Time By The Tree

Author: Caliadragon

Date: December 20

Fandom: Smallville

Pairing: Clark/Lex

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Lex looks at his lover and unwraps a precious gift.

Disclaimer: Not Mine, Unfortunately

Feedback address: Caliadragon@myself.com

Advertisement: Part of the SAC-2003 at: http://www.kardasi.com/Advent/2003

Note: This is my first ever Clex fic, so please be gentle. Spoilers for the first season and Red.

Beta: Thanks to the lovely and talented Edi.



Time By The Tree
By Caliadragon


Clark lay on his back, head turned to the side, watching the lights blink on the tree. His arms were crossed beneath his head and the robe he wore was open to the waist where it was held together barely by the ties that crossed together. Standing in the doorway to the bedroom, Lex marveled at the sight of his younger lover. It was hard to believe that a strange twist of fate had brought two such opposites together.

He had often stated how much he had hated his father, but he would always be thankful for the man's callousness in sending him to Smallville. The day Clark saved him from drowing changed his life completely. Lex had always believed he had a destiny to control the world. It was something he still believed, but he was going to go about it in a gentler manner than he had originally intended. The first six months that they had known one another had been fraught with lies and evasions on both their parts.

That had all changed with the insanity inducing red rock. Clark had taken him to Metropolis and had gone out of his way to seduce and control him. By the time the ring had come off of the teen's hand, Lex knew every secret that the boy possessed. At first Lex had been upset and had felt betrayed by the lies, but in the end they had worked past their issues.

The only real hurdle in their relationship was their fathers. Neither had approved of the boys' relationship and it got worse after Clark turned 18 and they became lovers. Clark was the first to be willing to give up everything so that the two of them could be together, but then he had always been the more giving of the pair.

Lionel, seizing the opportunity to make Jonathon Kent look like the villain, had immediately changed his tune and supported the growing love between Clark and Lex. Jonathon had not been far behind.

Now, four years later, they were living together and married. It was their first christmas together as mates and so far it had been memorable. Clark turned to look at him and Lex's mouth watered as the younger man lifted his head and drew his arms down. Slowly, with a teasing smile, he reached for the ties of his robe. "Don't, I want to unwrap my Christmas present," Lex told him with a sultry purr.

Clark laugh and beckoned him over. The night was lost to the sound of the lovers as they made love under the lights of the tree.


The End