Pictures

by Athena

athena@fateordestiny.com

Fandom: Starsky And Hutch

Pairing:

Rating: NC 17

Summary: While Starsky and Hutch are staking out a warehouse, Hutch is stalked.

Series: Ghosts From The Past 2

 

Ghosts From The Past 2: Pictures

by Athena

Hutch put two cups of coffee on his desk and looked at the paperwork handed him by the shift leaving. "So anything happen over the holiday?" he asked.

"Only a few drunk and disorderly; the guys downstairs handled it," Flores said.

"That's good to hear?" Starsky said as he started to look over Hutch's shoulder at the files Hutch was handed, putting his hand on Hutch's shoulder as he leaned further down.

"Hutch, who's the new girl?" Peterson asked, eyeing the small hickey on Hutch's fair skin.

Starsky put his finger over his lips to make a SH sound. "Do you remember that stewardess that wanted to date both of us?"

Peterson nodded.

"They're called flight attendants," Hutch said. "I've been seeing her off and on. She wants to keep things casual."

"I don't blame her," Det. Liz Thorpe said. "You're the kiss of death."

"That isn't nice," Starsky said. "All these reports are old."

"New Years was quiet," Thorpe said, "Besides, I wouldn't date either of you."

"Thanks a lot," Starsky said. "I don't want another girl to be a target."

"He's still mourning Terry," Hutch said.

"I was close to death myself. I can't let a woman take a bullet for me," Starsky said. "Since all the paperwork is old, would anyone care for some donuts and fresh coffee? It's on me."

"Starsk, when was the last time you treated?" Peterson asked.

"Then, it's my turn." Starsky left as the other detectives were looking at each other confused.

---

After Starsky returned with four cups of coffee and a dozen donuts, Dobey called Starsky and Hutch into his office. "I need you to help with Narcotics' stake out. Their back-up didn't show."

"Give me the address," Hutch said.

Dobey handed Hutch a piece of paper with the address written on it.

"We're on our way," Hutch said. Hutch drove them to a seemingly abandoned warehouse. There was no police cars in sight or other cars for that matter.

"What's going on here?" Starsky whispered with his gun ready standing outside the Ford.

"Hell, if I know," Hutch whispered. "There should be two unmarked police vehicles and at least four detectives here."

"Get back in the car. Call Dobey and verify the address," Starsky said as he climbed back into the Ford.

Hutch verified the address over the police radio; it was the one Dobey was given. "No one is here," Hutch explained.

"Take a look around and be careful," Dobey said before signing off.

Hutch had his gun in his hand as he stepped back out of the vehicle and closed the door as softly as possible. Starsky followed suit. Hutch walked around the building as lightly as possible trying not to make noise with his foot falls. Starsky stayed close behind.

Starsky whispered to Hutch, "I hear people inside. Do you think we're being set-up."

"The detectives probably left on pursuit," Hutch said.

"And Dobey would have the update. Let's get the hell out of Dodge," Starsky said as they returned to the Ford walking as softly as possible.

Hutch called Dobey back. "We walked to the other side. Dispatch gave you the wrong address."

---

Hutch drove them back to the station. Immediately upon entering the station, they entered Dobey's office. "There should have been two unmarked police vehicles there," Hutch insisted.

"I double checked the address," Dobey said.

"We heard people in the warehouse although from the outside it no longer looked to be in use," Starsky said.

"That's very odd," Dobey agreed."I got no orders from dispatch to pursue. Patrol the area. Keep me informed."

"Aye, aye, Captain," Starsky said in a very fake pirate voice.

----

Hutch said as they were back in his ghetto cruiser, "I don't like it."

"Do you think it has anything to do with Greg?" Starsky asked.

"Just because the bastard got our phone number," Hutch said.

"He's been stalking you," Starsky said.

"He's a business man and here to open a new office; that's all," Hutch said.

"And what does he sell?" Starsky asked.

"Security systems. He's angry that I told him no."

"He tried to force himself on you. He has no right calling you at all hours or following you."

---

Starsky and Hutch parked the car and walked about the warehouse district. It seemed unusually quite, but then it was the first of January and many businesses were closed. "Nothing strange," Starsky said.

"I rather stay in the Ford," Hutch said.

