Title: Mutiny

Author: Uris

Fandom: Sorority Boys

Pairing: Adam/Dave

Rating:NC 17

Archive: yes

Feedback: always

Notes: 10% of hate crimes occur at school and colleges. Yes, you can be fire for being gay; discrimination against gays and lesbians is legal in 36 out of the 50 United States. Hate is never funny. Hurt doesn't only hurt the victim, but the family, friends and the community at large. http://www.matthewshepard.org Matthew Shepard Foundation: embracing diveristy


Mutiny
by Uris

After Dave had left to meet the girls, Adam collected the woman's clothes excluding the bras, girdles and panties. He didn't think anyone would want used underwear; he would throw that shit out later.

Jimmy greeted him in the hallway outside his room. "We want you and your girlfriend out of here."

Adam kept walking down the hall holding the bag of woman's clothes against his chest. "Jimmy, leave me the fuck alone."

"You feel pretty good about yourself," Jimmy sneered.

"You were begging me to go out with you. I moved on," Adam said. "I'm meeting friends in a few minutes so if you will have to excuse me."

"All that pretty language." Jimmy stood in Adam's way.

Adam pushed Jimmy against the wall before he continued walking. "Go fuck yourself."

Two more guys showed up near the end of the hallway. One punched as Adam as the other tried to hold Adam still. Adam dropped the bag on the ground spilling the ladies' clothes, then kicked and swung not allowing the men to get a good shot at him. He knocked the billboard off the wall and used it as a weapon. Adam knew he needed to fight dirty to escape from two much larger guys. Adam was a thin guy of average height and not much of a match for one jock. Two jocks could easier hospitalize him. Adam bit the man that was trying to hold him still. He wasn't going to go down without a fight. He dug his nails into the other guy who was on top of him as the first man tried to pull Adam's jaw off his forearm. Adam could taste blood. These guys trying to kill him in the hallway outside the president's office were his brothers.

"He fights like a girl," said the one whose arm wasn't captured in Adam's jaw.

"More like a wounded animal," the man finally broke his arm free. He kicked Adam in the stomach.

Adam screamed out. He hoped that help would be on the way soon. However, his screaming only brought two more guys that held him still so one of the guys could punch him in the gut. Jimmy was long gone as Adam realized he couldn't defend himself against four jocks. "Adina wants to play dress up," one of the new guys said.

"I was taking the stuff back to Delta Omega Gamma." Adam spit the blood out of his mouth.

"So another Dog can wear it." The man pulled his arms back.

"It takes a lot of guts for four dudes to beat up one dude," Adam said. "This really shows what big men you are. Did Jimmy tell you how good my ass was?"

"Gag the dickless asshole," one of the other boys said.

Before a boy could stuff a piece of clothing in his mouth, Adam said, "Would you like to put your dick into my asshole?" He knew talking like that would infuriate the boys more, but he hoped in their anger they would get careless and he could escape.

One of the boys stuffed one of the blouses into his mouth. Adam felt like he was going to die as another boy punched him in the jaw a number of times as the other boys held him still. Adam managed to wiggle enough to get his leg loose enough to knee one of the boys in the balls; now only three could beat him up. He needed to get the other three just as hard. Adam spit out the blouse, then licked his lips in a sexy manner. "If you boys wanted a piece of my fine ass, all you had to do was ask."

"You and your pretty boyfriend are ruining the house's reputation," one said before putting another blow in Adam's face as another boy tied his arms behind him with the blouse that used to be in his mouth.

Adam's arms were hurting as the boy pulled them back, but he didn't scream. "I was the house's reputation." Adam wondered if Dave and Leah were starting to wonder why he was late. "Now that Tri Pi's aren't coming here to visit me and my wonderful tongue, you rejects can't get any action." Adam stuck out his tongue for only a second before another blow him hit in stomach.

Adam started to sob as another blouse stuffed inside his mouth and tied around his head so he couldn't spit it out. His arms were aching behind him as more blows hit his body. Why wasn't anyone rescuing him? He was their president. Did Jimmy plan this enough to have the house members at a party at another location so no one would be there to hear him scream? He heard about another frat having a wild party, but that happened every weekend. Dave and Leah would
worry about him and the sorority girls would be on their way carrying baseball bats.

Robert was swinging a baseball bat as the pain was starting to make Adam lose consciousness. The boys scattered. They must have not wanted Robert to recognize them. Adam had each of their names chiseled in his head. He would never forget each boys' first and last name for as long as he lived. As Robert was untying Adam's hands, Dave arrived and removed the gag from Adam's mouth. "We have to get him to the nurse's office," Robert said.

