More Kisses

by Nancy

Fandom: Tour Of Duty

Pairing: Zeke/f

Rating: PG

Disclaimers - you know the drill I don't own them I just play with them

 

More Kisses

by Nancy

"Oh for pity's sake, where is he?" Jennifer thought.

Zeke had said his flight was scheduled to land at five and it was going on six now. He had written her that he was being rotated back stateside after his fourth tour and now that Lt. Goldman and all of their men were safely back (including Taylor and Col. Brewster) he could come back with a clear conscience. Jenn had wondered at times if she had made the right decision to wait for him to come back to her (or if he ever would), but the minute his letter had arrived she knew she had. He had seemed so eager to get back to her and so full of plans for the future and she was laughing just as hard at his jokes and quips after having read it twenty times as she had the first. Yes, she definitely loved the big lug and always would.

Finally! The announcement of their arrival. Jenn hurried to the gate and waited for the passengers to disembark. But then she was hit with an avalanche of doubts and fears. //What if he had changed his mind? What if he really didn't love her after all? // Oh why hadn't she checked her hair and make up? And why had she worn her peach dress instead of her blue one when she knew his favorite color was blue and she had no idea what his opinion of peach was; which led of course to her realizing that she had forgotten to take the steaks out to thaw before she left.

What was she going to do if they didn't thaw out in time for dinner and he didn't want to go out to eat? Because of course he wasn't going to want to do anything tonight but relax and oh gosh where was he?

Zeke was having as bad a time of it as Jennifer was, she could have decided that she didn't love him after and what was he going to do if she wasn't here? Oh man, why hadn't he thought to change or at least wash up on the plane. He didn't even what to think about what he must look like, let alone what he must smell like. And what kind of excuse was he going to come up with to stop for flowers? He had been planning for three months to bring her roses and not one flower stall in any airports between here and Saigon!

He hadn't changed his after all Jenn decided, if the toe curling kiss he was giving her was any indication. And she would manage something for dinner, if they even got to dinner that is!

She still loved him after all Zeke decided, if the toe curling kiss she was giving right back to him was any indication.

And he could order flowers for her tomorrow, if he got anywhere near a phone that is!

 

END

nancyscalf@yahoo.com