think they needed to know now. He knew it was only a holiday thing but as he had told Lucy, his life wasn't stable enough for a permanent relationship again. Getting his jacket he walked over to the cabin. Julie was getting worried, Evy had not turned up and she wasn't sure what to do about it.

"Why don't you phone her, she might have her mobile with her" said Neil "If not, give the local police a ring"

"I will if she is not here by noon, she might just be stuck in traffic or something"

She told Frank when he came in and he told her the same thing, ring the local police, there was probably a good reason for her being late.

"So where did you two get to last night?" asked Peter with a grin.

"We talked and went for a walk" replied Lucy.

"Oh yeah you were no where to be found when I went out about midnight" he said.

"Peter leave them, if they want to be together it's none of out business. You do what you want and let others do the same. Take no notice of him you two" said Julie.

Frank and Lucy walked into the main lounge and sat down with their coffee. Lucy nudged him and they laughed.

"I knew you couldn't do anything around here without someone seeing you. You're not annoyed are you?" she asked.

"No of course not. Just my team didn't see me, now with them I would never have lived it down" he said with a wicked smile.

"They can't be that bad can they? From what you told me they sounded nice people and you work well together"

Later Neil asked him if he could tell them about some of the things he had done as a negotiator. Frank replied that he would have to leave out names but he could tell them some things. They talked for a few hours, not just about Frank but the others too. Then Julie went out to ring the police, Evy still hadn't arrived.

"Hello is that the police, it's Julie up at Lakeside View. One of the girls who was supposed to be staying here hasn't turned up. She should have been here yesterday but there has been no sign. Have you heard anything?" she asked.

"Hello Julie, nice to here you again. No we haven't heard anything at the moment but we will keep an eye out for her, don't worry" said John.

He put the phone down and looked at Tom.

"No I won't believe he is back, she is probably just running late or has decided not to come at all" he replied.

"Shouldn't we just look for her, just in case. I have to drive up that way in any case. Better to be safe, after all we still have to find out who killed those golfers yet"

Tom agreed, he was tied up with those deaths anyway, he had to go down to the morgue that afternoon where they would tell him what they died from. Not that any information of that nature was needed, their own eyes could tell what they died from.

John drove out to the road that led up to the camp. It was quite a long road, about five miles in all and twisted in and out of the woods. About two miles in and he saw the camper van sitting there. As he got nearer, he saw something laying on the ground. Stopping the car, he got out and slowly walked closer. It wasn't his week, there was another body, with what looked like a head attached,
blood everywhere. He ran back to the car and picked up the mike.

"Tom…sergeant for Gods sake come in, someone please answer me" he stuttered.

After a few minutes that seemed like hours, Tom came on the radio.

"John what is it, I was in the yard" he said.

"I've found another body, you have to get up here quick" said John.

"Okay I'm on my way…is it the girl?" he asked

"No it's a man"

The sergeant asked him where abouts he was and putting the mike down, grabbed his rifle from the cupboard, ran outside and screamed off towards the woods. He found the man sitting in his car. But he got out when he saw Tom arrive.

"Where is it?" he asked.

"Over there by the camper, there is another in the ditch, to the left"

"Okay stay there, I'll go and have a look"

he came back a few minutes later, rather white and picked up the mike. He radioed through to the morgue and asked them to bring out the hearse for the bodies. He would have to get in touch with the force in the next town. God he thought, what if John was right and HE was back.

By the time they had finished it was about 4pm, all they had to do now was to tow the van back to town and find out who the people were.

"Look go back to town with the van. I am going up to the camp, see if that girl has arrived yet and see if they have noticed anyone about. If you are right and I hope you are not, they are in danger up there" he said.

As he drove up there, he decided not to mention Jason, he would just say that there had been a bit of trouble and if they saw anything to let him know. There was no use scaring the hell out of them for no reason, not yet anyway. If the legend was right, he would stay away from the camp till Friday.

Damn what was he thinking, IF it was Jason…things were pointing in that direction and why wait till Friday, he was already killing.

"Hi Tom" said Julie giving him a hug.

"Hi Julie nice to see you again"

"We have known each other for a long time" she told the others "What brings you out here, have you heard from Evy?"

"No nothing but I do need to see you, everyone who is staying here at the moment" he said.

Julie told him that the others were in the main cabin. Tom told them that there was some trouble up at the golf course and for them to keep an eye out for anything odd.

Just as he was about to leave Frank spoke to him. He introduced himself and asked if there was anything he could do to help.

"Look I can tell there is more to this than you are letting on" he said.

"Yes I knew who you were, you are right there is more to this. There have been six murders and we have no idea yet who has done it. But I didn't want to tell the others, not just yet" said Tom.

"Well I'm here if you need help"

Tom thanked him and drove off. Later Frank remembered something from the other night.

"Lucy you were going to tell me about the legend of this place, what was it?" he asked.

"Oh yes…well the story goes that a boy was drowned here many years ago. Not long after there were a lot of murders and it seems that he was the one doing it. He was evil and had not drowned after all. Maybe he has come back" she told them.

"What was his name do you know?" asked Frank.

