Title: Kirk and Sock

Author: Farfalla

E-mail: blueberrysnail@yahoo.com

Codes: K/S, PG

Written for the 2003 Slash Advent Calendar.

Notes: This is a triple drabble (300 words), or as we in the Trek world might say, a "tribble". (Yes, you may all throw real tribbles at me for that.) And this is dedicated to the missing "P" key on my keyboard, whose disappearance left me with a difficult-to-press nub and many, many typed examples of Jim being madly in love with Sock.


KIRK AND SOCK
by Farfalla


Jim Kirk had observed as a young boy that to be wearing only socks meant one was under cozy circumstances indeed. Sock-clad feet meant that it was cold enough outside to leave them on after taking off one's shoes, but also that one was now inside where it was warm and homey and delightful in all the winter ways a Midwestern home can offer.

Right now the entire concept applied, and he was very happy with the result. He and Spock were wrapped up lazily in each other on the sofa in their San Francisco apartment. Outside, a freezing rain beat against the windows, and the skies were gray. Inside, it was toasty warm and they had a fire going. There was one in the fireplace, too.

They were both enjoying the chance to relax out of uniform. Jim wore jeans and a big fluffy sweater, and Spock had khakis and a button-down shirt. Through its sleek material, Jim felt the vitality of Spock's muscles with every inch of his hands as he ran them up and down the Vulcan's back. Their fingers were a romantic illustration of Brownian motion, traveling at random across backs, arms, shoulders, ears, hair, a cheekbone.

They had probably originally intended to carry the afternoon into the bedroom, but instead found the simple act of kissing too pleasing to alter or interrupt. Lovemaking, however skillfully drawn out, eventually ended; embracing tenderly and kissing the living daylights out of each other could last as long as they felt they needed. It recharged their intimacy.

Knowing how soon their careers would yet again temporarily separate them, they memorized the texture, look, and smell of their love. And two pairs of feet, snug in their soft black socks, played together peacefully at the other end of the couch.


end