FIC: "Watching the Stars"

by TripFan

Fandom: Enterprise

Pairing: Mayweather/Reed)

Rating R, for sexual content

Disclaimers: Lt. Malcolm Reed, Ensign Travis Mayweather, Dr. Phlox, and the Enterprise TV series, are the property of Paramount Pictures. No characters were harmed in the writing of this story, and no money is being made off its publication. So there ;-P

This story deals with male/male sexuality in a somewhat graphic manner. If YOU can't deal, read no further. Thank you :-)

 

WATCHING THE STARS

By TripFan

Armoury Officer's Log. PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL. Fourth entry.

All this time on the Enterprise--and I never noticed Travis. Oh, I was quite fond of our helmsman; he seemed a nice fellow, with some interesting tales to tell of a life spent in space. But I'd never thought of him in a sexual or romantic way.

Never, until our landing on the comet. I found myself flirting with Travis in the shuttle pod. Why? I don't know. Perhaps Travis' warmth, his openness, made it as easy and as natural as drawing breath. I felt that I could be fully myself with him, and he would not judge, or punish, or even tease me for it. That I could tell him anything, and he would accept it.

Alone with Travis, I let down my guard. To commemorate our landing, we built a snowman (or is "snowperson" the proper term, now?). Travis made the body; I added ears, and, with a plasma torch, I carved in a smiling face. What better way to express the joy I felt when I was with him?

Sadly, that happiness was brief. When Travis fell and injured his knee, I wanted nothing more than to carry him back to the shuttle, give him comfort, and abandon all thought of a mission for awhile. That, I think, is when I recognised the full extent of my feelings for him. I'd no idea whether he shared them until later, in sickbay.

Dr. Phlox had finished treating Travis' knee with a cold pack made from alien gel worms. Fortunately, the injury was not as serious as I'd feared. A sprain, that was all. He would need to keep the knee bandaged, and rest it as much as possible the next week or so before returning to full active duty.

Travis was lying on a narrow bed, with his knee propped up on a pillow. He wore only Starfleet-issue underwear and, on the knee, a compression bandage. I must admit, I enjoyed seeing him nearly nude. His chest and arm muscles were beautifully defined; the bulge between his strong thighs, most impressive. Before I realised what was happening, my breath quickened. My heart hammered against my rib cage as if demanding to be let out. And my own Starfleet-issue underwear did seem, suddenly, a bit tight.

Travis' eyes met mine, then travelled...downward. To my rapidly rising and falling chest, to my rapidly growing erection. Embarrassed, I flushed crimson, then turned to leave.

"No, Malcolm, don't go."

I stopped, looked back, saw Travis flashing a perfect, white-toothed grin.

"It's okay. I won't bite."

"...Not even a nibble?" Once again, I flirted without shame. Travis was making it more and more difficult for me to resist him.

"Nope."

"Damn." Now I was grinning too.

"Malcolm...when you've slept with aliens, believe me, gender is the least of your worries." I thought he was referring to Commander Tucker's recent pregnancy, until he continued. "I always kinda thought you were gay, but I wanted you to tell me."

"I suppose"--I said, glancing down at my aroused body--"now you know."

"Yup." He chuckled. Then his voice grew softer, more reflective. "I've never actually 'been with' a guy...but I've never ruled it out, either."

"Saving yourself for the right man, eh?" I joked.

Again the flawless grin, bright white against the cocoa-brown background of his face. Then Travis' words struck me like a stun shot from a phase pistol: "I think I've found him. Right here."

I moved closer, and felt his powerful arms pull me in for a kiss. Our lips touched lightly at first, over and over, more firmly each time...then opened to the touch of each other's tongues.

"Very interesting," a strangely-accented voice interrupted. "I had heard about same-sex mating among humans--but I'd never had the chance to see it!"

Damn Dr. Phlox and his fascination with humanity!

Much to my surprise, Travis was laughing at the situation. "Well, Trip told me once about having dinner with Dr. Phlox in the mess hall. Ensign Hayden was there with her boyfriend, and Phlox thought they were 'preparing to mate.' He asked Trip, 'do you think they'd let me watch?'"

"Did he? Well...I suppose we could let him see a bit more, before we go back to my quarters." I smirked in the alien doctor's direction, then kissed Travis again, hungrily, deeply. My lips and tongue moved down his neck, his shoulders, his arms and hands. At every sensitive spot I kissed or licked, Travis would show his pleasure with a sigh or a smile. He needed no words to tell me exactly what he wanted...or to excite me further.

My hands roamed over Travis, in search of even greater pleasures to give him. They slipped beneath his undershirt, to draw slow circles over his pectoral muscles. When my fingers reached his hard nipples, I spent a bit more time there, stroking, rubbing, pinching. Travis moaned softly, and grasped my hands, pushing them farther down his body. I brought one hand to rest...on an erection that threatened to split the seams of his underwear!

"Travis..."

He moaned louder, and rocked his hips in response.

"I think it's time we finished this in my quarters." I moved my hand from the bulge in his pants, up to his chest. "Come on, I'll help you get dressed...."

***

Much later, we lay embracing in my bed. And, through the tiny window in my quarters, we watched the movement of the stars.

"I don't think those are stars, Malcolm."

"What are they, then?"

"Look like specks of comet dust to me."

"From 'our' comet?"

"Most likely."

My eyes misted over at the all-too-brief, but happy memory of our time there. Again, I kissed Travis, this time tasting the familiar bitterness of my own fluids on his mouth. That, and the musky scents of our skin and sweat, brought to my mind the passionate lovemaking we'd recently shared. Travis may have been inexperienced, but he was a quick study--and so eager to give me joy.

"Hey, what's with the tears?"

I didn't realise they had fallen from my eyes until he asked that question. "You're so good to me," I managed to say through my constricted throat. "I don't want anything to spoil this...I don't want this to be"--I choked--"only one time."

Travis paused before his next question. "Ever made love in zero G before...Malcolm?"

I found my voice, hushed, but hopeful. "No...but I'm looking forward to the opportunity."

"Next time, we can go to my quarters--and you'll get it."

THE END