Title: Satan's Witches Never Win

Author/pseudonym: Cappristar (Debs)

Fandom: Starsky and Hutch

Pairing: Starsky/Hutch

Rating: R

Status: Complete

Archive: Yes

Feedback: Yes

Critique: Sure

E-mail address for feedback: montedebs@aol.com

Series/Sequel: No

Disclaimers: I do this for fun, certainly not for profit. I don't own the characters, as much as I wish I did.

Notes: This is for Eileen. I hope I haven't disappointed or gotten it wrong Eileen. :)

Summary: Another week at Pine Lake gone wrong.

Warnings: Starsky gets hurt, but not nearly as badly as he could have been


Satan's Witches Never Win
by Debs


"Come on Hutch! Why not? It'll be great ta get away, just me and thee, for a few days." David Starsky was trying not to bounce like a puppy after a chicken leg around his stoic partner. "Not very often we get a whole week off, an' weekends included. That's nine whole days blondie."

With a heavy sigh, the tall blond Hutchinson replied dryly. Knowing he was about to give in, but hanging on for all he was worth. "I just don't see why we need to drive all that way Starsk. I got a lot of things I could do here in the city."

"That's just it Blintz!" Starsky grinned, also knowing his partner was about to cave in. "It's all the filth we've bin dealing with that we could use a break from. 'Sides it ain't often I volunteer ta go near the woods. After our last experience at Dobey's cabin I never thought I'd wanna see the place again."

"So why are you so anxious to go back?" Hutch sunk wearily down onto the sofa. They had worked more than fourteen hours and he was exhausted, as he ran a hand over his tired eyes. "Fishing and hiking isn't exactly up your alley, I figured you'd be more than happy to just hang around here and go bar hopping."

"We can pick up the ladies any day a the week babe." Starsky moved in for the kill. "I know how much you'd love ta go back and finish the vacation we were meant ta have back then." He all but pouted, his dark blue eyes pleading as he knelt in front of his blond.

Hutch let the cobalt capture his own lighter eyes, thinking how much he loved and would love to make love to his hyper, though oft times intense partner, wishing sadly, though deeply doubting he would ever get such an opportunity. "When do you want to leave?" He finally conceded.

"How 'bout first thing in the mornin'?" Starsky sprung to his feet, delighted he had won, even if he knew he had from the get go. How he loved this man beneath him as he gazed longingly down at the fair head, the silken strands endearingly askew. Wishing he could show his loveable lug exactly how much. A bucket of despair washed over him as he acknowledged to himself that he would never get the chance.

"Fine." Hutch pushed himself back to his feet. Standing well into his partner's space he unexpectedly gathered the slightly smaller man in a fierce hug. "I love you Gordo." Fatigue bringing his emotions dangerously close to the surface as tears welled in his eyes. "I really did want us to have a good time up there, and show you that there's nothing scary about being one with nature." He pulled back, smiling regretfully.

Starsky thought the mournful look in his blond's eyes was caused by the botched vacation they had at the cabin the last time they had been there. Never realizing, as a tingle ran up his spine from his partner's embrace, that the look was there because his Hutch didn't want to let him go. "We'll have a blast this time babe. I promise ya that I won't whine, not even once, 'bout bears or mountain lions."

"How about raccoons and owls?" Hutch cupped the handsome side of his partner's face in a large hand.

"Waddya want? The moon?" Starsky grinned back as he pressed his cheek into the warmth and then reluctantly pulled away and stepped back.

Pulling his black leather jacket back on, Hutch moved towards the door of his partner's apartment. "How about closer to noon. I'm wiped Gordo, and won't be able to pack tonight.

"Thats what I meant 'bout first thing." Starsky shot back, adoration shining in his eyes.

"You said morning. Noon is not morning." Hutch smiled back as he opened the door.

"Ya wanna quibble over semantics Hutch?" Starsky began to laugh. "Alright. I'll pick ya up at 11:58, if that'll keep ya happy."

Hutch cast him a grin that lit his soul and caused the darker man's cock to twitch in appreciation. "The morning it is then. Sleep tight Gordo, and make sure you lock up after me."

Arriving at his own place, Hutch quickly showered and crawled into bed. He lay for a long time, staring at the ceiling, analyzing how and when his feelings towards his curly haired partner had changed from that of best of friends to wanting the whole shebang. Admitting to himself that he had always, from day one, found his partner sexy. That killer butt and animal strut had always turned him on, but more with a sense of pride, until more recently, than desire. "Christ! How am I going to last a week alone with him." He muttered to the dark room. As he palmed his erection and began gently stroking himself, he thought of who he would like to have taken him in hand.

Hair still damp, Starsky lay back on his pillows, covers tossed carelessly over his lower torso and stared up at himself in the mirrored ceiling. Well ya got what ya wanted ya stupid dope. Now what are ya plannin' ta do with him for a whole week up in God's country?" The brunette asked his image as he reached under the covers and began to fondle his semi-erect dick. He brought it to full size in a matter of seconds, as he closed his eyes envisioning a fair head lowered over him. He didn't try to figure out when he wanted his partner as more than a best friend, the love had been there since the day they first met. Over the years he had met more than one man that he found desireable. Therefore he didn't try to pin point when he began to lust after his gorgeous friend, only that he had.

For once Starsky was on time, as Hutch sat on the bottom step at Venice place, guitar, suitcase and overnight bag lined up beside him. The rest of the equipment had been hastily left at the cabin after their last trip.

"Throw 'em in the back seat babe." Starsky threw the Torino in park, and said through the open passenger window. Milking in the site of his blond rising to his full 6'1", resplendent all in black. Tan construction boots and the fair hair only adding to the allure of the vision before him. "Christ! I swear he's not human." He murmured under his breath, as Hutch tossed both bags into the back seat, and reverently lay his beloved guitar case on the floor behind both the front seats.

Hutch found it hard to stop looking at his partner while settling himself in the front seat. Thinking how perfect the dark haired man looked with his shirt undone to the waist, one dark nipple visible through the soft down of his chest hair and poking into the breast pocket of the denim shirt. "Jesus! It's going to be a long week." He whispered to himself squirming uncomfortably.

"Ya seem a little outta sorts babe. Ya sleep okay?" Starsky asked as he watched the luscious mouth get a run over with a moist tongue. He almost groaned aloud as he quickly turned back to keeping the Torino on the right side of the street.

"I'm alright Starsk. Took me a little while, but I slept fine. How about you?" Hutch smiled over at him, wondering why his partner suddenly looked a little flushed.

"Same here. Took me a bit, but then slept like a baby." Starsky flashed a crooked grin back. Thinking that maybe he should tell his Blintz what he'd been doing every night lately, in order to get some Zzzz's, quickly dismissing the thought.

"Hey Starsk?" Hutch propped himself up against the door, ignoring the handle digging into his back. "I still don't understand why you want to go back to the cabin. I mean you hate camping, and I find it hard to believe you really want to go back. If you're doing it for me buddy, you really don't have to." He reached over and squeezed Starsky's neck.

Starsky tilted his head back totally enjoying the brief touch. "'M doin' this for us Hutch. That's it. That's all. We need some time alone and that's the most secluded place I could think of for us not ta have anyone bother us." His eyes flicked nervously back to the road, as he thought about how he could seduce his handsome partner and not be outright rejected. He did know that no matter what, his blond would let him down gently and not hold his feelings against him.

"Okay." Hutch pulled his hand away and shifted again, staring out the side window. He thought how he could explain how he felt to this gorgeous bundle beside him without being humiliated as soon as the words were out. The only thing keeping him from calling the trip off, was that he knew, if he did break down and tell, Starsky would hear him out and then try and convince him that he was just stressed out and over worked. When he first realized his feelings had shifted, Hutch thought that was exactly what was happening.

The rest of the ride went smoothly, the pair arrived at the cabin, this time not taking a wrong turnoff, just after eight in the evening. Starsky had been grumbling for the last few hours about how cruel Hutch was not letting them stop to grab a few burgers. Hutch did allow him to stop at a small grocers long enough for them to pick up enough supplies to get them through a couple of days, and headed off with the food to whip something up to appease his unruly brunette, leaving Starsky to bring in the rest of their belongings.