"I'm with you. It's spooky down here. It's so quiet." Starsky and Hutch walked side by side along the waterfront in the silence of a chilly winter day. After returning to the car, Starsky reported, "Nothing unusual."

"Take dinner. Return to patrolling the area afterwards," Dobey suggested.

---

Starsky and Hutch went to The Pits for early dinner. Greg was sitting in the corner booth; had he come here directly after work to knowing that Hutch usually ate here or did he just like Huggy Bear's cooking?

"What's going down?" Huggy asked.

"We were set on a phony call this afternoon," Hutch said. "There were people inside a building that looked abandoned; there was supposed to be two police vehicles and there were none. Starsk and I didn't like the look of it."

"Do you think some crooked cops were trying to get you and Starsky to take the fall?" Huggy asked.

"I don't know. If they want to distract us, they would have sent fifty cars down there so there would be no one left to deal with the real crime," Starsky said as he returned from Greg's table.

"Someone wants to make you and Hutch look foolish," Huggy said. "I think you spent enough time in that district."

"But why were there no cars around a warehouse when there are people inside but no electric lines going into the building and the doors are bordered up," Starsky said. "Something doesn't ring true."

"Probably drugs," Hutch whispered.

Greg walked over to Starsky and Hutch and took a photograph.

"You have no right to take our picture." Starsky stood up and reached over to grab Greg's expensive camera.

"Leave him alone," Hutch said pulling Starsky back into his seat.

"You can't let the asshole follow us," Starsky said.

"See you around." Greg smiled then walked away.

Huggy went over to Greg and gave him his check. "I don't want to see you around here again."

"Whatever." Greg gave Huggy a ten. Huggy counted out the change. "Keep one for yourself."

"Thanks. I leave my patrons alone or I'll have you escorted out of here," Huggy said before returning to the kitchen.

"Someone in Narcotics wants it covered up," Starsky said to Hutch.

Huggy returned to Starsky and Hutch's table with sodas, chips and salsa. "Order."

"Two of your house specials," Hutch said.

Huggy looked at Starsky. "Extra hot for you." Huggy pointed his finger to table. "Coming at you."

Greg was still sitting in the corner booth.

Hutch walked over to the table. "Stalking is a crime. You were told to leave."

"You could be stalking me. I can tell that you want my ass," Greg said.

"That was a long time ago." Hutch looked Greg over like he was a suspect; he didn't seem as frightening in an open space.

"I have pictures of you and your man. I'm sure the other officers would love to look at them," Greg said.

"I won't be blackmailed. If you're not out of here in a minute, I'll call to have you escorted out," Hutch said in his detective voice. Hutch returned to his table and put his arm around Starsky. "He says he has pictures of us."

Greg snapped another picture as he left the restaurant.

"Ignore him," Starsky whispered. "He's just trying to frighten you. We live on the second floor and we always have our window shades down."

"It's working," Hutch whispered back. "I don't like that man following me."

"We'll talk more about this while we stake out that warehouse."

"Sure, Starsk." Hutch put his hand on Starsky's hand.

Starsky called Dobey at a pay phone and told him that they planned to stake out the warehouse and explained Hutch and his suspicions. They parked near the back door of the warehouse. Although there no cars near the warehouse, there was cars parked at the next warehouse that appeared dark and locked, besides there was the noise of a generator inside the warehouse which seemed closer to the back than front door.

"It's going to be a boring night," Starsky said as he walked up the block a little to listen if there were still people talking inside. It was hard to hear much over the grind of the generator. Eventually, he heard women chattering about what they brought their children for Christmas and how their kids bored of the toys in a day. It sounded like a normal place of business, but if it were a normal place of business, they would use electricity from the outside and not relying on a small generator.

"Tell me about it," Hutch said. "I would rather be watching football."

"So do think that old boyfriend of yours is dangerous?"

"He ain't an old boyfriend."

"Whatever?"

"He says he has pictures."

"Of what; us holding hands? Shit, we done that in the station. I kissed your forehead or ruffled your hair there." Starsky walked back to the ghetto cruiser.

"It's nothing to worry about."

Three women wearing white lab coats made their way out of the seemingly abandoned warehouse. Starsky and Hutch got out of the car and followed them on foot. Hutch wrote down the license plate of the vehicle while the women climbed inside it. Starsky and Hutch returned to the warehouse. There was only the hum of the generator and it was dimly lit like someone left on a few lights. Another sound could be heard but not clearly; perhaps, a radio or television had been left on. The ladies were probably employees and didn't know that much about operation. Hutch called in the CA license plate.

