Title: Givin' Up

Author: Jennifer Lyon

Fandom: Stargate SG-1

Pairing: Jack/Daniel

Rating: NC-17

Date: August 14, 1999

Archive: Yes, just let me know where

Summary: A short PWP set following the episode "Hathor" with some spoilers for that episode.

Notes: This pure fluff. :) Apologies in advance to anyone on all these lists like me.

 

GIVIN' UP

By Jennifer Lyon

"I'm giving up women - for good!" Jack O'Neill pronounced with the meticulous care of someone who knows he's drunk.

"Me too!" Daniel Jackson leaned forward and pounded on the coffee table for good measure. Problem was that he had a much lower tolerance for alcohol than his friend, and once he'd leaned over, he discovered that he couldn't get back up. Leaving his elbows propped on his knees for support, he eyed the carpet at his feet for a moment, then decided it looked reasonably comfortable. So he began to slide himself forward in preparation for landing on the floor.

"Hey, watcha doin'?" Jack demanded, grabbing Daniel around the waist and yanking him back on the couch.

"Whoa!" Daniel moaned as his head came up way too fast.

"You OK?" Jack asked, concerning breaking through the mutual alcoholic haze

Daniel leaned back instead of forward, his head lolling over onto Jack's shoulder.

"Yeah, thin' so."

"You need another drink!" Jack exclaimed, holding onto Daniel even as his eyes cast around for the bottle of Russian vodka they'd been sharing.

"'sss over here," Daniel told him, tossing an arm sideways. He couldn't quite reach the bottle with Jack holding onto him, so he gave up on it quickly. "I've had enough anyway. I'm drunk!"

"Me too," Jack agreed, eyeing the bottle, which was mostly empty anyway. His mind couldn't really hold onto anything long except the bizarre, muddled memories of the past several days under Hathor's control. Since those were memories he preferred to forget, his mind skittered right past them, returning to the one settled decision he'd made in the last couple of hours of getting totally plastered with his best friend.

"No more women. They're trouble. T. R. O." He lost track of the spelling somehow, but Daniel was able to fill in for him.

"U. B. L. E." Daniel spelled carefully

. Jack angled an arm around and poked him on the nose. Daniel's glasses had been retired earlier, leaving plenty of room for Jack's finger.

"Trouble. I'm givin' 'em up for.for."

"Lent?" Daniel supplied.

"Wha's Lent?" Jack replied.

"Um, it's a Catholic holiday where you're supposed to give something up."

"Oh," Jack pondered this for a while. "Well, I'm not Catholic, but I'm givin' 'em up anyhow."

"Me too!" Daniel agreed, then he frowned. "I mean, I'm not Catholic either and I'm givin' 'em up too," he explained.

"Good," Jack replied happily. "We'll give 'em up together!"

"OK!" Daniel replied with equal pleasure.

They sat together for a while longer, both floating in a sea of ethanol. Daniel turned and curled up against Jack after a little while, seeking the other man's warmth.

"Gonna miss snuggling with one, tho," Daniel said into Jack's ear.

Jack sighed, liking the feel of the other man's hot breath on his skin. "Me too. I like snuggling." He thought for a moment, then added with confidence. "I like it a *lot*."

"Me too," Daniel sighed in return. He rested the side of his head on Jack's shoulder, closing his eyes, until a belated thought occurred. Lifting his head, he shifted around so that he could look straight into Jack's befuddled eyes.

"So we could snuggle a bit, you and me, couldn't we? Make it easier to give 'em up. Then we get snuggling but no trouble. 'Specially, no baby Goa'ulds with my DNA!"

Jack rolled that around in his mind for a moment, which seemed to flow off in strange directions whenever he tried to concentrate. For a moment, he felt like there ought to be a reason to say no, but he couldn't catch it, if it even existed. In fact, the more he chased after Daniel's idea, the more sense it made. He nodded firmly, figuring that he was doing really well making smart decisions, considering that he'd been drugged and mind-controlled, turned into a Jaffa, healed by a Sarcophagus and then gotten very drunk all within the space of one week. This made two good decisions in a row!

