Title: Letter from Daniel

Author: The Blonde Sheep

Feedback: Onlist or to beth_
supersaint@yahoo.com

Rating: PG 13

Pairing: Jack/Daniel

Category: Slash, ER, humour, complete silliness

Date: July, 2003

Status: complete

Spoilers/Season: before shades of grey

Archive: Area 52, WWOMB, JackslashDaniel, Cartouche, AlphaGate...anyone else just ask

Synopsis: Daniel writes Jack a letter off-world to put the over-worrying colonel's mind at ease

Notes: This is an adaption of an old email that's making the rounds. A big thanks to my beta Shaz, who manages to endure my silliness ;)

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/ Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I do not own the characters and indeed am only playing with them for a little while. I am not making any money from this and I'm still
paying for everything I own so there's very little point in suing me. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended. The story is for entertainment purposes only. At least I hope it's entertaining. The original characters, situations and story are mine.

Please check with me first if you want to archive or link to this story.

Letter from Daniel
by The Blonde Sheep


Letter from Daniel:

Hey Jack,

I thought I'd write to you just in case you saw the flood on the MALP and got worried. I'm fine. We're all right. Only a few tents were washed away...and a crate of Goa'uld remains. But don't worry, we swam after it and managed to get it just before that steep drop.

Oh, and if you heard about the earthquake near the campsite, don't worry about that either. None of us got hurt because we were on the other side of the planet looking for Robert when it hit. I was part of the search and rescue team and got to climb down this really big mountain. The safety harness was broken but we managed to improvise with some string and my boonie. I know, I'm not normally one for heights, but I was still hyped from whatever it was the marines put in my coffee.

Luckily we were able to find Robert thanks to these really big hawk-like birds that kept circling him from the air. We just followed the sound of their birdcalls...they were so loud we could hear them from miles away. But they soon stopped trying to eat us when the lightning flashes came, which was pretty handy 'cause it was already dark and the only other light source was the full moon.

I got a chance to brush up on my compass skills. Sure it took us six hours to get back but between you and me I think the compass' batteries had gone flat. Plus, it's unfair to include the time we had to spend getting Tim to regain consciousness after that rock slide incident.

Makepeace got angry at Rothman for going out on his own without telling anyone in the first place. But Robert claimed that he told the Marine just before he left. He may be telling the truth because at the time Makepeace was rather busy receiving a transmission from some guys dressed in black. Don't worry; he assured us that it was all above board.

He didn't get to explain any further because that's when the fire broke out. One of the Marines decided to do a science experiment with the camp fire and a bottle of vodka he smuggled through the gate. Did you know that flames can get higher than nine feet? Luckily the surrounding forest didn?t set alight because we were right in the middle of it and the stargate was the other side.

Scott's hair looks stupid now so he has to wear a cap to hide the damage. We lost half a tent though and some archaeology books which I'll have to replace when I get back. The Marines were annoyed about the wasted alcohol but Makepeace assured them he had more in his
backpack for tonight.

He also said he's going to teach us how to hunt later because most of our MREs fell out of Tim's pack when we were dangling over that ditch. Makepeace said we're going to learn to kill these beasts with our bare hands which is impressive if you consider the fact that they're three feet taller than we are and have four inch claws and very sharp teeth. Where's Teal'c when you need him I ask you.

Seeing as it was my tent that burned Robert very kindly let me share with him. It's too small for two sleeping bags so we have to share one, but it's okay because he says he doesn't mind and that his body always reacts like that in the morning. Not quite sure why he has all those bottles of Vaseline in his kitbag though.

Anyway, hope you and the rest of SG-1 are well. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. We're going to explore a cave tomorrow that has markings outside it that may well be blood, whether human or animal we aren't quite sure yet.

Missing you,
Love
Daniel

PS. Oh, Makepeace said to ask you if you press that red button on the C4 before or after you set it. Apparently it's just in case we have some unwelcome visits tonight. Well, I should be the first to know cause I'm meant to be on first watch...although I'll probably skip it as we'll probably be so drunk that, hell, even the planet could explode and we wouldn't know it.

END