Title: The Ides of March Revisited

Author: Britta

britta54@hotmail.com

Series: VOY

Part: 1/1

Codes: C/P

Rating: R

Archive: Fine with me, just tell me where.

Disclaimer: Someone else owns these folks. I just let them do whatever they want. Money being made? You have got to be kidding. It's a labor of love--theirs. May contain m/m sex, if you don't like, take a hike.

 

THE IDES OF MARCH REVISITED

By Britta

After a long day of reviewing crew evaluations, Chakotay entered the quarters he shared with Lt. Paris. Quickly noting the odd lighting and rearranged furniture, he spied his lover standing in the corner, holding a goblet and striking a pompous pose.

Without stopping to think, he blurted, "Tom, why are you wearing a sheet?"

Tom set down his drink, waltzed over to him and replied somberly, "It is not a 'sheet' Magnus Chakotayus, it is a 'toga', and we are here to honor our beloved Julius Caesar on the anniversary of his death." Tom then held out a pile of linen and waited until Chakotay took it into his arms.

Chakotay let out a laugh disguised as a sigh, and took the bundle with all the due reverence that Tom's high drama demanded. "Thank you...Thomas?" he guessed at Tom's play name.

"Thomas Maximus, at your service." Tom nodded and grinned.

Maximus indeed. Chakotay almost lost it but recovered in time. He leaned forward and said sotto voce, "I fear I am not properly attired. Could you perhaps call a *slave* to assist me?"

Tom picked up his goblet once more and took a healthy swallow. "I'm afraid that's impossible, Magnus Chakotayus. You see, I gave my slaves the night off. You'll have to do the best you can while I procure our food." With that pronouncement, Chakotay was shoved through their bedroom door.

As he stripped off his uniform, he pondered Tom's recent taking control over their holiday celebrations. It wasn't as if he minded that much, although he did enjoy making his own plans. He tried to drape the sheet around his body in a convincing and secure manner, then realized he'd been looking at this all wrong.

He recalled Tom's Lenten vow, and, tucking one sheet corner under another and over it again, thought if Tom wanted to impose his religious beliefs on their sexual relationship, then he would do all he could to comply--after all, the Spirits *were* watching. Chakotay grinned at himself in the mirror at the thought of helping Tom along his spiritual path.

Decision made, Chakotay emerged once more into the living area to find bowls of food on a tray next to the piles of pillows on the floor. He wondered how to approach this scenario, then sat down cross-legged hiking up his sheet to give him some leeway.

Tom plopped down beside him, turned onto his stomach and said with a frown, "You're doing it wrong, Chakotayus Magnus."

"I thought I was Magnus Chakotayus?"

Peeking beneath Chakotay's sheet, Thomas Maximus replied, "You are. Um, Magnus, at any rate."

Chakotay smiled, then said heartily, "So tell me, Thomas Maximus, how am I to do things *right* for this occasion?"

"Come down here, next to me, and we'll eat this sumptuous meal. Then, we might get lucky enough to have a ritual orgy." Tom's eyebrows jumped up and down suggestively.

"Very well," Chakotay announced while trying to get comfortable. "I'm ready for the first course."

Tom shifted position and tugged on his 'toga', outlining his beautiful bottom, which reminded Chakotay of something. "Hey, aren't there supposed to be dancing girls or something for entertainment while we eat?"

Thomas Maximus stared at him and stated, "Trust me, you do not want to see the dancing girls."

"What about the dancing boys?" Chakotayus demanded, relishing his role.

Thomas glared at him and snapped, "Not them either."

Suddenly, a bowl of small, round things was shoved under his nose. He peered warily at the blue and orange globes and asked, "What are these?"

Smiling once again, Thomas Maximus replied silkily, "They're Delta Quadrant grapes, and I peeled them, personally, just for you, Chakotayus."

A grape was poked into his mouth and Chakotay realized Tom had an ulterior motive. He said teasingly, "I know you have sworn off eating me for the duration, but that doesn't mean I can't eat you."

"Oh yeah, Magnus?" Tom looked at him hopefully.

"Oh yes, Maximus," Chakotay replied as he played with the grape in his mouth, letting it surface between his lips once or twice before biting down on it and letting the juice run out where his tongue just *had* to follow to collect it.

Tom's breath rate increased and his eyes dilated as they followed every movement of Chakotay's tongue. Then Chakotay's hand crept up under Tom's toga and Thomas Maximus moaned loudly as Chakotayus encountered the meat dish.

Magnus stroked the Roman sausage and inquired, "Why don't we skip the appetizers, Maximus, and go right to the main course?" He leaned forward and dispensed several grape-flavored kisses.

Tom gasped, "Oh, yeah! Good idea, Chakotayus, uh, Magnus, mmmm, Cha...."

The names trailed off into whimpers and Chakotay licked his lips as he finished pulling the sheet off of his favorite 'dish'. At least the wet spot wouldn't be an issue tonight.

THE END