Questions And Answers

by Omega

Disclaimer: Paramount and Viaborg own the Boys, the ship, and the entire Trekiverse. I'm only borrowing their toys for a little while. The song verse comes from "I Vow to Thee, My Country."
I'm not making any money off of this thing, so don't sue me, k?


Personal Disclaimer: This deals with the afterlife. I'm assuming that the Enterprise is there as well as the Boys. After all, Kirk and company would never be content flying around space in a passenger liner or something.


Archive: ASC(EM), BLTS, and personal. Anywhere else, ask first.


Series: TOS


Rated: You Decide


Codes: K/S, T'Pau


Summary: After dying, Spock is questioned by T'Pau about why he chose Kirk as his t'hy'la. Afterwards, he and Kirk squeeze in a little TLC.



Questions and Answers
by Omega


Spock walked down the sunny street, peering through the many windows that adorned the small shops and markets. He found it to be quite remarkable that so many beings, beings that had been mortal enemies, were now living in complete harmony.

//Perhaps this is what you refer to when you talk of ‘heaven', t'hy'la,// Spock thought to Kirk through their bond.

An amused ripple of laughter came back to him. //Not exactly, t'hy'la. I was referring to *you*.// The Bond slowly faded as each continued his own explorations of the city; for once they decided to do it apart.

Spock continued to wander down the street. So deeply was he immersed in his observations that he did not notice the figure approaching him.

A soft voice asked, "You are Spock cha' Sarek?"

Spock raised an eyebrow, easily detecting typical Vulcan restraint. He raised his right hand in the Vulcan salute. "Indeed. Live long and prosper."

The stranger raised her own hand in return, simultaneously pushing back her hood to reveal a familiar face. "Peace and long life. I am T'Pau."

"Indeed," Spock said. "I am honored, Grandmother, though somewhat...mystified. I had not expected to find you here."

T'Pau nodded. "I do not reside here, I reside in The Hall of Ancient Thought. However, I did not seek you out to discuss my well-being."

The two of them began walking slowly down the street. "May I ask why you sought me out?" Spock asked when T'Pau offered no further information.

"Of course. You are....unique, Spock. You have two worlds from which you claim heritage, and you decided to pursue your life as a Vulcan. Yet, you did not remain."

Spock detected a note of confusion in T'Pau's voice. "I did not remain because my peers did not accept me. They were not intolerant of my behavior or intellect, but of my blood." Spock breathed evenly and got his feelings under control. "The very illogic of their treatment of me, and your treatment of me, drove me away, to Starfleet."

T'Pau raised his eyebrow. "Were you.....content there?"

"In the beginning, no, I was not. I had not had any previous contact with other humans other than my mother and I was unsure how to conduct myself. I isolated myself. However, that did not last long."

"Your captain came to your ship." Said quietly.

"Indeed." Also quietly. "He, and my other shipmates, accepted me. No one else ever did. I found my home." Spock paused. "And I found my t'hy'la." Said with a distinct note of defiance.

T'Pau was silent for several minutes. "I have observed that humans...do not understand us. If I may ask, how did your relationship survive?"

Spock looked her squarely in the eyes. "Because of love."

T'Pau blinked. "That it..illogical."

"But true, nevertheless. Despite their illogical behavior, humans are very wise about certain things. Love is one of them. An excellent human writer once wrote that love surpassed all."

"Logic is all," T'Pau replied. "Emotion must be conquered or it will conquer you," she added gently.

Spock raised an eyebrow. "This particular emotion cannot be conquered. I denied my feelings for many years. I even went to Gol to try to excise my human half. I could not. My love for my t'hy'la, my friends, and half of my heritage defeated all the efforts to sunder it."

"Perhaps with more time, you would have succeeded."

"If I had remained there, Earth would have been destroyed. In any case, it is irrelevant."

T'Pau nodded, respecting Spock's opinions. She tilted her head, the faintest glow of curiosity in her ancient eyes. "Why did you choose Kirk as your t'hy'la?"

Spock met her eyes again. "Because of the unconditional love he showed me. ‘The love that asks no questions, the love that stands the test. That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best. The love that never falters, the love that pays the price. The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.'"

T'Pau nodded, finally accepting Spock's word. "Then you are fortunate to have such a mate. Live long and prosper, Spock-kam."

"Peace and long life, Grandmother." He watched while his father's mother disappeared into the twilight. He felt the familiar electric tingle come over his skin as Kirk approached him.

Kirk's face lit up with his trademark grin. "Hey there. What've you been doing."

Spock encircled his mate's waist with his hands. "Making peace with my people," he replied.

Kirk smiled. "Well, it's about damn time they accepted you."

Spock stared thoughtfully in the direction T'Pau had gone. "‘They' have not, but my grandmother has," he clarified, giving Jim his faint half-smile. "I admit to a certain....satisfaction."

Kirk lowered his voice and deliberately moved closer. "Well, that's good to hear. How about you coming back with me to the hotel," he deliberately brushed his body on Spock's, "and I give you some more satisfaction?"

Spock nodded, somehow managing to keep his face straight. "That would be acceptable, Captain."

Kirk reached and entangled his hands in Spock's thick hair. "Well, if that is, how about this?" he asked seductively, his mouth curving up before he claimed Spock's lips, utterly ravishing him. Spock passionately returned the kiss, savoring the contact. Reluctantly, though, he broke away.

"Perhaps we should resume this on the ship," he managed to say, trying to slow the thumping of his heart.

Kirk nodded, hardly able to speak. He drew out his communicator and drew a shaky breath. "Kirk to Enterprise, two to beam up."

The two men disappeared in two glittering columns of light, unaware that they were being observed. T'Pau raised her head to the sky, where the first stars were visible. *Peace and long life,* she thought and continued on her way.



--Finis--