Title: Sibling Rivalry and A Mother's Heart

Author: TexasAres2

Feedback the Author: texasaries2@yahoo.com

Series: Christmas and Hanukkah Honeymoon

Companion Piece to: "Honeymoon Reunion" and "A Father's Heart"

Copyright: 28 November 2001

Pairing: Johnny, Myron and Zeke

Rating: PG - Slash

Archive: YES Please.

Feedback: Please, but be gentle.

Warnings: language, sexual male situations implied.

Disclaimer: Tour of Duty and its characters are the property of Zev Braun Productions and New Line. These stories are for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended.

Notes: This is my third fan fic that I have every written so please be gentle. Also there are two people that I want to thank MajorBrat (Kristy) and SethraL for their encouragement and MajorBrat for her hard work in Beta Reading this fic for me. THANKS. This fic takes place after the last episode of Tour of Duty in December of 1970. In this fic Johnny re-enlisted in the army as a flight instructor trying to kill time till the other two get home from their tour. I have estimated Myron's age to be about 25, Zeke's to be 33, and Johnny's to be 25 as well.

Summary: Holiday Challenge: Johnny Goes home to tell his family about Myron and Zeke

 

SIBLING RIVALRY AND A MOTHER’S HEART

By TexasAres 2

The man stood in the softly falling snow looking up at a beautiful redbrick brownstone home trimmed with fluffy white drifts. The soft glow of welcome was reflected in the windows and beamed out into the twilight of the evening like a lighthouse guiding loved ones home. He was a tall, muscular man in his mid to early thirties with a dangerous military bearing that would have people avoiding him if it were not for the happiness and excitement twinkling in his friendly, blue eyes. His large, strong hands were loaded down with bags containing food and gifts as he paused to rest before crossing the street to the home waiting for him.

*

Zeke took a deep breath, smelling the crispness of the evening and enjoying the last lingering rays of the winter sunset. Never had he felt so free nor so happy in his life except for a few wonderful memories created by his lovers and the birth of his daughter. His grin grew wider as he remembered two nights ago when Johnny surprised them at the airport and the wonderfully cherished night of loving that occurred. The beauty of the moment as Myron, Johnny and he became one in love and trust was burned into his heart, mind and soul for all eternity. His lovers, his mates and the other half of his mind, soul, and heart; without them he was less than himself. He was an empty shell of a man without purpose, like a boat that has lost it mast and rudder.

Zeke thought back to the first time he meeting had met these two lodestones that changed the course of his life. He remembered the first moment when he met Myron. He had wanted to beat some sense into the cocky little bastard. There seemed to be not one single spark of humanity from his new LT and he started the countdown to rotation. Then it all changed when they went after Taylor in those fucking tunnels and how Zeke almost died. He never told anyone about it. How could he explain what happened unless they had also come back from death? It was peaceful; no pain, no sorrow and no sound, just pure peace and love. He was ready to go and nothing seemed to anchor him to this mortal plane. He watched as the boy L.T. frantically dug his body out of the dirt and started mouth-to-mouth. But when the light appeared, he turned away from Myron to go into the light. Suddenly, he was frozen into place by a heartbreaking, heart-wrenching cry that broke through the silence. That cry anchored him and made him turn towards Myron. It was the first time he truly saw the spirit and soul that was contained in that body. What he saw was so breathtakingly beautiful that it still made him gasp, for it was an angel that was crying out to him and he had no choice but to go back. That was the moment his soul fell in love with Myron.

No one ever asked what it was like coming back from the dead, how things now seemed different or how sometimes there were flashes that allowed him to see to the spirit and soul of a person. When he met Johnny, he saw beneath the cocky, arrogant pilot and saw a man with a large heart and a need to be loved and desired. Myron and Johnny were different sides of the same coin, both of them searching for love but not finding it. Both lonely. Sparks flew every time they came near each other. Most people thought there was something between them but, for Zeke, he understood the real reason. That first look of want and desire that flared in Johnny’s green eyes was directed totally at Zeke.

He had been caught and pulled between the two L.T.s, both trying to get his attention. They fought tooth and nail, neither totally understanding why. Zeke was just as confused as they were, torn between the two of them not understanding. When he finally came to terms with his feelings, he couldn’t choose one or the other. Then fate, destiny or the pure luck of twelve bottles of Crown Royal whiskey brought them together.

Taking a deep breath and checking both ways Zeke crossed the street to where his heart and soul waited for him.

*

Johnny watched as Zeke crossed the street from the bedroom window and smiled. Zeke was like a big kid, so excided about their first Christmas together that it was infectious. Johnny hadn’t felt this excited about Christmas since he was five, the last Christmas with his dad. After that, Christmas wasn’t the same for him. He could care less about the holiday, but now … that had changed. All due to the big kid coming home. The other four men in the household had caught the same wonderment. Even though Martin and Myron were Jewish, they looked on with fascination as the other three prepared for Christmas. This fascination wasn’t all two-sided, the other three men were just as curious about Hanukkah and wanted to know more about this holiday that was so important to the other two. This fascination resulted in the combination of the two holidays that was reflected in the house. Now, there was a Christmas tree that shared the window with the Menorah, stockings were hung on the fireplace and presents under the tree.

