THE GRAND ILLUSION

By Juls Heath

RATING: NC17 for m/m sex, violence and rape

FEEDBACK AT: juls@texas.net

PAIRING: Data/multiple

SUMMARY: The bridge crew has been abducted, imprisoned, and Data is out of control.



The Grand Illusion
by Juls Heath



Picard awoke to stuffy air streaming through his nose and filling his scorched lungs. He sat up in panic, slow and groggy, aware even through his haze that he was not on the Enterprise. A dozen or so of the bridge crew that had been on duty when the choking gas started filling the deck were scattered around him, still unconscious. Picard's eyes located Data. He was slumped in a corner with Riker. Whatever happened had effected the android, too.

When the Captain stood, he was abruptly hit with waves of nausea and dizziness. The agent that knocked them out had been a nasty one. He hit the floor about the time he realized he was falling, where he passed out again.

An undetermined time later, he heard the sounds of a woman calling for help. The same thing had apparently stirred Riker, who was struggling to his feet as fast as he could. Picard stared through the dimly lit room -- no, he saw it was actually a cell - to find the source of the cries. Stepping carefully over the bodies of those who were not yet revived, they soon discovered the reason for her distress.

Data had her hands pinned above her head and was lying naked on top of the struggling woman, raping her.

"Data!" Picard snapped through numb lips.

"What the Hell are you doing?" Riker followed without pause as both advanced on the second officer and the helpless ensign.

Data froze at the sound of their voices and turned to glare at his commanding officers. The look on his face made the Picard's breath catch in his throat. He was angry, and as deadly serious as Picard had ever seen him.

"Leave me alone or I will hurt her. And then, I will hurt you."

Picard stopped where he stood and held out a hand, a signal to Riker to back off. Data smiled -- an eerie, cold smile -- before turning his attention back to Ens. Wells.

He continued ravaging her, and grabbed a handful of her silky hair, his fingers twining it into tangles.

"Please, Commander, you're hurting me."

"You're fighting me," he chimed in a singsong manner. "Stop it. Now," he ordered sharply.

"Okay, okay...” she said, relaxing as much as possible under the circumstances. "I'll do whatever you want." He released her arms, but held her tightly to his body. Shoving in deeply, he studied her reaction to each movement. She no longer tried to push him away, which was why he'd pinned her hands in the first place. He smiled antagonistically at her.

"Now, isn't that better?" he asked encouragingly, just like he expected her to say yes. However, his attitude changed slightly as she calmed, and he seemed more intent on taking pleasure than terrorizing a helpless victim.

"Captain, we can't just let this go on," Riker whispered, tense and ready to spring.

"He could kill her if we interfere," Picard warned.

"And I will..." he said casually, never even slowing down, then continued to apparently ignore the on-lookers.

Picard pulled Riker to the other side of the room, where they had a chance of not being overheard by Data. A recovering lieutenant joined them. Holding her pounding head, she was none the less ready to assist them with any plan they might devise.

"There's obviously something wrong with him. Whatever was used on us somehow effected him, too. I don't think he's in control of his actions. He's even using contractions."

"I don't care if he's responsible or not. We can't let this go on!" Will protested angrily.

"We can't fight him on a physical level, Number One. All of us combined are no match for Data!" Picard insisted. "Our only hope is to reason with him."

Riker appraised the situation with a quick glance.

"He doesn't appear very susceptible to reason right now."

Data's breath was heavy and rapid. His head tossed rhythmically from side to side as his movements became more intensified. His thrusts were being punctuated by the ensign's involuntary groans on each in-stroke, but other than that, the young woman was handling herself with remarkable bravery.

Two more crewmembers joined them to find out what was wrong with Data and what could be done about him. Without any type of weapon, there was very little that could be done to overpower him. The most they could hope for would be to try to get him to release the hostage.

"This may not go on much longer," Picard observed grimly. “He seems…ready. Perhaps then, he will be more rational.”