"Think you can start a fire without smashing your head on the mantel this time." Hutch called from the kitchen as he began adding onions and muchrooms to the sizzling t-bones on the stove.

"Yes smartass. I think I can manage." Starsky headed toward the fireplace. "You just hurry up in there, Whatever your makin' the smell is turnin' me wild."

Hutch didn't have time to bake some potatoes, but thought the size of the steaks would be more than sufficient to tide his, always starving, imp over for the night. Starsky hadn't seen his partner slip a couple bottles of wine in with the beer, or the steaks being to busy grabbing a few candy bars and pushing himself ahead of his partner at the counter. Uncorking a bottle, he set it on the table letting it breathe, quickly setting their places he lit a couple of candles and propped a small painting up facing his brunette against a glass. Pouring the wine he lifted the medium rare steaks. "Chows on Gordo."

It was a small battle, but Starsky had managed to get a good sized fire going. He didn't need to be told twice as he bounced toward the table. He had sat, cut off and swallowed a good chunk of meat before he finally looked up. "Whats with the picture Hutch?" A slight grin slashed up the side of his face, as he stared at the 5" by 7" of yellow carnations, noticing also the candles and goblet of wine in front of him.

"I didn't have any real flowers." Hutch mumbled keeping his eyes focused on his plate. Blushing deeply and cursing himself for letting his romantic feelings take over in the rustic surroundings.

"It sure is a pretty romantic settin' blondie." Starsky tried not to let the small dot of hope grow in his heart, excitement already building under the table. "Think maybe ya forgot who ya had up here?" He managed just above a whisper.

Hutch looked up, terror oozing from the light blue eyes. "I know exactly who is with me." He whispered tearing his gaze away from the concern in the dark eyes across from him. "Don't hate me Starsk." He added hoarsely.

Control bid a hasty retreat, as Starsky felt his heart begin to swell. Reaching over he took the knife away from his blond and held the trembling hand firmly in his own. "What are ya tryin' ta say babe."

"I wan..I want to be more than.." Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, Hutch managed to spit it out. "I want us to be more than just friends Starsk. I love you...I mean..fuck! I'm in love with you." He pulled his hand away and stood abruptly, knocking over the chair he almost tripped over it as he backed away.

"Pick up the chair Hutch, an' sit back down." Starsky didn't know how he managed to remain calm when arousal was threatening to consume him. "I'm in love with you too." He smiled gently, as Hutch stared at him in shocked disbelief.

Hutch's eyes darted everywhere, before he did as he was told and resumed his seat. He looked intently into the indigo eyes of his partner, and saw only love and desire sparkling from them, and not the ridicule he had been expecting. "You...you're..you mean you feel the same?" A huge grin lit across his face, as he took a deep breath.

Laughing Starsky raised his glass. "I don't think I've ever seen an occasion that merited a toast more than this babe." Hutch also picked up his wine and they clinked their glasses together.

"Can we?" Hutch asked, his erection was painfully trapped between his jeans and his thigh.

"We're gonna. Just as soon as we finish eatin'." Starsky half rose and leaned across the table, firmly capturing his blond's lips with a promise of what was to come.

Part 2

They managed to finish their meal, sappy grins lit both faces as they stared at each other across the table. "You really mean it. Don't you?" Hutch was still part way in denial. His cock trying to get him to stop thinking negatively.

"For a long time now." Starsky barely tasted the beef he was diligently working on, thinking only of the meat he couldn't wait to start on. "I don't know Hutch, maybe it's even bin buried from the very beginning. I gotta tell ya though, that I've bin with a man or two before. Though it's bin a long time, ya ain't gettin' a virgin." An embarrassed chuckle escaping with his confession.

Hutch also looked a little sheepish. "Me too. Well one anyway." He paused to clear his throat. "Nothing serious though, more experimental than anything else."

"Jack?" Starsky raised his eyebrows, remembering the twinge of jealousy he had felt when they met up with his blond's childhood friend in Vegas.

Hutch nodded, secretly glad that he and his ex-lover hadn't kept in contact over the years. It made his boyhood friend's death a whole lot easier to deal with. "Neither one of us was having a lot of luck with the girls at that time. I guess our hormones didn't really give a rat's ass what gender we got off on, as long as we did." He put down his utensils and smiled shyly at his partner. "I can't eat anymore Starsk. I don't think I've ever been this..I don't know..stressed out before."

"What are ya nervous about babe? It's me you're talkin' to." Starsky snorted. "'Course, my own stomach is doin' some heavy duty flippin' too." He admitted pushing his chair back and standing.

Hutch did the same and reached out a hand, Starsky took it in his own. They headed towards the double bed in the alcove in back. "Think we can just sit on the couch and maybe just touch for a while first?"

Starsky smiled and nodded his concurrence. "'M findin' the idea of us both naked, under the covers a little intimidatin' myself." He whispered. "Ta be honest Hutch I keep wantin' ta pinch myself."

"I know how you feel Starsk. Seems more than a little surreal doesn't it?" Hutch led his brunette back to the sofa in front of the fire.

At first they both sat together just gazing into each other's eyes. Hutch finally got the nerve to lean in and place his mouth tentatively over the bow shaped one of his soon to be lover. Starsky moaned, parting his lips, tracing his tongue over those of his blonds, urging Hutch to let his own moist organ come out and play. Hutch seized Starsky's face in both hands, their mouths and tongues increasing in intensity while the brunette fought to rid the blond of his t-shirt.

"Raise your damn arms!" Starsky broke away long enough to hiss, ripping the offending shirt over the fair head when the long limbs obeyed.

Quickly lowering his arms, Hutch wasn't nearly as considerate. Grabbing the collar of his partner's denim shirt he pulled hard, grunting in satisfaction as the material gave way under the force, tearing straight down the muscled back, he leaned back and tore it away from the body he'd thought he would only get to love in his dreams.

"I paid twenty five bucks for that babe." Starsky managed just before his his mouth was once again taken, pushing forward as Hutch rubbed and kneaded his chest.

"Shut up." Hutch growled moving his mouth away long enough to push Starsky back and latch onto the exposed throat just below the right ear.

"No ya don't!" Starsky bucked pushing up he reversed their positions, taking a dark nub between his teeth he began to suck as he squeezed the other.

"Ah!! Jeesus!!" Hutch threw his head back, wave after wave of pleasure electrifying his body. He pressed the curly head closer to him, thrusting his hips up. He could feel the heat of their matching hard-ons as Starsky bore his own hips down.

Gasping, Starsky forcibly pushed himself away. "We gotta get outta these jeans babe. Or I'm gonna be spillin' all over before I get ta feel ya against me."

Hutch bounded to his feet. Within seconds they were both buck naked and Starsky tripped the blond back down to sprawl on his back over the length of the sofa, without hesitation he spread himself over top of the smooth body. After a few frantic moments of groping and panting, they found the ancient rythym and began to rock in sync. The kissing stopped with the euphoria coarsing through them, heads thrown back, as they roared their completion one immediately after the other.

They lay spent, both drawing deep breaths, Hutch gently rubbing his lover's sweat slicked back, as Starsky occasionally flicked his tongue out to lick the still protruding nipple. "That was incredible." Hutch managed between gasps.

"Fucking awesome ya mean." Starsky suddenly brought his head up. "Am I squishin' ya?"

Hutch chuckled. "I don't mind." He leaned forward to place a quick kiss on the damp forehead, before pushing the wavy head back down. "I don't know what we found so scary about the bed." He then laughed louder. "So much for just touching."

Starsky also laughed. "Does seem kinda silly now." He pulled himself away and landed on his knees before the couch. "Let's clean up and spend the next few days between the sheets. I definitely wanna get you on a bed, and I think if we don't move soon 'm just gonna curl up here on the floor." He reached out, using the couch for leverage and dragged himself to his feet, snagging his blond and pulling him along with him.

After showering, shaving and ogling his sleeping beauty for a few minutes, Starsky held his stomach as it started to rumble. Deciding to see what other goods had been brought in by his partner, "God I love that word." he all but skipped to the small kitchen. He spent several minutes cleaning up the mess from their simple, though special, dinner. Wondering if it was he or Hutch that had thought to blow out the candles. Before he began to snoop, hoping that bacon and eggs had been on his lover's list, he took the small painting and scooted out to the Torino to place it in the glove compartment. Making a small promise to himself to give Edith a replacement, for him there could never be substitute.

