Title: Changing Times

Author: Elf

Feedback: Yes, please

Size: 4 scenes - 7 pages (15,863 Bytes), including space for this disclaimer

Status: Complete

Rating: PG - R, I guess

Codes: T/7

Disclaimer: Star Trek characters don't belong to me, songs don't belong to me.

Notes: This is a story with a f/f pairing. If you are offended by such pairings, go elsewhere. Thanks AbyKitten for encouraging me. And suggesting this pairing. This is for everyone. I hope everyone gets a good laugh from it!! This is not my original story idea... I thought up something completely different, but this is what came out.

Summary/Teaser: Set after 'Drone.' Mild Spoilers for that episode. Happiness comes from tragedy. Kinda sappy, I guess... This is my first attempt at any sort of f/f love scene, so be kind (but Truthful!). It's not exactly true making love, but it's a start............. I also don't know B'Elanna's character very well. You were warned.



CHANGING TIMES
By Elf


Lt. B'Elanna Torres
Personal Log

(Begin recording)

One died today. I'm almost having trouble believing it. It seems so unreal, not like all the other deaths I've seen before. I know I said I hated idea of the Borg, any Borg, onboard Voyager, but One was different. Maybe it's because he wasn't as arrogant as Seven, as the rest of the Borg. He seemed more like a child. Who woulda' guessed: B'Elanna Torres has maternal instincts! Engineering would flip if anyone suggested that I could be sensitive.

Seven... She's trying to be tough. Oh, she looks like nothing is wrong, but I know it's all an act. You had to really look to see how proud of One Seven was. But it was there; she did show it. That's something new; she's never really shown any emotions at all. That's one of the reasons she gets on my nerves so much; how can anyone be so calm and collected all the time?!? But I can tell now that the emotions are there, if you really look.

If you really look. You know, I can finally admit to myself that I did look. I still do. I always have. I've never known anyone that infuriated me so much! She always acts so damn perfect. So damn efficient. Not to mention arrogant, stubborn, obnoxious beautiful, graceful, cat-like..

Tom and I broke up today. Yanno, it's funny. I've been dating Tom for almost a year, now. It seems like so much longer.. It really does. Time can go by at the speed of light or it can drag on for eternity. We talked a couple of times about getting married. We even made the necessary plans, talking to the Captain... But for all our plans, it didn't pan out. I guess it was just a diversion, something to alleviate boredom. Maybe our entire relationship was like that.. Filler Space. How much of our entire lives are made up of Filler space?

It's too late for philosophical thinking. I have an early shift tomorrow; I'm going to bed.

(End recording)



Part 2

Seven of Nine
Personal Log

(Begin recording)

The Borg attacked today. Out of the entire crew, there was only one casualty.. One. My.. son.

I have two standpoints inside me conflicting with each other.

From my Borg standpoint, what One did was logical. He sacrificed his own life to save many, as many others on board have attempted to do in the past. It was One who alerted the Borg to our presence in this system. He knew of their plans for him, and what would happen to us and others like us if they accomplished their objectives. By sacrificing himself, One ensured the safety of the crew of Voyager. At least for a while.

From my Human standpoint, though.. I ask myself why he had to die. Why he wouldn't allow the Doctor to take the necessary measures to save his life. The Doctor told me that mourning is a natural process. One of the first stages of the mourning process is anger. I already experienced that stage. I must remember to apologize to the Doctor tomorrow for yelling at him.

I do not know how Humans handle this. I want to do one thing, but I must do another. I feel as though my entire body is filled with pain. I do not like the sensation. My head is 'pounding.' The Captain informed me that crying would help alleviate the pressure; would take the edge off the hurt. I will attempt it. The Captain has ordered Cargo Bay Two off limits unless there is an emergency.

Goodbye, One. I will... never forget you.

(End recording)



Part 3

the next day, just after Alpha shift

B'Elanna walked into the Messhall with Harry and Tom, laughing at something Harry just said. B'Elanna scanned the room, looking for a clear table. Her gaze immediately fell onto Seven, who was sitting alone at a table near one of the large windows.