"And what then, Sir?" Hanson asked as he arrived with the remaining two officers. He had an excellent point. Even if Data released Wells, he would remain a threat until whatever caused this had been repaired. After a moment, Picard released a long, regretful sigh.

"We've got to find a way to deactivate him. That's our only option. He probably knows we'll be trying to do exactly that, and will be guarding himself against that possibility. We're going to need some kind of distraction."

"I'd like to distract him!" Willoughby whispered coldly.

"Enough!" Picard voiced strongly. "I understand your sentiments, but Commander Data is quite obviously ill. Everyone who has served with him vouch for his character!" There were several reluctant nods around the circle. "Now, let's see what can be done to help them both."

A hushed chorus of Aye, Sir was broken by noise from the other side of the room. Wells started sobbing again, quietly this time, but sufficient to tell that he was hurting her. Even without a feasible course of action, Picard had to make non-interference a direct order. Just when Picard feared they might all mutiny and charge the android anyway, a final thrust and a jagged sigh signaled that the next stage of negotiation was about to begin. If he couldn't stop the situation, now was his opportunity to slow things down. Perhaps he could regain some control by switching the direction of attack.

"Lieutenant, try to come up with a distraction. Stay over here unless I call for you. That's an order!" he cut in above protests. "Will, come with me. He won't feel as threatened if there are just two of us."

Riker followed Picard to the other side of the holding area, glad to finally be doing something! As Picard neared them, he heard Data tell Wells,

"You may go now, unless you would prefer to stay. I could make you very happy, if I wanted to.”

Picard had never heard Data’s voice darkened by the frosty sting it held when he dismissed her. Whatever had happened to Data, he was getting as much pleasure from the cruelty of his actions as from the rape itself! He indicated she could go, but then held her hand in an unbreakable grip. The hint of a smile touched the corner of his lips when she tugged. When she saw the taunting leer, she pulled harder, instinctively trying to retreat from her tormentor. This incited his satisfied laughter, and took her near hysteria as she pulled against him with all her strength. He let go. She tumbled across the floor with the unexpected release.

He laughed at her as she got to her feet and scrambled into the waiting arms of Commander Riker. Riker stared at him in undisguised fury as he tried to calm her. After learning that most of the damage to Wells was from emotional trauma, Picard marched the remaining distance to confront Data. The android was lying on his back, one leg hiked across the other in a casual pose. To all appearances he was calmly sleeping, like nothing had happened.

"Data!" Picard snapped.

His eyes popped open at the mention of his name, full of a terror all their own. Had he only just now become aware of what he'd done? He began trembling and squeezed his eyes tightly closed.

"I... I..." he tried to speak, but was unable to do more than stammer.

"Data," Picard said his name a bit softer this time. Despite his rage, he found himself feeling sorry for Data. He couldn't be held accountable for what he couldn't control. "Why did you do that?" His tone begged for a plausible explanation.

"Is...has Ensign Wells been injured?" he managed at last.

"Yes," he said gravely. "Data...why?"

"I could not help...help myself..." he said as his hands covered his eyes. He could not look Picard in the face. "Captain, you must deactivate me. I am malfunctioning." Data rolled over to expose his back. "You know where the switch is, Sir." Picard glanced at Riker, who motioned for several others to gather around them, ready to back up Picard. Riker nodded and the Captain cautiously reached down to deactivate the android.

At the moment of contact, a charge of current ran through his body. He yelled as the air was pushed from his lungs by the shock, and he discovered he couldn't break the connection. Will flew through the air, knocking him away and managing to get a pretty good jolt himself.

Data had remained unmoving throughout the entire ordeal, completely submissive. He stared at them now, appearing stunned by what had happened. Picard's head hurt and his teeth ached. His hands were also quite numb. Other than that, he thought himself to be unharmed. Riker helped him to his feet and he slowly approached Data again.

