Title: We're Good Together

by Uris

Email: uris@fateordestiny.com

Fandom: Starsky and Hutch

Pairing: (you guessed it)

Rating: NC 17

Notes: Love 'Em and Live' Em challenge

Summary: Hutch needs to know if Starsky loves him.

Feedback: please

Archive: Tell me first

 

We're Good Together
by
Uris

Hutch watched Starsky walk into Captain Dobey's office after Starsky was cleared for desk duty from his doctor. Hutch had been assigned to work with Joan Meredith in Starsky's absence. Hutch was scheduled to take the lieutenant exam the following month and most likely would never work with his old partner again. Hutch looked at Starsky glancing through their old cases with regret. Hutch put his hand on his friend's shoulder. "How does it feel to be back?"

"Good. I was bored waiting to be cleared. Doc says that I might be able to return to full duty in a week or two. Hutch, you need to take a break. I can manage to get myself to physical therapy."

"I like driving you," Hutch said. He enjoyed spending time with Starsky and used any excuse to do so.

"Sweetheart, you're exhausted. I'm able to take myself to my appointments. I don't need you babysitting me." Starsky looked at an unsolved case that Hutch and he had worked on before he was shot.

"That case is going nowhere. Look at these." Hutch pulled out three files from the bunch that Dobey handed Starsky.

Hutch left with Meredith on a domestic violence call as Starsky was listening to several of the guys tells him what happened at the station while he was convalescing. After Hutch and Meredith finished their report, Hutch drove Starsky to Huggie's for dinner. "How was your first day?" Hutch asked as they took seats in the back of the restaurant.

"Boring." Starsky yawned. "I was filing reports and listening to what happened while I was on disability."

"How long do you think it will take you to catch up?" Hutch asked. He doubted that he would ever work with Starsky again. Captain Dobey wanted him to lead a domestic violence task force since he was sure that Hutchison would get the promotion to lieutenant. Hutch would be in charge of six to ten officers and would no longer walking a beat. He was starting to reminiscence about working with Starsky, but he was getting up in years and promotion looked awful good.

"Day or two. I miss working with you," Starsky said.

"I'm due for a promotion so I won't be partner with you regularly. I'm heading up a task force on domestic violence," Hutch said.

"Torres tells good stores, but Dobey and Griffin are putting me to sleep," Starsky said.

Hutch did a fake yawn. "It makes me tired just things about Captain's anecdotes. You were in a hurry to get back to work." Hutch touched Starsky's arm.

"It is boring sitting at home watching game shows. Hutch, my mother comes here all the way from New York and stays only two weeks," Starsky said.

"She said that you didn't need help and you needed to get your lazy butt up and run your own errands," Hutch said.

"She didn't say that," Starsky said.

"No. She said that I spoil you and you didn't need two people waiting on you," Hutch said. "She told me that you were lucky to have me." Hutch punched Starsky in the arm.

"Careful. I'm a little tender," Starsky teased.

"Mrs. Starsky said that you were as strong as an ox when she left and that I pampered you too much," Hutch said.

"Did she?" Starsky looked Hutch in the eyes.

"Yes." Mrs. Starsky implied that she was stepping on Hutch's toes and was in the way. She said that David was lucky to have someone that loved him as much as Kenneth Hutchison did.

"It is just that I got the two bedrooms so my mother could stay indefinitely and now I have this extra room."

"I'm using it," Hutch said.

"Are you moving your things back to Venice Beach now that I'm a hundred percent?" Starsky asked. Starsky waved at Huggie Bear. "Two burgers and pop," Starsky hollered across the restaurant to the thin black man wearing an apron.

"Gotcha ya," Huggie shouted as he approached the table.

"Bring us both a salad before the burgers," Hutch said. "House dressing on the side."

"No problem," Huggie said.

"Hutch, no more eating healthy. I don't need a Jewish mother around with you around," Starsky teased.

"Your mother felt rather redundant," Hutch teased back. "Starsk, we need to talk." Hutch made good eye contact with Starsky.

"After we eat, we'll take a walk on the beach." Starsky started to drink the coke the waitress brought out.

---

Hutch sat back in the Torino. Starsky drove slower and more carefully than Hutch remembered before the shooting. "I don't know how to say this."

"I'm your best friend. You held my hand all those days that I was in the hospital waiting to get better."

"I couldn't go back to work until I knew you would make it," Hutch said although Starsky knew that. Hutch could believe how nervous he was talking to his best friend and current roommate. He didn't renew the lease at his Venice Beach apartment when Starsky was still in the hospital. Starsky needed help with the bills and he could see himself paying the rent for a place that he wasn't using.

"What is it? You're taking the lieutenant exam and leading a task force, leaving me to walk the beat with a new partner," Starsky said.

