Title: Crime and Punishment

Author: Angela

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Clark/Lex slash

Spoilers: "Nicodemus"

Summary: This is an AU fic, and Lex's personality is just a tad (okay, a lot) darker than on the show. What if the Nicodemus incident had been a test administered by Lex to prove Clark's loyalty? What if Clark failed the test? Pete and Jonathon Kent were never infected.

Lyrics are from "Inflatable" by Bush (the song played at the end of "Leech"). I don't know what the story is behind this song (I don't even like the band), but I'm sure I've completely distorted the meaning. *eg*

Disclaimer: I don't own "Smallville" or any of the characters. I'm not making any money off of this. I highly doubt I could even if I tried. I don't own the lyrics, either. They belong to Bush.

Warning: This fic deals with BDSM, (If you don't know what that stands for, you shouldn't read this. Don't blame me if you continue to read and scar your virgin eyes for the rest of your sheltered life), abuse, and nonconsensual sex. This fic was not intended to offend anyone. If it does, I'm sorry.

Note: Thanks to Mandy for being the most wonderful beta reader.

 

Crime and Punishment

by Angela

 

*Let it slide overhead

When I believe in you my soul can rest*

 

"I gave you space, Clark. More space than I ever gave anyone else," Lex droned as he petted Clark's head slowly, feeling the silky texture of the dark hair against his hand. He was kneeled right beside Clark's ear,

his lips almost touching the skin.

Clark twisted his wrists in the restraints. He winced as the wire dug into his skin, and the bedframe squeaked slightly in response to his feeble struggles. His legs were free, but they felt so heavy, like they were made of lead. Every nerve ending, every fiber in his being felt like it was on fire. He felt like an open wound onto which salt was being poured unendingly.

He was completely naked, but he was unbearably hot.

The meteor fragment burned his skin with searing authority, and the pain got worse the longer it was left laying on his chest. It was Lana's necklace, and he didn't want to think about how Lex might have gotten

it. He drew in a shallow breath, though it was more like a gasp, and his heart continued to pound in his chest painfully.

God, somebody help me.

He couldn't beg, couldn't even cry out because of the gag. The rough black fabric was tied very tightly, and any sound that escaped his lips was effectively smothered. Although this wasn't primarily because of the

cloth; Clark barely felt as if he could swallow, let alone muster enough oxygen to speak words.

He felt so young and so vulnerable. He was torn between being terrified and wanting the punishment he felt he deserved. Clark knew he hurt Lex deeply, and he wanted to die for doing so.

But did it have to be this way?

He felt Lex nuzzle his ear gently, then he gasped in surprise as the other man bit down on the lobe savagely. Lex increased the pressure until Clark began struggling to jerk his head away from the pain. He released the ear and smiled at the impression of his teeth. It was one of the many marks he intended to leave on Clark's form. Of course, the physical ones would be temporary, but he planned on marking Clark's psyche and, more importantly, his soul permanently.

If he could, he would carve his name in his young lover's chest with a well-sharpened switchblade. No raggedly torn flesh, just perfect letters that would tell the world who Clark Kent belonged to. If they all

knew, no one would dare even cast a stray glance at the young man.

Lex didn't like the idea that there was even one other person that looked at Clark the same way he did. Whether it was a curious look by a hormonal teenage girl or a dirty leer by a grown man, he hated them all.

But if they knew, they wouldn't have the fucking nerve to look.

 

*Love that's really love can never fail

But fail it does*

 

But it was Clark who gave the second look this time. More than a second look. Fucking little bastard.

"I ignored the occasional stray glance. I was lenient because you're so young, and I know it's difficult to control yourself when you're a teenager, Clark." He sounded hollow. His tone was eerily void of any

emotion, even to his own ears. No, that wasn't it. There wasn't a lack of emotion but an overwhelming amount of conflicting emotions. The vehement rage and the paralyzing pain of betrayal equaled in intensity and canceled each other out, leaving Lex feeling disturbingly numb. Physically as well as emotionally, he realized.