"It appears that you can't be turned off," Picard said severely.

"You cannot stop me?" he asked, turning the phrase over in his mind.

"You cannot stop me." It was not a question this time. Then he sought Picard’s eye, a wicked smile snaking across his blank features. Before anyone could so much as say, `watch out', Data was on his feet and had Picard by the throat. "You cannot stop me," he said with renewed threat, "and I cannot stop myself. I have no wish to." He turned his attention on Riker, who had been edging closer in an attempt to rescue his captain.

"Don't do it, Mister. You don't have a chance." The look on Data's face left Riker with absolutely no doubt that he would snap Picard's neck, and it halted him midstride.

"That is better," he said, clearly in control again. He looked Riker up and down, ogling him appreciatively. "Take off your clothes." Riker looked stricken. "Take off your clothes, or I will fuck the Captain in front of everyone," he threatened, stroking Picard's baldhead with his free hand. Then he glanced back at Riker and added in a joking manner, "You know I'm not bluffing."

Indeed, he was not. His actions over the last hour had convinced Riker that Data had lost his mind. He pulled off his shirt, lips tight, defiantly eyeing the android. The rest of his clothes were soon on the floor and Will stood in front of him, naked. He had noticed Data becoming erect while he stripped.

"I do not believe I have seen you without your clothes since I received my emotion chip. What a difference a little programming can make."

Riker was a handsome man by most human's standards -- by his, as well, he
was discovering. "Come closer," he demanded.

"Release the Captain and I will."

"Do not try to bargain with me. Come here, now."

Picard had remained quiet since he'd been hoisted from his feet. Data's tight grip around his throat had prevented him from speaking, but now that he was giving Riker most of his attention, the vise had loosened a bit. He made another attempt, this time choking out,

"Data, please stop this and I will cooperate with you. Leave the others out of it and I'll willingly reciprocate."

"What makes you think reciprocation is what I desire?" His stare was glacial.

"Then I will fight you. I'll act in any manner you wish if you will keep this between you and me.

"Captain, don't," Riker protested.

"That's right, Captain. Don't," he echoed Riker's warning and squeezed back down on Picard's throat, knowing exactly how much pressure he could apply and keep him alive. Riker advanced as he had requested. The frigid glare of his eyes was an icy response Data's cold expression.

"What do you want me to do?" He was prepared to endure any kind of torture to save the Captain's life. What Data said surprised him.

"Fuck me," he ordered.

Riker blinked. For a moment he thought he'd heard him wrong. To make matters even worse, under such circumstances, he wasn't real sure he could...respond accordingly.

"Come on. I know you know how."

"Well, wait a minute. I can't just jump on you and do it! I have to prepare."

"Ah. I guess I do have the advantage over you in that area," he crowed. "All right, Commander, stimulate yourself." He watched impatiently as Riker began to fondle himself. He was so conscious of others around him that he had no reaction, even though most everyone was going to great efforts to make themselves look otherwise occupied.

"You must need help," Data said at last, tired of waiting.

He reached between Will's legs and started caressing the uncooperative organ. It only took a moment until he started to respond, growing long and thick from Data's relentless attention. Data made a sound of approval and pulled Riker down to his knees with an insistent tug, taking Picard to the floor with them. He then knelt down with his backside to Riker, leaning his body over the captain. Riker still seemed reluctant.

"Do it or lose it," Data said harshly.

Riker complied.

"Oh yes, that's nice...” He pushed back hard against Riker. After a few long strokes, he ripped Picard's shirt open, baring his chest. He rubbed his skin against him, delighting in the way it felt. He absently started playing with a nipple. Picard squirmed and looked away.

"Now I understand why you were so anxious to cooperate with me," he whispered softly into his captain's ear. "You should have told me years ago." A hand slithered down Starfleet pants to massage Picard's hard cock.

