Friday Night

by Athena

athena@fateordestiny.com

Fandom: Starsky And Hutch

Pairing: Starsky/OMC Starsky/Hutch

Rating: NC 17

Warning: non-consensual sex

Summary: PWP Hutch meets an old friend that doesn't understand the meaning of the word no

Series: Ghosts From The Past 1

 

Ghosts From The Past 1: Friday Night

by Athena

Starsky and Hutch worked all week on a double murder case to discover that it probably was a murder suicide and the wife killed herself after killing her husband, leaving her two children alive to watch. Starsky had Det. Torres find a phone number of a family member as forensics and the second wave of detectives took over the scene. Det. Torres reached an aunt and the children didn't need to be put into foster care.

Dobey had told Starsky and Hutch to take the weekend off before the Christmas holiday since they volunteered to work Christmas Eve and Christmas. "You have New Year Eve off. You have to work New Years Day," Dobey said.

"Under manned," Starsky said.

"Between the flu and the holidays," Dobey said.

"Happens every year," Starsky said. "We'll come in New Year Day. It'll cut our partying short." Starsky tried to start the Torino. Its engine wouldn't turn over. After a few more tries, he managed to nurse it home. "Dobey wouldn't give anyone the weekend and the holiday. He's being a Scrooge," Starsky said as he parked in the lot behind the apartment complex.

"He's short two men," Hutch said, taking Dobey's side. They had offered to work Christmas since before Thanksgiving to give the younger guys time home with their families. Starsky and Hutch were two old bachelors and didn't need to spend Christmas with their families. Besides, Starsky didn't celebrate Christmas.

"So what do you want to do the Friday before Christmas," Starsky said, as he started making pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots. He poured a can of sweet peas in a saucepan to heat.

"I don't know. Anything, but shopping. I sent Kathie a card and my niece and nephew clothes. I never know what to buy my parents. What do buy people that have everything?" Hutch asked.

"Did you send them a card?" Starsky asked.

"Ages ago." Hutch took two beers from the refrigerator. "We have tonight and Saturday night off. Maybe we should go to a movie."

"Or lay back and listen to Floyd," Starsky said.

"That stuff is enough to give you nightmares," Hutch said. "I don't need nightmares after finding two small children with their dead parents. We'll play my music."

"Rush is so much better."

---

As Hutch was washing the dishes, the doorbell rang. Starsky got up from the sofa to answer it. "We're your neighbors. Steve told us to introduce ourselves to you. I'm Joe and this is Bob." An average looking man with dark brown hair a little shorter than Starsky and just starting to get a potbelly.

"Welcome to the neighborhood. I'm Ken and this is my buddy, Dave. We're detective with the BCPD."

"That's good to know," Bob, a tall thin black man in his late twenties, said still in the hallway.

"Come on in. I'll get you a beer," Hutch said.

Starsky returned to sitting on the sofa and propped his feet on the coffee table. "What do you do?"

"I'm a corporate lawyer. Bob's an CPA," Joe said. "I moved here from San Diego."

"I've lived in Bay City all my life," said Bob. "I went to San Diego on business and we met at the hotel bar."

"I was talking to clients," Joe said.

Hutch handed the men each a can of beer before returning to finishing the dishes. Bob went into the kitchen to help dry. "How did you know we're family?" asked Hutch.

Starsky leaned forward and grabbed the remote. "Would you like to watch a Christmas special?" he asked.

"I don't mind Floyd," Joe said.

"A man with taste," Starsky said, chugging his beer.

"So do Starsk and I wear a large sign saying we're fags," Hutch said as he joined his partner on the sofa.

"Hutch, we aren't exactly in the closet," Starsky said. "Steve has known for sometime."

"And that gives him the right to tell other people," Hutch said, putting his arm around Starsky.

"That must go over well with the other officers," Joe said as he brought two dining room chairs into the living room for him and Bob to sit on. Starsky and Hutch didn't entertain frequently because the living room only contained only sofa, no chairs for company to sit on.

"There have been rumors for years which we neither confirm or deny," Hutch said. "We have the best crime solved record in our department and have both been awarded for going beyond the call of duty."

"We've taken a number of high profile cases over the years," Starsky said. "We're the men to call when there is an difficult case." Starsky put his hand on Hutch's thigh. "So do you want to go bowling or listen to Floyd?"

"On the Friday before Christmas," Bob said.

"Why not?" Joe said. "Everyone else will be out shopping. I'm new in town so my work load is fairly light."