Never before had disloyalty caused such an intense reaction from him. It scared him. Almost.

If he just didn't love Clark so goddamn much...

Life would be so much easier without love, without having to care about another human being the way he cared about Clark. Love set the soul free and made men feel alive when they believed they were dead, but that same love ruined empires and destroyed the men who built them.

It would be so much easier. So less complicated.

He stood up and dragged his finger tips back and forth across Clark's chest, which was glistening with sweat in the dim light of the bedroom. Not Lex's bedroom, just one of the many guests rooms the Luthor

ancestral home was equipped with. Lex found that when he was touching the boy, the numbness disappeared. It washed away and the sensation of touch suddenly became everything to him. He wanted to touch, to feel. He wanted to hurt, to bruise.

He twisted an erect nipple viscously, eliciting a muffled moan from his prisoner that flowed through his body like an electric current. So weak and looking so submissive...

"But what you did with that little whore makes me physically ill, Clark." Not so much what they did, because physically they hadn't done very much, but that Clark had wanted *her.* Even if the desire lasted only for a mere moment, it was still an agonizing reality. "It can be forgiven, but you know better than anyone else in this hellhole that my forgiveness never comes without a price."

 

*When we shine like the sun

You seem the only one, my only friend*

 

Clark whimpered. His arms were aching, especially at the shoulder. The muscles were screaming for alleviation that would not come. He wanted to close his eyes but was afraid to. He was thankful Lex hadn't

blindfolded him. The inability to see what was coming next would have been unbearable. He began wondering why Lex hadn't done so, but one look into the man's eyes gave him the answer. Maybe Lex's tone was neutral, frighteningly neutral, but the pale blue eyes were glistening with emotional pain that made Clark's heart ache.

"You're all I have, Clark. Why'd you have to do this?" Lex slipped onto the bed, on his knees beside Clark's outstretched form.

The boy had to resist the urge to try to move away from the older man; he knew that it would only cause him to become angrier.

Lex reached out and brushed away a piece of hair that had fallen in Clark's eyes. The raven hair was damp with perspiration and curling slightly. He looked like sex, raw and hot sex. Farmboy Clark, always so kind

and beautiful, walked around Smallville just begging to be fucked and didn't even know it. Pretty boys like Clark never survived inside the club circuit of Metropolis. They were always the ones getting raped in

the bathroom or in the back alleys, the ones you couldn't save even if you wanted to because anyone who interfered was likely to get the same treatment. But the people who went to the sort of clubs Lex used to visit *didn't* care. Beautiful people were made to be fucked, whether they liked it or not. That was the club mentality where Lex went.

But that was Metropolis. Things were so much safer in Smallville, and besides, Clark was a smart boy. He learned quickly. With Lex as teacher, Clark would learn very quickly.

 

*You're so pretty in white

Pretty when you're faithful*

 

Clark couldn't think. Jesus fucking Christ he couldn't *breath*...

Do it. Just do it. Please, can we get it over with?

 

*I resigned from myself

Took a break as someone else*

 

Lex straddled Clark, and stared down into the eyes of the boy who had been his savior so many times before.

A savior.

Oh, but saviors were meant to be crucified. They were thrust into the world to bear the pain for all humanity.

He was ready to reclaim his possession.

 

*It's like we've come undone

But I've just become inflatable for you*

 

"Perhaps you've just failed to see how much this relationship benefits you, Clark. I could literally have anyone I could possibly want, but I chose you. I told you I'd give you everything, all you had to do was be

mine." He licked the side of Clark's neck and then bit the moist flesh. Clark uttered a small gasp, then a stifled yelp as Lex bit down harder. He was fucking *grinding* his teeth into the skin. Lex knew that even

with the meteor rocks he couldn't draw blood, but he also knew that it still hurt. He released the tortured skin and licked Clark's throat, from the base to his chin.

