Dr. Birch Goes On Vacation

By Scarlet

Series: TOS

Rating: NC-17

Codes: K/S/Mc

Summary: Dr. Birch goes on summer vacation with his two best friends. Sequel to "An Appointment With Dr. Birch" and "A Backlash for Dr. Birch".

Disclaimer: Paramount owns the doctor and his friends. I'm not making any money from this, even if I deserve some sponsoring from the Swedish Board of Tourism.

The Dr. Birch stories were voted best TOS challenge in The Golden Orgasms http://www.geocities.com/ASCEMGO/ 1999.

 

Dr. Birch Goes On Vacation

By Scarlet

 

Previously in the adventures of Dr. Birch:

Kirk rose, adjusting the towel around his waist. The others looked at him, questioning.

"Gentlemen, I don't think sickbay is meant to be used for this kind of activity." He paused.

"My quarters, in 10 minutes."

Three men rushed for the showers.

Eight minutes later, three men were swiftly approaching the captain's quarters.

Nine minutes later, the red alert sounded.

Two humans cursed, one Vulcan remained silent. Three men turned around and went to their battle stations.

When the galaxy had been saved once more, the captain of the Enterprise decided it was time for a shore leave. The ship returned to Earth, and its crew scattered to visit friends or relatives, attend seminars, and pursue various hobbies.

"Archaeology, Bones?" Kirk stared at the doctor in amused disbelief. "Don't you have any medical conventions to attend?"

"There is one site I've always wanted to visit," McCoy said, his blue eyes glittering with enthusiasm. "The capital of the Vikings. Why don't you come along and tread the ground of your ancestors? Kirk is a Scandinavian name, isn't it?"

"Yes, but isn't it terribly cold around there? I mean, the Vikings must have had a reason for all that travelling."

"Since when does mankind need a reason to boldly go where no man has gone before? No, the temperature is really nice this time of the year, perfect for a camping trip." McCoy winked. "But if you're afraid of the cold, we can always check into a hotel with a sauna."

"I have goosebumps already." Kirk couldn't quite suppress a lopsided grin.

Spock was easily persuaded to join Kirk and McCoy for the trip to Sweden. A shuttlecraft took them safely to Stockholm, since McCoy preferred not to use a transporter beam. From there, a small, old-fashioned boat full of tourists took them to the island that had been one of the most important places of the Viking era.

"Welcome to Bjorko," McCoy said as they stepped ashore. "Or Birka, as it was called during its heyday. In Standard, the name means -- "

"Birch Island." Spock had been doing his homework.

****

After a long, interesting day on the site, a visit to the museum, and a hearty dinner at the restaurant, the three Starfleet officers set up camp on a nearby island. No camping was allowed on Bjorko itself.

It was three weeks after the summer solstice. At 22:00, the sun was just setting, making way for the long twilight that passed for summer night in Scandinavia. The grass was long, green and soft, and the fresh air was still warm. They were surrounded by a multitude of trees: Pine, fir, maple, alder, rowan and the ubiquitous birch. Blackbirds were singing in the trees, and far away, a red fox barked.

McCoy was resting by the crackling campfire after a snack of wild strawberries. He was toying with the figurine he had bought at the museum's souvenir shop, a statuette of a man, sitting cross-legged and naked except for a helmet. He had a long beard, and an even longer, perfectly erect phallus.

"I see you brought a conversation piece." Kirk sat down next to McCoy. "Who is this fearless Viking?"

"This, my uneducated friend, is the God of Fertility. He was called Frey, which means simply 'Lord'. It's possible his true name was considered too holy to be spoken aloud."

Kirk lay down on top of the soft sleeping bag, wondering if the time had finally come to continue where they had left off in McCoy's sauna. "So -- how is this deity worshipped?"

"Funny you should ask," McCoy grinned. "I'll be happy to demonstrate, but you'll have to take your clothes off."

"Just a moment, doctor." Spock emerged from the trees, where he had been collecting firewood. He put the dry wood down neatly and sat down by the fire with the rest of his burden; an impressive bunch of long, slender birch branches, fresh from the tree, and full of little green leaves.

With a piece of string, Spock carefully tied the ends of the branches tightly together. "I did not wish to come unprepared. I, too, have studied the ancient myths of this area, and it seems the fertility rites involved the branches of the birch tree."

Kirk looked sternly at McCoy. "Is this the kind of religious celebration you had in mind, doctor?"

McCoy paled a little, clearly remembering the 'celebration' he had been treated to in the sauna. "I don't recall reading anything about birches in the context of the Frey cult -- the way I remember it, there was just a lot of drinking and wild sex."

"Perhaps we have been studying different sources, doctor." Spock inspected his work. "Yes, this will do." He rose gracefully, swinging the first Vulcan-made birch rod in history. "Captain, would you assist the doctor in the removal of his clothes?"

Kirk's grin was positively wolfish. "I don't know, Spock. He might be a little uncooperative. You better use the Vulcan Stripping Grip."

"There is no such thing, but I could easily invent one."

Spock's strong arms held McCoy tightly while Kirk stripped off the doctor's clothes.

"Unhand me, you Vulcan fiend," McCoy muttered, but the pleased tone of his voice belied his words. The naked doctor was placed face down on his sleeping bag.

