TITLE: How to mend a broken Carrot

FANDOM: Sorcerer Hunters

AUTHOR: Willie J

EMAIL: wmj166@msn.com

WEB SITE: N/A

PAIRINGS: Carrot/Marron (and yes they are brothers!)

RATING: NC-17 for content

DISCLAIMER: Sorcerer Hunters is copyright by A.D. Vision.

FEEDBACK: Dear God Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

DISTRIBUTION: List Archives

SPOILERS: None

SUMMARY: Slightly A/U Carrot, raped, tortured

Warning: This story may contain themes of rape, slash and incest. If any of this may offend you please stop reading immediately.

A/N: Meet the Sorcerer Hunters: Five extraordinary young humans charged with the task of traveling the land in secrecy, hunting down evil Sorcerers--masters of powerful and forbidden magic who use their dark abilities to enslave, to kill the weak and helpless.

CHARATER INTRO:
Carrot Glace, a lecherous young warrior, without many other talents, save one: the ability to transform into various giant beasts by feeding off the power of sorcerers when attacked by unfriendly magic.

Marron Glace, his younger brother and master of the Eastern magic.

Tira Misu, an unassuming woman who, when faced with a challenge, presents her rather dominant alter ego.

Chocolate Misu, her older sister the more forward of the two and even worse when she's ready to kick some ass with her needle tipped garrote wire.

Finally, Gateau Mocha, the muscle of the team with brains.

A/N: Japanese....niisan is loosely translated to mean older brother; otouto is loosely translated to mean younger brother.


How To Mend A Broken Carrot
by Willie J
* * *

They were fighting against a deadly sorcerer and his men. Opal had a very nasty habit of turning pensioners that displease him into shining jewels.

And Big Mama sent them here to stop him.

At first, it seemed as if they were winning the battle. Tira, her deadly whip snapping against her opponents, wrapping around their throats and killing them. Chocolate, with her lethal thread, leaving bodies pumping out their lifeblood. The sisters worked as a team, a deadly team. Already they had killed two of Opal's men and they were working on their next victims.

Carrot and Gateau had already engaged and killed two of the sorcerers minions leaving him with only four men. Leaving Marron to engage the sorcerer, keeping him at bay with his deadly wands of power. Carrot kept a watchful eye on his brother, waiting for his opportunity to jump in when the sorcerer attacked, absorb the malignant magic and transform.

Tira and Chocolate exchanged savage glances and attacked, never letting up on their chosen opponents as did Carrot and Gateau.

Then it happened.

In an effort to avoid the punishing blow Gateau had launched at his chest, the man twisted and plunged his sword into Marron's unsuspecting back.

Carrot, seeing the man turn, screamed, "Marron, look out!" watching in horror the blossoming red stain on his brother's back and the man pulled his sword out, smirking.

And for a brief moment Marron's body remained upright, in a eerie illusion of health, before slowly collapsing.

Carrot's howl of fury and fear froze the embattling figures briefly.

Carrot threw himself at the smirking man in furious denial, beating him back with a wild savagery he couldn't defend against and with a pain-laced smile Carrot sliced viciously at the man's torso.

The man stood frozen in shock and then lifeless as his upper torso fell forward leaving his lower body still standing, before toppling over.

The sorcerer smirked as he realized that the group had effectively lost one of their members, their magic user. He cast a deadly spell at the remaining three, blasting at them and killing his remaining three men. Oh well, there's plenty more where they came from, he thought in extreme disinterest.

Screaming, their bodies were lifted up and came crashing down a few feet away.

Chocolate's body fell with a sickening crack, as Tira's narrowly escaped being impaled on a jutting tree branch. Gateau's body slammed into Carrot's, just as he was bending over Marron's body trying to turn him over to see the damage. Carrot was knocked to the ground, hitting his head on a half-buried stone and losing consciousness.

The sorcerer began laughing as he realized that he had beaten them. Oh, the others will be so pleased with me. I must take one of them back with me as a trophy. Perhaps that one, he thought looking at the unconscious Carrot. I think he will suit our little playroom quite nicely.

"I'll have a couple of my boys come and finish off the rest of you while we have our fun with this tempting little morsel," he said aloud licking his lips.

With an evil lascivious smile he picked Carrot limp body up and carried him away into the castle that shimmered into view as he approached it, unaware of a pair of eyes watching him.

I think he will scream and twisting oh so delightfully....and the blood, Oh, his blood, that beautiful red fluid will paint such glorious pictures of pain on his body. They look so beautiful covered in our love tokens, writhing under the lash, he thought dreamily, his body hardening at the mental images.

I must summon the others after I've secured our little 'pet'. He walked into the playroom and secured Carrot in the center of the room in manacles. He stepped back looking at the outstretched body hanging from the ceiling like a human 'X'.

With a finger to his lips he murmured aloud, "Something is missing. Tch, tch, tch. What is missing," tapping his lips thoughtfully.

His eyes lit up as he cried, "I know!"

He ran to a large cupboard, flung it open revealing various sexual devices and instruments of torture. Muttering to himself as he opened drawer after drawer, "Where is it, I know Garnet put it in here just last month after our other pet died", and with an exclamation of joy, he held up a bejeweled collar with a leash attached.

Perfect, just perfect, happily fastening the collar around Carrot's neck. Now we just need to clean up our little pet, he thought with a moue of displeasure at the dirt covering the boy, and he'll be ready for our little party tonight. I think we shall oodles of 'fun' with him for very long time, clapping his hands in glee.

With an evil grin twisting his face, he went to call his companions, stopping only to give orders to have the 'pet' cleaned up. With a bow, the servants complied, careful to keep all expression from their faces. It wouldn't do to get Master Opal mad or one of them could even up in the playroom.

They shuddered and hurried to clean the new 'pet' in the playroom.

*

Tira stirred with a groan of pain as she carefully leveraged herself up, holding on to a tree. She looked around at a sound behind, stifling a cry of pain, seeing Gateau quickly getting to his feet.

She looked around her for first her sister and crying out in dismay at the sight of her sister crumpled form. Quickly hobbling over to her and trying to get her up.

"Chocolate," she cried, knowing that she did not have the strength to help her sister up.

"Chocolate, you have to get up," whimpering she bent slightly to shake Chocolate's shoulder and was encouraged at the moan she heard.

"I hear ya, I hear ya....just gimme a minute," Chocolate mumbled without opening her eyes. Slowly her lids lifted and gazing at the tearful face of her sister, tried to make light of her injuries.

Her mouth curved in mocking smile as she said, "I hope you killed the fucker that sat on me?"

"Oh ,Chocolate," Tira cried grateful that her sister seem okay.