As they waited for more people to leave the building, Dobey told Hutch the name and address of the woman that registered the car. "Are you sure there is someone else in there or is it television left on?" Dobey asked.

"We'll wait. There could be men with guns waiting for us," Hutch said. "Run a police record for the woman owning the car."

"Will do," Dobey said. "No electricity or telephone lines to the premises. You're right that something is wrong with this scenario."

Hutch and Starsky waited near the door until dawn no one else left the building but the heard people entering on the other side but they got there too late to take a count or figure out that cars that they drove in. "Starsky, we should get some rest then look at the data we have."

"We need to talk to Dobey about this. No outside electricity or phone lines and the car is registered to an out-of-town address."

"They're making drugs in there," Hutch said. "No one that entered looked armed and dangerous. We should be able to close them down with an arrest warrant."

"Let's get a little sleep and we'll talk to Dobey around noon."

"Agreed," Hutch yawned. "Next time, we stay up all night on stake-out. I'm taking a nap. I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Me, Either. I could sleep all day." Starsky yawned and stretched as Hutch pulled into the road. When Hutch pulled onto the expressway, Starsky was wide-awake listening to the honking of rush hour traffic. "Relax. There is no point in hollering at the other drivers."

"You drive," Hutch complained.

"Next time. The Torino is stalling out constantly. Those mechanics that fixed her don't know a thing. I can't afford to get her engine rebuilt and I have to pay insurance for her if she runs or not," Starsky complained.

"You could put her in storage until you raise the money to repair her properly," Hutch said.

"And I'm left without a car," Starsky whined.

"Use mine."

"Do you think Dobey will store her in his garage until I can afford to have her engine rebuilt? She's a one of a kind. I can't let any mechanic touch her."

"Ask him."

----

After getting nearly five hours of sleep, Dobey called, "I hate to wake you guys up, but I got some interesting photographs in my mailbox. Could we look at them at my house?"

Hutch yawned. "What is this about?"

"Some one wants to blackmail you; he has pictures of you and Starsky. I'm sure he has other copies," Dobey said.

"Starsky and I will be right over." Hutch dressed immediately after hanging up the phone. "Greg sent Captain Dobey pictures of us together. They didn't sound graphic from the sound of Dobey's voice. Do you want to look at them?"

Starsky hurried into his jeans and tee shirt. "Sure."

Dobey sat down of the sofa after his two guests. "The pictures weren't offensive. I mean they were taken of you and Starsk in public places," Dobey explained handing Hutch the pile.

Hutch laughed as he saw a photo of him with his arm around Starsky at The Pits remembering when Greg took it. "These are blackmail pictures? Everyone knows that I hug my friend."

"Do you mind if Edith joins us?' Dobey asked. "They aren't anything that you won't put in a photo album."

"I'm not embarrassed," Starsky said.

"Edith, bring out some coffee and cookies," Dobey hollered.

"Will do, Sweetheart," she said.

The pictures were as Dobey said. Starsky and Hutch were in public places occasionally holding hands or in each other's personal space. The most explicit was Hutch leaning over Starsky touching both his shoulders with his head pressed close to Starsky's head. Nothing that could remotely be called erotic. "Can you make copies for Starsky and I? We could use a few photographs showing how well Starsky recovered from the shooting."

"You don't think they are blackmail?" Edith asked.

"I've kissed Hutch briefly in front of you," Starsky said. "We aren't in the closet. I don't know it was a crime to hold my friend's hand and to enjoy his company."

"If these pictures were sent to the Chief of Police, he might ask me to separate you. I think these picture might imply you're more than friends," Dobey said.

"Harold, they just show two men that like each other's company," Edith said. "Don't give the blackmail anything. Gentlemen, you don't think the pictures were offensive?"

"No," Starsky said. Hutch and he never did more than hold hands in public. They weren't stupid adolescents that made out in public. He couldn't recall if he ever gave Hutch a peck on the lips in public, but he doubted it. Hutch hadn't kiss his wife in public and rarely had held her hand.

"Hutch, should we ignore them?" Dobey asked.

"Yes. If the commissioner wants to separate us due to this, so be it," Hutch said. "He wouldn't ask for our resignations."