Hutch stretched luxuriously, the cool sheet caressing his torso as it followed the extended limbs downward. For a moment, he forgot where he was, then smiled lazily thinking about his curly haired partner. "God I love that term." He uttered as he pushed himself up. Shaking his head, he quietly rose and headed into the small bathroom to perform the same ritual his lover had, not thirty minutes before.

Finishing and dressing in blue jeans and nothing else, he stood near the sofa, touching the back of it gently, the memory of he and Starsky consummating their love would be forever burned into his mind. He smiled as he watched his latest and last lover sway and bounce around the small kitchen, strains of 'Me and You Make One', off beat but beautiful to the blond's ears also found a special place in his memory bank. "What are you making Hon?" He broke his silence, wanting to be in this special man's space as much and as often as he could.

"Bacon an' eggs. Ya did good babe, I got some on ta boil for ya." Starsky whipped around, pausing momentarily as he let his gaze fall over the naked chest and still dripping maize colored hair. "Holy fuck Hutch! Ya take my breath away." He came over and reverently ran a hand over the smooth skin, hunger filling his eyes as their focus bounced from nipples to mouth.

Laughing, Hutch caught him up in a bear hug. "If you don't think I couldn't hear your stomach growling from the shower, you're very wrong Gordo!" He kissed the side of the chiselled cheek. "Let me put a shirt on and give you a hand. I'm pretty famished myself." He released his prize and disappeared briefly, returning with T-shirts for them both, plus a pair of jeans for his lover. "I guess you want your eggs fried? Fine. Put these on, and I'll take care of them. I really hate those long johns hon." He tossed the clothes at the perplexed brunette, and went straight for the stove. "I think the store where you got them should be banned for indecency."

"That was the whole idea Hutch." Starsky stripped off the red one-piece and slid, not so smoothly, into the denims. "I thought I could charm ya with them the last time we were here." Hands on both sides of the snap, Starsky froze. "Christ! Hutch I wanted us ta be together even then."

"You think they didn't work?" Hutch kept his mind on emptying most of the bacon grease from the pan, before breaking the eggs his brunette loved most sunny side up. He was afraid to look back and see his lover in a state of undress, more afraid of burning the cabin down if he did look and react. "Believe it or not Starsk I thought I was gonna cum when you pressed me into you, Satan be damned. Why do you think I took off in the boat so early? Seeing you sprawled out in those things was more than I could take."

Starsky pulled the black T-shirt over his head, pausing before he pulled it all the way down his abdomen. "Hutch?" Belly button exposed and jeans still undone he didn't move.

Hutch turned around, as the eggs sizzled. "What Gordo?" Spatula in hand he realized what his lover meant. "Guess we both have been hiding a lot." Turning back around he added. "Sit down Starsk, its all ready."

"When did you first want me?" Starsky couldn't help ask as he splashed a dollop of ketchup over the top of each egg.

"Like you said." Hutch responded, looking in disgust at the goo his partner was making with his breakfast. "From the beginning..Colby knew...well I should say suspected." He added shyly.

Starsky shot his head up from the pile of colorful egg he was placing on a piece of toast. "That's why he hated me!"

"Starsk. He was my roomate, he had no reason to hate you." Hutch loved the man across from him, but found it difficult to watch him eat sometimes.

"No Hutch! He wanted ya too! He almost turned down his acceptance inta the Airforce ta keep us apart." Starsky inhaled half the piece of toast before it's slippery burden could fall off.

"Come on Starsk! That's ridiculous! He thought about turning it down because he wasn't sure what he wanted to do more, and I don't have to add, he did accept entry. Not to mention you and he hung around alone on the weekends I was aloud to go home to Van." Hutch put down his fork. "We're going to have to talk about this new twist in our relationship Gordo." Hutch had eaten his eggs and nothing else.

"I was waitin' for this." Starsky stated matter of factly.

"Waiting for what?" Hutch felt indignant.

"Let's analyze, let's scrutinize, let's measure the pros...the cons...the cons..the pros. I had a taste Hutch an' I'm not lettin' ya go." Starsky was watching for his blond's reaction.

Hutch pulled back from the table a bit angrily. "I had a taste too...I'm not going anywhere Starsk. I just think that we need to discuss how this..new aspect of our partnership is going to affect us." Hutch began clearing the table.

"Why do we havta discuss it? Would it hurt ta just enjoy it?" Starsky asked softly.

Hutch paused beside him, Ketchup bottle in one hand, empty mug in the other. "We'll have to hide how we feel. We'll have to watch every thing we say...every move we make. That's not exactly normal for most people in love Starsk."

Starsky popped the last of his breakfast into his mouth and washed it down with the rest of his semi-warm coffee. "The way I see it Hutch, 'cept for humpin' like hares in the squadroom or frenchin' in the hallways or streets, I don't see why we have to act any differrent in front a anyone."

"What do you mean?!" Hutch turned a light pink and almost smiled at the thought of them 'humpin'...in the squadroom'.

"Everybody who counts already knows we love each other an' that we're closer than brothers." Starsky stood taking the bottle away from his lover. Placing it back on the table he wrapped his arms around Hutch's waist, and ground his body into his partner.

"But lovers Gordo?" Hutch took a deep breath as his passion built.

"Mmmm.." Starsky buried his nose and mouth into the pale neck. "That babe, is no one's business but our own." He began to nip and nuzzle. "Don't think I don't wish I could scream how much I love you to the world."

Hutch pulled back a little, looking straight into the cobalt eyes he loved so much. "Thats okay. Just as long as you scream it to me as often as I can make you." He husked seductively.

"Think we've bin up long enough ta go for a nap now?" Starsky purred, wishing he still had his long johns on. The jeans definitely had to go.

Hutch beamed back at him. "More than long enough." He took his lover's hands in his own and walked backwards tugging him along back towards the bedroom. "Um..Starsk?" He paused suddenly, worry crossing the sky blue eyes.

"Don't worry babe. I brought plenty a lube." Starsky snorted at his blond's bashful grin.

"I never thought past the wine."

"Don't feel bad Blintz. I never thought of wine."

Part 3

For the second time in less than three hours, Hutch emerged dripping from the shower. It was his turn to gaze lovingly down at his partner as the brunette scowled in his sleep. He had grabbed the blond's pillow and was hugging it fiercely though, so it seemed, unhappily. Pulling on a pair of blue adidas shorts he left the bedroom in search of his running shoes. Finding them he left the cabin, untied the rowboat and pushed it into the water. He wanted to row across and investigate the site of where the Satan worshippers had camped, making his and his lover's last visit here far from relaxing. Shaking his head, he couldn't help wonder if all that hadn't happened, if they would have found out their true feelings for each other sooner. Already past noon, the hot sun beat relentlessly on his bare back as he made his way across the small lake.

Starsky scrunched his eyes tighter as the cabin became blindingly bright. A growl escaped his lips to match the scowl he had formed after sub-consciously knowing his lover had left the bed. "Hutch?" He called out as he sat up leaning on both elbows, blearily glancing around the room. Stumbling from the bed he caught a whiff of himself and headed directly for the washroom. "Blondie ain't likely ta find me very attractive if I go 'round smellin' like a ruttin' boar all week." He sniggered to himself as he climbed under the warm spray and thought about rutting all week. Washing quickly he smiled, realizing his Blintz had been in there before him, his somewhat sloppy blond had managed to make the bathroom look like a cyclone had touched down in the center of the small room. Taking a few minutes to tidy up, he pulled on a pair of cutoffs. It took seconds to discover that his lover wasn't anywhere in the cabin. "Prob'ly went for a run." He muttered, a satisfied grin plastered on his face.

"Hey Hutch!!" He called out after exiting the cabin and seeing the boat missing. Panic began to seize him when he couldn't see the small vessel anywhere on the lake. "HUUUUTCH!!" He yelled as he ran towards the water. He quickly scanned the water looking for any sign of the upturned boat or any gear that could be floating on the water. "Calm down, Hutch was a lifeguard. He knows how ta swim." Looking at the shore across from where he stood, he shuddered remembering the torches and chanting that had drifted across the water that other time. Dread filled him as he raced towards the Torino and removed his weapon and holster from the trunk. He dashed off down the path that would take him to the old hangout of the Satanists. He was certain that some had managed to drift back towards the secluded cabin tucked back away from the lake, and were now doing unspeakable things to his blond. The tingle at his ass was no longer causing him joy.

