Title: J'imm & Shaman

Author: Scorpio

Email: LouisdPdL@aol.com

Archive: If you want to.

Fandom: The Sentinel & Star Trek Voyager

Pairing: J'imm E'liss (Jim) & Ensign Blair Sandburg

Rating: NC-17

Catagory: AU, X-over

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters (even the ones I am changing to suit my needs), and no infringement is intended. This is for pleasure, not profit.

Warnings: m/m, slavery, angst, violence

Summary: Ensign Blair Sandburg of the Starship Voyager has an interesting day as his destiny reaches out and whacks him in the back of the head...

 

J'imm & Shaman

by Scorpio

Four year old Crown Prince J'imm of the Royal House of E'liss clutched his infant brother S'tevv tightly to his chest, trying not to drop the wiggling and howling black jaguar kit. Stepping back into the small space behind the large colorful sofa, he watched as the rebels poured into the Royal Apartments. His mother, Queen G'vass and his father, King W'limm quickly shed their shimmering robes and transformed into sleek, powerful black jaguars.

The battle for the crown of C'scadiaa was violent, messy, and quick. A single tear fell from J'imm's crystal blue eyes for his parents before a rough, leather clad hand yanked him from his concealment. He flinched from the crushing grip on his arm, but he didn't drop the infant cradled against his chest.

"Look at thisss Sssir. The children. What ssshall we do with them?"

J'imm turned to look into the scaled face of his father's usurper and saw only hatred and revulsion staring back. The reptilian marauder's had been at war with his people forever, and now that war was over. A forked tongue flicked through the air, tasting his fear.

"Sssell them both into ssslavery. Let the Royal House of E'lissss ssspend the ressst of eternity ssserving as other'ss property. Ssslavesss. It'sss a fitting end to a long line of warm bloodied oppressssorsss."

Hissing laughs and cruel comments assaulted his ears as J'imm's torment began.

~ Eighteen years later ~

Ensign Blair Sandburg stretched at his station in Xenobiology. His spinal cord made popping and cracking noises loud enough to catch the attention of one of the crewmen logging data for him to analyze. Blair grinned at his assistant and shrugged.

"Sir,... Blair. Maybe you should go get something to eat. You've managed to work through your lunch break again. By the time you get back, I'll have the rest of the raw data entered and then you'll be able to pull everything up all at once."

Blair was going to argue for a moment, but his stomach took the initiative and growled in complaint. Chuckling, Blair gave in to the logic of his assistant and the demands of his body.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go see what Neelix has whipped together for today. Especially since neither of us will be able to get any work done with my stomach moaning and complaining about being neglected. Again."

They both grinned. Blair had a reputation for getting lost in his work and then forgetting everything else around him. Working around Blair had come to mean that you had to remind him to eat, and sometimes to sleep.

Saving the work he had done so far, Blair shut down the programs he had been using and stood up. He managed a whole three steps before a strong wave of fear and anger washed over him accompanied by an awful assault of sound. Hundreds of voices and noises, all demanding to be heard. The Xeno-Lab faded from view to be replaces with blurred images and visions, sounds and smells. Pain flared through his body in a jarring wave and then darkness rushed in.

**************

A slight sting on the side of his neck was followed by a wave of tingles that dispersed from that same site. The dizziness washed away and left groggy awareness in it's place. As if from far away, he heard the Holo-Doc's voice.

"Give him a moment to orient himself Commander. The activity levels in his cerebral cortex are still erratic. I've managed to stop the rise in glyporide proteins, but his beta waves refuse to stabilize. I'm not sure *what* knocked through Ensign Sandburg's mental shielding, but whatever *it* is, it's managed to activate both his empathy *and* his telepathy."

"I see. Thank you, Doctor."

Suddenly, Chakotay's familiar face floated into view above him. He smiled at his former Captain. He was one of the few non-telepath's or non-empath's that could come near him with his shields down. Years of intense meditation and spirit journey's had greatly enhanced Chakoty's natural mental shields far beyond that of most people. Without his *own* shields, he depended on the shields of others. And if the people near him *didn't* have metal shields, their was no way to keep them out of his head. On a small ship such as Voyager, it didn't matter. No one could get far enough away, but it was a nice thought.

"How are you feeling, Shaman?"

Blair grinned weakly.

"You haven't called me that in years,... and I feel overloaded."

Chakotay gave him a soft smile full of gentle encouragement.

"Is there anything that we can do? Anything that can help? Do you have any idea *how* this might have happened? I always thought your... abilities were too strong for something like this to happen."

Blair grimaced as a wave of noise and pain flared through him and for a second, he thought he saw the blurry image of a black jaguar crouched in the corner. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he focused on the Commander to keep from being pulled into the visions again.

"Nothing can help. Just time. I need to re-establish my shields. I need to go into a healing trance for that. As for what knocked down my shields? A person."

Chakotay gasped.

"An attack?"

Blair shook his head.

"No. I don't believe that the other person, the one who's thoughts and feelings I'm picking up, even realizes that he is transmitting them at all. It's... too sporadic and jumbled to be deliberate. I think that it's from someone without any formal training."

Chakotay blinked and looked slightly shocked for a second, but he recovered fast.

"Is that even possible?"

Blair shrugged.

