Title: Love Life

Author: Belynda

E-mail belindat@ihug.co.nz

Rating: NC-17, Slash

Parings: P/K, Voyager

Status: New, Complete

Parts: 1

Date: June 10, 1998

Series: Love Life

Story Sequence: Love Life, Decisions, Dinner at Harry's, No Regrets, Time Off, Remember

Website: http://members.tripod.com/~belyndat/index.html

Disclaimer: All characters, places and terminology that you recognize belong to Paramount. Anything else is totally mine.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! The story herein is about a male/male relationship concerning Harry Kim and Tom Paris. If you have a problem with m/m relationship or you are under 18 please leave now.

 

Love Life

by Belynda

Harry Kim looked up from the photo album he held in his lap. He knew that it could have only have been one of two people. Either Tom or B'Elanna. But Tom was the only one who would actually come into his quarters as bold as you please. Looking towards the door he saw the he was right - it was Tom.

He had known already that Tom would be coming by later to pick Harry up so they could go onto the holodeck and along the way pick up B'Elanna at 2000 hours. It had been a quite week in Engineering and so they knew that she would probably be in her quarters.

As Tom sat down on the couch next to Harry, he looked at the chronometer, it read 1950, which meant to his surprise that Tom was actually on time. "Sorry Tom, I didn't realize what the time was. Give me a few minutes and I'll change." As Harry was in his uniform he knew that he would feel over dressed for the holodeck.

"No hurry. We've still got ten minutes before we have to pick up B'Elanna." Tom watched as Harry put the photo album down on the coffee table and headed into the bedroom. Being the curious person that he was, Tom picked up the photo album and looked at the photo's that Harry had been looking at. The memory of the fond look on Harry's face as he looked at these photo's came to his mind.

The album was open to a page that seemed to be dedicated to only the one subject. A young man about nineteen years of age was in all of the photo's. He was very handsome, with light brown hair and blue eyes. And his smile lit up the whole photo. He was in a different pose each time, either looking at the camera or away from it. Tom knew that who ever this young man was, he meant a lot to Harry. And this puzzled Tom.

"Hey, Harry. This young man in the photo's. Who is he?"

Only silence greeted his words, then Harry appeared in the door way still dressed in his uniform. Seeing Tom looking at the album, Harry walked over until he could look down at the person Tom meant. He looked at the photo for a moment then answered Tom. "That is Simon. We were roommates at our first and second year at University. We were also lovers for seventeen months." Harry smiled fondly down at the photo remembering their time together.

Tom was in shock. He had thought the Libby had been Harry's only lover. He had also thought that Harry was totally straight. If he had known that Harry also dated men, he might have - no, would have asked Harry out on a date sooner. He had always been attracted to Harry but within five minutes of them meeting Harry was telling him all about Libby. That had chased away any ideas of making a move on Harry. But now ...

Harry looked up from the album and saw the shock on Tom's face. "Why are you so shocked? The fact that I had another long term relationship beside's Libby or the fact that it was with a man? You haven't got anything against bi-sexuals have you? Tom?" Harry was going concerned now, for Tom had gotten a far away look in his eyes. Leaning over he gently shook Tom.

Tom snapped back from his daydreaming with a thud. He took a moment to remember exactly what Harry had just said. "God no Harry. None of those things. I just thinking that if I had known that you also liked men, I would have asked you date on a date years ago. You are still interested in men aren't you?"

*Tom asking him out on a date?* Harry couldn't picture it ever happening, ever. "Tom, I like you as my best friend. I don't think, hell I know that I could never picture you and me as a couple - it would just be so wrong. And yes I am still interested in men. But the possibility of the two of us ... I don't think so. Besides, you have never told me or even implied that you were interested in me, let alone other men. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Tom absorbed this for a minute. Harry had just said that he could never picture the two of them together. But Tom could. Harry had opened a new possibility to him, a possibility that Tom wanted to explore with every ounce of his being. But first he had to make Harry want it to. "Harry, it's just not something you bring up to a friend who you think is totally straight. It just isn't done. And the reason that I never told you that I was interested in you was because, firstly, Libby and then the others. Which also happen to be female." Tom stood up and moved closer to Harry. "But know this. I have wanted you and I still want you and I would like it very much if we could be lovers. Very much."