"Are there any incantations to say or ceremonies to observe, Mr Spock?" Kirk asked, in a tone that he could have been using on a quiet day on the bridge.

"I believe the Vikings were men of action, Captain, not of protocol. Would you have the honor of holding the good doctor down, while I give him his favourite treatment?"

"I'd be delighted." Kirk sat down comfortably next to McCoy, who was trembling a little in spite of the warm night, and locked him in a strong embrace. "This trip was a brilliant idea, Bones," he said softly in the doctor's ear.

"I'm not so sure -- Ow! Dammit, Spock, I'm a doctor, not a dirty old mat!"

"Well, you're a dirty old man," Kirk chuckled.

"Forgive me, Doctor. I will try to apply less force."

"Mmmmgh! Damn your Vulcan strength!"

"Come now, Bones," Kirk scolded, still holding McCoy in a firm grip. "Where is your Viking spirit?"

"Nnnngh! I don't think I want to be a Viking anymore."

Spock gave the doctor a few more strokes for good measure, then put away the birch rod as McCoy tried to catch his breath. Kirk stroked the doctor's brown hair reassuringly. "It's OK, Bones. Spock and I can be the Vikings, and you can be our prisoner of war."

"This would mean that you were enslaved," explained Spock, who had indeed done his homework.

"Maybe we could take him with us on our ship -- as our cabin boy," Kirk suggested.

"Captain. The Viking ships were open, without any cabins."

"Well, I bet they still had cabin boys. Right, Bones?"

"Wait." McCoy rolled over on his back and licked his dry lips. "Jim, you can enslave me all you want, but first you have some long overdue Vulcan-seducing to do."

Kirk glanced quickly at Spock, who raised a questioning eyebrow.

"C'mon, Jim," McCoy urged. "We both heard you. 'If there's going to be any Vulcan-seducing on my ship, I'll be the one to do it.' Those were your words."

The blackbirds were still singing, and the sky was slowly darkening. A few stars were coming out. There was almost no wind, and the air was still warm.

"I understand it was important for a Viking to be a man of his word," Spock said, thoughtfully. "Although we are not aboard your ship, this may be the logical time and place for the -- actions -- the doctor is suggesting."

Kirk swallowed. "Would you like to be seduced, Mr Spock?"

"Affirmative, Captain."

"Then come here."

Dr. McCoy watched with growing excitement as the first officer walked over to his captain, who rose to meet him. Kirk put his hands lightly on Spock's arms, and then they were kissing, first tentatively; once, twice, but soon with growing passion.

Kirk stepped back for a moment, staring at Spock. Then, he took Spock's hand and pulled him down onto the sleeping bag. McCoy drew a deep breath when he saw them together on the ground, still kissing, the Vulcan's lean body on top of the muscular captain, then rolling around, until Kirk was pressing Spock into the soft, sweet-smelling grass.

"Get them off", McCoy suggested, seeing his friends' hands wandering all over each other's bodies, hungrily seeking to touch skin instead of the rough fabric of their clothes. He was pleased to find that his recommendation was followed.

"Come over here, Bones", Kirk demanded. "We're not going to leave you out."

"Not yet," McCoy answered in a thick voice. "I want to look at you." He took a sip of the good bourbon in his hip flask. This was going to be a show he would enjoy.

He continued watching as Starfleet's two best-looking officers began to make love with a desire that had been building for much too long. Their slick erections were touching, trying to find somewhere to go. McCoy pressed a small tube of jelly into Kirk's hand.

"I didn't come unprepared, either," he said.

"Spock...?" Kirk asked, but he was already applying the lubrication, and Spock was dizzy with lust, and couldn't find the words. He finally managed to whisper, "Yes, Jim -- anything -- " and the next moment, he gasped, overwhelmed with the sensation of having Kirk inside him, on top of him, pressing his thighs towards his chest, yet moving carefully, as not to hurt him.

McCoy couldn't stand it any longer. He lay down on his elbow by Spock's side, caressing the dark hair on his chest, teasing the hardened, greenish nipples and softly kissing the tip of one ear. Then, he turned and disappeared behind Kirk's back.

Kirk nearly fainted with shock and pleasure when he felt the doctor preparing him and then entering him from behind. The double stimulation was almost too intense to bear, and his grip on Spock's thighs hardened.

"S-slow..." was all he could say.

It was perfection, the way they all moved very slowly, savouring every moment, every instant of excitement, delight and wonder.

McCoy clung tightly to Kirk's strong back as he lost himself in a shattering climax. When Kirk felt the doctor thrusting violently inside him, attacking his most sensitive spot, he growled and gave in to the most intense orgasm he had ever experienced. This was too much for Spock, who stiffened for what seemed an eternity as he quietly came.

They all relaxed in a happy tangle of sweaty limbs. Later, they would go for a quick midnight swim, and arrange their sleeping bags for maximum comfort, but for now, they were content listening to each other's heartbeats.

The blackbirds had fallen silent. The sky was a shade darker, but it wouldn't be anything like the star-spangled blackness of outer space until the end of summer. Above them was the North Star, once the most important beacon for westward-bound Vikings, but not even Spock cared to discuss this.

On the ground, not far from the fire, lay a small, forgotten statuette. He was stroking his beard, and he was smiling.

 

THE END