Title: The Things You Learn In Barns

Author: Creed Cascade and TJ

Author Email: creed_cascade@hotmail.com

Author Webpage: http://insaneasylum.slashfiction.com

Category: Humor, Romance

Fandom: Smallville

Rating: R

Pairing: Clark/Lex

Summary: The barn is the setting for some interesting revelations.


The Things You Learn In Barns
by Creed Cascade and TJ

Clark glanced around nervously as the next card was drawn. He didn't know whether he wanted to kill Chloe or kiss her for starting this. So far, killing her was winning out. This had to be the most embarrassing game they had ever played. The game was called Secrets and it consisted of admitting to your deepest darkest secrets. Well, at least the ones related to sex. Leave it to Chloe to bring over a sex game when his parents went out.

"Name the weirdest place you've had sex!" Whitney crowed and then added sarcastically and looked at Clark, "And for the cherries in the group, the weirdest place you *wish* you could have sex."

Clark rolled his eyes, blushing slightly. They'd already established that he was still a virgin. At least Lana was, too, so he wasn't in this all alone. Lana hadn't looked all that pleased to find out that Whitney wasn't but she'd been down right shocked to find out that both Chloe and Pete had lost their virginity already. With a sigh, Clark softly gave his answer, "Riley field."

"Ohhh..." Chloe said and made a few kissey noises. "Kinky, Clark. Real kinky. Mine's easy. The Torch's Press Room."

"Geez, Chloe," Pete groaned. "Now I'm never gonna be able to work in there without thinking about that. As for me, I think... the football field. Right on the fifty yard line."

"You would say that, jockstrap," Chloe groaned and rolled her eyes. "I would've expected that from Whitney."

Lana glanced at her boyfriend, her face turning red as she got ready to give her answer. "Mine's kind of easy, too. The Talon. On, um, on the counter, actually."

Whitney's jaw dropped and he quickly nodded. "Mine, too. Yeah... the counter on the Talon sounds good."

"Do I want to know what you're talking about or is it safer if I just remain blissfully ignorant?" Lex asked, suddenly making his presence known. The guilty looks on the faces of the teenagers gathered around the table in the loft made him smile. Oh, they were definitely up to something.

"Ahhh... Hi, Lex," Clark stuttered, his face burning red. At least, Lex hadn't walked in when he'd been answering.

"Hello, everyone," Lex smiled. "Care to fill me in?"

"We were talking about... ahhh..." Clark hesitated trying to come up with some sort of feasible lie.

"Don't be such wuss, Kent," Whitney cut him off. "We were talking about sex. Specially, where we'd like to do it."

Lex threw back his head and laughed. "I take it this was Miss Sullivan's idea?" he said, grinning at Chloe. No one but Chloe would have had the balls to try something like this, let alone the tenacity to pull it off.

"I was bored," Chloe defended herself. When Lex raised an eyebrow at her, she continued, "Hey, it's a legitimate expression of my post-modern beliefs in lifting sexual taboos. And the only way we can lift taboos is to discuss them..."

"Did you really feed them that line of bull or are you just using it on me?" Lex asked. The smile still plastered to his face, took the sting out of the words causing Chloe to actually smile back at him.

"How else would I find out the oh so dark and kinky secrets of Smallville's youthful elite?" Chloe shot back, cocking her head at Clark and then Lana.

"So, what've you found out?" Lex shot back. He was rather eager himself to know any and all kinky secrets of one very hot farm boy.

"That Whitney wants Lana... surprise, surprise. That Pete wants to get some grass stains and that Clark has an unhealthy attachment for corn," Chloe answered quickly.

Lex nearly choked at the mention of Clark and corn. He shook his head, pushing the thought away. There was no way in hell Chloe meant that the way he had taken it. Not unless there was a hell of a lot more about Clark than he guessed.

Clark threw Chloe a dirty look. "She has thing for sex in public," he shot back.

"Not in public," Chloe defended. "The Torch office is not public. Riley field, however..."

"Shut-up, Chloe," Clark hissed and elbowed her in the gut lightly. Lex did not need to hear about his perverse sexual fantasies.

"Ri-riley field?" Lex asked, stunned. "Clark, I am impressed."

"I had to say something," Clark muttered, his eyes glued to the floor.

"Uh huh," Lex said. "Well, I'll leave you to your game then. I just stopped by to say hello."

"What doesn't a Luthor have the balls to play a little kids game?" Pete asked in a blatant challenge.

"Pardon me, Mr. Ross," Lex said, stopping in mid step.