"Jason…can't remember his last name" said Lucy.

They decided to go sailing on the lake with what remained of the day.

If Evy turned up now, she would have to wait for them to get back.

Frank said he was going to get changed and would join them at the lake. He walked back to his cabin and turned on his mobile. He rang his office Chicago and spoke to Cody. He told him to put the phone on the speaker so that they could all hear what he had to say and what he wanted them to do.

"Frank, how's the holiday going, missing us?" Cody asked.

"Oh of course I am" replied Frank "Look I want you to do something for me"

"Anything Frank, name it"

"Okay I want you to find out all you can about this camp, when it was built, when it opened, any legends surrounding it or the area. Then get back to me" he said.

"Consider it done but may I ask why?" said Cody.

"There has been some murders up here and I have heard a few stories about the place. I just want to know the facts before I consider helping the police if they ask me. When you have found out, I want Alex and Jake to join me down here. No need to rush, the weekend will do. Get that other work done first. Then I am sure you could do with the break" Frank told them.

"Murders, only you could go somewhere and someone gets killed " joked Alex.

"Very funny. Look I have to go, the others are waiting me, I'll speak to you later, bye"

They all sighed and looked at each other.

"A break, he says, this weekend he says" replied Jake "Some break, we'll be working by the looks of it. So glad he is enjoying himself"

"Oh come on, let's get this stuff finished and then go down there. Hopefully they will have cleared all this up by then and we can have a few days break. You never know" said Alex.

Cody was already on the computer, researching the camp. By the time Frank rang him later, he was still looking and told Frank to ring back in the morning. He said he would. When Alex and Jake arrived back in the office, Cody looked worried and they asked him why.

"I've found out all about that camp and it is not good. I don't think we can wait till the weekend before you go down there. I think you ought to travel there today" he said.

They looked at the paper work that he handed them,

"Oh my God, I think you are right. If this is correct then Frank and the others are in danger. Come on, let's grab some things and leave. We can be down there in a few hours. does Frank know what you have found out?" asked Alex.

"No I didn't want to tell him on the phone. I thought it would be better coming from you. Just get there and make sure he is okay" replied Cody "you should be there before it is time for him to ring
me"

They picked up all the paperwork ad grabbing some clothes on the way, started the drive to Lakeside View Camp. As they were driving through the night, they would take it in turns to drive.


"Damn this stupid thing" swore Evy as she kicked the little car "What a waste of money"

She had been driving all day and five times the car had broke down.

First it was a puncture then it overheated twice, ran out of gas and now it wouldn't start at all. She was about six miles from the camp and it was dark. There was no way she could walk all that way but on the other hand, she didn't want to spend the night out there. It was too spooky.

Deciding that she would have to walk, she grabbed her bag out of the car and a torch. Then locking it she started towards the camp. There would be someone there who could run her back to pick up the car the next day.

As she walked along, someone was shadowing her, in the trees, every time she stopped, they stopped and so on. The girl was sure of it but could see nothing. About half a mile down the road, she stopped to rest, the case was heavy and she opened it to take out some sandwiches and water. To make matters worse, her mobile was flat so there was no way of calling anyone.

Sitting on her case, she opened the box and took out a sandwich. The shadow in the woods was getting nearer and suddenly she screamed as a knife was plunged through her back and out the front. Blood spurted out as she fell to the ground. Footsteps could be heard crunching on the gravel of the road and fading into the distance.

A car pulled up at the camp about 5am and Neil was woken by someone knocking on his door. He got up and opened it.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"I hope so, I'm Alex and this is Jake, we have come down to see Frank Donovan, can you tell us where we can find him"

"Oh you're part of his tem, sure walk down the path and his cabin is the second one on the left. Will you be here later?" he asked.

"Hope so, see you then" said Jake.

Neil watched them go and then closing door, went back to bed. He wondered why they were there but decided that he would find out soon enough. Alex knocked on the cabin door. They heard a voice tell them to hang on then he opened the door and was shocked to see them standing there.

"Jake…Alex…what are you doing here, I said the weekend would be fine" he said.

"We had to come, this is important…your life may depend on it" said Jake.

He told them to come in and he poured them all a coffee and then they sat down. Alex took out the paperwork that Cody had put together.

"Now this is everything that Cody could find out. I'll tell you and then you can look at it yourself"

"Fine but what did you mean, my life could depend on you being here?"

"You'll see by the time I have finished" replied Alex "Right here goes"

She laid the papers out on the coffee table in order and started to tell Frank all that they knew.