"I can't get her to eat anything." Neelix stepped close to the trio, wiping his hands on the apron he wore over his clothes. When they said nothing, he continued. "She just sits there and stares out the window." He sighed. "Well, what would you like to eat?" He pulled Harry and Tom to the counter. B'Elanna walked with them part way before pulling away and walking towards Seven. "B'Elanna, where are you going?"

"I'll be back." B'Elanna called out as she began to weave through the crowded tables towards Seven. Seven didn't look up when she approached, so B'Elanna cleared her throat. "Seven?"

"I do not require - Lt. Torres. I apologize. I thought you were Neelix attempting to 'cheer me up' again." Seven looked up to B'Elanna.

/She mistook me for Neelix?! ... Whoa!/ B'Elanna stepped closer to Seven, seeing the tear ravaged face. Other than that, however, Seven was completely composted. "It's ok."

"What do you require?" Seven's voice was gravelly, her throat sore from crying. B'Elanna wondered why she didn't notice it before.

"I require nothing, Seven. I wanted to invite you to join us." B'Elanna tilted her head to where Harry and Tom had sat down.

"No, Thank you, Lt. Torres."

"You know, Seven, it isn't healthy for you to be alone."

"Irrelevant. I have always been alone. I always will be alone."

"Seven, it's not irrelevant. And you're not alone." B'Elanna took a deep breath, hoping what she was about to do was right. "Seven, I realize that you're mourning, but hurting yourself won't bring One back to Voyager. Back to life."

Seven took a deep breath, her throat momentarily closing. "I am aware of that, Lt. Torres. I simply want to be alone."

"Well, you're not going to be alone, Seven. Come on." B'Elanna grabbed one of Seven's hands and pulled her out of the chair.

"Where are we going?" Seven allowed herself to be pulled for the time being.

"My quarters. Neelix, can we have 2 trays? I'm gonna' try to cheer Seven up."

Neelix, surprised by the Klingon's actions, started preparing both trays. "Coming right up, B'Elanna." He quickly finished and carried both to B'Elanna on a stack able holder.

"Thanks, Neelix."

"No problem, B'Elanna." The doors slid closed as he called out "Good luck!" Whether the sentiment was for B'Elanna or Seven, he didn't really know.

***

"Hold this, would you?" B'Elanna shoved the trays into Seven's arms. "I've really gotta' switch these doors over to automatic open when locked." She mumbled to herself.

"Why are you doing this, Lt. Torres?"

"Call me B'Elanna. I'm doing this because you need a friend, Seven."

"You have never attempted to be my friends before Lt - B'Elanna."

"Yeah, I know. Well, guess what. Times change." B'Elanna finished putting in her code and the doors slid open. "Come on in." Obviously not waiting for Seven to move on her own, B'Elanna pulled Seven across the threshold, the door sliding shut behind them. The lights automatically brightened and B'Elanna picked up a convenient cloth, wiping the table quickly. Taking the trays, B'Elanna set them down on the table and went to the replicator. "Sit down, Seven. I'm sorry about the mess. I wasn't expecting company."

"Then why invite me?"

"I already told you.. You need a friend. Want something to drink with dinner?" B'Elanna keyed in the directory.

"Water will suffice, thank you."

"Water it is." B'Elanna carried two waters to the table. Sitting down on the couch, opposite of Seven, she pulled a tray closer to her. "I'm... sorry... if what I said in the Messhall hurt you, Seven."

Seven looked at B'Elanna, one eyebrow raised. "You have said many things in the past with the intention of hurting me, B'Elanna. This time was no different."

/Great. Just great./ B'Elanna sighed. "I shouldn't have tried to hurt you then, either, Seven. "

Seven looked at B'Elanna carefully. "Apology accepted."

"Good." B'Elanna smiled, her teeth showing. "Now let's eat. And no arguments. You need to eat something; it might as well be this." Seeing Seven open her mouth to argue, she lifted a hand. "Want me to call the Doc?"

"No." Seeing that she wasn't going to win, Seven sighed and picked up her fork.