"Help me up, wouldja," Chocolate said. Tira did, both stifling groans of pain. Chocolate saw Gateau bend to pick Marron's limp body up and thought enviously, look at him, not a fuckin' scratch on him, not even a moan of pain. Life can be just so unfair, she shook her head at the injustice and moaned in pain as the movement jarred her head.

Gateau called to them, "We need to get somewhere safe before the sorcerer sends out some of his goons."

"Yes, let's go. But wait, where's Carrot," Tira said glancing around anxiously.

"Yeah, where's my darling," Chocolate said worriedly.

"I don't know and right now it's more important to get us to safety than to worry about where that idiot has wandered off to," Gateau said without glancing around,

"Wait a minute, Gateau, you know damn well that Carrot would never leave Marron if he thought his brother was in danger," Chocolate said furiously and gasped at the pain radiating from her spine.

"No, Carrot would never leave Marron behind like this," Tira said worriedly, "I think something is wrong."

"You may be right," Gateau said striding away with his limp bundle, "but Carrot's not here now and we all need to get to safety and heal."

Tira and Chocolate exchange pain-filled glances of acknowledgment before limping after their teammate and friend.

They had to take frequent breaks in order for Tira and Chocolate to go on. Tira was growing more dizzy and lightheaded by the moment while Chocolate was gritting her teeth again the agonizing pain in her back.

They almost cried in relief at the sight of the house they had stayed in the night before. Gateau entered and immediately took Marron up to the room they shared leaving the Misu sisters wearily leaning against the doorjab.

They waited for him to come back down to help them up the stairs and slowly realized that he wasn't coming back. They sighed at the sight of the stairs and with their arms around each other they made it to their room and bed.

Tira looked at the pained expression on her sister's face and started channeling the earth to heal her sister.

At first Chocolate tried to protest, but realized it was too late as she felt herself healing. Suddenly Tira gave a loud cry and slumped to the floor, unconscious.

"Tira!" Chocolate tried to catch her sister from falling but she was too late and still in to much pain to make quick movements possible.

She managed to pick Tira off the floor and get her into bed. Each movement one of intense pain but this was her sister and by damn, she would get her in the bed, she thought grimly, forcing her body to lift and tug at her sister.

She slowly, painfully, made her way to the bathroom to get their first aid supplies. As she passed Marron's and Gateau's room she saw Marron was lying naked facedown in the bed with Gateau, with his shirt off, bending over him wiping off the blood on his back.

"Oh, I almost forgot that Marron had been hurt. Is he okay, is he going to be alright?" Chocolate asked anxiously from the doorway, her face drawn in concern.

"Yes, I think he'll be fine," Gateau said getting up from the bed, "And if you'll excuse me I need to finish patching him up," and shut the door in her face.

Chocolate blinked, okay, that was weird, she thought to herself. Obviously, Gateau is worried sick about Marron, she thought with an internal giggle, considering how he's always hitting on him. Maybe he thinks that this is his chance to make his play, she finished with a smirk continuing to the bathroom and getting the supplies she needed.

She smirked, if Darling was here...., and stopped suddenly realizing that he wasn't. We need to go back and find darling. Gateau can do it, he doesn't seem to be too badly injured, he can look for Darling.

With that she carefully made her way to Gateau's and Marron's door and knocked, "Gateau, since you seem the one with the least injuries, you need to go back and look for Carrot," she called through the door.

Gateau snatched the door open and snarled, "Marron is in bad shape, he needs someone to look after him. I can't leave him."

Chocolate looked at him and narrowed her eyes, "What am I chopped liver? I can look after both Tira and Marron while you look for Darling!"

"You're barely able to stand," Gateau said with leashed impatience.

"Yes, but I *can* stand," Chocolate said triumphantly. "I can look after them both."

Gateau seeing the look of determination in her eyes, gave away, trying to control his frustrated anger at the situation being taken out of his hands. He quickly left with instructions to Chocolate about Marron.

Carefully, slowly making her way between the two rooms as she waited for Gateau to get back. As night began edging into the new day, her steps became slower and slower. After making Tira comfortable, she went to check on Marron. She was so tired that she finally had to lay down and fell asleep curled against Marron's body.

She woke with a gasp to a feeling of intense danger and looked around quickly. She sighed in relief at just the sight of just Gateau staring down at her.

"Gateau," she laughed shakily, "You scared the shit out of me."

Gateau just looked down at her.

"Gateau," she said squinting at him, "You okay? Did you find darling?" Growing nervous and panicky in his continued silence.

"Why are you in bed with Marron," he asked cocking his head to the side and a strange look flickered in his eyes that caused her to blink.

She glanced beside her at the wounded friend in the bed and said, "Uhm, 'cause I was tired and I was still in here checking on him?" she hazard a guess.

"Oh," he said. "I'll take over now. I'm sure you want to get back to your sister," he added tugging her up and leading her to the door.

She dug in her heels and said with anger, "Stop pushing me. You didn't answer me. Did you find darling?"

"No," Gateau said with a look of deep loss.

Chocolate eyes closed in despair as she sighed, he's got to be around there somewhere. He can't have vanished. Hopefully where ever he is, he's okay. And allowed Gateau to lead her out the room and shut the door.

* * *

In the castle, the playroom rang with screams of pain. Carrot's body twitched and struggled mightily to escaped from the torment of the whip being wielded by Garnet, Opal's cousin. Blood ran trickling down his naked form from the numerous deep lash marks cutting through his skin.

The six sorcerers stood laughing as his body writhed and danced under the lash. The four men and two women were becoming aroused at the sight of the blood running down his naked body. Every choked curse at them and every scream they pulling from his unwilling throat arousing them further.

Ruby glided up to his straining body and slowly, lowering his head, licked Carrot's bloody back. He shivered in ecstasy at the taste and the choked curses coming from Carrot's mouth.

"Ya a sick fucking bastard. Lemme down and fight me like a man, or don't ya got the balls," Carrot sneered, choking back a scream as the whip landed another bloody furrow on his chest.

"Yes," said Opal brightly, "let's let him down."

With a clanking sound Sparkle lowered Carrot's bloody, straining body to the floor where he collapsed dazed with pain. His hands, still manacled, were seized and fastened to the floor, likewise with his legs, leaving him on all fours.

"You wanted to know if I," and with a glance at the other three men, "If we have balls, well, we are quite prepared to show you."

Behind him there came a rustle of fabric and Carrot's eyes widened in horror. Before he could inhale to say something, anything, agonizing pain shattered his body...his mind...

.....and he screamed.

The servants outside flinched at the tortured scream, knowing it was only the beginning for the boy downstairs and scurried away.

