Title: Phantoms in the Mist

Author: Cappristar (Debs)

montedebs@aol.com

Pairing: Starsky/Hutch

Rating: PG

Type: Slash

Status: Complete

Archive: Yes

Series: Yes, third part to 'The Elements'

Disclaimers: I don't own them, only wish I did. Heavy sigh. I write only for fun and most certainly not for profit

Summary: Temporarily lost the boys turn a search into some fun.



Phantoms In The Mist
By Cappristar (Debs)


"Can you see anything ?" The blond tried to hunch his way deeper into his black leather jacket.

"End of my nose, but that's about it." Came the terse reply from the shivering dark-haired partner. "An' don't go tellin' me it's not freezin' out here 'damp' just doesn't cut it this time Blintz."

"So that explains why the vapor gets thicker when we breathe." The blond brought a hand to his forehead as if to somehow block the haze from affecting his sight, failing miserably he dropped it back down. "There has to be a place we can use a phone somewhere out here. It's not my fault that I dropped the keys. It was you that wanted to stop for a leak."

"Yeah well, if ya splurged half of what ya spend on your plants and bought a half decent vehicle we wouldn't be in this predicament." The brunette stalked off, disappearing into the fog. "I can't help it if I havta piss sometimes. I ain't immortal as much as you seem ta be."

"What has my car got to do with dropping the keys? Besides you didn't seem to complain when I suggested we go for a drive." The pale beam of the flashlight only brightening the path his lover took enough to turn the gray into the same shade of his hair, revealing nothing. "Where are you?"

The unmistakable sound of gravel being skidded on followed by a heavy thud and strained "Oh shit!" gave the blond somewhat of a clue.

"Starsk?" He winced almost feeling the sharp pebbles digging into his own knees. "You okay hon?"

"No. I'm not fuckin' okay! I just found the ditch."

"There you are." A large hand reached down to pull his tempermental partner up and out.

"'M gettin' the creeps being out here Hutch." The deep scowl was hidden as he brushed off the front of his jeans.

"Don't worry Starsk..I won't let the bogeyman get you."

"Ya don't suppose there's a cemetery near here do ya?" A loud gulp followed, as a leather encased arm was gripped almost painfully.

"Why do you always do that?" It was the fairer of the duo's turn to frown. "You always manage to frighten yourself more than what the circumstances warrant."

"Just because you don't believe in ghosts doesn't mean they don't exist." Sounding petulant even to himself, he couldn't keep himself from moving in closer to his blond's heat, lacing the long arm over his shoulders. "I hate not bein' able ta see."

"It's only low flying clouds Starsk." Placing a soft kiss into the moisture dampened curls he squeezed protectively. "They'll go back up to where they belong soon."

"Sure?"

"Positive."

"Wonder why they come down here at all." Looking nervously around at nothing he managed to regain some of his bravado as he pulled slightly away from his blond.

"Because.."

"Never mind Hutch. I don't really need a meteorological report right now. What I need is you, naked and quiet..well not too quiet under the sheets." He grinned lasciviously.

"Well I can tell you've managed to get your mind off of flesh eating goblins."

"Not all of 'em." Came a husky reply with a painful pinch to the blond's broad ass, followed by a giggle at the sharp yelp.

"Behave." A long finger was jabbed into the bomber clad chest. "I'd hate for the highway patrol to stumble upon me taking you here in the mist."

"How come ya never get spooked by the weather babe?" The brunette asked, again moving closer.

The blond gently pushed his lover away and took a step into the gloom. "There are far more frightening things that could happen that don't involve the weather Gordo."

"Losin' me?"

"Losing you." The blond ghosted back towards his life. "I can't imagine anything worse."

"'M not goin' anywhere anytime soon babe." It was the brunette's turn to comfort as he wrapped his own brown sheathed arm around the slender waist. "Guess we both fear that being a strong possibility though."

"You ever think about quitting?"

"No."

"Because of your father?"

"No." Emphatically then softer. "In the beginning yes. But it was you. You and your vision of bein' able ta make a difference that drew me even before your gorgeous looks sucked me in for the duration." Running a tapered hand over the well defined cheek. "He was the reason, but you're the drive."

The blond bent his head, his crimson cheeks hidden by the shadows and haze. "That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me Starsk."

"No. The second nicest." The brunette continued to flirt as he ran his hand up the seam at the ass of his lover's denim's. "Told ya once that you were a helluva lot better than Capn' Crunch."

A small smile wafted across the pale features. "Yeah. Yeah you did."

"Ya notice anything?" The brunette glanced cautiously around.

"It's getting lighter." The blond nodded. "I can see you with my eyes now and not just my mind."

"You notice anything different 'bout me?" The smaller man waggled his eyebrows.

"You mean the pole trying to sprout it's way out of the top of your jeans?" A throaty chuckle followed the observation. "I noticed."

"Look what I found." A rounded ass shook knowing its lover was behind. "Keys."

"Guess the other phantoms will have to take over drifting through the mist." The light one twisted the dark around until he was sprawled over the hood of the dented car. "Unless you'd rather take your chances with being discovered singing to my tune."

"Start singin' babe." The rustle of a belt removed and the scrape of a zipper opened followed a hungry moan of want.


End