Riker, angered by what he was seeing, was now slamming into Data. He found himself wanting to hurt him, even though it was quite impossible. Still, he tried and Data was delighted. The harder the impacts, the more excited he became. Riker was playing right into Data's hands, and knowing it didn't help one bit.

Data let his mouth roam over the captain's chest, lapping and nibbling. The other hand wrapped around his own cock. A penis in each hand and Riker's up his ass was almost more than he could stand! He wanted to delay his orgasm and extend this exquisite pleasure as long as possible. He had waited for an opportunity such as this for years!

"I want you to cum, Commander," he ordered.

"This isn't exactly what I'm used to," -- 'asshole!' he spit through clenched teeth.

"This isn't exactly what I'm used to," he mocked. "Perhaps you had better get used to it, then. I like it!"

"Damn you, Data!" He wanted to rip right through him. How could he be doing this to his friends, his captain? What was it going to take to end this madness? And why couldn't he come?

He shut his eyes and started trying to pretend that anything else was going on. He tried to forget that their lives and perhaps his own manhood depended on an orgasm. He imagined the smell of sweet perfume replacing the stale air in the cell that held them. He slid his hands over hips that were slender and soft enough to be a woman's. He fantasized about the tender words and actions that he normally exchanged during sex. He felt it all starting to work. He began pulling Data to meet him and his breath felt hot as it stirred past his lips.

Data felt the added heat inside him as Riker ejaculated. It was the last bit of stimulation he could take. He stood on his knees and aimed carefully. He saw the milky fluid splatter across Picard’s belly. Then his eyes closed in response to the feedback loop that created his orgasm, unable to process any further information.

Riker was shrinking fast and pulled out once he saw Data had finished. This seemed to piss Data off. An arm flew back and grabbed Riker by the beard. He yanked him forward and suspended him above the captain.

"Lick it up!" he demanded.

That was the final blow. He'd had all of this he was going to take! If Data killed him, at least this would stop.

"No!"

"Do it!" he said, vising the back of his neck, pushing him towards Picard's abdomen.

"I said, no!" He struggled as Data forced him further down.

"Data." It was Picard's imposing voice that drew his attention. When Data looked, Picard was swirling a finger around in the liquid, then put it in his mouth. The anger on his face was replaced by a spreading grin of acceptance. He tossed Riker aside once Picard showed his willingness to provide adequate amusement.

"Go on, Riker. I think the Captain is becoming restless."

Data stared at his captain as he dipped his tongue in his own cum and presented his mouth for Picard to suck on. He would find out exactly how far the he was willing to carry this benevolent attitude. Apparently, however far as it was required he go.

His lips parted as he agreed to Data's demand. What would he not do to spare his crew? This thought evoked a tender response from Data and he turned it into a gentle kiss. In an offer of concession, he lapped up the rest of his ejaculation from Picard's body, enjoying the way it tasted when mixed with the human's sweat.

"My captain, to whom I have pledged my loyalty -- did you ever think I would be showing you my devotion in this manner?" he asked as he rolled them over, coming to a rest on their sides. He pulled Picard's pants down and brushed the hard cock with a finger. It jumped at the slight touch, and Data inhaled sharply with delight. "Oooo," he crooned in amusement, repeating the action.

"I would have preferred other circumstances," Picard answered tersely.

"As I said, you should have mentioned it sooner and perhaps none of this would have happened." He rolled onto his back and pulled Picard into place above him. "It would have taken no more than a word, or an order, and I would have been yours." He drew Picard in close, holding him in a steeled embrace. Data leaned up for a kiss, but stopped millimeters short of his lips. The breath of his whisper swept over Picard's mouth when he spoke. "Now, I'm giving the orders." He paused again before he said, "Take me, Sir!" He closed his lips on the kiss.

