Universe

by Gwen McLeod

Rating: G with one little hell in there.

Category: PWP I think.

Date: 3/29/99

Series: maybe

Disclaimer: Standard. Don't own 'em. No money, etc., etc., etc. Universe belongs to Savage Garden not me.

Notes: This is what happens when you're running on way to little sleep and Daniel is in seductive, talking you into something mode. The sexy brat. >:-) First time writing for Stargate. Feedback most welcome. I have enough cover to avoid most of the damage when you hit the end.



Universe
by Gwen McLeod



"Colonel O'Neill, what happened?! Is your team alright," General Hammond barked into the microphone as the last of the SG-1 team fell through the stargate. Jack O'Neill didn't answer right away as he was still checking on that very question.

"It looks like cuts, and bruises mostly along with Daniel twisting his ankle, sir," he finally replied as the rest of the bedraggled team began to painfully pick themselves up and made their way out of the gate room.

"I want all of you to get checked out in the infirmary and then take the rest of the day off for R&R. We'll debrief tomorrow at 09:00," Hammond ordered as they passed him were his was waiting.

"No problem, sir," Captain Samantha Carter replied wearily as she helped Daniel along, with Jack and Teal'c trailing behind just in case.

* * * * * * *

After the doctor gave everyone clearance Daniel went home and promptly passed out on his couch for a few hours. By the time he woke up it was full dark and he found that he was hungry and restless, thanks to the dream lover that had haunted him of late. So he fixed himself a sandwich and, deciding to go out for fun, flipped through the phone book looking at various clubs. After some careful pondering, which took all of about two seconds, he decided that a club with the name Assassin's Joke had to be worth a look at the very least.

With that problem concluded he got up and went into the bedroom to figure out a suitable clubbing outfit. He finally decided on a pair of, what a lady friend once called, pettablly snug black jeans and a dark blue silk shirt over a tight black t-shirt. When he was finally ready, he locked up and headed to the club. What he found was an old English tutor style front with Assassin's Joke in blue neon over the door.

"Greetings, friend. The cover charge is either a song or a stand-up comedy routine," the bouncer announced as Daniel paused just inside to let his eyes adjust.

"Please tell me you're joking," Daniel entreated as he turned wide ocean blue eyes from the half full floor to the bouncer.

"Nope. So which will it be," the bouncer replied with an evil grin that said he was enjoying this way too much.

Daniel thought about turning around and running back out the door for a couple of seconds and then sighed, "Oh, what the hell. I guess I'll sing. What lyric sheets do you have?"

"That's the spirit! As for lyrics, a little bit of everything. Here you can stand over here and take your time choosing," the bouncer informed as he moved Daniel out of the main path. Daniel shuffled through the sheets words and noticed that the bouncer was right, they did have a little bit of everything, from country, to oldies, to hard rock.

After a few minutes he walked back over to the bouncer and handed him all but one of the sheets back. he held up the sheet and said, "I guess I'll sing this one since it fits my mood at the moment."

"Cool. I'll need a name to announce you by," came the reply.

"Daniel Jackson."

"Okay, why don't you have a seat at the bar and maybe order something to steady your nerves," the bouncer said with a kinder smile when he saw Daniel's hands begin a fine shaking.

"Yeah, thanks," Daniel threw over his shoulder as he headed that direction. He found a stool, ordered a white wine and waited for his turn.

"Thank you, J. D. J. D. Valdez everybody," the D. J. announced as the last act left the stage to thunderous applause. "And now here's Daniel Jackson singing Universe by Savage Garden," he continued. Daniel threw back the last few swallows of wine and nervously made his way to the mike.

"Uh, hi. I'd like to dedicate this to someone special," he murmured shyly as he took off his glasses, cleaned them, and tucked them in a pocket.

Universe

Well I'd like to take you as I find you
Imagine our clothes are on the floor
Feel my caress so soft and gentle
So delicate you cry for more
But you know baby
You know baby does it right
And you know baby does it right

Universe inside of your heart
You gotta let me know so you can be free baby
You wanted it so much, and now that it's over
You don't know what you want

Put time in a capsule
Two minds consensual
Entwined to perfection
If we could...

Cuddle up close
Lay your head on my chest now
Listen my heart beat's coming down
If you get tired you close your eyes now
When you wake up I won't be found
'Cause I know baby
I know you're the nervous kind
With so much going on in your mind

Universe inside your heart
You gotta let me know so you can be free baby
You wanted it so much, and now that it's over
You don't know what you want

But let me tell you that, this time,
I'm going to make you mine
(I won't let you go)
'Cause I know, this time
I'm going to make sure I look out for me

'Cause you know baby
Well you know baby does it right
And you know baby does it right
You will only end up lost in loneliness
And wake up with the words already on your lips
So I'll let you go, baby
So I'll let you go...

Universe inside your heart
You gotta let me know so you can be free baby
You wanted it so much, and now that it's over
You don't know what you want

The crowd's wild cheering was what brought Daniel back from the dream he'd retreated into finally. He blushed bright red, stammered a quick thank you, and tried to beat a hasty retreat to the door. He was almost there when the bouncer caught up with him.

"Hey, wait a sec. You forgot this," he called as he waved what looked like a video tape over his head.

"What is it," Daniel inquired as he took the tape and turned it over in his hands.

"It's a copy of your performance. I forgot to tell you about it earlier. Everyone who goes up gets one," the bouncer explained.

"Oh. Thanks, I guess," Daniel said as he exited the club and headed home.

* * * * * * *

Daniel stood in front of the open locker the next morning before briefing trying to decide if he really wanted to leave the tape in it or not. He had spent another night dreaming of his secret heart's desire and was getting very tired of it.

"Good morning," a voice called from the doorway startling him into tossing the tape in and shutting the locker quickly.

"Morning. Uh, I'll meet you at the briefing. Bye," Daniel said hurriedly as he edged around the person and took off down the hall. The person just shook their head, went over, opened up their locker and took out the video tape Daniel had tossed in. They turned it over in their hands but couldn't find any markings except for a logo a an Assassin's Joke.



The End?