"I no longer have an apartment. My lease came up for renew while you were in the hospital so I gave Mabel notice and moved my things into storage," Hutch said.

"I have a second bedroom since my mother isn't staying and you brought her a queen size bedroom set," Starsky said. "You can continue to stay with me."

"You needed someone to take care of you when you came home from the hospital," Hutch said, "and I didn't see the point in helping you with your bills and paying rent on a place that I wasn't using."

"And when were you planning to tell me this?" Starsky asked.

"When you were in the hospital, you didn't seem to mind me sharing your bed," Hutch said. He wanted to share Starsky's bed, not just come to his side when he was having a bad dream or to give him a massage. Hutch had fallen in love with Starsky. He didn't know when it happened but he didn't want to be with anyone other than David Starsky.

"I don't need you babysitting me. I'm a big boy."

"If you want me to go, I'll go. We have a bigger apartment and I bought all that nice furniture." Hutch wanted Starsky to want him to stay because he loved him, not because he felt that he needed a caregiver.

"I would like you to stay and you did furnish the second bedroom."

"I don't want to use the second bedroom," Hutch said curtly.

Starsky pulled over to the parking space along the beach. "What are you trying to say?"

"I love you and I want to continue to live with you."

"Not as a friend."

Hutch reached over and touched Starsky's face. "I'll always be your friend."

"But." Starsky looked into Hutch's eyes.

"I want more."

"What about the dream of a wife and two children?"

"If we wanted that dream, we would have it by now. That dream has passed me by. I found the person that I want to spend eternity with." Hutch put his thumb on Starsky's lip.

"You're completely nuts."

Hutch could feel his own arousal for his friend. It was overbearing, but he was nicely simmering. "Starsky, do you love me?" Hutch cupped Starsky's face with his large hands.

"Not like that." Starsky jerked away.

"Should I stay at a hotel?" Hutch asked.

"No. You pay half the rent. I needed your help the last four month. I should be the one to stay at a hotel."

Hutch put his hand on Starsky's thigh. "Think about it. We're good together." Hutch could feel Starsky's leg tremble under his hand and see the growing bulge on Starsky's jeans. Hutch moved his hand on Starsky's leg toward his inner thigh.

Starsky moved his legs together and put his hand over Hutch's hand. "I don't think about you that way."

Hutch touched Starsky's chin. Starsky wasn't acting like he wasn't interested. "But you could."

"I don't know. I need time." Starsky started the car and sped back to their apartment.

"You won't hear a sound from me until morning," Hutch said before heading to his bedroom. He considered it his room since he brought the furniture in it and his clothes were in dresser and closet.

"I can't be everything to you," Starsky said to the closed door.

"You already are," Hutch said back to the door. Hutch jerked off along thinking about Starsky's hands touching him. Hutch didn't know when he had stopped fantasizing about stewardesses and started fantasizing about his partner, but it felt good even if it was only his own hands. He
lubricated his fingers and fondled himself, wondering how Starsky's cock would feel inside him. He didn't know when he had turned queer, but it didn't matter at this moment. Starsky couldn't face that he felt the same way for him. Starsky looked so hot and nervous in the car under the lights near the beach.

---

At lunch, Hutch walked Starsky to the bakery near the station for a quick bite. "I can't continue this way. Starsky, do you love me?"

"You're my best friend."

"When you were hurting, I lied in bed with you. You told me that I could move my things into your place while you were at the hospital since it was such a long drive to Memorial from Venice Beach. You said that I could stay as long as I wanted. One doesn't say that to just a friend; I've put my life on hold for you."

"I was lonely," Starsky said.

"You're fine now. I need more than an occasional hug. Starsky, if you don't want me, tell me. If you say nothing, I'm gone," Hutch said. "Once I pass the exam, I'll transfer to another department and you never need to see me again."

"I need you to stay." Starsky looked into Hutch's blue eyes.

"But you don't want me in your bed."

"Hutch, you don't understand."

---

That evening, Hutch made a nice dinner while Starsky was at physical therapy. Hutch poured them each a glass of wine. "The steaks are on the grill. Enjoy your salad."

"Wining and dining me won't help." Starsky fiddled with his salad.

"I love you. I can't wait for you. I wanted to die when I thought you were dead. I prayed for you each day that you were recovering. I've been through hell. I'm not waiting in purgatory. I didn't think I could love anyone as much as I love you. I need you to love me in return." Hutch walked to the small patio and then put the steaks on a plate to carry them to the table.

"I need you. I have a two-bedroom apartment. I can't afford the place along with the medical bills that my insurance doesn't cover," Starsky said.

"If you can't return my love, I'm gone this weekend." It hurt Hutch too much to jerk off in the room next to Starsky's and not be allowed to touch him intimately. Hutch put the steaks on the table and got a jar of steak sauce for the refrigerator.