Turning, Johnny hurried down the stairs to take part in the lighting of the Menorah with the men he considered family. This was the second night of the Hebrew Festival of Lights and he was looking forward to taking part in this very special tradition. Myron explained to both Zeke and him about this very special holiday. It all started when the Ptolemaic Empire of Egypt and the Selucid Empire of Syria fought to gain control of Judea. The Selucids won. Judea was ruled by the Syrian king Antiochus IV who did not allow the Jews to freely worship one God but demanded that everyone bow down to the many idols of Greek religion.

A strong-willed old priest named Mattathias grew increasingly outraged with the Syrian dictate. He stirred up the passions of his people, urging them to fight against the religious oppression. With his five sons and a band of Jewish settlers - mostly farmers and shepherds - Mattathias fled the town of Modin, outside Jerusalem, and gathered the 'troops' in the Judean Hills. Here, Mattathias' son, Judah the Maccabee "The Hammer" took over as leader of the small army and led the men in guerrilla warfare against the Syrian army.

Judah's brilliance as a fighter and commander cannot be overlooked. Against all odds, and after many battles, the Jews gained victory over the Syrian soldiers.

When the Maccabees and their army returned to Jerusalem they found their Temple in ruins. They scrubbed, cleaned and put it to order again. On the 25th day of Kislev, Judah called the people together to re-dedicate the Temple.

When it came time to re-light the Menorah only one small jar of oil that had not been defiled by the Greeks could be found within the entire Temple. It would take an eight-day round trip journey to obtain new pure oil. But the high Priest, determined to rededicate the Temple even if the menorah could be kindled for only one day, lit the menorah. The next day, to everyone's amazement, the menorah was miraculously still lit. The oil burned for eight days, until a new supply of oil could be brought. The community rejoiced, thanking God for his favor.

To honor this occasion and the spirit of free thought, Jews around the world have celebrated Hanukkah every year. Both Zeke and Johnny were touched by the story, the dedication and belief that the Maccabee shown in their fight for freedom, which was totally unlike the war, correction "Police Action", they just came home from.

Johnny arrived just before Myron and Martin started the lighting ceremony and was given a quick hug by Zeke before everyone turned to watch as father and son started this most sacred ceremony. Martin and Myron faced the Menorah, while Myron picked up a candle and inserted it in the second holder on the right of the Menorah. Martin then picked up another candle lighting it. Then both father and son lit both candles, moving left to right they recited the traditional blessings.

Baruch ata Adonai,

Eloheinu melech ha'olam

Asher kid'shanu b'mitzvotav,

V'tsivanu, L'hadlik ner shel Chanukah.

(Praised are you, Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, who has sanctified our lives through His commandments, commanding us to kindle the Hanukkah lights.)

Baruch ata Adonai,

Eloheinu melech ha'olam

she'asa nisim la'avoteinu

b'yamim ha'heym b'zman hazeh.

(Praised are you, Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, who performed miracles for our ancestors, in those days, in this season.)

*

The bedroom was drenched in slivery moonlight, bathing the skin of the three men entwined on the bed in an ethereal glow. The shadows of the tree branches swayed and danced across the ceiling as Zeke lay, slowly and gently caressing Myron’s shoulder in a circular pattern and holding Johnny close to his body. In keeping with the mood of the room he quietly asked, "Myron, were you serious?"

Myron had his eyes closed as he relaxed in his lover’s arms, enjoying the soft caress and answered sleepily. "Serious about what?"

Not stopping his simple caress, he turned to look down at his sleepy lover. "About buying a resort for us to run."

Myron turned in Zeke’s arms so that he could gaze down at Zeke, searching his moonlit face and eyes to see what he was thinking. "Yes, I guess so. Why?"

"I think I know someplace that would be perfect for us," replied Zeke looking into his young lover’s eyes trying to gage his reaction to his answer. "Johnny and I were talking this morning about it and we really like the idea of working together to make something for just the three of us."

Johnny propped his body up on his left elbow to look at Myron. "I think it would be great for us, to start over someplace together. Your Dad and David can come with us. Think about it, Myron, being in the city is getting on your nerves as well as ours. Blame it on being out in the bush or the war, whatever, but none us of are comfortable in crowds anymore."

"I know of a place in Lake Tahoe. It has skiing in the winter, camping, boating and fishing in the summer. This place will be perfect for us and with being so close to LA your father will have the best and latest procedures for cancer in the country available to him. Johnny could even start an air charter service, you could teach, and I can run the resort with Johnny’s and your help … Hell your Dad and David might like to stay and help out." Neither Johnny nor Zeke realized but they had all their hopes and dreams shining out of their eyes. Myron couldn’t say no even if he wanted to and he didn’t. Myron wanted this as much as his two lovers did. While he was sleeping (trying to get over the shock) he dreamt about them owning a resort. Dreams of skinny dipping in a moonlit lake, making passionate love under sweeping pines, and watching their laughing children as they played in the lake under their watchful gaze. This is what he wanted as much as his lovers.

Johnny and Zeke caught their breath as they watch as a smile so full of happiness and love appeared on Myron’s face. "Yes … Oh yes…" was Myron’s answer as he swept down to cover Zeke’s mouth, putting all his joy into the kiss. Then, Myron broke away to grab Johnny and bestowed another kiss just as passionate on his other lover as he had given Zeke.

Grinning at his two lovers Zeke replied, "I take that was a yes?"

"YES!" was Myron’s reply as he embraced his two lovers. The three men simply held each other, enjoying the intimacy that moment gave them. They were all filled with dreams of the future: the three of them working and living together creating the home and to the family all three wanted and needed.