"With humans? No. Vulcans... only by a Mind-Meld and that requires physical contact. With an unknown alien species?"

Blair shrugged helplessly.

"As for how this person, and yes, it is only one being, is getting through my shields? You're right, my training in the ways of the Shaman on Chopec III prevents that, not even the Cardassians could breach my shields. Only..."

"Only what? Blair, tell me, only *what*?"

"Only a... a *mating* bond can shatter a Shaman's mental shields. That way they can be rebuilt to *include* the other, bonded, mind."

*********************

Kathryn Janeway sat across from her First Officer and frowned in thought. It didn't make sense. After working with both Chakotay and the Holo-Doc, Ensign Sandburg had been able to partially recover his mental shields, at least telepathically. Once he had been able to separate himself from the images flooding his brain, he had been able to provide more information. Still, it was a puzzling mystery.

Some being had unknowingly initiated a mating bond with the human Shaman from a vast distance, and without Ensign Sandburg's help or even his consent. And because of the distance between them, they were both stuck in this strange limbo, each more than themselves alone, and yet oddly incomplete without the other.

The young mystic insisted that this was not meant as an attack, but that the being was in grave distress and was reaching out for help instinctively. It was the Shaman's theory that out of all the beings in this region of space, only *he* was compatible with the alien's version of telepathy.

Still looking for a missing piece to the puzzle, Kathryn turned to her friend and advisor.

"You knew Blair before we became stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Tell me about him."

Chakotay took a deep breath and settled back, reaching into his memories.

"Blair is from Chopec III. Like Dorvan IV, it was bargained away to the Cardassian's in the Federation's Peace Treaty. At the signing of the Treaty, Chopec III was a lush, jungle. It's people were greatly rooted in ancient traditions, just as mine are."

Chakotay sighed and took a sip of his tea, before turning sad and haunted eyes to the Captain.

"The Cardassian's choose Chopec III as one of the first of their new planets to exploit. The people who refused to leave it were evacuated to relocation centers. Read that as *prison camps*."

"Then, with typical Cardassian efficiency, the once lush and green world was practically stripped bare of all it's natural resources. It will take centuries to repair all of the damage done."

"Anyway, after I left Starfleet to become a Captain in the Marquis, one of the first missions I accepted took me to a barren planet the Cardassian's used for mining. We freed close to 70 slaves. Blair Sandburg was one of them."

An expression of amused pride washed over his strong handsome features.

"It turns out that the young Shaman was running an underground network. He was smuggling the weak and sick out to the Marquis with encrypted messages, while at the same time smuggling in food and medicine."

"As soon as we shut down the mines and rescued the prisoners, I had him assigned to my crew. I've never regretted it. His knowledge of other peoples and cultures, combined with his quick thinking and courage under fire have come in handy on many occasions. And his skills as a Shaman are... fascinating."

Kathryn smiled. She liked the young Ensign and knew he was popular among the crew due to his enthusiasm and vibrancy. He always seemed to give so much of himself, yet he was still a mystery. The culture he was raised in was obscure at best and he had suffered trials by fire that few others on board had. He seemed to retain a vast wisdom and an air of innocence all at once.

Kathryn was pulled from her speculation by an electronic beep and summons.

"Captain Janeway and Commander Chakotay to the bridge. We are reading a space station on the sensors."

Janeway hit her comm badge and stood up.

"Acknowledged. On our way."

 

...o0O0o...

Blair was sitting on a stone bench nestled deep in the jungles of Chopec III talking with his long time friend and mentor, Captain Simon Banks. When they had first met, Blair had been an initiate in the 'Way of Light' and Shaman Incacha's protege and Simon had been the ranking Security and Tactical Officer on a small Federation Starship.

Picking up a distress signal from Simon's ship, the Federation Base on Chopec III had been the closest and responded immediately. The survivors of the run in with the Cardassians, including Lieutenant Banks, were taken back to Chopec III. Shaman Incacha volunteered the services of his initiates to help with the Federation crew, to act as Guides and personal tutors in the ways of the people native to that world. Blair, as the Shaman's most accomplished student, was assigned to the second highest ranking officer. Incacha guided the Captain himself.

A deep friendship had been born. Even after Simon Banks had recovered and a new Starship came to gather the crewmen to bring them back to Starfleet Headquarters, he had always kept in touch with the younger man. And in turn, Blair had followed his friend's career and wrote to him about his studies. It was Simon who encouraged Blair to study Xenobiology and anthropology along with his mystical studies.

Throughout the war with the Cardassians, Simon often said that Blair led the life of quiet study and loving peace, that he, as a warrior, could not. That, however, changed quickly enough.

When the Federation signed the Treaty with Cardassia, the now, *Captain* Simon Banks was livid to find out the world and people he had come to view as his private sanctuary of peace and gentleness was being given to his enemy as a gift of goodwill. He was not the only one, and soon, the Marquis was born. Simon was one of it's progenitors and it hadn't taken much persuasion for Blair to also join in the fight alongside his friend and mentor.

Simon and Incacha were away meeting with a group from Dorvan V when the attack from the Cardassian's hit. As ranking Shaman on Chopec III as well as ranking Officer in the Marquis (Lt.) at the time of attack , Blair had used his position ruthlessly to ensure that as many of his people as possible were able to escape. In the process, he had been captured. A month after being held prisoner by the enemy, Blair had managed to set up a network to get information and people out to Incacha and Simon.