* * *

Back at the house, both Tira and Marron sank into a comas, and nothing Chocolate or Gateau could do would rouse them. Days turned into weeks as they called to their teammates hoping that some how, some way they could get through to the two sleepers.

And in between healing, sitting with her sister, Chocolate continued her desperate search for Carrot. Wearing herself to exhaustion in her forlorn search.

In an act of despair, Chocolate left and walked to the nearest Stellar Church, leaving Gateau with their comatose teammates. It took her three days to get there in her weakened condition, pushing her exhausted body to its limits. Arriving wearily at the church, she looked into the scrying pool and called Big Mama, explaining what was going on.

Big Mama looked alarmed as she said "Oh my dear! I'll send Mille Feuille to you, immediately. He knows quite a lot of healing remedies and draughts. I think he'll be able to help you or at least take some of the burden of searching for Carrot off the two of you. He should be there in a couple of
days."

Chocolate didn't have the heart to tell her that Gateau didn't search with her. He almost never left Marron's side, insisting that someone had to stay with their two companions.

Chocolate trudged back home, hoping that Mille would arrive soon. She arrived and wearily climbed the stairs, noticing with little surprise that Marron's and Gateau's door was gain shut....again. She walked through her bedroom's open door and laid down in bed, exhausted sleep claiming her instantly.

Unaware that the two sleepers had awoken the second day she had left.

*

Several hours later Mille arrived at the house and knocked. "Hmm, no one's answering the door, I guess I'll walk in. Big Mama did say this was urgent," he thought to himself.

He entered calling out several, "Hello's?"

He slowly climbed the stairs. Seeing an open door spilling light into the hallway, he turned to investigate finding Chocolate exhausted body sprawled out on the bed.

Poor thing, he thought in compassion looking at the dark circles under her eyes, she's lost so much weight. With them caring for Marron and Tira, plus looking for Carrot I bet Gateau is in as bad of shape as she.

And he gently rearranged her body, pulling a blanket over the exhausted girl.

Maybe I'll get started looking for Carrot now and let them get their rest, he thought before racing out of the house, long legs eating up the distance.

Hm, I think this is where the battle took place, he thought, crouching down and studying the grass. His head came up with a jerk and cocked to the side.

He stood up slowly and glanced around, It sounded almost like someone screaming. But where. There's nothing here for miles and I know I can't hear that well. I wonder.....

He took out a feather and held it out. It flew from his hand as if it were still attached to the wing of a bird. And suddenly, the feather flared as it neared an empty patch of land a bare 100 feet from where he was stood in the shadows. As the feather flared, it reveal briefly a shimmering outline of a wall...a building.

HA! I wonder if that's where the screams are coming from? I better go check, hopefully I can get in. Who knows, maybe Carrot's in there, hopefully it's not him that's screaming.

And with all the stealth and magic at his command he entered the castle. Slinking through the castle, keeping to the shadows following the screams to a large room.

Still in the shadows, he peered into the room barely restraining a gasp of horror at the sight of a naked Carrot chained up and being savagely whipped. He noticed with a shock of disgust that some of them were licking up the blood dripping from his body. He shook with rage at the sight and he vowed that he was not leaving this place without Carrot. He saw Carrot's body arch and strain before dropping limply in the chains.

He quickly counted the number of people in the room before attacking. Launching several exploding feathers at the people knocking four of them out, he quickly raced to the chains holding Carrot. Pulling another couple of feathers out, he threw them at the remaining people slashing through their unprotected throats.

And pulling out one more feather, he gently pulled it across the chains holding Carrot, severing them, catching the abused body in his arms.

He shifted Carrot quickly and carefully into his arms, not wanting to cause the boy any more pain than necessary, wrapping his cloak around the thin, tortured body. Moving quicker, as he heard the unconscious figures stirring, he raced out of the castle back to the house and safety.

* * *

Tira sleepily opened her eyes, Funny, that almost looks like Mille, what's he doing here? Oh yeah, Gateau said that Chocolate was going for help for us.

She sat up with a jerk, quickly looking at the other bed, Chocolat's back! My goodness, look at her. She's gotten so thin worrying over us, she needs her rest, I'll welcome her home when she wakes up, and Tira slipped back to sleep.

There was came a loud sound, startling the four sleepers awake. Tira and Chocolate sat up in their beds, Marron and Gateau jumping from their bed. Amid cries of joy at seeing each other awake, they raced to the top of the stairs meeting Marron and Gateau.

Looking down, they saw Mille kneeling on the floor, his back to them. His shoulders shaking as he placed a bundle on the floor, the cloth parting to reveal thin bare legs covered with bloody lash marks.

Tira and Chocolate crept down the stairs followed closely by Marron ,with Gateau in the rear.

"Mille," Chocolate said in the hush. "Mille, is it..." she choked out seeing the damaged legs and thighs.

Mille turned his tear filled eyes to her and simply nodded.

Tira, Chocolate and Marron raced to the Carrot's prone body crying out in dismay at the wounds they could see on his chest.

"It's worse on his back," Mille said hoarsely, his teeth clenched as if to stop himself for screaming.

Marron gently touched his niisan's face, and with golden eyes glowing in rage, "Where can I find them," he looked up at Mille.

"Where can WE find them," Tira and Chocolate both growled out, touching Carrot gently to reassure themselves of his presence.

"I found him at the site of your battle, in a invisible castle," Mille said, brushing back a lock of sweat soaked hair from Carrot's face.

Chocolate's head came up with a jerk, "You mean all those times I went to the site looking for clues, he was right......oh God," she shrieked and with a hand covering her mouth dashed out the door. They could hear her being violently sick outside and then her wild sobbing.

Tira glanced uneasily at Marron and murmured, "She didn't know. She's wore herself to the bone looking after us and searching for Carrot."

Marron simply nodded his head, still gently stroking his brother's face, he had noticed how thin Chocolate had become and the dark circles under her eyes.

"We need to get him cleaned up," he said. A cold look in his eyes, "And then you will tell me where to find this castle."

"Yes," Mille hissed, his eyes glittering with rage.

He gently raised Carrot's body back into his arms, wincing at the moan of pain from Carrot. He turned around and saw Gateau still standing at the foot of the stairs. He thought distantly, funny, he doesn't look too pleased, must be as upset as we are, as he carried his precious burden up the stairs.

*

Marron brushed past Mille, racing to the bathroom to get the bathtub prepared. Tira ran after him quickly selecting different herbs that would help heal and soothe his body. The tub quickly filled with water and the pungent smell of the various herbs that Tira used in the bathwater.

Mille arrived at the door with Carrot restlessly cradled in his arms. Fortunately, the bathroom was large enough to hold them all as Mille gently lowered Carrot's body into the warm water and uncovered his entire body.