Gulping past the lump that had grown in his throat with Tom's last words, Harry looked any where but not into his best friends eyes. "I don't know what to say Tom. I have never thought of you in that way, and it may just be to weird to even occupy the idea." Harry turned and headed to the door. "Lets forget about this conversation and go and pick up B'Elanna and go to the holo suite."

Tom stopped Harry from opening up the door with a hand his arm. "Harry, we have just learnt that the other is interested in men as well as women and then I told you that I wanted to be your lover. You can't just forget about something like that and walk away like it never happened. You just can't." Seeing the closed look on Harry's face, Tom sighed. He knew that what he was about to do could either find him with a black eye or with Harry as a lover.

Tom now placed himself in front of Harry. Gently he took Harry's shoulders in his hands and moved closer. "You might not think of me as a possible lover but I am going to leave you with something to think about." And with that he leaned in and place his lips gently against Harry's.

Surprised and a little shocked, Harry just stood there. He slowly absorbed the feelings of Tom's hand's on his shoulders, his lips pressed against his own. He told himself that it was pleasant but in no way arousing and that - *Oh God!* All train of thought was lost as Tom slowly swept his tongue back and forth across his lips. He couldn't help the shiver that racked his body from head to toe brought on by the sensation's of Tom's tongue.

Sensing that Harry was fast becoming putty in his hands, he soughed and found entrance to Harry hot mouth. He felt every bit of Harry's moan as it escaped Harry's lips, as his tongue swept across Harry's tongue. Slowly their two tongue's mated and became one, in a search to seek out and explore every bit of each others mouth.

Not really taking much notice of who he was kissing, considering what he had just said, Harry reached down and drew Tom's hips against his own. Again he groaned at the sensation of Tom's erection rubbing against his thigh. Holding Tom's hips in place, he slowly rubbed their hips together, bring their erection's into contact.

Gasping Harry arched his head back against the wall. He didn't remember them moving so that he was pressed against the wall, but he was lost in the feelings of Tom kissing his throat as he rubbed their hips together.

This time it was Tom's time to moan as once again their growing erections came into contact. The feeling was almost enough to make him come on the spot.

Unfortunately at that moment Tom's com badge beeped and B'Elanna's voice broke into the sound of heavy panting "Torres to Paris."

Tom stepped away from Harry and with a deep breath, not looking at Harry, answered B'Elanna's com. "Tom here."

"Tom, you and Harry were supposed to pick me up over ten minutes ago. Did you forget?" Just by the sound of her voice both men knew that she was angry.

"Sorry B'Elanna. Time just got away from us. I'll be over to pick you up in five minutes. I promise." Tom silently congratulated himself for making his voice sound plain and normal. As if he hadn't just been kissing the daylights out of his best friend.

"Okay then, but if you are just five seconds late then I am going with out you." Even over the com badge you could tell that she meant every word.

"Understood. Out." Sighing Tom turned to Harry who was looking at the ground. "Harry I am not going to apologize for what just happened. Hell I have been dreaming of that happening ever since I met you. But I can tell that you are still uncertain about the whole idea, so I'll leave you alone tonight to think things over." He walked over to the door, making sure as he did so that he didn't touch Harry. "But know this. That kiss was one of the most exciting kisses I have ever had, and I think that you think so to. But I know that you still have to come to terms with me wanting you. And with that kiss we just shared. So I think it would be best if we didn't see each other for a couple of days. At least until you've made a choice on how you would like for us to go on. As friends or as lovers. The choice is yours."

Harry just nodded. He did need time to think. Before Tom stepped out of the doors, he couldn't stop himself from saying good night.

Tom looked him dead in the eye and something passed between them that couldn't be put into words. Then Tom was gone, leaving Harry trying to make sense about what had happened over the last half hour with Tom. One thing was for sure, and that was he wasn't going to have an easy time sleeping tonight.

********************

Tom walked slowly down the corridor to the turbo lift. Once inside he couldn't stop the smile that came to this lips or the way he gently touched them with a sigh of remembrance. He didn't regret anything he had said or done in Harry's quarters. He only hoped that soon Harry would realize that they were meant to be together. But until then he was going to spend the evening with B'Elanna and trying to keep the grin off his face.

Continued in Decisions.

Well, how did you like it so far? Please e-mail me with your thoughts and ideas on the story and on what you think should happen next.