"Right lets start with the camp. The camp was built in 1935 and was originally called Camp Crystal Lake. In 1957 there were a group of children here when one of them was drowned. The councilors with them, it seemed were not watching them as well as they should have been. His name was Jason Voorhees, he was ten years old. Thing was his body was never found. The camp was shut for many years. In June 1979 a man called Steve Christy spent £25,000 to reopen it. Unfortunately he and eight other people were killed when Pamela Voorhees, Jasons mother.
One girl survived and kills the woman. The girl is traumatized and doesn't go back there till the August where she disappears. No trace of her has ever been found. The camp was closed again until 1984, when a man called Paul Holt opens a training camp next door. Incidents happen again and the camps name is changed to Lake Forest Green in 1988. There are more murders and the place is shut permanently. Again in 1993 the town is doing badly financially and someone decides that if they changed the name back to Camp Crystal, they might be able to make some money out of it. It didn't work and the camp was changed back to Forest Green"

"So nothing has happened since '93 then" said Frank "Did they find out who killed all these people"

"We're coming to that" said Jake "Now we go to the story of Jason. As we said he was reportedly drowned in 1958 but no body. Nothing was heard of him until 1979 and then only rumors. In late 79 when the camp reopened, people were told to ignore the stories about Jason being alive and seeking revenge. In 84 the training camp is open and Jason kills several people, one girl fights back and hits him with a machete but he kills her and escapes. Then he makes his way to Higgins Haven and kills several teenagers. One of them hits him in his head with an axe and they all think he is dead. He is taken to wessex County morgue and later escapes, he was not dead after all. He
returns to the lake and kills again. This time a boy called Tommy Jarvis kills him and he is taken to Eternal Peace cemetery and buried. Tommy spends the next four years in a mental institution after what happened. In 1988 he is released and goes with a friend to dig up Jason to make sure he is dead. Somehow a bolt of lightening resurrects Jason and after killing the friend, he heads back to camp Crystal. He kills a few people but leaves the children alone. Tommy and a girl manage to lure Jason into the lake and getting a chain round his neck with a rock attached, he pushes him into the lake and with the aid of an outboard motor that is where Jason was thought to
actually have died. In 1994 two people went onto the lake and somehow pulled up an electric cable and Jason again was brought back to life. He killed these two and using the boat, drifts down the river that exits the lake and ends up on a ship, the SS Lazarus where he kills all the passengers or at least he thinks he has. Two survive and tell police about him and that he is in NY. After another killing spree, police are convinced that he had been destroyed by some chemical waste in the underground tunnels. But it seems that he survived and is back here…somewhere" said Jake.

Frank was pacing the room, not sure whether to believe what he had been told.

"How can this man keep being killed and then coming back to life. It is impossible" he said.

"This is no ordinary man. He is evil itself, apparently nothing can kill him for long, he will always find a way to come back. Especially on a certain date" said Alex.

"Which is?" asked Frank

"Friday 13th and that is tomorrow. If he is back everyone here is in great danger"

Frank looked over the papers and then put them down again. He stared at the two of them. This was all fantasy surely, no-one could survive all this over the years.

"What do we know about Jason himself?" he asked.

Jake picked a piece of paper and looked at it.

"Well name, Jason Voorhees, born Friday 13th 1946 in Wessex County. White, 6ft 3", about 250lbs, brown eyes. Has machete wounds, bullet wounds and other injuries, has been burned and wears a hockey type mask. Has the strength of 20 men. Usually uses a machete himself but
has been known to use other assorted weapons as needed. Always comes back to Crystal Lake. Why don't you take this stuff and ask this sergeant you told us about and see what he has to say" said Jake.

"Okay let me get dressed and we'll go and see this man and find out what he knows. Let's hope this is all fantasy and just some nut out there" said Frank.

They all got in the car and drove off into the town hoping that the police started early in a small town like this. Tom was going through some paperwork and jumped when they walked in.

"Hello Mr Donovan what brings you here so early?" he asked.

"Call me Frank, this is Alex and Jake two of my team. They have been doing some research and I want you to look at this stuff and then tell me what you know….please"

The man looked at each of them and took the folder, opened it and sat there reading all that Frank had just been told not an hout before. He looked up and sighed.

"You have done well. What do you want to know. Is all this true? Well the answer is yes, every word, some of the dates are a bit off but that doesn't matter. Jason exists, he is, that is the only way I can describe it. You couldn't say he was living, not in the sense we know living. No living man could survive all that he has been through. He is pure evil, I am not sure what he is, not really. I just know that I myself have emptied two guns into him and he still kept coming. I am still not sure how I survived that night but my daughter didn't. he killed her, hacked off her head and left it in my car. I didn't to believe he was back but all the evidence points to it" said Tom.

"Oh my God, so what do we do if he can't be killed. It is going to be pointless to try and shoot him"

The sergeant agreed with her and told them what Jason had had thrown at him over the years. You could have killed a battalion with all that this person had taken and still managed to either survive or come back to life.

"He was hit with a machete and we thought he had died. He was even buried but the lightening revived him" said Tom.

Jake looked out of the window and seemed to be thinking about something.

"What have you got in mind Jake?" Frank asked.

"I was wondering if we could find this Jason and `kill' him, we could put him back in his grave and this time make sure nothing will ever bring him back to life"

Tom shook his head and sort of laughed.

"That has been done, it didn't work, this creature is evil, unstoppable, at least for good" said Tom.

"No I was thinking of something more permanent. Why not fill the grave with concrete, once his body is in there. Even he could not get out of solid concrete" said Jake.

