Title: All work and no play

Author: Cinmbria

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Reed/Trip, yep it's slash.

Spoilers: none

Feedback: please! Cinmbria@aol.com

Summary: PWP after another boring week aboard our favorite ship, truth or dare. The sex is at the bottom. No pun intended!

Disclaimers: I don't own the characters; I just like to play with them.

Other: This is my first ever fanfic, be kind! Many thanks to Marz for the beta( I think I fixed my mistakes!) and all the praise! Thanks!

All Work And No Play
by Cinmbria



It had been more than a week since their last contact and most of the reports had been sent on to Starfleet. All in all, duty aboard The Enterprise was tame, and little was left for the crew to occupy their time. The mess hall was quickly becoming a place to meet and groups of twos and threes were talking softly at the outer tables.

Ensign Mayweather looked at his surroundings, and then leaned in over the table, "I never thought I would wish to see something besides stars going by".

"I know exactly what you mean" replied Ensign Cutler with a sigh. "Dr. Pholx has let me study his menagerie. I just wish for something a little less tame."

A smile crossed Mayweather's face, "You could ask to study that bat, I'm sure it wouldn't mind getting out."

She shook her head and replied, "No thanks! That thing is too wild, even for me." Culter groaned as she saw Dr. Pholx walking their way. She noted the light in Mayweathers eye's and hissed, "Don't you dare!"

"But you said you wanted something a little less tame, right?" was his laughing reply. "At least you'll have a battle story to tell everyone." He waved to the doctor and motioned him to their table.

"Good evening, Ensigns Mayweather and Cutler. I do recommend the re-sequenced meatloaf, it is quite good." His characteristic smile was in place as he stopped at their table.

"Actually, Dr Pholx, we were just talking about you." Mayweather replied. He ignored the desperate look from Cutler and continued, "Would it be possible for Ensign Cutler to study your bat?"

Culter smiled sweetly at Mayweather and aimed a sharp kick at his shin. Her smile turned triumphant when she heard him grunt. She turned to the Doctor and said, "I'm sure you are far too busy with your research to have another person to look after." Mentally she crossed her fingers and hoped it was true.

"On the contrary Ensign" Dr. Phlox smiled. "I would be delighted. Come by sickbay at anytime tomorrow and we'll study my pet together. It will be a treat to do something different. It has been quiet these past days."

Cutler didn't want to insult Dr. Pholx, as he seemed happy for the distraction. She aimed another kick at Mayweather and nodded, "I'll stop by after my shift tomorrow Doctor. Maybe Ensign Mayweather will be able to join us." The overly sweet smile was back as she looked at her companion.

Dr Pholx nodded at the two, "I will be looking forward to your visit. Maybe our Mr.Reed will let us use his force field generator. My bat does have a nasty bite." He chuckled and continued on his way.

Mayweather waited until the Doctor left the mess hall before glaring at Cutler. "Why did you kick me? Twice!" He reached under the table and rubbed his stinging shin."This better not bruise!"

"That was richly deserved Ensign" She replied. "It's my only way to get you back. I can't exactly dare you to wrestle the Klingon High Consul." She noted the arrival of Commander Tucker and Lieutenant Reed as they claimed the table next to them.

She and Mayweather exchanged greetings with the two officers and then resumed their conversation. Mayweather crossed his arms. "All right, how about a round of truth to make up for that `dare'."

Cutler laughed. "You're on!" She tapped her foot and watched the officers next to her. "Okay Travis, since its truth. Have you ever `made it' with an Alien?"

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the sound of Mayweather's laughter Trip looked over his shoulder, then back at Malcolm. "Well, at least someone's havin' fun." Then he added under his breath as Malcolm continued on about targeting arrays "And I wish it were me." Trip had visions of tearing the PADD out of Malcolm's hands and stomping it into the floor. He found himself reaching out as the thought crossed his mind and placed his hand on the table instead. "Lieutenant, I'm sorry, but how many times can you go over those same simulations? I'm about bored to tears."

Reed stopped in mid sentence and gave his fellow officer an icy stare. "I didn't realize Sir, that my ability to protect this ship was boring you to tears. What was the reason for asking me to join you if not to discuss the ships systems?" He placed the PADD on the table and waited expectantly for Trip to reply.

"Awww, lieutenant, you know that's not what I meant" he replied, his drawl lingering on the title. He leaned back in his chair and looked enviously at Mayweather and Cutler. He turned his eyes back to Reed. "Can't we just talk about somethin' else? Have some fun like those two."