Causing Tira to cry out in dismay at the torturous seeping stripes
encircling his body.

Marron seized her savagely by the shoulders and shook her, hissing, "We do
not need this right, control yourself now!"

Tira nodded, ashamed at her weakness.

Mille moved around to the front of the bathtub and held Carrot's head as Marron gently poured water over Carrot's body, washing away the blood and filth. And the tortured body stilling for the first time.

They continued this way with Chocolate fetching clean cloths and added fresher herbs to the water. Letting the brownish, red-stained water out and refilling the bathtub with clean water. Four times they did this, washing the wounds and opens sores gently until finally the water remain clear as Mille and Marron finished bathing the skeletal body, and lasting washing the sweat-soaked hair. Carrot was then gently picked up and wrapped in soft towels and carried to his room.

Tira had ran downstairs, frantically mixing a salve together for the multitude of wounds on his body. Her body shaking with sobs, her hands shaking and trembling at the images playing in her mind. Finishing, she ran up the stairs, absently noting Gateau laying on the single rumpled bed in
his and Marron's room. Panting she came to a stop as they placed Carrot's body gently down. His body writhing restlessly as Marron moved away. Stopping only when Marron gently touched him with the salve.

Tira, Mille and Chocolate each tried to smooth the salve into the many seeping wounds but he kept twisting away from their touch, closer to Marron. So they stopped and allowed Marron to continue with his ministrations.

Marron was unaware of their actions, all he knew was that his niisan was hurt. Grimly focusing only on slicking the salve onto the numerous marks, because he knew if he didn't he would breakdown.

He finally finished and Carrot's body laid still. "Tira," he called, "See if you can heal him with your earth healing powers."

She nodded and gently placed her hands on Carrot calling upon the earth until she was near exhaustion, determined to heal him completely. She swayed, close to losing consciousness as before Marron noticed her state and swiftly moved her away.

"No, let me back," she muttered to him, her head lolling on his shoulder. "I have to make him better." And she finally started crying, allowing her sister to lead her from the room.

"Someone will need to stay with him tonight," Mille said. "He seems quieter, less restless when you are beside him," he suggested tentatively.

"I know, that's why I planned on staying," Marron said carefully getting into the bed and gently pulling his niisan into his arms.

Mille quietly left the room and went to the Misu sister's and said, "He'll need a lot of care over the next couple of days," he began as Gateau walked up behind him and asking "Where's Marron?"

Mille turned and said, "I was just telling Tira and Chocolate that Carrot will be needing a lot of care over the next couple of days. He seems calmer and less restless with Marron, so Marron decided to stay with him tonight." As he spoke he absently noticed a strange look cross Gateau's face before he continued, "I think in the morning we can decide what shifts will be taking, but for now I think we all need our rest for the upcoming days."

Gateau left the room silently, internally raging, that fucking fool! He should have stayed gone. I finally get Marron into bed and HE comes back with Marron rushing to his side like always. Oh my poor niisan is hurt, oh the sorcerer is carrying away my niisan, my niisan my ass, he snarled
silently.

After getting blankets and a pillow, Mille went downstairs and slept on the couch. Waking quickly, he made his way up to Carrot's room wondering how he had faired the night. On entering the room, he smiled at the charming sight. Tira and Chocolate curled up on the floor beside the bed, Carrot tucked against Marron's side, all four deeply asleep.

He shut the door quietly and went downstairs to prepare breakfast, dropping everything at the wild scream coming from upstairs. He raced back up the stairs to a sight of a feral Carrot backed into a corner, a letter opener clutched in his hand.

"Fuckin' bastards," he screamed. "You think you can trick me with your illusions, ya fuckin' assholes? I know this ain't real," he sneered. "Ya think I'm going to believe that my friends are still alive, ya fucking bastards," he yelled and then collapsed in the corner, bringing his knees to his chest and rocking back and forth, chanting "It's not real...it's not real...it's not real."

They all exchanged dismayed glances as they tried to figure out what to do. Marron shrugged out of his outer robe and tossed it at the shying figure in the corner.

They watched silently as Carrot's, never taking his eyes off of them, quickly reached out and snatched up the robe. He brought it to his nose and inhaled. Slowly standing up, but keeping the letter opener aimed at them.

He talked out loud, pacing back and forth. "Scent is real, but I saw them dead. But the scent is Marron's, but he's dead. Sight can be fooled but scent can't be. They don't know Marron's scent, they don't have Marron's scent, so this is real?" he said fearfully.

He slowly crouched down and cautiously approached them, the letter opener still clutched in a white-knuckled grip. Marron, likewise lowered himself to Carrot's level yet remained still, sensing any sudden movement would send the skittish figure away. Closer Carrot's edged, his eyes constantly flickering warily at the others in the room before returning to Marron's face.

Finally, he was within touching distance. His hand trembling visibly, tentatively darted out and touched Marron's face, jerking back as the others held their breath

Seeing no hostile movement, he edged closer still, now totaling focusing on the figure before him. Sniffing the air, until his face was press in Marron's neck. Tears ran down his face and he knew that this wasn't an illusion, this was real. He threw his arms around Marron in relief, dropping the letter opener. Hearing a cry, he looked up and saw Tira and Chocolate. He unloosed one of his arms and gestured. And the girls threw themselves onto the crying boys. Touching faces, arms, hands, eyes reassuring themselves that Carrot was home and he reassuring himself that he was home and safe.

Mille smiled tearfully at the loving reunion. He really cared for the boy and despite all his teasing innuendo, it was only the affection of friends. He so loved seeing him blush and sputter, he smirked. It was fun. He knew that Carrot knew he was only teasing and they continued to play their little game.

He decided to leave them alone in their tearful reunion, turned around and he jumped back in surprise at the sight of Gateau standing behind him watching the friends comfort each other.

"They looked so happy to be reunited, don't they," Mille said fondly. He blinked as a disturbingly dark expression seemed to flicker in Gateau's eyes at his words. He thought for a moment and dismiss the idea, obviously Gateau was upset about the way Carrot had been tortured and was anxious for some payback and continued back into the kitchen to finish breakfast for the group.

*

The next couple of days settled into a pattern. Carrot was okay during the day, however, at night it was a different matter as they found out on the first day he awakened.

Everyone had finally gotten to sleep when a piercing scream rent the air. They all jumped up and raced to the sound of the screaming. It was coming from Carrot's room!

They ran to the door and stepped through. They discovered to their shock and dismay that while he was screaming, he was still asleep. They did everything the could to wake him to no avail, it was only when Tira tentatively mentioned how calmer Carrot seemed when Marron held him that a solution was found. Marron quickly climbed into the bed and embraced his screaming niisan.