"We just finished a few cases. I was on disability half the year. Hutch was reassigned to me when I was returned to full duty," Starsky said.

"I hated working with Meredith," Hutch said. "These young men don't need our life story. Have you always been a corporate lawyer?"

"No. I've dabbled in everything. I did divorces, wills, and estate law when I first passed the bar," Joe said.

"Bowling sounds good," Bob said. "I don't want to be listening to you guys talk about law all night."

"We'll try not to. I'm Ken. Hutch is for the office," Hutch said. "Bob, I love your shirt." Bob's lavender shirt said, "tall, dark and handsome." Hutch admired his chutzpa.

---

"I don't care much for cops," Bob said as they got a lane. "I've been pulled over three times this year for driving while Black."

"You were speeding," Joe said.

"Even so," Bob said. "One time I was going only two miles over the speed limit and he still gave me a ticket."

"Hutch and I don't write traffic tickets. Besides, our captain is Black. The topic of racial profiling is talked about more than we like," Starsky said.

"Does it exist?" Joe asked.

"To a degree. People call in a Black man in their store because they are afraid he'll rob them even if he has done nothing wrong. A group of Black kids on the street will be called in because people fear they're a gang. It shouldn't be a crime for a group of young men to gather," Starsky said. "We've heard of a case of a man stealing his own car because he was Black and pushing it down the street."

"I rather not talk about such a hot topic while we're trying to relax," Hutch said.

"So how long have you know Starsky?" Bob asked.

"I've know Dave since we met at the academy. I was married so Dave thought I was unavailable."

"His wife was a bitch," Starsky said.

"Aren't you the one that tells me to have respect for the dead?" Hutch said. "This fool had a different girl each week."

"After he divorced, we went on a number of double dates. I don't want to tell you the number of girls that suggested that I save my money and date Ken. It was just that we spend a hundred percent of working hours together and seventy-five percent of our free time together. I was afraid to give him the rest. I had been lusting after his body forever."

"What made you decide to give him more?" Bob asked.

"My mother and I talked for hours after the shooting and she told me that Kenny was in love with me and I was a fool not to acknowledge it," Starsky said.

"Rachel Starsky is a smart woman," Hutch said. "We're both fools. I held him in my arms dozens of times. I kissed his forehead when he was sick or injured. I teasingly said that I loved him over a dozen times. God, I could look in his eyes for hours and not be bored."

"Did you act this way around the girls you dated?" Bob asked.

"A few women I dated told me that Dave loved me," Hutch said.

"Abby and Gillian. Terry told me to love Kenny when she was dying," Starsky said. "She took a bullet meant for me. She died not long after. I wanted to marry her."

"Vanessa said that I would talk about Starsky for hours," Hutch said. "Jesus, why didn't he see how much I loved him?"

"I see it now," Starsky ruffled Hutch's hair.

"We've been living together less than a month. We were calling each other constantly for close to a year. I drove to Bay City every long weekend I could manage," Joe said.

"We should have seen our phone bills," Bob said.

"I decided it would be cheaper to relocate and the company I worked for has an office in Bay City so I arranged an transfer," Joe said. "I told them that I had a sick relative in Bay City and they hurried the transfer."

"You shouldn't have lied," Hutch said.

"I'm glad he did," Bob said.

"I was evicted," Hutch said. "It didn't matter. I was tired of paying rent on a place that I didn't live at."

"We save a lot of money living together," Starsky said. "I would drive him to his apartment or he would drive me to mine. We slept over each other places more often than we slept alone."

"I didn't live in my place for almost half a year before I was evicted," Hutch said.

"Living together wasn't a big adjustment," Starsky said.

"Living with him is easier than living with Van," Hutch commented.

"I never lived with someone before that wasn't family," Joe said. "Bob had roommates."

"Joe complains that I'm compulsive about cleaning," Bob said. "He laughs at me when I iron my pants."

---

A man around Hutch's height in his mid-thirties walked over to the four men bowling their last string. Hutch hugged the tall, rather handsome stranger. "Greg, it's been ages."

"How is Vanessa?" he asked.

"She's dead," Hutch said.

"I'm sorry," Greg said. "I'm Greg Matthews, one of Ken's college friends."

"David Starsky, his partner." Starsky extended his hand to shake.

"These are two of our neighbors, Joe and Bob. We were playing to head out to a bar after finishing the string," Hutch said.

"We have to go," Joe said. "Thanks for the game"

"It's nothing," Starsky said.

"We'll pay for our games," Joe said.

"My treat," Hutch said. "Greg, I thought you moved to northern California."

