Title: Storm and Comfort

Author: Cappristar (Debs)

montedebs@aol.com

Pairing: Starsky/Hutch

Rating: PG

Type: Slash

Status: Complete

Archive: Yes

Series: Yes. The Elements

Disclaimers: I don't own them, only wish I did. Heavy sigh. I write only for fun and most certainly not for profit

Summary: A change in the weather causes Starsky to face some buried demons

Notes: Again a special thanks to Michelle my beta-reader.


Storm and Comfort
by Cappristar


Lights flickered and waned. A low rumble, resolutely promising to soon give full voice to it's awakening fury, increased its volume as it raced across the inky late afternoon sky.

"There are more candles in the medicine cabinet." The blond hinted while rooting through a drawer beside the one he kept his utensils in next to the stove.

The dark haired one stood still watching as the last of the electricity highlighted the now dry splotches of what had been kicked up sand flakes, though it continued to adhere to the golden flesh of his lover's back. An involuntary shudder ran through him while he hastily stepped forward to brush the remnants away. The gritty beige lumps brought to mind leeches stuck to his own skin once upon a long time ago while on an ill-fated fishing trip with his favorite uncle. "Are they sore?"

"What?" The blond tossed his head over a broad shoulder barely making out the small red blot on his skin where a few grains still remained. "No..no not at all..Starsk?" He turned fully around, alarmed at the site of the suddenly pale form of his want before him.

The gods decided not to serenade placidly any longer as a loud crash, seemingly overhead, shook the tenement. The blond caught only a glimpse of the mostly dried denim encased round globes hurriedly fleeing in the direction of the front door only to divert their master towards and into the washroom.

Complete darkness. Only 3:15 according to the stove clock the blond had noted just before he had swiveled around to regard his lover in distress.

Blinding light cackled it's reply to it's dark mate, the pungent aroma of ozone combined with the natural strength of its own indestructible power knocked out the makings of pride over the taming the elements.

"Hutch!!!" I can't see..Hutch!!" A shaky screech from the ebony hollow of the chamber near the front door.

The minuscule light from the wavering taper proved more than sufficient for the blond to work his way around his own furniture, bringing his own flame to light the quavering wick protruding from the tightly fisted wax in his lover's hand.

Another crack. Another flash. The elements of the sky no longer denying their lust for each other as they collided to become not only one but at the same time dared any other to question their union.

The blond flinched slightly. Leaning towards the front door he tested the switch, not in the least surprised to find it unresponsive. "Take my hand." He ordered reaching his own out to grasp the wrist not gripping the candle, though clenching the vanity top.

"Scared Hutch." The slender fingers allowed themselves to be pried free.

Nodding the blond removed the fire from the other slender hand before gathering his cherished bundle close to his bare chest. Another flash lit the room at the same time as thunder again boomed down from above. Leading the dark man towards the sofa, the blond tried not to loom
above, deeply afraid that he would become a source of fear if the lightning backlit him the wrong way. Falling to one knee he again took up a shaky hand. "Trust me?"

"I hate this." Came the quivering response, a soft nod and delicate smile following as he leaned further into the warmth of his own light.

"Why?" Came the ultra-soft response.

"I jus..I just wanna be with you." The dark muttered suddenly ashamed of his own weakness in the midst of his desires strength.

Another crack followed quickly by another flash.

"Not so loud now." The blond muttered, barely heard by the brunette.

The low grumble of the departing storm cast one more booming clap followed by it's lover's equally violent blaze before moving off into the unseen horizon.

The blond moved to the front window, gazing on in wonderment as the crystal eyes followed the passage of the storm.

The dark one watched silently, shaking, still he fascinated how his blond could be so calm in the face of such unmistakable power. He noted with a quick lean forward that the TV was still out of commission.

"Guess I'm not the only one with childhood secrets." The blond turned suddenly, blocking out the tempest at his back, the candle flame highlighting the intensity in his eyes.

The dark one tried to duck under the scrutiny and knowing of those glittering sapphire orbs until he gave up with a weary shrug.

"There are leeches no matter where we live babe. They'll latch onto you as soon as they smell blood." The blond joined his lover and pulled slightly behind the beloved neck, entwining his large hand in the wayward curls.

"I had never bin campin' before." The dark one began with an apologetic grin.

"And you've never enjoyed it since." The blond smiled bright enough to light the non-functioning manufactured powered room. "Come with me. .." He beckoned and smiled broader when his hand was taken and squeezed.

"How'd ya know?" The dark head pushed back trying to meld into the electricity of his lover's touch. "Why I hate it so much I mean."

"I've known for a long time babe. You have your fears and I have mine." They rose, the blond gently guided the brunette towards the bed. "Together we can conquer all."

"The rest we can forget?" The dark one countered snuggling deep into the heat of the smooth skin.

Thunder clapped its warning in the distance, it's mate again brightening the room. "No....but I do understand."

The first sheet of rain slammed into the front windows.

END