Drabbles: Kiss 3

By Nancy

Fandom: This lot is for Tour of Duty which ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and was about a platoon of soldiers serving in Vietnam. The female characters are mine.

Pairing: Johnny McKay

Rating: PG

The Kiss refers to an incident that realy happened in that I was so surprised and pleased that my husband had returned home early from a detachment when we were stationed in Ca. that I threw my arms around him and kissed the stuffing out of him right in front of his buddies. Of course it took him forever to live it down! :snerk:


Drabbles: Kiss 3
By Nancy

Johnny was getting more annoyed by the minute. First he did something to make Beth mad at him (and he still hadn't figured out how he'd managed that) and now she was leaving to go
back to Chu Lai without one word of goodbye to him.

As best as he could figure it, he had to have said something during dinner. Though, what it could have been, he didn't know. (But knowing Beth, it could have been just about anything.)

Well, she was just going to have to come down off that high horse of hers and tell him how he managed to screw things up this time.

Dammit, he wasn't a frigging mind reader and she was just going to have to figure that out for herself.

//Ooh, he just makes me so mad! // Beth thought. No letters not even a quick note hello in the last two weeks and she wasn't suppose to be upset! As obtuse as Johnny was even he should
be able to figure this out at least! MEN!

It's amazing how women can have their perspective of things changed by the slightest sometimes most insignificant things. After all, how common a sight was it for slicks to be landing on the flight line?

Beth saw the usual scrambling out of the huge birds and as always paid as little attention to it as she did the influx of wounded being triaged at the hospital. (It had become too common a sight to take any real notice of anymore)

That was until she saw the pilot being helped out of the cockpit by a medic and transferred to a jeep to be rushed to the base infirmary, possibly to be sent on to Chu Lai. She had a moment of insight that though it embarrassed her to think how blind she had been; she would also be eternally grateful that she had had it. What was a few letters compared to his coming home to her safe and whole?

And what was more important to her? His writing to her or his concentrating on keeping himself safe and whole?

Well if nothing else, being over here had made her grow up and discover what was really important in life and that did not include gratifying every whim and fancy of hers.

If she wanted a lasting relationship with Johnny McKay then she was going to have to act like it. And she could start by being more concerned about him then herself.

But here was the slick that would be taking her back to Chu Lai (and away from Johnny forever?)

Forgiving him for concentrating on staying alive instead of pandering to her ego would be good to begin with.

"So, here it is," she said as she got in the slick and turned to say good bye.

"Yeah," he said, still ticked.

He noticed she was a lot less indignant, which was something. But what had made
her get over her snit?

"I'll try and call later this week," she said and she did not nag about his writing to her.

Johnny noticed that too but the pilot was signaling for Beth to get on board and she was
scrambling into the recesses of the big bird.

Suddenly, she turned and threw herself into his arms and in front of the shocked pilot
and grinning co-pilot she kissed him like no tomorrow!

Now where the heck had THAT come from!?

WOMEN!

END

nancyscalf@yahoo.com