****

Riker had gathered the rest of their party into a corner. He was keeping their thoughts occupied with a conference about what might have happened to Data, options on handling the problem, and how they might escape this cell. Only Number One remained turned where he could keep an eye on the Captain, making sure that Data didn't injure him. Picard stayed calm throughout, and Data seemed to respond favorably to his disposition. What was happening between them looked more like making love than the violence and control he’d seen unleashed on Ensign Wells.

When they finished, he saw Data embrace Picard, instead of simply dismiss him. Whatever had happened to him, Data's respect for the captain was still present on some level. Perhaps that would be the way for them to reach him. Picard got up, re-dressed and head their way. Riker rose to meet him and Data scooted to a far wall. Sitting cross-legged, he stared at them intently, looking quite pleased with himself.

"Are you alright, Sir?"

"Yes. I'm fine. Thank you for preserving my dignity, Will,” he said with a nod towards the assembly in the corner. He tugged on the remains of his tattered shirt and it almost came off in his hands. He joined them at the circle where they held a briefing, updating Picard on the status of their situation.

"There doesn't appear to be an entrance. I can only assume we were transported here, Sir," Johannas reported.

"What about food or water?"

"The holding area seems to be completely empty aside from us and what came with us," Willoughby informed him.

“If whoever has done this doesn't have plans to feed us..." Riker trailed off.

"...then our stay here will be short-lived," Picard concluded.

They had exchanged only a few ideas when Data started whistling -- to perfection! There was only one explanation for this, and it answered everything! Picard jumped to his feet and Riker was on his heels.

The android laughed when he saw that they'd realized who he was, then raised a fingernail and pressed a button within. He disappeared in a flurry of sparkles. A moment later, Data appeared in the same spot, his uniform crumpled and torn. He had evidently been treated in much the same way they had, if not considerably worse. His head was hanging and his eyes were averted to the floor. He was mortified.

Picard hurried to help him; Riker kept a more respectable distance.

"Data, are you all right?"

"Yes, Captain," he said softly. "And the others?"

"We're okay, I think."

"He forced me watch on a monitor," Data offered. "I am aware of what has transpired here. I am so sorry, Sir."

"It's not your fault, Data, but where did he come from? How did he get reassembled?"

"I do not know, Captain."

Picard steadied Data with an arm and they returned to the circle of curious onlookers. Most of the people in this cell had never met Lore. Picard explained how Data's brother had been the aggressor the entire time. Data remained unusually quiet, listening to them discuss the incident. With his head drooping, no one could see as the smile spread across his face.

He had pulled it off!

It just had to be more exciting for him to pretend to be Lore than for Lore to pretend to be him. And no one would ever find out...

*****

Data's eyes popped open and he sat up with alarm. He looked around his quarters, relieved to find himself there. It had been such a frighteningly realistic dream that he found it necessary to check the imprint of the ship's warp field on his positronic net to make sure the incident could not have occurred, that he had never be away from the Enterprise.

"Computer, lights."

When the lights came on, he found the source of the dampness on his bed. He had heard of this happening with humans, but it had never happened to him before. He threw himself out of the bed and cleaned everything up, tantamount to disposing of the evidence.

It wasn't long before he found himself pacing his quarters in anxiety, trying to analyze the meaning behind his dream. This was one he could never discuss with anyone. His guilt over having such ideas enter his thought processes would ensure that he never be allowed that disclosure, not even to Counselor Troi.

He wound up standing in front of the mirror. As he looked at the identical image before him, he could not help but wonder who was staring back...


juls Heath
(C) 1997



I've made an illustration to show here, but I don't yet know how to capture the image. So you'll have to do it in your minds: Picture (a display I made with the figurines) a mirror without a glass; Data is on one side and Lore on the other. Data is reaching in disbelief towards the pane, and Lore is reaching back to complete the illusion. Anyway, that's what is supposed to go here.

DISCLAIMER: Star Trek is mine, all mine, do you hear? I came up with the whole idea one night in a dream. Then I told my good friend, Gene, about it, and the next thing I knew, Paramount owned it!