Lex growled softly. The feeling of skin on skin was an ecstasy that couldn't be reached any other way, better than the high provided by any drug man could ever develop or the buzz from any alcoholic beverage.

Especially because it was Clark's skin, smooth and free of scars and marks that would mar the skin of anyone else. A normal person. An actual human being.

"I love you, and I gave you space. You couldn't fucking..."

Clark mumbled something behind the obstructing material. Lex caressed Clark's cheek, rubbing his thumb on the cheekbone, then slapped it as hard as could. His hand left an angry-looking print on the side of the

face. He kissed it softly, and that's when the first tear fell.

 

*You're so pretty in white*

 

Lex took the gag out of the trembling boy's mouth, tossed it on the ground, and wiped the cascading tear away as he leaned in for a fierce kiss. He pressed his lips to Clark's as hard as he could, then forced his

tongue inside the heat of the sweet mouth. Teeth clicked together and Lex tasted blood.

"I'm sorry, Lex," Clark whispered miserably. "Please...I'm so sorry."

Lex smiled cruelly. "I know, Clark. That's why you're going to take this like the bitch that you've made yourself into. You are mine, and you're going to remember that from this night on. I can guarantee you of

that."

Lex brought his hand up to his lower lip, where blood was welling up out of a shallow cut. He looked at the mixture of blood and saliva on his fingers, then smeared it on Clark's slightly swollen lips.

"Red is definitely your color, Clark. Blood can be beautiful sometimes, on certain people, and it looks nice on you. I'm sure you can appreciate the irony of that."

Ironic because Clark *couldn't* bleed. Dear God, if only he could...

Clark continued to stare up at Lex in complete shock at what he was hearing. What the *fuck*...

"Aren't you curious as to what it tastes like? Have you ever wondered? That's my life on your lips, Clark."

Jesus...

"Taste it."

...Christ.

"Lex..." He could barely hear himself.

"Go on. Do what I tell you."

Clark wondered what Lex would do if he refused.

"If you don't, I'll fill a shot glass full of my blood and force it down your throat. Either way, it doesn't make any difference to me."

Clark licked his lips. It was bitter and coppery, sort of like sucking on an old coin. It wasn't that much, just the tiniest bit, but the fact that he was actually tasting a man's blood made him sick.

God, why are you doing this to me?

Clark fought back the urge to throw up.

"Good boy. See? You're such a good boy when you listen." He stroked the top of Clark's head like an owner rewarding an obedient Labrador. And fuck, he was so hard.

"You're dirty, Clark, and I've got to make you clean, again."

 

*Pretty when you're faithful*

 

With a small moan, Clark closed his eyes in a mixture of defeat and exhaustion. There was no way out. He was trapped, like a mouse by a cat, and he was going to have to take whatever Lex was going to do.

"I still want to give you everything, anything. As soon as you learn and accept, I can do that. That's what this is for, Clark, to help you."

Clark was panting. He felt helplessness, guilt, and fearful anticipation. He shouldn't have looked, shouldn't have kissed her, shouldn't have...He had wanted to. For so long he had adored her and craved her. When

he had finally gotten the chance, he hadn't wanted Lana out of love, only out of some insane desire to prove that he *could* have her. It was so trivial and it certainly wasn't worth this.

He had stopped himself, though. They hadn't slept with each other, but it didn't make a difference to Lex. A moment of frenzied kisses and fondling was more than enough to piss off Lex Luthor.

She didn't remember. She would never know.

He should have known it was more than a young woman wanting consolation. Whitney had been preoccupied lately and had been all but outright ignoring Lana, but he should have fucking *known* she would never cheat on her boyfriend...unless there was something else involved. Unless something unnatural was unleashing the desires that were cloaked beneath her smalltown-girl veneer.

