Title: Okay

Author: kirasmommy

Feedback: onlist or bloodbabe@thefreesite.com

Author website: http://www.blooddance.com/KBfan/

Fandom: Stargate: SG1

Pairing: Jack/Paul

Rating: NC-17

Category: Episode Tag, Established Relationship, PWP, Angst, just a touch of humor at the end.

Date completed: May 9, 2003

Status: Complete

Series: No

Season/Spoilers: Small Victories

Archive: Area 52

Synopsis: They're okay.

Notes: For the 'Revolution' ::snerk::

Beta Reader: Ximeria

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/ Viacom, MGM/AU, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I do not own the characters and indeed am only playing with them for a little while. I am not making any money from this. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended. The story is for entertainment purposes only. The original characters, situations, and story are mine. Please check with me first if you want to archive or link to this story.

 

Okay

By kirasmommy

 

They're okay.

That's what Daniel had said. 'They're okay!'

That is what he wanted to believe, but it wasn't until they were standing there, beamed down, or whatever they called it, that he could put any faith in the words. They had finally returned to the SGC, nothing had been said the entire trip back...

They're okay.

Jack was okay.

'Davis, give the order!' He closed his eyes and looked away.

He watched everyone patting Jack's back, welcoming him home. Words of congratulations, encouragement, words of camaraderie and affection... and as he stood in the background all he could hear were the same words over and over again. 'Davis, give the order!'

The banter between Jack and Daniel... all of it was just background noise, a low sound that barely registered.

'Davis, give the order!'

With Daniel, he had pleaded. With him, he had ordered.

'Daniel, please! Before I get eaten by these... damn bugs! Davis, give the order!'

He had sat there looking first at the screen then at Daniel, as though it were up to the civilian. And it wasn't until said civilian finally said 'Okay, okay!' That he could move. Could do what he had been ordered to do-to pick up the phone and say the magic words that would end their lives-his life-Fire on target.

The crowd parted and Paul could feel rather than see the glare leveled his way.

"Major, I want a word with you... in private!"

"Yes, sir!"

He watched the Colonel stalk past him to his office without turning to see if he would be followed.

Daniel gave him a sympathetic look while the others continued with their impromptu celebration.

Davis walked into the room, not even flinching as the Colonel flung the door shut.

"What the hell did you think you were doing today?"

Before he could open his mouth, the other man was already talking again.

"I gave you a direct order!"

"I know-"

"Why didn't you follow it?" Jack spun around and stalked closer, his voice dangerously low. "Why?"

Paul opened his mouth, then closed it with a snap.

Jack grabbed his upper arms, shaking him. Anger vibrated through him. "Why damn it?"

"Because I had no business even being involved!" Paul found his voice, wrenching away, pulling himself free. "I should never have been in a position to accept the order!"

"You..."

"Shouldn't be here!" Paul hissed.

"You've been here the whole time, haven't you?" Jack backed off a few feet, watching him with a wary eye.

Paul wandered over to Jack's desk, picking up the baseball that lay forgotten among a stack of papers. He tightened his fingers over it, inspecting the threads, the battered appearance.

"I-when you didn't show up, I came straight here. Creating excuses is easy... you know that." Davis looked away. "I heard you invited Sam... you even invited Daniel-not that he could take you up on it..."

"I also knew that neither one of them would ever take me up on it. Not really." Jack

"He would." Paul said evenly.

"Only so he could read under a tree uninterrupted." Jack shrugged.

Paul stared at him blankly.

"We've discussed this." Jack sighed. "I thought we were past this part."

"Daniel you beg, me you order." Paul swallowed. "What's not to understand here?"

"Paul..."

"No, its okay! I understand! Look-I need to get back. I've been gone a long time now-"

"Is that what you really want? To go back to Washington?" Jack growled. "Just take off now that I am back?"

"What I want isn't-" Paul looked away with a bitter chuckle. "I can make up excuses to come out here, I can even extend visits, but I cannot justify-"

"This is ridiculous!" Jack yelled, heedless of whether anyone could hear outside the door. "Paul, damn it! Would you just listen to yourself for ten seconds?"