"You heard me," Pete puffed up his chest. "Is the mighty Lex Luthor not willing to sink down to our level?"

"Are you really sure you want to do this?" Lex asked. "Most of my past is general knowledge."

"See..." Pete huffed, turning to Clark. "He's not willing to just hang out like your *real* friends."

"Oh, I assure you, Mr. Ross, I am quite willing to hang out with Clark as you put it." Lex moved back toward them and sat down across from Clark. If he was going to make a fool of himself he refused to do it staring at Lana Lang.

"You don't have to do this..." Clark said, staring Lex straight in the eye. He knew how much Lex heeded his privacy.

"I don't mind," Lex smiled at his friend. "Like I said, most of my deep dark secrets are already public knowledge. Besides, maybe I'll get some good blackmail material on you."

"Kent?" Whitney barked in laughter. "Oh, like he has anything interesting about him..."

"Well, quarterback, what's so interesting about you then?" Lex challenged.

"It's okay, Lex," Clark said with a little smile plastered on his face. Lex was like an over-protective guard dog sometimes. It was nice.

Lex smiled back and settled into his chair. "So, what was the question again?"

"The most unusual place you've... had sex," Lana said before one of the boys or Chloe could provide anything more crass.

"Um, let me think for a second," Lex said. His eyes gleamed wickedly as he glanced about at the teenagers waiting expectantly for his reply. "The trunk of my father's limo."

"Wow..." Whitney breathed, "Impressive. Kinky, but impressive."

"My father thought so when he found us," Lex smirked.

"Who was the lucky girl?" Pete cut in, not wanting anyone to be fooled by this... Luthor. "Some hooker or a unknowing girl who didn't know any better?"

"Really, Mr. Ross, who said my partner was a girl?" came Lex's cool reply.

"What, you're a fag?" Whitney sputtered.

"Actually I prefer the term bisexual. You do know what a bisexual is, don't you, quarterback?"

"Somebody who likes to take it up the ass," Whitney shot back. "Suppose it makes sense. You dress and walk like a fag."

"Whitney," Lana gasped out, horrified at her boyfriend's behaviour.

It was Clark's murderous glare that silenced him, though. "If you've got a problem with Lex you know where the door is," he said.

"I don't have a problem with fags..." Whitney said, "Just as long as they leave * me* alone."

Lex threw back his head and laughed. "Trust me, quarterback, I have no designs on you what so ever."

"You probably like pretty boys like Kent," Whitney said.

"Actually I prefer men," Lex replied, then paused before adding, "like Kent."

"Can we ask another question?" Clark blurted out. He did not this line of questioning at all. He may have prayed to hear Lex say that, but not in a room filled with his friends. He was blushing furiously and hoping he could deflect any further discussion of his and Lex's relationship. Whatever that relationship was... even he had trouble figuring it out sometimes.

"Sure," Chloe said quickly. She wanted to know what was going on like now, but she could see how uncomfortable Clark was. Whatever it was, it wasn't worth hurting her friend over. "Um, it's Lana's turn to draw."

Lana drew a card quickly and read it quickly, trying to keep her voice neutral. "Do you prefer to give or receive oral sex?"

"Um, receive?" Clark said, unable to keep it from sounding like a question. He wasn't really sure which he preferred. He had some really hot dreams that involved him going down on a certain bald friend of his but he didn't think he wanted to open that particular can of worms in front of Whitney right now.

"You big cherry," Whitney barked in laughter. "You'll probably end up marrying the first girl who takes pity on you and gives you a little head."

Lex opened his mouth to say something then snapped it shut. It would do Clark more harm than good if he kept jumping to his defence. The quarterback was going to get his, though. Lex would see to that later.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to spend the rest of your life with the person you give your virginity to," Clark said, setting his trap. If Whitney denied this, he'd be up shit creek without a paddle as far as Lana was concerned.

"Um, right," Whitney said. The look Lana was giving him was enough to shut him up fast. He glared at Clark for setting him up like that, the look promising a certain amount of payback when Lana wasn't looking.

There was odd silence and Chloe was the first to break it when she squeaked, "Receive."

Pete echoed her just as quickly, "Yeah, receive."

Lex looked around the table, wondering if he should just go with the flow or tell the truth. "Give," he said, deciding on the truth. The quarterback could make of that what he would.

Clark gulped and shifted nervously. That was definitely not the answer he'd expected. It sent all kind of kinky images to his brain. He did however almost lose it when Lana glared at Whitney and said, "Receive. Maybe never give... ever."

