Title: Temptation

Author: Natasha

Email: natasha@kyxar.fr

Fandom: Star Trek: The Next Generation / First Contact the movie.

Rating: R, m/f, Will Riker/Deana Troi

Summary: Takes place during ST: First Contact.
What if, instead of being sent on Earth, Will and Deana have had to face the Borg Queen, especially if the Queen has been tempted to mate with Riker? If Will's love for Deana have been the last chance for Enterprise and Earth?

Note: in this story, Will and Deana were never lovers, only colleagues and friends until now. No Imzadi in this universe.

Disclaimer: All ST:TNG, First Contact things belongs to their respective authors, they're not mine, I just borrow them for a bit of fun.

Archive: yes

Thanks to Nikki, my beta-reader

 

=*=*=*=*=*
TEMPTATION

By Natasha

When Will Riker, First Officer of the Enterprise, opened the steel doors that he knew would lead him to the Borg Queen, his worst nightmare took shape in front of his eyes.

Deana Troi was bound to a metallic, vertical table, and she was struggling in her iron bonds. Picard was at her side, bound and helpless, too, as well as Data. In front of them stood the Borg Queen herself. Two Borgs immediately surrounded Will.

"Commander Riker," she welcomed him with a smile. "You were the one I expected."

Will raised his weapon but Picard ordered him, "Drop it, Number One. It's useless."

Will obeyed, letting his weapon drop to the ground where a Borg immediately took it away from him.

"Data has just programmed the Enterprise to be destroyed, Commander," the Borg Queen said.

Will's throat tightened but he said in a firm voice, "And I entirely approve the motion. We'll perhaps die, but you'll die with us!"

"Will," she whispered in a voice that was seducing in its own way, "you allow me to call you Will?" He shrugged. "We're not going to die. I know you know how to disable the self destruct codes. And you're going to do it."

"Never!" he simply said.

The Borg Queen didn't lose her smile. "I could torture this female in front of you, but I know you'll resist. You were well trained, Will."

Will thought she was wrong. If she began to hurt Deana, he didn't know what, between his sense of duty or his love for the counsellor, would win.

She motioned to a Borg behind Will and before he could react a needle was sunk into his neck. He opened the mouth to yell a desperate plea.

He didn't want to become a Borg.

"Don't worry," the Borg Queen said, "it's only a human drug. A drug of truth. You're going to see the world like it is, Will. You're going to face your most secrete desires. You're going to do, for the first time, what you really want to do."

"I'm perfectly happy and free like I am," Will replied in a confused voice as the drug hit his nervous system.

"Really?" the Borg Queen said with irony. "So why is a so worthy officer still First Officer instead of being the Captain of a ship? Why a so charming man is still single when the woman he loves is just beside him?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about!" Will replied.

But his thoughts were more and more confused. She was right. He should be the Captain of a ship, now. He had the experience, the courage, and the knowledge.

"Face reality, Will," the Borg Queen said, coming in front of him, stroking his cheek very gently. "You should be in Picard's place. You should command the Enterprise. You should have Deana Troi as your wife. But you have always been too shy, too unconfident, for daring to take the right decisions. I offer you all that you've always wanted, Will!"

Will closed his eyes for a brief moment. The drug was now fully in his blood and he knew that his brain wasn't working well.

"Go to Hell!" he said in a thick voice. He had the feeling he was drunk.

"I offered Picard to be my companion, to reign beside me," the Queen said,"but that stubborn human refused. I made a mistake. He wasn't the right companion for me. His duty is too sacred for him." She paused and stroked Will's cheek again. "You're the right companion for me. Join me and we'll reign together!"

Will swallowed hard. He was unsteady on his legs and he put a hand on the next Borg's shoulder. He looked at Picard who looked back at him trying to send him strength to resist the Borg Queen.

Will fought as hard as he could. The drug was like a powerful alcohol, and he blinked, breathing slowly. Part of his mind thought that the Queen Borg was right. He had been desperately stupid to refuse all the commands he had been offered. He should have the Enterprise. He should have told to Deana how much he loved her since he had seen her for the first time. He should.

But the other part of his mind knew that he didn't care about grades and honors. He was happy on the Enterprise, he loved Picard as a father, he loved the ship as his home, and he didn't want to be the captain of another ship. And Deana. He was the only one responsible if they were only friends. He should have talk to her sooner. He would do it if they went through that deadly situation without damage.

He breathed deeply and rubbed his forehead. Suddenly the drug didn't seem that powerful. He could fight it. He filled his mind with the recent images of the XXIst century Earth he had seen recently; Cochran and its vessel; the First Contact to come. Cochran's vessel. He had touched it with his hands, for Chrissake! He had touched the legend! He had met a legend. The First Contact was about to take place, changing forever the fate of Earth and he was there, whining about his destiny.

Deep in his soul of a human being, something that the Borg Queen could never understand, he found out the strength to fight her and her species. Machines. Only machines. It reminded him an old movie of the end of the XXst century. Machines ruled the world. The Borg Queen was only a machine. He shouldn't think otherwise or he would die. And suddenly he hid a smile. He had a plan that could work. He looked at Deana and blinked to her, as to say to her not to worry.