After arriving at his destination, Hutch pulled the small boat a safe distance out of the water, loosely tying it to a thin branch for extra security. He stretched lazily letting the sun cast it's warmth over the front of his body. Lightly closing his eyes, he lifted his face to the heat for several minutes. With a contented sigh he turned and retraced his steps from before, enjoying the peaceful sounds of the woods. Shaking his head happily he began to whistle as his mind went back across the lake to his partner and their after breakfast workout.

Both of them had forsaken the need for underwear that morning, therefore it was only a few awkward moments before the pair were once again in the raw. Standing at the foot of the bed, each of them growling hungrily and groping every bit of flesh they could reach, Hutch managed to turn his brunette around. Grabbing a well rounded butt cheek in each hand he hefted up and thrust his chest forward, sending Starsky up and over the end of the bed to land on his back. He stood for a moment panting, taking in the sight of the well defined body spread out before him. "Christ you're gorgeous Gordo." He huffed. Licking his lips as he stared at his lover's large erection twitching against the the soft brown hair of the rippled abdomen.

Starsky grunted as he also drew large breaths. "You're a fine one ta talk." He openly leered at the polished flesh standing before him, the huge red manhood playing patty cake with it's owner's navel. "Reach in my duffle bag babe, and get back here with the grease. I wanna feel that instrument a yours make me sing."

Hutch's snatched up the bag and spent a few frantic moments tossing items out of it before with a triumphant whoop held up the medium sized tube. Tossing the nearly empty bag aside hesitation flicked into the dazzling blue of his eyes. Looking from the lube back to his partner doubt swirled in the pit of his stomach. "You sure you want to do this Starsk?" Although his cock slapped him for asking, Hutch was afraid his brunette had doubts.

"Get down here with me Blintz. I'll show ya just how sure." The lust in Starsky's gaze held no question as to what he wanted. The dark blue almost black with desire.

Tube firmly in hand, Hutch dove onto the bed, hovering over his partner, he raked his eyes over the handsome face and sucked his lips in as they made their way over the dark haired chest. Not quite sure where to begin he settled on sucking a curl covered ear lobe. Starsky bucked as the blond drove his tongue into the small opening, moving under the small appendage he suckled and nipped his way around toward the front, spending a little extra time lavishing attention on the bobbing Addams apple, before moving around to the other ear.

"Let me Hutch." Starsky was wanting to reciprocate, but his blond had him firmly held down by the shoulders.

"My show." Hutch raised his mouth slightly before moving over the broad chest. "Gonna make you sing. Remember?" Another breath as he licked and blew on an already taut nipple. He rubbed his nose over the firm nub before wrapping his full lips around it and sucking firmly. "AH! Christ!!" Starsky began another thrust with his hips, Hutch moved one hand away and pushed him back down, neither one realizing that his thumb would be imprinted there for some time to come. Hutch moved to the other nub, so as not to show favoritism, and then slowly snaked his tongue and lips down to the heaving belly button. Thrusting his tongue in, out and around the puckered flesh, Hutch felt himself harden further thinking about doing the same to a similar part of his lover's anatomy.

"I can't take much more babe!" Starsky almost screamed as his dick came into contact with the slick skin of his partner's chest.

Hutch sat back a little before diving back towards the front of the bed to capture the bowed lips again with his own, diving his tongue in, it was a brief but erotic kiss. Drawing back he didn't hesitate in releasing the trapped hip, devouring as much as the silken rod as he could comfortably get in his mouth. Using his upper body to hold down the attempts his brunette was trying to make to lunge deeper down his throat, Hutch brought his head up and rubbed his smooth cheek up the softness of the throbbing erection. "You like that Starsk?" The soft voice was almost as hot as the moist mouth.

"Hutch please!" Starsky tried to move to the side and feel the warm cheek again against his hardness.

"Just a sec." Laying an arm across the quivering abdomen, Hutch sucked on his index finger, causing the brunette to throw his head back and slam his eyes shut. He felt the wet warmth and slick tongue once more encompass him, this time he also felt the large palm of a hand caress his balls as the spit slicked finger encircled his anus.

Managing to raise his hips a little Starsky pushed down onto the digit screaming in ecstasy as he exploded down the waiting gullet of his blond.

Hutch rolled his lover onto his side and pushed the top leg up as far as it would comfortably go. Spreading the cheeks apart, he was amazed that he still hadn't cum himself just listening and tasting the essence of his lover. Still playing around the, until now, forbidden portal he couldn't resist leaning in and massaging it with his tongue. A small squeal from the head of the bed urging him to prod deeper. Wrapping his lips around the opening, he sucked in deeply while pushing in and out with his tongue.

"Damn..Ah damn! Hutch that feels so..fuckin' good." Starsky began to push back as the small organ dove forward. "More babe! I wanna feel ya all the way in." He had gripped one of the pillows and began to gnaw on the corner.

Drawing back a little, Hutch quickly coated his entire hand and his own aching hard-on. He tried to take his time, not knowing how long it had been for his lover. A small stab of jealousy, momentarily, clouded his focus. His curly topped wonder was having none of it though and ushed back, causing the finger to sink all the way home. Hutch took the hint and quickly worked in all three of the largest digits, using his thumb and little finger to form a brace on the outside. The little one began to play with the underside of Starsky's rapidly filling balls.

"Can't wait any more Starsk!" Hutch hissed, removing his hand and guiding his swollen member to the coveted entrance.

"Fer Christsake Hutch!! I couldn't take it anymore twenty minutes ago!" Starsky reached down to begin stroking himself panting heavily. "Come on! Fuck me already!!" He sounded angry with his need.

Hutch pushed in slowly, until he hit home, pausing briefly as his eyes widened in wonderment at being all the way inside what he only dreamt of. "Ohh! OH.. MY..GOD!! Starsk! Holy Christ I can't believe this...So good!" His breaths became more rapid. He couldn't stay still as nature took over and he began to thrust long and hard. He came in shuddering bursts as he felt the muscles tighten as his lover exploded for the second time.

Starsky had stopped calling for Hutch. He was afraid that if someone had gotten his blond the noise would alert them to his presence. Instead all thoughts of man-eating creatures were shoved aside as he took on the roll of the hunter. In cutoffs, holster and gun drawn, he stealthily made his way through the trees and dead leaves. Eyes darting everywhere they caught a glimpse of gold down through the brush-covered embankment to his left. Heart thudding happily, he crept closer to the edge to make sure that the beacon his lover's hair made would show him to be safe and sound. He began to grin brightly when the distinct music of his lover's whistling drifted up to him. Moving to higher ground so he could see his blond more clearly, he had no way of knowing that a recent heavy rain had loosened the soil at the top of the hill. "Hey Blintz!!!" He shouldered his weapon and waved.

Startled Hutch shot his eyes upwards. "Starsky step back!!" He screamed, breaking into a run towards his partner.

"What the..HUUTCH!!" The earth gave way and Starsky plummeted down the small but dangerously steep peak. He didn't fall very far, but came to a sudden stop with an ear splitting scream.

Clenching his jaw, horror in his eyes and terror filling his heart, Hutch permanently damaged many plants on his charge to get to his partner. It wasn't long, though seemed forever, before he took in the ghostly face and slowly bent over the quivering form of his beloved, sweat pouring profusely down the brunette's sharp features. "Don't move babe."

"Hu...hurts. Fuck it hurts Hutch." Starsky latched onto his partners arm as he was gently lifted and held tightly.

"Just don't move Starsk. It's really important you try not to move." whispered. "I'm going to get you out of here but you have to help me."

"My nuts feel like they're* on fire. Really burns Hutch..an' I gotta tell ya it ain't anything like this mornin'. What's causin' it Hutch?" Starsky began to pant as tears coursed down his face, he was getting dizzy and realized just before everything went black that he would at least be able to stay still, like his partner wanted him to.

Gently laying his lover on his back, Hutch kissed the damp forehead before racing back towards the boat and the tackle box he had, out of habit, brought along with him. Rage overcame him as he thought how the cult had still managed to get them. The side of the hill had been covered with sharpened wooden stakes. As he sped towards the boat he wondered briefly if he was in still in America.