He missed both of his friends very much. Here on Voyager, all he had was this single Holo-Deck program. It wasn't *exactly* the same,... but it was enough. Lifting his head to look at the projection of light and energy, Blair smiled at Captain Banks, Marquis Warrior and friend.

Suddenly, a wave of dizziness washed over him and visions rushed into his mind in rapid fire succession. He swayed alarmingly and would have fallen off of the stone bench if it hadn't been for Simon's quick reflexes.

"Blair?! What is it?! Are you okay?! Is it another of those psychic transmissions from space?"

Blair could only nod and tremble in his friends strong arms.

"Blair, you have to tell me what you need. I'm only a Hologram and I can't help you outside of this room. You know that Kathryn won't give me a mobile Holo-emitter, so you have to tell me."

Blair grinned at the thought. Simon was allowed full knowledge of his status as a Hologram and had permission to enter any Holo-Deck program at will, but the Captain didn't want him roaming her ship. It wasn't that Captain Janeway didn't *like* the big and charming man, it was more because he insisted on referring to the Marqui members of the crew by there Marquis rank and titles as well as ignoring any of the Starfleet titles and rank.

"chak... chakotay"

Blair's voice was breathy and weak, but Simon heard him clear enough. Gently, Simon reached out and activated Blair's Comm Badge.

"Holo-program Captain Simon Banks to Captain Chakotay."

There was a brief pause.

"Simon?..."

"Chakotay. I have Lieutenant Sandburg here with me on Holo-Deck 2. He is in the grips of another vision from space."

There was the quiet sound of a gasp in the background. Then Captain Janeway's voice came over the Comm.

"Ensign. Can you get to sickbay on your own, or should I send someone to come and get you?"

Blair took in a deep breath and tried to focus enough to talk to her.

"Captain. We're *close*, real close. I *need* to find him, and soon. The bond *must* be completed. Send someone..."

As if from a vast distance, Blair heard his friends voice.

"Kathryn, my love. Send someone with a mobile Holo-emitter and I'll care for him. You *know* I would never do anything to hurt him. He's my Shaman."

Sliding headlong into a deep vision, Blair grinned at the fact that Simon *still* called Captain Janeway 'Kathryn, my love.'

...o0O0o...

"Captain, we're being hailed by the Space Station."

Kathryn glanced over from Chakotay to Ensign Kim and nodded.

"Tuvok. Send two of your Security Team to Holo-Deck 2 to escort Ensign Sandburg to Sick-Bay. Make sure at least one of them is a former Marquis member. Then transfer Captain Banks' program to Sick-Bay. No mobile Holo-emitter, he can use the Doctor's emitters in Sick-Bay itself."

"Yes, Captain."

"Ensign Kim, run full scans of the Space Station and open a channel."

"Yes Ma'am."

Kathryn stood up from her chair and walked over towards Lt. Tom Paris at the Helm. A strange looking being with dark crimson skin and a mane of stiff black hair flashed onto the view screen.

"This is Space Station Talfa calling the unidentified ship entering our space. Respond and identify."

"This is Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager."

The creature on the view screen, nodded.

"I am Crinthar, High Merchant Prince of Space Station Talfa and this," he gestured to another crimson skinned individual who was walking towards him to hand him a data padd, "is Nolair, Chief of Piracy and the Militia here."

Kathyrn turned to faced Chakotay for a quick moment and mouthed the word *Piracy?* at him before turning back to face the view screen. High Merchant Prince Crinthar was just glancing back up from the data padd.

"Well, Captain Janeway. It's seems that your reputation proceeds you. We have heard of some of your exploits from various merchants and traders that visit here. The Motharian's especially had high praise for you."

Kathryn nodded to acknowledge the compliment.

"Yes. The Motharian's were a delightful people. We enjoyed a pleasant and peaceful negotiation and trade with them."

The Merchant Prince nodded and then smiled, revealing a mouth full of sharp needle like teeth.

"Have you come to trade? Our markets are the best in the quadrant. We boast a variety of licensed shops as well a several open auctions. Quality merchandise from a wide range of species."

Kathryn smiled. Perhaps finding the missing piece to Ensign Sandburg's puzzle wouldn't be as hard as she had feared.

"Yes. We would very much like to visit your Space Station and view the goods and services available. Who knows, we might even make a profit."

High Merchant Prince Crinthar smiled widely and nodded to his companion, Nolair.

"I'll have my Chief of Piracy and Militia transmit a copy of the Station Rules and Guidelines of Negotiation over to your ship along with the docking clearances."

"Thank you, High Merchant Prince. Janeway out."

Turning to her First Officer, Kathryn frowned in thought.

"Chakotay. I want you to lead the away mission. Go to Sick-Bay and see if Ensign Sandburg is able to go with you. I want to see if his... *bond* with whoever is sending him the telepathic visions can lead him in the right direction."

"Understood."

Kathryn then turned back to Lt. Paris.

"Tom. Take us out of Warp and follow whatever docking instructions are transmitted."

"Yes Ma'am."

...o0O0o...

