Title: Beginnings and Endings

Series: Choices in Youth #1

Author: Jerok Furlson

Email: Jerok@Transfur.com

Feedback: Always.

Fandom: SWAT Kats

Parings: Jake Clawson/ Chance Furlong

Rating: NC-17

Codes: Slash (M/M), First Time, Underage (9/10), Furry, AU, Death

Archive: Yes to WWOMB and DeathFic

Webpage: http://users.transfur.com/jerok/index.html

Summary: Kitten love isn't always the fleeting thing most people believe. Sometimes, it's strong for a lifetime or more.

Disclaimers: Chars aren't mine, not like TPTB would give us a story like this and give credence to the concept than someone under 21 can have sex without it being rape or a terrible tragedy.

Notes: What I *wish* my first time and its fallout was like. The remainder of the series will fill in parts of the 40 odd years mentioned but not covered here, and will not be all that pretty in places.



CHOICES IN YOUTH: BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS
by Jerok Furlson


Will you give all you can give
So that our banner may advance?
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand up and take your chance?

Enforcer Special Forces Motto
The stars twinkled brightly this far from the city, giving credence to a secret thought that the rules he'd lived by his short life there no longer applied. That maybe out here, he didn't have to be alone, didn't have to be afraid.

A soft whisper of wind, fresh with spring flowers and the scent of the nearby trickle of a stream gave strength to that siren song until it gained a right to voice under those nearly foreign moons.

"Chance?" Jake's voice was barely above the breeze.

"Mmm?" The stocky chocolate on gold tabby kitten next to him rolled on his side from stargazing to stare at him.

"You want to try something?" He knew he showed his uncertainty from how his best friend looked at him.

"Like what?" Chance's ears perked up in true interest as he regarded the skinny cinnamon kitten next to him in their forest campsite.

"Umm, well ..." he tried to gather an explanation for what he wanted. "I saw my brother kiss his best friend and they really seemed to like it, not like our parents or on TV ... it was different." He trailed off in confusion.

"As long as it's not like my parents, I'm game." He grinned. "So ..."

"I can just show you?" Jake almost couldn't believe the words came from him.

"Sure," Chance caught the hint of movement and they made it to their feet together. Small, uncertain arms slid around his waist to pull them close, and he lost track of what he was supposed to be doing when a hardness matching his own pressed against him. The soft touch of unsteady lips meeting his own snapped his attention back to his upper body and the trembling tom he was nearly crushing without complaint.

"That felt ... good." Was whispered in the warm stillness between them.

"Feels better," Chance pulled the other's hips tighter against his, pressing their small erections together and didn't try to stop the purr deep in his chest.

"Ohhh, yessss." Jake half groaned, half sobbed, and buried his short mussel in the crook of Chance's neck and squeezed his eyes shut.

The tabby relaxed his grip to twist them and backed Jake against a nearby tree, not quite caring why it felt good to hear his friend's whimpers and suddenly determined to see how far it could be taken.

His back supported, Jake started thrusting in earnest as he grabbed his partner's ass in a death grip. With a choked sob he shifted his head, sank his mouth as deep around Chance's shoulder as his jaw would allow and bit hard as a deep throated scream wrenched out between clenched teeth and bleeding flash.

Chance tried not to move as the slender kitten between him and the tree stopped shuddering and tried his best to ignore the pain in his shoulder, the thought of how he was going to explain it, or the warm stain of something growing between their legs and up their bellies. But mostly, he tried to not think about why the sudden pain of the bite right there had made him feel so good.

"Oh gods, I'm sorry ..." Jake was still shaking, and trying to lick the blood from his bite wound before it soaked into the dark blue T-shirt. "I didn't mean ... wanted to so bad, didn't think I'd hurt you."

"I ... didn't really mind it." Chance froze at the open fear in the golden eyes facing him. "Just that time ... just when we're like this." He tried to explain, erasing that fear was suddenly the most important thing in his world. "You didn't hurt me that bad, really."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure," he dropped his head for another kiss. "I like this birthday present."

Jake suddenly smiled playfully. "Well, I think we have to do it nine more times today." His expression dulled a little. "I'll try not to bite hard next time."

"I *really* like this variant."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake Clawson quietly focused back to the fresh grave at his feet as the crowd dissipated respectfully. The spring air whistling around him in reminder of that beautiful night, one of very few that simple in his life as he brushed back silver streaked cinnamon hair.

An easy step around the upturned earth and he knelt to trace each scripted letter on an otherwise simple granite marker, holding back tears for what they truly meant. And at how such a life could be summarized so well in a handful of words.


Here Lies a Hero, One of a Pair
Chance 'T-Bone' Furlong
April 28, 1957 to March 3, 2003
Father, Husband, Lifemate, Enforcer, SWAT Kat
For Down These Mean Skies ...

He brushed trembling fingers over the name and spoke almost silently. "I know we said forever, promised to follow each other anywhere ... but love, I hope you understand ... please understand that I'm needed here more than I think you need me wherever you are." He closed his eyes and exhaled, "forgive me for breaking that vow for a few years. Forgive me for loving our children just a little more than I love you right now. In five years, when Talla's in collage. That's all. Just till she and Branden are grown. They are your legacy as well as mine."

He knelt there in the warm breeze, letting his mind drift in the rare moment of quiet, until a gentle hand on his shoulder brought his eyes up to meet the chocolate on caramel tabby fur of his oldest son.

"Come on, father." His voice was shaky and rough, clearly reflecting his sibling's expressions as well. "It's time for the wake."

"Yes, I guess so." He twisted to his feet with the grace and composure given by thirty years of combat training and use. "It's almost time ..."

++++++++++++++


Here Lies a Hero, One of a Pair
Jake 'Razor' Clawson
November 17, 1958 to July 8, 2008
Father, Husband, Lifemate, Enforcer, SWAT Kat
A Kat Must Fly

+++++++++++++++++

End: Choices in Youth #1