Title: Blondie's Sick

Author: Mary Miller

mary617us02356@yahoo.com

Format: Story

Pairing: Starsky/Hutch

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to the characters of Starsky and Hutch. I'm just borrowing them for entertainment purposes.

Summary: Blondie's sick and Starsky takes care of him.

Categories: Committed relationship, Hutch h/c.


Blondie's Sick
By Mary Miller


When Hutch opened his eyes, he saw his pajama clad partner sitting in the chair beside his bed with a cup of coffee in one hand and the sports page in the other.

"Starsk," he said in a hoarse voice.

"Good mornin'. How are you feelin'?"

"I feel like shit."

After putting his coffee and newspaper on the nightstand, Starsky sat down on the edge of the bed.

Hutch tried to sit up, but he was overcome by a wave of nausea as soon as he lifted his head off the pillow. He gave up and lay back down.

"You still look a little green. Are you hungry?"

"Don't even mention food," he said covering his aching stomach with his hand. "Didn't I spend most of last night with my head in the porcelain?"

"Ya, you did." It had been a long time since Starsky had seen his friend and lover so sick.

"I made a mess, didn't I?"

"Don't worry about it. Everything's cleaned up."

"You *really* love me, don't you?"

"It's about time you figured that out," said Starsky as he pushed Hutch's hair aside to feel his forehead. "You're not as warm as you were last night, but I think you still have a fever."

"Have you been here all night?"

"Ya, I slept on the couch."

"You didn't have to stay all night."

"Ya, I did. You were as weak as a kitten. I didn't want you passing out in the bathroom and cracking your head on the tub. Besides, if I had gone home, you would have been so pissed off at me that I probably wouldn't have gotten laid for a couple of weeks."

"You didn't have to worry about that. I couldn't keep my hands off you for two days, never mind two weeks."

"Me either."

A few minutes later Hutch slowly sat up in bed. "I gotta get up right now."

"You don't need to get up. I can get you whatever you need."

"Unless you keep a urinal hidden in your car, I need to get to the bathroom before I pee myself."

"I'll help you," said Starsky holding Hutch's arm to steady him as he stood up.

Hutch shuffled to the bathroom with Starsky by his side. When Hutch began closing the bathroom door Starsky said, "I'll be in the bedroom, just holler if you need any help."

"What the hell are you gonna do, hold my dick while I take a pee?" asked a very irritable Hutch.

"As much as I love what you got hangin' between your legs, I'm gonna have to pass on that."

"Good," said Hutch before he slammed the door.

When Starsky heard the bathroom door open several minutes later, he left the bedroom and headed for the bathroom.

Hutch's head was resting on the door frame. His hair was in disarray and his face was flushed with fever and coated with a thin sheen of sweat.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm not a very good patient."

Starsky gave his lover's hair an affectionate tousle. "It's okay, you're sick. Did you wash up while you were in there?"

"Ya, I did. I really wanna go back to bed."

"Okay, let's go."

When Hutch walked into the bedroom he said, "You made the bed."

"I put fresh sheets on too."

"You did that for me?"

"For you *and* for me. If you don't mind I thought I'd lay down with you for awhile."

"I don't mind. I love having you beside me," said Hutch as he put his arms around Starsky's neck and rested his head on his shoulder.

Starsky put his arms around his lover and pulled him close. "I missed sleepin' with you last night."

"Really?"

"Really," said a smiling Starsky as they pulled apart.

Starsky pulled back the crisp sheets. "You first."

Hutch climbed into bed and stretched out on his back.

As soon as Starsky lay down, Hutch moved close to him and put his head on his lover's chest so they could cuddle.

"This is nice," said Starsky as he ran his fingers through Hutch's hair and kissed the top of his head. "I'm sorry you don't feel good."

"I'm starting to feel a little better."

"That's terrific. It must be the new sheets."

"I think it's the company," said Hutch as he lifted his head slightly so he could look up at his lover.

"Whatever you say," said Starsky staring into the eyes of the one who had stolen his heart.

"If I wasn't afraid of getting you sick, I'd kiss you."

"I think it's a little late to worry about that," said Starsky as he placed a tender kiss on Hutch's lips.

Hutch sighed contentedly and rested his head back on Starsky's chest.

"I think I'm gonna go back to sleep."

"Go ahead. I'll be right here when you wake up."

A few minutes later, when Hutch was sound asleep, Starsky caressed the side of his lover's face with his fingers. "Sweet dreams Blondie."



The End