Chakotay, Neelix, Ensign Kim and Ensign Sandburg all entered the Space Station through the air lock onto level 8, section 5. Immediately, Chakotay noticed the change in the Shaman. All uncertainty and confusion washed away to be replaced by an intensity that he hadn't seen in a very long time. Determination shining from his face, Blair pointed down a corridor and nodded.

"He's this way."

After that, it was simply a matter of keeping up with the nimble young Ensign as he quickly made his way through the maze like corridors and jostled through crowded markets and arboretums. Neelix and Harry exchanged numerous glances of confusion at the seeming randomness of it, but Chakotay noticed that the Shaman was leading them down to the lower levels of the Space Station. He was also very aware that at each new level, the types of things available were becoming more,... sinister in nature. Finally, they stopped at level 3, section 7. The Slave Quarter.

Chakotay gasped in horror at the cruelty that assailed him from every direction. Sentient beings of all manor of races were held as slaves here. Some were in cages, but most were attached to posts and beams by way of collar and leash or by force fields. Some showed physical signs of abuse, and almost all of them had a hopeless expression etched into tired faces. Chakotay could only wonder *how* the Shaman could stand to be near such obvious emotional pain and suffering with his mental shields so badly eroded.

Suddenly, Ensign Sandburg stopped in front of an old fashion cage. All four walls, as well as the floor and ceiling were constructed from thick bars made of a dense metal. Inside the large cage was a sleek black jaguar, pacing back and forth. As soon as Blair reached out and placed a hand on the cage, the beast stopped it's restless pacing and turned startling blue eyes towards the young Shaman.

Chakotay gasped. Those icy blue eyes blazed with intelligence. It *knew* it was a slave. Then something happened that caused his blood to run cold. The black jaguar became blurry, it's lines and shapes softening and melting. In the space of four heartbeats, the animal was gone and the blur was reforming into a... Man!

The humanoid was very tall and muscled. He had icy blue eyes and oddly enough, a tail. He had sable fur on his forearms, calf's and in a thin strip down his spine to the tip of his flicking tail. Everywhere else, he showed bare pale skin as the only clothing he wore was a jeweled collar with an attached name plate. A quick once over with a tricorder translated the name plate to read: J'imm, Crown Prince of C'scadiaa.

With slow purposeful movements, J'imm reached out one clawed hand to Ensign Sandburg. Before he could issue a warning, Chakotay watched his friend grasp the extended hand. Both men jerked and shuddered violently for a few minutes and then they collapsed.

Instantly, Chakotay knelt beside the Shaman and ran a tricorder over him before touching his Comm Badge.

"Chakotay to Voyager."

"Voyager here, go ahead Chakotay."

"Captain. We found the person that has been sending Ensign Sandburg the telepathic and empathic visions. He's a... slave that is scheduled to be sold on the open auction block. I'm going to leave Ensign Kim and Neelix to watch him. I need to have you beam myself and Ensign Sandburg directly to Sick-Bay."

"Understood. I'll meet you there."

Chakotay felt the transporter lock onto to him and watched as the Slave Quarter faded from view

 

..o0O0o...

Blair awoke with a start and gasped loudly, trying to desperately draw breath. Confusion swirled through his mind as his eyes tried to come to terms with his last conscious memories. He *clearly* remembered being on Space Station Talfa, but his eyes *insisted* that he was in Sick Bay. Panic flaring in the pit of his stomach, he struggled to sit up.

Suddenly, Chakotay's face swam into view. Reaching out with one hand, he clutched at the Commanders shirt.

"J'imm... we've *got* to save him... We need... to complete... the bond..."

A wave of dizziness washed over him and he felt himself get drawn into a surging kaleidoscope of visions and voices once again. He vaguely thought he heard the Holo-Doc, but he wasn't sure.

...o0O0o...

Kathryn looked around the holodeck sadly. The lush and vibrant jungle she stood in was based on Ensign Sandburg's memories of his home world, Chopec III. A world which, the Cardassian's had destroyed in their efforts to collect as many resources from it's surface as possible. A world that Blair had called home, Chakotay had called neighbor, and Simon Banks had called sanctuary. A world that StarFleet had openly abandoned.

They stood in the clearing in front of an ancient stone Temple. One dedicated to the 'Guardian Spirits' of the jungle. Kathryn was not very familiar with the details, but she knew that the religion was based on one of Earth's oldest and most obscure cultures. Someday she would have Ensign Sandburg tell her the legends, but not today. Today, she had more pressing concerns.

Standing slightly straighter, she turned and looked at the three men before her. One Vulcan, one Human and one Hologram. She allowed each of them a brief glimpse into the sadness, pain and fear that was her core before slamming the walls shut tight and showing them the StarFleet Captain that turned those emotions from a weakness into a strength.

"Gentlemen. We've found ourselves in a bit of a situation." She grimaced, "Again."

"Ensign Sandburg's condition is worsening. He and Commander Chakotay *did* find the alien that initiated the mating-bond and the alien and Blair *did* make physical contact, but it was, apparently, not enough."

"Kathryn, my love..."

Captain Janeway looked up at the hologram of Simon Banks, both of them ignoring the twin glares from Tuvok and Chakotay caused by the lack of title and the implied intimacy. She raised an eyebrow at him and indicated for him to continue.

"I'm not a Shaman. I don't have the natural gifts needed nor do I have any of the years of training required. However, I've spent a *lot* of time in the company of Shaman's, especially the ones from Chopec III, so I *do* have an understanding of their... customs."