Part 4

Flies and mosquitoes had descended, hungrily lighting and buzzing around where the tip of the sharp point had pierced through the denim and into the tender skin. Even more swarmed on and around the steady stream of blood oozing down the bare leg from where the frayed treads of the shorts ended. Hutch was incensed as he angrily swatted at them, gently placing the tackle box down near his partner's waist. "We're going to be okay Gordo." He uttered before biting his lip.

Using the large gutting knife, he had cut up the canvass from one of the child-sized life jackets in the boat and quickly soaked it in the lake before racing back to his fallen lover. Wiping as much blood as he could, with another piece of cloth he wrapped the base of the wood tucking it in as best as he could. He knew he had no choice but to get back to the cabin and the first aid kit that Dobey kept there, the shaft was at least two feet long. Not only would he need something to cut it down, but also he didn't dare move his love without securing the piercing end.

Swiping furiously at the sweat running into his eyes he tore open the tackle box, desperate for something else to help his Starsky get through the next thirty minutes or so that it would take him to get the kit and return. Taking a few shaky breaths he tried to calm down and think logically. Using a few of the larger sized fish hooks he attached the shorts to the wet cloth encircling the arrow. He then pulled the hem around muscled thigh as snug as he could get it, securing it with another barb. Using the remaining scraps from the life vest he placed more around the entrance to the wound and the remainder where the shorts ended and the flesh began. A few droplets that weren't perspiration mingled with the sheen coating his face. Taking a brief moment he knew he could ill afford, but couldn't not stop himself, he bent and softly kissed the slack mouth before rising and bolting back towards the cabin. To keep the fear at bay, he kept his mind racing over everything he could bring back to aid his lover. "I love you. I love you. I love you.."
exhaled with each sharply drawn breath.

Bursting through the door, he stopped for barely a second, eyes darting to the crude bookshelf that held the large box with the Red Cross emblazoned on the lid, safely out of little Rosey's reach. Falling to his knees he flung it open then, with a satisfied grunt, he slammed it shut and rushed to bedroom. Grabbing the thick comforter he yanked it in frustration as it momentarily pitted him against the grip of the tangled sheets. "Come you fucking thing! I don't have time for this!!!" For a second he lost his balance as the spread decided who it had better side with. He then ran to the kitchen to fill one of the canteens on the counter with water, he corked it and hurried out; throwing everything into the Torino he dashed around the side of the house to the small shed near the rear. Throwing open the door his eyes latched onto what he had only hoped were there. "Yes!!!" He shouted as he took the wire cutters down from their hook, testing the blade he grinned as he sucked the smooth line of blood that formed with barely a touch, on his thumb. Not wanting to waste anymore time he threw them on top of the other items on the passenger seat of the Torino, wanting to kiss his precious partner all over as he silently thanked him for eaving the keys in the ignition for once. In a cloud of dust he gunned the engine, the V8 fishtailing as he swung it in the direction his lover lay bleeding and alone.

Slowly coming back to awareness, Starsky's jaw moved up and down mimicking a newly hatched hawk waiting for its first taste of carrion. Although his eyes were closed he knew he was alone. Instead of a loud squawk he silently called for his partner. He weakly reached down with the arm that was draped over his middle; he found that his head was resting on the bicep of his other. Biting back a shriek as the back of his hand brushed up against something foreign that was clearly protruding from him. The sharp pain was excruciating, but he was relieved to feel the damp cloth at the bottom of the offending object and knew that his blond had not only been with him but must have gone to get help. Starsky tried to lift his head and look down in order get a better idea of what he had fallen into, electing instead to heed the warning throb that promised a much more brutal spasm. "Okay Hutch I promise. I won't move. 'M not gonna move. just please hurry." He wheezed through hard won breaths.

It wasn't a road exactly but Hutch made due as the Torino mowed over the low bushes that relentlessly lashed it's under-carriage. Neither the car nor Hutch took much notice as they bounced over the relatively flat, though far from even ground. Only one spot caused Hutch to ease up, holding his breath and banging on the wheel, he had to slow down somewhat in order to squeeze through a short but narrow passage that the Torino didn't quite fit. Making it through he slammed the car to an abrupt halt he glanced nervously up the hill while sweeping up the items he had collected and sped up to where he prayed his lover was still alive and waiting.

"Starsky?" Hutch laid the comforter, canteen and wire cutters to one side and tossed aside the tackle box, replacing it with the first aid kit. "You okay Gordo?" Sinking to his knees, he pressed his forehead against his partner's cheek while his hands were busy undoing the holster. Sitting back up he gently lifted the limp right arm and slid the Beretta off, laying it down on the dead leaves behind Starsky.

"Din..dinnit move Hush." Starsky looked up with bleary eyes and aren't ya proud of me grin.

"You did real good babe." Hutch tried a reassuring smile. "I promise we'll be home before dinner." He picked up one of the scraps of cloths from where it lay on Starsky's thigh. Quietly kicking himself for not remembering towels, he wetted it from the canteen and began to wipe the cherished face.

Starsky could see how terrified his blond was under the cool in control facade, and decided to see if he could help in any way. His partner was worried sick, and he hated seeing fear in his blond's eyes. "Wha ya wan me a do Blintz?"

"Well first of all I want you to swallow these." Hutch popped open a small bottle of aspirin. "And then we're going to wait ten minutes or so for them to start to work." Setting the jar aside he uncapped the canteen again, and popped four pills into the dry mouth. Tenderly tilting Starsky's head up he poured slowly as the dose was swallowed.

"Four?" Starsky briefly shut his eyes, trying not to shiver as they started to dissolve down his throat.

"Yeah well. They have codeine in them otherwise I'd be tempted to give you half the bottle." Hutch grinned trying his best to sound cheerful.

"What is it that's stickin' inta me babe?" Starsky rubbed his nose against his lover's, as Hutch lay down beside him.

Cyan eyes met cobalt. Love, worry, fear and concern mirrored in both sets. "It’s..a..well, it's a spear Gordo." Hutch whispered, happy that clarity was returning to his lover's eyes and speech.

"A spear!?" Starsky held back a snicker, knowing it would hurt.

Hutch smiled softly, realizing how that must have sounded. "Well okay, a sharp pointy stick then." He was plucking dead leaves out of the matted down curls. The chirping of bird song making his blood boil.

"Why don't we pull it out then Hutch?" Starsky was studying his blond's reaction. Understanding dawned when the lighter eyes darted away. "So it's a big stick huh?"

"Yeah. About two and a half feet." Hutch leaned in for a brief kiss while pushing himself back up to knees. "I need your help Starsk."

"Tell me what ta do Hutch." Starsky weakly raised his right hand. "Wait. Ya want me ta hold in place where ya wrapped that icky material around it."

"I'll have to move your head so you can use both hands." Hutch nodded.

With a soft smile Starsky began to move on his own. "I know its gonna hurt like hell Hutch. There ain't no way around it, so let's do it buddy."

"Wish there was another Starsk." Hutch helped ease his brunette over moving the gun up and over Starsky's head, so he could remove the holster completely.

"You're gonna cut it down aren't ya babe?" Starsky had shut his eyes, taking in gulps of air to help combat the wave of nausea that washed over him.

Hutch waited a few watchful moments, petting his life's forehead until the eyes opened again. "I'd like to get it down to about two to four inches if we can Starsk. I need to get a donut bandage on it before we can begin to move."

"This is gonna change forever how I feel about donuts."

Tears streamed down both their faces, Starsky screaming as each slight movement sent a starburst of agony through him. Each cry tore into Hutch like a serrated knife as he cut the branch down to a more acceptable size. Starsky had once more passed out allowing Hutch to finish the bandaging and preparations to move his lover down to the car.

Hutch spread out the comforter and gently manipulated his brunette, until Starsky was in the middle, head facing towards the top of the embankment. After clearing as smooth a path as he could, Hutch took his time gently pulling his precious cargo downwards stopping only when he bumped into the side of the Torino.