He turned to the Queen Borg, playing the drugged man, deprived of his will. "If I become one of yours," he said to the half-human, half-robot woman, "what will I have?"

"I told you," the Borg Queen replied. "You'll reign beside me. And you'll have this female for your amusement. And the Enterprise."

Will knew she was lying, of course. He had to make believe that he could accept, but not too fast. "I'm tempted," he articulated in a thick voice. "I'm very tempted. But I have conditions."

"I'm listening," the Borg Queen smiled.

"I want the Enterprise for me, and only me," Will said, looking around him. "And I want Deana as a human, not as a Borg."

"Granted," the Borg Queen accepted.

She was a good liar, Will noticed. But she had her weakness. He knew how he was going to destroy her. He had it in his pocket. Thanks to God, he hadn't had time to change his XXIst clothes to his usual uniform.

He came in front of Deana and stroked her cheek. Eyes in eyes, he tried to tell her they were going to win.

"I accept," he said to the Queen Borg.

"No, Will, don't do that!" Deana shouted. "Don't listen to her. Resist, Will! I love you!"

Will was deeply moved by Deana's words. Deana loved him like he loved her. God, he was gifted! His will to survive and to destroy that Borg nightmare grew stronger.

"The Contact!" the Borg Queen suddenly exclaimed, looking at a control screen. "Cochran's ship!" She faced Will. "Prove your loyalty and destroy it! Then deactivate the codes!"

Will nodded. He quickly entered a code in the machine and two torpedoes were launched.

"Will!" Deana shouted. "You're destroying everything!"

Picard was desperately fighting against his bonds. "Will, you're not yourself. She's a demon. She's lying. She'll never give you anything, only pain and suffering!"

Only Data was silent. The android was observing the scene.

The Borg Queen smiled. "Too late, Picard. Will, deactivate the codes."

Again Will nodded and came near the board. "I need your help," he said to the Borg Queen. "Come here."

Will took a little microprocessor in his pocket. "I programmed that a long time ago, and I hope it's going to work."

"What is it?" the Borg Queen asked, frowning.

Will paced in front of Picard and Deana. "My personal insurance to stay alive even if the madman who leads that ship is assured of its destruction. It cancels the destruction codes." He faced Picard. "I know you were the kind of guy who would lead us to death for honor and that other kind of shit. I want to live, Captain. I love life more than honor." He faced the Borg Queen again, hoping his little tirade had convinced her. "But it's not going to work that easily, and we lack time. If you incorporate it in your cyborg body, you could make him work and deactivate the codes."

The Borg Queen looked at the small piece of nanotechnology and then at Will. The First Officer whispered, "I don't want to die. I always thought that the stupidest thing in the world was the captain sinking with his ship. I want to live. To have all I ever dreamt to have!"

The Borg Queen looked at the torpedoes that were approaching their target and smiled. "You're going to be a good regent, Will," she said, taking the microprocessor. She opened a little panel in her cyber-arm and plugged the processor to her body. "What's the..." she began. Then she stopped and her eyes opened wide.

She screamed in pain and collapsed on the ground, her body violently shaking. All the Borgs around her did the same. Will knelt beside the Queen. She was dead. He got up and freed Data with difficulty.

"Deactivate the codes and make sure the Borgs are really destroyed."

"Yes, Sir," Data obeyed, entering the right codes. "What about the torpedoes?"

"They'll miss their target for a few thousand kilometers," Will whispered. "Well, I hope so. We'll soon know.

"It missed it, Sir," Data said, looking at the screen. "Congratulations. Even drugged, humans are able to do great things."

"Thank you."

Data freed Picard and Deana. The counsellor rushed toward Will and took him in her arms as he nearly collapsed.

"Will, let me tell you that I never doubted you," Picard said. "I knew you would succeed!"

"Thank God I didn't leave that old gizmo on Earth," Will muttered, feeling good in Deana's arms.

"What was that microprocessor?" Data asked.

"An old thing from the XXIst century," Will explained. "I found it on Earth. One of their first tries with nanotechnology, and a failure. There was a virus in that microprocessor."

************

Worf was entering the room with one weapon in each hand and dropped them to grab Will as he half-fainted. He heard Deana telling, "Bring him to his quarters, Mr Worf. I'll take care of him."

He wanted to speak to Deana, to tell her how he loved her, too, but suddenly he realized she had said that only to stop him, to make him refuse the offer of the Borg Queen, and he nearly sobbed in frustration and anger.

"He's really sick," Picard said with concern. "Tell Crusher to check him out."

***************

He barely remembered how he got back to his quarters. He saw in a dream Beverly beside him. She was smiling. "The drug is fading from his body. He just needs a bit of sleep."

Will realized she was speaking to Deana. When the blond woman left he growled to the counsellor, "Leave me. I want to sleep."

He got up to his feet, feeling uncomfortable. His body was covered with sweat and he wanted to take a shower. Ignoring Deana, he went to the bathroom and stayed long minutes under a cold spray of water that cleared his mind a bit. He stepped out of the shower, wrapped himself in his blue, silky bathrobe and headed to the bedroom. Deana was still there.