"What do you suggest Commander?" Reed replied in a clipped tone." Ah I know the great state of Texas, or your Starfleet conquests? My, that sounds exciting." He crossed his arms and turned as Mayweather and Cutler broke into laughter again.

Trip sat up straight and called out," Ensign Mayweather, do you mind if we join you?" He watched as Culter broke into a fit of giggles that she quickly stifled. Mayweather looked like he too was trying not to laugh.

"Sure thing, Commander Tucker, Lieutenant Reed. Come on over." He replied and moved his chair closer to Cutler to make room.

"Come on, Lieutenant, it'll be fun," Trip told Reed as he stood up." He raised an eyebrow in challenge. "Or do you wanna' go over those borin' simulations some more?" He smiled as Reed stood up. Together they joined Mayweather and Cutler.

Trip noticed the two were just at the edge of laughter. "All right, what's so funny?"

Mayweather and Cutler shared a look before Mayweather answered. "I helped Cutler get a date with Dr. Phlox to study his bat, not that she wanted it!" He smiled and moved his legs just in time to miss another kick. "So in return I told her she could ask me any question, and well, she asked if I had", he paused, "are you sure you want to hear?" At Trip's nod he continued, "And she asked me if I had ever made it with an alien."

Culter giggled again. "He says he has, but won't tell me what species, and so I just kept asking questions until the last one.

"Which was?" Trip prodded. He noticed that Reed was smiling enough to lift up the corners of his mouth.

"If Mayweather thought T'Pol was…hot" She broke into laughter, "I know it's not nice to talk about the senior…" She trailed off as she realized who she was talking to.

Reed surprised himself by asking," Well, Ensign, do you think she is?"

Two hours later…

Trip leaned back and stretched. "I think the Lieutenant knows more about us than we do about him." He smiled lazily and held back a yawn. "How `bout one more question, Malcolm… and no weaseling out of it like that dare to borrow Porthos for a while."

"Or the question about the boy's schools rumors being true." Mayweather added.

Cutler laughed as she remembered the blush that crept across the Lieutenants face after that question. "You also declined the dare to wake up T'Pol and ask her if her communicator was working."

"One last question then," he replied holding his hands up in mock surrender.

Trip, Mayweather and Cutler looked at Reed and then at each other. "We're gonna' have ta' confer to come up with a good question for you. The three leaned into a huddle. Whispers and laughter escaped the group as they talked quickly. After a few minutes, Trip sat up again and gave Reed a smug smile. "I think we came up with a good question for you, pretty simple actually, who on ship gets your blood flowin'?"

Reed felt his heart speed up. There was no way to answer the question truthfully since the object of his desire was smiling at him like a naughty schoolboy. "You mean who on board do I find desirable?" He asked. "Well, it's not T'Pol!" He smiled at the laughter it generated. "And it's certainly not you, Commander." He looked at Trip and hoped he made the lie convincing. "If you must know, it is none other than Dr. Pholx". The table was silent before everyone including Reed broke into fresh gales of laughter.

"Malcolm, once again you evade answerin' the question!" Trip admonished. He stood up and stretched, not aware of the hurt look that passed quickly over Reed's face. "I guess that it's time to end this game." He looked to Mayweather and Culter. "Thanks for letting Mr. Reed and I join in, but I think it's high time to call it a night."

He and Reed took their leave and began walking towards the nearest turbo lift. Trip smiled as he saw Reed hold up the retrieved PADD and read the simulations again. He sighed inwardly and stopped Reed with a hand on his shoulder. "Come on, we'll finish going through these simulations tonight. Maybe if we put our heads together we can figure out what the problem is."

"I do have more information in my quarters, if you don't mind going there" Malcolm replied. He slipped the PADD into a pocket a waited for Trip to answer.

Trip agreed and followed Reed to his quarters. On the 10 minutes it took to get there, Reed spoke non-stop about the targeting array and ways to adjust it. He also included his theory on the trajectory the photon torpedoes would take even if they were one micron off. By the time they arrived Trip was ready for a break and held up his hands in surrender.

He leaned up against the wall just inside the small cabin and closed his eyes. "Can we take a 5 minute break while I absorb all the info you just dumped in my lap?"

Malcolm smiled. "I didn't realize. Would you like something to drink? I have tea or we can have something re-sequenced."