"He needs an ambulance," Dave said.

"I can walk," Adam insisted. Adam put the clothes back into the bag. "Dave, take these to Leah."

Dave put the clothing back into their room. "Adam, do want us to get you an ambulance? We need to make a police report. Robert, did you get a good look at them?"

"Yes. I know all their names," Robert said.

"I saw two of their faces." Dave stroked Adam's face very lightly.

"Am I still beautiful?" Adam asked.

"Of course." Dave kissed Adam long and deeply. The kissing hurt a little, but Adam was eager for the affection. Dave loved him; everyone else could go to Hell.

"Do you have to do that now?" Robert asked.

Dave squeezed Adam's hand. "Can you get up?"

"I think so." Adam got onto his feet with Dave's help.

Robert took Adam's other shoulder. "We'll walk him to the nurse's office. They can get a police report there."

Adam mumbled. "Let me walk."

"You can lean on us," Robert said.

"You saved his life," Dave said as they walked out of the house.

"That's what brothers are for," Robert said.

"They were his brothers, too," Dave said.

---

Robert had left when Adam took a seat in the waiting room, but Dave held his hand the whole time. After the nurse tended to his wounds, Adam rested in a cot at the nurse's office. Two police officers and a member of campus police arrived. "How many?" the police office asked.

"Four that hit me. Another boy distracted me until the two larger boys arrived." Adam told the officer the story with all the names without emotion.

"Did they tell you why they hit you? If we know their motivation, it might be easier to get an confession," the campus officer said.

"It hurts to talk," Adam said.

"You're doing well," the officer said. "What may have triggered the incident?"

"I'm president of Kappa Omega Kappa and a few members didn't agree with my politics," Adam said. "The last president allowed hazing and other illegal activities and I was trying to run a clean ship." Adam pulled in a sob.

"Anything else that might help," the campus officer said.

"The girls stopped coming by after I put my foot down about underage drinking," Adam said.

"You don't think it was a hate crime," the police officer said.

"No." Adam figured the cops saw an effeminate looking boy holding his boyfriend's hand, not the president of the loudest fraternity on campus.

"I suggest that you find another place to sleep tonight. Thank you for your time," the police officer said.

Dave squeezed Adam's hand as the two officers left. "Adam, do you want to sleep here or at the sorority?" Dave pushed the damp hair off Adam's forehead and kissed him briefly.

The campus officer looked at the two boys. "Most assaults don't end with jail time."

"They tried to kill him and they would have kill me if Robert didn't arrive," Dave said. "You can't let them get away with this."

"I would suggest you get a friend that you trust to pick up your things from the house," the campus officer said. "We'll do our best to protect you and your friend."

Dave started to sob on Adam's chest as the campus officer left. "They don't care about a couple of faggots."

"Dave," Adam whispered lightly stroking his hair. "Patty and Robert will get our things. I was treasurer; we can get our money back legally. No sweat. We got out of worse binds." Adam got on his feet. "Did I tell you that I love you?"

"Not since, the dance," Dave said.

"I love you." Adam squeezed his hand.

---

Adam and Dave went with Patty and Robert to pack seven Saturday morning. They figured everyone would be asleep at that hour. Adam took the books with him. They should have never beaten up the president and acting treasurer. He could cook the books if he wanted to, but Adam was honest and would take only a prorated amount for Dave's and his remaining rent for the year. They would go to the bank and do everything legally.

Leah put the Kappa Omega Kappa books in a safe location after they had gone to the bank. When the police arrived, Leah gave them the books as evidence. She had made copies earlier in the day. The videotape had been also copied and given as evidence. The girl had consent to being taped (Well, it was after the fact), but the police didn't need to know that. All other videotapes that Adam had recorded of himself having sex had been destroyed soon after he returned to his room. He doubted the men in frat were bright enough to copy them so all evidence that he taped girls without their consent had been eliminated.

"Can we talk in your room?" the one of two officers asked.

"Sure." Dave closed the door.

The officer that was there the night before spoke, "My partner and I went over to find out their story and you were right. We mentioned Dave and they told us everything. Assault was the least of it. The fraternity will probably lose its charter. Before we press charges, have either of you ever purchase alcohol for minors or engaged in other illegal activities?"

"No, but they will say we did," Adam said. "I was trying to run a clean house."

The officer looked at Dave. "They said a few choice things about you."

"I'm sure it isn't anything I haven't heard before," Dave said.

"I recall that your father was president of Kappa Omega Kappa," the officer said.

"I'm willing to go to court," Dave said without hesitation.

"Boys, I'm sorry," the officer said. "The DA will be over in a few days for an official statement."