"I already told you to leave," he growled. "It's an order."

"Really?" Deana replied, absolutely not impressed. "So I disobey."

Will wanted to push her out of his quarters but he barely had time to lean against the wall, suddenly weak. Deana was immediately against him, supporting him. He leaned against her, and to his embarrassment, his body reacted to the soft and warm female body against his. His member hardened and he knew Deana was aware of it.

"I apologize," he whispered, confused. "It's probably the drug."

Deana laughed. "Or perhaps it's just because you're happy to see me!"

She helped him to his bed and he slid between the fresh sheets. She handed him a glass of brown liquid.

"Iced tea with a bit of lemon," she said. "Your favorite."

"Thank you," Will said, taking the glass. "You're a mother for me."

"I hope you don't have this kind of reaction when you hug your mother," Deana joked. "Or you need to see a shrink."

Will smiled in spite of himself and put the empty glass on the nightstand. "Leave me now, Deana. I'm really tired and I want to sleep."

She nodded. Will lie down and closed his eyes. Seconds later he was deeply asleep.

*************

Still half asleep, Will stretched and was surprised to feel a very naked and very female body beside him. He smiled in his sleep, thinking he had an erotic dream. His member was hard, and the body against him seemed very real. He knew he would soon wake up and find himself alone; he knew he would then been a bit disappointed before giving himself release.

Keeping his eyes closed, not wanting to awake now, he stroked the delicious curbs and plains of Deana's body. He knew he was dreaming of her. He recognized her perfume. The Deana of his dreams unfastened his bathrobe's belt and helped him to strip. As if it was the most natural thing in the world, Will made her lay under him and entered her, sliding into her wet channel, thrusting slowly, tasting her lips as he was making love to her,his hands stroking her full breasts.

In minutes they reached the peak of their lovemaking and they came at the same time, moaning. They kissed again and Will slid back into a deep sleep.

He loved erotic dreams.

*************

A buzz woke him, making him growl. He pushed the button and muttered, "Yes?"

"Picard. May I come in?" the captain's voice asked.

Will opened the door and sat up in the bed, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He felt good. Picard came in then smiled.

"I was wondering how you feel," he said, "but I'm totally reassured. I leave you. Briefing in two hours. By the way, the Borg ship is destroyed, the First Contact had taken place and we're back in our time, all that thanks to you. Will, you're a hero."

Will frowned, unsettled. He had rarely seen his captain smiling like that. He frowned again when he found out he was naked. He was rather sure he had fell asleep clad into his bathrobe. He looked in the bed and his jaw dropped opened.

Deana was peacefully asleep beside him, her beautiful nakedness barely concealed by the thin sheet. Will shook his head to clear his mind. Then he shook Deana without too much gentleness.

"Deana, what the Hell are you doing here?"

Deana opened her eyes, and smiled to him. "My, we're grouchy today," she laughed.

"Deana, I'm serious here. What are you doing in my bed, and naked?"

"I always sleep naked," the Betazoid woman replied, sitting up in the bed. "When you told me to leave, I stayed a bit to be sure you were right. You began to moan in your sleep; you had a nightmare. So I came near you and I hugged you to calm you down. I was tired and too warm. So I undressed and I fell asleep. That's all."

"And why am I naked?" Will whispered more for himself than for Deana. Then he remembered his erotic dream and exclaimed, "Oh my God!"

"It seems we made love," Deana said, rubbing her thighs together. "I'm a bit sticky. I wasn't sure I was awake or asleep but it was so good I didn't want to know." Deana knelt on the bed and framed Will's bearded face in her delicate hands. "Why are you so upset, Will? Usually you take things more lightly."

"We made love, for Chrissake!" Will exclaimed. "I... For me, to make love to a woman means something. Deana, I love you! I know you don't feel the same about me, but I love you! I always have!"

"I told you I loved you. When that Borg Queen tried to tempt you." She sighed. "When she touched you, when she offered you to reign at her side, I got jealous and I realized how important you are to me, how much I loved you. I swore to myself that if we got through that ordeal alive, I'd tell you."

************

Will stayed silent. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. "You love me?" he asked in an incredulous voice.

Deana nodded and kissed him on the lips. He hugged her and kissed her back, his tongue stroking her lips until she parted them with a moan. Their tongues found each other, tasting, stroking, and playing until they were breathless.

"I love you, Deana," Will panted. "I always have. I thought you told that just to help me when I was fighting the Borg Queen."

Deana shook her head and smiled. "Nope. I was telling the truth." She wanted to erase these bad memories and she asked, "Tell me, Will, have you ever dated a Betazoid?"

"No," he laughed, "why?"

"I'm sure you're going to love some of our customs!"

"Like?" he asked, frowning.

"When we marry, everybody at the ceremony is naked!" Deana said, sliding out of the bed in her birthday suit, heading to the shower.

Will's jaw dropped open and he exclaimed, following her. "Hey, you're joking, aren't you? Deana?" He watched her disappear under the steam of hot water. "Deana, you aren't serious? Naked? Hey, what if we marry on Earth? Deana?"

 

THE END