Gnashing his teeth in thought, Hutch tried to think of the best way to get his partner into the car with as little jarring as possible, he was already worried that the trip down the hill had been too much.The back seat was out of the question, at over six feet and the car only having two doors there was no way he would be able to pull his love in without the possibility of causing serious damage. The hood was also dismissed as a poor idea. The tree branches on the one narrow part of the path he had come through would whip his lover unmercifully. That left only one option.

Driving as slowly as he could without having the powerful car stall, he finally pulled up beside the cabin. Just as he shut of the engine, the Torino listed to the right, a loud hiss told the blond that at least one if not two of the tires on that side had just gone flat. His heart sunk in despair as he grabbed the keys and hurried to the back of the car. Opening the trunk, he fearfully placed a hand over his partner's heart, relieved to feel that the beat was strong, and the breathing steady.

It took some time, but he finally had Starsky up on the bed, a pillow tucked under the beloved head. Hutch swayed with dizziness and reached for the headboard to steady himself. Seeing the puddle that was dripping onto the floor, he realized he was exhausted to the point of collapse. Stumbling into the kitchen he drained two glasses of orange juice in quick succession and then took the quickest cold shower he could remember. Re-energized he hurried out of the washroom to tend to his partner.

Starsky woke stifling a cry, it didn't take him long to remember what had happened, though for the life of him he had no idea how Hutch had gotten him back to the cabin. "Do we need ta go to a hospital babe?"

"Hey! Welcome back Starsk." Hutch immediately shot towards the head of the bed to touch his partner's cheek. "How are you doing buddy?"

"Just answer my question Hutch before ya ask one a your own." Starsky thought his heart was going to break with the love he felt for this man.

Hutch let out a deep breath. "Can't babe. The Torino has a couple of flats, we don't have a phone, and it's five miles into town where the only doctor there got his license at some point between 1920 and 1930. I'm afraid you're stuck with this three year med student." He gulped and looked away, trying to swallow down how inadequate he felt.

"I'd take you over any doctor any day a the week babe." Starsky eyes were lit with adoration as the blond continued to keep his eyes averted. "Whatcha plannin' ta do with those scissors Blintz?"

"I'm really sorry Starsk." With a nervous chuckle he added. "Instead of cut off shorts, I have to cut your shorts off." He bit his lip as he looked up. He was startled to see the dark blue eyes dancing with mirth.

"I never knew you had this kinda fetish Hutch." Starsky was trying his best not to laugh, knowing it would hurt unbearably. "But do ya think ya can manage to leave me somethin' ta wear for when we do leave here?"

Part 5

"Bourbon's all we have Gordo." Hutch poured a tumbler full of the amber liquid. "But it's going to have to do."

"Can't I just drink down a coupla six packs Hutch?" Starsky whined as he grimaced at the taste of the hard liquor. "I hate bourbon."

"We want to dull the pain for when I pull it out Starsk." Hutch ran a hand affectionately through the filthy flattened curls. "I'd prefer if you didn't piss all over me when I extract it, you really shouldn't have alcohol after the pills anyway."

"Fuck off Hutch! You think a coupla over the counter pills are gonna help me any? Think it'll bleed a lot?" Just looking was enough incentive for Starsky to gulp down the drink, gagging as the alcohol hit the back of his throat and hand the glass back for more.

Hutch poured him two more fingers. "That's all your getting Starsk. As much as I'd prefer you be in a hospital for this and completely under, I need you to stay with me." He took several deep breaths.

Hutch had boiled a pot of water, letting an exacto knife and a pair of tweezers bubble for several minutes. He looked down at the pathetic instruments, hoping he wouldn't have to use them. "You ready?" He asked in a whisper.

"Just get it on with it." Starsky hated seeing the warring emotions behind the baby blue's and the lined forehead that were the only signs that his lover was deeply troubled. "I know you haveta do this babe. So don't worry, we'll get through it together as always." He reached out and took up a large hand, bringing it to his lips for a soft kiss.

Nodding, Hutch removed the bandaging. Swabbing the area around the wound with a hand towel soaked with some of the alcohol. He didn't look up, knowing his partner was trying to stay still biting back a hiss. "Okay Starsk. I'm going to pull it straight up, then all we'll have to do is clean it and get you wrapped up again."

"'M ready Blintz." Starsky had reached both arms over his head and gripped the rungs of the headboard. "Ya think it hit any a my organs?"

Hutch was amazed that his hands remained steady even though he felt like his whole body was shaking. Holding the tender flesh of his love with one hand he used the other to grip the base of the branch and slowly pulled straight up. "Shit!!" He threw the offensive piece away when it came free.

"What is it?" Starsky asked through clenched teeth.

"Try and take some deep breaths Gordo." Hutch ran a now shaky hand through his hair, the other had taken a cloth and held it to the moderately bleeding wound. "It's imbedded in the muscle only hon. I wouldn't have taken it out if I thought differently."

Doing as he was told, Starsky felt himself relax a little as the oxygen helped ease some of the pain. "It's not over is it Hutch?" Though his eyes had been clenched when the stick was being removed they were wide open now and taking in the panicked visage of his partner.

"Ah Jesus!" Hutch felt he was going to cry as he looked into the trusting eyes of his lover. "The tip broke off. I'm..uh I'm going to have to try and get it out Starsk, there's no way we can leave it in there."

"Terrific." Starsky groaned. "How much are ya gonna have ta cut me?"

Hutch paled. "I'm not going to slice you open Starsk!"

"How much was the thing inside me, and how much do ya figure is left?" Starsky tried to remain practical, hoping it would relieve his lover's fears as well as his own.

Hutch shrugged wearily, his voice ultra soft. "Not much. quarter inch, probably less." His hand was still putting pressure on the cloth covering the wound, his eyes focused on his hand, his mind trying to deny this living nightmare's existance.

"Hey." Starsky waited until the pale eyes met his. "Come 'ere for a sec."

Hutch kept his left hand over the injury as he leaned toward his beloved's pain etched face. "I don't think I can do this Starsk." He pressed his forehead to that of his partners'."

Starsky tilted his chin up so his mouth could capture that of his blond's in a delicately passionate kiss. Taking a few more deep breaths he said. "I know ya can Hutch. Ya would a made a terrific Doctor."

"Dammit Starsky! This is a helluva lot more than first fucking aid!" Hutch pulled back frustration and anger bubbling to the surface.

Starsky smiled. This was the reaction he was hoping for. "I'd rather have you do it ta me Hutch than me havin' ta do it ta you. Come on babe. Lets just get it over an' done with. We're just delayin' the inevitable right now."

Clenching his jaw, Hutch looked furiously around the room then nodded. "I'm going to need more hand towels" He picked up Starsky's left hand and placed it where his own right one had been.

"Hutch?"

"Yeah buddy?" Hutch turned abruptly hearing the underlying fear in the quiet voice.

"Exactly where did.. well you know, where is this hole exactly?" Terror and embarrassment caused his eyes to glisten, almost dreading the reply. "I mean .."

Hutch smiled tenderly and came back to sit on the side of the bed. "In the groin babe, where you're belly and thigh connect. The not so kosher sausage a la Starsky and the motza balls are fine. And believe me buddy, I should know, I've had my head down there for the better part of the afternoon." He stroked the side of his lover's, much more relaxed, face. "Now take it easy, I'll be back in a minute." Their lips once again met briefly.

Coming back Hutch paused briefly, allowing Starsky to take a few more swigs from the bottle he had strategically left on the night table for this very reason. Only when his lover replaced the bottle and settled back down on the pillow did he enter the room. "All set partner?" He tried to exude an air of confidence he didn't feel.

"Do what ya have ta to Hutch." Starsky grinned bravely up at him. "Just whatever it is try and make it fast."

"Okay. Try and stay relaxed Starsk. It's going to hurt like hell buddy, but try your best okay?" Hutch snapped on a pair of latex gloves from the first aid kit.

Hutch placed the terry hand towels around the wound and bent over with the tweezers, trying to be gentle, he used a thumb and forefinger to spread the wound apart. He kept the ends of the tweezers together, slowly pushing them straight down, until he felt some resistance, and his partner let out a low squeal. "It's okay hon." Pulling the instrument back a fraction of an inch he allowed the ends to come apart, before going back down. Using his teeth he grabbed the end of a towel and mopped up some of the blood marring his vision. For an instant, just before the blood began to ooze again, he could see the pale yellow of his wooden target. Squeezing the ends together he felt it in his grip and then lost it. "Mother fucker!" He muttered between pursed lips. Trying to ignore the wimpers coming from the upper end of the bed.

