Fandom: Stargate SG1

Title: From the Rumor Mill: Jack Lost His Marbles

Author: Tiffany

E-mail: tmh359 at netzer dot net

Archive: Of course.

Feedback: Always welcome.

Summary: Jack, Daniel, a rock and the bathroom. Need I say more?

Category: Silly, challenge response

Spoilers: None

Season/Sequel info: Set anytime. Written S3.

Rating: PG-13

Content Warnings: Toilet humor.

Notes: Response to H/C list 1000 word challenge.

Originially posted: 17 Jan 2000

Author's notes: Never heard of this happening, but hey, if people can get their heads stuck in dishwashers or kids can mistaken certain things for airplane stickers. Well, I'm sure it's bound to happen sometime.

With thanks to Ivanova for the beta. And Bastet and Ivanova, for letting me swipe ideas for the title. Now, can I get that title any longer?



From The Rumor Mill: Jack Lost His Marbles
by Tiffany


"I'm sorry, Jack. How many times do I have to say it?"

"Oh, a thousand more might be sufficient."

"Jack!"

"Well, my arm looks like a prune for nothing."

"It wasn't for nothing. We did get that contract signed, thanks to you. I just wish you thought of that idea before all the embarrassing stuff."

"Right. The things I do for diplomacy."
.
.
.
"What was that about, Marty?"

"You didn't hear about the Colonel.?"

"Something about him getting locked in the bathroom earlier. What's so funny?"

"He didn't get locked in the bathroom. But he sure did get stuck."
.
.
.
"I thought you fell in."

"Oh. Hi, Jack."

"Don't 'hi, Jack,' me. His Highness What's-His-Name thinks you're hiding from him. You weren't there for the tour, and the final negotiations start in five minutes."

"Uhm. Stall him."

"Stall him? What for?"

"I can't go yet. Not until I get this rock cleaned.."

{"Don't you mean 'artifact', Marty?"

"Yeah, that too. 'Cept this really was a rock." }

".I'm supposed to return it to them when everything's finalized. It's a way of saying we're happy with the deal. They'll take offense if I give it back to them like this."

"How on Earth did you get it so dirty?"

"Not on Earth. My hands were sweating and I dropped it before we 'gated back."

"And that's how you brought back so much mud?"

"I couldn't get a grip, so I used my bandanna. Now I can't get the mud off."

"Did you soak it?"

"Yes."

"Hot water or cold?"

"Both."

"Did you try scrubbing it with something harder than a washcloth?"

"Yes, Jack. All I get is more mud. I think it's stained. At this rate, we'll never leave, and Janet will shoot us if we miss another dinner."

"If we break another play date with Cassy, she'll use a zat gun."

"Three times."

"Okay, move over. I promised Cassy I'd teach her how to play marbles."

"You know how to play marbles?"

"Hey, I know a lot games. Here, let me see that rock."

"Use the washcloth, Jack, it's slip."

"I got it!"

".pery. Jack!"
.
.
.
{ "So, what's that got to do with O'Neill getting stuck in the bathroom, Marty?"

"Everything. See, trying to get hold of the bugger's worse than trying to pick up bar soap that's been dropped in the tub. Everytime one of them thought he had a grip, it fell through his fingers.
Jackson had it for a moment before loosing it again. Then they heard the splash."

"It didn't."

"It did. And, of course, someone had to dive in after it."

"Don't tell me someone forgot to flush."

"Naw, nothing like that. It was clean. But a toilet's hardly the most popular attraction in town, unless you happen to be a little kid or a dog. And neither one of them wanted to be the one to do it."

"Oh, man."

"Yeah. So they drew straws." }
.
.
.
"They gave it to you."

"You're to one who tried to catch it."

"High Who's-It's expects you to deliver it."

"Well, you're the one who took it out of the sink even after I told you it was slippery."

"Well, you're the one who dropped it in the mud in the first place. And don't cross those arms at me."

"You're the commanding officer of SG 1."

"And don't you forget it!"

"."

"For crying out loud. I guess reminding you that you're the rock lover wouldn't do any good? Didn't think so. Ugh! Never thought I'd get this up close and personal with a latrine again."

"Again?"

"Long story. Got it!"

"Good."

"No. It slipped."

"Jack."

"I know! How did they hold on to it long enough to give it to you?"

"Been wondering that myself."

"I can feel it. If I can reach. Slipped again. Darn that. Ah, ha! Got it! ... Uh, Daniel?"

"Yeah."

"We have a little problem."

"Don't tell me you lost it again."

"No. Worse than that."

"How can it be worse? We have a treaty on the line!"

"I'm stuck."

"Stuck?"

"Yes. As in, I can't get my hand out!"

"Oh."

"Daniel."

"What?"

"Do something!"

"What?"

"I don't know. Try flushing."

"Did it work?"

"Does it look like it worked? It just made the water deeper."

"Maybe if I pulled you?"

"Worth a try."

"On three?"

"Whatever."

"Okay. One.two.three!"

"Owe! Ouch! Stop!"

"Sorry, Jack."

"Daniel?"

"Yes, Jack?"

"Think of something before someone comes in here. Please!"

"I'm trying. Oh!"

"Oh?"

"I've got an idea. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere, Jack."
.
.
.
"What was his idea?"

"Siler. Who better than an engineer to solve an engineering problem, right? Wrong. About five seconds after O'Neill and Jackson swear him to secrecy, the General walks in."

"Oh, man!"

"Yeah. He told them our guests were threatening to walk out and demanded a solution. He even called in Dr. Frasier for another opinion. And Carter and Teal'c heard the order, so they naturally
assumed something was wrong and followed her down.

"Then O'Neill had this idea that no one else liked, but they didn't exactly have a choice. They didn't have to worry. His High Priestness was delighted with the marbles. And the rest, as they say, is history."

"So how."

"Sshh! They're coming this way."
.
.
.
"Does everyone know about today?"

"If Marty and Jones do."

"For crying out loud."

"It's not that bad. It's not like it's going leave the SGC."

"Thank goodness for small miracles."

"Though it will be interesting to see how you explain to Cassy how you lost your marbles."
.
.
.
"I didn't think I was going to be able to keep myself from laughing. How do you keep such a straight face, Marty?"

"Practice. I got kids, you know."

"So, just how did the Colonel get unstuck?"

"That, Jones my friend, is a closely guarded secret. But I heard in the mess hall that there was a delivery of a large order of butter."
.
.
.
Tiffany
http://www.myparlor.tvheaven.com