"Oh come on, Lana," Whitney said. "It's just a game. Lex knows I was just razzing him."

"Next card," Lana quipped quickly. "At least Lex is a gentleman."

Whitney deflated a bit at Lana's jab. He watched as she pushed the cards over to Clark. He wondered what Kent would draw to embarrass himself with this time.

Clark drew a card with a shaky hand and groaned when scanned the card. He didn't want to read it out loud, but he also didn't want to look like baby in front of his friends. "W-who would you... fuck in this room?"

"Uh, maybe we should skip this one," Chloe said, suddenly very uneasy. The game was supposed to be fun. Embarrassing sure, but fun in the end. Somehow she didn't think everyone was enjoying it quite as much as she'd hoped.

"I can answer that one," Whitney crowed. "Lana."

Lana blushed but smiled up at her boyfriend. She glanced about nervously before replying, "Whitney."

Chloe wasn't about to let little Miss Fairy Princess outdo her. "Pete and Clark," she blurted out.

"Cool," Pete said, smiling widely before giving his answer. "Chloe, definitely. And, uh, Lana. Sorry, Whitney man, but she's a fox, too."

"You're just a horndog," Chloe teased and cuffed Pete upside the head.

"Hey, Clark, your turn," Pete called out. "Time to face the music."

Of course everyone expected him to say Lana. It was supposed to be a give in. But the problem was he didn't want to say that. He wanted Lex. "I... ahhh...no one. I've decided to take a sudden vow of chastity."

"God, Kent, you're such a fucking pussy," Whitney sneered, earning him a harsh glare from both Lana and Lex.

"Do you really want me to answer? I know you won't like the answer," Clark snapped.

"Don't worry about it, Clark," Lex said, butting in again. "You gave your answer. If the jock is too stupid to understand the sentiment that's his own fault."

"I know you want to dick my girlfriend," Whitney growled. "Unless that was just a cover and you're really a fag. I mean you hang around Luther. If it walks like a fag, talks like a fag and hangs around other fags..."

"Clark, I'll catch you later," Lex said, standing up abruptly. "It's obvious the quarterback doesn't know how to play well with others and my presence isn't helping."

"I'm going with Lex," Clark said in a cold tone. Right now if he didn't get away from Whitney he would hurt him.

"That's okay, Clark," Lana said, laying a hand on her friend's arm. "I think it's time Whitney and I left. We have some things to *talk* about."

"Lex and I have some things to talk about to," Clark said, flinching away from Lana's touch. "Everyone just go home."

Lex stood back and watched as Clark's friends quickly cleared out. Chloe stopped long enough to apologize to Clark, feeling somehow that it was her fault since she'd brought the game in the first place. Clark, being Clark, assured her that it had nothing to do with her and promised to call her later. That seemed to mollify the blond and she left, dragging Pete behind her.

"I'm sorry," were the first words out of Clark's mouth to Lex. "We can't do anything normally in Smallville."

"Don't worry about it," Lex said. "It's not your fault, Clark. I bet the quarterback's going to get an earful from Ms. Lang over his behaviour. It might be just the break you've been looking for."

"That's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about," Clark said quickly.

"Oh?" Lex replied smoothly. "You know I'll do anything I can to help you."

"I'm not interested in Lana anymore. I have... other interests now. And she no longer fits that bill."

"Really. Well then, tell me who's managed to catch your eye now," Lex said. He carefully refrained from adding so that he could hunt them down and have them killed.

Clark looked up to make sure the barn was deserted except for them and beamed at Lex. "Someone special. Someone until tonight I didn't think I had a chance in hell with."

"I see," Lex said, trying to keep the hope blooming inside him at bay. Clark *could* be talking about Chloe. Or even Pete for that matter. Until he came out and said it, Lex wasn't going to put himself out there.

"You said I was your type," Clark hedged and moved a little closer to Lex.

"Clark... are you sure about this?" Lex asked.

"Depends on what your answer is."

"If you're asking me if I want this... want you... the answer is yes," Lex said, refusing to lie. "But you need to be sure about this. I'd rather things go on as they are than jeopardize our friendship."

Clark seemed very satisfied at Lex's answer and breathed a sigh of relief. "Why would it jeopardize our friendship? My mom and dad are still best friends after all these years."

"Your mom and dad aren't the same sex for one thing," Lex said bluntly. "Being a homosexual in Smallville, Kansas can be incredibly difficult. Not to mention our age difference or the fact that your father hates me with a passion I'm sure he reserves only for Luthors and locusts."