"I'm opening an office here," Greg said.

As Starsky paid for the games, Hutch and his old friend headed out to the parking lot. After looking around the parking lot and not seeing Hutch anywhere, Starsky returned home and watched a Christmas special.

---

Hutch put his arm around his college friend as they entered Green Parrot. The bouncer gave Hutch a dirty look.

"Mind your own business," Hutch said.

"Where's Dave?" asked Sugar

"Home," Hutch said. "I like a Guinness."

"Corona," Greg said.

"I'll get you a table. It gets crowded on Friday night," Sugar said. "Mister, his man has a temper and his best buddy is a Smith and Wesson so I wouldn't touch the merchandise."

"Bitch, Ken is a big boy," Greg said.

The music started before they finished their first beer. Hutch could feel the weight of the stares as he danced with Greg. "We better split. The patrons here don't think I should play when I have that handsome man at home."

"I thought you were straight," Greg said.

"I flirted with you," Hutch said with a twang in his voice.

"Flirting and playing are two different things." Greg started a second beer.

"Dave and I have the real thing." Hutch said. "Greg, you better take me home."

"Let's go someplace else," Greg said.

"I rather not. Dave and I are a team. We solved some high profile cases." Hutch nursed his beer.

"And they know your man at the other bars in town." Greg finished his second beer and called for the check.

"I didn't sing about my undying love there," Hutch said.

"We'll go to your place."

"Sure. What is wrong with your place?" Hutch asked.

"I have boxes everywhere."

"We'll step over the boxes. Sugar is right. My man is jealous and has a gun." Hutch put his hand on Greg's thigh as Greg gave Sugar the money for the drinks. Greg was a good-looking man, but Hutch didn't play. Hutch knew that he should have called for a cab at the bar, but he went into Greg's car with him. He moved the shoulder holster from his left to right arm so it would be between him and the passenger side door. He didn't want the gun in Greg's reach in case he had to leave and Greg didn't want him to.

"You don't play." Greg moved his hand over Hutch's face in the parking lot and then he planted his lips over Hutch's. Greg held Hutch's face in place as he kissed him dryly. "You could pretend to enjoy it. I saw you looking me over."

"My wife died. I'm still mourning," Hutch said, trying to talk his way out of this mess. Hutch fell silent as Greg groped him at the light.

Greg pulled into the highway. "I'll spring for a hotel. I haven't had a man as beautiful as you for a long time."

"It's your money." Hutch sighed. Hutch waited for Greg to get a key, feeling funny about cheating on Starsky. They never talked about playing the field, but he knew Starsky would be angry in the morning. "I never cheated on my man before."

"It's cool. All men play the field," Greg said to Hutch still sitting in the car.

"It isn't. I think you better drive me home."

"I paid for the fucking room. Kenny, you're so beautiful." Greg leaned down and put his hand on Hutch's face.

"Shit. They'll refund your money. We haven't opened the door, yet. I can't do this to Starsky."

"You're doing it with me," Greg said. "I want your beautiful body under mine. I can just feel your tight ass around my old fellow." Greg got into the car and used the automatic door locks.

"I'll get a cab or have Starsk pick me up. I'm sorry."

"You're an ass."

"I can't stomach cheating on him. I only wanted to talk about old times."

"Ken, you're still a cock tease!" Greg pressed his lips against Hutch's in the parked vehicle and put his hand on Hutch's cock.

Hutch felt his body betray him as Greg moved his hand over the thin material of his jeans. Hutch tried to push the man away with his hands but he had gravity working against him.

Greg held Hutch against him and tried to force Hutch's mouth open with his tongue. Hutch thought about biting him then thought against it. Greg moved off his mouth and started to suck on Hutch's neck and undo his shirt buttons.

"Get off me." Hutch was afraid Greg would try to use his gun against him glad that he moved the gun between him and the door. Greg would have to reach over him to get it.

"I don't like a tease," Greg said as he moved his hand over Hutch's hard chest. Greg put his mouth on one of Hutch's nipples and bit it.

"I said no. I don't want to have to use my gun to get you off me," Hutch explained.

"Faggot, are you going to shoot me outside a hotel that caters to gays?" Greg licked Hutch's ear lobe. "Let's go to the hotel and get our rocks off."

"I don't think so," Hutch said, trying his best to stay calm.

Greg unzipped Hutch's jeans. "You're a natural blond." Grey pushed down the Hutch's briefs. "Very nice. No wonder your man doesn't want to share."