Johnny knew that there was one … no, two things to do before they could start their lives together and say good-bye to their past. The first was that he had to tell his brother, sisters and his mother about Myron and Zeke. The second was Zeke actually confronting his father. While Zeke and Myron went back to the lawyers to work out the details of the trust funds, he called in a few favors to get a flight to Gary, Indiana for the three of them. They would leave around 11:00 am and arrive, around 2:00 pm tomorrow, then catching a return flight the next day at 1:00 pm to be back on December 23rd. Taking a deep breath Johnny said, "Listen guys, I would like you two to come with me to Gary, Indiana to meet my family before they find out through the rumor mill about you. If they can’t or won’t accept us, then I’d rather know now instead of later."

"If you’re sure, Johnny, then Zeke and I would be happy to go with you," whispered Myron as he gently cupped Johnny’s face, trying to give him his strength and courage though simple touch. He knew that tomorrow could bring heartbreak to this man that he loved.

Zeke gently nuzzled Johnny’s forehead and said, "Just remember that Myron and me will be there for you and that we love you no matter what."

"I know," was Johnny’s whispered response.

*

The sun blazed white in a clear blue sky, sending rays of blinding light to glitter off the freshly fallen snow. The street was typical of any small town in the States with cars parked in driveways. Children and a few adults were playing in the snow in front of brightly decorated houses. The adults' and children’s laughter could be heard up and down the street, reinforcing the image of happiness and family.

A car containing three men pulled up to the curb across from a large two-story white house where five children played in the snow. The children ranged from six to ten years of age, but as to the sex of each child nothing could be determined. Every part of the children’s bodies were covered, from the tops of their heads to the tips of their toes against the winter chill.

The man driving the car looked out at the house eyes covered with sunglass to cut the glare off the snow. He was a handsome man with a strong chin, a firm mouth that was used for laughing, a long, slender nose and dark short hair. He was in his mid-twenties, clean-shaven and cut. This was unusual because most young men his age sported long hair and some type of facial hair. He was simply dressed in a heavy blue coat with a gray turtleneck sweater displayed though the V-neck of the jacket. This made it hard to tell what the man did for a living. He could be a university kid home for the holidays or a young solider on leave from the army.

The man seated in the passenger side of the car was a different matter. He was in his early to mid thirties and with short black hair, friendly blue eyes currently squinting against the glare from the snow, and a strong handsome face. There was no mistaking the fact that this man’s whole body screamed military. His eyes constantly scanned the area, looking for any hidden danger but also watching the man next to him. Concern and worry were clearly shown in his face. He too was dressed simply in a black coat and white sweater.

The third man sat in the back on the driver side. He, like the driver, was in his mid to late twenties but was thinner, leaner with dark glasses hiding his eyes. Many people would say he had the face of a poet, an angel, but an argument could also be made that he had a face made for sin. He too scanned the surrounding area but constantly returned to the driver, worry clearly etched on his beautiful tan face. He was dressed as simply as his companions in a black coat and turtleneck sweater. He leaned forward to place a hand on the driver’s shoulder and gently squeezed it. "We don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. We play it however you want, Johnny."

Zeke leaned closer to touch Johnny on the thigh, "It don’t mean nothing, remember that."

"I know, Zeke, it’s just hard … this might be the last time I see them…" whispered Johnny, his eyes and voice clouded with sadness and dread.

"Johnny, you don’t have to tell them anything. Just tell them that we’re friends, home from our tour and you want us to celebrate with you. You don’t have to do it now," reasoned Myron, trying to give Johnny the opportunity to change his mind.

"NO! I’m proud of you both and I want them to know. This has to be done so we can make a clean start without anything from our past holding us back," replied Johnny, determination clear in his voice. Taking a deep breath he open the door and glanced quickly at the two men, "Well, are you coming or not?"

"You're sure about this, Johnny?" asked Zeke as he exited the car.

"Yep!" was the only reply.

As the three men crossed the street carrying Christmas presents in their arms, one of the children looked up from building a snowman. Recognizing the man in the lead he screamed, "Uncle Johnny, GRANDMA! It’s Uncle Johnny, he’s home." He then launched himself at his uncle who laughing picked up the young boy to swing around and around before setting him back down on the ground.

"Well, Michael, you have grown since the last time I saw you. Pretty soon I’ll have to start looking up to you," grinned Johnny as he squatted by his nephew.

"Uncle Johnny, are you home to stay?" asked the little boy who could only be about seven as he looked adoringly at his young uncle. The other children came running to surround the three men, each giving and receiving a hug from their favorite uncle.

One little girl that could only be four or five years old tugged gently on Zeke’s leg to get his attention, "Mister, are those presents for us?"

Zeke squatted down near the little child, his eyes twinkling and grinning from ear-to-ear. He replied, "Well… little darlin’ I do believe there is one, but I have to know your name first to be really sure."

The little girl flashed a dimpled smile at the strange man with her uncle, but liking him on the spot, especially his funny way of speaking, "My name is Maria McKay. What’s yours?"

"Well darlin’, my name is Clayton Ezekiel Anderson but you can call me Zeke, OK?" replied Zeke, taking a great deal of delight at this adorable little girl that reminded him so much of Katie.