"It could be worth a try I suppose but we have to find him and `kill' him. Putting concrete in a grave is easy, doing the former is the hardest part. We know the murders have started and I would lay money on the fact it is him and there are going to be more bodies before the weekend is out"

A bit later Frank and the others went back to the camp. They had decided not to tell the others what they had found out. They would be safe as long as they stayed together and didn't wander around at night. At least that is what he thought, he still couldn't believe all this about Jason. Which was another reason he didn't say anything to the others. They wouldn't believe him. It was to prove the biggest mistake he had ever made.

"All I am saying is keep a look out, don't go anywhere alone and not at night, at least till the police can find him" said Frank.

"Well I am here to enjoy myself and I am not letting a prowler scare me" said Peter.

"Do you think he will come back here?" asked Jake later

"If the stories are true and I am having difficulty believing them and yet, let's assume they are, then tomorrow is the day to watch out for" said Frank.

"And what do we do if it is him and he does turn up?" asked Alex.

"Pray!" replied Frank.

Neil and Julie had taken some things the next morning and gone off into the woods. They wanted to photo some of the wildlife up there.

"What if we see that prowler?" she asked.

"Then he had better be able to rune fast" replied Peter waving a rifle about.

Julie laughed as they walked along the trail that led deep into the woods. About two miles in, they saw some foxes playing in a clearing just ahead of them.

"Look you go round that way" whispered Neil "try and get some pictures and I'll go this way. Try not to scare them"

"okay, my niece will love these" she said.

Being careful not to make a noise, they went off in different directions. They could see each other across the clearing and Neil took some of his photos of the cubs. He waved to Julie and then saw
her disappear a few minutes later. He assumed that she had finished and was coming to meet him over where he was.

Julie had taken about fifteen pictures and then her film ran out.

Thinking she had another one in her bag, she searched through but found she hadn't. knowing that Neil always carried several rolls of film, she waved to him and getting up started to walk round to where he was crouched.

As she rounded a large oak tree, she walked straight into a large machete, which killed her instantly. Her body hadn't hit the ground before Jason was walking round to where her friend was. When she didn't arrive after about five minutes, Neil decided to meet her halfway. Putting his camera away, he stood up and turned around.

Standing in front of him was Jason, blood dripping from the machete.

A large hand grabbed him by the throat and although he struggled, he was pushed against a large tree and skewered to it by the machete. His body shook for a few seconds before Jason removed the weapon and his body fell to the ground.

Jason then turned and headed towards the camp


"Frank Alex is going to town to the library to find out what she can from any news clippings that they may have" said Jake "Maybe there is something in that Tom or Cody didn't know that might help us"

"Might be an idea but be careful" said Frank.

Alex took the car and drove down the drive and out of the camp, watched by a pair of unseen eyes, high up in the woods. Later in the day, it started to get dark early as a storm was coming in from the east. They all decided to eat together and then watch a movie till the storm passed.

"I have a couple of good horror films in my cabin, shall I go and get them?" asked Lucy.

"Yeah why not, be better with this storm" smiled Jake.

Frank shook his head, he had had a few beers and was relaxed, laying back in the armchair, forgetting about Jason for a while. He couldn't understand however, how storms and horror films always went together. He preferred the light on when watching some of them.

"I'll go with her" said Peter "You get the beers and popcorn ready"

Frank was about to say something but they had already gone out of the door. He went with Jake into the kitchen and while he got the beers, Frank did the popcorn.

"Alex is taking a long time" said Frank.

"Well she said if she found out any names in the clippings, she would try and talk to them plus she was going to see Tom to see if he had anything new. Personally I think she fancies him" laughed Jake.

Frank raised an eyebrow and they took the things into the big room.

Sam was dozing in the chair and jumped when Jake kicked it as he came in.

"What…what's going on?" he asked waking up quick.

"Have a beer, we're going to watch some horror films when Peter and Lucy come back" said Jake.

"Oh right, thanks. Sorry I fell asleep, I didn't sleep much last night, have a toothache. This beer might help" Sam replied.

Peter and Lucy had run over to the cabin to get the tapes and had only been there a few minutes when there was a loud crack of thunder and all the lights went out.

"Damn that has put paid to watching these" said Lucy "I wonder how long they will be off. We'd better get back to the others"

"We don't have to go back just yet do we?" asked Peter.

"Depends on what you had in mind" said Lucy.

Peter walked over to her and pulled her into his arms. He had fancied her ever since they arrived but also knew about her and Frank.


After a bit of romping on the sofa, Peter pulled Lucy towards the shower. She told him to get in and she would join him a few minutes.

Stepping in, he turned on the water. Soon the bathroom was full of steam and after a while he wondered where she was.

She had gone into the bedroom to undress and get a robe for each of them. A noise in the lounge made her jump and she called out Peters name. but no answer. Slowly walking into her room, thinking Peter was going to jump out on her, for which she was going to kill him, she saw nothing and went back for the robes.

As she picked them up, in the mirror she caught sight of a strange man in a mask standing behind her with a large machete in his hand.

Before she could run, scream or do anything, he had sliced her across her neck, allowing blood to pump all over the mirror and floor. Then he heard a voice calling out from the shower. He let her fall and walked out of the room. Peter heard the door open and close, thinking it was Lucy carried on talking to her.