"I doubt that. You aren't the only gay police officers," Dobey said. "Hutch, I'll make you a copy for your records. Do you know who took them?"

"A man that I jilted," Hutch said. "I'll speak to him."

---

As Starsky and Hutch were getting hot dogs at a cart in the park, Hutch saw Greg with his camera. "I'll confront him," Hutch said.

"Go ahead," the other man said.

Hutch looked at Greg as he finished his hot dog. "Greg, Dobey showed me the pictures. You're quite the photographer. Would you like to spend time in jail for hassling a police officer or you going to stop stalking me?"

"What about the pictures?" Greg asked.

"Captain Dobey will give me a copy for my photo album. Starsk and I haven't had time to have our pictures taken since he recovered from the shooting. Thanks." Hutch wiped the mustard off his face with a handful of napkins.

"But your captain knows you're queer."

"He found the pictures so inoffensive that he shared them with his wife. Greg, leave us alone." Hutch put the napkins and paper hotdog holder into the trash, than walked back to Starsky.

"So?" Starsky put his hand on Hutch's shoulder.

"I think he'll stop following us. We have to go over the information Dobey has about the warehouse."

---

Starsky and Hutch needed more information for a warrant so they staked out the warehouse, again. After awhile they were fairly sure that there was no heavy artillery inside, they hoped to look around enough to get evidence that drugs were being manufactured there. It sounded like there were more people working today than the day before. Several young men left around dinnertime. Hutch took down the license plates of their vehicles to look them up later.

Finally, a man in a business suit left carrying an attaché case. He walked to the neighboring lot and started his luxury car; Starsky and Hutch tailed him through the early evening traffic. The man parked at a storefront, walked to an office above a store and opened his attaché case there. Starsky and Hutch stayed in the hallway of the second floor, which contained stores and offices. The man behind a counter of the pawnshop looked at the stuff in the case. He counted out a large wad of money and pulled the open attaché case across the counter giving Starsky and Hutch a brief glimpse of the powder inside. Starsky and Hutch could arrest the two men making the transaction or wait to get the warrant and close down the warehouse making the drug.

The man that sold the drug passed the two jean clad men without giving them a second look. Hutch had put his hands in his pockets and looked at the floor while Starsky paced. After the man in the business suit had long gone, Starsky walked into the pawnshop and arrested the clerk for purchasing drugs.

It was an easy arrest; the elder clerk was the only one in the shop at the time. The two detectives allowed the man to lock the pawnshop before leaving. The pawnshop owner called his wife with his phone call. She would open the shop and she seemed to know nothing about drugs from the brief conversation that Hutch overheard. The man wouldn't answer questions until his lawyer arrived so Peterson agreed to stay with him while Starsky and Hutch went to courthouse to get a warrant.

The warrant to search the warehouse was issued immediately. After back up came, the three women that Starsky and Hutch followed to their car and the one business man that they tailed earlier were arrested and a ten kilo bag of cocaine was sieged, an opened bag, and several smaller bags. Some powder was still on scales being measured.

---

Starsky and Hutch arrived at the bullpen 9 AM the following morning. "It was a small operation," Starsky said. "Someone in Narcotics is hiding a bigger operation. They gave us this little one to appease us."

"I'm not the captain of Narcotics," Dobey said. "I can't prove your suspicion."

"The bust was barely worth our time," Hutch said. "They had four people working at the lab when the bust went down and there was less than 20 kilograms of drugs on the premise. I think someone in Narcotics sent us there instead of to the real location."

"I agree, but I can't have you do Narcotics' job," Dobey said. "Look at it this way, that is over 40 pounds of junk that won't get into kids."

"It makes little difference," Hutch said. "The big suppliers are still out there."

"Finish up the paperwork for the bust and take the night off," Dobey said. "If you're so angry with Narcotics, you should transfer to their department."

"Hell, no," Starsky said. "I don't need it. The guys here are family. I go there I'm just a left-handed, Jewish, queer."

"No one would know that," Dobey said.

"We can't go back in the closet," Hutch said.

"I have my other detectives look into it," Dobey said. "Narcotics is hiding bigger prey, but promise me that you two will stay out of it. We don't need an interdepartmental war. You aren't IA. I made copies of the photographs that your ex sent me. You owe me eight dollars."