When Lex showed him the videotape of the encounter, he had apologized and pleaded. His attempts to earn redemption were in vain, and he had been truly afraid of what Lex was going to do. Of course, Clark had been afraid of what Lex might do to himself, not of what Lex might do to him.

Clark suddenly wished that he would pass out. Lose consciousness and all sensation. No thoughts, no feeling, just the infinite darkness of a void. That would be so nice...

Lex shifted down in-between the boy's legs, the sides of his mouth curving into a smile that chilled Clark to the bone.

Was this really punishment, or was it some kind of sadistic revenge fantasy that Lex was carrying out?

"It's time for you to learn, Clark, so pay attention."

 

*When you're faithful*

 

Lex let his hand run one muscular thigh with a feather-light touch, keeping his eyes on Clark's face. It wasn't about the sex or the pain, it was about regaining control.

But the sex and the pain...

He wrapped his fingers around the boy's length and pressed his thumb against the head. Suddenly, breathing once again became an almost impossible task for Clark. His consciousness was screaming out against the unwanted touch yet his body was responding in kind to what was being done.

"Are you hard for me, Clark?" Lex's voice was thick with raw lust. "Do you need me to make you cum?"

"God...Lex, please..."

Lex tightened his grip on the throbbing cock, and Clark gasped at the sensations flooding through his body.

"You need to me to make you cum, say it." He lowered his head and blew across the top of Clark's cock, who bucked his hips up weakly in an involuntary response. Involuntary. He didn't like being treated this way. Of course he didn't.

Yes.

Oh God.

Lex licked the bead of liquid warmth from the tip, flicking his tongue out like a cat preparing to lap milk from a dish.

The wet, rough texture of Lex's tongue...Jesus, but it felt *good.*

"Well, Clark?"

Clark's hands were balled into fists, his fingernails digging into the tender flesh of his palms. It hurt, but the pain was superficial. Nothing compared to...

Breathing? Nothing but agonizing wheezes that were only increasing the already excruciating headache. He forced each breath in and out. In and out. In. Out. In...He was dangerously close to hysteria.

"I n-need you..." His voice is so shaky.

Love hurts, that was how the cliche went, wasn't it? Love. Fucking. Hurts.

"...to make me cum." He should've felt degraded or ashamed, but he didn't care about what Lex wanted to hear him say. He would say anything. Clark just wanted the pain to stop, for Lex to act like the person he

knew, and for everything to return to normal.

He wanted Lex to kiss him softly and for his touch to be as gentle as it had been before. So soft and so gentle...

Another rough stroke along his cock and Clark almost came. But Lex knew when to stop applying pressure. He released the distended member and grabbed the container of lube that he had placed on the edge of the bed. He coated his cock with the cool substance and then inserted two fingers inside the boy's opening, simply for his own convenience.

Clark would be prepared, but Lex would still hurt him. He would make sure of that. And the absence of any sort of lubricant or preparation implied rape. And raping Clark wasn't at all what Lex had in mind.

Clark moaned as he felt Lex violating him. He wanted to pull away from it, to get away from the probing fingers, but he felt his own straining cock and couldn't understand why his body was responding to this

unwanted touch.

He felt Lex withdraw his two fingers and closed his eyes tightly, waiting for that first painful jab.

Lex was desperate for the pressure that would give him that sweet release. Oh how he'd thought about this, wanted this ever since *his* Clark had let that little whining bitch kiss him. Wanted it so much...

 

*When you're...*

 

A strangled scream filled the room as Lex thrust into Clark's young body, nudging his pulsating cock into the moist warmth of the boy's opening.

"Jesus Christ..." Lex groaned loudly and pulled back, then forward again, harder than before. He nipped at Clark's lower lip, grinning at the moan he received. The heat that was grasping and surrounding him made

him feel dizzy, like being on an erotic carousel that was going five times faster than it should be. It was pure bliss.