After a few more attempts he was just about to give up, and resign himself to having to use the razor sharp knife to make a larger incision, when he decided to give it one more go. Sitting up, he took another small towel and mopped his dripping face. The sight of his partner, eyes clamped firmly shut and breathing rapidly through his nose, almost broke his heart, and his resolve. "You okay Gordo?"

"Fuck off! An' get it over with fer Chrissake Hutch!!" Starsky hissed out between quick breaths.

Hutch just nodded and bent back to his seemingly hopeless, and much despised, task. Shutting his eyes briefly to steel himself for this last attempt before resorting to the knife he mopped up more of the blood, the tweezers now slippery in the crimson slicked gloves. Expelling all the air he had in his lungs, he bit down on the inside of his cheek and as gently as he could plunged back in after his target. This time he could feel that the grip was good, slowly but as swiftly as he could he brought it up and out of the small orifice it had created. His eyes were watering with relief, but he took a few more minutes to probe around, making sure that it was the only piece that had broken off. Peeling off the gloves he placed another towel over the steadily bleeding, though now clear injury. "We got it all Starsk."

"Yeah?" Tears were running down Starsky's temples in a steady stream, his lower lip was bleeding from where he had bitten it repeatedly. "It's over right? It's over now right Hutch?"

"Not quite hon." Hutch bit his own lip as tears began to well and tumble out of his own eyes. "I have to disinfect it and get it bandaged up again. Then we can take it easy. Okay?"

Starsky opened his eyes a fraction, and wished he hadn't. The pain at his pelvis was much preferrable to the knife that seared his heart seeing the anguish in his lover's beautiful blue eyes and written all over his emotionally, and physically exhausted features. "Ahh! Don't Hutch. Please babe, it's okay. Go ahead lets finish this up and then maybe we can both rest a bit." It had just donned on Starsky the Hurculean effort his blond must have exerted just to get him here, let alone all that he had done since they had been back. "Come on Hutch pour it on and wrap me up." He nodded encouragement, his brave smile masking the dread at what was about to come.

This time Starsky couldn't stifle the scream that escaped his lips and echoed throught the cabin, as the alcohol was poured over the small though gaping wound. Hutch was gulping air as he doused and mopped up and doused again, trying to flush any stray splinters that could be still lurking. As much as he wanted to stop from the first drop that hit his brunette, he continued until he was positive that it was as clean as he could possibly get it.

Starsky had momentarily blacked out, giving Hutch the chance to stop the flow of blood and get his lover wrapped securely. He was almost finished getting everything cleaned up and cleared away when he felt eyes on his back. Turning he was expecting, but still startled to see the tender crooked grin and adoration shining from the bright indigo eyes. "How are you doing Starsk?"

"Sore as hell, but I think 'm in better shape than you blondie." Starsky patted the bed beside him.

"Yeah well I guess it hasn't been one of my better days." Hutch sat down taking the hand his lover held out to him and leaned over to nuzzle the thankfully warm neck of his life. "I was scared to death." His voice hitched as he began to tremble.

Starsky squeezed the hand hard, bringing his other arm up to rub up and down the broad bare back. "We're okay now Hutch."

"Yeah. Yeah I guess so." Hutch sat back up not letting go of the slender hand. "Why don't I get you some more aspirin?"

"That sounds real good partner. Then I think ya should go have a shower." Starsky reached a hand up to cup the filthy tear streaked face. "I love ya come hell or high water babe, but ya reek."

"I imagine." Hutch stood abruptly not wanting to foul his lover's air any more than necessary. He got the aspirin, doling out three pills instead of the recommended two.

Hutch reveled in the heat of the water coursing over him, taking his time lathering and shampooing, before rinsing the mixed bubbles swirling around his ankles before he finally felt the need to get back to the other side of himself. Quickly drying off he threw the towel over the shower rack, emerging in the buff back to where his lover lay waiting. "You're still awake?"

"Waitin' for you." Starsky smiled weakly. "Why don't ya pour me a coupla fingers a that bourbon your so fond of, and I think you could use three or four of 'em yourself."

With a smile and a slight not, Hutch prepared their drinks and crawled into bed beside his down, but not out lover. "Still pretty sore eh Gordo?"

"That's an understatement babe." Starsky smiled over at him, raising his glass.

Raising his own Hutch downed most of the generous portion he had poured for himself. Setting the near empty glass down on the floor beside the bed he shook out the sheet and fresh quilt he had put on the bed, covering them both up nicely. "This morning seems like forever ago." He stated blandly.

Starsky snorted. "This morning I wanna remember for the rest of my life. It's the rest a the day I could a done without."

"Yeah." Hutch smiled. Whistfully remembering their lovemaking.

"That's what ticks me off the most." Starsky tried to move to his side, but found it too uncomfortable. "I was really enjoyin' the happy pain in my ass before all this happened."

Hutch rolled over, draping a long arm over his brunette's chest, laying his head on pajama clad chest. "Let's go to sleep thinking about your happy butt, and forget about the rest Starsk." Hutch sleepily lifted his head long enough to kiss a nipple through the cloth, falling asleep instantly after.

Starsky lay awake a little while longer playing with the soft strands of sunshine. Marvelling at his good fortune at being the winner in the cosmic lottery of love.

Conclusion

When Starsky awoke he had no idea what time it was, only that except for a pale light flickering on the wall, he was in pitch darkness. "Hutch?" He called sleepily and a little worriedly. Not liking in the least the bed beside him being empty.

"I'm right here Starsk." Hutch's soft voice erased the spark of fear that was beginning to ignite in the brunette's mind.

Turning his head, Starsky could see Hutch in the glow of the large candle perched precariously on the window ledge beside his lover. The small flame caused the fair hair to shimmer creating a golden aura above the tanned features which in turn caused the crystal eyes to sparkle over at him, the love pouring from them going straight through his heart and wrapping his soul in warmth. "You’re fuckin' gorgeous." Was all Starsky could manage as his breath caught in his throat.

With a light chuckle, Hutch pushed the chair that leaned against the wall on two legs, back to four and picked up his lover's hand. "You’re the beautiful one Gordo. I've been watching you sleep for hours and I just can't get enough." He moved from the chair to perch on the side of the bed. "How are you feeling? You want some more pills?"

"Nah. It just throbs, nothin' unbearable yet." Starsky wiggled his hand away and brought his other one up to hold both sides of the handsome face, pulling it down for a deep kiss that rivalled any they had shared the previous morning. He finally reclaimed his tongue after sensing the hesitation in his lover's response. "It's just an owie babe, I ain't gonna shatter on ya."

"Yeah well, your little booboo is just a little to close to where you’re looking to play." Hutch smiled down at him. "Not only that Starsk, but you really needed a few stitches." Guilt clouded the shadowed eyes.

"Know what?" Starsky decided to change the topic, a moping angel was not what he wanted to see right now.

"What?" Hutch had slid a hand under the semi-opened pyjama top, running his hand lightly over the soft coat of his lover's chest, needing to feel the closeness of their flesh touching.

"I think I have a hangover." Starsky licked his lips as amusement flashed in his eyes.

Hutch laughed out right. "That's not a surprise Gordo, Christ! Between what I gave you and what you snuck when you thought I wasn't looking I would have thought you would have been screaming for a bucket long before now."

Starsky began to chuckle, delighted that it didn't seem to add any more discomfort to his injury. "I think I needed at least three quarters of what I had." Suddenly looking sheepish he added. "I do need ta go in a real bad way though Hutch."

Hutch jumped from the bed, biting his upper lip in thought. "Hang on buddy, be right back." He flew from the room.

Starsky giggled hearing his blond curse as items came crashing down from various tables and shelves. "Why don't ya try turning on a few lights Hutch." He laughed harder; reaching down to hold his wound, as complete silence enveloped the cabin for a few seconds before he could see brightness illuminate the rest of the house. "Atta boy." he chuckled under his breath.

Hutch soon returned with a slight limp and an empty pitcher. "Here you go Starsk." He pulled the sheet and blanket away, exposing his brunette.