Hutch loaded him a ten. "Keep the change. Are you going to show the pictures to the commissioner?"

Dobey handed Hutch a small album. "Why? Everyone knows you and Starsky are close. Anyone can go to Huggy's and see you hold hands. Take the tonight off." Dobey put his hand on a file. "You know that in police work we follow a drug distributor for weeks and only get half a kilo. I know that Narcotic was probably hiding something bigger when they made that call on the 1st but it's out of your hands."

"I hope these pictures don't ruin our career?" Starsky said.

"No one saw them but me," Dobey said. "I'm keeping a copy for your protection and these are yours to enjoy. People are figuring it out. On the second, someone wrote cocksucker on Hutch's locker before you guys came in. I had Flores wash it off."

"We've been getting anonymous notes to leave the department," Starsky said.

Hutch pulled one out of his jacket pocket. "This is one of my favorites."

Dobey started laughing. "I hope it isn't one of our guys. The asshole can't spell. I'll see what I can find out about Narcotics and I can go into their files and find out why you and Starsky were misled. I've talked to a few people up there and you two stay out of it."

"We'll stay out of Narcotics' business," Starsky said.

"I mean it. If you two clowns go up there and cause trouble, I'm busting you to traffic," Dobey said.

Starsky took the photo album from Hutch on the way out of Dobey's office. Thorpe snatched the album. "Christmas photographs?" she asked.

"Not that exciting. A friend of mine took them," Hutch said.

Thorpe and Flores started to look at the pictures as Peterson and the other guys tried to get a glimpse. Hutch laughed as the quote blackmail pictures made their way around the bullpen.

Flores finally asked, "Hutch, are you and Starsky together?"

"Thanks for washing that word off my locker," Hutch said.

"I couldn't let that vile word sit there until you came in. You were on stake out the night before," Flores said.

"I told Dobey about it," Peterson said. "We can't have guys from downstairs bad mouthing our team."

"And if one of your team is a cocksucker," Hutch said.

"There wasn't a stewardess," Peterson said, making an ugly face like he finally understood.

. "Do you think we're idiots? You sit on the same chair, eat off the same donuts and drink out of the same coffee cup. No other partners touch each other as often as you do," another detective, Griffin, said. "You're the best at what you do. If I'm in a tough spot, I want you guys to be my back up even if you're fags."

"My roommate gave me the hickey." Hutch smiled as he admitted.

"You're a great team," Thorpe said.

"Thanks," Starsky said. "The shit is going to get worse. Other departments aren't going to like that a couple of fags have the best crime solved records."

"You guys look in love," Flores said, looking at the photo album.

"We are," Starsky said.

"I don't want the other department knowing that our best team is a couple of faggots," Griffin said. "Try to keep your private life private."

"Griffin, Hutch and I have been close for years. I'm not going to pretend that I don't live with him," Starsky said.

Dobey entered the room. "Give the album back to Hutch and everyone back to work." Dobey crossed his arms across his chest. "You get blackmail pictures from a jilted lover and you pass them around like their pictures from your last vacation."

"We used our last vacation for Starsky's convalesce," Hutch complained.

"Everyone back to work. Starsky, Hutch, if anyone breathes a word that you were up in Narcotics, I'll bust you both to traffic," Dobey said, before returning to his office.

---

Starsky looked at the clock when they arrived home; it was quarter to five. He put on his new album, "The Wall" recorded by Pink Floyd against Hutch's protest. "It isn't as depressing as Animals," Starsky promised. "Besides, it's very true."

"You win," Hutch sighed in defeat. "We're now out to the guys in the department."

"It wasn't a secret," Starsky said. "Flores and Peterson washed the word cocksucker off your locker. Do you think Joe and Bob would like to join us for dinner?"

"I haven't had queer friends since college," Hutch said.

"And they were all trying to get into your pants," Starsky teased.

"True, but I didn't let them."

"I don't believe you." Starsky threw Hutch a kiss.

"Sit down." Hutch motioned for Starsky to join him on the beat up green sofa.

"It needs a cover," Starsky said.

"Didn't your mother buy one when she was here?" Hutch asked.

After looking in the linen closet a moment, Starsky put the slipcover back on the sofa. "So did any of those college boys get your pretty little ass?"

"It's embarrassing," Hutch said.