The screams abruptly stopped and choking sobs filled the room as Carrot began to climb out of the nightmare world he had inhabited to safety, feeling himself being rocked gently in someone's arms.

Marron felt so helpless at how to help his niisan...and guilty. Helpless, because this wasn't something that magic could fix or destroy. And guilt, because when his niisan had been tortured, he had been dallying in Gateau's bed. He began to shake with rage and guilt, needing to hurt someone, something, anything. Tears of shame rolled silently down his face, mingling with the tears of his brother.

Chocolate and Tira were each equally incensed. Where was the enemy so that they could punish him for hurting Carrot? You can't punish a nightmare, you can't punish the darkness in someone's mind. But when they got their hands on the sorcerer that did this, they would show them why they were so feared.

They exchanged glances, seeing the same thought in each other eyes and slow, cold, infinitely cruel smiles settled on their faces. Payback was a bitch and they were just the bitches to do it.

Mille saw the look on the Misu sisters' and shuddered, never having seen such a cold smile on anyone's face and, he hoped fervently, never to see again.

And, it was settled that only Marron and Mille would take turns sleeping with Carrot at night, because, for some reason Gateau seemed to unsettle him. The girls, had initialing protested the arrangement, even when Mille explained it was a female that had been whipping Carrot when he found him.

They had hotly turned to Carrot, their mouths open to plead their case and closed as they noticed Carrot's averted face and the way he was leaning away from them. Stunned, they silently left the room.

The days settled into a pattern, during the day Carrot seemed to be healing physically but mentally they sensed that there was still a problem, some secret that he was keeping from them.

That first day they had raced to the sorcerer's castle for revenge, leaving Mille and the volunteering Gateau with Carrot, only to find it deserted; the sorcerer having fled. Marron's scream of rage had shocked even the Misu sisters out of their destructive madness. They stood back and watched in awe as Marron destroyed the castle single-handedly.

That evening Marron was seething with rage that all could feel. Gateau tried to calm him down to no avail, it was only Carrot's quiet voice that seemed to still the rage in his eyes.


*

Later that week Mille received a call from Big Mama that he was urgently needed in the next town for a short assignment. Unfortunately, this was his Carrot-sitting night.

He went to find Marron to tell him of the situation and let Marron know that he would need to stay with Carrot that night only to be told by Tira that Marron and Gateau had left earlier that morning for town, but had promised they would be back after dinner.

Mille thought for a moment and asked, "You two will be here for the rest of the day?"

The girls exchanged glances and said, "Well we think so," Tira said tentatively.

Sometimes a pensioner, knowing that Tira was a healer, would seek her help for someone in their household and usually one of the boys or Chocolate would escort her there and back, reasoning that there was safety in numbers.

Mille thought again and said, "Okay, how about this, you tell Marron that he needs to stay with Carrot tonight and about my mission. In addition, I'll leave a note telling him of this just in case you get called out of the house, how does that sound?"

Tira and Chocolate smiled in relief, although since the rescue Carrot had proven to be perfectly fine during the day, they still worried and hovered over him. They knew he hated it, but he always let them fuss over him because he knew it had hurt them that they could not stay with him during
the night.

Quickly, suiting action to words, Mille wrote out a brief note, placed it on the table and raced off to his assignment.

Chocolate and Tira alternated fussing over the usually patient Carrot. They had all sensed the distinct change in his personality. They couldn't understand it, he had been hurt much worse, many time before. But now, he had become more introspective; he wasn't making stupid jokes and cackling at them; when they into town, he refused to leave anyone's side, not even chasing after girls; before he was always fearless and careless with his words, now he seemed to be warily thinking of each word to say before letting them spill from his lips.

As Carrot mood and personality changed, so did the group dynamics change.

They recognized that each member had a role to play in the group and they had vastly underestimated the role that Carrot played....always the jester, the clown, the unpredictable one.

At the end of a battle, he was always there with a joke or harmless prank causing everyone to throw off the tension of battle to chase after him in annoyance, leaving their stress behind them. And by the time they caught up with him, laughing, it seemed silly to hurt him, walking in companionship the rest of the way home. Even when they reflected on past battles, he always had a joke to defuse their somber mood.

Now, laughter and joy seemed to be missing from the house. Only stress and, oddly enough, guilt seemed to live in every room of the house almost to a suffocating degree. The only place it didn't appear, was Carrot's room. Something had to change.

*

Gateau entered the house carrying various packages, glad to be spending time with Marron. He had a lot of things planned for him and Marron later tonight since Mille would be staying with Carrot tonight. Nothing was going to interfere with his night with Marron, they had to make up for lost time. He smiled lasciviously at the thought of him, a naked Marron and hot sex. He frowned, or at least hot for him and lukewarm for Marron. He sighed, someday soon he would figure out a way to get Marron to match his passion.

He saw the note lying on the table by the door and was a little curious, but decided to read it later. He and Marron continued into the kitchen to deposit their packages, he noted sourly that Carrot was downstairs.

"Niisan," Marron greeted Carrot with a smile of quiet delight, happy to see his niisan downstairs.

"Marron," Carrot exclaimed desperately glad to see his brother, Gateau, anybody to rescue him from the girls and their eternal fussing. He quickly hopped off the table and dragged Marron away from the doorway. Talking to him in an urgent whisper and keeping a wary eye on the doorway, making sure the girls didn't catch him.

"Marron, you've gotta do something about Chocolate and Tira. They're driving me crazy. Every couple of minutes they're asking me if I'm too hot or too cold; asking me if I want something to eat; insisting that I need a nap....they won't stop," Carrot softly exclaimed, his eyes wild and hunted, Marron noticed with amusement and concern.

"Marron, I've been hiding from them for the past half hour to get some peace and quiet. You gotta help me, man! Don't let they get me!" Carrot said in a panicky rush, gripping the front of Marron's robe as he heard Chocolate calling his name, a note of panic in her voice.

Gateau, not hearing Carrot's whispered conversation, called to Chocolate, "He's in the kitchen with us," watching with puzzled narrowed eyes as Carrot froze, a little whimper coming from his throat as he dropped his head to Marron's chest. He abruptly left the room when Marron hugged Carrot, barely avoiding getting trampled by the Misu sisters

Carrot smiled slightly, feeling safe and warm in his ototo's embrace. Despite Mille's comforting presence in his room at night, it was only when Marron was with him did he truly feel safe and secure..

Chocolate and Tira tumbled into the kitchen, looking on anxiously as Marron hugged and rocked his desperate niisan, his lips twitching in amusement.