"I don't care all about that," Clark said. "It's all irrelevant. And I thought you said you were bi."

"I am. I dare say you are, too. But the good citizens of Smallville won't make that distinction. They'll see us both as faggots. Just like the quarterback did. Are you prepared for that?"

Clark shrugged. "It's just a name. I've never been normal or popular. And people have already accused me of it."

"Give me a name and I'll make sure they regret it," Lex said quickly. He didn't like the thought of anyone giving Clark grief. That was one of the main reasons he was so hesitant to begin anything.

"Half of my school. I'm sixteen and never had a girlfriend."

"That doesn't make you queer," Lex said. "Give me a list, Clark, and I promise you they won't ever make that mistake again."

"It's just teasing," Clark said, now playing with the unravelled end of his flannel shirt. "There's been talk since we started spending so much time together."

"Ah. I'm sorry about that. It was never my intention to make your life more difficult."

"That's the thing, Lex. I don't mind any of it. I miss you when you're not there and look for you when you're not. Or worse, I'm always thinking about you."

Lex felt desire well in the pit of his stomach as the softly spoken confession. He knew Clark was his for the taking but still he held back. "I'm not Lana," he said.

"I'm not Victoria," Clark retorted and then blurted out. "Sorry... I just didn't like her very much."

"Duly noted," Lex smirked. "The point I'm trying to make is I'm not a sixteen year old high school student. I may not be that much older than you but it's been a long time since I've let a date end with making out."

"I... I don't mind giving you what you need right away," Clark stuttered, hating it that he was blushing.

"Whoa," Lex said. "I didn't exactly mean it like that either. I'm not saying this very well. I don't mean to make it seem like I'd force you into anything. I just... I need to make sure we're on the same page here, Clark. I don't want to get hurt."

"How could I possibly hurt you?" Clark said. "I promise to be careful."

"You could break my heart," Lex said softly.

"I would never do that," Clark said confidently.

"Are you going to keep lying to me?" Lex asked.

Clark's smile fell from his face. He'd been so happy. Giddy almost that his crush on Lex could actually into something deeper. For once he was just a normal teenager in love. "Everything about me is a lie," he whispered, turning away from Lex. "I forgot. Maybe you're right. Maybe we need some more time to think about this."

"And maybe you just need to trust me," Lex said. "Or maybe I just need to trust you. Is that it, Clark? Do I just need to trust you, trust that the secrets you're keeping from me aren't going to come back to haunt me?"

"Some secrets are dangerous," Clark said, turning haunted eyes on Lex. "I don't even know where I'm from. I don't know why they gave me up... but sometimes I think it was just to get rid of me. My secrets cause problems, Lex."

"That's the thing with secrets," Lex said. "They all tend to do that. I trust you, though, Clark. So if you can't really tell me, I can live with that. Just answer one question for me, okay?"

"What?" Clark asked in small, defeated voice.

"Did I really hit you on that bridge?" Lex asked.

"Yes," Clark answered without hesitation.

"Okay," Lex replied. That was enough for now. Clark trusted him enough to tell him that much. Lex was willing to wait for the rest until the younger man felt safe enough to reveal whatever he was hiding.

"No matter what, Lex, I want to keep you safe. From drowning or even from a little teenage game," Clark promised.

"The feeling's mutual. I want to keep you safe as well. So what do you say we forget all about secrets and lies and start over again? I know you have to keep some things from me. I can accept that for the time being. One day I hope you'll trust me enough to share everything with me, but I can wait."

Clark remembered what Lex had last said about waiting. Apparently Lex was willing to wait for both sex and the truth. "It's not fair for you to have to wait... for anything," Clark commented. "I'm not sure I know how to be what you need, but I want to try."

"What I need you to be is my friend. Anything else that happens simply does. I'm not going to pressure you into anything. But on the other hand I'm not going to treat you like some vestal virgin either."

"I'm no vestal virgin," Clark snorted. "Definitely not pure... at least my thoughts."

"So I gathered," Lex smiled back. "But you are a virgin... right?"

"I wish I wasn't," Clark sighed. "I'm like the only one who is. There's only two things for teenagers to do in a small town, fuck and drink. And I'm not allowed to drink."

"I don't really think your parents would approve too much of the fucking aspect either. And what about your parents, Clark? Are you really sure you want to do this with me of all people?" Lex hated asking again, hating taking the chance that Clark would back out, but he had to. He'd never be able to live with himself if he ended up taking advantage of a confused teenager. Especially when that confused teenager was Clark Kent.