Before any of the children could question the men, the door flew open to allow an older but beautiful woman in her late fifties to exit the house. There was no doubt that this was Johnny’s mother, with son and mother sharing similar features. She just looked at her baby, her happiness shining from her eyes as she ran to her missing child and cried, "Johnny … JOHNNY!" Johnny clasped his mother in his arms, just holding her and enjoying being in his mother’s arms once more.

They broke apart after a few moments with her cupping her son’s face reinforcing the fact that her baby was home safe and sound. Looking deep into her son’s eyes she notice the haunting pain of what he had seen and done in Nam but along with that pain there was another look. Her son was in love, deeply in love and was happy beyond belief. Leaning close to her son she whispered, "I’m happy for you son. You must bring her here to meet us next time." Then turning and ushering the three men into the warm house where the children had disappeared to at her appearance and missed the look of dread in her child’s eyes.

Myron and Zeke placed the presents under the tree as Johnny’s mother fussed over Johnny and them by gathering their coats and hanging them in the hall closet. Johnny wrapped a loose arm around his mother’s shoulders and introduced Myron and Zeke to her. Katharine McKay had the same green eyes full of mischief as her son, same dark hair but peppered with white and same high cheekbones and nose. She was tiny compared to her six foot two son only coming up to Johnny’s shoulder but there was a strength about her that spoke of hardship and determination to ensure that her children were well cared for that went beyond her size.

Katharine liked what she saw in her son’s friends, both strong and capable men who cared a great deal about her son. When she found out that Myron was the one to talk to her on her birthday when her son was missing and was responsible for organizing the search to find her baby, she just had to hug him. Myron caught unawares by the hug blushed adorably and trying but failing miserably to extract himself from the situation.

The afternoon passed in a pleasant manner with Johnny’s mother regaling Myron and Zeke with stories of Johnny’s childhood and escapades, which resulted in the digging out of the old family picture albums. As with all parents the world over the embarrassing naked pictures were also taken out and proudly displayed by said parents while the grown up version of the children in the pictures wished that the floor would open up and swallow them whole. Zeke and Myron kept shooting amusing glances at their flushed embarrassed lover who was trying to stop his mother from showing any more, but was totally in vain.

He was spared any further embarrassment by the timely arrival of the rest of the McKay clan who were quickly introduced by Johnny. Johnny’s oldest sister was Rose who was married to Christopher O’Rourke and had three children Maureen, Michael, and Danny. Johnny’s other sister was named Kelly and she was married to Daniel O’Connor. Their son was named David and they were expecting their second child some time in June. The third sibling was Michael McKay who was married to a charming woman by the name of Teresa and they also had one child by the name of Maria. Turns out that both Rose and Kelly lived fairly close to their mother so that could keep an eye on her, while Michael and his family lived in Diamond Bar, California and could only come once a year to see everyone. Happy to have her brood back home safe and sound but a little disappointed when Johnny told her that they couldn't spend the night and had to return to New York tomorrow afternoon, but understood when Myron told her about his dad.

The men were exiled to the living room and the children to the outdoors by the woman of the McKay clan while they prepared dinner. The men grabbed a few beers and turned on the football game as they talked of what had been happening in the US while the Zeke and Myron were in Nam. For both Zeke and Myron this was like a pleasant dream to sit and relax enjoying the company of men and not have to worry that tomorrow one of them could be dead in the bush. Naturally, the conversation turned to how the three of them met, what they did over in Nam, and what they planned on doing now they were home. Johnny, Zeke, and Myron tried to keep the conversation light as they talked about Nam not wanting to ruin the evening by talking of the darker aspects of war. To change the subject Johnny told his family about Zeke, Myron, and his plans on purchasing a resort out at Lake Tahoe. This got the other three men excited and wanted to make plans to come out to hunt in the fall.

Michael was the only one to notice the reaction of the other three men at that suggestion. A flash of pain, fear or both ... crossed his brother's face and the comforting touches bestowed by Zeke and Myron to help calm him. He knew his brother too well and something was definitely wrong and with the door open he finally noticed how the two men seemed to hover over Johnny as to protect him. Something had his baby bro scared and Michael was going to find out what it was and put a stop to it he hoped both Zeke and Myron would tell him what was wrong.

He watched the three men the rest of the afternoon trying to find out why his brother seem to be pulling away from his family and staying close to the other two men. Nothing made sense but on returning from getting another beer he noticed his brother and Myron had disappeared so he went looking for them. Michael figured that maybe he could get Johnny and Myron to open up and tell him what was wrong now that they were away from everyone else, but he didn't expected what he found. Hear voices from Johnny's old room he paused at the partially closed door hoping to overhear something that would give him an idea of what had his brother scared.

Hearing nothing he took a quick peeking into the room and froze for Myron and Johnny were locked in a passionate kiss. Michael quickly hurried away and locked himself in the bathroom. His baby brother was kissing and being kissed by another man. His baby brother was a FAG! A QUEER! A HOMO! Michael slowly slid down the door till he was sitting on the floor placing his head in his hands he started to cry for himself, for Johnny, for their mother.

Michael's mind keep replaying the scene over and over in his mind trying to figure out some other explanation of what happening in the bedroom, but knowing there was none. Could it be all Myron's fault? Could he be blackmailing Johnny into doing this? No ... for the passion he witnessed was mutual and real plus the fact that Myron hovered protectively over Johnny all day spoke of the depth of feeling between the two men. Could that be it? Could they be here to tell the family about them, but why was Zeke here? NO! No ... it can't be, but why else would they be here together unless all three of them. SHIT! It made sense the way they sat near each other, the concerned looks, even the plans for the resort. Oh GOD! His brother was in love with not one but two men and was planning to spend the rest of his life with them.