Kathryn nodded. "Go on."

"A Mating-Bond with a Shaman is a *very* serious thing. The people of Chopec III view it as the will of the Guardian Spirits. It's purpose is to create a bonded pair that is stronger together then either can be separate. It's said that a true Mating-Bond only occurs when there is a great need for it. I don't know anything about the alien, but it's possible that *it's* people have a common... belief system. As for Blair,... well, his only choice is to complete the bond."

Chakotay got a strange look on his face that told everyone there that he was delving into memories of his own before he turned and spoke.

"My people also have traditions that speak of the Spirits guiding people to their destiny. However, we are always given a choice. Follow the path laid down by the Spirits or do not. What would happen if Blair *didn't* complete this bond?"

Simon sighed, a look of sadness flickering across his handsome face before he could control it.

"Madness. The link is *already* forged, but it's not *stable*. Without control over it, it will drive them both to madness. The only way to stop it is to either complete the bond or to kill one of them."

Kathryn and Chakotay both gasped. Tuvok raised one sculpted eyebrow in deference to the extreme measures.

"It is much like the Pon-Farr that Vulcans go through." He seemed to consider for a quick moment. "Logic would dictate that we allow this bond to complete itself it both Ensign Sandburg and the alien are both in favor of it. However, before we do that, I suggest that we find out as much information as we can about the alien."

Chakotay nodded and then turned his attention to the Security and Tactical Officer.

"I agree. It shouldn't be too hard to do. He's a slave that is scheduled to be sold at auction soon. I'm sure there is a record of his life that can be viewed upon request."

Kathryn made some decisions and nodded at the men.

"Commander. I want you to find out everything you can about this alien. His background, his skills, his beliefs, medical records. Everything."

"Yes, Captain."

"Tuvock. I want you to find out about the rules and regulations concerning the auction and how they handle the sale of slaves. If we *do* have to get him, that would be the easiest way. We can always grant him his freedom the moment he sets foot on Voyager."

"Yes, Captain."

"Simon. I want you to transfer your program over to Sick Bay and help the Doctor with Ensign Sandburg. With him not being able to explain what's happening to himself, you will have to be on hand to assist."

"Of course, Kathryn. It'd be my pleasure."

"Fine. Dismissed."

...o0O0o...

Blair sat in a bit of a daze between Commander Chakotay and his friend Lieutenant Paris. On the other side of Chakotay was the Captain, and beyond her was Tuvok. He didn't pay too much attention to his surroundings. He knew he was in an Auction Hall that was dedicated to less than. delicate things. Like the selling of slaves. He was aware of the crowd and the heat and the noise, but it was at the edge of his concentration. His focus was on the link to his Bond-Mate.

The strange alien that had inadvertently invaded Blair's mind was well aware of what was happening. He was at once terrified and oddly resigned. This was not the first time he had been sold, and so his fears were grounded in fact and memory. Blair could feel the alien's emotions wash over him in icy waves as he tried to funnel strength and calm assurances back to him.

He vaguely heard Chakotay speaking with Captain Janeway. He didn't know exactly what they were saying, but whatever it was, it caused Tom Paris reached out to grip his hand in support.

"Captain, I found out about the alien as you requested. Apparently, when he was a young boy his people were in a terrible war with another species. They lost the war and his people were thrown into slavery as a whole race. J'imm is said to be the crown prince of his people and, according to rumor and myth, his destiny is to free his people and save them from their unfair and unjust fate."

"A prince, huh? Interesting. It'll probably drive up his price. What exactly is his species anyway?"

"C'scadian. They're shape-shifters. A humanoid form and an animal form. His animal form appears to be much like a jaguar of Earth."

Kathryn raised one eyebrow and was about to comment when the auction suddenly began. She held her tongue and turned her attention to the small stage where the slaves would be shown and then sold.

...o0O0o...

Blair gasped, a bolt of longing and pain shooting through him. He tried to stand and rush up to the small stage, but he was stopped by Commander Chakotay and Lieutenant Paris. There before him, hauntingly beautiful and achingly vulnerable was his Bond-Mate, J'imm.

His face was a blank mask of pain and humiliation at being sold to the highest bidder. He stood, stoic and strong even as his naked body was viewed from all angles by a room filled with greedy strangers. His long tail flicked in agitation. Suddenly, he turned and locked gazes with Blair. Recognition and longing washed over both of them.

A spike of fear shot through him and his heart clenched in terror. It took him a moment to figure out what had caused it, but then he knew. Painfully pulling his awareness from J'imm, Blair took careful note of what was happening around him. He almost collapsed in pain. Captain Janeway was being outbid! He was going to lose his chance to be with J'imm! He could *not* let that happen.

Turning, his eyes sought out the alien that was attempting to steal his Bond-Mate. The smug look on his face and the cruelty in his eyes chilled Blair's heart. In less time than it took to draw a breath, the Shaman did that which he hadn't done since the Marquis-Cardassian War.

He reached down deep inside of himself and pulled up all of his anger and fear and pain and focused it into a white hot beam of telepathic and empathic energy. Then he aimed it at the alien's mind. The smug alien jerked, gasped, grabbed his head, and then toppled into a heap on the floor.