Hutch felt his body to continue to betray him as Greg stroked his cock in the dark parking lot. He was never going to say to a woman that she was asking it when she yelled rape. As Greg fondled his growing erection, he felt exposed and vulnerable although his gun was in reach. Starsky had no idea that he was parked outside a cheap hotel. Hutch decided that he would turn to the door, open it and run inside the hotel. Hutch needed to get Greg's hands off his cock.

Greg lowered his head to Hutch's engorged member. Hutch used all his strength to push Greg's head away and turned to the door. Quickly Hutch unlocked it and opened the door, stepping out of the vehicle with the pants and briefs still lowered. He slammed the door close before he pulled his briefs and up with one hand without taking the time to zip his jeans. He ran into the hotel then zipped and fastened his jeans.

Hutch used the pay phone in the hotel to call for a taxi. He didn't want to tell Starsky about nearly being raped in a hotel parking lot. He felt nervous in the hotel office but he was fairly safe in front of the hotel clerk. Mostly likely, Greg didn't see himself as a rapist and wouldn't try to anything now that Hutch was out of his car. Hutch let out a deep breath when he saw the headlights of Greg's car go on as he pulled out of the lot of the cheap hotel.

---

The cab arrived and Hutch was glad to be going home, ready to deal with Starsky's anger for leaving him at a bowling alley. "He didn't want to take no for an answer," Hutch said.

"You're a gorgeous man," Starsky said.

"And yours." Hutch kissed Starsky. "I thought we would have a few beers and talk about old times. Everyone at the Green Parrot looked at me like I was the scum that you scrap off your shoes. I couldn't go to another gay club with him."

"You should have taken a cab home from the Green Parrot," Starsky said.

"I thought I could handle it. He drove us to a cheap hotel. I told him to take me home. He tried to attack me. I was afraid that he would try to take my gun and I couldn't draw on him. Who would believe that a man tried to rape a queer cop?" Hutch asked.

"It's over," Starsky said. "You're my bitch. Don't you forget it."

"I won't. I'm an idiot." Hutch wrapped his arms around Starsky.

"You're my idiot. Come to bed."

"What if back up fails to come? We get anonymous notes on our desks that the station doesn't want cops like us. Once someone wrote faggot on my locker." Hutch undressed for bed.

"Kenny, we dealt with this shit before."

"One of us started dating a woman and it was over. No one will date either of us," Hutch said as he climbed into bed.

"We can start some talk about being the kiss of death and that no woman will get near you. I was just hurt so no one expects me to date," Starsky explained.

"Hurt. You nearly died," Hutch stated.

"After that emotional distress, no one expects me to date," Starsky said. "A bit of teasing about no woman getting near you and the problem is solved."

"That is sick." Hutch motioned for Starsky to join him in bed.

"But it will work. The harassment will stop. We have New Years Eve off. What do you want to do?"

"Stay home and watch Dick Clark."

"You're no fun."

"After chasing drug dealers and pimps, I need a little boring."

"We could go over to Huggy's," Starsky's suggested.

"The place will be packed and I won't be able to dance with you. I want to dance to our records and enjoy seeing another New Years Eve."

"We'll stay home and dance to the Carpenters." Starsky made a face.

"Rod Steward."

"Billy Joel."

"You're a sick fuck." Hutch sucked on Starsky's neck. "Do you know how much I love you?"

"Yes, but I don't mind you tell me again."

"Dave, I love you." Hutch kissed Starsky's nose. "Make love to me," Hutch demanded.

"Blow me," Starsky teased.

"I'd love to." Hutch kissed the tip of Starsky's erection. He moved his tongue over it enjoying how it became harder and longer with his touch. He slowly moved his mouth over the tip and licking around it slowly bringing his mouth down the organ as he stroked the base with one hand while his other hand went to fondle his love's ass. Hutch put lube on his fingers and gently placed one finger inside Starsky's anus. Hutch pulled as much of Starsky's cock into his mouth as he could, as a second finger stretched his friend's rectum and searched for Starsky's prostate.

"Oh, God," Starsky shouted. "That's so good." Starsky pushed Hutch's head down on his cock as he fucked his mouth. "Kenny, being a cocksucker should be a compliment. God, the things you do to me." Starsky knew that Hutch didn't like to be called Hutch during their intimate moments. As Hutch's finger hit his prostate that was forgotten and Starsky yelled, "Hutch," at the top of his lungs.

Hutch swallowed all of Starsky's fluid then licked him clean. "Lift your legs," Hutch demanded.