"What took you so long, this water will be cold. I thought perhaps you had changed your mind" he shouted above the water running.

Suddenly the curtain was thrown back and blood mingled with the water as his head was severed from his body and fell into the shower tray, a scream fused to his face. The water, steam and blood continued as Jason smashed his way out of the back door of the cabin and up to one of the others.

Frank had got up to look out of the window when the electric had all gone out, not a single light could be seen anywhere and he wondered it was just there or the whole town. Peter and Lucy weren't back and neither was Alex.

"Jake you stay here, I'm going to find out what has happened to them two, won't be long. Try the phone or the mobile and try and get hold of Alex and see if she is alright" he said.

"Frank take this rifle with you just in case" said Sam.

"No it's okay I always carry my own gun" he replied patting his side.

He put on Jakes leather jacket as his was in his cabin and went outside. He looked around quickly and then hurried over to Lucys cabin. The rain seemed to be getting worse and he was drenched just going a few hundred yards. As he reached the cabin, he saw the door open and taking his gun from its holster, crept up to the door and looked in.

Back at the main cabin, Jake had thought it would be a good idea if they checked the place, just in case. There were five rooms altogether plus a large basement. He had tried to get hold of Alex but the storm had made it impossible.

"Sam we'll check the place and make it secure, just to be safe. I have a bad feeling about this. Do you want to check up here or the basement?" he asked.

"You're worrying over nothing but I'll take the basement. I'll shout if I find anything" he said.

Sam unlocked the door to the basement and turning on the torch he had picked up, walked down the steps. It smelt musty and there were cobwebs on the stair rails. It looked as though no-one had used it in ages. He was surprised at how big it was, the size of the whole cabin and some.

As he looked around he heard a banging and walking towards the sound, he looked up and saw that there were two wooden shutters that led to the outside up some wooden steps. The wind was blowing them and the rain was blowing in. he went up the steps and secured the doors. Then he put his hand down to pick up the torch which he had laid down so that he could use both hands to fix the doors.

A terrible pain shot through his hand and as he looked at it in the torchlight, he saw that it was nailed to the bottom step. He tried to pull his hand but the pain was unbearable and then as he reached round to get something that might help free his hand, he felt the same pain again and saw that this hand was also nailed to the wood.

Looking up to see if he could see who or what had done this, he saw a large man, in a mask standing there watching him.

"What the hell are you doing, let me go…JAKE…HELP ME" he shouted

The man walked towards him and holding the hammer gun in his hands, he aimed it at Sams groin and legs and fired. Sam screamed but only once and only briefly as the gun was aimed at his open mouth and a long nail went straight in and attached his head to the step above.

Jake was upstairs looking round the other rooms and ws making sure that the windows were locked and never heard Sam scream in the basement. As he checked the last room, he walked back towards the main room. Walking past the basement door, he saw it was shut and looked like it was locked. Obviously Sam had found nothing as was waiting for him in the room. Finding he wasn't there, he walked into the kitchen to see where he was. Again he found nothing. Thinking he was outside, Jake grabbed a beer and opened the door to have a look.

He went up to the end of the verandah and called out to him. "SAM ARE YOU OUT HERE?"

no-one answered and after checking round the place, he went back inside and shut the door. He came to the conclusion that Sam had gone to his cabin and would be back in a few minutes. So sitting in the armchair, he started to read a book and then got up to get another beer. He would give it a while and then go look for him.


Alex had found out quite a bit about Jason in the library and although the only people mentioned in them were dead or had moved away, she had a lot more to go on. Picking up all the photocopies she had made, she left and drove over to the police station.

"Alex I thought you had gone back to the camp" said Tom.

She told him what she had been doing and asked if he had found out anything.

"Unfortunately yes, the bodies of Julie Conners and Neil Johnson have been found up in the woods, about three miles from the camp. A couple of hikers found them lunchtime. I tried to let you know when I got back here but the phones are out and the mobiles won't work here when it rains. Too many hills and trees" he said.

"Oh my God they are from the camp, I met them yesterday. We have to get up there, Jason might already be there" she said.

"I hope you are wrong but this is his sort of night" replied Tom.

He grabbed a multi-action shotgun from the cupboard and they ran outside and got in his car. With a screech of tires, they headed for Lakeside View. The rain was pelting down and they had a job to see but could see enough to notice a police car parked along the road about a mile from the camp. Tom stopped the car and got out.

"Stay here" he said.

Alex wasn't the sort to be told to stay in the car and followed him.

As they got closer to the car they could see the windows were smashed and in the torchlight they could see blood on the door. Looking in, they found his deputy laying in a pool of blood, his throat having been cut.

"Shit…damn this mother…he was only married three months ago" he cried.

He banged the roof of the car in frustration and Alex put a comforting arm round his shoulders.

"Come on, we have to get to the others before he does" she said.

Wiping his face, embarrassed that he cried in front of a stranger, took off his coat and covered the mans face with it before following her back to the car and heading off towards what he hoped was a group of friends enjoying themselves. But he had his doubts although he didn't voice them.