Starsky thought he was going to melt into the mattress with embarrassment as his partner turned nurse wrapped a large hand around his flaccid penis. "Uh..Hutch? I was thinkin' maybe you could help me inta the bathroom."

"No way! You’re not going anywhere Starsk. Not until it starts to scab over and looks like it won't break open." Hutch looked up,penis still in one hand, container in the other. "Why are you turning red? Hell Starsk its not like we haven't helped each other do this before."

"That was before we became lovers." Starsky muttered turning his head to the side.

"Would it be easier if I let you do it?" Hutch gently placed the soft cock down, lightly squeezing it before he took his hand away.

Starsky smiled gratefully bringing his eyes up to once more meet those of his blonds'. "I'd like ta try anyway babe." He reached out a hand to take the plastic container.

"Okay." Hutch handed it to him, thinking he could still help if he coached his brunette along. "Just stick your dick inside and try not to spill any." He encouraged.

Starsky cast him a scathing look that would have sent most men running for cover.

"Um. I'll go get you a glass of water and a few more aspirin." Hutch nodded hastily retreating back to the safety of the kitchen.

"Stick your dick in it." Starsky snorted, as he did just that. "I know what I'd like ta stick my dick in." He let his thoughts drift in another direction as his bladder relaxed and emptied into the pitcher.

The sun was well on it's way to promising another scorching day. Hutch stepped outside the cabin with his fifth cup of coffee of the morning, leaving his partner to sleep peacefully. He stood for a few minutes sipping the hot liquid contemplating the sorry state the Torino was in. "Hey girl. You look almost as bad off as your master." He slowly circled the car, wincing at the numerous streaks of silver the trees had left in retaliation for being disturbed. "Well looks like I'll have to try and patch you up too little lady." Throwing the remains of his coffee in the dirt he placed the mug on the ground and got down to work.

Standing back just over an hour later, he smiled down at his lover's prized possession. He had changed the flat rear tire with the spare, and had removed the inner tube from the front one, Dobey had once again come through. His Captain had evidently planned for this sort of scenario, Hutch found a patch kit in the shed along with a step pump. "Well ole girl, if we can only keep boss ballistic from noticing that you need a new paint job we'll be home free." He spent the next twenty minutes or so under the car removing as much of the leaves and debris he could. Opening the hood to make sure there weren't any twigs or small branches threatening to hamper the trip into town. Satisfied he spent the rest of the morning packing up most of their belongings and loading them into the trunk and backseat.

"'M starved Hutch!" Starsky called from the bedroom. Although true, he hoped to keep his angel from hovering over him long enough for him to make it into the washroom and relieve himself in a more manly fashion. Hearing his blond declare that breakfast would be served in ten more minutes, he smiled as he continued to hobble on his way. Taking the time to shave he felt almost human. He stopped dead in his tracks when he opened the bathroom door.

"Lets get your bandage changed Gordo, then I'll help you dress." Hutch was grinning at him. "I'll help you out to the kitchen, or since your feeling so spry maybe you'd rather go on your own."

"Smart ass!" Starsky grinned back, lying down on the bed to let his blond check and re-wrap him.

"Don't I wish." Hutch made himself busy trying to ignore the semi-hard audience he had while attending to his task.

Starsky was watching him suspiciously. "What's got you so chipper this mornin' babe?"

Hutch paused just long enough to smile at him. "We're leaving here right after we eat and I clean up the dishes and the rest of the mess we made. We're going to stop in town long enough to get another tire put on the front of the Torino, and then I'm getting you home and to a hospital for a checkup."

"Why can't we just stay here?" Starsky was incredulous. "We let them scare us away once Blintz, we can't let Satin's witches win a second time.

Hutch smiled gently as he applied some iodine he had found in the medicine cabinet. "They didn't win the first time Starsk and they lost this time too. We'll come back and have the vacation I wanted the first time and you wanted us to have this time."

"Promise?" Starsky pleaded with his voice and his eyes.

Hutch started to help his lover into a pair of loose fitting sweat pants. "Don't you think Dobey would want to know what happened? I mean he'll feel bad enough what happened to us, but just think Starsk, one of the kids could have taken a tumble down that hill."

"Jesus!! I didn't think a that. Christ Hutch how many times do ya think Dobey's bin here with the kids since then?" Starsky paled at the thought of little Rosey's tiny body being pierced the way he had been.

"No idea. But you can bet he'll have every inch of this area combed for any other surprises that may have been left behind." Wrapping an arm around his partner's waist he took most of the weight as they made their way out to the table.

Breakfast finished, the apartment cleaned up, and the Torino finished being packed up, Hutch babbled incessantly as he helped his partner to the passenger side of the car and carefully settled him in. After a brief stop in the small town for a tire, Hutch ended up having to buy two for the front because they had nothing to match the mags Starsky pampered his second love with. Then they were on their way back to the city and home.

"Hutch?" Starsky feigned sleepiness, watching his blond out of half closed eyes. Hutch had insisted that the seat be put back as far as it could go, leaving the brunette in a semi-prone position.

"Yeah Gordo?" Hutch briefly glanced over, smiling as he thought his lover was close to drifting away.

"Exactly what the hell did you do to my car?" Starsky hid his grin by faking a yawn. "I mean its startin' ta sound like that hunk a twisted metal you call a vehicle." He almost lost it as he watched his blond first pale and then relax.

"I had to drive over a few bushes to get to you Starsk." Hutch reached over and gently patted his lover's abdomen. I’ll have Merle give her a good tune-up tomorrow or the next day."

"Kay." Starsky turned his head away, knowing his Blintz would also try and add a new paint job onto the bill. Knowing also that he wouldn't let him do it. As much as he loved his car, he would have driven it through the bowels of hell and left it there in order to get to his Hutch.

The hospital deemed it fruitless to re-open the wound in order to stitch it back up again, and sent them away with a prescription for antibiotics. Dobey, horrified at what had happened to his boys gave them a few extra days off, and as expected had the entire area searched. A few other traps were found though they were all in the vicinity of the cults old hideaway.

As soon as his blond left with the Torino Starsky was on the phone telling his mechanic what had to be done, how many coats of paint, and to send Hutch back to his place with a loaner. That done he busied himself setting the table while waiting for the special meal Huggy was preparing just for them. If The Bear was surprised by the request he kept it to himself, promising to have it delivered by six. Closing the drapes and shutting the blinds plunged the place into a state of near darkness Starsky had been counting on. Although the sun would be up for several more hours, he was pleased that it looked and felt like twilight had already arrived. Grinning mischievously he set the table with black tapered candles set in sterling silver holders, he had bought two place settings of all black china a few years before, never knowing why he had paid so much for something he didn't think he would ever use. Smiling now as he thought that maybe even then he had been hoping for this night. Checking his watch he was at the door and opened it just as a young man with a large package arrived. Starsky had the tip in his mouth as he took the delicious smelling bundle, thanking the kid when the money was removed. Besides laying out the food he had only one small thing left to do.

He had just finished arranging their meal when he heard his lover pull in and slam the car door shut. Lighting the candles he stood back as his blond walked through the front door. "Starsk? Merle wouldn..." Hutch’s jaw dropped open as his eyes were drawn to the only light in the room and his nostrils were assaulted with a heavenly aroma. "Starsk?" He took another tentative step not realizing he had shut the door behind him.

"Come on Blintz. Dinner’s gettin' cold." Starsky's smile outshone the candles.

Hutch took off his jacket and holster, setting both on the back of the couch as he slowly approached the table and his partner. "What's this for?"

"We gotta eat babe." Starsky pulled out a chair gently pushing his blond into it before seating himself.

Pouring the wine into crystal decanters Starsky noticed that his lover's attention was focused on the small painting he had propped up between the candles. "No one ever got me flowers before babe. I wanted to bring them home with us." He whispered.

Hutch's smile lit up the entire room. "I told you they never won."

Starsky's smile added to the illusion that sunlight had once more flooded the room. "An' they never will. Now hurry up an' eat babe."

"You want to rush a meal like this?" Hutch looked back in surprise.

"We can always reheat this." Starsky nodded as he shovelled in a mouthful. "I wanna show ya somethin'."

"Yeah? What's that?" Hutch warily put down his fork.

Starsky leered across the table. "I wanna show ya how well your beautiful voice can sing when I strum my instrument."

End