Trip grimaced. "I'll take the tea if it's all the same to you." He looked pointedly at Malcolm. "So you gonna tell me who gets you hot? Besides Dr. Pholx that is." He opened his eyes to gauge Malcolm's reaction. "You didn't answer one question truthfully and you flat out refused the dares."

Malcolm placed a glass of cold tea on the table for Trip. "I do have my reasons, privacy is very hard to come by on this ship and I value mine."

Trip stepped away from the wall, "Like I don't? Come on, Malcolm, you know more than you ever wanted to know about my conquests." The boyish grin was back, " Samantha, Alexia, and the others."

Malcolm felt his chest tighten as Trip named his conquests. "Do you truly want to know?"

"Damn right I do" Trip replied, "Its only fair."

Reed took a step that brought him close to Trip and whispered, "You" before taking his lips in a soft kiss. Malcolm felt Trip stiffen, and he pulled away. "You wanted the truth, this is it."

Trip took Malcolm's face in his hands, "You took your sweet time telling me, Mal." He watched the play of emotions on the Englishman's face, fear, disbelief, hope. He stepped closer and returned the kiss, his tongue ghosting over the soft lips. He groaned as Malcolm's tongue met his own, the kiss turning hungry.

Malcolm leaned into the kiss, his arms snaking around to pull Trip hard against him. He marveled at the play of hard muscles under his hands, marveled that his desire was returned. He needed to feel the skin, taste it. Without breaking the kiss he reached between their bodies and pulled the zipper down. His hands slipped under the tight fabric and explored the smooth skin, and sought the frantic heartbeat.

It was Trip who broke the kiss, the need for air and the need for Malcolm warring in his mind. He rested his forehead against his loves shoulder and pressed a small kiss against the frantic pulse in his neck. He helped push the uniform off his shoulders and groaned as he felt fingers closing around his nipples. "I'm feeling a little overdressed here," he said huskily. He quickly brought Malcolm to the same state of undress before claiming his mouth in another searing
kiss.

Malcolm kissed him back with abandon and quickly pushed Trip's uniform down past his hips. His hands lingered on the firm hips, his thumbs brushing the outline of Trip's erection. Slowly he closed his hands over the hardness, delighting in the groan his ministrations produced. He broke the kiss as Trip's hands mirrored his own actions.

"I want to taste you" Trip growled into Malcolm's ear, his teeth nipping the sensitive lobe. He smiled as the hot flesh in his hands twitched. Slowly he trailed kisses down the hard chest until he came to rest with his forehead against Malcolm's cock. His tongue snaked out to taste the hot flesh before he placed his mouth over the satiny head.

Malcolm's knees turned watery as he felt the wet warm mouth slide down his length. He found his hands tangled in Trip's hair, the blonde locks clinging to his fingers. He let out another deep moan as the lips met the base of his cock. "Please… Trip, I want to make love to you, you have to…" He gave a strangled cry as Trip applied suction with his hot mouth. "Please Trip" he pulled the engineer to his feet and stared hard into his eyes. "Do you want this as much a I do?" He searched the blue eyes and it seemed an eternity before he was answered.

"Sweet Jesus, Mal, I do" Trip replied, his arms pulling the smaller man in for a tight embrace. "I just wish I knew you wanted it sooner." He reached out and caressed the side of Malcolm's face. "Let's go ta bed."

They fell into the bed, hands touching bare skin, nerves singing with the contact. Trip found himself under Malcolm, his hands held above his head. He writhed under his new lover, trying to touch as much skin with his body as possible.

Malcolm smiled down at him and took the lubricant from the bedside table. Trip stiffened as felt a slick finger slide inside him. It rocked gently in and out, stretching the tight ring of muscles. Malcolm slowly slipped in another finger and took Trip's mouth in a savage kiss. He swallowed the deep groan and slipped one leg up to his shoulder.

"Look at me, Trip" he commanded, "I want to see your eyes when I take you." Stormy green eyes met his and he placed the head of his cock on the tight ring of muscles and pushed. Trip arched his hips and groaned as Malcolm slid over that special spot deep inside.

Trip held on as long as he could, meeting Malcolm's every thrust, never taking his eyes off his lovers face. " Mal, I'm gonna…please …with me…" He stammered, riding waves of pleasure. He felt Malcolm tense inside him and he was lost, drowning in ecstasy. Drowning in his lover's eyes.

They lay in each other's arms, content. Trip was almost asleep when Malcolm whispered his name. He looked at his new lover," Yeah, Mal?" and pulled him in closer.

"Was Samantha actually a Sam?"

end