Frank had found nothing in the lounge area and walked towards the sound of water running. As he passed the bedroom, he saw in the torchlight blood all over the mirror and dressing table but no sign of Lucy or Peter.

"Oh my God!" he gasped.

Reaching the bathroom, the sound of water got louder and opening the door, he saw the shower curtain ripped and on the floor. As he neared the shower itself, he reached in to turn off the water and saw the head of Peter laying where the plug should be. He gasped and turned away, retching as his stomach turned. Going to the washbasin, he stood there for a few minutes trying to gather his composure. No matter how long he had been in the force, he could not stand the sight of blood.

Frank realized that if Peter was dead and there was blood in the bedroom, then Lucy was almost certainly dead as well. It dawned on him that Neil and Julie had also not returned and that Jake and Sam were alone in the other cabin. Perhaps Alex was in the best place after all. Leaving the mess and what was left of Peter, he made his way back to the main cabin, just as a car pulled up. Out got Alex and Tom. They hurried over to him.

"Frank…are you alright?" asked Alex.

She could see in the torchlight that something was wrong.

"I'll be okay. Two of them, Peter and Lucy, are dead, well he is, and there is blood in her room. Neil and Julie haven't come back and I was just going to make sure Jake and Sam were okay. How did you get on?" he asked.

"Well we found Neil and Julie earlier, they are dead too" replied Tom "I think we had better get the others and leave here. We can hold up at the station"

Frank thought it was a good idea and they went into the cabin to get the other two men. No-one was in the main room and while Frank checked the other rooms, Alex went into the kitchen. Suddenly a scream echoed round the cabin. Frank and Tom raced into the kitchen, to find Alex laying on the floor.

"Alex…what is it…what's wrong?" yelled Frank grabbing her.

"She's fainted" said Tom feeling her pulse.

Frank carried her into the other room and then with their guns raised, Tom and Frank walked slowly round to the other side of the kitchen. All they saw was a man looking into the freezer. As they got closer Tom touched him. The door swung open and they could see that although his body was outside, his head had been pushed through the metal door and was on the inside of the freezer. This time Frank ran to the sink and was sick with Tom almost behind him.

"It's Jake…sweet Jesus…why him…" Frank said angrily.

"Are you alright?" asked Tom "Come on we have to get out of here"

Suddenly Frank remembered Alex and hurried into the other room. She had come round and was sobbing into the cushion. He sat beside her and pulled her into his arms.

"Shh…there is nothing we can do for him. I know this seems hard but we have to get out of here…now!" he said.

She gathered herself together as professionally as she could and with Franks support for a few seconds, hurried out of the door with him and Tom. They were just about to get into the car when Jason came out of the bushes. Tom saw him first and fired the shotgun.

"RUN…GET OUT OF HERE" he shouted.

The other two were already in the car and starting the car up, drove at full speed to where Tom was trying to fend off Jason. Frank jumped out of the car and picking up a piece of wood, swung it at Jason hard, knocking him off balance. In those split seconds, they tried to get into the car but Jason threw the machete at it and it went straight through the radiator.

"Quick, RUN" shouted Tom.

Frank pulled Alex and they all ran round the other side of the cabin and down the path that led to the boathouse, next to the lake. Getting inside, they locked the doors and kept as quiet as they
could. Both Frank and Alex had been in some horrendous situations but nothing compared to this. They were the only ones still alive and being hunted by a creature that nothing seemed to be able to stop.

"Now what do we do?" Alex asked.

"Somehow we have to find a way to destroy this thing" Frank replied looking around.

He saw a lot of large hooks and nasty looking equipment hanging from the ceiling of the boathouse. Asking what they were doing there at a vacation place Tom explained.

"Many years ago, this area was plantation, most of these things are relics from the past and hung there for show. What have you got in mind?" he asked.

"We have to lure him in here, someone as bait while the other two get him first. There must be something here that will kill him" said Frank.

Climbing up a pair of stepladders, Tom passed some of the things down. A large scythe, two massive hooks on chains and a couple of large knives about three foot long. Working out a plan, they got ready for Jason who they knew was on his way there.

"You and Tom stay hidden, while I stay here and wait for him" said Frank.

"Why you Frank, it would be better if you used these things and I was the bait. Anyway, I want to, I couldn't bear it if you got killed as well" replied Alex.

"Tough Alex, this is one time when you will do what you are told. Tom take her over there….now" said Frank.

They heard the heavy footsteps of Jason as he approached the boathouse. Alex didn't like being told what to do in that manner but understood why. She held the scythe ready to swing it at Jason, while Tom stood on some crates holding one of the large knives.

Suddenly the doors caved in and Jason stood there, lightening flashing behind him. Frank shouted at him and fired his gun, knowing that it wouldn't stop him but using it to get his attention, which it
did.

Jason strode forward and grabbed the gun with one hand while sending him through the air with the other. Frank lay there for a moment, stunned, blood running down his face. Before he could get up, Jason drew the machete from his belt and swung it through the air, slicing into Franks arm. He yelled as the pain shot through him. Then he heard other voices.