"And it wasn't embarrassing that I gave another private a blow job in a foxhole and told him to imagine that his girl back home was doing it. I even offered to bite him like she did," Starsky said. "You aren't the only one that has been sex starved."

"I went to his dorm room and he put on some classic music. He started to kiss me and I nearly vomited. I thought I could do it but once he took off his pants, I panicked. I buttoned my shirt and I was out of there. I didn't think about touching a man that way again until I was in your bed and had my arms wrapped you," Hutch said. "Okay, that is the whole story. I flirted with a few guys, but I couldn't do it. Then, I met Van and decided that it was easier to be with girls."

"Kenny, thanks for being honest." Starsky kissed his forehead before leaving the apartment, walked a few apartments down the hall and knocked on the door.

Bob hugged Starsky at the door. "I thought you guys worked nights."

"We broke a case and our captain gave us the night off," Starsky said. He wasn't going to tell Bob that he was ordered not to work on the case on his own. "Would you guys to join us for dinner and listen to some LPs?"

"We would love to," Bob said.

"I'll bring the Guinness," Joe said.

"Kenny buys that brand," Starsky said. "I'll drink almost anything. Did you guys eat?"

"Not yet," Joe said.

"I can make some Ragu and pasta," Starsky said.

"I make great homemade sauce," Bob said. "Bring Kenny and your new album here. We have room to sit down."

"I'll be right back then; I'll help make the sauce," Starsky said.

"You mentioned that you were Jewish, I can cook the sausage on the side and make the sauce meatless," Bob said.

"I'll eat anything that won't eat me first. Kenny teases me about my cast-iron stomach," Starsky said. "I love hot peppers and sausage."

"Is 'Animals' cool?" Joe said putting a record on his player.

"Sure," Starsky stated. "I have to get Kenny. Be back in a few." Starsky waved as he left.

---

"Hutch, let's go." Starsky put his arm on Hutch's arm. "I'm going to help Bob make sauce."

"I'll bring the photographs," Hutch said. "I rather you called me Kenny."

"Hutch is too butch for you."

"I'm not butch. Everyone at the station knows I'm a cocksucker. It's hard to keep my head up high."

"You're my bitch."

"I'm not as stoic as you."

"The guys harassing us know that. They leave you the anonymous notes and write on your locker. As long as no one at the station orders you on your knees."

"You didn't see the look the other detectives gave me. I felt so small."

"At six-one, I doubt that."

"Dirty, like I was naked in front of them. Why are all the nasty notes on my desk or stuffed into my locker?"

"Because I nearly died and you're more sensitive. Blondie, if anyone at the station tells you to get on your knees, I'll kill him." Starsky stroked Hutch's collar length blond hair. "You're my bitch, no one else's."

"You enjoy telling me to get on my knees." Hutch stroked Starsky's coarse beard.

"You do it so well. If cocksucking was an Olympic sport, you would get the medal."

"You're a sick fuck."

"You better believe it, bitch," Starsky kissing Hutch briefly and dipped him. "I promised to help make sauce and it doesn't take that long to chop vegetables."

"It better have basil and garlic," Hutch picked up the small photo album that Dobey sold him earlier in the day.

---

Starsky went to the small kitchen to help Bob with browning the sausage to add to the sauce. "After dinner, Kenny and I have a few pictures to share."

"Bob and I haven't managed to have our pictures taken," Joe said.

"Kenny is quite the photographer," Starsky said.

"Dave takes more pictures than I. These pictures were courtesy of an old friend," Hutch said.

"We can look at them as the sauce is simmering," Bob said.

Starsky returned to chopping vegetables on the large chopping board beside Bob nearly touching Bob in the process. He squeezed Bob around the waist briefly as he walked past him.

"Are you angry that Steve told us that you guys were fags?" Bob asked.

"Not at all. Steve is the best. We never had a problem getting repairs done in a timely manner. Dave and I have lived in some dumps," Hutch said. "He has done so much for the two of us. He even brought groceries once when Dave was recovering and I had to go to work."

"It made him feel good to help," Starsky said. "He would visit me nearly daily when I first came home from the hospital."

"You were so sexy when you scream don't touch me," Hutch said.

"I never mind when you touched me. It was all those nurses and doctors poking me. My mother stayed with us two months. You'd think that she would pamper her boy, but she pushed me harder than my physical therapist."

