Title: Distracted

Author: Jungle Kitty

Contact: kittyjungle@earthlink.net

Series: TOS (Star Trek: The Original Series)

Posted: 2/24/02

Codes: K/Brandt

Rating: R

Feedback: Yes, please. If you post comments to ASC, please cc: me at kittyjungle@earthlink.net

Archive: ASC and WWOMB yes, all others please ask

Summary: Admiral Kirk is working late.

Notes: This is one in a series of stories about the relationship between James Kirk and Suzanne Brandt. The others are available at my website:
http://www.invisibleplanets.com/

The Star Trek characters and universe are the property of Paramount and Viacom. This not-for-profit piece of fan fiction is not intended to infringe upon that. The copyright applies only to the author's original characters and creative content.


DISTRACTED
(c) 2002 Jungle Kitty


"Do you know what time it is?"

Kirk looked up from his computer and saw Brandt leaning against the doorjamb, one gloved hand resting against the belt of her leather coat, the other buried in a pocket. The top of her boots met the hem of the coat, presenting an unbroken line of rich brown. She had crossed one foot over the other, but there was a hint of annoyance in her otherwise casual pose.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. "I thought you said you were going home."

"I did. Two hours ago. And you said you'd be there one hour ago."

"Sorry, this took longer than I planned. I got all wrapped up in it." He turned back to at his screen and realized that the report currently displayed was the last of the list he'd been working through all day.

"Wouldn't you like to get all wrapped up in something else?"

"I have one more report. Just give me a couple of minutes." He began scanning it, unaware of Brandt picking up his nameplate as she settled against the corner of his desk.

"Admiral Kirk, Admiral James T. Kirk," she chanted quietly. "Admiral Kirk, Admiral James T.--"

"You're not helping."

"Who said I'm here to help?" She replaced the nameplate and leaned across the desk to run a fingertip along his jaw. "I'm all in leather, from head to toe. I'm here to be distracting."

"So you dressed like that for me?"

"You and the rain." She came around the desk and bent over him. "But mostly you." As she gave him a kiss that was both a tease and a promise, he was surrounded by the smell of leather. "Your
dedication to work has driven me to desperate measures."

"If you can hold off on being utterly distracting for five more minutes--" He pushed her away gently. "--I promise you'll have my undivided attention all evening."

"Well, I'll try. But I *am* all in leather."

She went to the armchair in the corner and sat down. The deep cushion moaned under her weight, and she rocked back and forth several times before settling in.

"Are you through?" Kirk had watched the "show" with a mixture of amusement and irritation.

"I'll just sit here quietly. In my leather coat. In a leather chair."

"Do that."

For the next few minutes, the only sound was that of the rain pattering against the window, and Kirk finished the report, which turned out to be blessedly routine. Signing off, he looked up and saw that she hadn't moved.

"All right," he said. "Distract me."

"You mean I haven't already?"

"I've been fighting it."

"With more success than I like to think about."

"If I hadn't finished that report just when I did, I would have crumpled." He took his jacket down off the coat hook and slipped it on. Holding out his hands, he smiled. "Leather."

"But not head to toe."

"No, not head to toe. For that, you'll have to wait until we get home."

"You've got leather pants? You've been holding out on me."

"I've been saving them for when you need to be distracted."

"I think that's right about now."

"Then let's go."

Arm in arm, they left his office and went to the turbolift. As they waited, he glanced up and down the corridor and was glad to find it deserted. Holding her close, he kissed her lips and was about to segue into a nibble when he realized something was amiss. He stepped back and ran his hand along the front of her coat.

"What are you wearing under this?"

"I was wondering how long it was going to take you to ask that." She unfastened her belt and let it hang from the loops. "I think being an admiral isn't good for you, Jim. It's distracting you from being distracted." She popped the button at her collar. "Like I told you--and this is the last time I'm going to say it--I'm all in leather. And nothing but."

She unfastened the second button. He saw a flash of pale skin as she reached for the third--

With a low chuckle, he turned her and led her back to his office, unmindful of the turbolift whooshing open behind them. The thought of leather and nothing but had left him completely and utterly distracted.


[The End]