"They already think something funny's going on between us," Clark mumbled.

"They do?" This was news to Lex. When he thought about it, though, he realized it probably shouldn't be. Clark's father hated him with a passion that bordered on the obsessive. Perhaps part of that was because he thought Lex was taking advantage of his son.

"Mom already asked if I had a crush on you," Clark nodded. Oh but what he felt for Lex was far more than a mere crush. His feelings for Lana had been a crush. What he felt for Lex was love, passion, fear, obsession and a myriad of other complex emotions.

"And what did you tell her?"

"That what I felt for you wasn't puppy love."

Lex swallowed audibly. "How did she take it?"

"She thought it was cute," Clark groaned. "Then she smiled at me. Like she was humouring me."

"Ah," Lex said, relieved. If Martha thought things were serious between them she might not allow them the freedom they currently enjoyed. "What about your father? Does he know?"

"No," Clark shook his head. "I mean I didn't tell him... but I think he's caught me looking at you a few times. He gets angry. Grumbles and kicks the truck. Stuff like that."

"Well, that's good to know," Lex said. "At least he's consistent. You know he's going to lose it when he finds out about us, right?"

"But he loves me..." Clark protested a little, looking far too hopeful and young. "He'll grow to at least... tolerate you, won't he? For me?"

"I would certainly hope so," Lex said. "Clark, he's Jonathan Kent. The only thing he feels more strongly than his hatred of all things Luthor is his love for his family. No matter how much he might want to chop me up and spread me over his corn field, he's not going to lose his only son over it."

"Lex..." Clark shuddered. "Please don't joke about stuff like that. And hasn't this gotten really serious, really fast? And I haven't even gotten a kiss yet..."

"How remiss of me," Lex said softly. He closed the short distance between them in two strides. His hand slipped into Clark's hair, enjoying the silky feel of it against his hand. His other hand came to rest on the young man's waist and helped to pull his body in close even as Lex brought their faces together for their first kiss.

Clark stood there in frozen shock and whimpered softly as Lex continued to kiss him softly, but insistently. He could feel himself harden as he felt Lex's body press against his. Lex felt Clark's body start to respond and moaned. He opened his mouth and let his tongue slide out to ghost along Clark's lips. The boy tasted of lemonade, honey and sunshine. Lex knew he was addicted.

"Guess you really are fags," Whitney's voice rang out.

Lex sighed and dropped his hands from Clark. He spared a second to collect himself enough not to flay the quarterback alive then whirled on the other man. "I believe Clark told you to leave," Lex said coldly.

"Forgot my wallet," Whitney said. "Had to come back and get it. Wished I hadn't."

"Not nearly as much as I do," Lex shot back. "And if you breathe a word of this to anyone, especially the Kents, I will make your life a living hell. Do you understand me?"

"And what's in it for me?" Whitney shot back with a sneer.

"How about not having your family lose everything they own?" Lex asked, deadly serious.

"Hey if you two wanna play bum buddies, what's it to me?" Whitney threw up his arms. "Just means you won't be sniffing around Lana anymore... like you ever really had the balls for a real woman."

"Get out," Lex seethed. "And this time, don't come back."

"Always knew Kent was your bitch," Whitney snorted, not budging an inch. "I mean, look at him now... blushing... all tongue tied... letting you protect his honour."

"You do realize that I am perfectly capable of buying the bank that holds your family's mortgage, are you not?" Lex asked. He knew Clark would never want him to actually destroy Whitney but he would be damned before he allowed the arrogant bastard to treat Clark this way.

"And I'm perfectly capable of telling his father," Whitney countered.

"Not if you're dead," Lex shot back, his voice as soft and deadly as it had ever been.

"Lex, no..." Clark said just as softly. One word. No. No one but his father had no to him before. Not even his mother.

Lex looked at Clark, staring into the eyes he trusted more than any other's. He nodded, a simple, clipped shake of his head. If Clark said no, he would abide by it. But if the quarterback talked he *would* make his life a living hell.

"Cowardly cocksucker," Whitney taunted. "Gotta have your rich boyfriend protect you. Just stay away from us *real* men."

Lex was on him before Whitney could even blink. Two strong jabs to the kidneys sent the boy to his knees. A knee to his chin had him flat on his back and staring up at one seriously pissed off Luthor.

Whitney clutched at his stomach and wheezed, "Y-you played dirty."