Leah put her arm around Adam. "What the Hell just happened?"

"The DA will take my statement. The persecutor will take the defendants' statements and a deal will be cut. It will never see court," Adam said in barely more than a whisper. His chest and throat hurt from the beating. The nurse assured him that nothing was broken and he could see the doctor for medicine for the pain if necessary.

"Illegal activities," Leah asked.

"Underage drinking, drugs, lewd behavior," Adam said. "Pressuring people into engaging in dangerous activities."

"It wasn't a gay bashing," Leah said.

"The press will make it into one," Dave said.

Katie entered the large room that Dave and Adam had shared with Robert the last time they stayed at the sorority. Robert was staying at the fraternity house. Patty tried to argue him out of it but he said that he felt safe there. The boys had been taken into custody; so perhaps, he had nothing to fear.

The rest of the sorority girls came into the room. "We'll have circle here," said Leah, "so Adina doesn't have to get up."

"You girls should be having fun," Dave said. "It's a Saturday night."

"One of our sisters is hurt. This is where we belong," Katie said with her squeaking voice.

"I rather not talk about it," Adam said.

"You can share as much or as little as you want. We're not here to judge," Leah said.

"When I yelled for help, two more boys joined in," Adam said.

"Why did they hit you?" one of the girls asked.

"Because I'm queer and I wore women's clothes," Adam said. It felt good to say it out loud. Adam was returning the clothes to the sorority but the boys beating him didn't see it that way.

Dave sat on the bed beside Adam. "I think it might be better if you ladies leave. Adam needs to rest."

"You have our support," a girl said. "You can stay as long as you need."

"I'm not wearing a bra this time." Adam tried to laugh, but it hurt too much.

"Not with your ribs," Dave said.

"They are only bruised. It could have been a lot worse." Adam squeezed Dave's hand.

---

Adam saw an article in the local paper about a gay bashing in a fraternity on campus. His name wasn't given, but the details told anyone that knew him who he was. "President of well known fraternity assaulted...incident occurred at KOK house." He had to call his mother before she read the paper or someone told her about it. His mother belonged to a number of AOL and yahoo user groups may have already heard about the incident. He walked to the pay phone and used his phone card. "Mom, I'm no longer in the fraternity. I was assaulted by my brothers. It's in the paper."

"Oh, my God," she said. "You told me that you were president. I thought they saw you as some kind of hero."

"Most of my brothers were happy that I cleaned up the place," Adam said. "You only need a few bad apples."

"Where are you living? I'm coming up," she said.

"At the Delta Omega Gamma sorority. They took Dave and I in once before," Adam said.

"Only you and Dave could manage to move into a house with thirty girls."

"It's closer to twenty and I'm too sore to appreciate it."

Mom laughed. "I bet they are all nursing you back to health"

"I have to shoo them out of our room so I could sleep," Adam teased.

"I'll see you in a couple days. Try to stay out of trouble." His mother hung up.

---

Sunday afternoon, Ron and Chris arrived with the local version of Monopoly. "How did you know we were here?" Dave asked as he set the board up on the floor of the large room that Adam and he shared.

"Robert wouldn't let us in the house and told us that you were across the street," Chris said.

"I was beaten. I believe they would have killed me if Robert didn't frighten them off," Adam said. His face would be turning colors in a day or two. Everything hurt.

"After you told us the fraternity was safe," Ron said.

"Don't blame the victim." Dave finished setting up the game. "I'll get us some drinks from the kitchen. I'll be right back."

"Nice room," Chris said. "It's bigger than my dorm room."

"It's much bigger than the room we shared in the fraternity," Adam said as Dave left the room. "So are you boys dating, I want to hear the dirty details."

"We went to his room," Ron said. "His roommates go home on the weekend. Mine is there all hours making out with his girlfriend."

"We were in the same remedial writing class. Dave tested out with the first essay, but I ended up having to take the remedial class," Adam said. "We talked after the first class and he brought me a soda. Over the next few days, he told me that he had to pledge KOK because his father was president and I told him that I would pledge with him."

"You didn't know that he liked you," Chris said.

"I knew, but I didn't acknowledge that I knew. I didn't want to offend Dave so I said nothing. I dated a lot of girls and after I moved into the house, I had started to earn a reputation of being able to please the ladies," Adam feeling that he said enough. He was talking too much but Chris and Ron didn't speak and Adam didn't care for the long silences.

"You make a cute couple," Chris said.

Dave returned with a bowl of pretzels and a bottle of orange soda. "This is all I could find." Dave took some cups off his desk. "Adam didn't tell you about the cruise."