"It's your turn," Starsky said. "I want your tight beautiful ass."

"Your ass is begging for me," Hutch said. "You want more than my fingers inside you."

"I love bottoming," Starsky admitted, then kissed Hutch deeply tasting his fluid in Hutch's mouth. "I love having sex with you."

"I feel like a teenager when I'm with you. I want it many times a day."

"Did you?"

"Van was my first, but I was a teenager, I thought about it constantly."

"I didn't always think about girls." Starsky planted kisses on Hutch's chest.

"I thought about boys occasionally, but I never did it. I was too shy." Hutch laughed.

Starsky lifted Hutch's legs. "I'm going in." Starsky put lubricant around Hutch's opening and stretched him with his fingers.

"You're the man."

"You're my bitch." Starsky moved his hand up Hutch's leg and put his toe in his mouth. "I love your long, slender legs."

"Stop talking and fuck me."

Starsky pushed his cock inside. Hutch didn't need much stretching or lubricant to take the large organ. "You feel so good. I don't know if I rather top or bottom."

"I prefer bottoming," Hutch said. "Move. Give me all you have."

"It might take some time. I'm not eighteen."

"You better move then," Hutch screamed. Hutch hollered with almost every thrust. Starsky pressed against him and bit into his shoulder, then kissed his neck. "Baby, you feel so good."

"Keep moving," Hutch hollered.

Starsky thrusted harder and faster. "Hutch. Shit. Fuck." Starsky thrusted a few more times. "Now. Wow."

Starsky kissed Hutch's chest. "That's the best."

"I'll do you next." Hutch kissed his partner's lips briefly.

"I'm glad that you didn't spend the night with him."

"No one can make me feel like you do. With you, it is more than great sex. It's making love." Hutch put his arms around Starsky and spooned against him. "Being with you is so right, so natural."

"In the sixties, no one could tell us that it was normal to fantasize about other boys. I felt like I was the only boy that wanted to see other boys naked. I knew nothing of gay bars. Now, straight people talk about gay rights. Gay and lesbians meet to socialize in places that don't serve alcohol."

"Things are getting better. I still don't know if I want anyone outside Dobey to know."

"It wouldn't change anything."

"Turn on your side." Hutch moved his hands over Starsky's back. "I love touching you and making you feel good." Hutch planted kissed down Starsky's back. Hutch moved his fingers down Starsky's ass. Starsky bent his knees slightly giving Hutch better access to his anus. As Hutch licked the puckered opening, he became hard again. Hutch put more lubricant on Starsky's rectum, feeling the nerve ending with his fingertips. Hutch stretched him some with two fingers. It was nearly a week since Starsky had him inside and he didn't want it to burn.

Hutch penetrated him with one hard thrust. Starsky screamed, "Wow."

"Good?" Hutch asked.

"Harder. Faster," Starsky screamed.

Hutch put his hand on Starsky's hardening cock. Starsky was going for three times in one night. Hutch moved his hand on Starsky's erection in time with his thrusts. "You're so tight, so hot."

"I need you."

"Not as much as I need you." Hutch thrusted harder making Starsky scream. Hutch snuggled against him after his cock softened. "I can't believe I thought about cheating on you."

"I lied. I've been with other men before you."

"In the military."

"They meant nothing to me. It was a way to reduce the stress of the moment."

"You told me that you wanted to forget about Nam. I'm not angry."

"I've always been queer. I lied to you."

"I understand." Hutch kissed his back. "I love you."

"Forever." Starsky put his hand on Hutch's back.

"Forever, Babe." Hutch kissed the back of Starsky's neck. "Sleep, Baby."

----

Don't look so sad,

It's not so bad you know.

It's just another night,

That's all it is.

It's not the first,

It's not the worst you know,

We've come through all the rest,

We'll get through this.

We've made mistakes,

But we've made good friends too.

Remember all the nights we spent with them?

And all our plans,

Who says they can't come true?

Tonight's another chance to start again.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

Another night like all the rest.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

Let's make it the best.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

It's just another Auld Lang Syne,

But when we're through this New Year

You'll see, will be

Just fine.

We're not alone, we've got the world you know.

And it won't let us down, just wait and see.

And we'll grow old, but think how wise we'll grow.

There's more you know, it's only New Year's Eve.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

Another night like all the rest.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

Let's make it the best.

It's just another New Year's Eve,

It's just another Auld Lang Syne,

But when we're through this New Year, you'll see, will be

Just fine.

("It's Just Another New Year's Eve" recorded by Barry Manilow in 1977.)