Michael knew his brother, and he knew that this was it for Johnny for once Johnny gave someone his heart there would never be anyone else. Could he accept this about Johnny and all that it means? If not then could he accept that his baby brother would be out of his life forever? NO! He didn't want that so that meant that he had to accept everything or risk losing Johnny forever, but first he had to know if Zeke and Myron were worthy of Johnny. Did they truly understand what this would do to Johnny?

He knew that Kelly and Rose would cut Johnny out of their lives without thinking twice about it. Michael loved his sisters but they were very close-minded and their husbands weren't any better. Their reaction on finding out that Teresa had a gay brother was not pleasant. He knew that Teresa would accept them, but their Mom. OH GOD! This would hurt her terribly and with his sisters here they would try to turn her away, but Johnny was her baby and hopefully that and his support of Johnny would sway the balance to Johnny. It would take time, but it would be worth it.

Michael pulled himself off the floor and washed his face trying to pull himself together to find out more about these two men that his brother was willing to risk everything for. Looking at himself in the mirror he straightened his clothing and settling a determined look on his face he turned and went in search of Zeke and Myron.

It turns out he didn't have far to search since both men were in the living room with Johnny. Figuring he need an excuse to get the two men alone he checked to see if his mother needed anything from the store. Finding that she was low on milk he offered to go and get some. Pausing at the living room doorway he invited Zeke and Myron to go with him, but made the invitation more of a command that a request. Zeke simply looked puzzled, but Myron and Johnny paled as they realized that Michael might have seen them. He couldn't bear the look of fear and panic in Johnny's eyes so Michael told him, "It's all right."

Zeke and Myron got in the car both unsure what Michael wanted with them. Nothing was said on the way to the store, but on the way back Michael pulled the car over and parked. Turning sideways to watch both men's reactions he told them, "I know about you both and Johnny. What I want to know is if you love him?" The shock and uneasiness was easily recognizable on both their faces, but was quickly replaced by determination.

Zeke's eyes lost their friendliness and became the eyes of a warrior about to do battle for the ones he loved. Locking gazes with Michael, Zeke told him, "We both love him and we're not going to give him up." Michael looked long and hard in Zeke's eyes and was satisfied with what he saw there.

Michael then turned his gaze to Myron silently asking the same question of him that he asked Zeke. Gone was the shy young man he met and in his place stood a young man with the eyes of an old warrior, just as determined to protect what was his. Never breaking eye contact, Myron leaned forward and told Michael, "Johnny and Zeke are the only ones who I love and I will fight to the death to protect them. I don't know what your plan is, but we will kill to protect him even from his own family." Searching Myron's face and eyes Michael sighed for both men loved Johnny as much as they loved him. No more and no less.

"Good. Johnny is my only brother and I wanted to make sure that you both are worthy of him." Pausing to offer the first friendly smile since the three of them got into the car he continued, "Look, ... I can tell you what will happen. Our sisters will cut him totally out of their lives and you better be prepared to take on Daniel and Chris when you tell them. " Zeke and Myron nodded slightly in understanding. Michael closed his eyes and tried to figure out how their mother will react to the news, but there was no sure fire outcome. Opening his eyes he continued, but both his eyes and voice were filled with his confusion and doubts, "Mom ... I don't know how she will react, but she will be in shock. The best thing is to get Johnny out of the house as soon as possible and leave Mom with me. I will try to help her come to terms with it but I can't promise anything." Michael figured that he should let them know where he and Teresa stand so he told them, "Teresa 's brother is gay, so we understand how hard it will be for all of you, but know that both Teresa and myself are in your corner. I'm not saying I understand or wish Johnny wasn't gay but I love my brother and if is this the way he is then I have to accept him and you both if I want him in my life."

Michael then extended his hand first to Zeke and then to Myron shaking both men's hands and welcoming them into the McKay clan.

*

As Michael predicted things went to hell in a hand basket after Johnny told his family. Chris got off a lucky punch at Johnny, but that was all before Zeke and Myron stepped in to protect Johnny who was nursing a bloody lip. From there it went downhill, voices were raised, Johnny’s sisters called him every dirty name Johnny retaliated, things were thrown and the sisters then attacked Johnny. Zeke had enough and was not about to let anything more happen to his two lovers. The Sarge stepped forward and snarled, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Everyone froze for here was a man no one wanted to mess with. Chris and Daniel grabbed and restrained their wives both fearing the look in this man’s eyes. Myron gathered Johnny up and was pulling him to the hallway to get their coats to leave. Rose snarled and tried to kick Myron as he passed her but was confronted by a very pissed off Zeke who locked gazes with her. His look was very direct and to the point. SHE was the enemy and if you are the enemy then you died.

Zeke seeing that he had cowered Rose then turned to Johnny’s mother who sat in total shock on the couch. Squatting down so that he could gain eye contact he put all the love he had for Johnny in his eyes for her to read. "Katharine, I know this is a shock for you, but please know that Myron and I both love Johnny very much and we would die before we would ever hurt him. Don’t cut him out of your life for that would only hurt the both of you, I know it will take time but try to understand." Zeke then took out Martin and David’s phone number out of his wallet then placing it in the palm of her hand and gently closing her fingers around the small piece of paper. "This is a number that you can reach Johnny. When you're ready call that number any time all right?" Katharine simply nodded her head and Zeke then gently leaned forward to kiss her on the cheek before standing.