In the stunned silence that followed, Blair turned to face J'imm again. He could feel the slight trickle of blood that dripped from his nose, but he ignored it. His eyes locked on those of his Bond-Mate's before the world swam black and he himself collapsed.

...o0O0o...

Blair awoke slowly this time. His head throbbed painfully and his skull felt a bit too small for his brain. He couldn't stop the groan that escaped his mouth, and then wished he did, because even that quiet sound hurt. He felt a cool pressure against his neck and then felt that odd tingling sensation that always accompanied a hypospray. Quickly, the pounding in his head faded away to leave a dull quiet throb.

Carefully, in case the light in the room would cause his pain to return, Blair opened his eyes. The Holo-Doc was frowning at him, which was no big deal. Captain Janeway was also frowning at him. That, however, *was* a big deal. He groaned again.

"Ensign Sandburg. The Doctor assures me that you will be all right. The effects of your... Mind Shock Attack are minimal. It wouldn't even have been *this* severe, except for the previous upheaval with your mental shields and the interruption of your meditations and studies."

She raised one eyebrow at him imperiously.

"As I'm sure you are aware, mental attacks are considered in the same category as physical ones as far as StarFleet is concerned. As effective as it was, it was still unauthorized. We *will* discuss this further. However, there are other matters pressing right now."

"Yes Captain."

"After you managed to put the competition into a catatonic state, we were able to put in the highest bid. As soon as the transaction was finished, we beamed J'imm on board. The Doctor examined him and, aside from evidence of a life-time of abuse, he has pronounced him to be healthy."

Blair struggled against a wave of dizziness and forced himself to sit up on the bio-bed.

"Where?"

Kathryn pointed to the main bio-bed in the far corner. A force field was erected around the chamber and a large black jaguar paced restlessly back and forth. Slowly, Blair slid off of the bio-bed he was on and walked to the edge of the force field. Captain Janeway walked up beside him and gently touched his shoulder.

"The universal translator can't do much to help him understand us, or for us to understand him while he is in this form. A few of the growls and rumbles have translated into 'mate', 'guide' and 'pain', but that's it."

Blair knelt down and his eyes locked onto icy blue ones in a furry black face.

"He thinks of me as his Guide and Mate. I think the word Guide is his peoples way of referring to Shamans or perhaps Priests. As for the mate part, he can feel and understand the bond that links us together. The pain,... well I think that is because it's incomplete. The bond is there, but unstable."

Blair turned his head and looked up at Kathryn.

"Captain. I need to get behind the force field. We need to touch to complete the bond. I would prefer to do it in my cabin if at all possible, but if you insist, we will do it here."

"I don't know if we should drop the force field Captain. He could prove dangerous."

Blair glared at the Holo-Doc for an instant, before turning back to Kathryn.

"Captain. He *won't* be dangerous. J'imm won't hurt me because I'm his mate and he won't hurt you because you *own* him. He's your property and he's spent his entire life being conditioned to *not* attack his Masters."

Kathryn gasped.

"Ensign. The moment he stepped foot on Voyager he became a free man."

"*I* know that and *you* know that. But Captain, *he* doesn't believe it. It may take a while before he does. In either case, I *need* to be able to complete the mating-bond."

"What does that involve?"

Blair blushed to the roots of his hair. He sighed and then turned back to face the stunningly beautiful jaguar.

"Simple. We must mate. Consummate the bond, so to speak."

This time it was the Captain that flushed. She turned away for a second and then drew herself up straight.

"Computer. Lower the force field."

With a sizzle and a brief low intensity flash, the force field dropped. Blair stayed where he was kneeling on the floor and slowly extended his hands, palm up. J'imm stopped pacing and crouched low, a throaty growl rumbling in his chest. Carefully, inching closer one paw at a time, he walked over to Blair.

J'imm sniffed and snuffled at Blair's hands and wrists before slowly making his way closer to the Shaman's face. Their gazes locked for a heartbeat, and then J'imm rubbed his furry check up against Blair's neck. He gently butted his wide forehead against Blair's chest and his rumbling growl changed into a deep husky purr. With a low cry of happiness, Blair brought his hands up and ran them through the thick midnight fur.

"Ensign, I'm going to authorize that the bond be completed in your quarters, but I *am* going to have the Doctor monitoring by remote. Understood?"

"Yes Captain."

"Computer. Site to site transport. Two to beam directly to Ensign Sandburgs quarters."

...o0O0o...

The tingling and surreal feeling of the transporter beam faded, leaving Blair with a body full of goosebumps and a slightly nervous C'scadian shape-shifter. The big cat pulled away from him and looked around the small living room of his quarters before beginning a tour of the room.

"Shhh... it's okay. We're home now. This is where I live. Where *you'll* live."

Blair could feel the nervousness and the slight confusion from J'imm roll over his mind in empathic waves. He tried to send the idea of 'home' and 'safe' over the erratic and fluctuating link when J'imm suddenly stopped pacing and seemed to melt. His image seemed to blur as his form shifted and altered. Random images and thoughts washed through the bond as he watched his mate shape-shift into his humanoid form.

Tall, muscular and overwhelmingly masculine, J'imm was an odd mix of human traits and jaguar traits. His soft fur had disappeared with the exception of the thick tufts that trailed upwards at his ankles and wrists as well as the thin trail leading down his spine to his long mobile tail. His paws had become hands, but he retained his sheathed retractable claws. A shy smile showed that he also kept his sharp fangs as well.