"Good. Bon Appetit, Seven."

"Bone Appetit, B'Elanna."



Part 4

- the next morning

Seven woke up to a multitude of sensations. Her head was still pounding slightly, the edges of her memory fuzzy. /Have I been crying again?/ Her body, which was nude, was curiously heavy and boneless. She knew she didn't want to move, but she did anyhow. Immediately the arm around her waist lifted and one hand cupped her breast. That movement caused seven to become aware of the warm weight pressed against her right side. Carefully, Seven looked around the room without moving, attempting to identify where she was. A memory flashed to the surface, of being pressed against a way half dressed while B'Elanna's tongue lazily roams across her breasts. Seven took a deep breath, her nipples tightening from the memory and from the movement of B'Elanna, pressing closer against her.

B'Elanna, on the edge of consciousness, moved closer to the woman she was snuggled against. The woman. B'Elanna immediately sat up, grabbing the sheet to cover her chest, "I - I..." Horrified, B'Elanna realized that grabbing the sheet had caused it to slide down Seven's body until it pooled at her waist; Seven's breasts were clearly visible, her hard rosy pink nipples proudly displayed. B'Elanna felt a rush of moisture between her legs as she saw Seven's nipples and smelt the spicy aroma of their sex the night before. /How could I do this?/ "Seven, I'm sorry."

Seven looked up at the Klingon. "You are sorry? Why?"

"Seven, it was inappropriate for this to happen." B'Elanna took a deep breath.

"Seven raised one eyebrow. "it did not feel inappropriate.

"It is, Seven. Even if it didn't feel inappropriate."

"Because we are both female?"

"No, though in some cultures that would be a problem." B'Elanna sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. Reaching to the floor, she picked up and put on her robe. Letting go of the sheet, B'Elanna looked at Seven. "Pull the sheet up and then we'll talk." B'Elanna took another deep breath as Seven pulled the sheet up. Eyeing the newly covered area, B'Elanna couldn't decide if it was an improvement or not. "Seven, I feel like I took advantage of you. You don't have any experience with.. in these matters."

"You took advantage of me?" Seven's eyebrows drew together as she considered the night before.

B'Elanna, still not happy about it, slouched as she nodded. "Yes."

"But I initiated our copulation."

This threw B'Elanna. She had assumed that *she* initiated the events of the night before. Granted, she remembered Seven initiating them, but she had dreamed about it so often she hadn't dare thought it real. "What? Why?"

Seven chose to answer only the latter question, as she had just answered the first, "I..." Seven paused, trying to collect her thoughts. "I wanted to be close to you."

B'Elanna felt her chest constrict. "Oh, Seven.. All you had to do was ask."

"I did ask. That is how we ended up in your bed." Seven smiled slightly as B'Elanna laughed.

"Yes, you did."

"What we did is no longer inappropriate?"

"No, Seven. Making love was never inappropriate. It was taking advantage of you that was inappropriate."

"I understand." Seven looked at B'Elanna. "Since it is not inappropriate, will you come back to bed?" Seven looked and sounded hopeful.

B'Elanna smiled and immediately slid out of her robe. "I'd love to."

"We do not have time to make love again." Seven's voice was laced with disappointment.

"It's ok, Seven. We can just hold each other and talk. We can even catch another short nap."

"Satisfactory." Seven moved form the middle of the bed, making room for B'Elanna. She made too much room, though, since B'Elanna proceeded to lay down with half her body draped over Seven's. Seven ran her left hand gently up and down B'Elanna's back, the cool metal combining with the heat of Seven's skin.

"Mmm, that feels good, Seven." B'Elanna pressed closer to Seven, her leg lifting and curling around Seven's lower body. B'Elanna's other leg lay still, tangled in Seven's.

"Does it always end like this, B'Elanna?"

"Like what?" B'Elanna was getting drowsy, her words slowing down.

"Does tragedy always end in happiness? If One hadn't lived and died, we would not be together now."

"Only if we're lucky, Seven. Only if we're lucky..." With that, B'Elanna drifted off to sleep, content in the arms of the woman she loved.



The End