"Would you just realize what it was like for me to sit there and watch you die?" Paul threw the ball.

Jack reared back as it ricocheted off of the wall and bounced back the way it had come. Paul barely ducked in time.

"Well... that was intelligent!" Jack blinked as the ball finally came to rest under the couch.

"Oh... shut up!" Paul grimaced.

"I mean-that's something that I would do!" Jack continued.

"Yeah, I know! You are a bad influence!" Paul grumbled, bending down to retrieve the ball.

Seconds later, he found himself dragged out from under the couch and pulled into a pair of arms. Jack kneeled beside him, tugging him closer. "Paul, what is happening here?"

"Jack-" Paul started to shake his head.

"No, I'm serious. What is going on?"

"There are reasons for the fraternization rules. I never really thought about it before today. But I should have! Jack, I couldn't do it alone. I couldn't give the order to kill you!" Paul whispered fiercely. "Daniel could. And when I realized that-that-that I needed to call it in..."

Paul shook his head and looked away.

Jack pulled him closer. "I'm sorry."

"If I hadn't been here, if I had returned to Washington when I was supposed to..."

"You would never have had to feel this way." Jack shifted upon his knees, ignoring the warning twinge in them.

"I put the entire mission in danger, Jack!" Paul swallowed.

"No, you didn't. Daniel-"

"Yes, Daniel! Always, Daniel, he saved the day in the end, as usual!"

Jack moaned, tilting his head back and looking at the ceiling. "Paul, you are jealous of the straightest man this side of the Mississippi. He's still hung up on his dead wife... and I am not someone who just hops from bed to bed! The fact that you have no trust in me..."

Paul deflated. "I'm sorry. You are right, it's just..."

Jack wrapped his arms more securely around the other man. "I'm okay, Paul. Everyone is okay."

"If not for the Asgard, you wouldn't have been." Paul stated, quietly, his eyes drawn to Jack's chin.

"Don't think about the what ifs, Paul. You'll just drive yourself crazy. Trust me on that!" Jack gently pushed him backward toward the couch.

"But-"

"No, buts!"

"But-"

Lips pressed to his silenced any further protest. Pulling back, Jack breathed. "Didn't I tell you? No what ifs, no buts? Shhhh!"

"Jack-!"

Suddenly, Paul was lifted under the arms and dropped onto the couch.

"I'm okay, Paul!"

"Jack!"

Hands upon his chest, fingers pulling open his jacket, pushing them off of his shoulders...

"But, Jack..."

"Paul? Shut up! I'm okay-- you are okay, its all okay! I know what I'm doing!" Jack's lips found the side of his throat, just under his ear and Paul felt his legs begin to melt.

Buttons popped, as Jack, impatient to get to skin, made short work of them. His tie was loosened and thrown across the room. A hand dropped to the button of his pants and Paul tried to stop him. "Jack, listen..."

Lips re-attached themselves to his, driving sense and reason out of his already overheated mind, the hot tongue diving to meet and duel with his. Shaking his head he tried to gasp out one last word of protest. "But, Jack..."

A hand upon his prick drove all ability to speak out of his mind. It was so hot and firm and the hand knew everywhere to touch and how hard to touch it. A bag by the couch was opened with one hand and Jack pulled out a small bottle that he laid to the side for later.

Wet. Hot. Suction.

Paul's world narrowed in scope. All he could feel, all he was aware of, was the wonderful suction from the talented mouth upon him.

He moaned, eyes closed, as the tongue tickled and teased him before leaving him groaning in protest. "Jack..."

"Shhhh... I'm okay. *We* are okay!"

Hands touching him, one on his hard weeping cock while another cupped his balls gently. "I want you! No one else! Not Sam, not Daniel... I want you and only you!"

