Title: Dorvan Dawn

Author: Britta

britta54@hotmail.com

Series: VOY

Codes: C/P

Rating: NC-17

Archive: Fine with me, just tell me where.

Disclaimer: Someone else owns these folks. I just let them do whatever they want. Money being made? You have got to be kidding. It's a labor of love--theirs. May contain m/m sex, if you don't like, take a hike.


Dorvan Dawn
by Britta


"Wake up, Tom! Rise and shine."

Chakotay's sing-song voice penetrated Tom's sleep-fogged brain just long enough for him to pull a pillow over his head to try to block out the brightness of the cabin lights and Chakotay's exuberance. Shit. Why had he ever agreed to this?

"Come on, lover. It's time to go." The man's voice assaulted him again and Tom knew he wouldn't be able to get out of it; after all, he had promised.

Carefully opening eyelids that felt glued shut, Tom rolled onto his side and peered out. He discovered a beautiful, brown, bare butt right in his line of sight. The picture got his blood circulating and he mumbled, "What time is it?"

"0300. Hurry up."

"Why?" Tom yawned and stretched while Chakotay dug deeply into their closet.

"I got us time on the holodeck between 0315 and 0400. It should be enough for us to greet the dawn, say the correct prayers, and honor my home world properly."

"Do I really have to go with you?"

Chakotay looked over at him and smiled. "Yes. You are essential to the celebration."

Tom sat up and asked suspiciously, "What are you and Ayala going to do to me? I'm not going to be a ritual Federation sacrifice, am I?"

Laughing, Chakotay replied, "No, Tom. Ayala won't touch you. He won't even be there."

"Why not? I thought both of you would want to get together to do this, whatever it is."

"He wanted to sleep in, or so he said." Chakotay tossed a few items of clothing onto the bed.

"So why can't we? I mean, why schedule this...thing of yours for the middle of the night?" Tom yawned again, settling back against the pillows wishing he could talk Chakotay out of the madness that came from celebrating his home planet's independence after decades of being a colony.

"I want everything to be as authentic as possible. I've never had this opportunity before, so hurry up and let's go." Chakotay sounded more excited than usual and Tom had to wonder why.

"But, Chakotay, we can experience dawn at one of the sacred spots on Dorvan any time we like." Tom used his wheedling voice and hoped for the best.

Chakotay turned to him and stated, "I checked with the computer and this is when it happens for real at home. So either get your ass out of bed and join me, or go back to sleep and miss out on something special."

Tom watched as Chakotay stomped into the living room to put on his all white outfit. He figured if he didn't do what he had said he would, he'd never hear the end of it. Getting out of his nice, warm bed was difficult, but he was determined to do right by his lover and that meant not breaking promises, even dumb ones like this.

+|+|+|+

Thirty minutes later, Tom felt himself nodding off as he kneeled beside Chakotay who was chanting in a language Tom didn't even care to try and understand at this point. His head jerked up again as he felt his body list to the left and he hoped Chakotay hadn't noticed.

The darkness of pre-dawn was giving way ever so slightly, moment by moment, and he began to take in his surroundings. Chakotay was murmuring quietly, obviously deep in prayer, his cloud-white clothing becoming brighter as the sun rose behind the mountain in front of them.

Tom peered down at his own white outfit which contrasted starkly against the soft red clay below them. He was happy with the lack of chill in the air and realized he was nearing sleep again. He would have gratefully keeled over, but he blinked away his drowsiness as his lover's droning suddenly grew louder and then abruptly ceased. The rustling sounds of the wildlife living in the nearby brush became clearer and the pine-like scent of the trees invaded his nose as he came to full wakefulness.

Shaking his head, Tom yawned and asked, "Are you done? Can we go back to bed?"

Chakotay turned to him and said seriously, "We don't need or want a bed right now. It's time to make our offering."

+|+|+|+

Tom gazed at him as if he were insane. With all the calm he could call up, Chakotay gazed back and leaned forward to kiss his lover until he gave in. It was important to him to make this offering. He needed to do it--needed Tom's heartfelt cooperation and understanding. What he really needed was to get laid, but Tom didn't know that.

Chakotay had thought long and hard about a way to incite Tom's libido into coming online again. For some reason, it had been hiding lately, and Chakotay wasn't thrilled with the results, which were nothing, and more nothing. So, he decided to take a stab at the true holiday of his home world and add in a few religious touches to see if Tom would rise to the occasion.

Still on his knees, he turned and kissed Tom relentlessly until he felt a response twitch against his groin from beneath the short robe Tom wore. Minutes later, he had Tom panting in his ear, "What sort of offering do you want to make?"

Chakotay slid his hands under Tom's robe and around his hips to grab and pull apart the roundness of Tom's ass cheeks, as he replied, "The ultimate. We will make love here and spill our seed upon the soil as a gift to the planet to ensure that the next year will be as prosperous as the last." He paused to kiss Tom again, slipping his tongue into one of his favorite hot places, and fished in his pocket for lube.

"I get it," Tom said with muted humor in his voice. "It sounds like a noble tradition among your people, Chakotay."

"It is," Chakotay responded seriously.

Tom narrowed his eyes and asked, "Then why didn't Ayala want to join us here?"

Chakotay sighed. "He doesn't have anyone to celebrate with, and I refused to share you."

The look on Tom's face told him that he'd struck a nerve. He had a feeling that Tom would be playing matchmaker before too long. Good, that would cheer him up. Chakotay smiled when Tom asked in a husky voice, "How do you want me?"

He removed their clothes and tossed them aside, then placed Tom on his hands and knees into the position that shrieked, 'You will be fucked within a millimeter of your life.'

Finding the lube, Chakotay began to lovingly prepare the way while Tom moaned louder than usual. Maybe he's missed this as much as I have, Chakotay thought, as his fingertips glided around and then inside the tight hole that waited to be filled by his cock. Perhaps this was the true measure of their love for each other, both willing to do anything it took to forge the connection anew.

Tom wriggled and groaned so loudly Chakotay couldn't concentrate on the birdcalls he was listening to while trying to keep himself in check. Control. It all boiled down to controlling himself, and bringing pleasure to his mate. Finally, he lost himself in the warm, welcoming depths of his beloved's body, and he felt his own tension ease to the point where he almost forgot to pull out when he climaxed.

Surprised when he did so, Tom turned to look at him over his shoulder, then grimaced beautifully as Chakotay stroked him to completion. They both shot onto the ground and Chakotay was very pleased with his efforts.

+|+|+|+

While they got dressed, Tom thought about what happened and rapidly came to the conclusion that things were not always as they seemed. "Chakotay?"

"What?"

Tom waited until they left the holodeck and Chakotay requested the program shut down one minute after their departure. Then, on their way back to their quarters, he asked, "What do guys on your planet do when they have no private place outdoors to make the 'offering'?

As they entered the turbolift, Chakotay put his arms around Tom and whispered in his ear, "They masturbate into their potted plants."

Tom burst out laughing and said, "You fucker. If you wanted to make love to me, you could've asked."

Chakotay just smiled and kissed him.

The 'lift stopped and they walked toward their quarters hand in hand. Tom was amazed that Chakotay had gone to such great lengths to get a response out of him. That made Tom wonder how much of an idiot he'd been lately.

They approached their quarters only to find Ayala quietly sitting on the floor outside their door.

Chakotay let go of Tom and helped his countryman to his feet saying, "What can I do for you, my friend?"

"I don't have a plant, Chak, and I'm out of rations. Would you replicate me a handful of dirt?"



THE END