"Chocolate, Tira, I think perhaps my niisan would benefit from a little rest, alone in his room," Marron said smoothly, hearing Carrot's faint 'thank you'.

"See, I told you he was looking a tired," Chocolate turned to Tira, happy that she had been proven right.

"Do you need something to eat," Tira asked anxiously, whirling to Chocolate, telling her to run to Carrot's room and make sure that it wasn't to hot or cold, while she grabbed something for him to eat.

Marron firmly controlled his twitching lips as he heard his niisan whimper and burrow closer.

"I don't think that will be necessary," Marron quickly said, stopping Chocolate from running upstairs. "The day is perfectly fine.....warm, sunny with just a hint of breeze. I think Carrot would enjoy, perhaps, having the window open and getting a little fresh air into the room, if that's okay," he asked looking down at the frantically nodding head buried in his chest.

Carrot almost cried, he was so grateful to Marron for getting the girls off his back. They were almost as bad taking care of him as they were punishing him when he chased after girls. Either way, he needed to get away from them for a while.

Quickly he reached up and kissed Marron on his cheek before darting away to the relative peace and quiet of his room. Marron felt an electrifying rush go through his body at the brief contact and quickly dismissed the sensation, just happy to see his niisan smiling again.

They heard a knock at the door and wandered into the living room, seeing Gateau opening the door revealing a desperate looking pensioner. Tira looked at the man and said, "I'll grab my things. Chocolate, you coming with me?" she shouted over her shoulder as she raced up the stairs.

"Yeah, I'll get the rest of the things from the kitchen," Chocolate shouted back, hoping that this medical problem wouldn't take too long. They quickly left, following the pension to his home and ailing son.

And in their rush to aid the pensioner, they forgot to tell Marron that Mille would be away that night.

*

Chocolate and Tira, dragged themselves back to the house, very late that night, refusing the pensioner's offer of a bed anxious to get home.

They had barely settled down into sleep when they were awaken by screams. Jumping out of bed, knowing it was Carrot, they raced to his room, bumping into Marron scrambling into his robe running to Carrot's room also.

Carrot was lost in a dreamscape, a nightmare revisiting his torture and imprisonment at the hands of the sorcerers. This time Mille wasn't there to save him and he fought the sorcerers, desperate not to be restrained again. Feeling hands wrapping around his arms, he struggled harder, screaming hoarsely for Mille, for Marron, for anybody.

Marron, Chocolate and Tira were in near tears as they tried to restrain Carrot, hearing his desperate cries for help. Knowing that this was what he did when the sorcerers had imprisoned and tortured him.

"I've got an idea," Tira said breathlessly from trying to hold on to a struggling Carrot.

"Can you hold him by yourselves," she asked and receiving their nods of assent, she raced downstairs where she had left her medicine bag. Quickly locating the right bottle, she grabbed a cloth, emptied a small amount onto the cloth and raced back up the stairs to Carrot's room where he was still fighting Marron and Chocolate.

Quickly she held the cloth over his nose and mouth, forcing him to inhale the fumes, feeling his body slowly stop struggling, until his body abruptly went lax from the drug.

Carrot struggled desperately against the hands restraining, feeling something covering his mouth and nose. Realizing it was some sort of drug, he screamed despairingly in his mind and simply let go, sinking into the blackness that gently enfolded him in it's protective embrace away from the
pain that would soon follow.

"What the hell did you do," Chocolate said breathlessly, exhausted from the struggle as she push her hair wearily behind her ears.

"It's a knockout gas, when inhaled it relaxes the body, calming the mind. He should be out for a couple of hours," Tira said wearily getting off the bed, dropping the cloth to the floor. Hearing Marron sigh, she turned to him, realized that all he had on was a robe and blushed. Her eyes narrowed as she remembered him coming out of his robe and anger began to pour through her.

"What were you doing in your room," she asked quietly, coldly. Chocolate frowned and looked at Marron accusingly.

Marron looked at her with a raised brow and quietly said, "It wasn't my night, Mille is supposed to be here." He was furious with Mille for skipping out on his brother like this, the least he could have done was let him know.

Chocolate frowned in puzzlement, "Didn't you get his note? I know Tira and I forgot to tell you, but Mille left a note for you downstairs on the table," she added and Tira nodded her head in agreement.

Marron caught his breath, "There's no note downstairs," he said calmly despite his racing heart. He knew he would have remember seeing a note downstairs and there was no note!

"Yes, there was a note," Tira insisted. "Both me and Chocolate saw him write it out and put it on the table."

As they turned to argue with each other, they were unaware of the figure on the bed was awake and aware. Feigning unconsciousness, cold eyes stared at the arguing figures, listening to their every word. Something must be done or the boy will be of no use to us, was the cold thought, feeling the silent agreement from the others. They made plans.

Abruptly Marron turned, stalked from the room and walked down the stairs. He was closely followed by the insistent Tira and Chocolate and a silent Gateau.

Sure enough, the note was gone from the table. Chocolate and Tira exclaimed in dismay and ran to the table, wondering aloud where the note was. Marron's eyes narrowed, spotting something white sticking out from under the table. Bending quickly, he picked it up and paled at reading it's contents.

Gateau seeing him sway and paled, quickly reassured his lover, "Marron, you didn't know. It's okay, we didn't know that Mille would be called away on an assignment," he said soothingly.

Tira quickly rushed to soothe the distraught boy as Chocolate frowned in puzzlement. Something was wrong and she just didn't know what it was.

Upstairs, Carrot slid off the bed and groggily began taking steps around the room, keeping an ear tuned to the voices downstairs, as they forced his body to burn off the drug. Gradually his steps became smoother, gliding around the room as the drug was finally burned out of his body. And obeying a silent prompt, he bent to pick up the cloth, sliding it under his pillow before resuming his former position and feigning unconsciousness at hearing the voices coming up the stairs.

Marron quickly gathered sleeping clothes from his room and quietly eased into Carrot's. Shedding his robe, he quickly pulled the sleeping pants over his narrow hips, unaware that glittering, cold eyes were watching his every move. Feeling uneasy, he quickly got into bed with his niisan to protect him from what, I don't know, he thought wryly. It had been a long tiring day and he fell asleep quickly.

A while after, a dark figure stirred in the bed, testing to see if the other would waken. Sliding a hand under the pillow, he pulled out the still saturated cloth, swiftly covering Marron's mouth and nose with the cloth. Straddling the bucking body easily, staring coldly down into Marron's terrified face as his eyes slowly fluttered closed and his body grew lax.