The tongue swirled around the head, leaving a path of sparks behind, as a hand lazily pumped him. The hand down lower moved steadily underneath of him, and he shifted up higher onto the couch lifting his legs and resting them on Jack's broad shoulders.

"Yes, please..."

Jack smiled up at him as he ran his tongue along the vein on the underside of his dick, before taking the head back into his mouth and swallowing as far as he could. Paul gasped, shuddering as the hand underneath him breeched him. "Oh, *fuck*!"

The low chuckle from Jack caused a vibration that nearly sent Paul off of the couch. Squirming down on the hand, he breathed in short gasps. "Please-please-please-please-please..."

Paul tossed his head back as the fingers inside brought him closer and closer to the edge, moaning the words deep in his throat. "Please-Jack-now-please-now-need-you-now..."

With one last lick Jack pushed him up higher on the couch, resettling the long legs into a more comfortable position.

Paul waited impatiently as he heard the sound of the zipper. Jack raised himself up onto the couch and Paul caught him into a deep kiss as he entered him slowly, their mutual moan rumbling deep in their throats.

"Thought... lost... you..." Paul gasped as he threw his head back again, trying to arch up into the other man's downward thrust.

"I'm all right!" Jack managed to say as he moved against the other man hard and fast.

"Oh-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck!" Paul panted softly, unable to catch his breath as Jack's hand reached down and wrapped around him, pulling him in time to the pumping rhythm.

As Jack felt the first spurts of come under his hand he sped up, meeting him orgasm for orgasm, collapsing in a heap on top of him. Kissing him gently. "See? I'm okay." Jack's voice was soft.

Slowly, Jack sat back up and leaned against the back of the couch. "And you are right, you shouldn't have been in a situation for me to give you that command."

Paul swallowed. "I'm sorry I didn't follow your order. In a way, I'm glad I was here, I guess... It would have been-hard-- not knowing-- hearing about it after the fact... I don't know..."

Paul ran a hand through his short hair. "I'm... very confused right now..."

"Well, look at it this way-- if you *had* followed my order, Thor wouldn't have got us out in time and I *would* be dead..." Jack wrapped his arms loosely around Paul. "Paul, I'm serious, we can't think about the what ifs on this. It will drive us both nuts..."

Jack pressed a kiss to Paul's head. "Don't worry about it right now. Let's just try to avoid putting either of us in a situation where we have to give an order like that again. I am-so glad you aren't on my team! I don't think I could take that!"

Jerking up, Paul looked at the door. "We forgot to lock it! That's what I was trying to tell you earlier!"

Jack looked up and grimaced. "Sorry. Looks like we got lucky though!"

Paul chuckled, "In more ways than one!"

Pulling his pants back up, Jack lazily walked to the door and locked it.

____________________________________________________________

Daniel leaned against the wall, hands over his head. He closed his eyes and sighed sadly. Sam put a comforting arm around him.

"I'm sorry... I was wrong too." She said.

He gave Sam a rueful smile. "It's okay! I mean, how were you to know either? We were both wrong!"

Sam sighed. "Looks like. And I was so sure..."

"I figured... it would be you!" Daniel confessed. "I mean... especially after you know-- after he kissed your counterpart last year?"

Sam gave him a sympathetic look. "True, but I secretly thought it would be you in the end. I mean-- he's just never had the same... rapport... with me that he has with you!"

"Looks like we were both wrong!" Daniel swept her into a comforting hug.

A softly cleared throat caught both their attention.

"I, on the other hand was right! It was neither of you!" Teal'c raised an eyebrow as he favored both with a bland expression, holding out his hand.

"Yeah, yeah! We know!" Daniel sighed, pulling out his wallet. "You had inside information! I know it!"

Sam nodded as she handed Teal'c a twenty. "I don't know how, but he's cheating! He has to be!"

Teal'c took the money and folded it carefully, walking away without a word.

Sam walked quietly beside Daniel. "You know, I think Siler is seeing someone..."

"Ten on Janet!" Daniel announced.

"Okay! I bet on..."

 

=End Okay