Zeke noted that Teresa was kissing both Myron and Johnny good-bye as he walked towards Michael. Zeke simply hold out his hand in thanks to the man for siding with them over his sisters. Michael gladly shook his hand for here was a man he would be proud to call a friend. He gave Zeke an encouraging smile and told him, "I gave Johnny our phone number and address when you three are ready to come to California. I want you three to come and stay with us until you are settled."

Zeke couldn’t help but to like this man and realize he was someone that he could become close friends with replied, "We'll do that. Thanks….Thanks for everything."

He then turned to look at Johnny’s sisters who had hurt his lover with their cruel words and actions and Zeke’s expression hardened with displeasure. Moving with deadly grace he stood in front of the two couples who didn’t move for fear of what he would do. Making eye contact with each person facing him he let his feeling of disgust and anger show through. Snarling in a deadly voice he told them, "Johnny, doesn’t need you. WE don’t need you. I pity you for you have thrown away something very precious. I hope that it will come back and haunt you." Dismissing them he turned took his coat from Teresa who gave him a quick kiss and ushered his lovers out into the night.

*

That night Myron and Zeke had their hands full, for Johnny's emotions swung from righteous anger to black depression with him crying himself to sleep in Myron's arms around 2:00 am. Both Zeke and Myron curled around their distraught lover holding him protectively as they slept.

The next morning the three men were woken by Michael calling, asking to meet him for breakfast downstairs at 10:30. When the three men arrived in the lobby it was to find Teresa, Maria, and Michael waiting with Christmas gifts for the three men. The look of pure joy in Johnny's eyes at seeing at least some of his family was the best Christmas present for all concerned.

Everyone moved towards the restaurant knowing that the three men had a plane to catch at 1 and wanting to spend as much time together before they had to leave to go to the airport. The waitress smiled when she saw the little group and led them to a little out of the way corner so that they could have privacy as they ate and opened presents. The waitress quickly poured coffee and placed a glass of milk in front of Maria and then took everyone's order before leaving the group alone.

Maria looked at her two new Uncles and decided that she wanted the one with the nice eyes and funny voice to hold her. She quietly got down from her chair and walked to her new uncle. She gently tugged at Zeke's sleeve to get his attention who then smiled at the little girl and asked her, "What is it little darlin'?"

Putting on her best puppy dog eyes she asked, "Uncle Zeke, hold me?" The three men looked stunned at the little girl who asked and then at her parents for an explanation. Zeke couldn't resist her little request and gently lifted her up onto his lap where she then promptly put her head on his shoulder and dozed off safe in her Uncle Zeke's arms.

Teresa smiled at the picture of Zeke and her daughter made and told them, "We told her that Myron and Zeke were her new uncles because they are married to her Uncle Johnny." See the confused looks on each of their faces she explained, "I saw the rings yesterday and figured that was what you were even if the laws don't recognize it. So that's what I told her." Johnny reached across the table and lifted his wonderful sister-in-law's hand to kiss it, while Myron leaned sideways to kiss her on the cheek in thanks for her support.

They sat talking quietly about what happened after they left and for the most part it was not very pretty, but for a small ray of hope. Johnny's mother refused to give Rose the piece of paper with Martin's phone number on it. Then when Rose started in on Johnny, Katharine slapped her daughter across the face and asked her to leave. At this point the waitress returned with their order and the conversation turned to more pleasant topics. Myron and Johnny looked on with amusement as Zeke helped to feed Maria who refused to get down out of her favorite uncle's lap. Here was a man that could face down VC without a blink, take on Johnny's enraged sisters without breaking a sweat, but was firmly wrapped around the little finger of a five year old girl.

While Maria was eating she watched her other new uncle trying to decide if she liked him or not. To her, he seemed very sad and she didn't want him to be sad anymore. Squirming so that her Uncle Zeke would set her down on the floor she promptly walked up to Myron and climbed up into his lap and throwing her little arms around his neck she kissed him on the cheek. Myron settled the little girl so that he could look down in her beautiful brown eyes and asked, "What was that for Maria?"

She looked up at him and smiled, "You look sad, Momma says if someone looks sad you should do something to make them happy. Are you happy Uncle Myron?"

"Yes, Maria I'm very happy," replying Myron as he kissed and cuddled his little niece on his lap a silly little grin plastered on his face. " Thank you."

*

The man stood slightly to the right of the gate so that he could be close, but still out of the way of the exiting passengers. He was in his early fifties with short, black hair streaked with gray and his green eyes made a startling contrast to his hair. He wasn't like most men who were in their fifties for his 6'2" plus body was strongly defined with muscles and not an ounce of fat could be seen. His face was mostly unlined except for the laugh lines around his eyes and mouth; a strong square jaw gave his face strength and told of the strong will contained within this man. The slender, proud nose, the sensual lips and strong high cheekbones and forehead spoke of a man who was both intelligent and well bred. Women both young and old looked with appreciation on this man with the demeanor of one who was a born leader, a man of action, someone whose word was law and used to being obeyed with question, but was also a man who was compassionate, gentle, and protective.