He nodded at Daniel. "Good idea!" he approved, winning a brilliant, happy smile from Daniel. Jack gazed into those gleaming sapphire eyes and felt as though he could drown in them. He almost reached out to stop Daniel from moving away just so he could look at them a little while longer, but Daniel was already shifting to wrap his arms around Jack's shoulders.

That felt wonderful. Jack turned to find his face pressed up against the side of Daniel's head. The other man's hair was a soft, brown curtain obscuring his vision, the strands whispering over his skin like silk. It smelled of coconut shampoo, slightly sweet and tangy, mixed with a touch of sweat. Jack nuzzled closer, dropping his face downward towards Daniel's neck and shoulder.

Daniel's skin was soft, radiating heat. Jack rubbed his cheek and nose against it. Daniel stirred in response, his grip tightening on Jack's back. His hands began to run along the length of Jack's spine, massaging the muscles of his back.

Jack murmured with pleasure and decided that it was only fair to return the favor. So he did. Daniel's breath caught in his chest, a faint hiccup that Jack could feel. Then a rush of moist air came out of Daniel's mouth, heating the nape of Jack's neck. Nerves fired, sending a wave of blood downward into his groin, only slightly slowed by the alcohol.

Jack pressed closer to Daniel, squeezing the other man's body against his own. This was beyond a 'good' idea, he decided, this was fast moving into the realm of 'great' ideas. Jack rubbed his cheek against Daniel's shoulder, then his chin and nose, then his mouth. Daniel stirred and moaned softly, the reverberations in his chest rumbling against Jack's own torso. He liked that, so he tried it again.

This time he sneaked a quick taste too, poking out his tongue to flick over the warm skin. Daniel tasted salty, but good. So Jack immersed himself in that new pleasure, licking, then suckling at Daniel's neck. He was soon rewarded with a response sweep over his own neck and his body began to burn.

The heat of Daniel's mouth on him was too tempting. Jack felt too needy to pass it by. Without even the slightest question as to what he was doing, he pulled back, reached up to slide his hands through the wings of Daniel's hair framing his face, and drew Daniel's mouth to his own.

Daniel met him hungrily, his mouth open and willing. Jack dove into it, thrusting his tongue deep and savoring every bit he could reach, lips, teeth, the hot cavern, and Daniel's own tongue which slid across his like rough velvet.

Then Daniel's lips fastened on his own, sealing them tight, and Jack was lost. The next few moments were caught in a firestorm of kisses, gulps for air, more kisses, and a whirlwind of hands. He wanted to touch every inch of the man in his arms, and Daniel showed no shyness in returning that desire.

They managed to dispose of clothes with the minimum of separation of mouths. Jack thought he could kiss Daniel forever. Who cared about food or water or even air as long as he had this? But Daniel had other ideas, and Jack moaned a soft protest when Daniel withdrew his lips, a moan that dipped into a groin-deep growl when Daniel's mouth fastened on his neck. Daniel sucked, then bit at the soft hollow under Jack's jaw.

Jack hissed, then pushed himself up and over, pinning Daniel beneath him. Daniel's legs spread wide, welcoming him, and Jack settled between them, rubbing their bodies together. Flesh collided with flesh, hard, hot and already damp. Both men moaned as one.

They dug hands into shoulders, roughly rocked hips together, tangled legs and traded kisses. Neither was able to prolong this ecstasy, alcohol and the passionate flood of desire overwhelming any remnants of control. They crushed each other, bodies convulsing and then releasing.

Jack felt as though he were tumbling, falling, only to be caught in Daniel's arms. He came to rest, face buried in Daniel's chest, physical release combining with intoxication to send him sliding towards sleep. Before slumber fully captured him, he managed to whisper in Daniel's ear.

"Glad givin' up women doesn't mean givin' up this!"

Daniel's laughter was the last thing he heard as he fell, finally, asleep.

 

End

jennyann@worldnet.att.net
Jenni10647@aol.com
http://home.att.net/~jennyann