Lex fell into a rhythm quickly, his hands pulling on Clark's hips, each thrust more brutal than the last, and the headboard hammered against the wall in tune with his ruthless movements.

Clark groaned in pain laced with pleasure. His mind and body were screaming in agony, and blinding stars exploded behind his eyes each time Lex slammed into him. He wanted to cry. He wanted to laugh at the sheer absurdity of the situation. He wanted to claw and kick and make Lex stop. But, God, how a part of him wanted nothing more than to pull Lex further inside, to dig his fingers into the straining back and make him go faster and harder.

He suddenly realized that he was arching into each stroke, that he had one leg wrapped around Lex's waist. Was...that his voice? Screaming?

Please...faster...*please,* Lex...Begging like a masochistic slave.

Harder...

 

*Faithful...*

 

Lex reached down between them and grasped Clark's cock, jacking him to the same rhythm as his strokes. It should've hurt, and it did, but Clark barely noticed it because it was almost over. Lex was almost there, in the Epicurean embrace of ecstasy, and it would be over.

But there was pleasure within the pain. Clark took in a shuddering breath. He needed what Lex gave him. He *needed* that hand around his cock, and he *needed* Lex inside of him. Like it was part of what kept him alive. Something he didn't (couldn't) understand.

"Open your...fuck...eyes, Clark." Another hard, furious drive into the weakening form. He wanted to see what was going through Clark's mind, the best part.

Clark obeyed, forcing his eyes open. The oxygen he dragged in with every shallow breath felt like it was lined with some kind of acid. It burned his lungs and he suddenly wondered if he would soon feel the warmth of blood in the back of his throat.

Could Lex make him bleed? Would he?

"Jesus...Lex..." the young man moaned. He would have cried if he had the energy. Clark came, just a few seconds before Lex cried out in orgasmic pleasure, coating Lex's hand with his seed. The older man collapsed onto the body beneath him panting harshly.

He felt amazing.

 

*I don't mind most of the time

But you push me so far inside*

 

Once he was physically capable of doing so, Lex rolled off of Clark and cleaned both of them off.

The necklace. Jesus, he'd forgotten about it. The fragment was glowing arrogantly against Clark's pale skin, and Lex undid the clasp. He heard the boy sigh with relief as he placed the necklace inside a lead container and closed the lid.

The burning, the pain was gone, but Clark still felt tired. Like his strength would never return. Maybe Lex took that from him, along with his freedom.

Would he mind giving it up?

Lex crawled back into the tangle of sheets, moved Clark onto his side, and laid down behind him. He breathed in deeply, and the air was heavy with the scent of sex.

"Don't ever test my limits, Clark, because I have none. I'll do whatever I have to in order to keep what's mine." Lex curled around Clark's warm, solid body and reached over him, taking one of the boy's hands in

his own. He ran his thumb over the back of it tenderly. "I love you so much, more than you'll ever understand, but this is what had to be done." The words sounded so genuine. He felt Clark's fingers tighten around his own, like those of a child squeezing the fingers of a parent. "You understand that, right?"

"Yes, Lex. I understand," he replied softly, almost timidly. "I love you, too."

"You're my sweet angel," Lex cooed as he laid a careful kiss on a dark bruise that was beginning to form on Clark's neck.

And angels can't fly with broken wings, Clark.

 

*You're so pretty in white

Pretty when you're faithful*

 

"You're so pretty when you're mine, Clark. You're going to stay that way from now on. You're going to do that for me, isn't that right?"

"Yes, Lex," he murmured. It hurt to talk, to even say those two words. The vibration from his own voice felt like it would split his skull in two. "I'm yours, only yours." Strangely, it didn't bother Clark to say those words. He knew Lex would keep him safe. The fear was gone, and he believed in Lex's love.

Clark would be faithful.

Just wants Lex to be happy.

"Always and forever." Lex nestled his face in the space between Clark's neck and shoulder, smiling complacently. "You're my angel, always and forever."

 

~The End~