Alex and Tom had jumped down and were taunting Jason, trying to get him away from Frank. The big man turned and raced after the nearest person which was Alex and grabbed the scythe from her hands and it landed across the boathouse. Then he grabbed her by the throat, ready to kill her when he was hit from behind by the large hook. Dropping her, he swung round to face Tom.

A battle commenced with him trying to catch them so he could kill them, but they managed to dodge him long enough for Alex to slice across the back of his legs with the scythe. As he fell to the floor, Tom picked up the large knife and ran it through the mans chest. Even then Jason tried to get up and pull the knife from him, it didn't look like he was going to `die'

"It isn't going to work" shouted Tom.

"Oh yes it will" Alex shouted back.

She had climbed up and grabbed a three prong fork with razor sharp prongs and thrust it into Jasons back as he sat there trying to pull the knife out. A blood curdling scream echoed round the hills. Not the sort that a man would utter but a scream that sounded like a cross between an animal and a human.

Jason wriggled and squirmed on the floor, trying to get both things out of him, not being able to. Then Tom took the machete and plunged it into the mans chest as well. Jason grabbed him and tried to strangle him even though he should have been dead.

Alex picked up the large chain and swung it round, hitting Jason across the back of the head. He let go of Tom who scurried quickly out of his reach, holding his throat. This time Jason did not move.

It was then that they remembered Frank and Tom crawled over to him. He was unconscious from the loss of blood, it had been a very deep gash through his arm.

"We have to get him to hospital. I'll get some men down here to take Jason back to the morgue and put a 24 hour guard on him till we can deal with him" said Tom.

He got up and hurried out of the boathouse and back to the car. At least the radio should still work. They had used the police car instead of the one Alex had been using luckily. Alex slowly edged her way past Jason, sure that he was going to jump up and grab her even now.

Reaching Frank she pulled him into her arms, praying that he wasn't going to die like the others had. Tom had wrapped his arm up tightly to stop any more bleeding. Just then the man came back in and told her that his colleagues were on their way as well as an ambulance.

"The storm has stopped and the rain. How is he?" he asked.

"Not good but I think he'll live" she said.

Late the next morning, Frank woke up in a brightly lit room, with Alex and Tom looking down at him.

"Where am I? What happened, where's Jason?" he asked.

"You're in hospital, you lost quite a bit of blood back there. Jason – he is `dead' I hope and at this moment, in the morgue" said Tom.

"And the others?"

"They have been found, scattered around the camp and brought back here, including your colleague – I'm sorry we couldn't have stopped this sooner"

"You've stopped it before only to have it start again. This time it will be for good, I swear" said Frank.

He started to get out of bed but Alex stopped him.

"You have to stay here Frank, at least for a few hours. You're not strong enough yet, we'll deal with Jason" said Alex.

He wouldn't have it and demanded that his clothes were brought to him so that he could get dressed. Alex knew there was nothing she could say to stop him but made him promise that he was sit down as much as possible and let them do the work. Frank agreed, at least for the time being.

"I want to see Jason" he said.

"I'll take you down there" said Tom "Alex we'll meet you back at the police station in an hour okay, you know what you have to do"

"Right, see you in a while Frank and take it easy – please" she said.

"What is she going to do?" asked Frank.

Tom told him that all would be explained later. There had plenty of time now that Jason was in the morgue. As they reached the place, Tom told the guard to unlock the door. Inside were two more police with heavy rifles, just in case. On the steel table was a body covered in a sheet and with straps tightly fastened around him.

"You aren't taking any chances this time are you?" said Frank.

"No way…hey are you okay?" he asked.

Frank felt dizzy and Tom grabbed a chair for him to sit on, moaning at him for getting out of bed too soon. Once the dizziness wore off, Frank stood up and walked over to the table. He pulled the sheet back from Jasons face. The mask was still in place and taking a deep breath, Frank lifted it off him with his one good hand. What he saw made him gasp and turn away for a moment.

The `face' of Jason was twisted in a grotesque mask, like a monster that you would see in a horror movie. It didn't look human in the slightest. Tom saw the look on the mans face.

"Now you understand my friend, when I said he was evil personified" said Tom.

Frank nodded and covered the `creature' up again and they went out of the hospital to the police station where Alex would be waiting for them. He was still feeling groggy and his arm was hurting but he was determined to see this through, if only for Jake and the others sake. There was no way this `creature' was ever going to kill again.

"How did you get on Alex?" asked Tom.

"Well, I got in touch with Cody and he has arranged for a lorry full of the best and strongest concrete to be delivered here tomorrow morning from Chicago. No questions asked. There is an empty underground vault in the cemetery that used to belong to a local family about 200 years ago but hasn't been used for the last 60 years. I have acquired permission to use it. The coffins that are in there at the moment – four I believe – are being moved at this moment to another resting place" said said.

"So what is the plan?" asked Frank

He was sitting in the chair drinking a coffee to try and stop himself passing out, he really should have stayed in the hospital a bit longer but he kept it to himself for the moment.