He wore nothing now that the slave collar was gone. His beautiful body was on full display. Blair found it intriguing to note that while J'imm's ears, claws, fangs, and tail resembled the large cat he had just been, his penis and balls had shifted to that of a human, just as his body and face had.

Blair blushed at the direction of his thoughts, but then told himself that they were, after all, appropriate. They were here to mate, to complete the bond. It was a relief to know that they were compatible physically. In fact, Blair found J'imm to be... sexy, in a primal and kinky sort of way.

With a flush that had little to do with embarrassment, Blair found himself closing the distance between them. Soon, he stood directly in front of J'imm, clear blue eyes gazing down into his own smoky ones. He could feel his mind pushing out towards the alien, trying to make that connection, to strengthen and complete the bond.

Suddenly, J'imm leaned forward until his face was mere inches away from Blair's curly hair and inhaled. Deeply. A rush of arousal swept over him. His mate was scenting him. Learning his smell. Why that turned him on so fiercely he couldn't say, but it did. He could feel his cock respond. Filling out, lengthening.

Tentatively, Blair reached out and rested one hand on the heavily muscled chest in front of him. J'imm's skin was soft as silk and his pectorals were as hard as steel. He was also hot and flushed under Blair's gentle fingertips. A quiver ran through the flesh of his mate swiftly followed by a strengthening of the mating-bond.

Through the bond that linked them, Blair could feel J'imm's desire and hunger as well as his confusion and submission. His fingertips caressed the silky skin lightly and this produced more information to wash over him empathicly. J'imm had an overwhelming *need* for unconditional love, something that had been sorely missing from his life and he desperately wanted to trust Blair, like the link and his instincts told him to, but he was wary from a life of pain and suffering.

Knowing that completing the mating-bond would end his loneliness and fear to trust, not to mention satisfy his physical desire, Blair gently lead J'imm towards his bedroom. He just hoped that he could fulfill his Mate's other needs as well.

...o0O0o...

Captain Janeway watched as the Holo-Doc activated a series of monitors and medical imaging screens on the far side of Sick-Bay. He typed in a few commands on the smooth panel and spoke a few more commands out loud. Once he had double-checked the equipment to be certain that everything was as it should be, he waved her over. He pointed to a monitor that showed two separate wavy lines. The top line was thick and spiky, the bottom one was thinner and more gently curved.

"This monitor is set up to display the empathic and telepathic beta waves produced in Ensign Sandburg's brain. I've had to modify the internal sensors in his cabin to get these readings, but they are accurate up to a .001 error margin."

The Holo-Doc then pointed to another screen which displayed several blocks of light that contracted and expanded length-wise along a measured bar.

"This is set up to monitor certain specific area's in J'imm's brain. It seems that his sensory perceptions differ slightly from humans. In a word, his senses are far more acute, but it's more than that. Unlike Ensign Sandburg, J'imm is not a true telepath or empath. His senses produce massive amounts of nucleonic proteins which allow him to receive such great amounts of information. Including those messages sent directly from his brain from Ensign Sandburg's brain."

"He has all five of his senses heightened?"

"Actually Captain, J'imm has *seven* senses. Sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing, telepathy and empathy."

Janeway frowned at the Doctor.

"I thought that you said that he wasn't a telepath or an empath?"

"Ah! What I said was that he wasn't a *true* telepath or empath. Not in the sense that *we* think of those skills. Not the way that Ensign Sandburg has them. J'imm can't *send* his thoughts and feelings out to others, well, except to Blair through the bond, but he *can* receive them from others at will."

Kathryn nodded in thought.

"Ensign Sandburg can both send and recieve at will because he *is* a true telepath and empath then?"

"Precisely."

"I see. Monitor them closely. Let me know if anything needs my attention. I'll be on the bridge."

"Yes Captain."

...o0O0o...

Blair directed J'imm over to the bed and sat him down on the edge. He ran his fingers along the muscled shoulders lingeringly before taking a deep breath and then gently pulling away to stand in the middle of his bedroom.

"Computer. Dim the lights to 20% illumination."

The level of light in the room dropped and threw a sensual golden glow over everything in Blair's sight. He allowed himself a quick moment to enjoy the sight of his mate sitting naked before him. Slowly, sensually, he began to remove his uniform. Jacket, shirt, boots and pants. He could feel J'imm's desire wash over him through the mating-bond, drowning him in lust and need and passion. He could see J'imm's penis swell and grow.

A shiver of pure lust and hunger sped down his spine to settle in his own groin at the luscious sight. Enjoying his nakedness, Blair ran his hands along own his body leaving trails of sensitized flesh in his wake. Fingertips traveled along his chest to find his nipples. His twisted and pulled them. Blair gasped in pleasure and J'imm moaned with desire. Blair could feel his enjoyment of the show he was putting on.

Not being able to deny himself any longer, Blair walked over to his mate and stood before him, sending out all his passion and need along the empathic link between them. With a throaty growl that made Blair go weak in the knees, J'imm lean forward and swirled the tip of his tongue along the swollen crown of Blair's throbbing cock.

"...ooooo... J'immmm..."