Starsky poured some steak sauce on his steak, cut it and took his first bite. "This is very good."

"I made salad and corn on the cob, too," Hutch said as he started to eat.

"I love you, but I don't know if I can love you."

"You have three days to decide. I can't put my life on hold any longer. It hurts too much." Hutch ate his salad before starting on his steak.

---

Hutch felt like crying when he lain in his bed alone. He started thinking about Starsky in a sexual way after the John Blaine case. He wondered if there was more to their relationship since he wanted to spend all his time with his best friend. He felt good about himself in Starsky's company. He didn't have to play the games that he did with women. David Starsky loved the true Kenneth Hutchison. He received the companionship and affection that he needed from Starsky and in his dreams he had the loving, too. Was asking for sex such a big step? When he lain beside Starsky when he needed affection, he was always pleasantly aroused. He would feel awkward about going to another room to jerk off still thinking about holding Starsky in his arms. He hadn't had sex with anyone since Starsky found him with Kira and that was quite a number of months ago. Was he just projecting his sexually on Starsky or was it possible for Starsky to return his affection? Hutch put lube on his hand and thought about Starsky's mouth on his cock, wondering if it would ever happen.

Hutch, in his briefs and athletic shirt, went to the kitchen for a glass of water. Starsky was in the living room lying on the sofa after falling asleep while reading a book still in his jeans and shirt. Hutch moved his hand over Starsky's forehead gently pushing back the curls. "Babe."

Starsky sat up. "I'm not up to dating. Hutch, leave me alone."

"I didn't mean anything." Hutch smiled brightly. He had jerked off so he wasn't aroused at the moment just could feel himself starting to simmer a little. Hutch put his hand on Starsky's face. Hutch sat down on the sofa beside the sleepy man in his wrinkled shirt. "I could look into your eyes forever."

"You're getting sappy."

Hutch leaned forward so their mouths were a breath apart. "You make me so happy."

"This could ruin our friendship."

Hutch put his hand on Starsky's thigh. He could see from Starsky's facial expressions that Starsky was aroused. "I turn you on." Hutch closed the space between them pressing his lips against Starsky's lips. Starsky's lips opened allowing Hutch's tongue to inside and his hand went around Hutch's back pulling him closer. Hutch pulled away rather breathless. "Not bad."

"It's been awhile." Starsky blushed. "You're pushy."

"Admit that you love me."

"I love you. Now, can I go back to sleep," Starsky mumbled still rather groggy.

"There is a queen size bed in my room," Hutch said.

"I don't want a cock up my ass."

"Not anyone's cock. Babe, we can just snuggle and kiss. No one has to put his cock up anyone's ass." Hutch put his hand on Starsky's thigh. "I wouldn't mind putting my mouth on that."

"My inner thigh is sensitive."

"We can just touch." Hutch moved his hand between Starsky's legs stroking inches away from Starsky's straining hard-on. "You like that." Hutch slowly unzipped Starsky's jeans. "I've seen you naked hundred of time before."

"You never made moves on me."

"You were never sporting wood." Hutch planted another kiss on Starsky's lips as his hand stroking Starsky's erection through his briefs. "I want you so much," Hutch whispered into Starsky's ear after breaking the kiss.

"Hutch, I've haven't been on a date in a very long time."

"You aren't exactly pushing me away."

"You kiss nicely and I could use the affection. Hutch, don't make this into something into it isn't."

"I'm attracted to you and you're obviously want me. Why fight it?"

"I'm not gay."

"Your dick is saying otherwise." Hutch pulled off Starsky's jeans and briefs. Hutch returned his hand to Starsky's cock. "Let me get you off."

Starsky nodded.

Hutch planted his lips around the tip of Starsky's cock. He never gave a man head before but he knew what he liked. He licked around the tip before he started to suck on it. He didn't plan to deep throat it but just suck on it some. Starsky quivered like he was close to firing. Hutch put one hand on the base of Starsky's cock as his other hand went on Starsky's hip to balance him.

"Don't," Starsky shouted.

Hutch continued to do a better job than most of his old girlfriends did.

Starsky pulled Hutch's head inward and moaned lightly.

Hutch took more length in his mouth before Starsky screamed and fired. Hutch licked the soften organ as he pulled his mouth away trying not to gag on the bitter tasting liquid. "I think we both needed that."

"You're completely crazy."

"Sleep with me." Hutch unbuttoned Starsky's shirt. "You are so sexy."

"I'll join you in bed in a few minutes."

"Sure. I need a shower."

"So do I."

"Join me." Hutch put a hand on Starsky's coarse cheek.

"I need to think about what just happened."

"You came in my mouth." Hutch kissed his forehead.

"You don't have to be vulgar about it."


The End