Anticipations Finally Met

by Hondo

Series: Voyager

Code : Challenge story.

Challenge: write a story under 600 words with six of the given ten words in it.

Archive: Feel free

Feedback: Hondo <storm@catchnet.com.au>

Disclaimer: Paramount, yadda, yadda, please take it as read.. :-)



ANTICIPATION'S FINALLY MET.
by Hondo


Today was the day, after all this time, a virtual eternity, the anticipation had come to a head and could no longer be ignored.

Captain Kathryn Janeway was finally going to have all her dreams come true. Every morning since she couldn't remember, she had woke up in the same condition. Her body wanting - needing - craving, that which up until now she had denied herself, but for which she constantly yearned.

This was to end this morning. Chakotay was at last going to give into her recent cajoling....

Chakotay promised her, she could have it all, that he would personally temp her beyond redemption. She couldn't wait, every noise drew her attention to the door, but he hadn't as yet, turned up.

Kathryn had a slight panic attack. Surely he had not forgotten something this important, in turn her mind drifted further ... Suddenly she felt apprehensive. What would Chakotay think of her, would he be disillusioned if she could no longer restrain herself after such a long abstinence.

Oh Hell!!! she thought, hell understand, surely, that I have been depressed for what seems a life time. And , due to this I may seem eager.

Feeling once more settled in her mind as to Chaoktay's perception of her the anticipation overcame her once again. She found herself pacing around her quarters......... Oh Chakotay, please I cannot wait much longer.........

She was just about to address the computer for Commander Chakotay's whereabouts, when at last her door chimed with the news that someone was seeking admittance.....Kathryn turned her back to the opening, closed her eyes and bade her visitor enter..

The room was hushed not a sound could be heard, except for the Captains slightly ragged breathing.. Then......

"Captain, I have just been informed by the Doctor that he gave you a medical. The results were very encouraging. May I congratulate you on passing the exam, with, as you say, flying colours"......At this point Tuvok stopped speaking as Janeway had yet to turn around or acknowledge him so he thought the doctor could have been in error in his diagnosis...

Then, Kathryn slowly turned, and he could see she was in a turmoil of some making, and even more obvious, she wasn't going to comment on it. But she seemed better, so after a brief thank you and a few more pleasantries had been exchanged he made a hasty retreat.

At which time Kathryn continued hr previous prowling, until the chime once again sounded.

This time she didn't have to turn. Her senses were reeling. She recognized that aroma. that alone told her who this visitor was. She heard a metallic scrapping sound as she turned to face Chakotay.

Good morning Cap......he was rudely shoved aside as Kathryn made a beeline for the tray he'd brought in with him. That smell. Coffee mmmmmnnnnnnhhhhh.

Picking up the plate she began devouring a pile of sausages and scrambled eggs, lightly dusted in pepper, accompanied with toast simply dripping in butter. Small delightful noises emanated from her as Chakotay stood, watching, unbelievingly as she devoured the entire breakfast set out in front of her....

When she finally cam up for air she looked at him a little sheepishly, yet fully satisfied.

Seeing his stare, she merely answered well you get half you stomach shot to hell and be deprived of simple pleasures such as enjoying a full cooked breakfast for six weeks, and be forced to dine on that nutritious but ghastly liquid diet and see how you hold up mister!!!!!!!!

Captain and Commander shared a contented laugh......



Fini
Hondo