David scanned the crowd looking for Johnny, Myron, and Zeke worry stamped clearly on his face and in his eyes. Zeke made a quick phone call to let Martin and him know what happened with Johnny's family the night before and David had been worried ever since. Worry and pride fought hand-to-hand all night within him, for David could only be proud and respect these three men who came out knowing that rejection was the most likely outcome. Worry because it might destroy them or more specifically Johnny. He heard of other young men who were rejected by their families and ended up committing suicide even with the love and support of a lover. David knew that Johnny was strong, but one never knew when or what would break a man and he hoped that the strength of Myron, Zeke, Johnny's brother, Martin and himself would be enough for him to lean upon.

Spotting the three men he called out to Myron to get their attention. David noticed the sadness underlining the exhaustion of the three men coming towards them, but there was also a firmer resolve of commitment flowing between the lovers that was evident with each step they took towards him, the comfort Zeke and Myron gave Johnny through their touch, and by Johnny's willingness to accept that comfort and love. David gave a sigh of relief for instead of the situation tearing them apart it brought them closer together. Hugging each man uncaring what anyone thought happy to have this part of his family back for Christmas. He herded them to the baggage claim area and then out in the wintery night taking them home.

*

Johnny woke alone in bed but knowing that his loves weren't very far. Glancing at the clock and was surprised to see it was half past eleven in the morning. He knew he was tired, but didn't realized how tired he was. Comforted by the warmth of the bed he stretched enjoying the feeling of his muscles as they expanded and contracted, the silky feel of the sheets sliding over bare skin, and wanton caresses of air and light on his naked body. The feeling of being watched made him stop in mid stretch, turning his head towards the doorway, he spotted his two lovers. Love, desire and want burned brightly in Zeke's and Myron's eyes and faces as they gazed upon him made him feel all the more wanton. Completing his stretch and with eyes hooded with desire he lifted his hand in invitation to Zeke and Myron to join him.

To Zeke and Myron, Johnny looked like a creature of myth and legend for Johnny's fair skin seem to glow with a silvery aurora that illuminated his body. Making him appear as translucent as light and air. Green flames of love and desire reached out from hooded eyes that captured theirs and burned down into the core of their beings igniting a burning thirst that could only be quenched by the feel of Johnny's skin and love.

 

 

Zeke closed and locked the door as they stepped into the room. Myron went straight to the side of the bed and paused to look down at Johnny. He was frozen in wonderment of the vision that was laid out before him. Zeke tore off his T-shirt and threw it into a corner quickly followed by pants, underwear and socks. Then moving up softly behind Myron he gently clasped his young lover to his chest and gently kissed the back of Myron's neck, neither man breaking the gaze of the third in the bed. Slowly Zeke pulled Myron's sweater up his body with Zeke gently caressing the exposed bare skin left in the wake of its removal. Tossing the sweater behind them, Zeke ran his hands over Myron's slender and sleek body continuing southward from shoulders to his waist. Where he unbuttoned and unzipped the jeans then with his hands under the waistband of Myron's underwear slowly lowered them over slim hips caressing each piece of exposed skin with reverence until they were pooled around Myron's feet. Myron lifted each foot using Zeke to steady himself but never looking away from Johnny. Johnny had by this time rolled to his side and using his left arm to prop himself in place he reached out and clasped Myron's hand. With a gentle tug Johnny pulled Myron onto the bed and captured Myron's sweet mouth with his. This freed Myron from the stasis that he was in and he returned Johnny's kiss with passion. Zeke crawled along the other side of Johnny as Myron straddled Johnny's body with a wicked grin both posing to pounce when pounding on the door interrupted the proceedings.

Zeke collapsed on the bed groaning in frustration, Myron simply collapsed onto Johnny and started to giggle which got the other two going. Myron called out in a voice breathless from laughter, "Yes, David?"

The knocking by this time had stopped and David's sheepish voice replied, "Sorry to interrupt guys, but Myron the doctor is on the line. Your dad would like you to be with him when he hears the results." The three men hurriedly got out and started to dress before David was finished speaking. Myron the first one done unlocked the door and rushed down the stairs followed quickly by Zeke and Johnny.

Martin and David gave the three young men a sheepish grin taking in their rumpled clothing and tossed hair and putting two and two together to get whoopee. All three tried to appear innocent and not succeeding as Martin raised one eyebrow to tell them he wasn't buying it.

"Go ahead doctor, I'm ready." Everyone held their breath waiting for the results of tests that would determine how much longer Martin and Myron would have before the disease would win. Martin's face remained expressionless not giving anything away even listening to the one-sided conversation didn't give any clues as to the results. Tension mounted in the room as each man waited for the conversation to end to find out what the results were. Martin hung up the phone and sat staring at it as if in shock. Expecting the worst Myron and David crouched beside Martin each ready to comfort him and each other. Johnny and Zeke quickly joined the other three men knowing instinctively something wondrous had happen. Their own private Christmas Miracle.

Martin looked into the eyes of his lover and his son tears falling from his eyes, which reflected hope, not despair and told them in a voice hushed with wonderment, "The doctor said that I'm in remission. It doesn't mean that I'm cured, but the cancer had stopped spreading." Both David and Myron tears streaming down their faces embraced Martin just holding him and giving thanks for this wondrous gift. Zeke grinned and Johnny let out a rebel yell at the news. Martin pulled slightly back and continued, "They figure on another year maybe more if I take care of myself. They want me to move to somewhere warm like Arizona, New Mexico, or even California to get out of the cold and damp."