"No, but I was proud of the way Dave handled himself," Adam said. "I was talking about us dancing at a few of the frat parties when we were drunk."

"God, no," Dave said. "Who would like to go first?"

"The crippled fudge packer goes first." Adam was exactly crippled, but his thighs were a little tender since the boys pressed down on them to hold him still. Adam rolled the dice and moved his piece. "How do you know if your roommate is gay?" Adam lied on his side and motioned for Dave to sit next to him.

"His penis tastes like shit," Ron answered before taking his turn and buying the property that he landed on.

Dave sat on the floor beside Adam and rolled the dice. Chris took his turn.

"The joke is older than my mother," Adam took his second turn and buying the property that he landed on. "What is the difference between a gay and a microwave?"

"I don't know," Chris said.

"A microwave doesn't brown your meat," Adam said.

"You danced with him in front of the other guys," Ron said.

"Not serious dancing," Dave said. "Just clowning around. No one plans to fall in love with their best friend."

"I might have had sex with those girls, but I took Dave to football games and movies. I didn't want to admit what I felt for him. It was easy enough to tell myself that I wasn't gay and that it was perfectly normal to fantasize about my roommate," Adam said. "I was proving myself with two or three girls a week." Adam liked humping the girls with Dave in the room. It made him feel in a strange way that he was sharing the experience with Dave. Sometimes, Dave would have sex with one of the girls while Adam watched.

"My freshman year I dated a lot of guys. I didn't date as many my sophomore year," Dave said. "I rather spend time with Adam than some worthless fuck. Sometimes we shared a girl; that was really hot."

"You could have said, 'Adam, I'm gay" at anytime and I would have accepted it," Adam said.

"Adam, I'm gay," Dave said.

"Great, let's fuck," Adam said.

"Not with two other boys in the room. You might not mind an audience, but I do," Dave said. "So what are you boys studying?"

"Journalism," Ron said.

"Physics," Chris said.

"We're both business majors," Adam said. "I went to school so I could get a job, but I think I should have went to school to get an education."

"We should try to do both," Ron said. "I take as many electives as I can. I'm trying to get a double major."

"We suspected that the fraternity will lose its charter and the school will make room in the dorms for everyone that wasn't involved with the illegal activities." Dave took his turn then got a handful of pretzels. "I'm wondering if we should find a place or just stay here until the dust settles."

Adam answered a knock on the door.

"I saw Daisy take the last of the pretzels," Patty said.

"There are a few unopened bags of pretzels and there are a number of boxes of crackers," Dave said. "Look in the pantry behind the cans of soup."

"Thanks," Patty said.

Dave smiled. "We don't mind if you call us Daisy and Adina."

"Using girls names is retro," Adam said.

"It's cool, man." Dave said.

"We expected you girls to be 'Some Like It Hot'," Patty said.

Adam thought he was, but Dave would argue differently and he didn't want to get into that again.

---

"I could call you Adina during sex," Dave said when they were alone after dinner.

"That would be so fucking hot." Adam winced slightly as he started undressing himself. "My back isn't as sore as my front."

Dave started to kiss Adam's back. "Adina, I don't want to hurt you."

"They didn't touch my backside," Adam said.

"I'll try not to touch you any place that you're bruised." Dave kissed Adam's upper back. "Tell me if anything hurts." Dave moved his hand lightly over Adam's back.

"Everything you are doing feels great," Adam said.

"I'm going to make you feel so good." Dave started to rim him.

Adam hoped, as he felt Dave's tongue put chills through him, that their sisters wouldn't disturb them. It wasn't long before that Adam wanted more than Dave's tongue. "I need you inside me. I want to forget for a moment that those assholes tried to kill me."

"Adina, things will be better in Minnesota." Dave kissed the small of Adam's back as his fingers worked lower.

"I'm looking forward to us having our own place. Daisy, I love you so much." Adam's felt Dave's finger loose him up. "I need you so much. I'm so glad that Leah sent you back to me."

"I belong with you." Dave planted more kisses on Adam's back.

Adam felt Dave's rod pierce him and he tried to push back on him but everything ached. Adam relaxed, as Dave knew just what to do to take him to a place where the pain no longer existed. "That's so good." Adam moaned as waves of pleasure over took him.

Dave yelled, "Wow," a number of times as he ejaculated. "Adina, that was so good." He kissed Adam's back.

Adam laughed at himself. His image of himself changed so much since the week in the sorority house. He had gone to woman using asshole to an effeminate homosexual in less than a month. He liked himself better than he had when he worked so hard to impress woman that he called hoes behind their backs. He felt free from the labels that he used to define himself. "I'm going to take a nap. I hope I'm up to walking to class in the morning."