"You have no idea how dirty I can play," Lex replied. "Get out of here. And don't come back. You don't mess with us and we won't have any reason to mess with you. Got it?"

"T-this isn't over," Whitney spat and got to his feet, stumbling out of Lex's reach. "Your boyfriend can't be with you every minute of every day, Kent. Just remember who strung who up in a cornfield."

"Stay away from him, quarterback," Lex called after Whitney's retreating figure.

"He did look so pretty strung up like that..." Whitney shouted out near to his truck. "Didn't even put up much of a struggle... like he wanted to be the plaything of the football team."

Lex started to charge after the blonde when a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He looked up into Clark's rather miserable face and grimaced. It was definitely time for some damage control. Clark looked ready to bolt and Lex wasn't sure what would happen if the young man took off now.

"Let him go, please Lex. I'm not worth the trouble," Clark mumbled, letting his hand fall from Lex's shoulder.

"I'll let him go because you asked me to," Lex said. "But you're worth a hundred times more than that jerk will ever be. Especially to me."

"Maybe you were right... maybe this is too much trouble. I just wanted to be around you... I wanted something normal with you... like what other people have. Didn't believe in love at first sight... until I met you. Maybe I just am a love sick teenager who doesn't know any better..." Clark said miserably.

"And maybe you're the best thing that ever happened to me," Lex finished. "Maybe it won't work out. But life is filled with maybes and if you don't take a chance now and then, you're not living at all. I'll tell you now, I like you, Clark. As more than just a friend. I'd like to think we could make something together if we try."

"But I don't want to expose you to people like Whitney..." Clark argued. He knew Lex could protect himself, but what if he was distracted or if they didn't play fair? He didn't care about the threats Whitney had made against him, not really. What was bothering him was how they would affect Lex.

"People like Whitney can be easily crushed," Lex said. "I know you don't want me to do anything... drastic. But I'll do what I have to in order to protect us both. I want you. I want to be with you. I'm willing to face an entire town full of Whitney's if you are."

"You are?" Clark whispered, his eyes flicking up, making him look every inch like the nervous and eager teenager he was.

"Number one, when have you ever known me to back down from a fight?" Lex asked. "And number two, you happen to be the most important person in my life, Clark. There is nothing I won't do for you."

"I like the idea of you being... that devoted to me," Clark admitted, scuffing his feet in the dirt.

"I'm already that devoted to you. Have been for a long time now. You saved my life. But more than that, I think you might have saved my soul. Sounds corny, huh?"

"No," Clark smiled. "Well, maybe a little corny, but I like corny."

"I can see that," Lex smiled back. "So... how, um, that is... how did you want to do this? I mean... what is it you're looking for?"

"A boyfriend?" Clark squeaked.

"Okay, I can do boyfriend," Lex said. "But you'll have to tell me if I get out of line or anything. I haven't done anything like this in a long time. I don't want to push you into something you're not ready for."

"I willing to give you anything you need," Clark said quickly.

"Clark, I'm serious. I don't want to rush you into something you're not ready for. I'm a big boy. I can control myself. And I am well acquainted with my left hand."

"Left hand..." Clark's breath caught and his eyes grew darker. " I could do that."

"When you're ready," Lex breathed, his own breath catching at the image of Clark's strong, work-calloused hands stroking him.

"Yeah... I've thought about this before... a lot."

"Thinking about it and actually doing it are two different things," Lex said. He held up his hand before Clark could start to argue. "If you really want to then we can, but if at any time you want to stop or it just doesn't feel right then promise me you'll stop."

"Uh huh," Clark nodded, still half in haze with the notion of touching. "Maybe we could go on something like... like a date sometime... but only if you wanted to."

"How about Saturday?" Lex asked. "I could pick you up once your chores are done and we could take in a movie."

"I'd have to ask my Mom," Clark admitted reluctantly. "But I think that wouldn't be a problem." He had images of holding Lex's hand suddenly, maybe a little necking and asked. "Could we watch the movie at your house?"

"Sure," Lex said. "I had meant we could go out to a theatre, but if you'd rather watch something at the castle that's fine with me."

Clark blushed and mumbled. "I can't hold your hand in the theatre."

"Ah," Lex said, smiling broadly at the thought of Clark wanting to touch him in public. His heart clenched a bit. No one had wanted to touch him so innocently before. They either wanted the prestige of being seen with him or they wanted to get him into their bed. Clark simply wanted to be close to him. It was... nice.

"So we take this slow," Clark offered.

"Slow and easy. Just like our friendship."

END.