That encouragement seemed to be all that he needed, because without any warning, J'imm swallowed Blair's length down whole. His nose buried in Blair's pubic hair and his mate's thick cock lodged firmly in his throat, J'imm began to purr.

Blair screamed his pleasure.

...o0O0o...

Kathryn finished reading the report and handed the data-padd back to Commander Chakotay. A quick glance over her shoulder to Lieutenant Tuvok earned her a brief nod. She turned back around to face the star field on the view screen.

"Mr. Paris. Set in a course for the Sestron System that our hosts on Space Station Talfa mentioned. It seems that the fourth planet is known for it's slave markets. Any information we can pick up regarding the C'scadian race is most likely to come from places that allow slavery."

"Yes Ma'am."

"It's hard to imagine an entire race of people being held as slaves. It's a horrifying thought."

Kathryn turned to look at her First Officer and was bluntly reminded that he had resigned from StarFleet to fight against the Cardassians with the Marquis to prevent his own people from that very fate. She pushed aside the mixed emotions those types of thoughts always gave to her. One part of her rebelled at the very idea of disobeying a direct order from StarFleet,. but another part of her, the part that looked at the Marquis crewmen and saw close and dear friends, was appalled that StarFleet had casually given them away to their one-time enemy.

"Agreed."

She turned back to face the view screen once more.

"Course locked in Captain."

"Engage."

...o0O0o...

Images, words and pure feelings thundered through him in an endless succession far too fast to bring total understanding. He would sort through all the information later when he could take each impression out and examine it at leisure. Right at this moment, it was far more important to enjoy the heady taste of his mate's hot wet mouth, feel his needle sharp fangs nip at his lip, smell the musk of his arousal pour over him. J'imm was a sensual banquet of delights and Blair was a man desperate in his starvation.

With one last thrust with his wide blunt fingers, Blair finished preparing his bond-mate for his thick drooling cock. He reached down and wrapped J'imm's beautifully muscled thighs around his waist, positioning that lovely tight ass up on his lap. He wasn't quite sure what to do with J'imm's tail, but his mate took care of that by slipping it down between his own thighs and under Blair's body. The soft fur rubbed against his perineum and past the crevasse between his cheeks. He shuddered at the sensation.

With a slightly shaking hand, Blair lined his cock up to J'imm's opening and slowly pushed in. J'imm gasped, let out a slow measured breath and then opened up like a flower to the sun. Blair slid home.

Pleasure sang through his veins and bright lights flashed before his eyes. The mating-bond strengthened and became permanent. It practically glowed between them. Blair's whole body quivered as he delved deeply into J'imm's soul. He could feel his own mind open up for his mate in a way it never had for anyone else.

Moaning in both pleasure and pain, Blair pulled back until only the crown of his shaft was left inside J'imm's body. He hovered on the cusp of separation for a brief heartbeat and then thrust back in all the way. Exquisite pleasure rolled through him from his balls outward and he felt their minds merge even further together.

Blair pulled out and thrust in again. He knew that once the mating-bond was complete, he and J'imm would essentially be one person with two bodies. He would know exactly what it felt like to be J'imm E'liss and J'imm would know what it was to be Blair Sandburg. He thrust again, and again, driving them both forward to their destiny.

He could feel the pressure in his mind build just as the pressure in his balls grew. He knew it wouldn't last much longer. He was going to explode. He *had* to release it, the pleasure, the pain, the ecstasy.

...o0O0o...

"E.M.H. to the bridge."

"Yes Doctor. What is it?"

"Captain. The readings that I'm getting from Ensign Sandburg and J'imm? Well they're going right off of the charts. I've never seen anything like it. They keep rising and rising. I want you're permission to stop this immediately."

"Are they..."

Kathryn never got to finish her question. Right at that moment a tidal wave of physical and emotional energy surged over the entire ship, bathing everything in a brief, but intense blue glow. Kathryn felt her body tremble and then jerk spasmodically in the throes of passion. A clinically detached part of her mind was aware that every member of the bridge crew was doing the same, and then she cried out as her orgasm overtook her.

A guttural growl snagged her hazy attention and she glanced over to her right in time to see Lieutenant Torres stumble and clutch at Tuvok to keep from falling to her knees.

A rough shimmy passing through Voyager snapped her eyes back to the Conn just in time to see Tom Paris fling his head back, arch his back and shudder with abandon.

"...o spirits, ooo..."

Kathryn didn't even glance over at Chakotay's whispered words. She knew what she'd see. She tried to give the trembling man a *little* dignity by not watching him climax.

She tried to speak, but found her voice wouldn't work. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"Report!"

It was the Holo-Doc that answered.

"Captain! Ensign Sandburg's empathic levels are dropping off again after reaching an intense peak. And oddly enough, I'm receiving ship-wide reports of what seems to be spontaneous,... ah, umm..."

"Yes?"

"Spontaneous... orgasms."

"I see. Find out what you can about it. I'll call a briefing in..."

Kathryn glanced around at her sticky and embarrassed bridge crew. She figured that they would want some time to clean up. Lord knows *she* did.

"...Twenty minutes."

"Yes Captain. E.M.H. out."

"OH WOW! What a *rush*!"

All eyes swung to look at Lieutenant Paris in stunned amazement. He gave everyone a confused smirk.

"What?!"

 

END
J'imm & Shaman