Title: Mess Hall Discussions

Author: an

Email: annaspiegel@hotmail.com

Rating: G

Pairing: McCoy/Spock

Betas: none

Archive: If you think it is worth the effort ...

Disclaimer: I don't get any payment for stealing your time ;-) At least the story is rather short. My inspiration was a story I read in the online version of the New York Times of today.

Summary: Just a short discussion

Note: Hi everybody. This is my first attempt to write a story since more than two decades. English is obviously not my native tongue, but I hope, I make myself more or less clear. I just wrote it down spontaneously and I have to send it immediately, before I start second guessing ;-)

 

Mess Hall Discussions
by an

"I don't care, whether we are in the mess hall or not. Your arguments are simply stupid and you know that. You just can't stand the fact that I am right and insulting my ancestors won't change that".

"Doctor, I never meant to insult anybody. I merely stated facts"

"Facts? Give me a break! The Hinan bully their neighbors. They exploit them in any way possible and kill even their elected politicians who dare to have an agenda on their own. They are too arrogant to see that others might have better solutions, they don't care, whether others have to starve to guarantee them an extra helping. These blasted hypocrites even treat their own children like shit!"

"Doctor, your arguments only proof my point. And besides the parallels are really quite obvious. For example ."

"Whatever. Have a look at how they treat the weakest members of their own people and you will see."

"Doctor, please! The children we saw were delinquents. They are certainly lucky to have a chance to receive guidance".

"Guidance? These troubled children need help not punishment. Have you seen the isolation chambers? Do you really think it is okay to strip a child naked and put it in a bare room for days for minor misbehavior? Do you think it is helpful to constantly insult and hurt them and give them no help and understanding? How shall they learn to become caring, loving adults if their education is based purely on neglect, drill and brutality? How shall they ever respect adults if they are confronted with parents and lawyers stupid and heartless enough to consent to send them into hell? Their educational system seems to be based on breaking the souls of their kids. They produce criminals and nobody seems to care. For me this alone is reason enough to deny them the federation membership. They are not even worth ."

"Doctor, once again, if you really insist on these criteria, the United States of America of the early 21st century would not have had the right to apply for membership, when .".

"We are discussing the present you sorry excuse for an ill formatted computer. You of all beings should actually understand the crippling effect of ill applied education."

"As always you misunderstand our culture. Cruel behavior toward children was never part of ."

"At least you admit that they treat their children in a way not even Vulcans would allow".

"They treat them like humans treated their children not so long ago. The human race was still an important founder of the federation and therefore your arguments are obviously not well based."

"You know quite well how corrupt their political system is. Whenever the good of the many is at stake they refuse to cooperate, they cheat and manipulate the stupid or ill informed masses, their leadership is simply based on sheer wealth and gun power and you defend these bastards!"

"Once again, have a look at your own history and you will see ."

"To hell with the past. Contrary to Vulcans Humans have improved their social system. Therefore you better stop insulting my ancestors. We were at least able to learn from our past."

"So you admit that your ancestors ."

"Shut the hell up you stupid castrate .. Spock? Sorry, I did not want to .

END