"While you were being seen to at the hospital, I arranged for a solid lead coffin to be brought to the morgue tomorrow morning, where the body of Jason will be put into it and then it will be sealed. Then it will be taken to the cemetery where Alex has secured this vault. It will be placed inside and then we will use the idea that Jake had and tons of concrete will be pumped into the vault and sealed for ever" Tom told him "Now I have also arranged for you to stay at my home
tonight and as there is nothing else to do, at least as far as you two are concerned, here are the keys, go and rest. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow"

Alex took the keys and despite protesting, Frank was persuaded to go back with her and rest. He wanted to be there and sort out the paperwork etc for the people that were killed by Jason including Jake. But Tom said he would deal with all of it except Jakes final details, that he would leave to Frank. Once they got back to the house, Alex made Frank lay down in the bedroom while she got him something to eat.

"Alex…thanks and I'm sorry about Jake, he was a good man, stubborn, a pain in the arse sometimes but a good man" said Frank.

"I know, I'm going to miss him being around the place. Right get some rest I'll be back in a while" she said.

Frank was asleep within minutes and Alex whipped up some beans on toast with coffee. She didn't want much and didn't think Frank would either but at least it was something. She was tired as well but knew she wouldn't sleep much at the moment although she had got a couple of hours while they worked on Franks arm at the hospital.

Balancing the tray, she opened the bedroom door and went in. Putting it down on the dressing table, she looked at Frank. He was asleep but was tossing and turning. He must have heard her come in but it mingled with what he was dreaming about and he jumped up in the bed, breathing hard, sweat gathering on his face. Alex sat beside him.

"It's okay Frank, you were dreaming, here drink this"

He took the coffee she gave him and apologized for scaring her.

"All I could see was that head in the shower and Jake, then Jason coming was coming at me, God, it was horrible" he told her.

She put her arm round him, something she had never done before but knew he needed it at this moment. She felt him relax against her and they sat there like there in silence for a few moments.

By the next morning, early, he was feeling a lot better although his arm was still throbbing. They arrived at the cemetery where Tom and the hearse containing Jason was waiting.

"How are you this morning, did you sleep okay?" Tom asked.

"I feel a lot better and thank you, I slept reasonably well. What is happening?" Frank asked him.

"Well Jason is in the lead coffin and we are just waiting for the concrete. Two of my men are drilling a hole in the top of the vault so that the stuff can be poured straight in. Ah…here it comes" he said.

Looking down the road they saw a cement lorry pull into the cemetery and drive up to where they were standing. Alex and Frank got a shock when the driver got out, it was Cody.

"I've always wanted to drive one of these and I had to come down here because of Jake" he said.

"Thank you Cody" said Frank "Glad to see you"

An hour later the hole was drilled and it took six men to carry the coffin into the vault and put it down. Making sure that it was still sealed, Tom had the doors closed, locked and bolted.

"Right, bring the lorry as close as you can and attach the pipe, then place it in the hole that we drilled and keep filling till there is none of that stuff left" said Tom.

They watched as the lorry pumped concrete into the vault. From a small hole drilled in the door, Tom and the others took it in turn to watch the concrete cover the coffin containing Jason. Two hours later it was complete and the lorry was driven away by one of the other officers.

"It's over Tom, there is no way he is going to get out of there, ever" said Frank.

"No thank God – thank you for all you have done and I have arranged for you to take Jakes body back with you. I am so sorry he….well you know"

"Thanks Tom, look we are leaving now. I hope you understand, I don't want to go back to that place again" said Frank.

Tom said he did and they said their farewells. Jakes body was in a hearse waiting outside the cemetery and would follow their car back to Chicago. As they left Tom made sure all was finished at the vault and then the men made their way back to town. There was a lot of clearing up to do and people to inform that their loved ones had been murdered.

Back in Chicago, they arranged for Jake to be buried in two days time. There was no-one to inform as he had no family. His body would lay in the chapel of rest till that day.

On the morning of the funeral, they met in the office to journey to the cemetery together. They were having a drink in his memory when the phone rang. Frank answered it. His face turned pale and the receiver fell from his hand.


"Frank…what is it…what's wrong?" asked Alex rushing to his side.

"We have to get down to the chapel of rest…immediately" he told her.

He wouldn't say why but rushed out of the office with the others close on his heels. As they reached the chapel of rest, they found police cars all over the place. They got out of the car and made their way inside.

"Frank, I am glad you came, I wanted you to see this before anyone else" said one of the officers.

"What happened?" asked Frank.

"We don't know yet. One of the men who work here arrived first thing this morning and found the place like this, he is under sedation at the moment"

The four friends and colleagues walked into the building and looked around opened mouthed at the sight. Blood everywhere, the place a mess and the coffin which Jake had been in empty.

"How many are dead?" asked Frank

"Four, the two owners and two workmen. If that wasn't bad enough and the reason we asked you down here was because the body of Jake has gone" said the officer.

"What's going on Frank?" asked Alex "Where is Jake?"

Frank turned to them and then took out his mobile phone. His face was pale, drained of color as he spoke.

"Back at the cemetery, sealed in that vault. Somehow we have brought Jason back to Chicago" he said

"Oh my God" gasped Alex as Frank walked out of the room.

"Hello, Tom, it's Frank…look I have some alarming news………"


end

ardethsmistress@hotmail.com