"I told Mrs. Starsky not to let you get lazy," Hutch said. "Got you back to work in record time."

"Living my mom and Kenny, I had no relief," Starsky said. "I was glad to go back to work and have no one nag me. Thank you lucky stars that you don't have a Jewish mother."

Bob laughed, "Kenny, did you take lessons from his mom?"

"I was part Jewish mother before I met Mrs. Starsky," Hutch said. "You should see the things this man puts in his stomach. It's amazing he doesn't have an ulcer or died from a heart attack."

Joe must have decided it was time to change the subject. "Did you see the freak that Steve is dating?"

"Is that a man or a woman?" Bob asked.

"I missed it," Hutch said.

"Comes from working nights," Joe said.

"So did you know Steve before you moved in?" Starsky said.

"I dated him before I was legal. He picked me up at a club; I stayed at his apartment a few weeks. What a mistake!" Bob said. "My older brother beat the shit out of him when I was out looking for a job."

"I don't recall hearing about it," Hutch said.

"How many fags get beat up in this city?" Bob asked.

"Too many," Starsky said. "I was beat up outside a bar a few weeks ago."

"You're a cop," Joe said.

"I made myself an easy target and he took the bait," Starsky said. "So did your brother spend some time in jail for beating up Steve?"

"No, he talked his way out of it. It was his first offense and Steve didn't want to press charges," Bob said. "I'm surprised Steve forgave me."

"He still drools every time Bob crosses his path," Joe said. "Do you like mushrooms?"

Starsky nodded.

"Dave, chop up some and put the sausage in when it's brown."

"Make the Jew work," Starsky teased as he started to chop the mushrooms that Bob had left on the counter.

"We should invite Steve and his date for the evening to join us," Bob said.

"We don't have enough food for six men," Hutch said.

"I'll make more. Dave, make us a salad," Bob hollered.

"Was I a chief in a previous life?" Starsky asked as he looked for large bowl to make a salad in the strange kitchen.

---

Starsky was laughing when they left although he only had two beers. "You were flaming."

"You're jealous." Hutch locked the door. "We'll have to invite Steve the next time we got clubbing."

"Your eye got wide when we were talking about Steve."

"You're luck Steve was out. You pinched Bob's butt. Please. I'm yours. How many times do I have to tell you that?" Hutch unzipped Starsky's pants.

"I don't want you on your knees," Starsky said.

"I like doing it for you. Dave, I love giving you pleasure. My male-ego can handle having a gorgeous man's cock in my mouth. When I give you head, there is no place that I would rather be." Hutch pulled down Starsky's jeans and briefs.

"Let's go to bed. Kenny, I don't know why I'm so insecure."

"I told you that I'd love you forever." Hutch kissed Starsky deeply.

"I love you more than life. You teased me about knowing how to please a man when we first started and now you're the one embracing that lifestyle."

"The jokers at the station probably think I seduced you in your moment of weakness." Hutch tossed his clothes into the hamper, then sat naked on the edge of the brass bed. "I'm the only one that is called a faggot or cocksucker."

"You went out with Greg and nearly slept with him." Starsky pushed Hutch against the bed.

"I didn't. Even if I slept with him, I would have came home to you. No one makes me feel like you." Hutch started to tickle Starsky.

"I want your gorgeous lips around my cock." Starsky moved his fingertips over Hutch's hard chest.

"I want to suck you dry." Hutch moved his hands over Starsky's hard body.

"Are you a vampire?"

"I'm not out for blood." Hutch pressed his mouth against Starsky's chest and lightly bit his nipple.

"You're my beautiful cocksucker."

"You better believe it." Hutch kissed Starsky's belly. "How can a word be so hateful when written on an anonymous note being so loving when you say it?"

"Tone. I say it with love. I want you so bad," Starsky said, stroking Hutch's face. "Just thinks I'm saying it when you read it those notes. Think of me begging you to suck my cock."

Hutch smiled. "You're so sexy when you beg for me to love you."

Starsky smiled back. "I love you so much. Hutch, we'll get through this. No one is going to make us quit."

"They don't want you to quit. The notes were sent to me."

Starsky put his head on Hutch's chest. "We're a team. Remember that."

"I feel so beautiful making love to you. Why are they trying to make it dirty?"

"Baby, they don't understand." Starsky kissed Hutch's belly button.

END