One down, four more to go, was the cold thought as Carrot slipped off the bed and padded downstairs to Tira's bag. Quickly locating the correct bottle, he carried bottle and cloth back upstairs. Easing into the females' room, the dark figure crept up to Tira's bed, gently easing over her body and anchoring her firmly to the bed before slapping the cloth over her face. Keeping a wary eye on the still sleeping Chocolate, he ignored the faint muffled cries coming from Tira, feeling her finally still her struggles and become limp.

Rolling off her body, no need for stealthy movements now, he pounced on Chocolate and slapped the cloth over her face, riding her squirming body easily as he stared emotionless down into her frightened eyes, until she went limp.

Pouring more fluid on to the cloth, he quickly gather their robe belts and crept into Gateau's room. Gently, he pulled an arm up and tied it to the headboard, not waking the sleeper but feeling him stir. Quickly rushing to the other side, he grabbed the other arm and tied it to the headboard feeling Gateau stir fully awake and seeing his attacker.

"Carrot, you fucking idiot," Gateau screamed in rage, futilely trying to wrench his arms free, watching Carrot climb the bed and straddle him with a white cloth in his hands. Realizing what it was he tried frantically to turn his face away from the cloth, trying to buck Carrot off of his body, as the cloth covered his face. Staring up into Carrot eerily cold eyes, he fell terrified into the darkness sweeping through his mind, pulling him into unconsciousness.

Moving fast now, he ran and quickly picked up Marron's body and carried the boy downstairs to the dining room. Placing him in an armless chair and tying his hands behind the chair. Pushing the table back, he grabbed the other chairs and arranged the five chairs into a half circle. Rushing back upstairs, one by one, he brought the others down and tied them into chairs.

Surveying the limp, drooping bodies with a cold sense of satisfaction, he felt that one more thing was needed. Going back upstairs, he grabbed a pillowcase and made four gags with the ripped cloth for his 'prisoners'.

And a cold, empty smile crossed his face as he waited for the final player.

Mille trudged tiredly back to the house. He had exhausted himself in his hurry to return to the house to make sure Carrot was doing okay. Opening the door, he was surprised to see Carrot sitting on the couch staring blankly at nothing.

"I see you're already awake," Mille said with a smile. And he felt a nameless dread creep up his spine for some reason.

"Oh, I had some things to tie up," Carrot said without looking at Mille as he stood up and held his hands behind his back. "Why don't you go on into the kitchen, I'll make you breakfast, you look hungry," Carrot said with a smile that the exhausted Mille didn't notice, never reached his dark eyes.

"Okay," Mille said with another graceful smile before walking down the hall, feeling Carrot behind him. Another uneasy shiver raced up his spine and he turned his head to say something to Carrot when pain shot through his head and he collapsed unconsciousness.

Carrot smilingly stood over him, holding the large paperweight in his hands. Grabbing Mille by the ankles, he dragged him into the dinner room with the others and treated him the same. Going around the room, he remove the gags from their still unconsciousness bodies.

He frowned, wondering if he had gave them too much and shrugged.

Later that day they gradually began to stir. Low moans filled the room as they awakened from their drug induced slumber.

Marron looked around with bleary eyes, struggling to get up, slowly realizing that something was wrong as he realized that he was in the dining room instead of Carrot's bed. His heart racing in sudden realization when he remembered that Carrot was the one that had attacked him.

Looking around he saw everyone else tied up in chairs in a half circle, slowly coming awake. He noticed with a small gasp that Mille had a thin trickle of blood running down his neck.

"Mille," he called out quietly, not wanting to alert Carrot that they were awake.

Mille shook his head, crying out at the pain from the motion. He tried to raise his hands and couldn't. He raised his head at the various moans coming from around him and saw he was in the dining room and everyone, including him was tied up. He saw Marron was watching him anxiously.

"What happened," he asked softly to Marron.

"I'll tell you what happened," Gateau interrupted furiously, tugging on his bonds, "That fucking idiot Carrot finally snapped and did this to us. He crept into the bedroom, tied me up and used that stuff you gave him on, I bet, all of us." He snarled in rage, he was going to kill Carrot when he got his hands on him.

"Something is wrong with him," Marron tried to explain, "His eyes...." he trailed off seeing as someone walked into the room. His eyes narrowed.

"Carrot, you fucking idiot! When I get my hands free, I'm going to snap your neck like a twig," Gateau shouted furiously at Carrot, who simply stared with a cold, empty smile on his face.

"That's not my niisan," Marron said quietly watching the still silent body of his brother.

"Marron," Mille questioned, with a nervous look on his face, echoed by Chocolate and Tira.

"What the hell do you mean, that's not Carrot! Of course it's Carrot. Did you the drug affect your eyesight or something? If it looks like a Carrot, walks like a Carrot, talks like a Carrot, THEN IT'S CARROT!" Gateau shouted angrily at Marron, fuming. How like Marron, never wanting to believe the worst about his precious fucking niisan, he sneered.

"But it's not Carrot," Marron said, no emotion showing on his face except for his glittering eyes, "What I would like to know, is who is it that's wearing my niisan's body?" His voice had gone dangerously low as fury glittered in his eyes.

"I/we must admit, that I/we thought it would take you longer to figure things out, little cub," said the Carrot-figure as it glided into the room, "The boy keeps underestimating the degree of bond you have with him," it mused.

Mille's eyes widen and he froze as he realized WHAT was occupying Carrot's body. "Oh shit," he muttered.

"What the fuck are you talking about, of course it's Carrot, who else would want to occupied that stupid, ridiculous body," Gateau sneered and froze in shock as the eyes met his. That cold indifference had NEVER been in Carrot's eyes before and he could almost believe that this wasn't Carrot.

"I asked who are you," Marron said quietly, intense rage burning in his eyes.

"Who are you to ask such a question, little cub? The boy knows the truth of where you've been enjoying your hours while your so-called beloved niisan was being brutally abused in that castle," the figure spoke coldly, an almost a sibilant hiss in its' voice.

"We didn't know where he was at the time, Gateau and Chocolate couldn't find the castle. And what truth are you talking about," Marron said, his heart pounding in his chest at the thought of what Carrot would think about him and Gateau.

"Ahhhh, fear! I can smell it!" The figure glided closer to him, moving with a predatory grace that Carrot had never achieved. It slid to it's knees before Marron, slowly trailing its' face up Marron's legs and into his crotch sniffing deeply.

Gliding over Marron's body, straddling his thighs as it hissed in his face, "Little cub, I can still smell him on you! While your brother laid broken and alone upstairs, you were busy fuc....." it stopped abruptly, falling out of Marron's lap as if someone had given the Carrot's body a hard shove.

"Leave him alone," Carrot suddenly growled out, the expression on his face shifting quickly.

His expression shifted again to one of cold, dark hardness.

