Title: A postcard from Daniel

Author: The Blonde Sheep

Feedback: Onlist or to beth_supersaint@yahoo.com

Rating: PG

Pairing: J/D

Category: Slash, humour,

Date: July, 2003

Status: complete

Series: Part of the 'correspondence' series. Other stories in the series so far include 'A letter from Daniel', 'A response from Jack' and 'A postcard from Jack.'

Spoilers/Season: around season 3.

Archive: Area 52, WOMB, Cartouche, JackslashDaniel AlphaGate...anyone else just ask

Synopsis: Teal'c receives some post...and wishes he hadn't.

Notes: A big thankful and hugs to my beta Sharon;  thanks hun :). Also thanks to DM who suggested the idea of turning these into a mini series...you know who to blame ;)

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/ Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I do not own the characters and indeed am only playing with them for a little while. I am not making any money from this and I'm still paying for everything I own so there's very little point in suing me. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended. The story is for entertainment purposes only. At least I hope it's entertaining. The original characters, situations and story are mine. Please check with me first if you want to archive or link to this story.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A postcard from Daniel
By the Blonde Sheep
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hello Murray,

Weather's lovely, food's good, company could be improved. Jack's been sulking for days about the forgotten fishing kit; like it's my fault I left it on the step? He thinks I did it on purpose...as if I would do such a thing. I promised him if someone steals it from his doorstep I'd buy him a new set...eventually, but then he went off on some tangent about memories...I don't even want to know how long he's had that bait for.

Anyway, in totally childish retaliation he threw my Orwell novel into the middle of the lake. Can you believe that? Wait it's Jack we're talking about but still...I really wanted to finish that this week and he knew it. Can you believe he's jealous of a book? I asked him kindly to go fetch it back but he refused, then acted so surprised when I helpfully pushed him into the lake to find it. He didn't retrieve it though, just splashed about indignantly until I went inside.

Oh, he blames me for forgetting the fishing stuff but he's the one that forgot the mosquito repellent- of course he refuses to admit it's his fault; nothing's ever Jack's fault. I'm covered in bites which are mainly from the flying pest...and some from the mosquitos. And then he tells me I can't scratch them and I reasonably pointed out they are my bites on my skin so I could do what I like with them and then he completely over-reacted by duct taping oven gloves to my hands...when I was asleep. He refused to remove them...until I calmly pointed out that my hands couldn't be used for *anything* in their current state.

We're running low on supplies but we can't go to the local shops again because Jack insulted the owners; can you believe he drove back from the drugstore with a condom covering the top of his head? You can't take the man anywhere. We had to remove it cause he complained it was cutting off the blood supply to his brain- yeah, like that would make any noticeable difference. Anyway, it took a *lot* of lubrication to remove it- lubrication that could have been put to a much better use. Hopefully with any luck they will have forgotten the whole...incident by the time *he* returns. Notice that? He. Singular.

Must go, her majesty is shouting- again. Doesn't the man have feet? Can he not just walk over to me and speak at a level that doesn't make the whole dangerously unstable cabin shake even more?

Really wish you were here...instead of me.

Daniel

 

 

END