"You could see the doctor for pain pills." Dave kissed Adam's back and muffed his hair.

"I'll manage." Adam closed his eyes and went to sleep.

---

After his Tuesday class, Adam met his mom in the sorority's lounge and hugged her. "Mom, you didn't need to come up here. I've been hurt worse in football."

"The newspapers are calling it a gay bashing," she said.

"Whatever sells papers."

"Why did the girl that opened the door ask me if I was Adina's mom?" she asked.

"That's what the girls call me," Adam said.

"I suppose there is a long story behind it, but that can wait. A gay bashing. I find you here surrounded by girls; the press doesn't know my kid," she said.

"It was my politics. After I became president, I wouldn't let the brothers engage in behaviors not becoming the house," Adam said.

"In other words, there was a mutiny and they tried to kill the captain," she said.

"But that doesn't sell papers." Adam started to laugh but needed to stop since it hurt so much.

Dave hugged Adam's mother. "Nora, I wish you were here under better circumstances."

"I'll take you both to dinner," Nora said. "We can talk in the car."

Adam sat in the backseat of the car. He didn't want his mother to stare at the bruises covering his face especially around the jaw.

"Adam won't tell me what happened," Nora said.

"It was in the paper," Dave said. "Two men hit him and when he yelled for help. Two more joined in. When Robert and I arrived, the boys were fleeing. Adam was barely conscious."

"And he refused to go to the hospital," Nora said.

"He's stubborn," Dave said. "We were supposed to meet two girls to go out for drinks. He told me that he was just going to get a couple things to take next door and when he didn't arrive, I returned to see what was keeping him."

"Dave, it isn't your fault," Nora said.

At the restaurant, Adam took a deep breath. "There is something Dave and I have to tell you. Dave's family all ready knows." Adam suspected that she knew what he was going to tell her.

Nora put down her glass of water and leaned forward. "I'm listening."

"Dave and I are planning to get a place together," Adam said, before taking a drink of water.

Nora drank her water and ate some bread. "What do you want me to say?"

Adam smiled at his mother. "A dumb comment about grandchildren might be appropriate. If I hadn't been beaten, we would have told you this summer. I didn't think it was the right thing to tell you over the phone or in an email."

"And all those girls?" Nora asked.

"I didn't love them. I love Dave. When I hold his hand or look into his eyes, it seems so simple," Adam said.

"And your frat brothers nearly killed you for it," his mother said.

"They knew before they elected me president. I didn't know a few of my brothers would turn on me. I thought we were past that kind of behavior," Adam said.

"With Fred Phelps in the world. A boy no different than you was killed because he was gay," his mother said.

"You can't live in fear," Dave said. "I moved out because I didn't like the way the guys were acting. Adam would have never moved into that frat if it weren't for me. He joined to protect me and I couldn't protect him."

"If you and Robert didn't arrive when you did, I could have been killed." Adam smiled. "You did an excellent job of protecting me."

"Why did the girls call you Adina?" Nora asked.

Dave told the story about the tape and the KOK-tail cruise. Adam's mother tried to keep herself from laughing. After dinner, Nora dropped Dave at the sorority house. "Son, we can talk about things?" she said as they started to walk around campus.

"I don't know what you want me to say," Adam said.

"Do you have a job where you're moving?" she asked.

"I'm young and I have a college degree. I'll find something," Adam said.

"You really joined the fraternity to protect Dave?"

"I came to like it. I liked being treasurer then president. I thought I was making things better and now they're going to close it down."

"Not because of anything you did."

"I believed in my brothers. I thought they were better than that."

"They voted you president, so those four boys couldn't be in the majority."

"I know that. There were several parties that night so Jimmy knew the house would be close to empty. I just came back from a party myself."

"With the two girls and Dave."

"You met Leah. She's the head of D-O-G."

"The blonde with the black glasses."

"You get bashed for being gay on a night that you and Dave were out with two girls. Only my son could manage this feat." Nora looked at her bruised son for a second. "What were you getting from the house?"

"A bag of women's clothes. I was going to return them."

"No wonder they beat you to a pulp."

"I was carrying them, not wearing them," Adam said.

"Son, I don't agree with what they did." Nora put her arms around him.

Adam cried in his mother's arms. "I gave that fraternity three years of my life and because four boys lost their temper all my good work is gone." Adam gave everything to the house and a vocal minority hated him for it.

"No knowledge goes to waste."

"I joined for Dave and he quit. Why didn't I move out when he did?"

"Because you believed you could make a difference."

 


The end (your comment are appreciated)

uris@fateordestiny.com