*

The church was decorated in holly and ivy with the nativity scene displayed next to the Alter. The choir was dressed in red and white reflecting the colors of Christmas. Candles and incense burned throughout the church as quiet whispers of welcome were issued as friends and family met. The church was crowded, but the people seemed to be at peace with themselves and with each other. It was as if the world had become quiet as if waiting for some miraculous event to occur.

Zeke sat and just enjoyed being in a church for the first time in five year and watching as people prepared for the mass. He and Johnny kept sharing amused glance as Myron watched everything with the fascination of a five year old. Once in a while curiosity got to be too great Myron would asked a question of Zeke or Johnny to try to understand what was happening.

Johnny noticed a group of young women watching them from across the aisle and more than one of them had singled Myron out. Grinning Johnny leaned over and whispered in Myron's ear, "I almost feel sorry for those girls, but you're mine. Mine and Zeke's." Myron blushed and darted a quick look over to the girls Johnny had spotted. More than one giggled as they realized Myron had noticed them. He quickly looked away not wanting to encourage them in their fantasies when Zeke leaned in from his other side and whispered into Myron's ear, "Boy … just wait till me and Johnny get you home. We're going have to claim you and mark you as ours so that no one will try to steal you from us." Myron quickly looked up into Zeke's eyes seeing the love and desire burning bright.

Blushing furiously Myron leaned back into Zeke and whispered in his ear, "You just might get your chance tonight … if you want." Zeke's eyes widened as he turned to look into Myron's face to see if what Myron implied was what Johnny and he were hoping for. The look in Myron's eye confirmed it and he knew that he was grinning like a five year old with his dream present deposited into his hands. Johnny had noticed the blush that wouldn't quit and looked over at Zeke with a raised eyebrow in question. When he saw Zeke's eyes widen and the grin that split his face he wanted to grab the other two and head for home wanting to help Zeke unwrap the present. Just as he was about to suggest leaving the Mass started.

*

The two men hurried the third up the brownstone stair wanting to get somewhere where they could celebrate in private, but as they opened the door David was waiting for them with a happy grin on his face. "Johnny, your mother called she wants you to call her."

Johnny froze in disbelief. Myron and Zeke seem to understand and gently herded him towards the phone. Where Myron picked up the phone and dialed the number that David gave him while Zeke sat Johnny down in a chair. When the phone started to ring Myron gave Johnny the phone. "Hi Mom."

//** Johnny. I just want to … I just wanted to tell you … I love you. **//

"I love you too Mom."

//** Johnny… It will take time … and I may never understand or be too comfortable with your lifestyle… but … you're my baby and I won't shut you out of my life. **//

"Are you sure Mom, Rose and Kelly …."

//** Rose and Kelly will have to decide for themselves, but I won't shut you out. If they don't like it they know where the door is. I will always welcome them, but if they can't accept my decision then it's their loss. **//

"Mom if things get too uncomfortable back there you can always come and stay with us."

//** I know son and Michael offered as well. We just have to see when the time comes. Johnny I would like to talk to Myron and Zeke for a moment all right. **//

"OK Mom." Johnny handed the phone over to Myron who gave him a questioning look. Johnny simply shrugged his shoulders not knowing why his mother wanted to talk to Myron about.

Myron put the phone to his ear and said, "Merry Christmas, Mrs. McKay."

//** Is this Myron? **//

"Yes …"

//** Myron, Michael told me that you love Johnny is that true? **//

"Yes, Ma'am with all my heart."

//** Good, but I warn you now. Hurt my baby in any way and you and I will have a talk with my rolling pin. Understand young man. **//

"Yes! Ma'am." All Myron thought was he never wanted to be on Mrs. McKay's bad side. He'd rather face a full platoon of VC with a knife then her and her rolling pin.

//** Good. Let me talk to Zeke. **//

Myron passed the phone to Zeke who looked at the phone like it was going to bite him. Gingerly he placed it against his ear.

"Mrs. McKay, anything I can do for you?"

//** Zeke, I'm asking the same question that I asked Myron. Do you love my son? **//

"Yes."

//** Good. Now if you ever hurt my little boy in any way. I will hunt you down and you, my rolling pin, and I will have a nice little chat. Do you understand Sergeant?"

Zeke took a gulp before answering, "Yes, Ma'am I understand."

//** Good. Give me back to Johnny **//

Johnny took in identical stunned and wide-eyed paniced looks on both men's faces and guess that his mother had her little Rolling Pin talk with them that she gave Chris and Daniel. Chuckling because both men had faced VC without a sign of fear, escaped a POW camp, but was afraid of a 5'8" mother from Gary Indiana.

"Hello Mom. Did you just give Zeke and Myron the Rolling Pin talk?"

//** Yes I did. Just remember you're not too big to turn over my knee if you act smart young man. **//

Grinning sheepishly Johnny replied, "Yes Mother."

//** Good. I have to go Johnny, but I wanted to call and tell you that I love you and have a Merry Christmas son. **//

"Merry Christmas mom."

//** I'll call you sometime next week. OK Johnny. **/

"Ok Mom. I Love you."

//** I love you. Bye Son **//

"Bye Mom."

... TBC in Misunderstandings