Title: Uno Cinco De Mayo

Author: Britta

britta54@hotmail.com

Series: VOY

Codes: C/P

Rating: R

Archive: Fine with me, just tell me where.

Disclaimer: Someone else owns these folks. I just let them do whatever they want. Money being made? You have got to be kidding. It's a labor of love--theirs. May contain m/m sex, if you don't like, take a hike.



Uno Cinco De Mayo
by Britta

"Tom?"

"Hmm?" He concentrated on chewing and swallowing.

"Do you have any special plans for tonight?" Chakotay asked before his gaze quickly moved down to his so-called breakfast.

Catching the muted twinkle in his lover's dark eyes, Tom replied, "I promised to teach Harry a special bank shot at Sandrine's after shift, but it shouldn't take long. Why?"

Chakotay looked up at him innocently and replied, "No real reason. I was just curious when you'd be home."

"Uh huh." Tom knew what day it was and had decided to play along in hopes that Chakotay would forgive him for that last holiday fiasco. "I might have to sit through dinner with Harry, too, if that's okay with you."

The commander shook his head. "No problem. I have some reports to work on. I'll eat in my office--see you around 2030?"

"What about lunch?" Tom leaned across the table and favored his partner with the most adoring expression he could manage.

Tom watched the commander try to hide a grin as he answered smoothly, "Mandatory Friday meeting with the captain. Sorry." Then Chakotay picked up his tray, kissed Tom, and walked away.

That kiss was warmer than any he'd had in days and Tom called out, "See you later!" Chakotay waved in reply as he left the Mess Hall. Tom decided then to replicate Chakotay's special gift at lunchtime.

+|+|+|+

Chakotay checked his outfit in the mirror. All the crepe paper and tissue paper, carefully shredded, ruffled, stretched and fringed, covered his body in unexpected, yet hopefully enticing ways. The pulley he'd installed over their bed was working correctly and so he sat on the padded swing-seat and spread his legs to show off his ecorated assets.

Before he could check the time, he heard Tom's voice calling out, "Chakotay? Where are you?"

"I'm in the bedroom," he shouted.

"Good. I brought a surprise for you. I'll just be a minute."

Chakotay began to panic when he recalled bringing Janeway home for a cup of coffee only to discover Tom lying naked on their dining table. "Uh, Tom?" he yelled through the door.

"What!"

"It's not a person, is it?"

The bedroom door opened and a nude Tom Paris stepped inside. Holding his hands behind his back, he said, "No." Then his eyes wandered over Chakotay, growing ever wider as he took in the 'outfit' and finally came to rest on the pulley system.

Chakotay blinked in satisfied surprise as his lover's jaw fell open. He hadn't expected Tom to be quite so startled at the sight of him, given the lengths Tom had gone to recently to get into the spirit of other holidays. "Are you okay?" he inquired.

"Yeah.... But what are you supposed to be?" Tom asked breathlessly.

"I am a pinata," stated Chakotay.

"A what?"

"It's an old tradition, a way to celebrate part of my heritage." He raised and lowered his body using the pulley, then held out a strip of black fabric and continued, "You are supposed to be blindfolded."

Tom just stared.

Chakotay went on, albeit a little uncertainly, "Uh, I'm supposed to be batted at with a stick until all the good things inside me spill out."

Still looking dazed, as if he had miscalculated a student-level flight pattern, Tom mumbled, "Beaten with a stick?"

Smiling, Chakotay replied, "In our case, I was hoping you'd use the fat, fleshy 'stick' you keep in your pants. And to make things more interesting, I get to go up and down at will."

Finally, Tom laughed and said, "It sounds like fun." He moved closer to Chakotay. "Before you blindfold me, may I begin by tasting you?"

Chakotay hoisted himself upward and intoned, "Only if you tell me what your surprise is."

Blushing furiously, Tom held up a bottle filled with a viscous white substance.

"What is that?" Chakotay demanded as the swing swayed ominously.

"I 'thought' it was an appropriate gift for your holiday." Tom's face turned a deeper red and he shut his eyes as he explained, "It's a fifth of mayonnaise."

Chakotay laughed so hard he lost control of the pulley and landed flat on his back on the bed. Tears streaming from his eyes, he gasped, "Oh gods, maybe we can use it for lube!"


THE END