"Why do you continue to protect the cub? 'Twas he and that jealous child that caused you to be in this situation in the first place," the other continued coldly, stalking back and forth before abruptly stopping. The others in the room watched fascinated.

"I've warned you before, stay the fuck away from my brother," Carrot snarled, cold menace in his the words, startling everyone in the room. He paced back and forth arguing, it seemed, with himself.

Tira and Chocolate looked at him worried thinking he had gone insane, Gateau looked triumphant, Marron looked on with no expression, while Mille closed his eyes knowing what was happening.

Catching sight of their expression, Carrot abruptly stopped pacing. "Show yourselves," Carrot ordered flatly.

The room was silent, except for the shuddering breaths the other five were taking.

Slowly, coalescing out of the air, twelve beastly shapes took form, the ones that coexisted within Carrot.

The others sat mute with fear. Carrot in Demonshape they could handle, but this! They never knew about all the rest.

"During your captivity, the sorcerers did something to you that we have so far been unable to fix. They broke something within you that needs to be repaired and soon. Your mind is slowly weakening and you will eventually become a danger," growled a large wolfen creature.

"You are broken and you need to be fix. The cub is the only one capable of fixing you making you whole, the only one strong enough.....," growled a catlike creature, flatly.

"I can take care of myself, I don't need anyone's help," Carrot growled back.

"You need the cub's help. We have examined them all while they were unconscious and we've reached the conclusion that the females will smothered you, you will kill outright the child when you find out what he has done and the man you will only hid the truth from. The cub is the only one capable of fixing you, helping you...you cannot hide from him. If you do not allow this, then all will die," hissed the snake.

Marron and the other all exchanged puzzled glances, what the hell was going on? Quickly figuring out that Marron was the cub, but which one of them was the 'child' and which was the 'man'. And what did the child do that would cause Carrot to kill him?

"If you are not healed, if you are not made whole and strong again, you will forsake your destiny. Your destiny is to keep us contained. That is the sole purpose of your existence, to contain us, contain HIM. But your barriers are faltering and soon we will be free. Freed, we will have no choice but to destroy, destroy everything you hold dear. Is that what you want, boy," snarled a huge wolf with red eyes. "Your will is strong, boy, and that was the only thing keeping us in check. But you have weaken because you refuse to deal with the r....," he was interrupted by Carrot.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Carrot screamed, trembling, desperate for the other not to hear. So far he had been able to keep the fact that he had been ra...ra... he couldn't even say the word in his own mind, he realized.

Gateau snorted, "I always knew you were a weakling," he sneered, "What's the matter, little boy, you can't take a little pain." He had figured out that he was the 'child' the creatures referred too. He was enraged at the creatures calling him a child and secretly terrified. Is this what Carrot had in him all this time, he wondered in horror.

Chocolate and the others protested loudly at that. Yelling that Carrot wasn't weak and that he could take pain, a lot of pain.

Marron looked on in shock, seeing a dark side of his lover. A side that greatly disturbed him and disgusted him. Did I ever really know him, he wondered to himself in dismay and remembering what the creature had said, was Gateau the 'child' and if so, what did Gateau do that would make Carrot want to kill him?

Gateau abruptly paled as a large catlike, shadowy creature stalked over to him.

"You hate the boy, don't you?" It purred. "But you also fear him, fear his influence on his brother. You don't want to share the cub with no one else. You want the cub to belong solely to you, only to you. That's why you hate the boy, are jealous of the boy, you fear the boy because you have to
share the cub's attention," it continued, prowling around his body.

Gateau trembled slightly, "I don't hate C..C....Carrot and I certainly don't fear him and why should I be jealous of him. Look at him," he sneered, regaining his confidence. "He's weak, cowardly and ugly, allowing a little pain to get to him," he said angrily, defiantly looking around him at the other's stunned faces. Fear shot through him at the thought that they would find out what he had done. But he smirked at the enraged snarl on the cat's face, knowing it's shadowy form couldn't touch him.

The others sat looking at him with varying expressions of shock, disgust and disbelief, they heard the anger and hatred in Gateau's voice.

For Chocolate, things became crystal-clear. " You fucking bastard! You never even looked for him!" she breathed, trembling with rage. Her eyes widened abruptly, remembering, "And you hid the note from Mille!"

Tira's eyes widen in disbelief, whipping her head to stare in shock at Gateau. Gateau refused to look at either of them.

Marron closed his eyes, tears seeping slowly down his face as he realized just how much Gateau hated his niisan.

"Foolish child!" It purred menacing, swishing it tail as it stood facing of him, "The boy is greater than you will ever dream to be and he is far stronger than you will know. Do you know what the boy goes through each time he is affected by magic? Each time he transforms into one of us and
then back into his human form? Do you think it is easy to do these things, perhaps we should try making you change," it hissed at him, enjoying the stink of fear pouring from Gateau.

"Leave him alone," Carrot shouted, striding over to stand before Gateau.

"No! He needs to know, they need to know the truth," it growled angrily, attempting to get around Carrot, slashing at Gateau who screamed at the searing pain in his thigh. Looking down at the five slashes in his pants leg, watching the blood well out of the deep gouges in his leg, he whimpered softly at the pain, looking up with disbelieving eyes.

"They can't handle the truth," Carrot growled. He and Tiger stood frozen, glaring and growling at each other.

Marron and the others looked worriedly from the snarling cat to Carrot, wondering what truth was it that he was protecting them from.

*

Carrot stood tall and firm, still protecting his teammate despite what he knew, while Tiger face was split in a snarling demon mask. His snarls growing progressive louder until he let out a roar, filled with rage and bloodlust. Carrot stood firm, his eyes hard, asserting his dominance over the raging shadowy beast, until it glanced aside.

"I said that I'll do it my way or ...." this time he was interrupted by the Demonbeast.

"And if you do it your way, you will die, we will be released and everything you treasure will be lost in the coming apocalypse. Is that what you want," it asked coldly, flatly.

As Carrot and the other shadowy beasts creatures argued, a slow mist crept over to Marron. Piling up behind him, it began to sibilantly whisper in his ear.

"Little cub, do you wish to help your brother. Just nod your head, good," it hissed as Marron nodded his head. "This is what you must do....pretend you are hurt/injured. You must capture his eyes and speak this word. This will stun him long enough for us to free you for he will not let us close to you otherwise. He will quickly break free of the spell but you must hold on to him and don't let go, no matter what he says or do...or all will be lost. He will fight you with words in an effort to make you let him go, you MUST not let go. If you love your brother you must not let him go or you will never get another chance."

It gave Marron the word to use, urging him to practice it silently several times before he used it, silently making it's way back to the others.


END