Title: A postcard from Jack

Author: The Blonde Sheep

Feedback: Onlist or to
beth_supersaint@yahoo.com

Rating: PG

Pairing: J/D

Category: Slash, humour,

Date: July, 2003

Status: complete

Series: Part of the 'correspondence' series. Other stories in the series so far include 'A letter from Daniel', 'A response from Jack' and 'A postcard from Daniel.'

Spoilers/Season: around season 3.

Archive: Area 52, WOMB, Cartouche, JackslashDaniel AlphaGate...anyone else just ask

Synopsis: The one time Teal'c receives post...

Notes: A big thankful and hugs to my beta Sharon; thanks hun :). Also thanks to DM who suggested the idea of turning these into a mini series...you know who to blame ;)

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I do not own the characters and indeed am only playing with them for a little while. I am not making any money from this and I'm still paying for everything I own so there's very little point in suing me. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended. The story is for entertainment purposes only. At least I hope it's entertaining. The original characters, situations and story are mine. Please check with me first if you want to archive or link to this story.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A postcard from Jack
By the blonde sheep
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


T,

How're things at the base? Remember, if the Tokra come-a-calling tell them where to go... however, if Thor asks tell him I'll be willing to hear him out. This vacation is not going smoothly. Remember when you came down? We had a great time, enjoyed the art of fishing and just hung out...think that wouldn't be to hard for Daniel to do would ya? I mean the man's supposedly a genius.

But no. He maliciously left my poor fishing hamper in the street. The street- anyone could steal it. Be a pal and rescue it for me? If ya do I promise it'll be you and not Daniel enjoying it here next downtime. Can't believe he's jealous of a few fishing rods.

Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough the jerk goes and throws me in the fricking ice-cold lake. I froze my nuts off! Why did he do this? Because I was going out of my mind with boredom and decided to have some fun. Is it my fault the book didn't float? How was I supposed to know the hard back cover was heavy enough to sink it; he shouldn't be reading books that thick anyhow. Serves him right. But not only did he push me in, he'd also already used my only towel...a fact he neglected to mention to me until I found it in a wet heap on the bathroom floor.

And then he started moaning about Mosquitoes but did he bring any repellent? No, apparently in some dream conversion he had with me he says I told him I'd bring some, even though I never use the stuff because I get a horrible rash. So, I get sent to the local drugstore and while I'm there I get into a conversation with this man who claimed he could fit a whole condom over his head; can you believe that? Cause I didn't, but he showed me. He actually managed it so I asked him to teach me but half way through the guy that owns the shop came over and threw us out. Some people need to have a sense of humor surgically implanted...including Daniel. I can't believe he didn't see the funny side of it- I obviously failed in my attempt to teach him the meaning of 'fun' these last few years.

Anyway, I'll see you soon. Got some funny photos of Daniel in dog-shaped oven gloves. I think they'll be a perfect addition to the team photo album...providing Daniel doesn't find them and burn them first. I'm telling ya, no sense of humor at all.

Must go, he's started babbling on about some old famous piece of rock- I'm telling you, if only one of us return from this vacation don't be surprised. If it's Daniel, I committed suicide and leave all my belongings to you, Carter and Cassie.

Jack.

END